Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: VCW 228: Mojo, Mojo, Wherefore Art Thou Mojo?        (Topic#1561423)
BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.
And we miss some of our old friends too!!!!

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

Okay, now that I've started the thread, it is time for me to invoke my power of turning water into coffee....

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

been looking for a place to chat and meet new friend!just started back scrapping
infact i did 1 lo and some cards a couple of days ago and just finish a new one today

sweet angel By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 07-16-11 01:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to tealbrand

Welcome Mel! This thread doesn't seem to move as fast as it used to, but we're all here and enjoy a good chat! Some of us are here during the day, others are here during the night either because it's daytime for them or they're...er...I'm a night owl. Welcome aboard!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

thank maria
are you scrapping today i might do something
thinking about some cards or something will ckeck back later

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena
In response to tealbrand

G.morning. Well almost afternoon in my neck of the woods. This sounds like a nice place to stop by and chat for a bit, meet new friends and just have some fun! =D

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cheena

welcome elizabeth i just join too

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to tealbrand

Hi here I am ... Ive been spending the entire weekend in-front of the computer and taking little walks with Gabriella ....

Finally finished the page ....

My aunt wouldn't let me have the original so I got this scan from her ... its not very good but at least I got the photo ....

Untitled - 015 By Tink-Hildur

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 07-17-11 12:53 PM
In response to Tink-Hildur

Hello Ladies!Ria thanks for this thread.
My dughter & I went to Scrapbook Expo yesterday.
She doesn't scrap but she found some jewelry items.I bought some bling embellies and a Fancy
Pants sheet of Glitter Cuts for a lo I'm going to do of my gf from Canada.
Hope everyon has a great Sunday & gets lots of scrapping done.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Bev1

Hello new people and welcome.

I'm here when I can be. Recently moved so still trying to get settled in.

Here's so info about me.

I'm 30 years old
A mom to a 6 year old girl and 4 year old boy
A mom to 2 fur babies a 3 year old dog named Duchess (Name she came with) and a 15 week old kitten named Princess (My daughter named her).
A wife
A preschool teacher
A college student
At the moment a van driver for a camp but that ends very shortly (YAY!!!)
A scrapbooker
A card maker
A writer
I'm teaching myself to sew. I just recently made my DD a shirt for her 18inch doll, Tin. Next is napkins for my mom for Christmas.
I make candles and would love to start making soap.
I love to cook and bake.

I just got my own craft room which I call the Creative ??? I'm still working on the name, corner, cave, room, loft I just don't like.

I think that's it about me. I always said when my kids went to school my life would slow down. I totally lied and it's going by faster than ever.

Love the LO Tink!!!

Edited by foltzy on 07-17-11 06:58 PM. Reason for edit: I forgot some stuff so went back to edit

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
thank maria
are you scrapping today i might do something
thinking about some cards or something will ckeck back later

Not scrapping, at least not yet. I work nights for McDonald's, and overnights Fridays and Saturdays. I worked only till midnight last night, but my body thought I should've been up all night. So I was. I ended up taking a longer nap after church than I wanted. So hopefully, after dinner, I can scrap a little.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Welcome, Cheena! We are glad to see both familiar and new faces around here!

Here's a little information about me....

My name is Maria but I go by Ria online, and a few people call me Ria IRL. They call me "Miss B" at work. I don't mind.

I am a self-professed "technodiva." I love computers and technology and am very slowly working on a degree in computer science from the local community college.

I'm 38 years old and full blood Mexican, or "Messican," as my daughter says. I have two children. Jordan, or Jory as I call him, is 13 years old and his baby sister Elizabeth, or Lizzie, is 8. They are currently not with me right now but they will be soon.

I am owned by a mischievous orange tiger cat named Max. He turned a year old May 27, and is just as mischievous as he can be. He and my kids are my favorite subjects to scrap.

I am called "The Queen of Bling," along with Tink-Hildur, because I love bling and use it on almost every page or project I do. We have a large Bling Court full of Bling Princesses. Lizzie is a Bling Princess-in-training. I have also been nicknamed "Jedi Master Bling" by another friend.

I am the co-creator for the group Cricuts Creating, so 99% of my projects are made with the Cricut or have Cricut cuts on them, even cards.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Lizzie says some crazy things though and I call them "Lizzie-isms." She was so excited when I saw her Tuesday, she ran into the room and announced, "Momma! Momma! I can read my Bible all by myself! I'm reading the chapter of Luke!" And later, she said, "My friend keeps calling me 'Lizzie'!" I told her that was her nickname and her family and lots of her friends would call her "Lizzie." My mom calls her "Liz."

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Ria I wanted to tell you my crazy kitten has hidden her collar. I'm in shock and can't find it. I think the bell got to her too.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

i think i been to everyone place to ckeck out profile feel free to visit my place and look around

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to foltzy

please post as pic when u put your stuff in it
the room look awesome

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Ria I wanted to tell you my crazy kitten has hidden her collar. I'm in shock and can't find it. I think the bell got to her too.

We still can't find Max' collar. Somehow he got it off, and hid it from me. He's been a "naked whisker" for a couple of weeks now.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
please post as pic when u put your stuff in it
the room look awesome

Who?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning..

Ah, I go and leave you on your own a few days and see what happens?? LOL

Tink your layouts are wonderful!!

Welcome new friends!

Liz, can't wait to see what you do with your own room. I know, I'm sorta thinking on the "name" thing too. I'm thinking once I actually have the space, it will come to me. Certainly won't be a cubby any more.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to leebla

good morning ...
So I have done nothing this morning .... how lazy can I be ... so I started vacuuming and cleaning a little bit ... better have the house clean before the nurse gets her .... don't want her to think we are pigs ...

But Im here at my desk ... wow love this MY DESK ... how weird is it that I have lived with DH and since he moved in I have never had my place ... and now I have ... 15 years later ... but now Im not giving up my place .... love to able to work on a page and walk away ... then when ever I have a few minutes sit down again ...

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hi Ladies!

Hello Newbies! It's always nice to see new faces.

I actually got to my craft room this weekend. I joined a handmade flower swap and I made some flowers for it. I thought a swap might be nice to get me crafting. I've also been working on some scarves. I made one for my Grammer (my Mom's mom) for Christmas and now I'm working on one for myself. Next is one for my Step Mom. I might have to take a little break though, my carpal tunnel is acting up. It doesn't usually bother me, but when I crochet it hurts.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to DesiLee

how insane is it that I needed to order replacement blades for my cutter from the superstore and then I just HAD to get more glimmer mist ... a few bottles of it ... hey I'm not going to pay more for shipping than the stuff ... that's why I bought a few extra items ...
no one in Iceland carries replacement blades for any cutters ... insane ...

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

foltzy new home

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

that really suck!
but you got some awesome goodies also

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Tink-Hildur Said:
how insane is it that I needed to order replacement blades for my cutter from the superstore and then I just HAD to get more glimmer mist ... a few bottles of it ... hey I'm not going to pay more for shipping than the stuff ... that's why I bought a few extra items ...
no one in Iceland carries replacement blades for any cutters ... insane ...

well, I don't think it's insane yuo added Glimmer Mist to make it worth the shipping, but it stinks you can't buy it in Iceland

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

whew! I'm tired already.
I had to watch Jamie this morning, not realizing my daughter would also be watching a rather rambunctious 5 year old! Whew!

I'm hiding in my room the rest of the day for sure!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to leebla

shipping anything here is insanely expensive ... so I added a few things .... but by the time I pay for customs in Iceland I will have payed twice the price at the superstore or more ....
so I added 3 packs of the glimmer mist ... each of them have 4 bottles ... I have like 7 of them here but I don't have these colors ... and then I added refills for the inks I have since I haven't been able to get those here either ....

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Tink, thought about you when I bought at the store today.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I was going through a box of old stuff last night and came across this. I had printed it out almost 10 years ago because I thought it was hysterical. I posted this as a note on FB, but not all of y'all are on my FB list. So here it is here:

How to Wrap a Present With Help From a Cat

1. Clear a large space on the table for wrapping the present.

2. Go to the closet and retrieve the bag with the present, and close the door.

3. Open door and remove the cat from the closet.

4. Go to the cabinet and get the rolls of wrapping paper you will need.

5. Go back and remove the cat from the cabinet.

6. Go to the drawer and get the tape, ribbons, scissors, labels, etc. that you will need.

7. Lay out present and wrapping materials on the table, to enable wrapping strategy to be formed.

8. Go back to the drawer to get string, and remove the cat that has been in the drawer since the last visit, and get the string.

9. Remove present from the bag.

10. Remove the cat from the bag.

11. Open the box to check the present, remove the cat from the box and replace the present.

12. Lay out the paper to enable cutting to size

13. Cut the paper to size, trying to keep the cutting line straight.

14. Throw away the first sheet bwecause the cat tried to chase the scissors and tore the paper.

15. Cut the second sheet of paper to size by putting the cat in the bag the present came out of.

16. Place present on cut-to-size paper.

17. Lift up the edges of the paper to seal in present, wonder why the edges don't reach, and find the cat between the present and the paper. Remove the cat and retry.

18. Place object on the paper, to hold it in place, while cutting the tape.

19. Spend the next 20 minutes carefully trying to remove the tape from the cat with a pair of nail scissors.

20. Seal paper down with tape, making the corners as neat as possible.

21. Look for the roll of ribbon; chase the cat down the hall and retrieve the ribbon.

22. Try to wrap the present with the ribbon in a two-directional turn.

23. Re-roll up ribbon and remove the paper that is now torn, due to cat's enthusiasm in chasing the ribbon's end.

24. Repeat steps 12-22 until down to last sheet of paper.

25. Decide to skip steps 12-16 in order to save time and reduce the risk of losing the last sheet of paper.

26. Retrieve old cardboard box that you know is the right size for the sheet of paper.

27. Put the present in the box, and tie it down with string.

28. Remove the string, open the box, and remove the cat.

29. Put all the packing materials in the bag with the present and head for a lockable room.

30. Once inside the room, lock the door and start to re-lay out packing materials.

31. Remove the cat from the box, unlock the door, put cat outside the door, close the door, and re-lock it.

32. Lay out last sheet of paper. (Admittedly, this is difficult in the small area of the bathroom, but try your best!)

33. Seal the box, wrap it with paper, and start the repairs by very carefully sealing down the tears with tape.

34. Now tie it up with ribbon and decorate it with bows to hide the worst affected areas.

35. Label the box, then sit back and admire your handiwork, contratulating yourself on making good of a bad job.

36. Unlock the door and go to the kitchen to make yourself a drink and feed the cat.

37. Spend the next 15 minutes looking for the cat before coming to the obvious conclusion.

38. Unwrap the present, untie the box, and remove the cat.

39. Retrieve all of the discarded sheets of wrapping paper, feed the cat, and retire to a lockable room for a last attempt, making certain you are alone and that the door is locked.

40. At the time of handing over the present, smile sweetly at the receiver's face, as they try and hide their contempt at being handed such a badly wrapped present.

41. Swear to yourself that next year, you will get the store to just wrap the present for you.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

i laugh so my eyes are water

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to tealbrand

Yeah one of these days I want to get up there and work on the room. I've actually done a few projects up there but I would like it clean and everything put away.

I do need more storage options though.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

Okay, so I didn't do much of anything around my house the rest of today, other than fix dinner. I did however sit down and finish assembling another "mini-book". It's not finished per se. It's a travel album, and I wanted it put together before we go on our trip next week so I can take it with us. My goal is to do some journaling, collect some momentos, etc while we are gone. Then the only thing I will have to do when we get home is print out some pictures and add them. Who knows. If I get the opportunity to hit a WM or something while we are gone, I might just print some then!!
I'm so tired of playing catch up in my scrapping. It would be fun to put this one together right when we get back and have it to show off!!

Instead of taking a workshop at Archiver's, which would mean driving an hour up and an hour back, I ordered the kit online and completed it at home. Maybe not as social, but just as satisfying.
Products Referenced in This Post:

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Ria - that's funny tyfs! I had a funny one about giving a cat a bath. If I find it I'll post it.

Elizabeth- I'm thinking about doing something like that when we go to Maine next month. I'm trying to decide if I want to get one of those smash books or if I want to make something myself. It'd be nice to journal while on the trip so it's all fresh.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to DesiLee

I take my laptop and journal every night for 5 or 10 minutes.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to Henri Jean

I would do that Henri, but my laptop is pretty much dead. It takes me foreeeever to try to do anything on it. I'm definitely taking a little notebook though, I'll just have to journal by hand instead of typing.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DesiLee

and we are traveling on a motorcycle, so luggage must be kept to a minimum. And two of the nights we will have no electricity.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to leebla

I have travelled by motorcycle (my ex-husband had a touring bike) and so I know about keeping things to a minimum.

My husband and I don't understand the concept of travelling light. We need to learn! When we took the 75 day around the world trip it was ridiculous. We always take 2 computers and all the paraphanalia that goes with them but on this one we didn't know where all we would be going or the temps, knew we would be on a cruise ship part of the time but the rest on planes - we had no destinations or schedules for the planes.

In Italy Bill decided we should have cruise t-shirts so we had 100 made and in addition to 2 hurge suitcases, computer bag (very heavy with 2 laptops), purse, duffel, a smaller suitcase wtih cruise ship formal clothes and shoes) and a backpack with two air mattresses and blankets in it for the planes, we had a couple huge boxes of t-shirts. (We fly military aircraft and often they are cargo planes which mean we set up air mattresses and blankets on the floor of the plane and sleep. They look like old hippie communies inside the planes where all the people have set up little sleeping camps everywhere. Hard to walk to the bathrooms for all the people sleeping on the floor of the plane on their air mattresses.)

Military aircraft are not that concerned about carryons - basically, take what you can manage. So always, the computer bag, a big food bag for Bil which also has our Sudoku games and other things and my camera and his binoculars, all prescrip meds like his blood pressure med and any jewelry I'm taking. Sometimes we take a cooler on the plane and put regular stuff in it (not ice and drinks) so we have it where we are going. Not a huge one, but decent sized. And I carry my plastic scrapbook holder on all planes now with my memorabilia and new papers.

For check-in on military we can have 2 suitcase of 70 pounds each - which is 280 pounds between us!

The worst we did - my husband bought a 90 pound Segway in Hawaii (not sure why, he had 2 at home). It couldn't weigh over 70 pound per piece and had to be boxed so He put one huge tire in each suitcase and dissasembled the entire 90 pound Segway and then had one box that weighed 70 pounds for the main assembly of it.

I hit the ceiling at the terminal when he opened my suitcase and put a nasy old Segway tire in with my clothes. We barely got the suitcase zipped back.

I think our packing light days are over! But we need to get better.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

look like it going to be a awesome book
cannot wait to see it......love mini book and album period

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

WOW in a good way but it sound like fun!
i love your travel lo!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

well I started out today with a cleaning goal, but then had something come up that necessitated a whole lot of online time. Then of coarse I got wrapped up in my games and such. Although I have accomplished some important things as well.
Now I am finding the notion of cleaning less than desirable! LOL

I have decided to wait 20 more minutes until my son gets home, then I am going to challenge him. His work done before my work done. that'll fire ME up, probably not him.

The reward to myself will be scrappy goodness time.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh golly gee DARN!!!!!!!!!

Hubby needs me to run over to the BMW dealer and pick up new brake shoes for his bike so he can change them before our vacation!

I guess I won't be able to clean yet anyhow!
Gee whiz!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

I'm sure you're heartbroken! lol.

Been a busy day here at work. I can't wait until tonight, we're going to my Grandma's for crabs!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to DesiLee

yum love me some crab
which one king crab or maryland i love both

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

finish this today while i was peeping and posting in the gallery and at my favorite online store
QVC

boo 2 U By Tealbrand

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Hi ladies. Sorry I always forget to subscribe to the new thread.
It's HOT here. 47C (117f) with the humidex hot. Swimming pool and a/c = me.
I'm past 7 weeks pregnant now. Still not really letting myself get excited though...
My car got broken into this morning. Nothing taken except spare keys so now we have to chnage our locks.
I haven't been scrapbooking. I totally lost my mojo. I guess after my cat died and I had that bleeding. Sigh.

Ok I'm gonna read back a little and see what I've missed.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to leebla

Hi tealbrand. Very nice halloween LO.

Desi I love crab too.

Elizabeth I like your new avatar. Too bad you can't clean. Shucks. Good job on another mini. Good idea to journal your vaca.
Sounds like a crazy day with Jamie and a 5 yr old.

Lol Henri jean at the dirty tire in with your clothes.

Lol ria about wrapping presents with a cat.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to bcblondie

thank susy

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Oh golly gee DARN!!!!!!!!!

Hubby needs me to run over to the BMW dealer and pick up new brake shoes for his bike so he can change them before our vacation!

I guess I won't be able to clean yet anyhow!
Gee whiz!

Man, I just hate it when that happens!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

yeah, it was terrible.
And then, the detour on the road to the dealer took me right by the craft store! Yeesh!

I was good though. I really didn't go nutty on the scrappy stuff. tape runner refill. glue stick. couple pieces of paper.

I got a metal wall hanging to go with my new love of Demadco Embellish-It magnets and a shadow box to work on a project with my dad's military flag and uniform pins/

also stopped at WM and Tuesday Morning...
didn't see the storage box I wanted...so didn't buy any
didn't buy really cute little girl clothes, cause I'm sure I'll find a lot more before November when my little princess arrives
Didn't buy any more scrap stuff
didn't buy....anything else.

Well, pond chemicals...but I don't think that counts.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to leebla

Bought a 5" Xyron today. Was at a crop and it appealed to me so I bought it. I had a 40% of coupon at HL and I needed it for a layout.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I have the X (150), the 2.5" (250), and the 9" (900) and I love them!!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Maryland crabs and they were yummy!

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 07-19-11 05:44 PM

I love my little X.I use it often for ribbon, small letters & numbers plus small embellies.Enjoy, you'll get alot of use from it.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Bev1

My mom called tonight, and told me some amazing news. A young mother got valves from my brother's heart, another person received one of his kidneys and a lung, still another got his corneas, and the hospital used much of his skin for skin grafts.

It's still hard, but it was a blessing nonetheless. Steven was so much like our daddy, he would give you the shift off his back if you needed it. Donating his organs is exactly what he would've wanted.

For the newbies, I lost my older brother three weeks ago. He had a stroke and passed away so suddenly no one saw it coming. My mom donated his organs. At the memorial service, the organ donation people provided cards with Steven's picture on the front and Bible verses on the back. They also provided bracelets, those rubber ones that everyone is wearing. These are green and say "Donate Life" on them in English, and "Done Vida" I think in Spanish. (If it is Spanish, it's pronounced "DOH-nay VEE-duh.")

Jory is still wearing his bracelet in honor of his beloved Uncle Steve. Lizzie will get hers next week, it fell out of the bag and she never got it. But I do have one for her. I have to stretch mine, because I have thicker wrists, but I am wearing one.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
and we are traveling on a motorcycle, so luggage must be kept to a minimum. And two of the nights we will have no electricity.

ELizabeth,

Have you made of the Amy Tangerine albums yet? She seems to bring a small one with a pen, adhesive, date stamp, stapler, washi tape with her in a pouch and journal and scrap as she goes. Of course some of her pix look like they are the Fuji Instax.

That camera looks like fun for extra photos.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
  • leebla Said:

ELizabeth,

Have you made of the Amy Tangerine albums yet? She seems to bring a small one with a pen, adhesive, date stamp, stapler, washi tape with her in a pouch and journal and scrap as she goes. Of course some of her pix look like they are the Fuji Instax.

That camera looks like fun for extra photos.

Not in her true style yet.
Did you see she paired with American Crafts and is releasing one already assembled?

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to bcblondie

Susy - take care in that heat and humidity. No break in the Peg.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I'm melting here!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to NMlady

Joy, I feel your pain. I truly do. For once though I am very glad I don't live even as far as Toledo. Because while our high is predicted to be 92* today and 95* tomorrow, Toledo is supposed to be 100* tomorrow.

Currently, at 7 AM, we are at 74* with 85% humidity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

mmmmm yeah.....
I gave myself one hour to sit here and enjoy a cup of tea and catch up online before I attack my list

cleaning house and this heat and humidity...ick....think I'm breaking down and turning the air on for a while.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

i have that bad boy and i need some refill

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to DesiLee

i love them maryland are the best

maryland crab By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 07-20-11 05:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• BlingQueenRia Said:
My mom called tonight, and told me some amazing news. A young mother got valves from my brother's heart, another person received one of his kidneys and a lung, still another got his corneas, and the hospital used much of his skin for skin grafts.

It's still hard, but it was a blessing nonetheless. Steven was so much like our daddy, he would give you the shift off his back if you needed it. Donating his organs is exactly what he would've wanted.

For the newbies, I lost my older brother three weeks ago. He had a stroke and passed away so suddenly no one saw it coming. My mom donated his organs. At the memorial service, the organ donation people provided cards with Steven's picture on the front and Bible verses on the back. They also provided bracelets, those rubber ones that everyone is wearing. These are green and say "Donate Life" on them in English, and "Done Vida" I think in Spanish. (If it is Spanish, it's pronounced "DOH-nay VEE-duh.")

Jory is still wearing his bracelet in honor of his beloved Uncle Steve. Lizzie will get hers next week, it fell out of the bag and she never got it. But I do have one for her. I have to stretch mine, because I have thicker wrists, but I am wearing one.

ss to hear this and it was a beautiful things your mom did too donate his organs

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I'm melting here!

girlfriend it so hot here in texas u can hardly breath outside it been 100 and something since last week and no rain in the forecast

Edited by tealbrand on 07-20-11 05:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

i post something in my blog in my place
and if you do itune and apple online PLEASE read it!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to tealbrand

Hi ladies!

My wrists are killing me. I've been working on some crochet scarves for Christmas gifts and some crochet flowers for a swap I'm doing. I think I may have to take a break from it.

I am sooo tired today. I think it may be the heat and humidity. I feel like I could sleep for a week. I'm going to try to make myself go to the gym though, I haven't been all week.

Friday I'm going to spend the night at my best friend's house. We are going to start watching the Harry Potter movies from the beginning. What we don't watch Friday night we'll watch on Saturday. Then, when we're done, we're going to go see the new one! I'm pretty excited.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to DesiLee

We didn't get up until around 11:00 this morning but we like to sleep in. It was just a little later than usual. I need to start lunch soon.

It's hot here but I don't go out much when its hot. Maybe out back to the pool. Did have lunch with scrap friends yesterday and then to a short crop at HL. Mostly I shopped. I mean, how much can you accmplish at a crop in an hour and a half? Takes that long to drag your stuff out.

I doubt I'll go outside today or tomorrow other than to the pool. Then lunch with a scrap friend on Friday.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DesiLee

3rd load of laundry in
flowers watered and birdbaths cleaned
kitchen scrubbed and swept
micro, stove, frig, and sink scoured
living room cleaned
hallway vaccumed
zach's/jamie's room picked up and swept
main bathroom scrubbed

did I earn a sit-down-for-a-minute??

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

H*ll yea!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

thank you Mel

I needed it

can't sit too long though, or I won't get back up and finish. Some of the last things on my list are sitting at the computer to accomplish some things so I'll be back!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to leebla

Wanted to scrap today. Work just got in the way - got to show houses!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
  • NMlady Said:
I'm melting here!

girlfriend it so hot here in texas u can hardly breath outside it been 100 and something since last week and no rain in the forecast

Do y'all have humidity down there? I'm up in Kansas City and it's been close to 100 for a week, but with the heat index and humidity it feels like 110+.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Actual temperature as of right this second is 98 degrees with a "wind chill" of 102. Feels hotter than that. I used the phrase "wind chill" to make it sound colder...yep...didn't work.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

okay,

steps vaccumed
landing picked up
landing, hallway, and bedroom vaccumed
upstairs bath scrubbed and swept
trash emptied
I have almost reached the end of the house-cleaning part of my list

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

okay, we almost never run our central air
usually our house stays pretty cool without it
but today, especially with me running around like a crazy person cleaning, it is on. And I am still sweating, and stinking, like a pig!!!

I have one quick outside chore to get done, and I am going to go do it right now so I can take a shower!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to leebla

Been out showing houses. All vacant houses and none were air conditioned! I'm sweaty sticky. At least my husband went with me and helped. So much safer.

Now they are out riding their bikes and I got pictures to scrap. Guess we will all go in the pool when they get back. I'm ready now!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
  • NMlady Said:
I'm melting here!

We're in the same boat and my swamp cooler just doesnt' seem to be pusihg the cool air out. Called and left a vm for my landlord.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to NMlady

Are Abby and the baby somewhere cool?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

okay, the rest of my list for today is:

-shower
-make dinner
-fold last load of clothes

-pack
-review job postings for this week
-plan routes for trip

also have clean my desk and start clean up and sorting scrap stuff

I'm running out of time

Some might have to go on my list for tomorrow

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

It's 100 degrees outside and 92 degrees inside my house.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Are Abby and the baby somewhere cool?

They're up in the northern part of the state so it is a bit cooler and I'm sure they have refrigerated air at the other grandparents house. Her apt here is cooler than my house so I'm may go spend more time there. But that would mean leaving my dog at my mom's because you can't have dogs at her complex.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to NMlady

Whew!!!!!!!!!!
It's like Christmas!
A big box came today and it had a bunch of the free stuff I ordered with my scrapbook cc points!!
Some stuff I don't remember ordering, but that's okay. It didn't cost me anything but the points.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
okay, the rest of my list for today is:

-shower
-make dinner
-fold last load of clothes

-pack
-review job postings for this week
-plan routes for trip

also have clean my desk and start clean up and sorting scrap stuff

I'm running out of time

Some might have to go on my list for tomorrow

okay, well, I made it as far as shower, dinner, fold clothes, then Bill requested my help in the basement, and then it was too late to do much else. So that is my list for starting today, and I need to add

-check on my grandmother
-run to WM

not sure what else.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Whew!!!!!!!!!!
It's like Christmas!
A big box came today and it had a bunch of the free stuff I ordered with my scrapbook cc points!!
Some stuff I don't remember ordering, but that's okay. It didn't cost me anything but the points.

love getting goodies that you forgot you order and FREE 2

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

good morning girlfriends

not doing anything but looking after my sweet Aaliyah she here for a couple of days she my avatar!she turn 1 last month and she is a hand ful just posting and looking in the gallery!cannot wait to get my new visa card i need and want to go scrap shopping

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tealbrand

Good morning. Okay - its almost noon. We just finished a light lunch. None of us do real mornings here.

Going to try to get my Cave Springs Cowboy Camp layout ready for crop next Tuesday and She at the villages. Will be a short crop but would like to get 3 or 4 pages done.

Awesome thing - I had the brochure from the Cowboy camp but it was picked up in an outside information box and weather a bit - and not acid free of course.

I got it any way and then found the entire brochure from the National Park site online and printed it. I will take the photos off of it but I was able to copy paste the verbage so I will only use what I want and add other information from other sites. Too perfect and I won't have to type anything fresh, just do a lot of editing! So easy!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Hi ladies. Hows everyone today? We're doing pretty good. Bit cooler this morning.

Henri jean, clever to print the brochure. Hope you get lots done at the crop.

Tealbrand thanks for the love in my gallery. I love your avatar. What a cutie.

Elizabeth yay unexpected packages!!
Good job gettin stuff done.

RIa lol windchill. Nice try.
That's amazing news that your brother was able to help so many people with his organ donations.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to bcblondie

Susy, I tried!

Yeah, it doesn't make it any easier dealing with Steven's death. However, it is a blessing that so many peoples' lives were saved or their quality of life was greatly improved thanks to his gift. He was such a giving person, just like our father, that donating his organs was exactly what he would've wanted, I know it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Holy cow...I just spent the last hour filling out an online job application for a job that would be soooooooooo totally awesome to get. First time in a long time I'm actually crossing my fingers!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to leebla

Good luck! Keep us posted!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Wishing you the best of luck! I'll cross my fingers for you.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

good luck
crossing fingers and toes

the ring!coming soon
i have a wedding band inwhich i still love!

good friday morning girlfriends it morning here in texas nothing plan except dinner and a movie night will ckeck back later heading 2 the gallery!

Edited by tealbrand on 07-22-11 04:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tealbrand

That ring is gorgeous!!!!!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

thank henri

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

thanks girls.
It could be a cool job. it could be a pain.
But I'm still kind of hoping. Not getting too excited though because applications have been open a while andtraining starts Sept 1, so it could be a while before I hear anything, or I could hear nothing at all.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

all right. Less than 24 hours from now I am climbing on the back of hubby's motorcycle to leave for a one week trip. Get to see my bestie best best sister-friend on Monday!!! Sooooooo excited. Twice in one year!!!!!

I have waaaayyyy too much stuff to do today to be sitting here. But I have no energy to do it. Seriously. And last night, nothing got done, because I ended up sitting in ER most of the night with my daughter.
She called me just before 8:00PM and said her aunt was taking her to ER because she hit her head, only she doesn't remember hitting her head, but she was with her aunt when she did it. She had a terrible headache that was getting worse, and felt like she had pressure building behind her eyes. So I went up there....being the wonderful mom that I am.

Jenni would appreciate this if she were ever still here, being a mom and having worked in a hospital, but....

Managed to get there right at the same time as a horrible car accident, requiring life-flight helicoptor which meant big delays. Hospital apparently changed computer systems less than a month ago and it is all flubbed up and there average wait time has sky-rocketed. New ER doc (experienced doc, but his first night in our ER)

Nutshell....
8:00 arrived
9:00 PA saw her and said mild concussion, but since she was reporting pain increasing was going to do CT and get her a shot of pain meds
10:35 her pain has increased significantly
10:40 I go out to see when she's going to get the pain meds and the CT - they realize that when the PA put the order in, it didn't get transferred to nursing or CT, and PA has gone home!!!!!
10:45 They tell me they just took someone for a CT so it could be awhile
11:00 I hear doctor ask them how in the heck a screening chest/pelvic CT got pushed ahead of a head brain CT!
11:15 she goes for CT scan
11:30 she gets pain meds
12:00 they come tell us CT is having trouble sending her images to a radiologist to be read
2:00 they tell us the report just came back and doc is in with another patient, but he will look at it and be right in
2:20 doc comes in to talk to us and tells us CT is normal and since there is no headache, no loss of alertness or memory or anything it's....

HOLD THE PHONE....we told the PA, she doesn't remember hitting her head, she was woozy and dizzy, she had a horrible headache before they gave her a shot of morphine, that's why we're here...and he says...he's really sorry, but the computer is frozen and he can't see her chart...so all that being said, yes she has a mild concussion.

2:45 the doc and the nurses are fighting with the computer to try to print out her discharge instructions and are about to handwrite them when someone finally gets it to work.

3 AM we come home

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Elizabeth,

Hope everything is alright.

Enjoy the bike ride and say hi to Liz when you see her.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Wow Elizabeth, what a night! I'm glad your daughter is okay, I hope she's feeling better. I'll keep my fingers crossed about the job, I hope you get it!

Tonight I'm going to my best friend's for a Harry Potter movie marathon. I'm pretty excited, even if it means I'm a big nerd! lol. Tomorrow we're going to finish the movies we didn't get through tonight and then go watch the new one.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics