Username Post: OPEN - ALL NEW BIRTHDAY CARD SWAP        (Topic#1561561)
Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to kj.etienne

jci....

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Good norming ladies. It's finally Friday. What an exhausting week it has been for me. I can't wait to just relax over the weekend.

I got to keep my sweet grandbaby last night while her mommy and daddy went out. It was great fun. I love to be with her. She is just the sweetest baby ever.

I was just recently in an ATC swap on the Fiskers site and it was so much fun. For those of you who don't know what an ATC is, it is a small card (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) made of very thick card stock. Usually 2 or 3 pieces glues together. The card is decorated as to the requirements. Our swap was an ABC 123 swap. I chose the letter J so my cards were all "Just a Note". I had to make 36 card all identical and send to the hostess. She in turn sorted all of them and shipped them out to us. I received 36 cards of all different designs. It was soooooo fun to see all the wonderful talent. I will try to post a few pictures of some of them. I was wondering if any of you ladies would be interested in making ATC cards. At least we wouldn't have to make 36 of them. There aren't that many of us in this swap. LOL Just let me know if you think you would like to try it.

Veteran
In response to penny9271

checking in...Going to a scrapbooking weekend.So excited ....It's always so much fun.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to penny9271

• penny9271 Said:

I was just recently in an ATC swap on the Fiskers site and it was so much fun. For those of you who don't know what an ATC is, it is a small card (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) made of very thick card stock. Usually 2 or 3 pieces glues together. The card is decorated as to the requirements. Our swap was an ABC 123 swap. I chose the letter J so my cards were all "Just a Note". I had to make 36 card all identical and send to the hostess. She in turn sorted all of them and shipped them out to us. I received 36 cards of all different designs. It was soooooo fun to see all the wonderful talent. I will try to post a few pictures of some of them. I was wondering if any of you ladies would be interested in making ATC cards. At least we wouldn't have to make 36 of them. There aren't that many of us in this swap. LOL Just let me know if you think you would like to try it.

I've never made one but will be willing to try.

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110

I would LOVE to be in an ATC swap. I work at a school and I have my students making them for art. They love them. Each time we do them we use a different technique. One time they will cut pictures out of magazines, one time they will use water color paints, etc. It is so much fun!

conpit52
Veteran
conpit52
In response to s_healy1110

Hello everyone sorry I havent been on in awhile I have been very busy with work and the kids with school lol no excuse though. Penny I hope your mom feels better soon she will be in our prayers.

I would love to do a ATC swap I do not really know what one is but it sounds really fun. Have a great night everyone I will be sending out November cards soon.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to conpit52

Everyone!

Did everyone have a good weekend?

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 10-24-11 05:48 AM
In response to Ariwass

Morning everyone !

Penny I was wondering if you ever got your birthday card I sent you ? I hope it got there okay

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 10-24-11 09:49 AM
In response to vani

jci

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to vani

• vani Said:
Morning everyone !

Penny I was wondering if you ever got your birthday card I sent you ? I hope it got there okay

Vani - I did get it. Thank you so much.

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to penny9271

I'll be sending out emails concerning the ATC swap in the next few days. If each of you will please let me know if you are interested or not then I will know how many cards to tell you to make. I will also send you a picture of a few of the ones I received so you will know exactly what an ATC is. Please do not feel bad if you do not have the time or the energy to do this. I realize that we all live busy lives. But, for those of you that would like to, I will be sure to give you plenty of time to complete them. It really shouldn't be that difficult for us since there are not that many any us in the swap. After making 36 of them, this should be a breeze. Talk soon.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to penny9271

Hi Penny!

I am interested in the ATC swap but I would like to get more info etc. on it. Please send out an email to me though!

cmkage
cmkage 
Expert
cmkage
In response to penny9271

I think I'd be interested, though truth be told, I am not really sure what ATC are. I mean, I have seen pictures of them, of course, but what do you use them for?

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to cmkage

• cmkage Said:
I think I'd be interested, though truth be told, I am not really sure what ATC are. I mean, I have seen pictures of them, of course, but what do you use them for?

Hey ladies! I had no idea what an ATC was either but want to join the swap as well. So I just went on YouTube and found loads of videos in reference to ATC's (Artist Trading Card). This should be fun!!!

penny9271
Expert
penny9271

Ladies, you don't really use them for anything. They are just very small cards you make. It is just fun to see all the different creativeness that comes from everybody. I guess you could make a scrapbook with them if you wanted. I've made some pictures of the ones that I received and I'm composing an email today. Check your inbox today.

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110
In response to penny9271

ATCs have to be 2.5" x 3.5" but they can be what ever you want them to be. There are only two rules. 1. The size and 2. They can not be sold.

Here are some that I have made.

Alice in Wonderland ATCs By S_healy1110

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Great cards! I'm looking forward to trying this!

cmkage
cmkage 
Expert
cmkage
In response to penny9271

Thanks for clearing that up. I think I'd definitely put them in a scrapbook, maybe even use them as page candy in a LO. I replied to your e-mail, btw.

conpit52
Veteran
conpit52
In response to cmkage

I am up for a ATC swap sounds like fun How is everyone doing today Have a great night.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to conpit52

• conpit52 Said:
I am up for a ATC swap sounds like fun How is everyone doing today Have a great night.

Hi Connie!

conpit52
Veteran
conpit52

Hello Hope your having a great night Pebblesh

penny9271
Expert
penny9271

So far there are 11 of us in the ATC swap. I haven't heard from everybody yet. I will give everyone until Sunday night to let me know. On Monday I will let everybody know how many of us are in for ATC's.

Have a great Wednesday!!!!

msonia
msonia 
Resident
msonia
In response to penny9271

Can't wait to start

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to msonia

Can't wait to start too!

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 10-26-11 10:45 PM
In response to Ariwass

Hi everyone ! I'm going to pass on the ATC's right now . I have signed up for a lot of swaps and can't get addicted to anything else at the moment I have never made ATC's before , I'll live to stop by and see what you guys have come up with

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to vani

I totally understand that Vani. I got myself in that situation over the summer. I didn't know if I was coming or going. Finally I just had to put a stop to the madness. We hope you will join us at a later time.

conpit52
Veteran
conpit52
In response to penny9271

Hi everyone have a great night I'm going to make dinner clean the house then make some cards have a wonderful day tomorrow

shtale
shtale 
Tenant
shtale
In response to conpit52

Hello everyone...i will also have to pass up this ATC swap...just have too much going on at the same time...my new little stampin up business, my work, 2 kids, my husbnad...LOL

Penny, im searching for the email you sent us for the addresses for this swap...i cant seem to find it...do you think you could send me another one? Thanks...i know i had it...but maybe i deleted it by mistake!!! Thanks
Chantal

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to shtale

I also received cards from Arianna and TexLady. I will go back and check who else I may have left off.

Thanks Ladies and I am so sorry that I am late posting them. Please know that I love every card and have seen so many different techniques and beautiful cards - lots of ideas too.

msonia
msonia 
Resident
msonia
In response to Sassy Suzi

JCI... my November card is going postal tomorrow

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to msonia

Hoping to join in the fun - even though my birthday is in September and I missed - no big deal.... I like making as much as receiving if not more.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to msonia

• msonia Said:
JCI... my November card is going postal tomorrow

ditto!

penny9271
Expert
penny9271

Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm sending the email again to everyone with the names, addresses and birth dates. Seems a few were deleted.

Also, everyone please give a warm welcome to Samantha Budiselich (SamScrap). She is our newest member to the birthday swap.

Welcome Sam!!!!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to penny9271

Welcome Sam!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Sam!

Welcome and Happy Halloween!

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to Ariwass

For those of you who have joined in the ATC swap, there will be 11 of us. Due to me by Nov. 30th. Have fun!!!

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 10-31-11 10:00 AM
In response to penny9271

JCI...shtale how exciting i just join the Stampin up family myself!!!

cmkage
cmkage 
Expert
cmkage
In response to 6ta

Just finished up the birthday card for November. Since tomorrow is a holiday in Germany, I'll mail it on Wednesday.

msonia
msonia 
Resident
msonia
In response to cmkage

Welcome Sam !

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to msonia

Thanks all! I'm so glad to be here. I was very active a few years ago with a site that went out of business. I've been depressed ever since. Looking forward to getting back in the swing of swaps connecting with fellow card makers/scrapbookers.

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to SamScrap

BTW - I LOVE ATCs! I'll jump on that ship next time around. I have a small collection of around 350 - and need to add some more!

Edited by SamScrap on 10-31-11 05:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to SamScrap

I think I would be in over my head if I did the ATC's right now... but I'll try to catch it again next time around.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to SamScrap

• SamScrap Said:
BTW - I LOVE ATCs! I'll jump on that ship next time around. I have a small collection of around 350 - and need to add some more!

Hi Sam,

Omg 350 ATC's!! You are holding out on us. We would love to see some of them. Please post some when you have time.

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to SamScrap

Well Sam, we are very happy to have you join our little family.

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to Ariwass

oh I'll be glad to post some ATCs! As soon as I get home tonight! I'm at work now. thanks for having me!

Edited by SamScrap on 11-01-11 10:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to SamScrap

ATCs By SamScrap

Thanks! I did it!

Edited by SamScrap on 11-02-11 05:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to SamScrap

Hi Sam!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to SamScrap

• SamScrap Said:
Just added to my gallery a few of my ATCs. If I can figure out how to add the pic here or a link - I will...... I hate being a newbie...

Hey Sam!
You can link a pic here by clicking on the "Link/Embed Image" tab on the left side of your pic. When the little window opens up, select "IMG CODE" then you can copy and paste the code here.
I hope this helps.

Veteran

checking in.....

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to SHARON ELISE

Good morning ladies. A beautiful day it is here in the good ole natural state (Arkansas).

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to penny9271

Okay ladies, here's the next question for you. Are you married? If so, for how long and do you have any children?

I have been married to the same wonderful man for 28 years. We have 2 beautiful daughers that are 24. Their picture can be seen here:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/60/603 947/phill...

And of course you can see my beautiful grandchild in the picture with me.

Please feel free to ask any questions you would like to.

msonia
msonia 
Resident
msonia
In response to penny9271

Hey, I am married, for 3 years now , but I have been with my husband for 12 years, going on 13. I have 2 children, a 5 year old boy and a 23 month old baby girl

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to msonia

I will celebrate my 25th (I can't believe it!) later this year. We only have fur-babies. 2 male cats named Ping and Pong. We were high school sweethearts. He is my best friend.

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 11-02-11 05:24 PM
In response to SamScrap

Hi everyone

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to vani

Good morning ladies!
My November card went postal yesterday. Hope you like it Cathy!

cmkage
cmkage 
Expert
cmkage
In response to penny9271

I'm 26 and not married... sadly, I've been single for a very long time now.

On another subject, I've decided on a design for my ATCs today. I hope I won't have to make more than 12 though, since I wouldn't have enough paper to make them all the same.

alilstrand
Resident
alilstrand
In response to cmkage

Hi everybody! Welcome, Sam!!

I'm married and we have 2 daughters. We've been together 3 years, and will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on the 7th!

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110
In response to alilstrand

Hey everyone. Just checking in! I am not married. Me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost 2 years. Hopefully marriage isn't to far off in my future! lol

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 11-04-11 05:21 AM

Forgot to answer the question

I've been married 7 years and i have one awesome son !

conpit52
Veteran
conpit52
In response to vani

JCI how is everyone doing sorry so long sense I checked in last MY 2 year old daughter has tonsillitis so my full attention has been on her.

Welcome SamScrap

I am Engaged to a wonderful man we have been together for 3 years and between the two of us we have 5 girls yep all girls it's so much fun we out number him big time.

Have a wonderful day ladies it might be a few more days before I can get on again we dont know if there going to try and get my daughter in for surgery or not I find out tomorrow it just worries me because she is only 2 and surgery is a big thing anymore it seems like. Sorry to vent have a wonderful day ladies and my November card will be going out this week when I can get to the post office.

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to conpit52

Thanks for the warm welcomes! November (Cathy) is in the mailbox and will go out tomorrow morning!

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to SamScrap

I am single. I married in 1968. Lost him in VIETNAM 11 mths later. Helicopter pilot.

Had lots of offers. Did not take anyone up on it. Don't know why. I am still friends with 8 guys I lived with in the past. One as long as 15 yrs. We are both glad we did not find it necessary to get into the legal entanglements. I beleive in all things marriage stand for, I just feel you don't have to bond with a legal entanglement.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to texlady

Married 6 years to my sweetie. I have 2 daughters, he has 1 daughter, step daughter & son, and we now have a 16 year old (grand)daughter, we adopted his granddaughter. My oldest is adopting a baby that is due in March, praying all still goes well.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Sassy Suzi

Finished my ATC's!!! That was fun!
Penny, are we going to keep that swap going each month with a different theme?

penny9271
Expert
penny9271

• Pebblesh Said:

I do not believe I will have the time or the energy to keep up with ATC's on a monthly basis, but I will try to do them every few months.

How everybody is doing well on this Monday morning.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to penny9271

• penny9271 Said:
  • Pebblesh Said:

I do not believe I will have the time or the energy to keep up with ATC's on a monthly basis, but I will try to do them every few months.

How everybody is doing well on this Monday morning.

That's understandable Penny...if you want, I can host for you the months that you're not up to it. Have a great Monday!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Ladies!

Happy Monday! By Ariwass

Veteran
In response to Ariwass

HAPPY MONDAY! MY HUSBAND & I HAVE BEEN MARRIED 36 YEARS TODAY! WE HAVE 4 BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERS & 8 BEAUTIFUL GRANDKIDS.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to SHARON ELISE

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband Sharon!

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 11-07-11 11:43 AM

jci

alilstrand
Resident
alilstrand
In response to 6ta

Happy (belated) Anniversary, Sharon! We have the same date

Connie, hang in there. I know how difficult the hospital can be when it's your baby. My oldest daughter swallowed a bobby pin last year. She's fine now, but boy, what a fiasco...

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to 6ta

Hey ladies!

I have been married to my husband for about 3.5 years now! We have two little boys already... one is 2.5 years old (honeymoon baby!) and one is 10 months old. We got married on July 4th! Lol, I'm super patriotic and LOVE fireworks!

Happy Anniversary yesterday to Sharon!

penny9271
Expert
penny9271

Oh Sharon, that is fabulous. Happy late anniversary. That is a long time. You should be very proud.

For those of you that are in the ATC swap, please just remember to have fun with it. If they are not all identical, then it doesn't matter. I did all of mine with the same theme and embellies, but the papers are different colors. Believe me, nobody is keeping score. This is supposed to be a fun thing. Don't let it stress you out.

Hope everybody is having a great week.

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 11-09-11 09:02 AM
In response to penny9271

Hi everyone !

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to vani

Hi Vani!

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap

Penny - thank you so much for the beautiful welcome card - that was super sweet and very unexpected!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to SamScrap

I want to also thank you Penny for the "just because" card I received today....it was sooooo cute! Thanks again!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to vani

Hi, ladies:

I wanted to join this group and had planned to start with November cards. Am I too late to start?

Kim

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to jaspernonyx

Thank you Penny for that adorable card.. it was so unexpected and made my whole day better!

cmkage
cmkage 
Expert
cmkage

Hi guys, I've been trying to come up with a design for my ATCs, and I've got a quick question: are ATC usually flat or can we add dimensional embellishments like flowers, pockets or tags? This is my first time making an ATC, so I'm not quite sure about the requirements.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to cmkage

• cmkage Said:
Hi guys, I've been trying to come up with a design for my ATCs, and I've got a quick question: are ATC usually flat or can we add dimensional embellishments like flowers, pockets or tags? This is my first time making an ATC, so I'm not quite sure about the requirements.

I think you can do anything you want as long as the dimensions are 2.5x3.5 I've found that instead of using extra card stock to make them thick, I covered playing cards...they are the same dimensions.

cmkage
cmkage 
Expert
cmkage

I've got the Tim Holtz ATC die, so dimensions won't be a problem. But it's good to know that this seems to be the only rule.

Edited by cmkage on 11-12-11 04:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to cmkage

Wow...I did not know there was a die for it....is it a Sizzlit or a Bigz die?

cmkage
cmkage 
Expert
cmkage

It's a Bigz die (Movers and Shapers). It has corners on it as well.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to cmkage

tfs...I was hoping it was a Sizzlit die. LOL

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110

Just checking in!

msonia
msonia 
Resident
msonia

JCI...my ATC package will be going postal this week

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to msonia

Good morning! My ATC's are ready to go out as well....how much are we supposed to send for shipping again?

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to cmkage

• cmkage Said:

I added some embellies to mine. Put whatever you want on them.

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to jaspernonyx

• jaspernonyx Said:
Hi, ladies:

I wanted to join this group and had planned to start with November cards. Am I too late to start?

Kim

You may begin with December birthdays if you wish. Please send me an email with the requested info.

penny9271
Expert
penny9271

• Pebblesh Said:
Good morning! My ATC's are ready to go out as well....how much are we supposed to send for shipping again?

You should include $3.00 in postage or simply include $3.00. I will provide the envelopes and the labels to ship them to each of you.

Thanks for joining in. Hope you had fun.

msonia
msonia 
Resident
msonia
In response to penny9271

Penny, since I am from Canada, should I exchange the money in US money ?

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to msonia

• msonia Said:
Penny, since I am from Canada, should I exchange the money in US money ?

Oh yes, please do. Sorry for the trouble. I didn't even think about that.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to penny9271

JCI

cmkage
cmkage 
Expert
cmkage
In response to Ariwass

One last quick question about the ATCs (I'm almost done with mine): Do we send 10 or 11?

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to cmkage

You have my ATC's right?

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to Ariwass

• Ariwass Said:
JCI

There are 11 of us in the swap.

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to texlady

• texlady Said:
You have my ATC's right?

I have not received anybody's ATC's yet.

penny9271
Expert
penny9271
In response to penny9271

We have another new member with us ladies. Her name is Lupe Barragan and she is from Santa Rosa, CA. Please give her our nice little birthday swap family welcome.

We are very happy to have you Lupe.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to penny9271

Welcome Lupe!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics