Username Post: SECRET SISTERS (APRIL-JUNE) ~CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND        (Topic#1554799)
Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Peridotskies

Hi everyone! My Dad is doing just fine now. We found out he was going through conjestive heart failure. If we hadn't asked him to go to the hospital he would've died. I'm so glad he's okay as do my Sister and my Mom his ex wife. He needs to be on oxygen for awhile and eat a low sodium diet. I hope all is well with all of you.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies

I still have not received my last package.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

The last package information should go on the other thread Katrina...that way we can keep track on there and not confuse it with here...thanks

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Good morning ladies, I planned on raking up leaves and branches this morning, but woke up to a little SNOW-yuck! Guess I can't rake, darn. I may have to scrap:)
Have a great day!

Such a shame. I'm sure you were looking forward to the raking. I hope you were able to do plan B.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Peridotskies Said:
Hi everyone! My Dad is doing just fine now. We found out he was going through conjestive heart failure. If we hadn't asked him to go to the hospital he would've died. I'm so glad he's okay as do my Sister and my Mom his ex wife. He needs to be on oxygen for awhile and eat a low sodium diet. I hope all is well with all of you.

Katrina, it's great to hear your Dad is doing better. Hopefully he will get that heart under control.

I'm sorry you haven't received your last package. I don't know if anyone has contacted your big sis about it. They probably have. Hopefully you will know something in the next day or two.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Deb-doodle

I have contacted her big sister.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Well I have had SUCH a productive day! I did the 2-page lo for Rebecca, which I will post in a day or two, and I also started the one for Betsye! I had such a great time, too. I also took time to go and plant my tomato seeds, and check out everything else in my greenhouse. I did a couple of loads of washing, a shedload of ironing and put clean linen on the bed as Josh, my 21 year old, will be home from university on Thursday for his Easter holidays.

Busy day - but good fun too. I wish I had a day off at home more often!

I thought it was only 1 page for rebecca?

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to thinkpink22

hi everyone...Ive been mia for a couple of days and it looks like I missed alot.
Suzi and Katrina, I am so glad your spouses are okay...my goodness those are some scary sitations.

Hi Kimberly! Im so excited to get my sis!!!

Rachel, please join in!

I bought myself a new car yesterday. It is sooo cool! I love it...the price and financing amount is a bit scary, but i LOVE it.

Deb, to answer your question about the car I had when I came to Nashville...there is nothing wrong with it but it had 70K miles on it and I felt I should trade it before it got so many miles I couldnt get anything for it. I need to have a reliable car cause Im on the road alot with my job, so we just thought it was time.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to youvegotmel

Suzi, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your dh.

Katrina, glad you made your dad go to the hospital. some men are like that - something has to be seriously wrong before my dad will even see a doctor, though he has gotten a little better as he's gotten older.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• youvegotmel Said:
hi everyone...Ive been mia for a couple of days and it looks like I missed alot.
Suzi and Katrina, I am so glad your spouses are okay...my goodness those are some scary sitations.

Rachel, please join in!

I bought myself a new car yesterday. It is sooo cool! I love it...the price and financing amount is a bit scary, but i LOVE it.

Deb, to answer your question about the car I had when I came to Nashville...there is nothing wrong with it but it had 70K miles on it and I felt I should trade it before it got so many miles I couldnt get anything for it. I need to have a reliable car cause Im on the road alot with my job, so we just thought it was time.

LOL!!! Oh Mel, you're talking to a person that has 217,000 miles on her car. I told you I drive them in to the ground!! That's okay though, I haven't had that $650 payment in 6 years. Knock wood!!!! Since I don't have the money for one right now I hope it last another 5 or 6 years. LOL!!!(unless I marry the doctor. LOL)

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

hi girls

suzi wow that's all so scary. im glad he's doing better now though..

katrina im glad your dad is doing better too. just watch what he eats now and keep a good eye on him.

deb - hahaha i had that many miles on milton too. i definitely ran him to the ground...

well i got some more scrapping done today. now that im done with the quilt i can catch up on scrapping finally. and im almost done with my georgia album.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to kaykay1010

Rachel so glad you are having such a fine day. Scrap away dear friend!

Annie you have until midnight on Thursday! Can't wait to see what you submit!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Suzi, how frightening! Glad dh is home and all is okay. God is good!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

Katrina, so happy to hear your Dad is doing okay!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
Well I have had SUCH a productive day! I did the 2-page lo for Rebecca, which I will post in a day or two, and I also started the one for Betsye! I had such a great time, too. I also took time to go and plant my tomato seeds, and check out everything else in my greenhouse. I did a couple of loads of washing, a shedload of ironing and put clean linen on the bed as Josh, my 21 year old, will be home from university on Thursday for his Easter holidays.

I did ask for 2 pages Tina but if you only did one I am okay with that. Yours can be the front page entry!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
Pink - I'm still debating about joining again. SHould I? How are you off for numbers? Do you need a late joiner who cannot make up her mind?

Rachel~we NEED you to join in this round to make our numbers even. PLEASE do me a favor and join in...pretty please!!!! With sugar on top.

I'm in - I just couldnt resist - sent you all my details 5 minutes ago. The wedding isnt until July, so I think I have about 6 weeks after the last package is sent - plenty of time to go nuts here!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

It says two on my list! I had to go back yesterday and make my second page look as though it was always part of the plan! I hope I succeeded!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Glad to hear your dad is ok Katrina, but that last package - well your sis cannot hold her head up around here any more...

I agree on the car front - 57k is nothing - its nearly new! My car is three years old, and having driven a 72 mile commute to work (one way) for a couple of years, the mileage zipped up, but its a reliable little car, and I aint changing it - not when theres scrappy supplies that need buying!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Sadly off to work now - that scrappy day yesterday gave me a but of a taste for it!

Got Neil home tonight and my friend from work staying over. She'd turned the duvet down last week, but I didnt change the sheets as I knew she was coming back this week. I turned the duvet up just now, and it had nail varnish on (red on the white cover) right in the middle at the top! I can't believe she didnt tell me, and I was a little p'd off. I just used nail varnish remover, which has helped, but I think I need to do a little more and hope it goes when I wash it.

Hey ho.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to jackie9635

• jackie9635 Said:
hi girls

suzi wow that's all so scary. im glad he's doing better now though..

katrina im glad your dad is doing better too. just watch what he eats now and keep a good eye on him.

deb - hahaha i had that many miles on milton too. i definitely ran him to the ground...

well i got some more scrapping done today. now that im done with the quilt i can catch up on scrapping finally. and im almost done with my georgia album.

All of us are going to be watching after what he eats. We love him and would not want to lose him to something that can be prevented.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• youvegotmel Said:

Rachel, please join in!

oh my. I've never had a car with less than 100K on it, even when I first got it.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

I did ask for 2 pages Tina but if you only did one I am okay with that. Yours can be the front page entry!

For goodness sake, I missed that also and only did one page. I guess that should be my advice pages - always read the directions. LOL

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Sherrenae

Susi glad your husband is on them mend and doing better - you are very lucky to have such a great support system.

Katrina I am happy to hear that your dad is better and that he got to the hospital in time - scary stuff.

My pup is still not doing to well. I thought she was getting better as she ate on Monday, but last night and this morning again nothing and I have been up with her since 3 - her tummy is making funny growling noises and I think she was sick outside. I will call the vet today and see if I can get her in today or tomorrow.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I have made myself late to work giving out the little sisters, but have finished doing so...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Good morning Sherri!

I hope your puppy feels better soon.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Sherrenae

Good 'early' morning ladies!!

I don't have the luxury of sleeping in a little today. the superintendent is counting on me to open up the units this morning. He has 3 communities and since the one I'm going to is only 1 1/2 miles from my house I said I would open them for him. He has inspections in them today.

Sherri, Ihope your puppy is on the mend.

Mel, I bet this one get better gas mileage, doesn't it? Can the payment be higher than the one you had?

Rosita. LOL!! Loved your comment!! I've always bought new ones but I keep them until they're just about worthless. LOL!!! I get my money out of them that's for sure. Of course if Ihad to do a lot of driving out of town like Mel does I'd reconsider. Although 70K is just getting broke in!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Well, time to go to work.

and FYI to all the girls...the posting from week to week that I'm keeping track of ends on Wednesday this round. You can post any (or every) day of the week, and that would be perfect.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

Sherri, funny thing is, I DID read the directions - but I must have flipped the pages from one to another, that's the only thing I can imagine. I'm having major blocks on some of the topics, I may end up literally making something up! like the bucket list. or I'll just have to substitute something else. I'm still trying to figure out what my happiest moment would be. and I'm having trouble with rachel's ice cream one....I guess I'll just have to work on the recipe ones, that should be easy!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

jci...it's raining so hard right now so it is a great day to scrap!

Katrina glad to hear your dad is doing much better.

Mel congrats on the new wheels! What kind did you get or did I miss that?

Sherri poor puppy. I hope she's better soon.

Yeah today we start with our new little sisters!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to parisdame

hi girls

sherri i hope the vet has some advice for you for the puppy..

tina really there's nothing you would like to do for the bucket list? you've never wanted to see a certain thing, meet a certain person... the items don't necessarily have to be uber realistic. i figured that would be an easy topic for everyone that's why i chose it.

hope everyone is doing well.

Edited by jackie9635 on 03-30-11 07:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Good morning ladies!

I had a great nights sleep! It is the 1st one I have had since Krysta came on the scene. I am planning on visiting her today during "visiting" hours. I am interested in how it's going.

I am super excited to get my new little sister.
My mind is already whirling with fun things to do.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• Peridotskies Said:

Katrina what a relief to hear that your dad is doing better! I'm glad to hear he has such wonderful support group around him!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Sherri I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy, I hope she starts feeling better soon! I'm sorry to say I don't know much about your pup, is she getting along in years?

Tina I'm finding it really hard to get some of the pages done also, it is like I just blank when it comes to thinking about myself-I've got DH helping me out on some of them, coming up with things I wouldn't think of under normal circumstances. But you're so creative I bet you'll come up with something perfect!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

I got my little sis! I'm soo excited to start shopping this weekend!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-30-11 07:44 AM
In response to MrsAnnieS

Good morning ladies! I am so excited that I have my little sis! Woo-hoo!

I'm off to check out her list of wants..... WHOOOO could it be?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to vawm

I have never had a brand new car, but pretty close a few times. I run them into the ground as well.

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to vawm

I am really excited to have my little sister! Let the spoiling begin!

VictoriasSS
Tenant
VictoriasSS
In response to lynnde

Just dropping by to let my little sister know I'm thinking of her.

Nikilynns_sister
New Kid On the Block
Nikilynns_sister
In response to VictoriasSS

Hello Kitty By Nikilynns_sister

Hello to my favorite little sister in the world Nikilynn! I can't believe you like Hello Kitty...I have always loved it too!! I am so excited to start shopping for you!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Megans big sister

Rebecca I finished up this layout and thought I should enter it in your challenge. All the paper is over a year old (atleast that old) and this was the first time I tried to mask a title (or anything in fact!) Kinda hard to photograph with all the rain here today.

Ready Set Crawl By Parisdame

TrishySissy
Tenant
TrishySissy
In response to parisdame

Oooohhh Trisha, I see you have dropped by. I really wanted to say hi! I am so delighted to be your big sister. I have been peaking at your profile and gallery and you are one well traveled and talented lady, so lets have a little fun.

Can you identify the building in my profile pic?

PS. Hopefully Trishy wasn't some sort of childhood nickname that casues you trauma still today. If so I will have to spend the next 3 months making it up to you (of course I will do that anyway )

Robins Big Sister
Resident
Robins Big Sister
In response to TrishySissy

Just dropping by to wave hi to my lil' sis, Nancy!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to TrishySissy

Hi girls!

I'm so excited to see all the sister's starting to check in. Better get busy on signing in for my sister too!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Cute layout Tres!

I am so behind on getting my layouts done and posted! Life with 7 kids isn't as relaxing as you might think!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Nikilynn~how are you today? I miss talking to you! I wore the surprise you sent me the other day and I just LOVED it!!!!!

Melodys-SS
New Kid On the Block
Melodys-SS

I am here to claim the best litter sister ever, our very own Melody.
I am so excited to be your big sister. I hope you are having a nice day.

jessicassister2011
New Kid On the Block
jessicassister2011
In response to Melodys-SS

1 By Jessicassister2011

Hello Jessica. Letting you know you have been claimed!!!! Get ready to be spoiled. Please make sure to update your wishlist if you haven't done so already.

Aldas Secret Sister
Tenant
Aldas Secret Sister
In response to jessicassister2011

Popping in to say hello to my little sister Alda.
Looking forward to getting to know you over the next three months.

Aldas Secret Sister
Tenant
Aldas Secret Sister
In response to Flying_Unicorn

Alda,
Get over to the SUPERSTORE and fill your wish list up. There is nothing on it at the moment. If you don't what am I going to tell the Easter bunny to bring you?

Sassy Sis 2 Suzi
Resident
Sassy Sis 2 Suzi

hello my little sis. I'm so glad you joined this swap so I can spoil you!

I hear you like fun post it notes. This picture is not me, but I'll put one of me up for you soon.

SistaforRosita
New Kid On the Block
SistaforRosita

Beautiful Rosita! Is your wishlist up to date? Let the spoiling commence!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:
Good 'early' morning ladies!!

I don't have the luxury of sleeping in a little today. the superintendent is counting on me to open up the units this morning. He has 3 communities and since the one I'm going to is only 1 1/2 miles from my house I said I would open them for him. He has inspections in them today.

Sherri, Ihope your puppy is on the mend.

Mel, I bet this one get better gas mileage, doesn't it? Can the payment be higher than the one you had?

Rosita. LOL!! Loved your comment!! I've always bought new ones but I keep them until they're just about worthless. LOL!!! I get my money out of them that's for sure. Of course if Ihad to do a lot of driving out of town like Mel does I'd reconsider. Although 70K is just getting broke in!!!!

Hey Debs - I have just been checking in on my gallery and went to say a few thankus, when I suddenly came across your grands' OTHER grandma! What a surprise when I suddenly found I was recognising Shane and Brooke and Drake in her los! I've just been peeking through her gallery!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to Fortunes Fool

[quote=Fortunes Fool][quote=kaykay1010][q uote=Fortunes Fool][quote=kaykay1010][q uote=Fortunes Fool]Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday at CKC was great! and today I'm going back! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought so much new stuff, and the classes were fun. I've more classes today and I'm so excited! I'll check back in with everyone later!
[/quote]

Did you take the class in Portland? or at another CKC?

What classes did you take?

I took a sketchabilities class, a totally awesome layouts class and the abc's of scrapbooking class. I enjoyed the layouts class but the other 2 were just OK....fortunately in the fall, they will be close to me again, so I can take a few more!
[/quote]

I took the Latest and Gretest class, Totally awesome layouts, 15 minute Pages, the CK sketches calss, and a lecture class. THe first 4 were fabulous, but the last one wasnt. Oh well. It is also safe to say that I spent way to much money. I'll have to take pictures of everyhting later today, but I'm pretty sure that it wont all fit into one photo.

Today I'm gonna have to do paperwork and fix my computor. The really sad part is that I wont be able to play with any of my new supplies until easter weekend. (sigh) Oh well.
[/quote]

I guess we will have to compare notes on the Totally awesome layouts class and see what each of us came up with.
[/quote]

Did you go to Portland, or a different CKC?
[/quote]

No, I attended one closer to me.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

The sisters are out and allocated - ooh this is an exciting time!

This is the latest engagement page I did - so for everyone who told me to scrap the photo that I posted when we got back from the US - I listened and here it is!

Engaged! By RachelUK

lynndessis
Tenant
lynndessis
In response to RachelUK

Hello little sis. I'm anxious to get to know you better. Are you ready to get spoiled? I can hardly wait to start shopping.
Do you like my avi? Have a great night!

Rachels SS
New Kid On the Block
Rachels SS
In response to lynndessis

Rachel's big sister By Rachels SS

Rachel you have been claimed.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rachels SS

Hi big sis! How did you know - I've been speaking to my mom this evening! She rang me and I did my cheery 'how are you mom' and she said 'I've been feeling very sad and low cos I didnt get any cards or anything on Mothers Day'.

Now, my friends, it is Mothers Day over here THIS Sunday!! Not last Sunday! We have a card ready to post tomorrow, and I will be ordering flowers for her as I always do - I couldnt help but laugh - shes so dozy!!

My big sis has got her down to a T with this pic! (unless she was thinking that it looks like me)!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to Rachels SS

Oh Im so excited! Everyone's getting claimed! It's the most fun time! I see I have been claimed to! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! Hello Big Sis! I can't wait to try figuring out who you are! LOL Im pretty sure your secret is safe though, cause I absolutely SUCK at figuring it out! LOL Besides, I like the element of surprise, so perhaps I suck cause I don't try very hard.

Rachel, that is one of my very favorite layouts of yours! I reall love the design and those 3-d red letters are so cool!

Tres, My new car is a Chevrolet Traverse. it's not BRAND new (it's a 2009) but it only has about 30K miles on it but the carpet, seats, EVERYTHING looks brand new. The tires I think are brand new, which is awesome and there is only one tiny little place on the body and that will be gone on Friday, when I take it back tot he dealership for the detail job and for them to fix that one little place. Girl this car is soo cool. it has a 'back-up' camera (there's a screen that pops up on the rearview mirror when I put it in reverse, so when I'm backing up I can see if anything is back there and if I get close to hitting something, it starts beeping and lights flashing. lol It also has OnStar, which is soo flipping cool! And believe it or not the car has a phone number! So if someone wants to call me and cant get me on my cell because I have no signal or something, they just call my car's phone number and we talk thru sattellite phone! How cool is THAT? Ok, enough gushing! If you want to see a photo of my car, here is a link to my fb page:
http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=6147172660&st ...

Sis2Shana
Resident
Sis2Shana

JCI to say a little hump day hi to the sweetest sis in the world - yes, that'd be Deb to me and you!

Can't wait to start spoiling you with some scrappy treasures!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Mel, that car does sound awesome. so many bells and whistles.

Rachel, yep, that's Oma. Brigitte's mom. She does digital scrapping. I'll have to go check out her gallery.

Girls, I didn't put the quote of the day up yet. Better get on that.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Sis2Shana

• Sis2Deb Said:
JCI to say a little hump day hi to the sweetest sis in the world - yes, that'd be Deb to me and you!

Can't wait to start spoiling you with some scrappy treasures!

heeheeheeheehee!!! HI SIS!!!!! LOVE the Minnie!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Quote for the day:

When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.

-Chinese proverb

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Aldas Secret Sister

• Aldas Secret Sister Said:
Alda,
Get over to the SUPERSTORE and fill your wish list up. There is nothing on it at the moment. If you don't what am I going to tell the Easter bunny to bring you?

Thank you big sis for being out there... Typical little sis .. just not following the rules .... lol ... I promise to work on the wish list ..

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Flying_Unicorn

Melody
I have Onstar(and a phone) for the first time too.
I've only used the Onstar twice in 9 months, but once to have them unlock my car doors(since I locked my keys inside)- how cool is that?? and once cuz I was lost. Gotta love it!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I've been claimed!

Flamingo Annie
New Kid On the Block
Flamingo Annie
In response to tinadn

Hello MrsAnnie! How are you this evening?

I've been checking out your wishlist, and have a few other questions for you:

*what's your favorite color?
*would you call yourself a paper girl, an embellishment girl, or a technique girl?
*Who are your 3 fave scrapbooking manufacturers?

and lastly...a tornado is racing towards your house and you can only grab a small box of scrapbook supplies (let's ignore luxuries, like clothes, etc lol) - what do you grab?

Edited by Flamingo Annie on 03-30-11 03:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to tinadn

I got a new car in November and it has on-star and the phone. I can also use my cell over it using bluetooth. This is the favorite thing about my car.

I also have an android cell phone and on-star has a pretty cool free app. My phone can tell me how much gas I have left and various diagnostic, I think it can start and unlock my car to - but I haven't tried it.

Not sure if I will keep the on-star after the free period is up though.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• youvegotmel Said:
Oh Im so excited! Everyone's getting claimed! It's the most fun time! I see I have been claimed to! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! Hello Big Sis! I can't wait to try figuring out who you are! LOL Im pretty sure your secret is safe though, cause I absolutely SUCK at figuring it out! LOL Besides, I like the element of surprise, so perhaps I suck cause I don't try very hard.

Rachel, that is one of my very favorite layouts of yours! I reall love the design and those 3-d red letters are so cool!

Tres, My new car is a Chevrolet Traverse. it's not BRAND new (it's a 2009) but it only has about 30K miles on it but the carpet, seats, EVERYTHING looks brand new. The tires I think are brand new, which is awesome and there is only one tiny little place on the body and that will be gone on Friday, when I take it back tot he dealership for the detail job and for them to fix that one little place. Girl this car is soo cool. it has a 'back-up' camera (there's a screen that pops up on the rearview mirror when I put it in reverse, so when I'm backing up I can see if anything is back there and if I get close to hitting something, it starts beeping and lights flashing. lol It also has OnStar, which is soo flipping cool! And believe it or not the car has a phone number! So if someone wants to call me and cant get me on my cell because I have no signal or something, they just call my car's phone number and we talk thru sattellite phone! How cool is THAT? Ok, enough gushing! If you want to see a photo of my car, here is a link to my fb page:
http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=6147172660&st ...

That is the car I have been wanting. I drove a rental one when we went from the airport to the port on the cruise over Thanksgiving. LOVE THEM!

Amys spoiler
New Kid On the Block
Amys spoiler

Hi, Amy. Just stopping in to say YOU'VE BEEN CLAIMED!! I hope I can fulfill all your desires, well, okay, some of them anyway. Is there anything not on your wishlist that you really HAVE to have? Heres to a great 3 months.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Flamingo Annie

• Flamingo Annie Said:
Hello MrsAnnie! How are you this evening?

I've been checking out your wishlist, and have a few other questions for you:

*what's your favorite color?
*would you call yourself a paper girl, an embellishment girl, or a technique girl?
*Who are your 3 fave scrapbooking manufacturers?

and lastly...a tornado is racing towards your house and you can only grab a small box of scrapbook supplies (let's ignore luxuries, like clothes, etc lol) - what do you grab?

Hello big sis! Your avi is just perfect of course!

I don't have a set favorite color, I'm drawn to all things jewel toned-think peacock feathers!
Definitely a paper girl-my hubby calls me a paper lush
My three favorite manufacturers it is hard to pick three, but the ones I have the most of...Tim Holtz, Graphic 45 and Prima

If I had to choose what to grab, I'd do a two handed grab, my clip it up in one hand and my drawer of absolute favorite papers in the other!

You have me so intrigued, I can't wait to try and puzzle you out! I hope you have a wonderful evening!!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

I just love seeing all the little sisters getting snapped up!

Mel your new car sounds wonderful, have fun with your new toy!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Sherri I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy, I hope she starts feeling better soon! I'm sorry to say I don't know much about your pup, is she getting along in years?

Tina I'm finding it really hard to get some of the pages done also, it is like I just blank when it comes to thinking about myself-I've got DH helping me out on some of them, coming up with things I wouldn't think of under normal circumstances. But you're so creative I bet you'll come up with something perfect!

Hi Annie - My pup is a youngster not quite 3 years. I took her to the vet where she made a liar out of me. I told the vet she hadn't been eating and at one point in the exam he asked her if she wanted a treat she went crazy and ate 4. He gave her an antibiotic to take thinking it might just be something she 'got into' and if she isn't better in a couple of days we will look into other possibilites. Hopefully this is all it is. Thanks for asking.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Sherrenae

Sherri - did you tell the vet about taping her b*tt? lol maybe she's on the mend then, hopefully. isn't it annoying though, it's like making a doctor's appt cause your sick, and when you get there, you don't show any symptoms!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Woo Hoo! 60% of the sisters have been claimed in the first 12 hours.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to SistaforRosita

• SistaforRosita Said:
Beautiful Rosita! Is your wishlist up to date? Let the spoiling commence!

I'm pretty sure it is...but will make doubly sure tonight.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Rosita

Rosita...answer your phone!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Melody...that car sounds fantastic! Congrats!

SSparisdame
New Kid On the Block
SSparisdame

Tres!!! you have been claimed little sister!

megans_bigsis
Tenant
megans_bigsis

Hello to my Lil' Sis Tracy! I can't wait to shop for you! Is there anything you're dying to have off your wishlist? Are there any special projects you are working?

SSforSherri
Tenant
SSforSherri
In response to megans_bigsis

Sherri I am here to claim you! I hope you are ready to be spoiled and I'd like for you to just go and do some wishin so I can do some buyin just for you.

I see the vet didn't think it was serious with your puppy. That is great to hear.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to megans_bigsis

I have been so busy this week and hardly been able to read up, but am caught up tonight. I dont hasve time to comment on everything, but I have read everything.

Katrina I am glad your Dad is doing better too.

I am keeping a close eye on my sweetie and wont let him drive thus take off by himself yet. I have to be on the road by 6am to get him to a dr appt in the city. This isnt his cardiologist, its another one.

I have something to ask and get your discussion on. I'm not sure quite how to say it, so I will just say it. First and foremost I am not putting anyone down, it is just something I have chose not to do. I received a package from a swap today and it reek of cigarette smoke. Has anyone else received anything like this too? I have received items from someone that smokes, but never did it smell so strongly. Is it wrong to request items to not smell like smoke? Again I am not saying anything to be mean so please dont take it that way.

SweetPinksSS
Resident
SweetPinksSS
In response to Sassy Suzi

My SWEEET SWEET PINK You are now claimed for this new round. I look forward togetting to know you and spoiling you.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to SweetPinksSS

Everyone is being claimed - how exciting. I was claimed tonight at church with my first package.

SweetPinksSS
Resident
SweetPinksSS

Suzi maybe you will be claimed on here real soon too.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Thank you SweetPinksSS. I am sure I will be.
How are you tonight?

SweetPinksSS
Resident
SweetPinksSS

I am very happy I have my little sister and I have been claimed too.

I thought I may catch Sweet Pink tonight on here so I could chat with her.

SweetPinksSS
Resident
SweetPinksSS

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Sherri I'm so glad your puppy is doing better! I hope the antibiotics work for her! Being a big dog person, it just breaks my heart to hear about sick puppies, I about had a stroke when one of my girls had a seizure!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

How fun to watch the claiming start!
It brings such joy to every heart.

The game here is to spoil a sis
And keep her guessing.. "who is this?"

And all the avi's are oh so fun
and clever, each and every one!

Oh Sisters, do enjoy this round!
With the best sisters ever found!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Rebecca I love the poem!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Suzi, that's a tough call on the smoke smell...my initial reaction was no it isn't too much to ask, some people are sensitive to smoke and it would seem like common courtesy to at least try and de-smoke anything prior to sending it off. However, I have a friend who smokes and she can never tell if she smells smokey or not because she is just so used to the smell-and it could have been something similar with this swap..so I just don't know, i've kind of talked myself around in a circle. Sorry I couldn't really give any real insight!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Rebecca another fabulous poem!

My page for the challenge is done, but my camera is dead...so it is charging and I will hopefully have it uploaded by the deadline tomorrow!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Ok..now I'm off to bed, I hope all you fabulous ladies have a great night!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to MrsAnnieS

hi girls

i see the sisters are out in full force tonight!

rachel love the new page

sherri i hope your puppy feels better. whats his/her name?

suzi hmm tough call. im really sensitive to smoke too bad allergies and bad asthma. maybe if you asked nicely and just mentioned it to the hostess?

rebecca loving the poem

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

well i don't remember if i mentioned this. but i must be crazy. i volunteered and even gave my friend the idea that i make the placecards for her wedding. i went to archivers today and am mailing her some swatches of colors to chose from. once she chooses ill make a few variations and let her pick what she likes. wish me luck. but i have till end of september to get it done so plenty of time...

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Thanks Annie & Jackie. I guess I am thinking for future swaps. You know on the bay the seller always puts on their page it comes from a smoke free home, I totally understand now why they do that.

On another note, when Bug's little brother comes to spend the night and go to church with us, we have to wash his clothes over as soon as he gets here. DH has COPD and he is really the sensitive one. One thing I can say about their Mom is that she never smoked in the house nor car.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I guess I need to get to bed, early morning facing me. Everyone have a Terrific Thursday, just think its the day before Friday.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Suzi, I would not want something that smelled of smoke even when I did smoke. I didn't smoke in my house because I know how things can reek of it.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-30-11 09:07 PM

NIght-night ladies! I am so excited about this group! I love a surprise! I can bet I don't figure out who my big sis is! I don't try cause I like the fun of it! Tee-hee. Have a great evening everyone!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• jackie9635 Said:
well i don't remember if i mentioned this. but i must be crazy. i volunteered and even gave my friend the idea that i make the placecards for her wedding. i went to archivers today and am mailing her some swatches of colors to chose from. once she chooses ill make a few variations and let her pick what she likes. wish me luck. but i have till end of september to get it done so plenty of time...

Would you like to have a trial run doing mine first - I'd need them for mid July...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics