Page 6 of 64 
Username Post: SECRET SISTERS (APRIL-JUNE) ~CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND        (Topic#1554799)
youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to kaykay1010

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • youvegotmel Said:
Rebecca great pages!
How's everyon's Friday going? I've been in my studio for several hours...Im in the process of getting ready to do a pretty big piece (painting on huge canvas). I am a bit aggrevated right now though. I spent $20 bucks on some gesso and when I got ready to prepare my canvas I used it...it's SO thin it gives almost no tooth at all and no way am I going to be satisfied with that, so I'll have to go tomorrow and buy a more expensive, yet smaller amount, of gesso...should have gone with what I know in the first place! Grrrr!

Anyway, Hi there Miss Alda!
Joelle sounds like you're up for a fun treat ! Im so jealous!

Annie, a quilting meet! cool!

What is gesso? I have no idea.

Hi Kelly! Gesso is a medium for preparing surfaces for acrylic and oil painting and other applications...it gives your surface 'tooth' so the paint will hold on better and so it wont be absorbed by the canvas when you're painting on artists canvas. Thanks for being interested enough to ask!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to youvegotmel

Rebecca, I forgot to say my BLESSED layout is the one I did to put in your challenge...the effect I put on the Dusty Attic piece is a new technique to me...I used cracle paint, heat and ink to get the effect.

Ladies, we're having a live chat over at Scrappy Chic Thursday night...you should join in ! We have tons of fun!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to lynnde

Nancy - I think its great that you took your kids to see Great Grandma - it might have been a hard thing to do, but it would have been very special for them and for your dh too. They will be able to support him better in the future too - a really brave but good move on your part.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

here are some cards I made this weekend - some even have FLOWERS on them!

just a note card By Tina Scraps

just a note 2 By Tina Scraps

blank card By Tina Scraps

hi there card By Tina Scraps

just a note 3 card By Tina Scraps

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to Tina scraps

Tina those are GREAT! That aqua is my FAVORITE color these days! great job and flowers even! woohoo!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Yup - I left you some love too Tina - these are really creative - I love the idea of writing a quick note in a card like these, and those flowers are just gorgeous!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

Thanks Mel and Rachel!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Flowers flowers everywhere!!! Wow Tina! you must feel like spring time!! LOL!! Love your cards!

My cousin went to get stuff for spinach dip and here I am sneaking over to see my girls LOL!!!

Uh oh. She's baaaack!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Deb-doodle

Hi ladies... I wanted to share one of my pages for the CJ.. This one is for Tina!!

That Housework Will Wait By Lynnde

I hand stitched the beads on.. trying to make each LO with something special on it. I used the thread from my wedding dress to stitch these on. Hope you like it Tina!! Description of my piece of advice is in my gallery....

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lynnde

Hi ladies, hope you are having a great Sunday. I just got back from a little day trip with my honey. We had Mexican for lunch, hit A's, Bass Pro and brought home dessert from the Cheesecake factory. Great day! Off to get acu

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I have also finished the lo for Pink's CJ (apart from I have to add a 'yum' on top of the pie!) and I would also like to put it in your challenge, Rebecca. The bubble wrap printing is new to me, as is making my own flowers. I used LOADS of old stash, and it actually reminded me that I have lots of old things that I should use more often. This was the best fun!

Ooh la la... By RachelUK

So glad you had fun working on this one! I'll add it to the March Challenge list. Totally fab lo!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to lynnde

Great new cards Tina!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to scrapbrarian

Hi everyone!

Love your cards Tina!

Rachel~that layout is so beautiful! I can't believe it's all mine!!!! I'm so blessed! Honestly, I have LOVED all of the ones everyone has done for me! Well, I have LOVED all the ones for everyone, but especially the ones made for me! This week is my week to get a few more done. I have only done 2 so far.

And Rebecca, I do have a layout for your challenge. I will post this week.

Rosita...call me. I need to chat with you before we assign sisters. Any special requests from anyone, pm me really soon...I am making my tenative list tomorrow. It can always change, but I like to be prepared.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to thinkpink22

Hi girls

Mel I love that layout and those shades of blue are perfect

Amy thanks. Im an amateur too though. I just started sewing and that was one of my first projects. Glad youre starting to feel better

Danelle sounds like a good weekend. Glad your friend got to see her brother

Nancy that must be a tough situation. Just continue enjoying your time with her…

Rebecca sounds like you had a great weekend as well

Sherri I hope your puppy is feeling better

Tres hope your having fun with your family

Traci glad you had fun in your classes.

Rachel – love the layout

Tina – cool cards

Danelle love the new layout!

Well I didn’t end up going to the aquarium. We got there and there was a 2 hour wait! And it was cold/really windy out so we definitely didn’t want to wait outside for that. So instead we rented a bunch of movies and ordered pizza. Then tonight we went out for angie’s birthday as a family. I can’t believe it’s going to be Monday already though…

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to jackie9635

ok girls i have a question... Thursday it will be the year anniversary that my boss lost his son (his son was very young and was the fireman who died during a call...) My boss is very private about his life (and of course the media here completely invaded his life during his family's time of mourning). He talks to me about it at times though. I want to acknowledge it in some way because I don't want him to think I just forgot about his son but I don't know what would be an appropriate way of doing so... Any ideas? I was thinking of just a "thinking of you" card or something to that extent...

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Jackie - I think a card like that would be perfect. You can leave it on his desk and if he can't cope with acknowledging it, he doesnt have to, but he'll know you remembered and that will be special to him. What a sweet idea.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to RachelUK

Hi everyone. I just thought I would pop in. My Dad was admitted into the hospital yesterday. My Mom had noticed his nose was turning blue and then one day he got lite headed and his whole face changed another color but my Twin didn't tell me what color. So my Sister's and my Mom wanted him to go get things checked out and the doctor didn't like what he was hearing so he admitted him. He's hooked up to oxygen and heart monitor and I got to see him today. He hated being there. I just hope that they can make him better and figure out what's wrong. The cardiologist said that there was allot of scarring in his lung from years of smoking and working in the saw mills. Please pray for him.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Fortunes Fool

• Fortunes Fool Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
Hey everyone!!!!! I'm checking in real quick. I'm so excited to see everyone here! YipEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

THis weekend is supposed to be a real busy one, but the main plans got cancelled. THe event I was supposed to be at got flooded out. So now we are having other plans. Last night those included cocktails, exploding diet coke and the time warp.

Oo the time warp-love it!! Add in cocktails and a diet coke in any form and it sounds like you had a fabulous night Traci!!

It was fun! We taught the 2yo how to do the time warp ( that was before the alcohol), Made our own diet coke fountain with Mentos, and then had way to much rum and schnapps. But it was fun Yesterday was supposed to be a sewing day, but my friends turned it into a fis tracis house day. THe installed my new dishwasher, Cleaned up my backyard and started pulling weeds. THen we BBq'd braughts, Made another Diet coke fountain, and sat around the fire. It was a good day.

Sounds like you had a great day!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Peridotskies

I have most amazing church family. Dh is in the hospital tonight they were there for him when he had a spell with his heart. They stop service for prayer all many went to hospital with us n the resr came after service. One count was 35 pp in waiting. We have him VA. He is doing great. Plz pray for us. It isn't a stroke nor heart attack but his rate n bp went sky high. I watched as they had shock twice ver scarey. Wonderful dd n her bf have me in hotel close by the bf works here. Plz pray to God for continuing Blessings. Ty

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

• Deb-doodle Said:
Has anyone been watching 'Secret Millionaire'? What a feel good show. I was smiling and crying at the same time. I would highly recommend it. Of course that was the first time I've watched it.

I've never heard of that show before. Sound good though.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Hi ladies, hope you are having a great Sunday. I just got back from a little day trip with my honey. We had Mexican for lunch, hit A's, Bass Pro and brought home dessert from the Cheesecake factory. Great day! Off to get acu

Sounds wonderful! I had a very lazy Sunday, watched some movies and slept a lot.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
I have most amazing church family. Dh is in the hospital tonight they were there for him when he had a spell with his heart. They stop service for prayer all many went to hospital with us n the resr came after service. One count was 35 pp in waiting. We have him VA. He is doing great. Plz pray for us. It isn't a stroke nor heart attack but his rate n bp went sky high. I watched as they had shock twice ver scarey. Wonderful dd n her bf have me in hotel close by the bf works here. Plz pray to God for continuing Blessings. Ty

Praying for you. Call me if you want to talk...or text if you need to communicate that way.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Rosita

Good Monday Morning ... rise and shine all it another day in Paradise ... hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Flying_Unicorn

Good Morning ladies.

Saying prayers for Katrina's dad and Suzi's husband.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• jackie9635 Said:
ok girls i have a question... Thursday it will be the year anniversary that my boss lost his son (his son was very young and was the fireman who died during a call...) My boss is very private about his life (and of course the media here completely invaded his life during his family's time of mourning). He talks to me about it at times though. I want to acknowledge it in some way because I don't want him to think I just forgot about his son but I don't know what would be an appropriate way of doing so... Any ideas? I was thinking of just a "thinking of you" card or something to that extent...

Perfect idea Jackie and I agree with Rachel just leave it for him to find on his desk.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Good morning ladies.

Prayers going out to Katrina and Suzi.

Jackie, I agree with Rachel too.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• thinkpink22 Said:
Hi everyone!

Rachel~that layout is so beautiful! I can't believe it's all mine!!!! I'm so blessed! Honestly, I have LOVED all of the ones everyone has done for me! Well, I have LOVED all the ones for everyone, but especially the ones made for me! This week is my week to get a few more done. I have only done 2 so far.

And Rebecca, I do have a layout for your challenge. I will post this week.

Hi Sweet Pink! So glad you are going to enter my March Challenge. Have fun working on cj lo's this week, wish I could join you in your studio and work on mine as well!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Peridotskies Said:
Hi everyone. I just thought I would pop in. My Dad was admitted into the hospital yesterday. My Mom had noticed his nose was turning blue and then one day he got lite headed and his whole face changed another color but my Twin didn't tell me what color. So my Sister's and my Mom wanted him to go get things checked out and the doctor didn't like what he was hearing so he admitted him. He's hooked up to oxygen and heart monitor and I got to see him today. He hated being there. I just hope that they can make him better and figure out what's wrong. The cardiologist said that there was allot of scarring in his lung from years of smoking and working in the saw mills. Please pray for him.

Praying for your dad, you and your whole family Katrina!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Sassy Suzi Said:

Prayers for your dh, you and your family too Suzi!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Okay, time to get to the work at hand!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-28-11 05:19 AM

• Peridotskies Said:

Sending prayers your way Katrina ...

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-28-11 05:21 AM

• Sassy Suzi Said:

Oh Suzi.... I'm sending your hugs and prayers!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-28-11 05:21 AM
In response to 888

Jackie... I think a card would be perfect... very sweet of you!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-28-11 05:22 AM
In response to 888

Tina... I am loving ALL those cards...did you need my addy to send me one

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-28-11 05:23 AM
In response to 888

Danelle... I love your lo that you did for Tina.. your tag is perfect too!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-28-11 05:24 AM
In response to 888

Good morning all.. Happy Monday.

I woke up and didn't know that it was suppose to snow last night... wow.. traffic was horrible!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to 888

Good Morning Everyone! Katrina and Suzi- we will keep you in our prayers!

Joellio
Guru
Joellio

Morning everyone! That will teach me not to stop in over the weekend! I'll try to catch up on what everyone did over the weekend!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Joellio

Good morning everyone.

Ill pray for Katrina's and Suzi's family today.

Thanks for the advice girls.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Peridotskies Said:

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Katrina!! I hope he'll be okay. Let us know when you find out what the Dr. says.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Sassy Suzi Said:

Oh Suzi!! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I will pray for you of course!! I hope they get his bp under control. You are in my thoughts!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Jackie, I agree with Rachel. I think a card from you would be perfect. Especially if you have time to make one. That would be so sweet!!

I am finally home alone. My cousin, goddaughter and her friend left a little while ago. It's nice to have some me time and get in my scraproom. It's been raining her all day! I'm so glad. We've been so dry and I've been running the sprinklers non stop. I work so hard in my yard and this nice all day drizzle is just what it needs. It's the perfect day to stay in and be creative too. I have to work tomorrow so I'm loving a little free time.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Oh Deb its been dry here too, despite having a few frosty mornings. We were watering everything in sight yesterday, and then when I came home today, the gorgeous tub of red and white parrot tulips outside the front door were all droopy - I'd forgotten them! I slooshed a whole load of water on to try and revive them.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Well I have a visitor this evening from across the pond. My nephew is here with his girlfriend from Kansas. Now get this - it is a weird set up...my nephew is about 24, and is a Goth - long beard, head scarf, long pony tail but shaved head at the back, big spike piercing through his lower lip etc - you get the picture.

He and this girl met on line, and now she is over to meet him properly. When she first stepped out of the car, I thought hmmm, a little older? (shes 32) and now I discover she has three kids!! Where are they? I dunno! The pair of them came down from my sisters to stay overnight as they were going to the theatre locally, so they are out at the moment. My bro in law told me about the kids - she never mentioned them, which is a bit suspect if you ask me!

My nephew smells! How bad is it to have to say that! I went to give him a hug and I thought 'this boy needs a shower - and badly'! He is really stinky, and if I was her, that would put me right off! When he comes back in, I am tempted to say - well you need a shower after all that driving today - you must stink! I'm just wondering how far I can push it....

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Katrina and Suzi - your loved ones are in the right place, with the right people looking after them. With all the love and prayers going up for them right now, the only way is for them to get better and come home to you both.

Sending hugs your way. xxxx

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Oh goodness Rachel...what a dilemma!! Or maybe you could just show them the shower and hand them a towel and say, "Here you go, you're welcome to take a shower before you go to your show. I'm sure you'd enjoy yourself better freshened up after that long drive." I'm wondering what a 32 year old women sees in a kid that age. Unless he makes good money and is willing to support her and her 3 kids. For that mater, what does a 25 y.o. kid see in a woman with 3 kids?? Maybe someone to love him unconditionally? Or as least act like it. crazy at any rate.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Quote for the day:

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer then I was yesterday.

-anonymous

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Rachel, that stinks - literally! I agree that it's suspect that a woman didn't mention she has 3 kids. you don't think you should have mentioned that before you flew over the ocean?! maybe she's looking for a guy with more ahem stamina - though with that smell, I wouldn't let him near me, stamina or not.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-28-11 11:40 AM

Tina, you are cracking me up! Thinking of all of you today......

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

Once had a client (I'm a career counselor for college students and alumni) who STANK to high heaven. combination of dirty clothes and unwashed body. I was working up to a place where I could actually talk to him about it, but then he stopped coming. anyway, during one appt, he mentioned that he hadn't done anything because his gf had been away on study abroad for 8 months, and he wanted to see her. and I thought to myself "they said love was blind, but no one told me it didn't have a sense of smell!" lol

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

• jackie9635 Said:

Leaving the card on his desk is perfect - I am unsure of your religion .. but what I have done is gone to my parish ( RC) and I usually enclose a mass offering in the person's name if you wanted to give a little something more .... I know some parishes charge whatever you donate some have a set price .

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

My thoughts and prayers for Katrina's dad and Suzi's husband and families. I will light a candle for you both.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Well my friends, no showers were blocked, no baths were taken and the smell is still there...

He lost his job a couple of months ago, so he certainly isn't supporting her. He was working as s security guard having had the correct training. They didn't like under Goth look and let him go as he couldn't conform to the rules. It doesn't surprise me in the least

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

so what's he going to do for a job? on the one hand, I can understand the principle of it, on the other hand, there's also the practicality - need to pay the bills!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Would we be questioning the age if it was reversed and he 32 and she 25? Call it as it is - Cougar ...
He had to have been interviewed prior to getting hired with the security company .. all of a sudden his appearance is in question ... sorry but that to me is discrimination and wrong on the company..unless he woke up one morning with the revelation to become goth ..
The bathing ... oh heck .. just think an easy person to buy for ... cologne ...

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to 888

Ok I hate doing this, but it was such a busy weekend I am exhausted so I'm just dropping in to say hi, I missed you this weekend! I'll get caught up on all the chatter tomorrow!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to MrsAnnieS

hi girls.

thanks for all the advice on what to do for him. he was talking to me about it a little today so i think a card would be nice. ill try making one tomorrow.

i went to the gym today and scrapped after. i finally started my georgia album and am three pages in now

rachel we have a situation like that here too. well with the kids at least. my older brother has been dating this lady who he is now engaged to. (he's 29 she's 32 i think) so not too bad of an age difference. but she has two kids - each from a different father and believe me my parents aren't too pleased about that either... good luck with your nephew.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Just a quick checkin before bed to see if Katrina or Suzi had stopped back in to let us know how their loved ones are doing. Keeping you 2 in my thoughts and prayers!

Good night to all the rest of you lovlies, sleep well.

Don't forget to post your lo by Thursday night if you are entering my challenge.

Here are the entries so far;
Danelle CJ pages for Suzi
Deb Heaven Sent
Rosita Wilder Tower
Tina Fun with Brandon
Jackie I Am
Mel Blessed
Rachel Ooh la la

If I am missing your entry let me know!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-28-11 08:01 PM

I am so excited to get my SS - I can hardly wait!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
Would we be questioning the age if it was reversed and he 32 and she 25? Call it as it is - Cougar ...
He had to have been interviewed prior to getting hired with the security company .. all of a sudden his appearance is in question ... sorry but that to me is discrimination and wrong on the company..unless he woke up one morning with the revelation to become goth ..
The bathing ... oh heck .. just think an easy person to buy for ... cologne ...

Thats an interesting take, Alda, and he is entirely in agreement, and feels he has been discriminated against! However, little by little, more was revealed last evening, and he was actually sacked for gross misconduct, which has nothing to do with his appearance! I've only sacked someone once for GM and it was because they physically hit someone! So I think there was a lot more to it than he initially let one...some story about not ringing in to work when he should have done, not appearing at work etc etc. I think he probably has some mental health issues which have never really been looked into, though last night he did admit to having attended anger management classes in the past....so it isnt just the Goth look, thats for sure!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I don't think this is a long term relationship! She has three kids, one lives with her ex husband, her oldest is going into the army, and her youngest 9 year old daughter lives with her. As her son is 16, she started young, so now shes getting a little freedom, I guess! The 9 year old is staying with grandma, which is where they both live. This was the first time out of the US for her, which is great, but how she afforded it I have no idea - she doesnt work. She has some mental health issues too, and wasnt afraid to say so!

Ah well, they had a nice time down here, and are now on their way back to my sisters. I think she flies back tomorrow.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I am having a lovely day today! I have a day off, (had one more day to fit in before the end of the holiday year - end of March) and this was the only day with a minimum number of meetings.

I got up and made the guests breakfast (she did have a shower this morning, but not him!).

Since then I have been sitting down scrapping, and having a lovely time, and its not even 11am yet! I completed Katrina's CJ page last night, and today I am working on Rebecca's. I am really getting into it!

This afternoon I am meeting a friend for coffee and cake, and then coming home for a little more scrapping. I am one happy woman, satisfying my creative urges today - yay! Go me!

JMorales
Guru
JMorales
In response to RachelUK

Good morning ladies! hope everyone has a wonderful day

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to JMorales

morning all!

supposed to be a decent day today, in the 50s I think, yay, spring is coming!

gotta go, ttyl

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Good morning ladies, I planned on raking up leaves and branches this morning, but woke up to a little SNOW-yuck! Guess I can't rake, darn. I may have to scrap:)
Have a great day!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

What a saga Rachel. There's always so much unsaid in these kind of things.

I for one wouldn't want a man several years younger than me. I got a flirt from a 31 year old guy on the dating site. I told him he was way too young for me. He said, 'what is age but a number. How about be have a drink and see where it goes.' I said 'No, he was the same age as my son and I would find that disturbing.' He told me he looked 40. LMAO!!!!! 40????? I'm 54 and look every bit of it!!! I'm not in to being a sugar Momma!!

So I'm off to work. I hope everyone has a good day. I'll put your quote for the day up and then I need to get ready for a full day at work!! I know I'll be sore tonight since I've been off for several days but I'm looking forward to the exercise!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Suzi and Katrina, praying for you two. Please update us.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Quote for the day:

The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.

-Yves Saint Laurent

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Good morning ladies, I planned on raking up leaves and branches this morning, but woke up to a little SNOW-yuck! Guess I can't rake, darn. I may have to scrap:)
Have a great day!

Oh DARN!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hey everyone!

Katrina...I'll be thinking of your dad and praying for him! Suzette...hope your hubby is feeling better.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-29-11 06:01 AM

Good morning everyone! Hope you each have a wonderful day!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Good morning girls!

Trying to catch up on the chatter.

Dana: So happy you got your packages. I apologize again for being late. Things just got complicated around here.

Things with Krysta just get better and better!
We met with CPS yesterday and they arranged for Krysta to have a psych evaluation. Turns out they think she is bipolar and we are admitting her into a treatment center today. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to TrishaLouise

Morning everyone!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Joellio

good morning girls.

trisha well that would help explain some things at least and help you better understand her if she was....

i hope everyone has a good day.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Morning ladies!

Suzi and Katrina you and your families are both in my prayers! Please keep us updated!

Rachel I'm sorry to hear about the odoriferous houseguest! I suggest a load of linen be thrown into the wash as soon as possible after they leave. The oder comes out of sheets faster if you wash them asap-yup experiance there-a week long house guest who never showered once while he was here and who knows when he showered before that! It was quite offensive.

Deb I loved that plumber photo!

Jackie that is such a thoughtful gesture to leave him a card, I'm sure he will appreciate the thought behind it.

Almost time to find out the new little sister! Although I'm still waiting to hear if my little sister got her March package!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to lynnde

Oh Rebecca I almost forgot! I'm still planning on joining the challenge this month! I've got two days left right? I'm trying to find a good technique that is new to me that will work for my page-it is a lot harder than I thought it would be!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Good morning ladies!!

Sorry I've been a little absent.. it's crunch week for me as Saturday I have to go take a test for work. It's probably the toughest test I've ever taken in my life. This will be the third time and it doesn't get any easier!! But.. until we are appointed to the position we have to stay up to date on the test. And that's the short version of that sad story LOL

Victoria.. it's so fun to see you excited about getting yoru SS...

Suzi & Katrina.. praying for both of you!

Jackie... I agree with the rest.. even though I'm speaking up a little late. A handmade card would be perfect!!

Trisha.. Krystal is so fortunate to have you and Andy.. I hope you get some answers in how to help her. We have a niece that is bipolar as well. Her meds keep her right on track. As soon as she quits taking them, you see an immediate difference. But if that is what it is, then there is something that will help her!! I admire you for being there for her like you have been!!!

Off to get busy again... life will calme down after statements go out on April 15th.

Thanks for all the love on my latest CJ LO.. will leave love later when I get a chance.

Tina.. haven't had a chance to leave love on your cards, but they are gorgeous!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to lynnde

I'm sure you're right Annie - the sheets have already been washed and are in the dryer right now - and I gave them the heavy duty wash too!

Had great fun scrapping today. I finished Rebecca's page and then suddenly noticed it was supposed to be two pages - whoops! And I know Rebecca pretty much always does double pagers, so back to the scrapping table for me, and my second page is nearly done. I have already done Katrina's - I know I'm doing them out of order, and not the retreat ones first, but Katrina's subject inspired me!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Heres one for you, Katrina!

Winter By RachelUK

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Fortunes Fool Said:
  • kaykay1010 Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday at CKC was great! and today I'm going back! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought so much new stuff, and the classes were fun. I've more classes today and I'm so excited! I'll check back in with everyone later!

What classes did you take?

I took a sketchabilities class, a totally awesome layouts class and the abc's of scrapbooking class. I enjoyed the layouts class but the other 2 were just OK....fortunately in the fall, they will be close to me again, so I can take a few more!

I took the Latest and Gretest class, Totally awesome layouts, 15 minute Pages, the CK sketches calss, and a lecture class. THe first 4 were fabulous, but the last one wasnt. Oh well. It is also safe to say that I spent way to much money. I'll have to take pictures of everyhting later today, but I'm pretty sure that it wont all fit into one photo.

Today I'm gonna have to do paperwork and fix my computor. The really sad part is that I wont be able to play with any of my new supplies until easter weekend. (sigh) Oh well.

I guess we will have to compare notes on the Totally awesome layouts class and see what each of us came up with.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I am moving on to Katrina's - I'm not so good working with the tiny 6x6 size, so this is good discipline for me!

I was in a swap a long time ago when we did 4 x 4's! Talk about hard.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Peridotskies Said:

I hope everything is ok...I will keep you all in my prayers

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Sassy Suzi Said:

I am relieved that you have such wonderful people surrounding you. I will keep everyone in my prayers. So sorry you have this to deal with.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to RachelUK

Hello Everyone.

First let me thank each of you for your prayers and asking about my sweet husband. I saw my post on here and noticed the bad typing. I was using my phone with shaking fingers.
We were at church, what better place, he felt as though he was going to pass out during singing, he said he was going to the foyer to get some air. He refused for me to go with him. So I looked across the church and motion for his friend to go check on him, his wife is a nurse too. He came back and got me and his wife. I grabbed Amber and all my stuff and out the door. Of course several more friends followed too. I got the vehicle and pulled around to load him up. A dear friend went back into the sanctuary and told the preacher we were loading Dennis up to go to the ER. They had prayer right then. We were going to take him to the VA, it was going to be almost an hour drive from where we were at. The nurse got into the Tahoe to go with us and said we need to go to Harton first for them to check him out before going to the VA. She didnt tell us what she knew at that time. His HR was so high she couldnt count it. I went into ER with him. His HR was 189 and BP 176/134. I was worried. Dennis asked them all if they believed in God, when they all answered yes he said everything is going to be okay then. I was at the foot of the bed watching everything. I kept watching the monitor. They gave him 6 of whatever that was to bring his HR down, it didn’t even phase him. So they gave him 12, his BP started dropping, but his HR only dropped to 175. The doctor said 12 more, again it didn’t phase him. Dennis asked the dr what you gonna do now? So then the dr said they need to shock him. He asked its going to hurt isn’t it? The dr said he could put him under and explain the complications, so they did it. He isn’t easy to put under, he kept telling them he hadn’t gone yet, I saw him go out and he looked dead. They shocked him and his chest look like it was doing a dance with his belly. They turned it up and shocked him good, he really rose off the bed, still his HR was 175, they shocked him again and it dropped to 90. I really thought I had lost my Love. Nothing is so scary!
All I knew I was getting him out of Harton, it’s a small hospital and all of Dennis’ records and cardiologist is at the VA. He asked to be transfer to the VA, so the ER dr, that just came in called the VA and they arranged for him to be transferred. I was very calm during all the process, but so scared. Dennis said you did good hun. I was shaking so bad, so my best friends from church agreed to drive to the VA. One drove the Tahoe so I would have a vehicle there. Another couple went back to the church and got my car and drove it home for me. The outpour of our friends at church was so amazing to us. Bug was scared too, she was in tears worrying. I knew she would be taken care of while I was in the ER, as soon as they had him stable I told one of the nurses to go get her so that she could see for herself he was okay. She called her step Dad to come get her and take her to get Missy too.
We came home late yesterday with new meds and he goes back to his cardiologist in a few weeks.
That was my ordeal and the love and support of good friends and the power of God is amazing. Again thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I know you all are a praying bunch of ladies here.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to kaykay1010

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
  • kaykay1010 Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday at CKC was great! and today I'm going back! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought so much new stuff, and the classes were fun. I've more classes today and I'm so excited! I'll check back in with everyone later!

Did you take the class in Portland? or at another CKC?

What classes did you take?

I took a sketchabilities class, a totally awesome layouts class and the abc's of scrapbooking class. I enjoyed the layouts class but the other 2 were just OK....fortunately in the fall, they will be close to me again, so I can take a few more!

I took the Latest and Gretest class, Totally awesome layouts, 15 minute Pages, the CK sketches calss, and a lecture class. THe first 4 were fabulous, but the last one wasnt. Oh well. It is also safe to say that I spent way to much money. I'll have to take pictures of everyhting later today, but I'm pretty sure that it wont all fit into one photo.

Today I'm gonna have to do paperwork and fix my computor. The really sad part is that I wont be able to play with any of my new supplies until easter weekend. (sigh) Oh well.

I guess we will have to compare notes on the Totally awesome layouts class and see what each of us came up with.

Did you go to Portland, or a different CKC?

Edited by Fortunes Fool on 03-29-11 12:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Hello Everyone.

First let me thank each of you for your prayers and asking about my sweet husband. I saw my post on here and noticed the bad typing. I was using my phone with shaking fingers.
We were at church, what better place, he felt as though he was going to pass out during singing, he said he was going to the foyer to get some air. He refused for me to go with him. So I looked across the church and motion for his friend to go check on him, his wife is a nurse too. He came back and got me and his wife. I grabbed Amber and all my stuff and out the door. Of course several more friends followed too. I got the vehicle and pulled around to load him up. A dear friend went back into the sanctuary and told the preacher we were loading Dennis up to go to the ER. They had prayer right then. We were going to take him to the VA, it was going to be almost an hour drive from where we were at. The nurse got into the Tahoe to go with us and said we need to go to Harton first for them to check him out before going to the VA. She didnt tell us what she knew at that time. His HR was so high she couldnt count it. I went into ER with him. His HR was 189 and BP 176/134. I was worried. Dennis asked them all if they believed in God, when they all answered yes he said everything is going to be okay then. I was at the foot of the bed watching everything. I kept watching the monitor. They gave him 6 of whatever that was to bring his HR down, it didn’t even phase him. So they gave him 12, his BP started dropping, but his HR only dropped to 175. The doctor said 12 more, again it didn’t phase him. Dennis asked the dr what you gonna do now? So then the dr said they need to shock him. He asked its going to hurt isn’t it? The dr said he could put him under and explain the complications, so they did it. He isn’t easy to put under, he kept telling them he hadn’t gone yet, I saw him go out and he looked dead. They shocked him and his chest look like it was doing a dance with his belly. They turned it up and shocked him good, he really rose off the bed, still his HR was 175, they shocked him again and it dropped to 90. I really thought I had lost my Love. Nothing is so scary!
All I knew I was getting him out of Harton, it’s a small hospital and all of Dennis’ records and cardiologist is at the VA. He asked to be transfer to the VA, so the ER dr, that just came in called the VA and they arranged for him to be transferred. I was very calm during all the process, but so scared. Dennis said you did good hun. I was shaking so bad, so my best friends from church agreed to drive to the VA. One drove the Tahoe so I would have a vehicle there. Another couple went back to the church and got my car and drove it home for me. The outpour of our friends at church was so amazing to us. Bug was scared too, she was in tears worrying. I knew she would be taken care of while I was in the ER, as soon as they had him stable I told one of the nurses to go get her so that she could see for herself he was okay. She called her step Dad to come get her and take her to get Missy too.
We came home late yesterday with new meds and he goes back to his cardiologist in a few weeks.
That was my ordeal and the love and support of good friends and the power of God is amazing. Again thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I know you all are a praying bunch of ladies here.

Oh Suzi... how incredibly scary! I'm so glad that things are working out so well, I will continue to pray for you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to lynnde

Hi girls!

So, who is ready to get their new little sisters? I have my list all ready so I might be persuaded to pass out my part of the list tonight. I actually have two appointments tomorrow, so I probably will. Just understand that if anyone new signs up, I might have to switch out someone...so with that said...

(don't tell Rosita I'm doing this, she goes a tad crazy about time and deadlines and such...me, I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants type of girl! )

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

So, if you got a pm from me telling you who your little sister is, then don't start posting until tomorrow when everyone gets their own little sister!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Has anyone heard from Katrina about her Dad?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Suzi - I just cannot believe how calm you have been about everything - that is some faith girl, and I am impressed that both you and Dennis just put your faith in God, and what more proof could you need that you have him back home. I'm just open mouthed but so thankful.

Edited by RachelUK on 03-29-11 02:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Well I have had SUCH a productive day! I did the 2-page lo for Rebecca, which I will post in a day or two, and I also started the one for Betsye! I had such a great time, too. I also took time to go and plant my tomato seeds, and check out everything else in my greenhouse. I did a couple of loads of washing, a shedload of ironing and put clean linen on the bed as Josh, my 21 year old, will be home from university on Thursday for his Easter holidays.

Busy day - but good fun too. I wish I had a day off at home more often!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Pink - I'm still debating about joining again. SHould I? How are you off for numbers? Do you need a late joiner who cannot make up her mind?

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Pink - I'm still debating about joining again. SHould I? How are you off for numbers? Do you need a late joiner who cannot make up her mind?

Oh yes you should...

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Suzi - thoughts and prayers your way ... I will light a candle tonight ....

I am excited ... about starting and spoiling mu little sis ...

Have a great nite ... off to teach a class ..

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

Rachel~we NEED you to join in this round to make our numbers even. PLEASE do me a favor and join in...pretty please!!!! With sugar on top.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Katrina and Suzi - sending hugs and prayers for you both. Suzi thanks for the update. I hope Katrina checks in soon with good news.

Well the weekend was crazy busy but we came home yesterday and I went to bed really early. Even my kids were tuckered out from all that chaos and fun. A good friend of mine called me and she was in labor....about 12 hours later she had a baby girl. No name yet but I went shopping today! I love to buy baby things but I'm done with the baby thing myself

Can't wait to start posting.....I want to shop for someone since I still need to finish up a bunch of pages before I can shop for myself.

Have a wonderful Tuesday night everyone!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to parisdame

Rachel~just in case, I'm saving you a spot!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Have a good night everyone! Talk to you all soon~

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Suzi, thank you for the update. I can't even imagine how afraid you must have been. Thank God everything worked out in the end.

Pink, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I can't text very well on my phone. No I-phone, no Droid. Give me a call when you get a chance and we can talk. Or we can pm if you'd rather. I have a fighting chance when I have a full keyboard in front of me. LOL!!

I can't wait to find out who my little sis is!!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Hello Everyone.

I'm glad he is okay!

Page 6 of 64 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics