Username Post: Glimmer Mist Top Coats?        (Topic#1555245)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Anyone ever use these? If you have, what are your thoughts?

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to MommaSaid

I have never heard of these. I am so intrigued.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to PhotobearSam

oh no, not another thing to collect

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to ChansGram

I don't know what they are! I am sure they are good...LOL!!!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Manda_K

Manda doesn't have this?! How can we get it to you for a quick product review?

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to MommaSaid

Do you mean just regular Glimmer Mist or did they come out with a new product?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Smashley

never heard of it...

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to Tina scraps

I saw that at HL the other day. It was a 4 pack...3 were regular Glimmer Mist and the other bottle was a top coat! I don't have Glimmer Mist, but I was intrigued.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Vallee

It comes in a kit. I have one, but haven't used it yet. I will spray a sample in a couple of minutes and report what it does.....

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to HisGEM

Ok, the kit I have, the topcoat color is called silver sugar. I am not sure if each kit has a different color. It is glittery like the other glimmer mist and it is grayish.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to HisGEM

Does it provide a more intense sparkle than your typical dose of GM? If so, I'm kinda glad I skipped adding it to my cart.

It would make me smile to see them come out with a clear version of Glimmer Glam, though. That's kinda along the lines that I was hoping for.

Thank you for sharing with us, HisGEM!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to MommaSaid

Yes, thank you! Hmmm....maybe a trip to HL is in my future?! *consults crystal ball* YEP!

conniewiser
New Kid On the Block
conniewiser
In response to Manda_K

mmm... i didn't think you needed a top coat. I need to check it out! :-)

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to conniewiser

On the black paper, it had an iridescent effect to it. Looked really cool. On the white, it has a little more sparkle.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to conniewiser

• conniewiser Said:

It isn't about NEED! LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • conniewiser Said:

It isn't about NEED! LOL

lol love it!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I also would love for them to make a clear GM.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Scrapsaholic

Dazzling Diamonds, it is clear and sparkly!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Manda_K

I love Dazzling Diamonds! It lightens the color of what you're spraying slightly, but that has never bothered me.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Smashley

I don't love them they are far too light for me.

But they have their place. If you want some shimmer with not a lot of color.. I have bubbles and spring rain I was really not all that impressed with them. Meaning I wish I would have chose different colors.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to planty

I spray DD on almost everything. Fo realz. I have used like 3 bottles of it already.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Manda_K

I STILL wish it were hairspray

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to planty

Okay, so, here's a funny twist.

Two responders have mentioned their love for Dazzling Diamonds. That's the name of the "Top Coat" that I was considering on the Tattered Angels site. They call it a Top Coat.... but it seems it's not exactly that, huh?

So, some of you love Dazzling Diamonds? Good to know and something to consider next time.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! AND, I just noticed that TA DOES in fact sell a clear Glimmer Glam.

....I wonder how much DH loves me....

Edited by MommaSaid on 03-19-11 10:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to MommaSaid

My faves are Pearl for mist and Chandelier for glam! I use both on pretty much everything Chandelier would make a really good top coat.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

This is interesting. The photo of Chandelier at sb.com looks light grey to me, and I consequently zoomed right by it. PLUS, they don't include in the description that it is actually clear. On the TA sight, it's absolutely white AND noted as being clear.

This is why sb.com doesn't get more of the little money I have available every now and then. They don't add information that I find VERY important in the decision making process (ex: the fl. oz in a bottle of Smooch); and occasionally errant product pics. I may be odd, but I like to know exactly what I'm getting before I get it.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to MommaSaid

You aren't odd! I do the same thing, and that is the reason most of my mists and paints are left until I can see them in person

Chandelier really is clear, I agree that it's a bad pic here though. If I want to buy something that is only available online (for me) I check the manufacturer's site to see what they say it's supposed to be first. Works for me 99% of the time!

InspiredBayouDesigns
Resident
InspiredBayouDesigns
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Did I read that correctly - HL has glimmer mist?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to InspiredBayouDesigns

I was actually over at TA's blog looking at the NEW chalks and DD was listed as a Top Coat! I have NO idea it was! LOL!!! I use it all the time!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Manda_K

Okay, that's a cool blog! And now I have an idea of what to do with this pair of jeans once I fit into the next pair.

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to planty

I also have one of the color kits...Adventure...but I haven't used the clear coat. It's called "Walnut Gold" in this kit. Tomorrow's "Make Art Monday" in my world, so I'll play with them and let you know/see.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to AndieBee

I am also really happy with how TA has started to describe their colors on their site. They used to not put the color of shimmer in the discription.

My only wish for now is that they had a converter for old colors to new colors.. I have one that I dearly love called Sandy Beach I'm guessing crushed sea shells is the replacement but I can't tell for sure. Because no stores around here carry GM in stock.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
Okay, so, here's a funny twist.

Two responders have mentioned their love for Dazzling Diamonds. That's the name of the "Top Coat" that I was considering on the Tattered Angels site. They call it a Top Coat.... but it seems it's not exactly that, huh?

So, some of you love Dazzling Diamonds? Good to know and something to consider next time.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! AND, I just noticed that TA DOES in fact sell a clear Glimmer Glam.

....I wonder how much DH loves me....

You could lure him in with "I found some really cheap diamonds for you to buy me! They're under $10!" and see where it goes from there! LOL

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to Smashley

I saw a little kit at HL this weekend and almost bought it. I've wanted to try the black ever since I had a dream about it. Maybe I'll snap it up in Aril when I have a coupon and haven't already spent my scrapping allotment.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics