Username Post: Recommend your Adhesive Tape        (Topic#1557655)
jmp09 
Tenant
  • jmp09 on 05-01-11 01:03 PM

Just purchased one of these from J called "Craft Collection Tombo". THIS THING STINKS... All of my photos/mattes are falling off the page.

Any other recs? Please no on-line purchases, need to get it now.

THANKS!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to jmp09

I love my ATG...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 05-02-11 03:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to jmp09

Another ATG fan here.

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to Luvmyfam

I started scrapping with the same adhesive and my pages came loose-I think its the heat in my small house. I use mostly glue now-Also made by Tombo, I like it because it has 2 applicators and a little goes a long way.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to patchouli2000

Here's another vote for the ATG. You can't go wrong there.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to meezerpleaser

Atg!!!!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to SarahWscraps

ATG all the way.....

Only use the Acid Free Refills for scrapping photos.

I love it.

I gave it to 2 friends who have been scrapping for 10+ years and they say they will never scrap without it.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to PhotobearSam

Creative Memories tape runner works fantastic! I have used it for years. If you know a CM rep. near you you should be able to get it ASAP! Good luck and happy scrapping!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Vintageivy

i bought the pink atg gun for my birthday with the money my hubby gave me to go and get whatever i wanted... i ended up with a atg gun, a stack of dcwv, and a new album all three anyway, i will NEVER again use any other adhesive! i love my atg gun!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to flutterbye0419

Are you referring to this? It's my favorite! One thing I've learned about it that might be causing your problem- it doesn't become truly permanent until you press down hard. I keep a clean cloth on my scrap table and press down all my photos with it once they're perfect. I love that I can make tiny adjustments before I do that. Hopefully that tip helps so you can at least use the rest of the one that you bought!

Cindy

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to cindy312

Another vote for the ATG!

I used to use the AdTech adhesive and all those pages are falling apart now and it's just been a few years.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to MrsSugarBear

Another ATG fan!! I like the acid free tape the best though, I think it's has more stick to it than the non-acid free does. The acid free is more expensive though, yet it lasts such a long time!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Karen3066

ATG!!!!!

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
Are you referring to this? It's my favorite! One thing I've learned about it that might be causing your problem- it doesn't become truly permanent until you press down hard. I keep a clean cloth on my scrap table and press down all my photos with it once they're perfect. I love that I can make tiny adjustments before I do that. Hopefully that tip helps so you can at least use the rest of the one that you bought!

Cindy

I used this stuff when I first started and most of my pages fell apart!! Even brayering it down doesn't help. I had a little bit of this stuff left so I thought I would make a card to use it up and I know that the person wouldn't keep the card. BUT, the card fell apart within two days before I could even get it in an envelope to mail it!!!

Now, I use either my ATG or Gloo by KI Memories. Nothing comes apart with these two.

Glinda - Razzled Scrapper
Expert
Glinda - Razzled Scrapper
In response to cindy312

I have used the tombo for a long time and you have to press your stuff down good. I do notice that on some papers it is harder to stick down, I have even used this to hold metal, BUT for some strange reason the last pack of refills I bought doesn't seem to want to stick no matter how hard or how many times I rub it. I don't know if they started making it somewhere else or changed the formula but I have went through two refills that wont stick.

Another thing there is a blue one and a green one. The green will always be removable so it wont stay stuck. The blue one is permanent. I went checked some of my older stuff and it is still stuck except the pages with glitter on them.

On a happier note I did get an ATG for my birthday this weekend. The only thing i'm having a hard time getting used to it's size.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

I like Tombow and have never had a problem. But, apparantly I am in the minority. I also like my Glue Glider Pro. It's kind of a cheaper version of the ATG. Not sure if the adhesive lasts though because I have only had it for 5 months. But it sure seems to hold when you put it on!

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to Babylou

I use my ATG as well! Also, I really like the red line sticky tape that Jodie sells on her blog. It is awesome stuff!!

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to afilatreau

ATG

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Inloveforlife

ATG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to CommaHolly

I never really coveted an ATG until I read all the replies here. Now I feel like I can't live without one. Think I will take my % off coupon to M's later this week and get one. Thanks for sparking my interest to add to my too big already stash!

jamie.wixson
Veteran
jamie.wixson
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I use Duck Easy Stick. It is sold in a package of 4 at JoAnn Fabrics. It is acid free, and has a great hold. Plus, it is small enough to fit in my tote! Have not tried the ATG yet, as I am pretty satisfied with my current adhesive.

sunnyrc2001
Expert
sunnyrc2001

I think I have to have one of these too.I'm always looking for a great adhesive.I used to use glossy accents for everything & it didn't always work out great.I think I need an ATG....

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to sunnyrc2001

Do NOT use glue sticks! They WILL fail, and your projects WILl fall apart. It is simply not worth it.

As mentioned above, be sure the adhesive is permanent, not repositionable.

I've used the Tombo, and it's been okay.

For years, I used hermafix, dotto. Loved it. THEN... something changed about it, and I was constantly having issues with the refills backing over itself and having to re-thread it. I got so frustrated, I threw the whole thing away!
So, I was trying out different adhesives for a while. If my pages fell apart, I wouldn't know which adhesive it was.

I have the pink ATG now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have the pink ATG. I have at least 75 boxes of sticker adhesives with the little peel off hearts, tons of tombo and other dispenser adhesives.

All I use is my ATG! The size took about 5 minutes to get used to and the first couple times I made lots of glue boogers. Now it is effortless. Bit it took me a couple of layouts to get real comfortable with it. Now I don't use anything else.

chulisnaquis
Resident
chulisnaquis
In response to Henri Jean

Try Kokuyo, I read and heard that is one of the favorites. I just bought the blue one

Tenant
In response to chulisnaquis

I use my pink ATG gun and regular tacky glue (I have the joanns brand right now) I do love the clear tacky glue by aleenes!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to mdowner10

Bought a pink ATG when I had a coupon at Michaels... it looked so big and bulky and I wondered how I would like it. I LOVE it.... watched the youtube video a few times to get it loaded. It is a must have for me. I keep small refillables runners in my tote bag but everyting I do at home uses the ATG. My only regret is that I didn't buy it years ago...

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple

Another vote for the ATG...love mine!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to chulisnaquis

• chulisnaquis Said:
Try Kokuyo, I read and heard that is one of the favorites. I just bought the blue one

I have a 50% off coupon too burning a hole in my hand for this Friday/Saturday. I've got my eye on the pink atg at M's, but what is this kokuyo? Can you post a pic so I'll recognize it if they have it?

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to RockStar

I vote ATG! I've got two of them (pink and the old red one), and yes I use them both. I'm not sure how I got along without them I love them so much.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Coastie Wife

Just bought my first atg! The pink one!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Coastie Wife

Love the ATG, it did take getting use to the size.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dotfree

How do you like it Raquel? It took me a little practice - lots of glue boogers in the beginning but no more. If I go to a crop all day I use a roll of tape a day. If I got to a 2-day crop, its two rolls of tape so I use mine a lot!

I always take an extra roll or two to crops because someone else always runs out and I have a roll I can give to them or sell to them. i buy them in bulk so if i don't get paid for it - doesn't bother me. I just know how frustrating it is to run out of tape in the middle of a crop!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Henri Jean

Well, since you asked, the glue goobers and the getting used to it's size are the very reasons that I'm waiting for YOU to get here Henri, so y'all can teach me the tricks before I go crapping instead of scrapping ... since you did ask how I'm liking it so far LOL!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RockStar

The trick is in releasing the handle and lifting up in one motion when you want the adhesive to stop dispensing.

The size - yes, but it got use to that almost immediately. Most of the mess is from lifting without releasing the trigger or releasing the trigger without lifting in the same motion.

Releasing and lifting in one motions stops the tape cleanly.

eshascreations
Tenant
eshascreations

For my books, I just use plain old Scotch Double sided tape (yellow label one), works good for me for years

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to eshascreations

I've got to put my two cents in here about the ATG... can't believe I waited as long as I did to get one! It's da bomb!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics