Username Post: Clear Stamp Storage        (Topic#1558125)
pigletmg81
Tenant
pigletmg81

I need to find a cheap way to store my clear stamps. I know the binder idea works for a lot of you but how do you hold the stamps on the page? I have lots of clear stamps from CTMH, but I took them out of the packages because I want to see my stamps more then having them in all those little cases. I have other clear stamps from M's and all over that I have added to my collection. I just need to figure out how to have them all in binders maybe and how to have them all on pages where I don't have to pay for those adheisive pages! Any help would be great or any other ideas would be awesome too!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to pigletmg81

I like these. I keep them in a magazine holder.

Advantus - Cropper Hopper - Unmounted Stamp Books - 3 pack

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to amandahugandkiss

I put them in cases sort of like the ones already shown by amandhugandkiss, but then store them in baskets on a shelf, so that I can easily flip through them. Mine are also labled with a label maker on tabs that help me zero in on just what I'm looking for even faster.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to KatieJo

I use these inside a 12x12 D ring scrapbook I picked up on sale for $5.00. With all the different sized pockets I can find something for all my stamps.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Nancy Keslin

empty CD cases I bought on the auction site for like 6 bucks for tons of them,,,,,they're PINK!

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to CommaHolly

I also use empty CD cases

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-07-11 05:09 PM
In response to itsyscrapper

I have some in CD cases ... although I just about destroyed a stamp trying to remove it today, it was stuck so hard to the case! I have some on laminated cardstock ... I had planned to do all my stamps this way but a couple sets of stamps unexpectedly started to react to the laminate material, even though it was supposed to be stamp-safe. I'm liking the idea of those cropper hopper thingies more and more. What are their dimensions?

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to stick

Hmm I will go measure.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

8.5 x 11, and I can get 4 in a standard magazine holder.

They actually hold A LOT of stamps, because you use both sides of the book.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I like those too,,,,a couple of my stamps have stuck to the CD cases a bit harder than I'd like.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Nancy Keslin

• homesclscrapper Said:
I use these inside a 12x12 D ring scrapbook I picked up on sale for $5.00. With all the different sized pockets I can find something for all my stamps.

In agreement, I use different pocket sizes.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-07-11 06:10 PM

• amandahugandkiss Said:
8.5 x 11, and I can get 4 in a standard magazine holder.

They actually hold A LOT of stamps, because you use both sides of the book.

Oh, thank you!! I didn't realize they were that big. Adding them to my wishlist now!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

I like them too because I sort them by theme. All my birthday stamps are in one, all my flowers are in another, birds in a 3rd. I have a weaknes for bird stamps. I have bought stamps sets that are mixed- maybe a birthday sentiment, a flower, a ballon, a flourish....I would never remember which set had which flower, ect. Now I have all my flowers together, so I can see them all at once.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

oh wow, I like those, Amanda,,,,,,that's big,,,,,might just have to get me some! (I have a weakness for bird stamps too!)

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee

Has anyone unmounted any of their older wooden stamps? I watched a youtube video (I am obsessed with yt)about unmounting and then putting ez mount on them. I have tons of wooden stamps but I'm scared to do it!!!

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to Vallee

My name is Vickie and I unmounted.

and.... I love it! I also made a card file system when I unmounted. I put them in cd cases and numbered the cases. I stamped each stamp on a piece of paper cut to size and stamped on a 3x5 index card, put the number of the case on the card, then sorted the cards by theme so I could find them quickly and easily without having to dig through all the cases.

I am in the process of switching them to the SU dvd cases.

ShannaVineyard
Expert
ShannaVineyard
In response to VickieW

I put mine in a photo box. Here's a link to the system I put together. http://mynextthirtyyears.com/sharing-my-newly-orga nized...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ShannaVineyard

oh, I like that idea with the photo boxes! Do you find that they fall off a lot??

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to ShannaVineyard

• ShannaVineyard Said:
I put mine in a photo box. Here's a link to the system I put together. http://mynextthirtyyears.com/sharing-my-newly-orga nized...

Very nice and thanks for sharing! I am not sure where to buy clear contact paper??? Seems like I used to see rolls of it in the stores but now can't remember seeing any. Where did you get yours???

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to wilbur

I'm thinking I might laminate them.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman

• CommaHolly Said:
I'm thinking I might laminate them.

I did a post on my blog last summer showing how I store all my stamps. I unmounted all my rubber stamps (well over 500 stamps). I use a binders to store with an indexing system. It works really well for me since I have close to 1500 stamps now (clear & rubber - and I keep adding for pete's sake!!). Here's a link to the post: Cat's Stamp Storage System

Scroll down about halfway in the post unless you want to see my pictures of camping in the Rockies.

Edited by cat_woman on 05-08-11 09:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cat_woman

hey, I loved the camping pictures

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I scare myself with the rubber stamps,,,

although I've had wonderful clear stamps and fabulous foam mounted stamps (LaBlanche),,,,,,,

I just have a real LOVE for an honest to god old fashioned rubber stamp. I think, in general, they just STAMP better,,,,,I don't need to work as hard to get a good image,,,,,although my papertrey ink clear stamps are pretty dang decent, to be honest.

and right now I have about 100 of the things,,,,,,,

I can't even imagine 500

gimme a few years though,,,,,wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with 500 the way I love them,.

RobinH
RobinH 
Veteran
RobinH

If your clear acrylics are stuck to the back sheet, soak the stamp and sheet with water and it will peel off.

jewelzscrapn
New Kid On the Block
jewelzscrapn

I use a 3-ring binder and put then in page protectors. On the outside I put what type of stamps are in which of the binders like:

Flowers
Baby
Holidays
Animals

Hope this helps.

Jewelz

thekatsmeow
Veteran
thekatsmeow

I unmounted all of my wooden stamps (I think I saw that same youtube video LOL). The only difference is that I had to use white stazon ink to stamp the images on the ezmount foam because I could only find it in black. It's difficult to line up the stamp exactly on the black ezmount but I bought a stampamajig so I don't have to worry about that anymore I save a LOT of space now that they are all unmounted and stored in cd cases. HTH

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

A warning - CD cases can melt acrylic stamps. I put all my Christmas stamps into CD cases and when I went to use one batch like 9 months later, 3 of the expensive ones had melted and were useless, not to mention dribbling goo all over my project.

I found out that some plastics can react when they're put together, and there's no way of telling what CD cases are made of, let alone the secret composition of acrylic stamps.

Now I keep mine in the original packaging. Boring, but I haven't destroyed any that way.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I have mine in a zip up three ring binder on the stamp storage pages. they stick well and even if one comes off being in a zip binder I don't lose them. I have a roldex with each colored binder listed and what stamps are in it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics