Username Post: SECRET SISTERS (APRIL-JUNE) ~CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND        (Topic#1554799)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

TGIF! I finish my on-call today and I am a free woman - late nights and late lie-ins over the weekend, except that I have signed up for my first ever chin wax tomorrow! I figure I do NOT want to end up like my mom with a beard (or at least, thats what Emily calls it) so I'm going to learn to go through the pain...

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Heres my darling daughter appearing in the first Middle East version of Cosmo!

My babys in Cosmo! By RachelsOtherPlace

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

Good morning Girls!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
TGIF! I finish my on-call today and I am a free woman - late nights and late lie-ins over the weekend, except that I have signed up for my first ever chin wax tomorrow! I figure I do NOT want to end up like my mom with a beard (or at least, thats what Emily calls it) so I'm going to learn to go through the pain...

When I have spare money, I'm going to go get the laser hair removal treatment. That's supposed to be permanent. I can't tell you how many times I've waxed...

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Rosita

Good Morning sisters -

Just wanted to say hi and say happy April Fool's day (do you say that?) I was just curious if anyone had some good stories surrounding the day past or present?

I am not a fan of a lot of practical jokes, but a few years ago when I was working in Payroll (just started) all of the groups involved in Payroll got together and decided to play a joke on my then boss (who is a prankster himself). They invented a story that something was critically wrong with the payroll that was to go out the next day, they set up conference calls had the director in on it coming down on him, the poor guy was freaking out. I felt bad for him even though as I mentioned it he is a prankster himself and probably deserved a bit of his own medicine.

Funny thing was that the following year on April 1 when I was running the payroll cycle and did have a legit problem he didn't believe me and wouldn't even get involved. Luckily I had a few people that did and we were able to get it sorted out, but even after that he thought it was all invented.

So in any event ladies be warned and be on the lookout. Have a great day.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Sherrenae

good morning ... rise and shine another day in paradise ...Happy Friday!

Every year my maintenance guy seems to pull a prank and every year I fall for the story he tells..... this year is no exception but he got me yesterday during our office move ... Needless to say no Christmas bonus for him!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Flying_Unicorn

Good morning beautiful ladies.

So Alda, have you decided when you're coming to visit me? You are coming Expo weekend with the other girls aren't you?

Mel, I'm glad you're taking Dana out for the day. Give her a hug for me will you?

Awesome about your DD being in the magazine Rachel!!! I'll have to get a closer look.

I mostly don't send to my little sis from a site. I'm not giving away any more info on that lest I be found out!!! hee hee!!

And I need to get my eyebrows waxed. Really my chin and lip too. The hair is very blonde so I don't have to do it often, but it shows really well when the sun glints off of it. LOL!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Quote for the day:

Action and becoming are one.

-Meister Eckhart

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Off to work!!! Have a wonderful Friday!!!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

No honey I am not coming to the expo with you girls..

We moved out office yesterday .. I am now procrastinating getting out of bed and going to unpack boxes ....

With everything going on this month ... I may have to wait till the end of April/May to spend a weekend with you

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

good morning girls!!!!

It's Friday! woohoo!!!!!

Deb, I will give Dana a hug for you. Have a good work day today!

Alda, did you move your offices to a better building? Why did you have to move?

I'm still thinking ya'll gotta make a road trip to see me!

Rachel, how flipping cool your daughter isin Cosmo! Congrats to her!

Ya'll are cracking me up with your chin hair glinting in the sun etc! Im very lucky not to hae that problem...so far anyway. I let the tech who was waxing my eyebrows talk me into waxing my upper lip one time, good LORD that hurt AND my upper lip broke out in about a dozen pimples! I looked freakinsh for about two weeks! And I didn't need it in the first place! duh! hahaha!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to youvegotmel

when I went to get a manicure/pedicure while visiting my bff last month, the woman said "and clean up your eyebrows?" I glared at her and said I don't do my eyebrows. I've gotten them waxed or threaded a few times, and I liked how it looked, but I simply have no interest in the cost or time of upkeep.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

I often mail packages myself. It's a way of saving on shipping so I can spend more on actual stuff for my lil sis. I'll buy a bunch of stuff for her and maybe me when it's a free shipping day or from another website with free shipping, then I'll separate the stuff into her monthly packages.

I know it increases the odds of her figuring out who I am, but I like being able to send more stuff.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to scrapbrarian

• scrapbrarian Said:
So who's still working on a lo for my challenge? Deadline is midnight tonight!!

I posted mine the other day!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

When I have spare money, I'm going to go get the laser hair removal treatment. That's supposed to be permanent. I can't tell you how many times I've waxed...

It does work. It depends on the darkness of your hair and how stubborn it is. I wanted to get my arms done but the hair is too light to work effectively.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Mel-thanks for the update on Dana. I'm sending her something in the mail next week.

Rachel-great picture of your daughter! I wish I could read the article. It looks interesting.

Sherri-funny story. Sounds like you got your boss really good. Last year my son put a drop of food coloring in the bottom of his daddy's cereal bowl so when the milk was poured on it, it turned all blue. Very funny when you are 4.

Mayor
  • 888 on 04-01-11 06:47 AM
In response to parisdame

Happy Friday Everyone!!!! Well this Sunday will '5' years I haven't smoked, I NEVER thought I'd quit... But after 18 years of smoking... I DID IT!!!!

Robins Big Sister
Resident
Robins Big Sister
In response to 888

Good morning Nancy! I hope you have a special day!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to 888

Go NikiLynn!
Five years that is quite the accomplishment. I am very happy and proud of you for doing something so difficult.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to TrishaLouise

Wow Nikilynn I think that 5 year anniversary deserves some scrapping goodness to celebrate!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to parisdame

yay Nikilynn! now, what's for free lunch friday?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Good for you Nikilynn. That is amazing!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to tinadn

good morning girls

niki that's great!!!

rachel that's awesome your daughter was in cosmo!

i hope everyone is doing well. im still sick. i have a sinus infection so it sucks. but last day of dance class was fun yesterday everyone took in food. and everyone asked us for our recipe for our punch it was a hit so im excited.

hope everyone is doing well. i have to rush and get ready for work. i woke up super late since im sick.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to jackie9635

Congrats Nikkilynn! I have been smoke free for almost as long as I smoked. 10 years on New Years. I smoked for 13.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• youvegotmel Said:
Tres Dana is doing okay...she got tattooed and prepped for radiation this week. Treatments start second week of April. She will have 33 radiation treatments...every day, five days a week for six weeks. Dreading that but it'll be one more step behind her. After she heals from that, she will have two surgeries for reconstruction...

This weekend is a celebration though...her and i and our friend who goes with us all the time are going garage saling...it's one of our most favorite things to do together and Dana is FINALLY feeling well enough to go, so we're pretty excited to get to do that together again...

Although lengthy, I had about the same treatment numbers. I had 5 weeks of 5 x a week and then 2 internal radiations 1 x a week. It will go faster than she knows...It will seem long, but looking back it went quickly....

I played a practical joke on my Mom when I got tattooed. We are not a tattoo family, so when I got it (the tattoos for radiation), I made a big ordeal about getting a tattoo and asked if she wanted to see it. She was totally freaked out, thinking that the cancer had made me uninhibited, and I was just crazy and like some big huge dragon or something on my shoulder or back. So I showed her one of my tats and she was like..."where is it" That is when I started laughing and told her the truth. (for those of you who don't know, my "tattooes" are the size of a pin head, just to mark the outskirts of the radiation field.) It was nice to make a crappy situation fun....or maybe it is just me and my demented sense of humor!

JMorales
Guru
JMorales
In response to kaykay1010

Hey bib sister! I love the avi!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Mel-thanks for the update on Dana. I'm sending her something in the mail next week.

Rachel-great picture of your daughter! I wish I could read the article. It looks interesting.

Sherri-funny story. Sounds like you got your boss really good. Last year my son put a drop of food coloring in the bottom of his daddy's cereal bowl so when the milk was poured on it, it turned all blue. Very funny when you are 4.

I wish I could read the article too! I told her we need a better picture!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Our location and downtown is filled with converted homes to offices .... and it was too good of a deal to pass up .....The new place is perfect and incredible energy ... but the unpacking and the IT guy ... ahhhhh that is the only bad part of the move ...... Maybe Monday our server will be up ...maybe not ....I done worrying about it ....

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:

that is very funny at 30 something ....

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
when I went to get a manicure/pedicure while visiting my bff last month, the woman said "and clean up your eyebrows?" I glared at her and said I don't do my eyebrows. I've gotten them waxed or threaded a few times, and I liked how it looked, but I simply have no interest in the cost or time of upkeep.

Emily used to go on and on at me about having my eyebrows waxed, so one year when she was on hols, I had them done, and she never even noticed - so now I don't bother any more - I decided that if SHE didnt notice, then no one else would either!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Happy Friday Everyone!!!! Well this Sunday will '5' years I haven't smoked, I NEVER thought I'd quit... But after 18 years of smoking... I DID IT!!!!

That means an incredible shopping spree... 5 years of no smoking and lets say you smoked a pack a day 3/00/pk = you have saved or can spend =$5,475.00.... Congrats honey !

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn

Jackie ... my little sis from long ago .. hope you are feeling better honey ...

I get my eyebrows threaded every two weeks.... besides threading not hurting like waxing or leaving little red bumps .. threading lasts longer ..... I like the manicured look of the eyebrows when they are done ...

Off to unpack some more boxes have a great night girls ....

SSforSherri
Tenant
SSforSherri
In response to RachelUK

The weekend is right around the corner dear sister Sherri. Do you have a weekend filled with fun in your future?

SSforSherri
Tenant
SSforSherri
In response to Sherrenae

• Sherrenae Said:
Hi Rebecca - here is one from me for your challenge.

The flowers centers and the leaf punch I have had for a couple years. The techniques are making my own flowers which I rarely do and the title which I did using 'Mudd Puddles' which is a new product for me and a bit trickly to get the hang of but fun to play with.

Ruger By Sherrenae

My my little sister, I would love to see all of your punches. Great entry to Rebecca's challenge.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I remember that I couldnt quite believe it the first time I saw them tattoo a kid for radiotherapy. Like Kelly says - the thing is, that in order for the radiotherapy to hit the exact same spot every time, the markers from the Xray machines are lined up with a tiny spot which is tattooed. The spot doesnt move so you get the rays in teh right place. If its a brain tumour, the tattoo spots are on your head or neck but its like Kelly says - they're barely noticeable unless you know!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Well Alda - now you have me thinking about threading! I'm fairskinned, so the waxing makes my skin stay red for hours! Maybe waxing is the answer.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-01-11 12:48 PM
In response to RachelUK

Afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is having fun! A bunch of us at our office just did Michael Jackson wii for wellness after lunch. We get a half an hour of wellness time each day. It was fun!

SistaforRosita
New Kid On the Block
SistaforRosita

Rosita dear, it is the weekend! I hope you have some fun plans lined up-I know I'm going shopping...I think I saw some basic grey on my list for you...or maybe some bobunny-your wishlist is so full of yummy things I just can't decide!

Secret Sister for u
New Kid On the Block
Secret Sister for u
In response to RachelUK

Oh Sassy Suzie,

Hope all is well! I can't wait to start shopping for you. I'm sending you a PM.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Secret Sister for u

hi girls

alda - thanks! i've been feeling it coming and now it's full blown. i agree i love threading! i get mine done every two-three weeks also. I love the look of freshly done eyebrows.

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Alda good luck unpacking!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is having fun! A bunch of us at our office just did Michael Jackson wii for wellness after lunch. We get a half an hour of wellness time each day. It was fun!

oo wow that's awesome. it's like recess for grownups!! i wish we had that lol

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Off to get outta town so tomorrow I can be ready bright and early for my test. Wish me luck...

I'll try and catch up a bit when I get a chance to sit down on Sunday!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to lynnde

Ooh Danelle - sending lots of good vibes your way - hope the test goes well!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
Jackie ... my little sis from long ago .. hope you are feeling better honey ...

I get my eyebrows threaded every two weeks.... besides threading not hurting like waxing or leaving little red bumps .. threading lasts longer ..... I like the manicured look of the eyebrows when they are done ...

Off to unpack some more boxes have a great night girls ....

Well, I will look forward to seeing you when you get here!! I just wish it was sooner, than later.

I tweeze my brows, but I get these fine little blond hairs and when I get them waxed they look so much better. More defined.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:

I had 9 hours of Grime Squad wellness today. LOL!!! And I'm feeling every minute of it.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Good luck on your test tomorrow Danelle!! I'm off to take a shower and REST!!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I'm gonna take a leaf out of your book Debs, and test out the waxing tomorrow. If the chin goes ok and its not too agonising, who knows where it might lead!

For now - off to bed.

(and no, it won't lead THAT far!!!!)

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:

I want to work at your office!

kellysecretsis
New Kid On the Block
kellysecretsis
In response to parisdame

Kelly is there a particular line or company that you *need* some scrapbook supplies from. Your wishlist is far from empty but I would like to get you your favorites. Any suggestions?

Any fun plans for the weekend?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:
MorninG ladies,

Sherri, Journey? What a fun name for a pup! Love it!

Had a bad batch of qdobas last night, am trying really hard to stay at work, so I might disappear for a day or two depending what's going on-I hear a couch calling my name! So I hope you ladies have a great day, hope to see you all sooner rather than later!

Just had to look up qdoba!

Normally it is so super tasty, if you like mexican! And since the hubby was fine I'm not sure it was the cause-I sure hope not-we probably eat there once a week!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • Rosita Said:
here's a very short, less than a min video that had me laughing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1e0skfJts

Rosita, that's hilarious!!!!

That really was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while-certainly made my friday better!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Melodys-SS

• Melodys-SS Said:

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• scrapbrarian Said:
So who's still working on a lo for my challenge? Deadline is midnight tonight!!

Sadly I also failed-but seeing as the page is done I was just feeling too icky to get up and take a photo of it, it is pretty much my own doing!

SweetPinksSS
Resident
SweetPinksSS
In response to parisdame

Sweet Pink don't you be fooled

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Sherrenae

• Sherrenae Said:
Good Morning sisters -

Just wanted to say hi and say happy April Fool's day (do you say that?) I was just curious if anyone had some good stories surrounding the day past or present?

I am not a fan of a lot of practical jokes, but a few years ago when I was working in Payroll (just started) all of the groups involved in Payroll got together and decided to play a joke on my then boss (who is a prankster himself). They invented a story that something was critically wrong with the payroll that was to go out the next day, they set up conference calls had the director in on it coming down on him, the poor guy was freaking out. I felt bad for him even though as I mentioned it he is a prankster himself and probably deserved a bit of his own medicine.

Funny thing was that the following year on April 1 when I was running the payroll cycle and did have a legit problem he didn't believe me and wouldn't even get involved. Luckily I had a few people that did and we were able to get it sorted out, but even after that he thought it was all invented.

So in any event ladies be warned and be on the lookout. Have a great day.

I work in telecom, and a couple of years ago a coworker of mine left a note for my manager about a customer who's lines were down and he was incredibly upset and wanted to talk to her asap. So she left the number and the contact.

So of course my manager calls the number and requests 'Harry Lion' and the administration office at the zoo she called just burst out laughing. She has yet to live that one down

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:

That means an incredible shopping spree... 5 years of no smoking and lets say you smoked a pack a day 3/00/pk = you have saved or can spend =$5,475.00.... Congrats honey !

Oh now that is a great way of looking at it! Happy spending Niki!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MrsAnnieS

Wow I had no idea what threading was-had to go to youtube to see what that's all about, I must find someplace to have that done!

Mel that is so great you and Dana are going out garage sale-ing! Have tons of fun!

Rachel what a great photo of Emily, and how fun for her to be in the first issue ever, that is an amazing thing for her!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I'm gonna take a leaf out of your book Debs, and test out the waxing tomorrow. If the chin goes ok and its not too agonising, who knows where it might lead!

For now - off to bed.

LOL!!! Come on!! I hear those brazilian waxes can be life changing.

For me it hurt worse the first time. I only have it done about 2 X a year if that. The hair on my lip isn't long it's just blonde and fuzzy. If I wear foundation, which is rare, it gets clogged up in it. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

The threads kind of slow the last few days. i caught up in no time!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:

what is the Michael Jackson one, and what kind of job do you have that you get half an hour wellness time?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

For now - off to bed.

For me it hurt worse the first time. I only have it done about 2 X a year if that. The hair on my lip isn't long it's just blonde and fuzzy. If I wear foundation, which is rare, it gets clogged up in it. LOL!!

are you saying you get the brazilian wax 2x a year, or your lip?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

ooops

Wrong place.

Edited by Sassy Suzi on 04-01-11 04:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Well Alda - now you have me thinking about threading! I'm fairskinned, so the waxing makes my skin stay red for hours! Maybe waxing is the answer.

I am fair skinned as well but extremely sensitive thats why I love threading ...my eyebrows are natural looking not that thin line ... and it just makes the face look prettier ...

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

For now - off to bed.

are you saying you get the brazilian wax 2x a year, or your lip?

Are you kidding me? Not hardly!! LOL!! never had a brazilian ANYWHERE!!! I'm kind of old school that way. I'll keep my hair 'there' thank you very much. LOL!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Flying_Unicorn Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

I am fair skinned as well but extremely sensitive thats why I love threading ...my eyebrows are natural looking not that thin line ... and it just makes the face look prettier ...

Is that why you're so pretty Alda? I'm going to see about getting threaded!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to SistaforRosita

• SistaforRosita Said:
Rosita dear, it is the weekend! I hope you have some fun plans lined up-I know I'm going shopping...I think I saw some basic grey on my list for you...or maybe some bobunny-your wishlist is so full of yummy things I just can't decide!

Between playing Taxi driver for my kids, I'll be cleaning and scrapping or making cards.

I got the Creating Keepsakes magazine today and am dying to scraplift...but am already in bed because it's so late.

I'm sure whatever you get for me will be wonderful.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

Recently I decided that I needed a full face wax...lips, jawline, chin, brows, so I went for it. My face was red for a week and broke out for 2.......never again. I will stick with plucking since I can't find a threader here.

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

For now - off to bed.

The brazilian or the face?

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010

I should have read all the posts before i commented!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• kaykay1010 Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

Recently I decided that I needed a full face wax...lips, jawline, chin, brows, so I went for it. My face was red for a week and broke out for 2.......never again. I will stick with plucking since I can't find a threader here.

all that "beautifying" defeats the purpose then, doesn't it? sheesh, the things we put ourselves through...

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

night all

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to kellysecretsis

• kellysecretsis Said:
Kelly is there a particular line or company that you *need* some scrapbook supplies from. Your wishlist is far from empty but I would like to get you your favorites. Any suggestions?

Any fun plans for the weekend?

Well, I have the spaghetti dinner for scouts tomorrow and tonight we had a track meet that got rained out, while we were there! Cold rain in 40 degree temps is not fun....broke my umbrella too with the wind. Sunday I am resting! Maybe I can finish the sb room then.

I really like the Graphic 45 once upon a springtime line. I like the Jenni Bowlin embossed papers, Websters pages any. Creative memories lullaby boy and any Vegas, Grand Canyon, or China papers. Is that at all helpful? I am very easy to please. OH, yeah I also am trying to finish my Myrtle Beach album and need the finishing touches to Creative Imaginations, Oceana collection. It is on my list nad I already have all the paper.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to SweetPinksSS

• SweetPinksSS Said:

Oh how fun and sweet! Thanks for claiming me sister!

kaykay1010
Diva
kaykay1010
In response to thinkpink22

Good night everyone! That rain did me in!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to SweetPinksSS

• SweetPinksSS Said:

Sweet Pink don't you be fooled

I tried hard not to be...but people tried all day!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 2pinkwithluv

• 2pinkwithluv Said:
Pink I know you've been claimed by someone already, but I'm here to claim you for my own! I guess you have two sisters...can't wait to take care of your scrappy cravings!

Oh, cool pink shoes...just like Dan always wants me to wear!

I do have two sisters. For several rounds I ended up sending to two so I got used to that and for the last three rounds, I've enjoyed being big sister to two ladies as well! I gave up getting swirlydoos and magazines so I could do it this way and I have to say...I love it! It also makes it more of a challenge to figure out TWO ladies instead of just ONE! Hope that it doesn't bother anyone else...I promise not to be a flaker! I think that if I even considered flaking on anyone, I would feel so guilty about it I wouldn't even be able to sleep!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Okay, now I don't have a lot of hair anywhere on my body (except my head )so I don't do the wax thing. But I'm curious what threading is? It sounds interesting!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Pink I watched this youtube video which explained it pretty well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
  • Melodys-SS Said:

I LOVE this Big Sis! YOU KNOW chocolate is the answer to all the problems everywhere!!!! Right? right!

Hope you had a good week!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

I've never had threading done, but I get my eyebrows waxed every couple months. I should do it more often...I do love the way I look much better when theire freshly waxed.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

Yeah you!! That is definitley something to celebrate!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• jackie9635 Said:
good morning girls

niki that's great!!!

rachel that's awesome your daughter was in cosmo!

i hope everyone is doing well. im still sick. i have a sinus infection so it sucks. but last day of dance class was fun yesterday everyone took in food. and everyone asked us for our recipe for our punch it was a hit so im excited.

hope everyone is doing well. i have to rush and get ready for work. i woke up super late since im sick.

Feel better soon sweet Jackie!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Wondering who the winner of this month's challenge is????

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

that

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

would

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

be .......

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

drawn by a randomizer ~

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Deb Doodles for her lo Heaven Sent

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Congrat's Deb! Looking forward to seeing what you challenge us to do for April!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

BTW I'll be sending a little something your way next week!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

A great big thanks to all of you who entered my challenge this month! There were 10 fab entries!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I had a great time scrapping with friends today! Finished my March prompt for my OLW album!

Got 3 more circle journal pages done .... Rachel's, Nikilynn's and Sweet Pink's. Hope to get photos uploaded soon. The crop continues tomorrow and Sunday. Hope to get at least as many done each of the next 2 days as I did today! Love working on the pages for you girls!

Better get to bed ao I am fit to scrap tomorrow. Sweet dreams all!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

I am old school.... I wax

VictoriasSS
Tenant
VictoriasSS

Hey little sis, got any plans for the weekend?

Ever been scuba diving or snorkeling?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• TrishaLouise Said:
I am old school.... I wax

Me too. Hasnt bother me yet.
I bought the hot wax from Avon, which I like better than any I have bought. I tried my eyebrows, and no way will I try it again. I use it for my upper lip only. The bikini wax is rough and the key is who ever pulls the strip off must immediately put their other hand over the place they pulled from. The heat of the hand does help a lot. I get my dh to do the wax for me.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-01-11 09:46 PM

• Tina scraps Said:
  • vawm Said:

what is the Michael Jackson one, and what kind of job do you have that you get half an hour wellness time?

The Michael Jackson for wii is like dance party. You get to try to dance like Michael! I work for a non-profit health organization that works to better the health of American Indians and Alaska Natives living in the NW states. So we have employee wellness, babies at work until 6 months, and a lot of encouragement to be healthy ourselves!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-01-11 09:48 PM
In response to VictoriasSS

• VictoriasSS Said:
Hey little sis, got any plans for the weekend?

Ever been scuba diving or snorkeling?

No never, but it sounds fun! I am going to my DS Little League practice, grocery shopping, teaching Sunday School and hopefully working a bit on a grant application.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to vawm

Congrats Debbie

Suzi : I could never inflict that pain on myself ... lol ... eyebrows threaded and everything else waxed ... but I like Rosita's thought .. can you imagine getting laser hair removal and never having to worry about waxing your legs again ...

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Alda - my daughter had the laser done while in college. She said best thing she ever did, and no more bumps and breakouts.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics