Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: VCW Week 210 - We "March" to a Scrappy Beat!        (Topic#1554885)
TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to TripletMother

Morning all! Off to the dentist for a cleaning, then to get car washed - in and out - and then for an oil change!

Catch you later!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Hi, hello, and howdy!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-11-11 12:35 PM
In response to BlingQueenRia

Hello everyone! I'm SO HAPPY IT'S FRIDAY!!

My car needs a good wash Heather! DS is going to do it inside & out...for a fee of course!

The weather here is crazy! It snowed on and off all day yesterday with no accumulation. When I woke up this morning there was a little snow on my windshield and stuff, but not much. Now the sun is shining and it is 45* outside and tomorrow it is supposed to be 60! I'm so ready for spring!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to LeeLo

I think my family is about to expand...there has been a darling tortoiseshell kitty hanging around my living room window. (My apartment is half underground.) I fed her, and plan to take her to see my vet-nurse friend Monday afternoon.

I am calling her Bella. I took her in to see the vet nurse who's on duty a bit ago just to be sure she didn't have any major communicable kitty diseases. So far we know Bella is around five years old, not microchipped and a female tortoiseshell. Calicos have white on them, Bella has no white. Max is NOT happy.

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04

Been a busy day! Got Grace's cake order, the invitations in the mail, got her arrangement of fruit ordered, went to JoAnn's (which by the way opened today!!!!!) and went to lunch with mom. I was not impressed with Joanns scrapbook section. THey had a few paper packs that I haven't seen in HL but for the most part thier scrapbook area was boring. Their fabrics however!!!! WOWZA!!!!! I'm in fabric HEAVEN!!!! I cannot wait to finish the sewing projects I have now so I can go back and get more fabric!!!! LOL

But today I was good. I only spent 4.95. I got two bottles of puffy paint. White and black. Big spender aren't I?????

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to mbrune04

I have grounded myself tonight to play with my Expression and cut out shrinky dinks. Oh the horror. So here in a few minutes now that everyone is asleep. I'm going to get the stuff and play. After all I need to learn before I teach the Girl Scout troop to do it.

Micayla was sent home from school today with a tummy ache and feeling like she was going to throw up. She then had a fever tonight. Hopefully she's better tomorrow. Poor girl though.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

Liz, don't be so hard on yourself.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I used my regular blade and it's not a new one. I put the pressure on max, the size was 5, and the speed was medium. You need a sticky mat though. I use a Matte shrinky dink that I bought off Amazon.com for like $25 for 50 sheets (Fantastic price). I only cut it out once and then just punched it out myself though a multicut of about 2 probably would have left it on the mat when I took away the plastic.

Please excuse all pictures as I can't find my good camera.

Here's the dinosaur I cut from Paper Doll Dress Up before I colored and shrunk it.
Shrinky Dink Before By Foltzy

Here is the dinosaur after I colored and shrunk it and I wish the one I did right after I colored it would have come out because the color was a light green I used.
Shrinky Dink after By Foltzy

Here's a comparison ignore the poor unicorn, I messed him up but it was cut at 5 to and it's about the same size as the dinosaur.
Shrinky Dink comparison By Foltzy

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

Liz that is way cool!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

It was a lot of fun. I'm going to go do a unicorn for Micayla. I think the girls are going to enjoy it.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

I might get some for when the kids come home. I like to stockpile craft supplies for the kids for rainy days. What did you use to color those with? I have Zigs and Pentels. Oh and paints, watercolor and acrylic.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

You can use any kind of permanent marker or colored pencils. They do not recommend crayons though. I used the Bic Mark It's that I have.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to foltzy

Whoa I forgot to subscribe to the new thread.

Heather boo dentists! I hate going to the dentist.

Leelo glad the snow melted again lol.

Ria yay for a new kitty!

Misty I'm no big spender either. I have 50 bucks "allowance" per month and that's it. So that includes if I want new clothes or whatever. But I spend pretty much all of it on scrapbooking lol.
Yay fabric!

Liz sorry Mike is sick.
The shrinky dinks are cool

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

Oh AFM. Not much. We had a blizzard last night. Only 5cm but it was so windy you really couldn't see anything
Umm. I dunno. Nothing else happening over here. DS and DH are both napping. TOnight we're going to a dinner at a friend's church. Then DH is going for coffee with a friend who I'm current fighting with. Guys are so immature sometimes...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to bcblondie

Been scrapping. I think the title and lyrics to Katy Perry's song "Firework" are appropriate for a kids' page. I used my Cricut with Lyrical Letters for all lettering and Hello Kitty Font for Hello Kitty.

The title reads, "Baby you're a FireWork." The journalling is a snippet of the lyrics and they read, "'Cause baby, you're a firework, come on show 'em what you're worth; make 'em go 'Oh, oh, oh,' as you shoot across the sky-y-y...Baby you're a firework, come on let your colors burst; make 'em go 'Oh, oh, oh,' you're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe..."

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to bcblondie

Got a friend's kid today. Her grandma died and the funeral was today. She didn't want her little boy to be there after all he is only 3. We went and changed the oil in hubby's car, went and got his tv in his truck fixed, picked up the little boy ate lunch went to Joann's (again) and then came home. I got some fabric to make Grace a "birthday" outfit. It has cupcakes on it. SO cute. Other than that, not much happening.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

I love it ria! I've been scrapping too. Just making a card but it's taking forever. Creativity is so much work!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

Misty I'm sorry about your friends mom passing away.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to bcblondie

overslept this morning.
ran some errands
Jamie's here now
didn't have a nap before he came over, so he's kind of whiny
he's changed so much in the last couple weeks though

I'm tired. I feel like I need a nap! LOL
wish it wasn't too late to give him one
Bill's working on dinner, I should go rescue him

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Bo Bunny card kit and assembled 8 cards tonight.
Oooo... as close to scrapping as I've come in a bit
Products Referenced in This Post:

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to leebla

DS destroyed my card

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-12-11 06:34 PM
In response to bcblondie

Just popping in to say hi...busy day! I had a bridal shower to go to as well as my niece & nephew here for a visit. We had lunch at McDonald's and let them play for a while then ran home to change clothes and wrap a gift and then headed to the shower. My nephew (age 3) kept asking me when we were going to get wet.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to LeeLo

Had great birthday dinner with friends and my aunt tonight! Ended up with no one but be at my crop though.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to NMlady

Aw that sucks nmlady

Leelo sounds like a good day.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

Yay! I just bought my first cart for my cricut. Home Decor Solutions!

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to bcblondie

Hi Ladies, sorry again for not being around much, first I want to say that I am glad that I did not offend anyone about asking for an interview for Autism awareness Month, but I did not know that those that are more aware are no longer here.

On to other things, My dd is driving me crazy right now, her and bf have decided to get married in August of this year which doesn't give me very much time to save, she is determined to do everything right now, instead of shopping around for deals and better pricing, she doesn't seem to want to listen just wants to do it her way, I have been so stressed that I finally told her that I am not stressing anymore to do what she wants, she is coming over on Tuesday to tell me what they have decided to do for the wedding, dh is extremely stressed about it and that is not good for his heart, I just told him when she comes over tuesday to discuss what she has gone ahead and decided that I am going to tell her how much I can save between now and then, I wil give it to her, and she can use it as she wants if she has gone over the budget since she doesn't want to take her time since she has 5 months and shop around with me and she has chosen things that are over my budget then it will be her problem, just can't stress about someone who is young and determined to do it there way, my DH will walk her down the isle my ds' will be in the wedding and I will be the MOTB but that's all I can do.

On a happy note I spent all day at my first crop yesterday, I had a wonderful no stress day, I loved it, am already addicted, but now I know to prepare better so i can get more than 1 project done in 8 hours, lol, talking to much and didn't pack til that morning, so I will have PLO Box organized with everything ahead of time for next month, definitely! But still a great time away from home which I don;t get that often, with new friends and no stress, what a joy!

However I am way behind in scrapping so am going to do some here in a bit as I unpack from the crop!
Hope everyone is having a good day!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Scrap Chica

Laura that's gonna be fun planning a wedding on short notice!
Glad you had fun at your crop. I want to go to one.

I just drank a whole ton of kefir and now I'm buzzed.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to bcblondie

I bet you are buzzed!
I had never been to a crop til I met someone here and in bloggy land and she lives about 20 minutes from me and she invited me to join her scrapping sorority and we are on fiskateers together, so now I get to crop with her and some other great ladies once a month!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Scrap Chica

That's awesome! A few of my friends scrapbook. I should really organize something.

I did a card.
A birthday card By Bcblondie

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to bcblondie

I don't think families are obligated to go into debt for weddings. I don't feel they "owe" their children weddings. Especially with divorces the way they are now anyhow.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to NMlady

Brian and I paid for our wedding. We figured we lived on our own and so we paid for it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

Jake and Laura paid for their own wedding too.
I paid for the supplies for the invitations and decorations I did, but that was my choice because I could do it. They offered several times to reimburse me.

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to leebla

My parents did as much as they could but I was careful of thier budget.

I'm feeling creative tonight. It's been a beautiful day and I've been outside cleaning my car in and out, top to bottom. I even took the car seats out and apart and threw the things that I could in the washer. The seats themselves, I got cleaner and scrubbed them. They must have been hoarding goldfish and M&M's with as many as I found in them seats!!! I'm needing to go to the grocery store to get the things for next weeks menu. Then once the kids are in the bed, I'm either going to finish sewing Grace's birthday outfit I'm making her or make a couple of flowers for my next project. Her birthday is Thursday ya'll!!!!! (yes, I'm a southerner) My baby is going to be 2. I can't believe it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to mbrune04

well, I put my creativity to work type things this weekend. Last night I did the 8 cards from that Bo Bunny kit. This morning I did 8 cards from another kit I had laying around.

This afternoon, I put together a dozen goodie bags for sleep techs with mugs, pens, candy, and then I took one of those cards and hand wrote a note to each sleep tech to put in the goodie bags!
(I wrote an especially touching and appreciative note to the tech i value the most because he also helps in the DME division, and covered for me while I was on vacation-- despite the fact he just finished lambasting me in not one, but two emails over something very minor. I hope it comes across as thought I wrote it BEFORE I read his email and makes him puke. Everything I just said is true, as is what I wrote in the note....which is why I hope it makes him puke!)

I also then put together a dozen goodie bags with travel mugs, pens, magnets, and candy to hand out to docs. No handwritten notes yet, but I think I probably will, just maybe on company cards instead of handmade cards. and then the remainder of the candy I put in goodie bags with notepads, pens, and magnets to hand out to docs office staff. I'll save the handmade ones for IF they actually meet with me and talk with me. LOL

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I need to clean up all of this mess.
Then I think while I am watching TV, I will try and sticker a bunch of brochures, so they are ready to hand out.
I need to get a big jump on tomorrow and hit the ground running so that I can get some things done before I take my grandmother to yet another doctor appointment tomorrow morning.
I need to have all of my stuff ready to jump right back into things when I get back at noon.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Hi ladies!

I can't believe it's Sunday already! I'm just popping in for a second, getting ready to head to bed. I remembered to take a couple pics of my storage cubes today so I wanted to post them. I think they've really helped clean up my space!

Sewing Machine Area By DesiLee
JetMax Cubes 1 By DesiLee
JetMax Cubes 2 By DesiLee
Left wall By DesiLee
View into room By DesiLee

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to DesiLee

Nmlady I agree about weddings. We paid for our own. Except my dad paid for our dinner but that was only 1400. And MIL helped with several smaller things. Most of the cost was on us. Which is fine by me.

Misty GREAT job cleaning your car. My son's carseat gets crammed with goldfish too lol. Happy early bday to DD!

elizabeth. Great job doing 8 cards! That's a lot. And all those goody bags too. You've been busy.

Desi I love your scrappy space.

I did one more card.
Thinking of you By Bcblondie

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to bcblondie

Desi, loving your scrap space!

Susy, loving the cards! Needs a little bling.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I want some of the cubes but I don't want them to sit on the floor because of the dog hair in my house.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to NMlady

Thanks Ria. I love bling too but I feel like I add it to everything so I held off on this one.

nmlady cubes are cool. lol. I have the same problem with cat hair. I have to move the fridge like weekly. There's just so much of it!

I'm off to a friends. Then when DS naps I'll be in my scrappy room!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to bcblondie

Hi ladies!

Joy - I have a dog, but she's not in my craft room much. She'll come in and lay on the floor for a minute but then she usually gets bored and goes somewhere else. I dunno what you could put them on, they get kind of heavy once you've got stuff on them. I'm really happy with them though, it's nice now that everything has a place!

Elizabeth - Sounds like you've been busy! I'm sure they'll appreciate the goodie bags and the handwritten notes.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to DesiLee

Alright. DS is naping .He was good at our friends but impossible when we got home. He made my hand bleed

But I had my kefir so I'm all mellow now lol. Gonna scrap in a minute here, when I get my thoughts together. I might have to tidy up for a bit first.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to bcblondie

Dear Max,

You have been being a spaz all morning. But you have been entertaining. And i've been irritated because of my phone. I really needed to laugh today. So thank you, the laughter totally changed my mood.

You pulling out the books was hilarious. I took note that one of the books was Sister's book about cats and kittens. That was cute, and I can't wait till I can tell Sister, next time I see her.

Love,

Mommy

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to DesiLee

Great space Desi!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

Liz - Love the shrinky dink!!

Ria - your "Firework" LO is really cute - especially appropriate to have her next to all the different colored flowers.

Misty - really glad you could be there to help your friend at such a tough time.

Leah - I *love* the way kids think about things. SOOO literal!

Joy - Sorry about the crop, but glad you had a nice dinner.

Laura - If DD isn't going to listen to your advice input on the wedding, then I'd say she doesn't need any money input, either. But that's my tough-love side showing through.

Susy - What's kefir? Never heard of it before.

Random note: in the mood to watch a movie tonight. Went to the bookshelf and "Pirates of the Caribbean" just JUMPED into my hand.

Joy - agreed about the wedding thing. I've told Kim I'll help her have as big of a wedding as we can afford if/when the time comes. Once. One. After that, she's on her own.

Elizabeth - can I be one of your doctors? Or better yet, one of the office staff? I'd love to get a goodie bag like those!

Desi - the space looks fantastic!! You've done a great job getting organized.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Went to the dr today and had a bunch of skin tags cauterized. He shaved a mole off my neck, too. It was hurting earlier, but now it all just itches and is annoying because I'm not supposed to touch it. Just let them heal and fall off with the scabs.

Oh...and I'm not supposed to wear anything tight/rubbing for five days. And some of them were around my chest. So I'll be going au natural this week...which means not leaving the house.

Thankfully, I have typing to do. It might be the only thing that keeps me sane.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to c-leaper

Ria cute letter to max lol.

Jenni Kefir is a alcoholic (like 1% lol) carbonated probiotic drink. There are 2 types. Dairy kefir, which is a lot like yogurt, and juice/water kefir which is a lot like wine/champagne. It's so yummy and good for you.

Glad you got the skin tags and stuff removed. Hooray for au naturale! Lol. I wish we could all do that always. But I'm a hippy like that.

Thank you for the love on my cards.

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to bcblondie

Glad you asked what Kefir was Jenni because I was about to ask too. Been extremely busy of a day. Got the oil changed in my car, got Christian off to school and picked up, cooked lunch, prearranged the lasagna so hubby just had to throw in the oven while I was at Bible study. Took a shower, got DS to T-ball practice, went to Bible study, came home ate, gave kids a bath, put them to bed (all myself when I usually have DH to help) and here I sit. I'm about to start sewing again. (And it's 11:30pm) but I have to be done by thursday. I still have to finish the pants and cut and sew the shirt. Ugh. I'm so tired. Oh well. As they say, a mothers job is never done. Oh and I've been doing laundry today too. And the dryer just went off, so that means another load to hang and fold. Ugh. Where's calgon when you need it.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to leebla

That all sounds pretty exhausting.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

Didn't turn out quite how i'd hoped but oh well.
Get well By Bcblondie

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to bcblondie

Hello ladies.... had a great weekend. My scrap buddy Claudia took me out to lunch and then a little retail therapy at the local scrapbook store... then went back to my house and scrapped. Lots of fun. Then hubby cooked one of my favorite meals (cioppino) and brought me flowers for my 16 year AA birthday.
He also has three job leads... prayers needed that at least one of them pans out to an interview.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Elizabeth - can I be one of your doctors? Or better yet, one of the office staff? I'd love to get a goodie bag like those!

You can, but you better send me some business, or I won't be empoyed long enough to give you a second one.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to leebla

Kimberly sounds like a great day! What is cioppino? Praying for your hubby to get an interview.

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to bcblondie

I just love how these children of mine say they miss each other so much while Christian is in school but the minute they get together they start fighting like cats and dogs. I don't think they miss each other, I think they miss FIGHTING with each other. LOL I know, I have a lifetime of this.

I have to start potty training Grace but is it okay to say I just don't want to go through with that again? I feel like I just finished with Christian.

Got the pants sewn last night. They look really good. Just got to get the shirt done now. And of course everytime I think the kids are occupied with something else and I go into the sewing room, they follow.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to mbrune04

LOL at missing fighting together. I want a sibling for DS but I'm not looking forward to that part!
Good job sewing.

I did another layout.
Summer Days By Bcblondie

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to mbrune04

• mbrune04 Said:
Glad you asked what Kefir was Jenni because I was about to ask too. Been extremely busy of a day. Got the oil changed in my car, got Christian off to school and picked up, cooked lunch, prearranged the lasagna so hubby just had to throw in the oven while I was at Bible study. Took a shower, got DS to T-ball practice, went to Bible study, came home ate, gave kids a bath, put them to bed (all myself when I usually have DH to help) and here I sit. I'm about to start sewing again. (And it's 11:30pm) but I have to be done by thursday. I still have to finish the pants and cut and sew the shirt. Ugh. I'm so tired. Oh well. As they say, a mothers job is never done. Oh and I've been doing laundry today too. And the dryer just went off, so that means another load to hang and fold. Ugh. Where's calgon when you need it.

Good gracious, woman!!! It's a good thing you're a SAHM mom. There's no way anyone else could get done all that you're doing in a day. *HUG*

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Kimberly Rae

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Hello ladies.... had a great weekend. My scrap buddy Claudia took me out to lunch and then a little retail therapy at the local scrapbook store... then went back to my house and scrapped. Lots of fun. Then hubby cooked one of my favorite meals (cioppino) and brought me flowers for my 16 year AA birthday.
He also has three job leads... prayers needed that at least one of them pans out to an interview.

Oh, bless him. I *do* hope one of these works out. You guys have been going on faith for quite awhile now.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

okay, I put in a completely FULL day. I'm tired.
I'm home now. I'm not thinking about work any more tonight....

well, I'll probably think about it, but I'm not dealing with it any more tonight.

I'm thinking vacation pictures.
I'm thinking checking out this quick album kit I just got from CM.
I'm thinking sun, sand, and blue water! LOL

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

Evening all!

Just popping in for a quick hello! Took all 4 boys for haircuts tonight. The little men finally got their first "big boy" haircuts. Dad insisted since they will be turning 5 next month! It's so short though and they don't look like my babies anymore . . . they look like little men!

Did a lo today. Absolutely LOVE how it turned out. Unfortunately it is for design team so I can't share with you yet! I have another one that "debuted" today for DT so I will share with you tomorrow but it's nothing like the one I just finished!

Must go get all my boys in bed and probably myself. Hoping to get up early in the morning to do zumba before work!

Nighty night!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Hi, girls! I had a full day. Ended up working 11-2, had a good therapy session at 2:30, then my brother came over for a bit. Brought me a ginormous tv.

I have scrappy homework for therapy. I have to do a LO about why I need the protection of several layers of..."fluffiness." So I need to find a sketch and figure out if I want to do it 12 x 12 and put it in my regular BOM, or do it 8 x 8 and add it to the Project 52 album.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I've been working on Abby's "toddler" album (15 months - 25 months), I'm working backward so I just finished the Christmas pages.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to NMlady

Well, here is the lo I promised you last night . . .

PG-13 By TripletMother

If you want to join in on the challenge for the month and possibly win a prize, go to this link . . .
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15551...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I like that, Heather! On the journalling block, is that a punch?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Yes, the binding edge punch by EK Success. Love it!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Morning!!

I haven't been around much, I've been busy...not scrapping busy, but busy. DH has to have surgery on his elbow in a few weeks. He pulled one muscle that connects his lower arm to his upper arm completely off the bone We've been trying to get as much stuff done around the house as possible. He won't be able to move his arm at all for at least 4 weeks after..not even to click to mouse on the computer...say prayers for me that I don't kill him during that time

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Some of the goodies I got at CKC this weekend!!

Lots more that I couldn't find in the store here. I got a lot of the MME Stella Rose collection! It's GORGEOUS! That is what I used on my lo yesterday!

Also got a few packs of Bazzill cardstock that was already packaged to match with certain collections - like the BG Marjolaine and Crate Paper Toy Box (which I ordered from Scenic Route earlier in the week for CHEAP!) collection.
Products Referenced in This Post:

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• TripletMother Said:

Cute! I wonder if the superstore has it...I'm still trying to spend $135 in GCs to here.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• TripletMother Said:

Lots more that I couldn't find in the store here. I got a lot of the MME Stella Rose collection! It's GORGEOUS! That is what I used on my lo yesterday!

Also got a few packs of Bazzill cardstock that was already packaged to match with certain collections - like the BG Marjolaine and Crate Paper Toy Box (which I ordered from Scenic Route earlier in the week for CHEAP!) collection.

You did get more bling, right? Bling Princess Heather?

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hi ladies!

Heather - that's quite a haul! Lots of fun goodies in there!

Kris - I hope the surgery goes well, I can't imagine what I'd do if I couldn't move my arm for four weeks. That'd drive me nuts!

I have tomorrow and Friday off work so of course today is dragging by. I have a research paper to work on, and dh wants to do some things around the house, but I'm hoping to work in some scrappy time. I'm making a paper bag album for my sister in law's bridal shower. I figure we can use it as a guest book and then she can keep some momentos and put some pictures in it. It's my first paper bag album, I think it's coming along okay. I can't get the pages to line up nicely though and that irritates me a little. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. I'll try to remember to post some pics of what I have so far.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Cute! I wonder if the superstore has it...I'm still trying to spend $135 in GCs to here.

Yes they do!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Seriously? You really even have to ask?

Yes, lots and lots at the .99 bling place!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

And don't forget these . . . hadn't been able to find the fluorescents anywhere else!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

BTW . . . I got them for $2 less per marker then here at sb.com!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• TripletMother Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

Seriously? You really even have to ask?

Yes, lots and lots at the .99 bling place!

Okay. Just making sure. The Bling Queen has to check up on her Princesses, you know.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• TripletMother Said:
BTW . . . I got them for $2 less per marker then here at sb.com!!

Note to self: read slower and more carefully. I thought I read you got them for less than $2/marker here at sb.com.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Long posts are a royal pain in my neck on this phone, and I apologize for the copy-and-paste, but I wanted y'all to know what's gone on today. I copied my post from the vent thread which summed it all up...

Vent: very little sleep. Dang cyclothymia (very, very mild form of bipolar). I was tired but had enough of a manic phase to keep me awake till after 3am [Central time].

Vent: DFS caseworker came for her monthly visit...at 9:30am. I like my worker...she just came so EARLY this morning. When she called yesterday to reschedule for today, she caught me as I'd just walked into work, so I agreed to the first time she said.

Nonvent: visit went well. Kids are not to have any contact with troll-in-law.
Oops. Sorry. My bad. I told her about the troll's calling my mom while I was in jail and threatening my life. She was appalled and said that reinforced the no-contact order between her and the kids. My parents and Jeremy's grandparents and the rest of our families are okay. Goal is still reunification of the kids with me. I'm shooting for a summer homecoming. I'm doing everything I need to and some stuff I don't need to, but am because it's helping my case.

Nonvent: iced coffee, superstrong, laced with sugar, will keep me awake and alert for work later.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Hey girls. DS is down for a LATE nap. We went to a different playgroup today and they just so happened to haev a fire drill with no warning. That was interesting. Then I ran and got milk and we watched some Caillou. lo.l

Heather very pretty layout.
Awesome goodies you got there.

Kris Dh's elbow injury sounds horribly painful. Hope it heals fast.

Desi sounds like some busy days ahead for you.

Ria. Long day. Yay for scrappy homework!
The drama with the case worker and troll in law sound crappy.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to bcblondie

Susy there is no drama with my caseworker, she's great and on my side. She's done a LOT to help me. I just didn't realize how early 9:30am is when I didn't sleep much the night before.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Oh good. Yeah 930 is way too early! lol.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to bcblondie

home
fed

well, the CM kit I want to use to do this album quickly, is definately a "quick kit".
Basically teh pages are already printed "laid out" and you just add the pictures. Not my usual style, but will suit this purpose just fine.

It has spaces for 73 pictures. There is room to add a few more, especially if I print some of them wallet sized.

Right now I have 686 pictures narrowed down to 125

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

You can still tart the pages up a bit Elizabeth (mats, distress, stickles, ribbons, brads...).

But finishing an album quickly will be fun too. Good luck paring down the pictures some more.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to corrie fan

I'm actually thinking that if I could get these printed and in the album, or mostly in the album, it will give me something to occupy my mother should she decide to accompany my grandmother and I to the hospital tomorrow. Grandmother needs to have a biopsy done, and my mother and hospitals are NEVER a good mix.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Good diversion tactic. And productive too!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Wow, and hubby comes up and goes to bed without even saying good night. Sigh

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Well, everything is printing, but it's not together. Not sure it will get done before tomorrow. Oh well, can't say I didn't try.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Hmmm. Wake him up and say goodnight.

At least you made a valiant effort to get it done.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I'm so annoyed, I need one more piece of green paper to finish the Christmas layouts for 1993! Silly girl Abby says, "well can't you just go buy one piece that color"? Yeah, I'm driving 70 miles to buy one piece of paper, not likely.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to NMlady

Whooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo

every one of these pictures is adhered!
I need to add embellies and stickers and journaling, but they are all on the paper!

and the pages are in the book

now my mom can look at it, and if she doesn't come, then all I need is a pen to occupy ME!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

Great job Elizabeth!!! What an accomplishment!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Dear Android and New Hunk of Plastic Cell Phone,

I loathe you and the binary that makes you. I know God doesn't want me to hate, but I'm sure even He didn't realize what a major pain in my neck you are. How dare you reset yourself WHILE I'M TALKING TO MY SON????? Jory and Lizzie are more important to me than you, I just can't stand it I must use you to talk to them. I mean...seriously. Now my 12-year-old thinks I got mad at him and hung up on him. I'll have to explain tomorrow, when I can talk to him again.

Your Swype feature, where I drag my finger to type, is a joke. If I two-thumbs type, you can't keep up with me. Even if I use Swype, you can't keep up. And I'm NOT that fast on this tiny keyboard. The keys are too small for anyone but a child to use. Your hidden word feature needs a LOT of improvement. Stop replacing legitamate words with typos, and STOP INTERRUPTING ME EVERY OTHER WORD!!!!

Now you can shape up or ship out. You have until the tax refund check comes to shape up, or I will ship you out. ┬┐Comprendes? [tr: do you understand?]

Signed,

Apple Fan Girl

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Oops...wrong thread...but my phone IS driving me up a wall and back down again...i gotta get a lappy...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• TripletMother Said:
Great job Elizabeth!!! What an accomplishment!

Thanks Heather!
Like I said, it was a pre-laid out kit, but I don't care for something like this! It was fun. And it feels so good to have it done!

My mom didn't come down today, so I took my pens and added all my tags and journaling because we ended up being there the WHOLE day.

Can't wait until Bill gets home tonight. He's gonna flip.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

and I still got a corned beef in the oven and cabbage and potatoes to go with it.

And I bought him a key lime pie.

I didn't do squat for work, and I don't care!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Bummer, my corned beef is not done yet.
Chicken nuggets and veggies for dinner tonight.

Chief and I went for a walk.

now Bill is downstairs practicing guitar with a guy he met when he took lessons last year. I tease him that his little friends have come to play. So I have retreated to my room to print some more pictures. Figure maybe I'll try to catch up my 2011 album since I'm on sort of a roll!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Don't be too impressed though....

That is partly because once the pictures are printed, I can just sit in bed and work on it. watch a little TV, and hope the headache I've developed today goes away.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

Oh my good granny it has been a night. Some people really should ease up on the green beer. Seriously.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

Just posting some new stuff from my gallery. Jim finally got busy and got pictures taken of everything.

These are the MUSIC layouts:

Ladies Ensemble - October 2010 By C-leaper

Fall Choir 2010 By C-leaper

And we'll add this one - "The Sound of Music."

The Hills Are Alive... (pg 1) By C-leaper
The Hills Are Alive... (pg 2) By C-leaper
The Hills Are Alive... (pg 3) By C-leaper

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Now a couple of Kim and her best friend Kristin - taken by Ethan just before his 4th birthday.

Friends Are Treasures By C-leaper

Kristin & Kim By C-leaper

And, of course, a few of Ethan in all his boyish glory...

Gene Kelly, Eat Your Heart Out By C-leaper
Mother's Day 2010 By C-leaper
Grasshopper By C-leaper

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Annnnnnd I just realized I posted these on Thursday night, so late that it's actually Friday morning here. So I'll probably repost them after the new thread starts tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics