Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: NEW LAYOUTS - JULY        (Topic#1560647)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. Thanks Anna for hosting June!

If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO CHALLENGES and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say =)

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

August----Terry

Edited by cdjohnson on 06-30-11 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

It is July! Hi y'all! Thanks for hosting this month Cheryl.

Edited by rockmom on 06-30-11 11:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

182 days of 2011 have gone by and I have finished 163 LOs so far this year. That is 27 a month for 6 months. If I can keep this up then I should get another 163 LOs finished this year making a total of 326 for 2011. Time will tell. Oh btw, there are 183 days left in 2011. Happy scrappin'!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Oh cool! This is the first time I've been the first one to post layouts!

Skeptic? By DNA301
Creative? By DNA301

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Thanks for hosting July Cheryl and thanks for taking care of June Anna!

Congrats on all the lo's so far Denise. Now you got me thinking of Christmas. There are only 177 shopping days left til Christmas!

Speaking of shopping....I've done really well on my scrap diet this year so far. Since January I have only spent $330 on supplies...that is quite a change for me! And out of that, $194 was on Copics. Patting myself on the back...

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Denise, wow, you have done that many layouts so far? And to think I was feeling good about my 50 or so layouts.....LOL

Thanks for hosting Cheryl. I figures you were busy with work.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to Anna C

I'm back this month. Hopefully for the whole month.

I'm spending my birthday scrapping so hopefully i will have few to show off later

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Chantal Miller

Welcome back Chantal.

Anna, I do not have a job or any kids at home and DH works outta the house so he helps get stuff done around here which leaves me a lot of time to scrap. Oh and my LOs are usually clean and simple style so they are not so involved with the glueing process which takes a long time for me.

Way to go Donna. Way to stay true to your decision.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

You are Beautiful By RockmomJust Kate By Rockmom
Kaitlin By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Traveling Companions By Rockmom

Birthday Boy By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Gymnastics Party By Rockmom

Family By Rockmom

Memories By Rockmom

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to rockmom

here are the ones I did today

Me -The midlife crisis stage By Chantal Miller

Born in year of the rabbit By Chantal Miller

My Story By Chantal Miller

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Oh scrap!!!!..I'm already behind!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

We are headed to Fort Bragg to spend the weeked with dd and dsil. Not sure how much computer time I will have but I will catch as soon as I can. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Enjoy, Anna!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Anna, hope you have a wonderful weekend with your dd and dsil!
Welcome back, Chantal! Love your pages!!
It's supposed to be a scorcher this weekend...thank goodness my new back deck is done!..now to go find some new patio furniture...
Hope you all have a wonderful 4th!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Wow Donna..such restraint! I'm proud of you!
Anna..which Fort Bragg??? Have a great time.
Chantal glad to see you and your lovely pages again..Happy Birthday or should I say Scrappy Birthday.
Wow Denise! I've done that many layouts in 3 years. I mean WOW
I have lots of time on my hands too but still...326 layouts by the end of the year is an amazing feat.
Hi Katy have fun patio furniture shoppin'.
We're supposed to have a heat wave the next several days. So I'm heading outside to do yardwork and chores before it gets too hot...and then I will scrap all day. We don't have air conditioning...blech! but the dining room area where I scrap, doesn't get too bad and our bedroom faces East so it only gets the morning sun..the living room gets the afternoon sun and it is miserable there til an hour after the sun goes down...if it gets and stays too hot I'm heading to the ocean for a day...maybe Monday. Who wants to come??? It was 112 here a couple years ago and we took off for Half Moon Bay and it was 72 when we got there!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Here are the pictures of my flower beds that everyone has been waiting to see.

Front flower bed By Cdjohnson

Center flower bed By Cdjohnson

Bird bath and squirrels By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Making an emergency trip to my parents. My dad is in critical condition and emergency heart surgery. They do not have internet so I won't be in contact. Sorry to bug out on y'all but it can't be helped.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Chantal, welcome back~
Cheryl....love the flower beds! Now you can set out and enjoy them! I see you got chairs out and all!
Denise, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I'll keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to Scrapkaty

oh, Denise, you'll be in my thoughts

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

Here is my newest LO ....

Oh the Places you'll go - 012 By Tink-Hildur

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Tink-Hildur

Dear Denise...I hope and pray your dad will be ok.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Denise - Sorry to hear about your dad. I will be praying everything goes well.

I have been laying out in the sun all day and enjoying my new flower beds and listening to the birds. Lazy day for me. May try and get into my scrap room for a bit.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a card I finished tonight.

Daring & Smart By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Denise, I am so sorry to learn about your Dad this morning! I am thinking of you this morning and hope that your Dad is doing ok. Hugs and prayers!

Arrived in Fort Bragg, NC about 8:30 pm after attending wedding #4 (out of 6). Getting tired of weddings now and didn't take the first pic. It is in the mid 90s here with high humidity.

Check back in once I get back home.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. I will be going to church and listening to closing arguments in the Casey Anthony trial.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to cdjohnson

here is my newest LO ... I dont like it and ended up giving up on tweeking it so it would feel more like me ....

Once upon a time - 013 By Tink-Hildur

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to Tink-Hildur

Happy Monday Everyone,

Stephen officially opened the doors to his own business this weekend so I'll be helping him with that... thankfully he set it up so i can work no matter where I am (or that might have been for his own benefit)

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Happy 4th of July!! Hope everyone has a safe holiday.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning all. Hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July wherever you are!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Chantal..congratulations on the new business..hopefully he set it up so you can work and scrap..lol.

My thoughts are with you Denise.

Happy 4th. It's hot. I guess it's supposed to be on the 4th.

I've misplaced my mojo. I've been reading a lot though and watching baseball and working in the yards so maybe I haven't really lost my mojo....I've just got other things to do....more important than scrappin' ??? NEVAH!!!!!

What are everyone's plans? Just me and dh barbeque-ing tri tips..gonna watch baseball later. My youngest brother and his wife got excellent seats at the Giants game today and so it will be fun looking for them on tv..we'll be able to see them behind the right handed batters.

Have a good day everyone no matter what you're up to.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to dollscrap

Happy Fourth of July! Hope everyone has a safe day!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DNA301

Happy 4th of July!

Denise-I will keep your Dad in my prayers that all goes well

I'm at work-got one more hour. So far I've spent more than I made in OT lol. Thats the downside of working when its super slow...I've resorted to online shopping lol. And that was only after I organized all the photos I need to upload to Walgreens to print.

Just gonna have a small bar-b-que with hubby, my son and MIL when I go home. I'm starving so I'm looking forward to it!

I finally got a insy, bitsy bit of mojo back. I sat down to make my son's GF a birthday card and decided to make her a mini scrapbook for her giftcard.

I hope you all have a safe, happy holiday!

P.S.~Speaking of baseball Jeannie-my hubby won two $175 tickets to go see the Rays last week. There was free food and an umlimited mini bar too! I was working so he took my son. The Rays lost but they sure enjoyed the food!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

I just finished this layout this morning....it looked better then....I think it needs something...help!
That is our youngest at age 18 months to 2 years.. asleep on her dresser!...

Wake up Little Sprout By Scrapkaty

Edited by Scrapkaty on 07-04-11 02:08 PM. Reason for edit: Forgot to include the dang layout!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Happy July 4th! I am watching the fireworks in NYC on tv and they are so beautiful! I wish I was there!

Thinking of you Denise!

Edited by Anna C on 07-04-11 06:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Danielleknowsall
Tenant
Danielleknowsall
In response to Anna C

I've really been discovering the awesomeness that is scrapbook.com these last few days and I cant wait to get feedback on my recent work! Posting two of my favorites...

The first is the cover page to my current book I'm working on.
Cover Page

The second is one of my favorite pages from the book

Semi Formal

As you can see BUTTONS are my current addiction!

Danielleknowsall
Tenant
Danielleknowsall
In response to Danielleknowsall

Oops, this is only my third time posting in forums and my first with pictures... I think I did it in the wrong format! Sorry guys

Edited by Danielleknowsall on 07-05-11 02:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

G'morning!

Ahhh...the start of another fun filled week in paradise!

Welcome to the thread Danielle. You may want to enable the public embedding so that people can click on the photo and go right into your gallery. If you click on a layout in your gallery and go to "Edit Image" there is a box you can check that says "Allow Public Embedding".

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning and welcome Danielle!

Here are a few from me:

A Father's Love By Anna C

Spring Time By Anna C

Oh So Happy to Have You By Anna C

Rehearsal By Anna C

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Good morning......
I'm ACU!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

me2

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good evening! ACU and will be back tomorrow night after work.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning! ACU

So...have any of you been following the Casey Anthony trial? Unbelieveable that she got off =(

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hey y'all. Dad is finally out of ICU. They took the mainline IV out and his external pacemaker. He still has one drain tube. What happened is that the surgeon nicked an artery while inserting stints and he beld out into the pericarium and caused his pressure to drop to nothing. They did CPR and took him back to the cath lab and drew the blood off. Then they had to take him to surgery to patch the holes. None of this should have even happened! Very hard on a 79 year old.

Mom is having a hard time she has arthritis and some other issues that make it hard on her to move around. I've been driving her to and from the hospital its 40 minutes one way.

Still don't know long-term prognosis for Dad nor do I know how long I will be here.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, y'all are the best!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Hi Denise..will keep praying for your dad..what an awful thing...thanks goodness they have you.

I am NOT acu but will be....been spending time reading and working in the yard. It has been tres warm here...

Shocked at the verdict....inexplicable...the jury wasn't convinced but most of the country was????...well they have to follow a very specific set of instructions from the judge so they can't consider all the things we can sitting in our chairs...I'm not saying I agree because I'm shocked and dismayed...just trying to figure WTF happened.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Denise - will continue to pray for you and your family.

It makes my blood boil every time I think about the Casey Anthony trial!! What we do have to remember is that the jury only hears what goes on in the courtroom in their presence. They are not privy to all the information we have through the media. I was so upset by the verdict I did not know what to do with myself.

eiramannod
Veteran
eiramannod
In response to cdjohnson

June 6th and a lo done already. I'm sorry to say I'm not acu.

Magic By Eiramannod

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to eiramannod

Denise, I'm glad your Dad is doing better and I'm keeping him in my thoughts...and sending a big hug your way!

I feel the same way about the Anthony trial, Jeannie.....W T F????

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to Scrapkaty

Good Morning Ladies

I had a chance to scrap (while working no less) and I am free today so hopefully I'll get some more pages done.

Denise, I glad to hear your dad's doing better, I'll keep you in my thoughts

I'm ACU again and here's one from me

Disaster Zone By Chantal Miller

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning and acu2h!

I couldn't believe the verdict either. It's another O J situation.

Denise, glad your Dad is doing better. I hope he continues to improve. Hugs to you!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Denise-will continue to pray for you dad. So sorry to hear what he had to go thru on top of what was wrong to bein with.

I didn't follow the trial 24/7 but did from time to time. So if the baby drowned, how did she wind up duct taped in a swamp/pond? That evil piece of trash has to live with what she did-and will not be at peace when its her turn. Karma is a b&*ch.

Congrats on getting your first lo of the month done Eiramannod! You're one up on me lol

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

I think I will probably stay here for a week or two after Dad gets out of the hopital to help my parents. They don't have internet access at home so not gonna be able to check in.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

acu2h

Danielleknowsall
Tenant
Danielleknowsall
In response to rockmom

Dont want to break any rules by posting twice but I absolutely love this new layout. I scraplifted it off youtube and it is my new favorite. It went right up onto my wall when I was finished

18 months By Danielleknowsall

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Prom By Anna C

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

JCI-ACU

Glad to hear you dad is going to be home soon. I hope he recovers swiftly.

Ok...so my scrapfast went out the window this past week

It started with me being bored at work on the 4th of July-what better to do than to shop online? I bought The Best Glue Ever and Embellie Gellie on Ebay...that wasn't so bad.

Then I browsed J's site-I got 2 Tim Holtz paper packs, 1 K&Co paper pack, 5 House Mouse rubber stamps (they are SO cute)and 3 packs of bakery twine.

My cousin had given me these cordial glasses and packed them in this great wooden wine box. I liked the box better than the glasses! I want to alter it...give it a vintage feel. So last night I went on the hunt. I loveeeee Graphic 45's pp. OMG I want it ALL! I found a new site and ordered the Boardwalk and Le Cirque paper packs and a bunch of other single sheets,embellies and tags.

Now I just need to buy some crackle paint to paint my box. Then I should be good for a few months =)

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller

ACU

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Danielle - please feel free to share your work with us. The 2 posting "rule" is back to back with lots of layouts. We want everyone to have a chance to share their work and leave love for each other.

ACU and keeping all 3 grandbabies today.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Haha Donna...I loved reading your scrap shopping list of goodies. I'd forgotten to comment on how lucky you guys won tickets to a ballgame...must've been awesome seats. I never did see my brother and his wife on tv at the Giants game.

As for fireworks, they are against the law in our town..not the towns around us but just ours... because we are unincorporated, we are therefore the stepchild of the County and treated as such. Of course people were setting off the noisy ones anyway which disturbed our yorkie who could not keep still..the vizsla who usually panics slept through the whole thing...in dh's lap.

Cheryl have fun with the dgbs.

I'm scrapping today...got one started.
P.S. got 'er done..edited to add layout
Once Upon a Time By Dollscrap

Edited by dollscrap on 07-08-11 11:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie-Fireworks are illegal down here too...EXCEPT if you are going to use them for farming (I'd like to know how they confirm that). There is a firework stand on every other corner down here...year round. Not just for 4th of July! How crazy is that? Who shoots off fireworks for Easter? Apparently Floridans do lol

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

ACU2H

There is a person with the name Mercys that has sent 151 posts today. I am one of the people she sent a post to. All have to do with finding a man in the USA to love her. I don't know if she is confused and doesn't realize she is sending these messages to WOMEN or what. Is there a way to get this spammer off of this site?

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

That's weird...where's what's her name and her mop? Can you send in a trouble ticket?

Donna?? fireworks for farming???...maybe they replace scarecrows???

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dollscrap

Cheryl I see Megan and her mop already whacked it in the general forums.

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to dollscrap

uhm Donna... Fireworks for farming??

Jeanie... I simply adore that LO

Here's another from me
Project 13 By Chantal Miller

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Good Morning!

Yeah...I don't know what the connection is between firewors and farming. But its definitely a loophole in being able to sell fireworks down here lol I personally would not waste my money on them.

Now paper...thats what I like to waste my money on lol I have SUCH a paper addiction. This weekend I'm going to start to photograph and itemize my scraproom....for insurance purposes, just in case. I can see an insurance adjuster not believing what my supplies are worth. You spent HOW much on paper??? lol

Sorry to hear you were hit on by Spam Woman Cheryl...I hate when that happens

Off to work...its been a LONG 2 weeks. SO looking forward to my weekend =)

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Fireworks are banned in our county too. But I still hear them going off echoing thru the hills...Most likely "out of towners" up for the holiday weekend..It really irritates us locals since we are in the forest. If it starts a forest fire it's our homes and property at stake...

I saw the post in the general forum before it got "mopped"..... WTH? Thank God for Megan and her mop! She does a fantastic job eliminating all the pests and bugs and [email protected]..

Donna, that's a good idea to take photos of all your paper and scrap stuff for insurance purposes... One day I added up all the receipts I've "thrown" into my desk drawer over the last several years to see how much money I've spent on my beloved scrap [email protected]....that's including anything from my Cricut to paper to buttons to ink cartridges for my printer..... You're right the claims adjuster would say "HOW MUCH??"...
...thinking of my beloved scrap [email protected]...I think I'll go scrap...got the house to myself for the morning and all my "chores" are done....

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to Scrapkaty

I wonder if i could do that for my digi stash. My laptop is insured for theft but I never thought about the content. Probably a good idea to find out

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Thank you so much Chantal.

Will they insure a bunch of paper..lol? Let's all measure our pps and cs...if it were stacked up...Including all sizes..I'd guesstimate my pile at 2-3 feet....and I always want MORE.

I woke up before 6 and couldn't go back to sleep. I did a few chores and read the paper (actually reading the paper to me is checking out the baseball pages in the sporting green and scann the headlines on the front page and doing the word jumble and the cryptoquip....oh and reading Dear Abby and one other columnist (when he does't plss me off) and that's it)..

I saw the Octomom on tv (the Morning Show?) and although I still think she's a big weirdo, I was glad to see all those kids are beautiful and happy and healthy...imagine having EIGHT 2 year olds.

I may scrap but I joined too many challenges so have overwhelmed myself and don't know where to begin.

OH here comes the sun...think I'll go outside instead........

Hope you all have a great weekend and get some time for our favorite hobby.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

YEAH....I'm back and ACU too!!! Gorgeous LO's everyone!
Welcome to the new kids too!!!

I only have a minute since friends are dropping in for supper (called 2 hrs ago) but that gave me time to cook.

If you ever get the chance and want the most phenominal vacation where you are pampered, fed beyond belief, and get the see Mother nature at her finest~~~take a cruise to Alaska! WOW just doesn't cover the beauty or the excitement. We saw eagles, bears, deers, salmon, sea otters, harbor seals, and humpback whales and all these no more that 30yrd away from us. And the glaciers...OMG...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post some photos later too.

Denise--I hope all is well with your Dad and I hope your Mom will be ok.
Donna, et al~~ that idiot pyschopathic baby killer should be hanged! Just can't believe they even tried this case without the right evidence. Now even if they get more she can't be tried again. What a mess!
Jeannie~~you were an adorable 2 yr old! What luck that you found those photos!!!

BBL~~~need to go fix the rest of dinner! So good to be home....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - glad you're back!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Glad Megan got that spammer taken care of quickly. It was CREEPY!!

ACU and my weekend to work so no scrapping. :-(

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Terry, welcome home! Sure sounds like you enjoyed your vacation! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning!

Welcome back Terry! So glad you had a good time in Alaska. That trip is on our bucket list but don't see it happening anytime soon. Did you all go with other couples/friends or just the two of you?

I was hit by the spammer too. And Cheryl, yes it was creepy to wake up yesterday morning and find that garbage on my layouts and photos. I sent a ticket before I checked the forum but regarless, it was taken care of pretty quickly.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why a farmer would need fireworks. My Dad has been a dairy farmer for over 50 years and I can't ever recall him using fireworks for anything...not even for pleasure on the 4th!

Here's one from me:

Glamour Gal By Anna C

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Morning all-- well my dinner guests never made it and mostly that would really have me upset but in this case she couldn't get here due to an accident on the bridge over the Columbia. And no alternative route!

Anna--we didn't go with anyone else. But we met several really nice people our age on the cruise and had wonderful dinners with them. And of course there were several people there that you just had to back away from, take a deep breath, and shake your head! One morning I found a table & put me food down and was looking for DH when this man approached me. In a horribly accented English he said he wanted my table. Those were his words. I was puzzled so I asked him if he wanted my table and for me to leave. He nodded yes. What was I to do but leave!! Bizarre...

I'm not for sure but maybe farmers use firecrackers to scare off the birds that eat their crops? To my knowledge it's illegal to use the big ones anywhere except on Indian reservations. Sparklers & little ones are ok here.

Need some help:
my SanDisk memory card for my Nikon D70s is doing something strange. I can see all the photos I took on the viewer on the camera. I was downloading 385 photos and I kept getting a message that it couldn't do this one or that one. Turns out only 197 downloaded and there 188 that won't. I'm using a USB cable from camera to PC. Anyone have any ideas or have this happen?

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Did another one
Hi Terry glad you had a great vacation...sounds wonderful!! I had a run in with a rude old lady on a cruise once..she took my deck chair when I was in the pool WITH MY STUFF ON IT and when I took it back she started telling everyone around the pool what a terrible and disrespectful person I was...loudly. I guess there's one in every crowd.
Sorry about your memory card...I have no skills there so no advice..but just wanna say I hope you get it dealt with cuz that would break my heart.

Five By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

ACU

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to cdjohnson

We met one crazy old bat on a trip around South America. We avoided her like the plague after our first meeting.

She was dirt-old and stringly with missing teeth.

She was the only one at the table where we were directed for lunch. Bill sat next to her and I sat next to Bill. She looked me and said, "You don't have to sit next to each other y'know."

Bill said we've been married for 4 days now and we like to sit next to each other.

She said, "Well that's stupid."

(Did she think we each wanted to sit on opposite sides of her?)

Then my husband said, "I'm Bill and this is my wife Henri. We are from Florida. Where are you from.

She said, "you know, you ask too many questions."

That was all he said to her. The rest of the meal we ignored her and whenever we saw her on the ship we went the other way.

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to Henri Jean

Happy monday everyone... Here's to a productive week

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning and Hi Henri Jean!

So glad you had a good trip Terry. I have found on tour trips there's a weirdo on every bus. I just hope and pray we dont get seated near them!

Back to work this week after being off last week. I ate and slept myself into a frenzie...I will probably fall asleep at work when I can't take my afternoon nap!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Anna C

Good morning Anna - Boo to having to go back to work and Boo to not being able to take a nap.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Henri Jean

Morning all & hi Henri Jean!
I'm doing my happy dance because I recovered all but 8 photos off that card. If you ever have this problem go to cardrecovery.com. For a $40 software download you get this magical piece of software that can even recover deleted or formatted over photos. I was astounded to say the least. Happy happy happy!!!
Now to go sit down & start processing and sorting all those photos....!
Have a good day!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

So glad you were able to recover your photos. Thanks for the tip on the website too. I hope I never need it but I saved it anyway!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Terry - so glad you were able to retrieve your photos!!

Off the next three days and hoping to squeeze in some scrapping between keeping grandkids and taking my daughter to Venture River.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Welcome back Terry!!! Can't wait to see your photos-glad you were able to retreive them. Your cruise sounds amazing! I'd love to go to Alaska-my hubby, not so much. He thinks it'll be too cold.

I got a chuckle out of your "strange people" comments lol How rude of that guy to take your table Terry. Henri Jean-that cracked me up! We haven't encountered any "strange people" on the cruises we have been on. Oh NO....maybe we ARE the "strange people"!!

Welcome to the board Henri Jean!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Donna--that was funny...but you might be right--maybe we all are the weird ones and "those" people are normal. I can just imagine this guy going back to Germany/Austria and telling his pub buds about that highly agitated American and how he spent the whole cruise avoiding her hubby that always made a grisly face at him. Now that makes me laugh!
Alaska's weather right now is really mild. We had mid 50s and misty rain most days. In Aug it can actually get up to the mid 80s.
How's the grandkids Cheryl? Busy time huh?

Hope everyone has a great day!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Terry thanks for the info on that website. One Christmas not too long ago, I made an album for my dad on his Disneyland trip. He loved it and I took pics of him that Christmas as he opened it. He was sitting in a bay window with the sun streaming in and I could tell the photos would be great..took lots of nice photos that day...well I got home and couldn't download them..my dd attempting to help deleted them by mistake. I was bummed...especially since it turned out to be Dad's last Christmas..that was a few years ago. We've since learned why the pics wouldn't load but hundreds of photos have been taken over those and I'm not sure which of 3 memory cards it is but boy I sure would love to at least find out. Those lost pics still bother me. Sooo anyway when I saw that there is a website that can possibly help I was thrilled...but it's been 3 years or so and I'm scared I won't find them. We take hundreds of photos... 40 bucks though..may be worth it.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie--my heart goes out to you! I would try anyway because when I did it I actually had the software recover the delete photos from the tulip trip & even from our April Seaworld trip. I was amazed. You never know & once you purchase it it's yours. I hope that it works and you get those precious shots back!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

It is really hot here today 96 with heat index of 115!! We stayed in to keep cool all day. Here is a picture of me with the 3 grandbabies.

3 grandbabies By Cdjohnson

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl...lovely photo and cute cute kids...you had your hands full for sure.

Terry I may just give that website a whirl..dh is interested too.

Here is my latest ..it's for the Scraplift the Person Before You challenge.
Be Merry By Dollscrap

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to dollscrap

Good morning all. JCI

I'm off to watch HP7.2 today

And I managed scrap some

Girl Power By Chantal Miller

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

acu2h....great photo Cheryl!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Hi y'all. Got Dad back in the hospital. Hope to take him home tomorrow. It has been a long few days and I am looking for a malpractice lawyer so I thought I might just drop by and say hi! Love the LOs. Y'all stay well.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Oh Denise...I hope your Dad is getting better! I bet it has been a long few days. Sending you:

Love the photo Cheryl!!! What cuties they are...

Speaking of grandkids---while we were gone DDIL & little MS Emma came over while the boys mowed the lawn. She tells her mom that she's going to go back into Grandma's office and go thru all the scrapbook paper since she needs more and she's sure she knows what I would give her too and it would be ok! DDIL about fell over!!! I've created a monster but I saw her layouts that she's done all by herself and for a 7 yr old they are awesome!!!!

DH birthday today and I'm off to get things done...

Edited by Abby0317 on 07-13-11 06:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

acu2h

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Denise welcome back. I hope your dad makes a full recovery. I'm so sorry it turned out that you need a malpractice lawyer.

Terry..loved the Emma story. You have created a little scrapmonster...do a layout!

Have you all seen the CHA sneak peeks??? There goes any thought whatsoever (not that there ever really was even one) about cutting back on scrapfinances.

We have cool weather and overcast skies and today, rain...the sun came out for a minute and went back in again. I have ONE morning glory flower..ONE....and my roses suck and the hydrangeas that held such promise are mostly just leaves. The only thing thriving are the impatiens which don't love the sun anyway. What's a gardener to do??? scrap.

GO USA Womens soccer team!!

PS I shared this in one of the challenges and thought you'd all get a kick out of it. Fits me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHBG3ABUJU&a mp;feature=...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

ACU2H

Terry . . . you should post a layout by Emma and let us leave her some love!! I am sure she would love it and, of course, we would not be helping you enable her at all My granddaughter loves to look at the albums I have made of her. I hope one day she will want to scrap with me.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Jeannie--I am so afflicted with that disease!!! In my world, I have to make lists to remember everything, including reading the lists...oh well. I now know Mom wasn't a crazy ole lady!!

Cheryl--that is a great idea. I'll go photograph one tomorrow (I'll put that on the list!). She'll be thrilled. They came over tonight and she left here with about $15 worth of paper, my new pink/white tiny flowers,glue, & Thickers. Now I'm supporting 2 habits!

Yep we are also back in the rain & last night some hail too. Crazy.. right now its avg 58 degrees!

I so need to do a lo...my creative genes are screaming to be let loose!! Argghhh...work, errands, birthdays, cleaning, laundry, and more GO AWAY!!!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Cheryl-you look like a kid in that picture! Then I read it was you-you look great!

Denise-glad that your dad is going home. Good luck with the lawyer-such a shame he had to go thru that

Happy belated birthday to your DH Terry...yesterday was my moms birthday too. She turned 86. Your DGD must be in all her glory when she comes over and is allowed to "go shopping" for scrap stuff! I'd love to see her lo's

Jeannie-I have not yet peeked at CHA's sneak peeks lol. I was so good for sooo long-then in the last 2 weeks I went on a spree! I loveeeee the Graphic 45 pp's I got. I'm going to have a hard time cutting into those for sure lol

Hot and sooo humid here lately. Its like walking outside into a steamroom. Yuck.

Have a great day!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics