Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: April Handmade Flower Swap~ FULL        (Topic#1555311)
crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Who doesn't like handmade flowers? I know that I do! I ran this challenge a while back and had a lot of fun with it. I'm going to run it a little differently this go 'round.

The due date for all flowers to be received by me is May 1st.

**Place your flowers in individual bags for each member in your group. Be sure that your screen name and your name are included on each bag. Also be sure that your group is listed on each bag. This makes it easier and quicker for me to swap them out. It also ensures that the receiver can give the proper person credit when they use your flower on a project.

**Don't forget to include a self addressed return mailer with your flowers**

~*~*~ I will pack each package up and weigh them. I will then send those who want to pay return postage via paypal a PM with their total cost for shipping. Anyone who does not wish to pay via paypal, can include the same amount of postage that it cost to mail your flowers, plus 2 extra $0.44 postage stamps. Any unused postage will be mailed back to you.~*~*~

**Make 3 flowers for each person in the group that you are in.** You can make any type of flower that you wish, as long as the main color is the same as the group that you signed up for. Have fun with this swap!

You can make paper posies, roses, ribbon flowers, tulle flowers, folded flowers...anything that you can think of. The sky is the limit with this swap.

Mail all flowers by the deadline to:
Amy Hudson
1164 N 1st St
Carbon Hill, AL 35549

paypal account~ [email protected]

*When seding the payment via paypal, click on send money and then click on "personal" and then choose "other". This will not charge fees to the sender or the receiver*

When I receive all of the flowers, it will take me a day or so to swap them out and get them back in the mail to you. I assure you that I will do this as quickly as possible so that you can get them back and get started using them on those layouts, cards or altered projects.

Please feel free to ask any questions or make any suggestions.

- received

The groups are as follows:

Pink Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Melody
3. Jessie
4. Sandy
5. Alison

Pink Group 2:

1. April (Skittlesab5)
2. Becki
3. Stacey
4. Donna
5. Heather

Red Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Alison
3. Jessie
4. April (Skittlesab5)
5. Becki

Blue Group 1:

1. Hostess
2. Melody
3. Jessie
4. Alison
5. April (Skittlesab5)

White Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Alison
3. Jessie
4. April (Skittlesab5)
5. Becki

Yellow Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Sandy
3. Alison
4. Jessie
5. April (Skittlesab5)

Yellow Group 2:

1. Michelle
2. Kathy
3. Stacey
4. Vivian Lake
5. Heather

Green Group 1:

1. Hostess
2. Alison
3. Jessie
4. April (Skittlesab5)
5. Maryann

Purple Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Jessie
3. Alison
4. Kelly
5. Melody

Purple Group 2:

1. April (Skittlesab5)
2. Becki
3. Stacey
4. Donna
5. Vivian Lake

Black Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Melody
3. Jessie
4. Sandy
5. Alison

Black Group 2:

1. April (Skittlesab5)
2. Kathy
3. Stacey
4. Donna
5. Vivian Lake

Aqua/Teal Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Jessie
3. Alison
4. Maryann
5. April (Skittlesab5)

Orange Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Melody
3. Jessie
4. Alison
5. Kelly

Orange Group 2:

1. April (Skittlesab5)
2. Stacey
3. Vivian Lake
4. Heather
5. Chela

Brown Group 1:

1. Hostess (done)
2. Sandy
3. Alison
4. Jessie
5. April (Skittlesab5)

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to crafty mom of 5

Hi Amy!!
May I have a spot in
Pink 1
Blue 1
Black 1
Orange 1

Thanks!!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to FinallyMama

Hey would I be allowed to join? I will start on them in the morning and mail out as soon as possible!

I would like.
Pink
Blue
Purple
Aqua/teal
Black
Orange

Please and thank you

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089
In response to jessielee

Hi Amy! I would like to have the following:
Pink
yellow
black
brown

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to stretch9089

Melody, Jessie, Sandy...I've got you all added to the groups that you reqested. Thanks for playing and remember to have fun!!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Put me down for a spot in each colour, I have really enjoyed making flowers this month

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to xAlysonex

Hey Amy, do you want to throw me in a spot for the rest of the colors I am loving doing this and have finished 3 of my colors already... thank you

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to jessielee

Alison, Jessie...I've got you both marked for a spot in each color. Thanks for playing!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Can I have purple and orange this time around?

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Kamananui

I've got you down for both, Kelly! Thanks for playing!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

I have my pink and blue ones finished. Working on the black ones, and I need just one more set of the orange ones. I'm on my way!!

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089

Hi ladies!! can I put in a request that all my flowers be smalll ones please! I really want to use them on my layouts.

Thanks Sandy!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

What do you consider small? Like as in a guess on size, just wondering if I am going to have to start over seeing as though I am finished 3 of the colors you are in

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to jessielee

You are gonna love the March flowers that I'm sending to you Sandy. They are all small punched flowers. They are 2 inches or less. I'll keep that in mind for this month too Sandy.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

Pink, Yellow, Brown, and blue complete! Aqua I have one flower left to make for each bunch... next I am on to who the heck knows I have paper all over my table, the other half things I am crazy and I have a box half full of zip lock bags with flowers in them... no wonder why he thinks I am crazy onto red then a break to tidy up....

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to jessielee

Jessie, you are cracking me up! LOL!! You sound like me! You are a flower making machine! You go girl!!

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089

no problem ladies, I know I should have put it out there early on, but about an 1" 1 1/2 flowers are just fine with me and that can be for all of the flower swaps Amy hostess, I am always here for her swaps, but if you have already started that's not a big deal because I know what I get back will be just as beautiful!!
Thanks Amy you must know a little about me!! LOL

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

I am going to say most of mine probably finish in about 1-2" the pink unfortunatly has one larger flower in it is almost 3 but it was too pretty not to give away! Oh PS red is all cut out and ready to be sprayed with water, glues together, rolled and folded and stickled maybe give them a pearl who knows... thats tomorrows endevour for the rest of tonight I am going to sit and relax... the other half told me I had to leave my table alone... what he didnt say was that I couldnt bring my gypsy with me..
I have something like 30 different flower designs on that thing.... guess I will try to come up with some more tonight.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jessielee

Amy, may I have the last spot in the purple group 1, please?? Thanks!!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

I've got you down for it Melody. Thanks!

Sandy, I just got a couple of new flower punches last month and I hadn't really had the chance to play with them. So all of the flowers that I made were with a couple of my punches.

I've already got the yellow ones made. They are only about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches in diameter, but they are puffy. They are carnations.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

You all are making me feel like a slacker. I haven't started yet!

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt

out me in for the aqua/teal! I said red but ya didn't get me on that. So here I am...AQUA/Teal!!!

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to AZscrapnquilt

Can I have 1 spot in each group please.

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to skittlesab5

fast question: can you use altered silk flowers? EX: I buy white flowers take them all apart color them then add paper pieces to them and attach them together with brads or buttons. do those count as handmade or no?

Edited by skittlesab5 on 03-22-11 04:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Amy, can I have the last spot in yellow? Thanks!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

• skittlesab5 Said:
fast question: can you use altered silk flowers? EX: I buy white flowers take them all apart color them then add paper pieces to them and attach them together with brads or buttons. do those count as handmade or no?

Absolutely! I have received some lovely flowers in the past that have silk flowers as a base and paper on top of that. There really are no rules to my swaps. Just have fun with it!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Maryann, there is still plenty of room in the red if you want red. Not that I'm an enabler or anything , but you could have both if you want them. He he he!!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

Oh Amy be honest you are an enabler... so am I. Red is pretty ... do it! Do it!! You know you wanna

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to jessielee

Shhhhhh, Jessie....you're blowing my cover!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Good morning!!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Hi ladies! I'm almost finished with my aqua flowers! It's the first time that I've ever made this type of flower...they're made from dryer sheets!! They look so cool!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hello, everyone. I've created my three prototype flowers, and have now started working on the orange collection.

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to Kamananui

ok I have some done, I don't know how to put pictures into my posts, so there are pics in my gallery.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

April, click on the share anywhere tab on that photo in your gallery that you want to share...then click on the img code and copy and paste the link here.

Your flowers were great!!

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089

Hi ladies! Yeah April that's how I do it but I opens up 2 windows so I can go back and forth, hope that make sense.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I've made all the elements for my orange flowers, so hopefully I can assemble them today.

frndly1
Idol
frndly1
In response to Kamananui

Hello Ladies, I am just about done with this group's flowers.

frndly1
Idol
frndly1

I would like Yellow Grp 2 and black.

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to frndly1

April Handmade flower swap By Skittlesab5 my flowers so far

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

haha you guys are so smart it worked!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Yay, April! You did it!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Kathy, I've got you put down in yellow and black! It's good to have you! Have fun!!

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089

Good Job April!!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

Guess what! Guess what!! I am off to the city this weekend... and that means a trip to michaels which means I am getting my melting pot and UTEE... are you ladies ready to receive some "glass" flowers

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to jessielee

Jessie, I love glass flowers but loathe making them. It ends up being such a hot sticky mess for me. I make them as I need/want them, but I could never make them in bulk. Good luck!!

My orange flowers are done.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Kamananui

Good morning ladies! TGIF!!

I don't have a melting pot, but I do have plenty of UTEE. Maybe I need to get a melting pot too. I agree with Kelly...it always ends up being a yucky mess. I tried making them with my embossing pad, UTEE and my heat embossing gun! What a mess!!

Have a great Friday ladies!!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

I killed my lass melting pot... I have done it before lol.. I love them... I do oil painting and things so really whats another sticky mess... no wonder my craft room floor looks like it does... lol

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to jessielee

I love this place, I learn about new craft things everyday (hubby hates it costs him more money ) LOL. Going to the city this weekend looks like a trip to the craft store to find UTEE and a melting pot!

Edited by skittlesab5 on 03-25-11 06:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Making a start on April flowers this weekend. Will be posting some photos of my march flowers over in the thread later just gotta upload them.

I will keep in mind what Sandy said about size I made a couple of groups for March that are quite big about 3-4in i'd guess.

Just need to decide what flowers i'd like to try for this month then I can get going with them

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to xAlysonex

April, I just love trying new things! My hubby gets upset with me when I say that I got new scrappy things. It shouldn't upset him too much, though...his fishing junk costs more than my scrappy stuff.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Glass flowers sound interesting never seen them.

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to cutencrafty

I agree between all the fishing junk hogging up my basement, and the old car he is remodeling in my garage, he spends more on his "craft supplies" than I do.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

Okay so I went to M's and got my melting pot a new stash of UTEE, a new heat gun, more embossing powder, diamond dust more glossy accents... tomorrow a trip to the scrapbooking store... good thing the other half sent me with his debit card oh and a bone folder and other things lol

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to jessielee

Jessie, that's quite a haul!

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to Kamananui

JCI! I may attempt the ribbon roses again...WISH ME LUCK! oh, and, put me down for green. I know I'm in trouble.

Edited by AZscrapnquilt on 03-25-11 03:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to AZscrapnquilt

I know I am feel so fartin spoiled lol.. but tomorrow's trip to the LSS should do a number on the bank account as well... and I am almost thinking about heading back to M's for a few more alcohol inks... oh flowers when I get home next week... it should be great.. You all are in for a treat!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to jessielee

Maryann, I've got you down for the green group. Are you sure you don't want the red?

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

April, one of my hubby's fishing rods cost $300!! The reels cost between $130 and $150 each!! My scrappy stuff doesn't cost that much! If I spend $150 on scrappy stuff, I've got a lot of stuff to show for it...not just 1 item like him!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Wow, Jessie! I'm officially jealous! He actually gave you his debit card?!?! I'd be in TROUBLE!! LOL!!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Oh, good luck with the ribbon roses, Maryann! You can do it!!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

Gave it to me for a weekend... the only thing that was requested was to bring him home a PS3 I am game thats in the trunk already, I figure I can spend as much as that cost me. There fore I HAVE LOTS OF SHOPPING LEFT TO DO!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to jessielee

Oh my! Girl, I am thinking of lots of goodies that I could buy with that $$$$! Have fun and let us know what kind of scrappy goodness you get!

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

I know right, we live in a small town and the closest city with craft stores is about 60 miles or so away. I can't drive so he has to take me and he goes to Bass Pro shops which is next door to Michael's JoAnn's is just a little bit down the road. So if I spend money on crafty items like he does on fishing and hunting at least I get something pretty from it. EX: I spent $8.00 on some distressing ink and get make something pretty and he spends $15.00 on deer pee just to stink !

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

• skittlesab5 Said:
EX: I spent $8.00 on some distressing ink and get make something pretty and he spends $15.00 on deer pee just to stink !

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

You'd be amazed what buying your other half a ps3 can get you. DH won some money at work in January & that was his gift to himself. He then felt guilty & spent the remainder on a new photo printer, inks & papers for me. Then when my laptop suddenly died on me he bought me a new laptop too!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to xAlysonex

Here are this month's orange flowers. I'll be doing the same style as these in purple too.

Orange flowers for swap By Kamananui

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Kamananui

April, I know the feeling. We live in a tiny town that has only 1 traffic light! LOL!! The nearest Hobby Lobby and Michael's is about 63 miles from my house. So, I don't get to go very often. I don't like to go if I only have a little bit of $$$$$ to spend. I like to go when I have at least $100 to spend...more would be great though!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Kelly, I'm going right now to see if I'm in that orange group with you! I'm crossing my fingers that I am!!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Yay! I am, I am, I am!!!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

A traffic light in the town you live in... wow you are lucky... I am surprised my town even has stop signs...

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to jessielee

Jessie, you are cracking me up!

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

Amy,

I have a Q. If by some chance no one else signs up, there are a couple of groups orange2, purple2, pink2 that I am in alone. Can I join in with the #1 groups? And the black2 there is only 1 other person in that one with me so would I send in for 6 people or just the 1?

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Don't worry, April. I am more than likely going to sign up for a few spots in those groups. This will be a great swap...I will make sure of that.

InspiredBayouDesigns
Resident
InspiredBayouDesigns

I'd like a spot in pink, red, purple, and white. Thank you!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to InspiredBayouDesigns

okay I think I am finished shopping... 423.89 later I am ready to get down to business... SO EXCITED

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to jessielee

Thanks for playing Becki! I've got you down in those groups!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Jessie...You go girl!! Now that's what I call a scrappy shopping spree! Have fun with all of your new goodies!!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

I will... and I accept that that will probably NEVER happen again!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jessielee

For anyone who is interested, I posted my flowers for this swap on my blog. I hope you'll check them out!!
http://melodysmagicalmome nts.blogspot.com/

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Oh Melody! Those are simply beautiful!! I can't wait to see them in real life!!

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

They look fantastic!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to jessielee

Melody, those are beautiful.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Kamananui

They are all beautiful, Alison!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to jessielee

Amy put me down for all spots still open...including black... while my black paper is precious to me the black material I have will work fine for some flowers

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

FYI if you ever need an idea for a new flower to try there is a very extensive list of amazing tutorials in the link under my siggy called Progressive HQ. The flower tuts are in the third post under step 4. I think I've gone all the way through the alphabet to number the tuts and I just added another with the number RR.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Thanks ya'll!! I'm glad you like the flowers!!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Stacey, I've got you down for Pink, yellow, purple, black, and orange. Thanks for playing again this month!

I'm going to check out the flower tuts! Thanks!!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Wow, Stacey! That is a great list of tutorials! I'm going to try several of those!!

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper

Hi!
I would like to join in pink, purple and black!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to dkscrapper

jci there are some beautiful flowers being posted I know exactly what i'm doing for April just need to get the materials & get to work.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to xAlysonex

OK - Hi ladies. So I just found this challenge thru the "let's hear it for boys". I really want to participate - but #1 - I don't really need pink. So no pink group for me. I scrap about my son mostly and if I'm in the picture - so no pink!! LOL.
#2. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to making flowers. But I want to get better. Enable me please. I generally make larger flowers but want to learn how to make smaller ones. Gotta buy punches for that cause sometimes small cuts just don't come out well on the Cricut. I have also hand cut some flowers which have turned out ok. Need more practice with ink, glitter, etc.

So I guess what I'm saying is put me down for the yellow, black and orange (is there one left??)

Thanks and nice "meeting" you all.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Vivian Lake

Welcome Donna and Vivian! Thanks for playing!

Vivian, if you check out the link in Ms.Schweit's siggy (Progressive HQ) there are lots of other links to different tutorials for making flowers. She has put together quite an extensive list of links. I think it is in the 3rd or 4th post in the Progressive HQ link.

Have fun ladies!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

I checked out the Progressive HQ link. Wow-zers!!

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper

Thanks for signing me up! Can't wait to get started.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

• Vivian Lake Said:
I checked out the Progressive HQ link. Wow-zers!!

I said the same thing! I was even dreaming about making flowers! LOL!!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101

Could I have pink and yellow?

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to hvn101

Welcome Heather! Thanks for playing! I've got you down for pink and yellow. Have fun!!

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

ok this may sound dumb but I want to do this right. I am packaging up my flowers and wanted to know, Do I just send in 4 sets for each group I am in? I do not send in a set for myself right? Some hostess's want you to send in a set for yourself to.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

April, there is no need for you to send in the set that you made for yourself...it just costs you more postage.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

So I tackled some glass flowers last night... you all in my white group are in for a treat!

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics