Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: NEW LAYOUTS----APRIL        (Topic#1555997)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. Thanks Terry for hosting March!

If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO CHALLENGES and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say =)

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

May ----- Terry
June----- Anna
July-----???????

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Hi yall! I'm here for another month of wonderful layouts!

Terry, do you really exercise at 9pm? There is no way I could do that! I'd never fall asleep after exercising that late at night!

Jenn, I bet you have a very interesting job. Do you see any good stuff or is it only the bad stuff? I'm not sure I could continue to do business with that lss lady knowing she was involved with drugs. And as someone else posted, that probably explains her higher prices too.

Donna, I know you are excited to see your son. I'm excited for you because I know how I get when I haven't seen my daughter in a long time. I think the longest we have ever gone is three months without seeing each other but we talk, email, and/or text daily. So I hope your time with him is extra special. Enjoy!

I hope to get some scrapping done this month, but not sure I will get much more done this month than I did in March. I only got two layouts done last month but did do a bunch of cards. I've got a lot going on this month with work, family and extended family activities plus trying to do some spring cleaning.

Edited by Anna C on 03-31-11 05:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 03-31-11 05:35 AM
In response to Anna C

I can't wait for APRIL! I'm so sick of the winter weather - we're supposed to get more this weekend with a real messy night tomorrow. AND we're starting the redo of my scrap room (aka den) on Saturday! Woo hoo!

Anna - it's something different every day. Yesterday I went geocaching for a story, which was awesome (I think I've found DH's newest hobby, he'd love that kind of thing). It can also be very dark, like the court stuff, it can stay with you a long time. And it can be frustrating dealing with the public sometimes, I tend to be the last line before people get to my boss, so I deal with a lot of angry people. That's why I try to do something scrappy every night, it's a way to refocus before going to bed and get some of the bad out of my mind before going to sleep.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to J-M

yep Anna I do...sometimes it's just the old exercising like we were taught in gym class plus walking in place. Or like last night I went out to the eliptical and worked out. I don't go to bed until midnight usually so it doesn't seem to bother me.

Thanks Donna!!!! Saw the boldness & I like it...

Hey Jeannie--aren't you going to post your Before & After lo here too? It is gorgeous!

It's my youngest son's birthday today and of course he's not here but in upstate NY working. Need to go email!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Good morning and what a glorious day...should get up to at least 80 today. I may get out and do some yard work...and scrap.
Jenn it sounds like you have to steel yourself like a law officer..a cop...with some of the things I know you must face (dh is in law enforcement). Must be awfully interesting too.
Anna at least you're finding time to make cards...you make great ones. I miss your layouts.
And thanks Terry for asking about my layout.
First I was sick, then waiting to add journaling (which ended up on the back0 and then I decided to wait for April. I also am dropping off another lo, one which I was also waiting to journal on....waiting for a slick writer..can't use my regular scrap pens on those semi glossy surfaces. I've ruined one or two of those diecut thingies with ink that smeared..I have a glossy writer fine tip on order. Anyway here's that lo without journaling. My younger dd used to belong to a makeup forum and this photo and makeup was for a challenge. ...she was 16.

Now and Forever By Dollscrap

Bling it On By Dollscrap

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hey Thanks for hosting this month Donna. I think the bolded rules are a good addition but I bet it won't work for the rude ones. Oh well, it never hurts to try!

So Terry, you only sleep from 12 to 6? That's not long enough at all for me. I've always needed more sleep than most. I feel best after 9 hours of sleep. I sure hope the exercise helps you feel better. So here's a YOU CAN DO IT (Bela Karolyi style) from me.

Jenn, your job sounds interesting with something new everyday.

For those that commented on the title in my Toy Crazy lo, the title is a Jolee's sticker that I outlined in black to make it stand out against the pp. I've had it forever and hadn't used it yet. I originally got it for my granddaughter's pages but thought it would be perfect for the lo of the twins playing at my mom and dad's. The gate is there to keep all the toys from spilling into the dining room and causing a trip.

Anna, yes, Bryce is my son that got married three weeks ago. He went from 6 pounds 8 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long to 6 foot 2 inches tall. You will be seeing the transistion as I work on his 2nd album.

Happy April y'all!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

I wish I could sleep 9 hours. I go to bed late and then read and am usually up by 7 or 7:30. If I go to bed earlier I wake up even earlier. The dogs always wake ME up early to be fed..even if everyone is home and up...it's ME...I must be the alpha b*tch.

Yeah Donna thanks for hosting.

Good luck Terry with the exercise. My husband works out (has for 40 years) at the gym 5 days a week for 3 hours. I am the total opposite..which explains why he bounced back from the flu in two days and I still feel like cr*p. (but better).

Denise..will there be any wedding layouts soon??

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Of course, Jeannie, wedding layouts are coming! It will be a bit though. We are waiting for them to be edited (photographer is an IT for the school district). Last time we talked he was 2/3 of the way through them. When he finsishes them I will have to order them.

Jeannie, I must admit that my sleep patterns have changed drasticly the past three years. It takes longer and longer to fall asleep and then I don't want to get up til noon. I HATE it.

I love your Then and Now lo, its so very pretty!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Jeannie, love the then and now lo! I tend to struggle with using the old photos. I usually scrap the current photos or at least ones within a year or so. But I may have to drag out an old photo of us and get a current one....

By the way Jeannie, what are the new punches you used in your layouts? I didn't see the link in the product section. I really like both of them.

Terry, I went to the Y around 7:30 or 8:00 pm a while back and did my usual routine. Came home and took a shower and it took me forever to go to sleep. But I am not a late nighter, but an early riser. I usually go to the Y first thing after work because if I don't go as soon as I get home, I can find plenty of excuses not to go. I would love to go first thing in the mornings but since I commute to work, it just runs me to short on time to get to work on time.

Jeannie, your dh must be in wonderful shape. I wish I was as discplined as he is!

Denise, I figured that was your son in your profile photo. He's a handsome young man. I look forward to seeing all of your wedding layouts too. You are such a fast scrapper so I know it won't take you long to get his album ready. It will be three years in June since my dd got married and I'm still working on their album. Almost finished with their engagement album and did finish up the honeymoon album in time for their first Christmas but that wedding album is still in the works.

Jenn, I think your line of work sounds very interesting. Think it is too late for a career change for me? I've been in finance for over 30 years so don't think there's time for a redo!

Sorry for rambling today. I'm at work. It is extremely slow and it is raining and cold. Just need to pass the time a bit.

Edited by Anna C on 03-31-11 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Anna..re the punches. I got them both at Ms. The one I used on Now and Forever is this one
Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Cherish, BRAND NEW

Here's the one from Bling it On.
Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Vintage Floral, BRAND NEW

Here is another one you might like...it is the one I was originally looking for..Ms was out of it...I'm getting it next with my coupon.
Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Large Craft Punch Set - Wild Flowers, BRAND NEW

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

ACU and thought since everyone is commenting on exercise I would let you know what I do. On my days off (4 days a week) I exercise from 7-9. I switch up my routine. Every other day I use my Wii Fit Plus the other days I use Jullian Michaels 2010, Susan Powter Burn Fat, Get Fit video, Billy Blanks Tae-bo, and/or Joyce Vedral Speedy Non-stop video. Occasionally I still do the Just Dance 2 on the Wii. I am 5 days away from my 30 pounds in 90 days goal and am only 4 pounds away from reaching it!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, you are awesome, my sincere congratulations! There's NO way I could do that, I have two bad left feet and can't keep up with videos. I am a klutz. lol

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Cheryl..I don't know how to set up the WII but you inspired me so I went to work in the yard til I was too pooped to pop (which didn't take long..weeding in the hot sun ya know)....back here on my butt now.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

On the exercise stuff I also have 2 bad knees and due to last years *fun* stuff, I'm weak weak weak. Need to get back and go even farther in both energy & stamina. I do have the Tae Bo video...I think I'll plug that in tonight. I am in total awe of your accomplishments in the weight loss and exercise area Cheryl--way to go

I love both your LOs Jeannie and those punches--wow! I was working & listening to HSN because MS was on. She's got some cool punches coming out. One in Sept on hsn is a gorgeous snowflake set and she's also now has these "punch anywhere" ones. Coolest thing I've seen...punching in the middle of a 12x12 pp? Amazing...

Can't wait for the wedding lo Denise....

DH is about home & I need to fix supper.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Abby0317

Yay April! I dont know about you ladies but Im ready for some spring!!

of course we got 4" of snow yesterday and Aubrey and I built a snowman. April fools to us!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to HerHighness68

Yay Her Highness is back..love your layouts!

Terry cannot imagine punching in the middle of a 12x12..can't wait to see it.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 03-31-11 05:45 PM
In response to dollscrap

Nah, Anna, there are financial journalists! I just get to make a living being a jack of all trades and master of none! lol

Any idea how big this punch might be? It's about time someone comes out with this kind of thing!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to J-M

Jenn, its a square the size of the larger deep punches. Its two pieces - a top and bottom.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies!
Donna, thanks for hosting and I love your new bold suggestions!..and enjoy the time with your son!
Here's a couple I did this past weekend at my sister's.
Glamour Puss (Dad said!) By Scrapkaty
Pitcher Perfect By Scrapkaty
Punkin Heads By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

Jenn...I'm with you...I'm so sick of winter...especially this year..SO ready for spring...Luckily it's acting like spring FINALLY.. we had blue skies, bright sunshine, and warm temps...and still have a couple feet of snow out there!..but it's melting fast!
Denise...Can't wait to see the wedding layouts!
Cheryl, congrats on your weight loss and good luck on reaching your goal. That's so awesome.
Sarah, welcome back!!
Jeannie...I'm kicking myself for not checking out that punch at the LSS in Berkeley! I was headed down the aisle towards it but then I got distracted by those bins full of clearance items.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

ACU again. Thanks for all the nice comments about my weight loss and exercise. That was my first goal. I have about 20 more pounds to come off and hoping I can get that accomplished in another 3 months. Gotta get to bed, work tomorrow.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Scrapkaty

I just looked it up and this one is the rose/circle punch. Top separates from the bottom which is a magnet that goes under the paper and it won't work unless aligned precisely -- which it about does automatically. Here's a link:(copy into your search eng --don't want to upset the mgmt here at sb:
http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/martha-stewart-crafts -rose...

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
Yay Her Highness is back..love your layouts!

Terry cannot imagine punching in the middle of a 12x12..can't wait to see it.

Thank lady!

I had a busy couple months and had guest designer duties at 2 sites I had to be active on the message boards... and I waited to come back til I had time to comment on everyone's awesome stuffs!

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
I am 5 days away from my 30 pounds in 90 days goal and am only 4 pounds away from reaching it!!

That is FANTASTIC!! You go girl. I bet you feel amazing

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to Scrapkaty

Just finished this layout so I thought I might share it!

Running Carnival By Katgurl72

TFL xxxx

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Katgurl72

Good morning and Happy Friday! Only working 5 hours today then off for 4 days. Yippeeee

Thanks Anna and Katy-I will have a fabulous time =)

Glad ya'll like my "bold"-ness

I'm with Jeannie-wish I got more sleep. I usually go to sleep 11:30-12:00...then up at 6:00am...sometimes 5:00am. I, sniff sniff, miss sleeping =(

Congrats on your weight loss Cheryl-thats awesome!

Welcome back Sarah and Kylie-love your stuff!

For all of you where Spring has sprung-yay for you! Hurricane/rainy season is coming up here and I hate, hate, hate it! Florida has NO drainage so when it rains its like driving thru a river.

Gots to get ready for work-ya'll have a great weekend!

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72

another one to share

Beautiful By Katgurl72

TFL

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Katgurl72

Good morning ladies and Happy Friday!

Thanks Jeannie for the punch names. I am going to check those out. I really like all three of them. I only have a tub of punches now and I know DH will say a few choice words if I get a few more. Oh well.....

Cherly, you go girl! You have really done a wonderful job with your weight loss. I do have one question, how have your changed your eating habits? I have done Weight Watchers before, and it works if you count your points honestly. I lost the weight with them and kept it off for a year but then I gained it all back. I have been going to the Y regularly since the second week of January and I am not seeing the results. While I have not been counting points, I have cut back on the eating but the weight just doesn't seem to be coming off. Anyways, I guess I've still got some serious changes to make!

On another note, my adapter to my laptop has expired. I have ordered a new one from Dell and it won't be here until one day next week. So I will not have access to this site this weekend; however, I will catch up on Monday when I get back here to work. I requested overnight service and would be you believe Dell refused to send it overnight because of the weekend? I couldn't believe it. I told the guy I was paying for and I would at least have it on Monday rather than having to wait the extra days on the postal service. They would not budge. We do not have a local dell dealer here and I will have to travel at least 2 hours to the closest dealer. And right now, I am very tempted to do just that! Not sure I can stand a weekend without my laptop.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Good Friday morning all!
Welcome back, Kylie! Love your "Beautiful" layout!
Oh, Anna! I'm sorry you are going to be computer-less this weekend! I'd be going through withdrawals by this evening! I'm surprised they don't "overnight" it to you since you are paying the shipping!!! I hope you make it thru the weekend!
I'm off to work and hope to do a bit of scrapping on Sunday....have a few pages I have to tweak before posting.
...oh, and Have a great April Fools' Day!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning all...
Glad you came back Sarah & Kylie...

Thank you Donna for doing this month!! Now---Hurricane season? Already??? I have 2 wks before we are going down to Orlando...no no no no hurricanes!!!! Rain...ok....no big stuff please!

Oh Anna--Dell can be a stinker! When I ordered my computer 2 yrs ago I told them to send it "no signature". I live in the country. Absolutely would not budge...so I had to cancel work for 3 days waiting for delivery since they couldn't tell me a specific date. I was mad...

I'd like to know too Cheryl---we are on WW online and it's beginning to work but I'm also on 2 meds that block weight loss so I've got a real fight going on. And any little tip is really gold to me!

BBL...

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Terry, I have been doing some research on this adapter issue. We do have a Radio Shack here in the town I work in and the guy I talked to earlier this morning said he could fix me up with one that would work. I also called Staples and they said they could fix me up too. And Best Buy. I'm hoping Radio Shack will come thru for me after work today. I really don't want to drive the two hours to Staples and Best Buy. Staples isn't as far as Best Buy but if Radio Shack doesn't work then I will be driving until I find one. I cannot stand thinking about my weekend without my laptop!

Wonder why Dell is do difficult to deal with?

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-01-11 07:28 AM
In response to Abby0317

Happy Friday ladies! My scraproom makeover is happening tomorrow, hurray! Got the paint last night. I'll take before and after shots.

Anna, I'd totally be unimpressed with Dell! That's really rotten customer service.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

I'm pregnant so it is really hard to lose weight especially at my age

April fools!

I have been on so many diets in my life that my weight just sticks even when I try to cut back. Anna, you're probably right about more drastic measures needed. It is so hard to change habits.
Anna glad you like those punches..you need 'em. So sorry about your laptop woes.
Here's good customer service...a few days before Christmas my Kindle was broken...I expected to have to wait for a replacement..they were so polite and I had my new one the NEXT day, no shipping no wait no hassle. dell needs a lesson.
We've also had great customer service with Mac.

Katy the Giants lost their first game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!w aaaaa

Terry congrats on winning a rak at the no challenge challenge. Also I watched the video (from the HSN show) and saw how those punches are used..pretty cool..makes one wonder why no one ever thought of that before.

I may scrap a bit today but may not..have had my stuff out for days just sitting there but don't know what to scrap. Tomorrow I'm going to Mom and Dads to continue emptying out the house...busy weekend.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to dollscrap

Aubrey and I woke up all stuffed up this morning.... Happy April fools to us. Hopefully it goes away soon. I have the humidifier going!

Have a couple layouts to drop

My Sweetness By HerHighness68

Tiny Baby Socks By HerHighness68

Groovy birthday By HerHighness68

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

A couple from me:

BOY oh BOY By Rockmom

calculating By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 04-01-11 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-01-11 11:31 AM
In response to rockmom

Hey ladies! I'm so excited, I just found out I won a challenge on another site and will be getting $30 worth of goodies from sb.com! This just made my day

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to J-M

Well yay for Jenn, congratulations. Enjoy!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Congratulations Jenn!!!

Veteran
In response to Scrapkaty

Summer Holidy 2011 By Radar101

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to radar101

ACU on love.

Jenn - Congrats on your win!

Anna - I know how you feel. The fan went out on my laptop and I am getting it replaced. Hopefully will have it back by Tuesday. I am having to use my desktop which I HATE!! At least I can still get on here though.

Weight loss - I have struggled for years and tried numerous diets only to gain the weight back. I eat 1200-1400 calories per day now. When I first started I NEVER went over 1200 calories per day. I exercise 4 days a week for at least an hour. It does take some real dedication to do but it is so worth it. I have gone from wearing a 18W jeans and XL t-shirts to ladies 12 jeans and medium t-shirts. Another trick I have learned is when you are craving something at work, chew some sugar-free gum.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Here's a couple more layouts I did at my sister's last weekend.
Winter time By Scrapkaty
Winter girls...although I haven't put the title on the layout yet By Scrapkaty

and

Happiness is....scrapping away By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

Jenn, congrats on winning those goodies.... you'll have to post a photo of them...and I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your "new and improved" scraproom!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-02-11 03:51 AM
In response to Scrapkaty

I'll take a before pic when we start, I'm so excited about this. The room has just had stuff tossed in it for years now and I've just been using my little table, it'll be so nice to be able to spread out and create a functional space for me and an area where Robbie and DH can join me and play when they want

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to J-M

Good morning and oh what a relief it is! Made the journey to Staples and got a universal adapter and it works perfectly! So when the Dell one shows up it is going back! Hopefully, it won't be a hassle to return it. The one at Staples ended up actually costing about $25 more than the one at Dell's. And if you factor in the gas, it is even more. But you know what? I really don't care because it is so worth it not to be without my laptop! Do I have a sick obsession or what?????

Great layouts everyone! Congrats Jenn!

BTW ACU BBL!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

It is going to be busy today so I'm just di in say hi and I'll come back to leave luvies.

Anna--I'm like you. I'll drive a couple of hours if I need something now or just plain don't want to wait. Glad you're all hooked up now!

Thanks Jeannie--I was really surprised by Mandy and very excited to see what it is. I've never won anything!

Congrats Jenn!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll finally be able to start scrapping Mon or Tues! Yippee!!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-02-11 08:08 AM
In response to Abby0317

I don't blame you one bit, Anna! My last laptop had the blue screen of death, so rather than taking it to the guy to fix, we went out and got another. Luckily they were on sale and it was mother's day weekend, so that ended up being my present. We eventually took the old one off to get repaired and it's still kicking, DH uses it now and it's an upgrade over the antique he had.

Congrats on your win, too, Terry! I'm like you, I never win anything - not even a free donut in roll up the rim - so I'm just bouncing with excitement.

Talked myself down from ordering more scrap stuff online last night. I've spent soooo much lately on scrapcrap! But oh, the stickles...they're soooo pretty...

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to J-M

Hello ladies Happy April

Here's my first layout of April

1st Birthday By Charisma3103

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to Charisma3103

ACU!!!

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to J-M

• J-M Said:
Hey ladies! I'm so excited, I just found out I won a challenge on another site and will be getting $30 worth of goodies from sb.com! This just made my day

whoo hoo! that rocks! Enjoy!

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68

ACU!

Art de Aubrey By HerHighness68

Cry baby cry By HerHighness68

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off a card I made for my MIL's birthday today. She loves to quilt and sew which is what inspired this card along with my new purchase of the SU stamp set Sew Suite.

Buttons - front of card By Cdjohnson

Buttons - inside By Cdjohnson

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks for the love left on my two layouts I posted the other day
I'm just about to finally go leave love on everyone else thats posted, and hopefully after that do some scrapping myself, as the weather here today is cold and threating to rain, so no mowing the lawns for me...YA lol

Have a lovely night/day ladies

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Katgurl72

Congrats to all of the challenge winners!

We've had a wild weather ride today. Sleet, rain, snow, ice, and sunshine. Sure seems more like March weather than April weather.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-02-11 06:18 PM
In response to Anna C

We're getting snow here today, too. Which really strikes me as bizarre because this was Easter weekend last year, and we had 27C weather!

Looks like I'll spend tomorrow scrapping in the living room - my scrap room needs another coat of paint. I'm a little nervous about the colour, it is SO bright, we went with a granny smith apple colour, which looks gorgeous on the paint chip. But this room gets the most light in the house, so if I can go darker on the walls anywhere, it's in there. On the down side, all the stuff from the room is now in my kitchen, and getting to the sink is an impossibility. DH is going to do another coat before bed, but he has to work tomorrow so won't be able to do the trim/move the heavy furniture for me.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to J-M

Sounds exciting Jenn, can't wait to see photos!

Ya'll are getting snow and we are using the AC. It was almost 90 today and very humid. I sure hope y'all warm up soon!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

I'm ACU.
Looking forward to seeing photos of your scraproom, Jenn!
I just spent the day with my sis and brothers boxing up yet MORE stuff! My parents were collectors of collections! ..and there's still lots more to do!
Yesterday so many people came into work commenting on how warm and sunny and gorgeous it was outside...so today, my day off....it's flipping cold and cloudy!! Well, at least they say it is supposed to be sunny tomorrow....I hope!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

JCI this morning before church. I plan on scrapping a little bit this afternoon. I have been asked by my coworkers to make a card for a retirement tea we are having Thursday. I also watched a really cool tutorial the other day for a layout and I am DYING to try my interpretation. Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

I don't understand this new computer..mouse...keyboard...sometimes the screen randomly pops back to what I was doing before...just happened and all the text I had just written not only disappeared which I know how to fix...but the whole page..POOF.gone...grrrr
anyway gettin acu...wanna wish a
Happy Anniversary to Katy and her DH!!
We worked at Dad's house yesterday..still not done...gotta go back up in a couple weeks. But when I got up it was sunny and here at home it is clear and comfortable...not cold or warm...just nice.
Jenn I'll bet you can't wait to get done..love the apple green color..sounds pretty.
Anna glad you got your laptop going again.
Show us your new card Cheryl!!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to dollscrap

Thanks sis! We're going out to dinner, and early dinner as I want to watch the Giants' game.
We just got HDTV and I am AMAZED at the quality of the picture...Can't wait to see the Giants in HD!
I did some scrapping today...placed photos on the layout I made at the Expo....
It is sooo gorgeous outside...I'm wondering WTH I'm doing inside!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

acu mms

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-03-11 04:45 PM
In response to Scrapkaty

Happy anniversary Katy!

I've been scrapping in the living room all day, since my room is still destroyed - and likely will be all week at this rate, DH just found out he has to work OT nearly every day this week. Only day he'll be actually home before next Sunday is Wednesday. Argh! AND we just ran out of paint. Back to the store I go, I guess.

Here's a before pic - please excuse my mess!
Scraproom before pic By J-M
Here's after the first coat - it's still kinda splotchy, so DH is currently doing coat number 2 as I type - and won't have enough paint to go all the way around, which I don't get - it's not that big a room!
Scraproom in progress... By J-M

And here's my work for the past few days! Did six mother's day cards (my mom, one for my son to give my mom, Matt's mom, step-mom, and two grandmothers) and a birthday card for my mom; plus I finished Halloween 2010!
Mother's Day 2 By J-M
Mom 1 - mother's day By J-M
Grammie By J-M
Nanny - mother's day card By J-M
Nanny - mother's day card By J-M
Mother's Day card By J-M
Just Gotta BEE me By J-M
The Loot By J-M
A Bee and a dragon By J-M
Meet Jack By J-M
Trick or Treat By J-M

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to J-M

This layout was a Prima "make and take" done at a recent Expo. All I needed was photos....found 'em!

4.3.93 By Scrapkaty

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning and Happy Monday!

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary Katy!

The sun is shining and could hit 80 today but some kind of front is on the way with temps dropping drastically overnight and could have snow showers by the am! Our weather is so freakin crazy right now!

Here's a card I got made over the weekend. TFL!!

Easter Card By Anna C

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Good Monday morning, all!
Thanks for the anniversary wishes, Anna. Our weather forecast is a bit crazy as well as your's. Today in the 70's...and then cooling down this week for a possibility of more snow later on...WTH??
Jeannie, I hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday!
Jenn, wow...you are busy...remodeling your room and still being able to scrap all those layouts and cards! Multi-tasking aren't ya?
Off to work I go....

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Scrapkaty

Whoaa--been a busy weekend here! Finally CU tho!

Congrats Jenn...it looks like the room is going to be a bright happy place.

Happy Birthday Jeannie! Happy Anniversary Katie!

We had a ball making sausage--very hectic for 4 hrs but so worth the effort! Even the kids got into helping.

We are still having cold but very wet weather. So much so that I pushed back to the end of April my weekend trip to photograph the tulip fields north of Seattle. They haven't even thought of blooming yet!

Take care...bbl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Mornin' y'all!

Happy Birthday Jeannie and Happy Anniversary Katy.

The weatherman is calling for strong storms and temps down to 47 tonight. Sure hope my little garden doesn't get beat to death. It never gets that cold here in April. So strange after 4 weeks of mid to upper 80s.

All the stitching on this one took forever.

Dirty Messy & Adorable By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 04-04-11 08:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Happy Birthday Jeannie! Hope it was a good one!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-04-11 08:49 AM
In response to Anna C

Morning ladies! I realize I owe you all an apology - I totally forgot about the new rules when I posted all those LOs/cards at once. I'm so sorry!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to J-M

Jeannie - Happy Birthday!

Katy - Happy Anniversary!

Tornados in this area and horrible storms all day. It is AWFUL weather today.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Tornados!! I'll preay for your safety!
Thanks for the birthday greetings. Roni asked me what I wanted and I said World Peace and she got me Ben and Jerry's Whirled Peas ice cream.
I'm sorry your project is delayed Jenn.
I just got back from the dentist...he had to shoot me 4 times with the novocain 3rd time hit a nerve...getting a crown put on..he asked if I want gold (it's in front) I told him I want a grill with diamonds.
OK Jenn...we're calling the scrap police on you!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

LOL, whirled peas ice cream! I like that girl of yours!

genni
genni 
Guru
genni
  • genni on 04-04-11 12:25 PM
In response to rockmom

We are in love with you By Genni

It's been awhile.... thanks to such great lo's here to give me some inspiration and motivation! Thank you all for your talent!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-04-11 12:38 PM
In response to genni

Stay safe Cheryl!

I've gotta know - what the heck is whirled peas ice cream? Maybe it's not a flavour available in Canada,I've never seen it?

Jeannie - To answer your question, the futon that goes in that room is navy, and the furniture is cream, with a cream rug, so hopefully that will tone down the bright, bright walls!

I do really like it, though, and I tend to put a lot of framed photos of Robbie in there (inspiration?), so once I get the sheers up I'm sure I'll be really happy. I'm hoping I'll be able to move the furniture back in by Thursday. Good thing, too - we're having chicken burgers for supper because that's all I have room to make with all the stuff from that room sitting in the middle of my kitchen!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to J-M

yummm, chicken burgers!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off the retirement card I was asked to make by my co-workers. I hope they like it. I left plenty of room on the inside for everyone to write something.

Celebrate - Front By Cdjohnson

Celebrate - inside By Cdjohnson

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-05-11 03:26 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Denise, it's a good thing we like them, no room to make anything else! I have a little path to the sink and one to the oven - good thing the fridge is on the way or else I'd be in real trouble!

So hubby was gone last night until almost midnight - which means I got my scrap mojo on!
Trimming Nanny's Tree By J-M
And ours By J-M
Our Angel By J-M
Oh Christmas Tree By J-M

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to J-M

Morning! We made it to 81 (officially at the airport) yesterday and we are having snow as I type this.

Edited by Anna C on 04-05-11 05:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Thanks all for the anniversary wishes!
"Whirled peas" ice cream?? Really, peas in ice cream? Yuck.
Welcome, Genni. That is a beautiful layout!
Wow, Anna! Your weather is going from one extreme to another!...Same with ours!.. It's been beautiful the last couple of days and now they are saying snow by the end of the week.....WTH?
I thought it was spring!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

April showers are on the way.
Katy no peas in the ice cream...lots of other stuff though ...nummy.
Jenn, navy and cream will look great with your pretty apple green.
I think I may want to scrap today.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Tornadoes....OMG I hate those things! Had several when I lived in CO and the damage is mind boggling! Stay safe Cheryl!!!

Welcome Genni--stay & play awhile!

We are having to jump start a bathroom remodel since we found out water is leaking back into the wall from the shower. Not ready for this right now!!

Y'all have a good one...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Ouch, water leaking into a wall, not good.

81 to snow, dang that's hard to take. Sorry.

We had 38 degrees last night and 29% humidity. Wow - no humidity in Houston! What's up with that? Not complaining, love it, its just so strange. My jalapeno plants did not like those cold temps. Sure hope they perk back up.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Yesterday's LOs.
Terrific at two By Rockmom

[ Merry Christmas By Rockmom

Let It Snow By Rockmom

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Cheryl, hope all is well your way!

Terry, good luck with the bathroom remodel!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

This website is sometimes so friggin' slow. This new computer is fast and I do no have this problem anywhere else...yet not everyone experiences the slowness here...sometimes I will click on my gallery and wait almost a minute...same with clicking on layouts to leave comments....frustrating!!!
vent over...for now

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

I find this site to be very slow....I often have problems uploading too. Do you?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Thanks for wishing me to be safe. There was a tornado spotted about 10 miles from my house. Winds were 65 miles per hour. Fortunatel, just a few tree branches down in our yard.

I have been asked to design our bulletin board in the break room at work. Dropping off the project for April.

Bulletin Board By Cdjohnson

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-05-11 06:27 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Hey girls! I finally, FINALLY got that page scrapped that's been driving me nuts. I'm pleased with how it turned out! I've loved this paper since I first saw it
Dear Santa I Believe By J-M

Meet Santa By J-M

the night before Christmas By J-M

Cheryl - I'm sure you'll do a great job - take a pic for us! Any idea what you'll do? Scary stuff about the tornado!

Terry - on the up side, you'll get a brand spanking new bathroom, right? Although it totally sucks to be kind of forced into it

Jeannie - Most of the time the site works okay for me, but there will be the odd time it seems to take forever. They really need to do something

Off to bed in a few, it's 11:30 and hubby is finally, FINALLY home!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to J-M

Jenn - I already made the bulletin board. I added it to my previous post. I was having trouble getting it turned the correct way for viewing. I am ACU2H

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-05-11 07:00 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Oops, I see it now, looks great!

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Abby0317

Jenn! I love that paint color. I always wanted a green kitchen

Jeannie! Happy Birthday

Katy! Happy Anniversary

Cheryl... tornadoes! Yikes! Id be hiding in my basement fo sho! Good thing my scraproom is down there

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68

ACU and dropping off

Let it wave Wy By HerHighness68

Splash time By HerHighness68

I LOVE sticks!! By HerHighness68

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!

Just poppin in to say hiya-will BBL to catch up on leaving love

Had an awesome time with our son and my SIL-lots of food, family, photos and adult beverages =)

Terry-its not hurricane season yet...we've just been having strong storms. Sorry to hear about your bathroom leak. Home repairs-ugh

Love the color of your scraproom Jenn...so bright and cheery-mine is green too

Glad you got your laptop issue worked out Anna. 81 to snow? Craziness!

Congrats to all the challenge winners!

Happy Belated Anniversary Katy-I hope you enjoyed your special day

Happy Belated Birthday Jeannie!Your daughter is a hoot lol

Welcome to the board Gennie

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-06-11 04:36 AM

Ladies, I think I may need to go to scrappers anonymous or something. In the past three weeks, I've killed three bottles of stickles, completely gone through an atg roll and done 26 pages and 7 cards. Either my son needs to come home soon to occupy my time or I need yet another hobby, I think DH is having nightmares my scrapbooks will attack him in his sleep! LOL Yet my darling hubby has agreed to go to the LSS to buy me a new bottle of crystal stickles to get me through until I can get an order in online (which I'll be doing shortly!) Isn't he sweet?

I'm also looking at ordering a tim holtz distress ink pad (or two), but can't decide on a colour. What do you use most? What colour do you think would be most versatile and usable on multiple LOs?

And proof I need some coffee this morning - Sarah, I read your post as "tomatos! Yikes! Id be hiding in my basement fo sho! Good thing my scraproom is down there" - and actually spent a good five minutes thinking you had some kind of tomato phobia and trying to remember who mentioned tomatos in this thread. Off to the coffee machine!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to J-M

Good morning gals!

Sun is shining brightly today and a balmy 29 degrees but gonna warm to the 60s!

Cheryl, ten miles is getting awfully close! Do you have a cellar you and your family can hide in?
Your bulletin board is awesome!

Well, it is a good thing I didn't wait on Dell for my adapter. It ain't here yet!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning everyone! Halfway thru my latte and the day looks brighter already...which is saying something since we are basically having the second coming of Noah here in the NW. But no tornadoes, no humidity, & omg no snow!

Anna--as my DH would say, "don't it just figures"...never ever believe the delivery date! I love my Dell computers but their customer service is in the toilet!

Jenn--your hubby went to the LSS? Holy cow hang on to that one!!! Mine would look at me like I had a trip to the luney bin coming. I would (and have) Tim Holtz's Stormy Sky (denim blue) and both the Vintage & Tea Dyed (dk browns). I use all 3 for inking paper & photo edges. They are my favorites.

This site is always always slow and lately harder and harder to upload. Maybe it is the time of day? Not sure....but it is frustrating!

Thanks Donna---glad you had a great time!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Mornin' y'all!

gone bananas aka Money See, Monkey Do! By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Now don't everybody suck in all the air at once but I don't have any TH Distress Inks. If I did I'd get some brown shades for sure maybe the teastain (don't know the exact name). I'd think it would depend on what colors you scrap with the most.

I use fluid chalks the most and use three shades of brown. I also have red, pink, yellow, green, blue, and purple.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Jenn - if I was going to pick just one Tim Holtz ink it would be Tea Dye.

ACU and having a girl day with my daughter. We are going to Olive Garden and then to the movies to see Red Riding Hood. Hoping to scrap this evening.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Anna..once in awhile slow download but mostly it is going into galleries and waiting for layouts to show up so I can comment.

Good morning all you chatty cathys.

Tornadoes that close!? Thank goodness it got no closer.
Donna so lad you had a great weekend.

Terry the upside of the leak is a new bathroom?? Yes! We need TWO new baths...

Here is my latest for the Apr sketch challenge week 1.
Bubble Wine By Dollscrap

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Another one from yesterday:

Delighted By Rockmom

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics