Username Post: SECRET SISTERS (APRIL-JUNE) ~CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND        (Topic#1554799)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to vawm

I would be upset if stuff came to my house reeking of smoke - you can always put it outside in a shed or something for a day or two before you send it, can't you, or would it still smell?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I love seeing everyone get their sisters too!

I was just in bed last night and one of Josh's friends rang me - it was about 11.45. His girlfriend had thrown him out of the house and he had nowhere to go. So I upped and put my jeans and jumper on over my pjs and picked him up and brought him home - the little lost sheep!

Its nice when people feel they can ask you though, isnt it? I like to think God gave us a beautiful home so that we can share it, and thats exactly what we're doing!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

Suzi - I wouldn't want to receive anything that smelled like smoke, and I think that's totally fair. I have received some atcs that smelled like smoke in some swaps I hosted, but luckily it was very light, not super strong.Still, I wasn't thrilled about it, but didn't want to deal with it.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

Jackie - so far, no. I had actually been thinking about a bucket list, and my lack of items, even before we started the circle journal. It's related to my depression. There are things I enjoy, but nothing stands out that I would regret not doing when I died. don't wanna have kids, buy a house, and don't really care if I travel or not. I have no interest in meeting any famous people or celebrities. I thought about "paying off student loans", but then again, figured if I was dying, I wouldn't actually care, lol.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Morning! Man, I've had a crazy busy week. I've had a big project at work and something going on every evening. Looking forward to tomorrow for the sole reason I can come home from work and do nothing finally.

I'm caught up but don't have time to comment on everything. Suzi and Katrina I'm glad everyone is doing better.

As for swap items smelling like smoke, I agree with the others that it's not too much to ask that they try to air them out before they send. I'm very sensitive to smoke. There used to be a woman on here I swapped with quite a bit and she would put a little pc of a dryer sheet in with her items and it made a world of difference, and of course I highly respected her for that decision.

I'm so excited to have my lil sis and will start shopping soon I've also been claimed

Ok it's off to work for this girl...have a great day everyone!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to scrappindmbfan

Good morning Nancy! Have a great day at work.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

speaking of work, it's past time for me to sign in to the work computer. :P

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
I have been so busy this week and hardly been able to read up, but am caught up tonight. I dont hasve time to comment on everything, but I have read everything.

Katrina I am glad your Dad is doing better too.

I am keeping a close eye on my sweetie and wont let him drive thus take off by himself yet. I have to be on the road by 6am to get him to a dr appt in the city. This isnt his cardiologist, its another one.

I have something to ask and get your discussion on. I'm not sure quite how to say it, so I will just say it. First and foremost I am not putting anyone down, it is just something I have chose not to do. I received a package from a swap today and it reek of cigarette smoke. Has anyone else received anything like this too? I have received items from someone that smokes, but never did it smell so strongly. Is it wrong to request items to not smell like smoke? Again I am not saying anything to be mean so please dont take it that way.

I would explain that someone in my house has severe allergies and you need to swap with people who have items that have not been exposed to cigarettes.

I have gotten some items before and have gagged when I opened the package.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to scrapbrarian

• scrapbrarian Said:
How fun to watch the claiming start!
It brings such joy to every heart.

The game here is to spoil a sis
And keep her guessing.. "who is this?"

And all the avi's are oh so fun
and clever, each and every one!

Oh Sisters, do enjoy this round!
With the best sisters ever found!

I LOVE your poems Rebecca! THANK YOU!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
Rosita...answer your phone!

Sorry, my phone's been on silent since I left for church yesterday...

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:
well i don't remember if i mentioned this. but i must be crazy. i volunteered and even gave my friend the idea that i make the placecards for her wedding. i went to archivers today and am mailing her some swatches of colors to chose from. once she chooses ill make a few variations and let her pick what she likes. wish me luck. but i have till end of september to get it done so plenty of time...

Would you like to have a trial run doing mine first - I'd need them for mid July...

Ummm...aren't we doing these for you at the retreat in May? I'm hoping you bring lots for us to do so we can accomplish something together besides buying out the stores and disturbing the peace.

Rachels SS
New Kid On the Block
Rachels SS
In response to Rosita

good day my fair lady!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to SSforSherri

• SSforSherri Said:
Sherri I am here to claim you! I hope you are ready to be spoiled and I'd like for you to just go and do some wishin so I can do some buyin just for you.

I see the vet didn't think it was serious with your puppy. That is great to hear.

Hello sis, I am very happy to meet you and I love the avi.

Journey is doing better too so this relieves my mind a bit.

Wishing you a lovely Thursday sister dear.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Sherrenae

My mental conversation with myself regarding smoking matched Annies it seems. I do think making the request up front as has been suggested is the way to go.

lynndessis
Tenant
lynndessis
In response to Sherrenae

Good morning lil sis. Just wanted to pop in quick and tell you to have a great day.

Melodys-SS
New Kid On the Block
Melodys-SS
In response to lynndessis

Stopping by to wish my little sister a good day. May the sun shine on you today.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to megans_bigsis

Good morning!! And good morning to my big sister!! I'm so excited to get to start another round. I love the avi that you chose for me. It makes me want to go racin!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Melodys-SS

MorninG ladies,

Sherri, Journey? What a fun name for a pup! Love it!

Had a bad batch of qdobas last night, am trying really hard to stay at work, so I might disappear for a day or two depending what's going on-I hear a couch calling my name! So I hope you ladies have a great day, hope to see you all sooner rather than later!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:
well i don't remember if i mentioned this. but i must be crazy. i volunteered and even gave my friend the idea that i make the placecards for her wedding. i went to archivers today and am mailing her some swatches of colors to chose from. once she chooses ill make a few variations and let her pick what she likes. wish me luck. but i have till end of september to get it done so plenty of time...

Would you like to have a trial run doing mine first - I'd need them for mid July...

Ummm...aren't we doing these for you at the retreat in May? I'm hoping you bring lots for us to do so we can accomplish something together besides buying out the stores and disturbing the peace.

hhmmmm I don't remember that. guess I should pay more attention to the thread, I just can't keep track of it all.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Almost forgot-Rachels SS I love your avi!

And good morning Danelle!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to MrsAnnieS

What talent we have here with a poet:)
Love it!

Edited by tinadn on 03-31-11 05:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-31-11 05:31 AM
In response to Nikilynns_sister

• Nikilynns_sister Said:

Hello Kitty By Nikilynns_sister

Hello to my favorite little sister in the world Nikilynn! I can't believe you like Hello Kitty...I have always loved it too!! I am so excited to start shopping for you!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

I've been claimed And I'm SO excited!!!!! I am loven' the Pink Hello Kitty... Perfect for me!!!! I thank you for that!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-31-11 05:31 AM
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
What talent we have here with a poet:)
Love it!

Rebecca is the B*E*S*T!!!!!!!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I love seeing everyone get their sisters too!

I was just in bed last night and one of Josh's friends rang me - it was about 11.45. His girlfriend had thrown him out of the house and he had nowhere to go. So I upped and put my jeans and jumper on over my pjs and picked him up and brought him home - the little lost sheep!

Its nice when people feel they can ask you though, isnt it? I like to think God gave us a beautiful home so that we can share it, and thats exactly what we're doing!

That's such a wonderful attitude to have Rachel!! About the smoke, if it's a porous item I think the smoke is in there permanantly.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
How fun to watch the claiming start!
It brings such joy to every heart.

The game here is to spoil a sis
And keep her guessing.. "who is this?"

And all the avi's are oh so fun
and clever, each and every one!

Oh Sisters, do enjoy this round!
With the best sisters ever found!

I LOVE your poems Rebecca! THANK YOU!

How did I miss this???? Our rhyming Rebecca is back!! Oh happy day!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Good morning Nikilynn! I was starting to worry about you. When you're not here for a few days it's usually bad news.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

On the smoke, the dryer sheet sounds like a good idea. I never would have thought of that. Or a sachet of some sort.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:

hahaha

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to jackie9635

Good morning girls

Rachel that’s so nice to pick up josh’s friend. Im sure he appreciated it more than anything

Tina – oo well you could always do something else if it comes down to it. Your page will be unique in my book then. You can do whatever you feel comfortable with and just a side note I actually laughed out loud about the student loans. Bc my friend and I joke about faking our deaths so we don’t have to pay them anymore lol

Sherri glad journey is feeling better. Btw I love that name

Annie I hope you feel better

Not feeling too well today. I caught a cold. Ugh. Hopefully I feel a bit better later today because it’s the last day of dance class so we’re having a party with the beginner class too. We’re taking in food and punch. Everyone is supposed to bring a dish so it will be fun I think. Then im watching a movie with angie and my little brother after I think if I can stay up for it.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-31-11 06:19 AM

Good morning ladies! Just stopping by quickly. I have my tea, now on to do some work!

Mayor
  • 888 on 03-31-11 06:19 AM

Good Morning Miss Doodles,,,,, NO bad news... Just been busy!!!! How are you toots?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to TrishySissy

• TrishySissy Said:
Oooohhh Trisha, I see you have dropped by. I really wanted to say hi! I am so delighted to be your big sister. I have been peaking at your profile and gallery and you are one well traveled and talented lady, so lets have a little fun.

Can you identify the building in my profile pic?

PS. Hopefully Trishy wasn't some sort of childhood nickname that casues you trauma still today. If so I will have to spend the next 3 months making it up to you (of course I will do that anyway )

Lol! Your avitar is Bran Castle in Transylvania also known as "Dracula's Castle".

Very happy to hear from you
No, trama associated with the name "trishy" so tease away

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to 888

There you are!! I'm glad you are okay!!!

Trisha, of course you knew that, you architect you!

kellysecretsis
New Kid On the Block
kellysecretsis

Well hello Kelly! I can't wait to spoil you rotten! Better get that wishlist up to date because I am ready to shop.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to kellysecretsis

Jackie - I realized earlier this year that I had actually finished paying off my undergrad amounts, but hadn't realized it because I had consolidated all my loans. I was psyched! even chipped away at some of the grad loans, so I am actually seeing progress!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hello fab friends! Just popping in quick from work I NEED to get a lot done on my to do list today! I am taking tomorrow off and not working either day this weekend because I am hosting a crop at my house Friday-Sunday. There will be 6 of us. I am really looking forward to my scrapping time and hope to make some real progress on my cj pages!

Thnaks for all of your sweet comments on my poem. I promise to post more throughout the swap, you all inspire me.

Love to you all!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Rebecca, that sounds like a perfect way to spend a weekend!!! Have fun!! Like i have to tell you that. LOL!!

I want to say Hello to my new Big Sis!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Quote for the day:

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.

-William James

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
Cute layout Tres!

I am so behind on getting my layouts done and posted! Life with 7 kids isn't as relaxing as you might think!

Thanks for the comment on my layout.

I don't know how you do it...I'm swamped with two little ones let alone seven!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to youvegotmel

• youvegotmel Said:
Oh Im so excited! Everyone's getting claimed! It's the most fun time! I see I have been claimed to! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! Hello Big Sis! I can't wait to try figuring out who you are! LOL Im pretty sure your secret is safe though, cause I absolutely SUCK at figuring it out! LOL Besides, I like the element of surprise, so perhaps I suck cause I don't try very hard.

Rachel, that is one of my very favorite layouts of yours! I reall love the design and those 3-d red letters are so cool!

Tres, My new car is a Chevrolet Traverse. it's not BRAND new (it's a 2009) but it only has about 30K miles on it but the carpet, seats, EVERYTHING looks brand new. The tires I think are brand new, which is awesome and there is only one tiny little place on the body and that will be gone on Friday, when I take it back tot he dealership for the detail job and for them to fix that one little place. Girl this car is soo cool. it has a 'back-up' camera (there's a screen that pops up on the rearview mirror when I put it in reverse, so when I'm backing up I can see if anything is back there and if I get close to hitting something, it starts beeping and lights flashing. lol It also has OnStar, which is soo flipping cool! And believe it or not the car has a phone number! So if someone wants to call me and cant get me on my cell because I have no signal or something, they just call my car's phone number and we talk thru sattellite phone! How cool is THAT? Ok, enough gushing! If you want to see a photo of my car, here is a link to my fb page:
http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=6147172660&st ...

Sweet ride!!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to SSparisdame

• SSparisdame Said:
Tres!!! you have been claimed little sister!

Yeah!!!!! Love the avi btw!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Suzette that would be so annoying to get smoke smelling stuff. It's hard to get the smell out.

Rebecca have lots of fun at your home crop this weekend!

Rachel great layout...left some love

Mel when does Dana start radiation again? How is she doing these days?

Deb great quote for the day.

Love all the new sister avatars So much fun.

Well ladies I'm off to get some work done.

SSforSherri
Tenant
SSforSherri
In response to parisdame

Sherri? Oh Sherri? Are you having a good day? It is almost Friday. So here is hoping that your Thursday is wonderful to lead into an even better tomorrow.

TrishySissy
Tenant
TrishySissy
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:
  • TrishySissy Said:
Oooohhh Trisha, I see you have dropped by. I really wanted to say hi! I am so delighted to be your big sister. I have been peaking at your profile and gallery and you are one well traveled and talented lady, so lets have a little fun.

Can you identify the building in my profile pic?

PS. Hopefully Trishy wasn't some sort of childhood nickname that casues you trauma still today. If so I will have to spend the next 3 months making it up to you (of course I will do that anyway )

Lol! Your avitar is Bran Castle in Transylvania also known as "Dracula's Castle".

Very happy to hear from you
No, trama associated with the name "trishy" so tease away

I figured that would be an easy one for you - I will try to make the next one a bit harder :).

I was so excited to get you as a sister I went shopping immediately. Your April package has been ordered so hopefully you will have it in your hands next week.

Sassy Sis 2 Suzi
Resident
Sassy Sis 2 Suzi
In response to SistaforRosita

HI Little Sis. I hope you're having a good day.

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug
In response to lynnde

oooh poo!!!!

missed sign ups for this round

thats what i get for taking a coupe days off the comp.

anyways have fun ladies, and i'll check in from time to time.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to lydbug

rebecca have fun at your crop. it sounds like a lot of fun!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Tina scraps Said:
Jackie - so far, no. I had actually been thinking about a bucket list, and my lack of items, even before we started the circle journal. It's related to my depression. There are things I enjoy, but nothing stands out that I would regret not doing when I died. don't wanna have kids, buy a house, and don't really care if I travel or not. I have no interest in meeting any famous people or celebrities. I thought about "paying off student loans", but then again, figured if I was dying, I wouldn't actually care, lol.

What about an everyday bucket list....is there something you wish you knew how to cook? a job you would love to try, just once? A flower you would like to see bloom, or a color you think you would like to try on in the way of clothes or paint or hair color? A technique you always wondered about in scrapbooking? A pet you would like for just a day? (Mine is a jaguar) Hope that helps

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to kaykay1010

here's a very short, less than a min video that had me laughing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1e0skfJts

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Deb-doodle Said:
On the smoke, the dryer sheet sounds like a good idea. I never would have thought of that. Or a sachet of some sort.

I have been in swaps with smokers, and now do not swap because of it. You can put in a dryer sheet and it does help, but if it is anything that will be boxed up, or pages in a cover, they will always retain some of the smoky smell, that has been my experince.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• kellysecretsis Said:
Well hello Kelly! I can't wait to spoil you rotten! Better get that wishlist up to date because I am ready to shop.

Yeah! I have been claimed.

My wishlist is never a problem....I have WAY too much stuff on it! It takes forever to load!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

thank heavens it's almost time to go home. I'm getting more cranky by the minute. annoyed at stupid IT people who don't actually hear what I say about the stinking online calendar and why should they care cause we're getting a new one soon so they're not gonna fix it. then a coworker annoyed me in a meeting - this is the newest addition to our staff, that I didn't want to hire anyway but our first choice turned us down. then another coworker annoyed me. then an appt stood me up and annoyed me.

BUT the good news is, my coworker finally delivered my girl scout cookies today!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Tina hope u have a better day relaxing and enjoying the cookies. I love gs cookies.

Edited by jackie9635 on 03-31-11 12:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:

Well I was sorta hoping you guys would help me out with the wedding invites - I don't want to put on you too much! I think I should probably make an effort to do the place names myself!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rachels SS

• Rachels SS Said:
good day my fair lady!

Hi Big Sis - totally excited at the thought of getting to know you, getting to know more about you!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
MorninG ladies,

Sherri, Journey? What a fun name for a pup! Love it!

Had a bad batch of qdobas last night, am trying really hard to stay at work, so I might disappear for a day or two depending what's going on-I hear a couch calling my name! So I hope you ladies have a great day, hope to see you all sooner rather than later!

Just had to look up qdoba!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Rosita Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:

hhmmmm I don't remember that. guess I should pay more attention to the thread, I just can't keep track of it all.

No, you are quite right Tina. There was a sweet offer to give me a hand with invites, but no one should feel obliged to do anything, and I would hate it if they did. x

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:
Cute layout Tres!

I am so behind on getting my layouts done and posted! Life with 7 kids isn't as relaxing as you might think!

Thanks for the comment on my layout.

I don't know how you do it...I'm swamped with two little ones let alone seven!

Pink stopped counting after two - now shes just waiting until she runs out of fingers!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to lydbug

• lydbug Said:
oooh poo!!!!

Lydia - I think you'll find that you still owe Katrina a package from the last round - so you can still feel part of this one if you bring her up to date!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
here's a very short, less than a min video that had me laughing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1e0skfJts

I've seen it before and its great - esp the old lady laughing away afterwards!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

I have been in swaps with smokers, and now do not swap because of it. You can put in a dryer sheet and it does help, but if it is anything that will be boxed up, or pages in a cover, they will always retain some of the smoky smell, that has been my experince.

So how can you be sure that your secret sis on here is not a smoker?! Though no one ever said they were, as far as I recall.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
thank heavens it's almost time to go home. I'm getting more cranky by the minute. annoyed at stupid IT people who don't actually hear what I say about the stinking online calendar and why should they care cause we're getting a new one soon so they're not gonna fix it. then a coworker annoyed me in a meeting - this is the newest addition to our staff, that I didn't want to hire anyway but our first choice turned us down. then another coworker annoyed me. then an appt stood me up and annoyed me.

BUT the good news is, my coworker finally delivered my girl scout cookies today!

I think its one of those things that keep the world turning - IT people are obliged to p!$$ you off and annoy the pants off you - otherwise chaos ensues. Our IT people have decided to change the printers that everyone in the hospital uses. So the plan (ultimately) is to use super printers, and probably smart cards so your printing waits until you put your card in and out it all comes. So far, so good.

However, IT people being as they are, their thought processes do not work normally but follow their own incomprehensible circuit boards, which means that as far as printers are concerned, they thought the best way was to remove at least half the printers in the hospital. Period. (or full stop, if you're English). People all over the hospital are reporting stolen printers, because there was no communication about it. Or at least, they sent something out to a group email, but not one that anyone uses ('did not compute' I think).

So secretaries are coming back to their offices and noticing a big gap on the desk where the printers used to be! Sometimes all the cartridges have also gone. There is no plan with what will happen to the printers - nope - they are just going to sit and gather dust. I have never heard anything so ridiculous!

Personally I have a cunning plan. My room has a lock with a key, which is pretty unusual in itself - most of the doors have swipe cards. Tomorrow I am going to move my printer to right under my desk - it will be invisible from the door - and I am keeping my door locked if I am out and about at meetings. I hope I have become small-minded enough for this plan to work!!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I feel better for getting that off my chest!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to RachelUK

Here is my entry for the challenge. The ugly brown dotted paper and the light blue papers are old. The technique that I dont do but am trying is using the distress inks besides just the edges and using the two colors together. I am also trying to add more stuff to my layouts. the pic is old too - lol. It is Bug with her new coat Christmas 2009.

March 2011 Ugly Layout By Sassy Suzi

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Off to work on CJs.

Where is my Big Sister, I am so excited to meet you.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Suzi - I just left you some love - I guessed it must be Bug!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to RachelUK

It is her, and thank you.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to parisdame

Love the poem Rebecca.. you are always so good at that.. every single one of them is a joy!!

Annie.. hope you feel better soon.. same with you Jackie.

How is Journey today Sherri? Poor thing.. hate seeing anyone sick, but it's especially hard when it is your babies.. even your fur-babies

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

What about an everyday bucket list....is there something you wish you knew how to cook? a job you would love to try, just once? A flower you would like to see bloom, or a color you think you would like to try on in the way of clothes or paint or hair color? A technique you always wondered about in scrapbooking? A pet you would like for just a day? (Mine is a jaguar) Hope that helps

OoOo Kelly you are thinking! I love this idea!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

Or a coworker you'd like to give a piece of your mind to. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

Rosita, that's hilarious!!!!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

I think its one of those things that keep the world turning - IT people are obliged to p!$$ you off and annoy the pants off you This is true, when I worked in IT for 6 months this was the first thing that I was taught - otherwise chaos ensues. Our IT people have decided to change the printers that everyone in the hospital uses. So the plan (ultimately) is to use super printers, and probably smart cards so your printing waits until you put your card in and out it all comes. So far, so good.

However, IT people being as they are, their thought processes do not work normally but follow their own incomprehensible circuit boards, which means that as far as printers are concerned, they thought the best way was to remove at least half the printers in the hospital. Period. (or full stop, if you're English). People all over the hospital are reporting stolen printers, because there was no communication about it. Or at least, they sent something out to a group email, but not one that anyone uses ('did not compute' I think).

So secretaries are coming back to their offices and noticing a big gap on the desk where the printers used to be! Sometimes all the cartridges have also gone. There is no plan with what will happen to the printers - nope - they are just going to sit and gather dust. I have never heard anything so ridiculous!

Personally I have a cunning plan. My room has a lock with a key, which is pretty unusual in itself - most of the doors have swipe cards. Tomorrow I am going to move my printer to right under my desk - it will be invisible from the door - and I am keeping my door locked if I am out and about at meetings. I hope I have become small-minded enough for this plan to work!!!!

Sis2Shana
Resident
Sis2Shana
In response to Sherrenae

I like Kelly's bucket list ideas too - lots of inspiration there which I might use for a lo or two!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Sherrenae

• Sherrenae Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

I think its one of those things that keep the world turning - IT people are obliged to p!$$ you off and annoy the pants off you This is true, when I worked in IT for 6 months this was the first thing that I was taught - otherwise chaos ensues. Our IT people have decided to change the printers that everyone in the hospital uses. So the plan (ultimately) is to use super printers, and probably smart cards so your printing waits until you put your card in and out it all comes. So far, so good.

I might-a knowed it!

Edited by RachelUK on 03-31-11 02:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to RachelUK

I am struggling so bad tonight.. I should be studying for the test I have to take Saturday and I can't make myself get out of this chair. I will regret that I know. But I have to share, that this is the third time I've taken this test for NO reason.. in order to move beyond taking the test you need to be appointed to the position. The position is open in our office and has been for some time... and we have two qualified people for the position and the boss just won't fill it.. and to be honest there are TWO positions open. WTH??? So.... here I go again, studying for things I don't even use in the office to pass a test that I will get to take again in 2 years. Sighs...

Politics.. gotta love em??!!??!!??!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

Kelly great new avi and I love your list! Cool ideas

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sassy Sis 2 Suzi

• Big Sis to Tinadn Said:
HI Little Sis. I hope you're having a good day.

Thanks! I am and I love the avi btw!

Melodys-SS
New Kid On the Block
Melodys-SS
In response to tinadn

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Rosita Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
  • jackie9635 Said:

Well I was sorta hoping you guys would help me out with the wedding invites - I don't want to put on you too much! I think I should probably make an effort to do the place names myself!

Why don't you just bring them along for when we want to sit and chat yet do something with our hands but don't want to have to think about how to do something...

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • lydbug Said:
oooh poo!!!!

Lydia - I think you'll find that you still owe Katrina a package from the last round - so you can still feel part of this one if you bring her up to date!

ya...

her package was sent 2 weeks ago, and it got returned to me...
sent it out again yest and so she should have it any day now.

VictoriasSS
Tenant
VictoriasSS
In response to lydbug

I hope you have a good night sweet sis. Here's a picture of the setting sun to send you to dream land:

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • kaykay1010 Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

So how can you be sure that your secret sis on here is not a smoker?! Though no one ever said they were, as far as I recall.

I guess I just assumed that most people would send directly from a website. I have not had an issue, but I do think the smell is worse in something handmade, with the paper and glue etc....are you trying to get me to not participate? You know, I might be your big sister, so you better watch it girlie! Your comments can't keep me from spending money.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to Rosita

[quote=Rosita][quote=Rach elUK][quote=Rosita][quote =RachelUK][quote=jackie96 35]well i don't remember if i mentioned this. but i must be crazy. i volunteered and even gave my friend the idea that i make the placecards for her wedding. i went to archivers today and am mailing her some swatches of colors to chose from. once she chooses ill make a few variations and let her pick what she likes. wish me luck. but i have till end of september to get it done so plenty of time...
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Why don't you just bring them along for when we want to sit and chat yet do something with our hands but don't want to have to think about how to do something...
[/quote]

Great idea

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Tina scraps Said:

Go on, eat a whole box. You have my permission, you deserve it, stupid IT people.

Rachels SS
New Kid On the Block
Rachels SS

My baby sis, I rang, thought I would stop by and say cheers and have some earl gray tea at the manor
and shopping Milton Keynes. 88 days around the world I go, leaving clues every place I go. Accross the pond I may not be - you will have to figure it all out and see!
Waddesdon Manor By Rachels SS

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

Glad to see your entry for my challenge, Suzi!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

Funny, funny video Rosita. Hubby was laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall over!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

So who's still working on a lo for my challenge? Deadline is midnight tonight!!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to 888

Hi Rebecca - here is one from me for your challenge.

The flowers centers and the leaf punch I have had for a couple years. The techniques are making my own flowers which I rarely do and the title which I did using 'Mudd Puddles' which is a new product for me and a bit trickly to get the hang of but fun to play with.

Ruger By Sherrenae

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Rebecca... I tried ... I failed .... sorry ...

on that note sweet dreams everyone...

2pinkwithluv
New Kid On the Block
2pinkwithluv
In response to lynnde

Pink I know you've been claimed by someone already, but I'm here to claim you for my own! I guess you have two sisters...can't wait to take care of your scrappy cravings!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Flying_Unicorn

Good night Alda. good night John boy.

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to Melodys-SS

• Melodys-SS Said:
Stopping by to wish my little sister a good day. May the sun shine on you today.

Well hello sister!!!!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

Tres Dana is doing okay...she got tattooed and prepped for radiation this week. Treatments start second week of April. She will have 33 radiation treatments...every day, five days a week for six weeks. Dreading that but it'll be one more step behind her. After she heals from that, she will have two surgeries for reconstruction...

This weekend is a celebration though...her and i and our friend who goes with us all the time are going garage saling...it's one of our most favorite things to do together and Dana is FINALLY feeling well enough to go, so we're pretty excited to get to do that together again...

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

That is awesome Mel.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-31-11 08:58 PM
In response to VictoriasSS

• VictoriasSS Said:
I hope you have a good night sweet sis. Here's a picture of the setting sun to send you to dream land:

Thank you, that is so sweet! Have a wonderful sleep big sis!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to vawm

Pink's sister: Those are some serious heels in your avi! lol

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Rachels SS

• Rachels SS Said:
My baby sis, I rang, thought I would stop by and say cheers and have some earl gray tea at the manor
and shopping Milton Keynes. 88 days around the world I go, leaving clues every place I go. Accross the pond I may not be - you will have to figure it all out and see!
Waddesdon Manor By Rachels SS

Wow - this is amazing - Waddesdon Manor is just around the corner from here! Seriously - how did you know? My bff, the girl up the road but originally from Texas, used to work there - in the textile dept, working on all the ancient tapestries and curtains and drapes and stuff. It was a really interesting job but her boss was the PITS - literally sat all day and watched her team and moaned but never lifted a finger. She is well off out of there!

But the manor is glorious!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Mel - I sent Dana a little package - just something small - did it arrive yet?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Kelly - the LAST thing I would do is try and get you not to participate ESPECIALLY if you are my secret sis! I guess you're right, people do usually send from the websites - but not always in my experience!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics