Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: August Budget Challenge All are Welcome!        (Topic#1561885)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to ShaylaCreations

Happy Monday everyone!

Boy I wish I was in the South Pacific! Lucky Kelly!

I believe I'm officially obsessed with punches... I got my stamp one on Friday and I'd gotten the MS 'vine' one prior to the start of August, but I got two more this weekend...
Got the corner punch at Ross for $4 and used my 50% off coupon at JoA's for the lace punch for $7.50. So cross that lace one off my list too! I did NOT get any papers so I'm proud of that! I posted two pages today that I did with my punches over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

First post should be ACU! If i missed something, someone please let me know!

Sonja, did you get your SOD kit yet?? Mine is waiting at home for me and I am soo soo excited!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to newtoscrapping2011

No... I can't do the early option so I have to wait. Really frustrating and you're not helping!!
You'll have to tell me how fabulous it is!!!! Though it's not hard to tell based on what the add-ons look like! Can't wait for it - though I'm still obsessing over the July kit!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

lol ohhhh sowwy!! i forgot i was on early release (sounds like a prison term hahah). I still have lots left from the July kit, and I will be using it all up. hopefully some tonight!

Going to an all day crop on saturday!! I am so excited!! it has been 2 months since i have been to one!

And i wasnt trying to be mean, im sorry!! I just figured i would cross it off your list LOL! come over and you all can play with my new pretty papers!! OH wait nevermind i dont wanna share LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
come over and you all can play with my new pretty papers!! OH wait nevermind i dont wanna share LOL

No worries! I knew you weren't being mean - just excited! And I was only teasing! I really can't wait for this kit, though it looks like its going to be way out of my comfort zone!

I agree, I have a lot of July left, but only cuz I don't wanna cut those gorgeous pprs up! LOL how sad is that?!

Lucky!!! I'm sure you'll get lots of fun stuff done with all the new things you go at the conference last weekend! I'm doing a crop night at M's next Friday with some co-workers, but truth be told, it'll probably be more of a gabfest than a crop!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

lmao glad you knew i wasnt being mean...ok get your butt over here cuz these are gorgeous!

My crops turn into gabfests too..why does that always happen LOL...but i am extremely excited to have a whole day to just crop.

I dont know if the Ms by us does crops....ill have to check it out!

Tammy,

you have been awful quiet is everything ok?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I totally wish!!! Bit of a commute for me though, don't you think?

All the M's in my area do a crop night once a month usually around the middle. It's nice cuz the ones I've gone to have a Cricut, Sizzix and Cuttlebug set up for your use plus lots of table space. I'm usually the only one there, but apparently I've begun to 'infect' my co-workers with the scrappin bug... Also, I've got a new friend on here who lives in my area and this'll be our first meet-up. Totally excited!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

That sounds like so much fun Sonja! Too bad its a far commute cuz I think you and I would totally get along (and probably get no scrapping done LOL).

My LSS has crops at least every other weekend and they are from 8 am to 11 pm....plus they are totally cheap! $20 for a full 6 foot table...$10 for half....that includes breakfast and dinner! its a great deal...None of my friends scrap, so I have met some great people at the crops...Plus I think i have learned so much from the other ladies...

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

$3 on svg cuts

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Vivian Lake

SVG cuts?? im a dork but i dunno what these are?? can you shed some light?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm baaaaaack!!!! I'm gloriously bronzed but hideously mosquito bitten. I was like a fine American pastry for those stupid skeeters. Anyway, I lasted all of one day back and Flowers to Flourishes has already sucked me in. I bought today's deal of all three new EP PP. So $34 spent and please cross off PP.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

oh i have been trying to resist those all day....your not helping LOL!!! they are so purty!!!

welcome back...can't wait to hear all about it and see some of your photos from your trip!! I missed you!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

That sounds like so much fun Sonja! Too bad its a far commute cuz I think you and I would totally get along (and probably get no scrapping done LOL).

My LSS has crops at least every other weekend and they are from 8 am to 11 pm....plus they are totally cheap! $20 for a full 6 foot table...$10 for half....that includes breakfast and dinner! its a great deal...None of my friends scrap, so I have met some great people at the crops...Plus I think i have learned so much from the other ladies...

I totally agree! I think we'd get along famously - and probably not get any work done! I'm the same, I have hardly any friends who scrap as religiously as I do, but apparently I've infected the co-workers so there's hope yet!

Wow!! That's a fabulous deal at your LSS!!! Including food too, what a brilliant idea! M's is $5 and you get 10% off anything you purchase that day... The only problem is they keep switching the times to 12pm-6pm, which SUCKS for those of us who have to work all day! I've complained a few times... Wish I had an LSS with that option, lucky you!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Not that I need the temptation, but what's Flowers to Flourishes??

BTW, Courtney, cross my SOD kit off and take $65 away... no more spending this month! How will I survive?!

OMG Kelly, you are hilarious!! You must just be so sweet, right? I tease my DH that he's made of sugar and I'm made of vinegar cuz the bugs always go after him and not me!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, you have $3.50 left hahahah!!

and i will PM you with the info on Flowers to Flourishes!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Yeah, I know... and the only thing I can think of to use that on is paper - and I can't!!

I will behave the rest of the month... I will behave the rest of the month... I will behave the rest of the month...

Gads, is it really only the 9th?!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

hahahah im trying really hard to behave!! Saturday is going to be tough especially if they got new stuff in!! The nice thing is I have zero dollars lol sooooo that helps!!

Spend the rest of the time you would normally shop scrapping LOL...that helps me with the temptation!!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

So I am really tempted to go to HL I read they have a bunch of new pretty paper lines but I only have 20$ left for the month and I really don't need more pp but I will use it.... honest... I can't believe it's the 9th it seems like it should be later in the month... Oh well school starts tomorrow so I should be busy and slow down on spending... I mean i bought school papers already.

Kelly that is too funny, I mean not that you got bit but how you put it lol.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh YOU! You are an enabler!! Those Echo Park pprs are SO cute! BUT... I have too much paper as it is and I don't even know what I'm getting in the SOD kit!

Speaking of... if you deduct the shipping costs from my two kits, my total remaining should go up... Does that count??! LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Shayla it is soo hard isnt it...i know how temptation can be...those stores suck ya on in LOL..On one hand i am happy this month is going slow but i wish it was the end of the month so i had some money to spend LOL!

Sonja...i know those papers are so cute....i warned you that i was being an enabler LOL!! We will blame it on Kelly she brought it up LOL!!!
As for shipping charges...i obviously do not count my kits or my shipping charges in my budget...its honestly a personal call...so its all up to you.

I consider my kits a recurring monthly charge (kinda like the electric bill hahahah)...my budget is for over and above them LOL And this months kit is so so pretty!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Probably a good idea in the future! Since I'm trying to limit my total spending on scrappy supplies, though, I better keep them included (or I am sure I'll get out of control!)
Since your rules say I don't have to include shipping, I'm taking that off my total and giving myself a little more wiggle room for *ahem* 'emergencies'... LOL
SOOO could you add $12 back to my total??

Seems we both have a bit of free time today, don't we?!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

Welcome back, Kelly! You better believe I ran over to see the F to F deal. That is awesome! However, I already have Victoria Gardens on it's way from Crop Chocolate and will be getting Happy Days later.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Shayla it is soo hard isnt it...i know how temptation can be...those stores suck ya on in LOL..On one hand i am happy this month is going slow but i wish it was the end of the month so i had some money to spend LOL!

Yes and Guess what I just found out they are 50% off!! yes all paper pads 50% off this week!!! I have to at least look hubby said maybe they wont have the ones i want at our HL.. I am playing with fire but I have to check them out this week...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Sonja, I did have a slow day at work, and my company is possibly leaving NJ to move to Texas so truth be told, I honestly don't care about my job anymore LOL (terrible to say i know but its the truth). So the week after Christmas I may be out of a job (merry Christmas to all of the employees right).....oh well whatcha gonna do?

And I will add $12 back to your total no problemo!

ut oh Shayla...i hope they do/dont have theones you want hahah!! why cant we all just be independently wealthy???

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I'm in TX...

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Sonja, I did have a slow day at work, and my company is possibly leaving NJ to move to Texas so truth be told, I honestly don't care about my job anymore LOL (terrible to say i know but its the truth). So the week after Christmas I may be out of a job (merry Christmas to all of the employees right).....oh well whatcha gonna do?

And I will add $12 back to your total no problemo!

ut oh Shayla...i hope they do/dont have theones you want hahah!! why cant we all just be independently wealthy???

wow that is crazy, good luck with your job...

And yes I don't know if I want them to be there or not.. i mean I do but I don't so I like your idea better ahhh to be independently wealthy and have all the space for my paper obsession now lets see if dreams really come true!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Wow Shayla that sounds too tempting to pass up!! Of course we don't have any HLs here so I think I'm safe... Hope you find something good!

Oh no Courtney!! That's sad to hear! I certainly hope for your sake they don't move to Texas! Quite the move too actually... I was laid off my old job in Ocbober of '09 and spent the whole holiday and most of the following summer unemployed. I nearly went insane! (I hadn't taken up scrapbooking at the time and my poor brain had no outlet for it's randomness...) Anyway, I really hope that doesn't happen to you!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

You guys are killing me. I've been trying to avoid signing up for SOD. I love their stuff, but do not need an added monthly expense. Eek, it's so tempting.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

SVG cuts?? im a dork but i dunno what these are?? can you shed some light?

SVG files are cutting files that you can download/purchase online and use your cutting machine to cut them out (I use my Cricut). It is a different option than cartridges simply in that the carts don't always have what I'm looking for. I'm really liking this site http://digiscrapkits.com/digiscraps/

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Checking in from vacation
I couldn't get to A's for those stamps and am frustrated about that same about the other deals you are all getting
I'd be busted for sure if I was home lol

Courtney there is only one A's Scrapfest and people fly in from all over for it. It's spectacular !!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Alissa, I will NOT be moving to texas...my entire family is here and we have a business here in NJ soooo lol NJ is where I stay

Sonja, Im at the point where I honestly do not care anymore. In fact, my husband told me to walk out today because it has just gotten so ridiculous here...as much as I would love to walk out, I dont want to live in a cardboard box, so I will suck it up for now. And hopefully have more time to scrapbook soon LOL!

Kelly, I aint gonna lie...I love my SOD kits...i stared at them for a couple of months before I made the leap! I have commitment issues LOL....but Im glad I did...You only need to commit to 3 months and after that you can cancel anytime. It is an added expense each month though. Although I totally do not spend nearly as much since I started getting them.

Vivian, I gotcha...i didnt know you could use those with the Cricut...i thought there was some lawsuit to stop the use of those things...I got a Pazzle exactly for that reason because SCAL and the other one wont work...

Tina....its good that you havent busted LOL...and yes it is so hard to resist the temptation when we have a gaggle of enablers here HAHAHA!! Maybe I need to fly out for scrapfest one year...it sounds amazing!!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Mine is crappy but oh well LOL

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Courtney,

Don't ever walk away from a job no matter how crappy. It will haunt you later. Give a notice, that is just as liberating and you won't have bad vibes following you everywhere.

There is a lawsuit but Provocraft doesn't know I use SCAL. How can they? Really the lawsuit is about the Cricut trademark, nothing else. The cutting technology is not new and they won't get far with it. My two cents . . .

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

gotcha vivian!! I normally would never ever leave a job without notice but this job is out of control i will give you a little background.

1. we are moving because the president is from TX and his wife doesnt like it here, and she is depressed (not because it makes sense to move the company in any way shape or form)

2. they will be shutting us down the day after christmas if the board of directors approves the move (MERRY CHRISTMAS!)

3. The CFO had the nerve to say i was not a team player today when he is afraid to tell the president that it isnt a good move to move the company because he is afraid to lose his job (yes the CFO admitted it was a terrible idea to move but didnt know what to do???!!!) and you say im not a team player because all you care about is you and your job, not the 35 employees that will be out of work because of your decision...this is what set me off!!!

4. the CFO needed a place to live and my DH and I opened our home to him for 6 months while he found a place since the company was not paying for his housing after he relocated from California...yes we were newly married and let him live with us....and never once bitched about it openly LOL

very frustrating when you bust your ******** to help a company that has survived a corporate takeover and we are on our 3rd president in 2 years and yet we are holding our own, and this is the thanks we get....if it made sense dollars and cents wise, i would say oh well ******** happens, but this is purely a personal decision and it aggrevates me to no end....I may give my notice this week cuz i have had it....sorry end of vent LOL (and i havent left my office yet) lol

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Courtney, I hate that your job situation is so miserable. I hope you find a new and better job soon.

Some days I really miss working, and then I hear a story like yours and thank the good Lord I haven't found anything yet.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Thanks Kelly,

I was trying to hold out and wait for the company to move, but my patience is wearing thin...i may have to give up the unemployment to save my sanity!

Now that I vented I feel 1000 times better though...thanks for listening ladies....now back to happy times...its wednesday and the week is half over LOL YAYYYYYY and the bosses are out of the office tomorrow and friday because they are going to texas to look at warehouses....and they complain Jersey is too hot hahahahahh wait til they get there!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Courtney, I hate that your job situation is so miserable. I hope you find a new and better job soon.

Some days I really miss working, and then I hear a story like yours and thank the good Lord I haven't found anything yet.

Same here of course I'm not looking very hard either:)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

i carry the health benefits for us, so i would have to find something (which is why i didnt walk out today)...but i will be sending resumes daily!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

But I do want to have a baby lol decisions decisions!!! why cant we be independently wealthy again?? someone please tell me LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

We need to win the super lotto jackpot.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

We can fly everyone into a central location on our private jets for a monthly crop and never have to budget again. It's nice to dream.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Boy do I like that idea, Kelly! I promise if I win the lottery here, I'll do just that!

I suppose that means I should buy a ticket, huh?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Went to M's today b/c I was in a crabby mood this morning and going to a SS always cheers me up. I was very good though! I only got three small scrapbooking things and only spent $4.30! I did get other stuff, but it was floral that I'm using to make a new Fall wreath for our door so that doesn't count!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

EK*gasp* Did you guys see the FB post today about the four new EK Success punches you can use to make flowers?! Talk about enabling...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

hi guys. You are keeping me smiling. Got bad news from the dr this weekend so been a roller coaster - going for a procedure next Friday already (that never happens here trust me) then we will see what next steps are. So please think happy thoughts for me.

In the meantime, SOD kits - what are these? I may have some significant time on my hands in the coming months.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Sonja, I did see that post for those punches.... i had to handcuff myself to to not buy them LOL..

Kelly i love that idea of flying and cropping LOL would be oh so fun!!

Tammy happy thoughts and prayers your way!! SOD is Scraps of Darkness...its a kit club that has amazing kits and embellies!!

thanks ladies for letting me vent earlier...i needed that..we spent the evening with our nephew who is 2 1/2 and he always makes me smile so it was a good evening!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

gonna spend the day spoiling myself

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi Tammy. I've been thinking about. Sending prayers and happy thoughts that everything will be ok. Hugs

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Vivian that sounds like an awesome way to spend the day!! What are you doing to spoil yourself?

I am buying a lottery ticket tonight..hopefully I will win...i promise to share with my fellow budget mates so we all can go on a major splurge LOL

Its a beautiful day here. 80's no humidity! loving it!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Today is Vivian's birthday! Happy Birthday, Vivian!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to runzalot81

OHHHHH!! Pamper away vivian!! Happy Birthday and hope its a great one!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Happy Birthday Vivian!!!!

thanks you guys for your happy thoughts - I have a Tinkerbell mentality! Am doing things to put duckies in a row but tomorrow is crop night!!!!!!! so for a few hours it won't be about insurance and lawyers and drs!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
We can fly everyone into a central location on our private jets for a monthly crop and never have to budget again. It's nice to dream.

that would be amazing!! Lotto numbers are now dancing in my head! How crazy would that be if we all won the lotto at the same time? it's nice to dream... I am going to have to play for us today lol hubby is going to think i lost it.. if he doesn't already!

Happy Birthday Vivian!!!!!!

Tammy :hugs: :hugs: you are still in my prayers.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

hi. sorry i haven't been chatty. it's been nuts here cleaning the house for my bro from CA to visit and making an 80th album for my grandma's party this weekend.

i spent $10 on a punch for her album and $26 on a cartridge.

now that i think about it, please only deduct for the cartridge. the punch money is coming from a family gift fund.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Lamoo12

Gotcha Melanie...isnt it amazing how we work so hard to clean and within a matter of minutes its all dissheveled again....Hope you have a nice visit with your brother!

Shayla...my hubby already thinks im nuts LOL!!

Hope everyone has a great day...it is almost friday woo hoo!! I think i need to shop after my day yesterday, so I may bust....oh well shopping is a great stress relief LOL

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. New eye glasses, manicure, pedicure, Kohl's and shopping at A's ($35). Although my optometrist told me my brain's not using my right eye. Like this guy. First one to find the problem with why my eyes are so different (as far as being able to see). Giddy about getting my new glasses next week. So retro and modern looking!!

So far - A Good day

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

glad you figured out what is going on with your sight!! i hope we get to see a photo of you new retro modern glasses...!! A's has an online site...and i want one so bad....i wonder if they are franchising LOL...(insert winning lottery numbers here) LOL ...there arent any in my area, not even within driving distance...********...they are gorgeous stores though!

Enjoy the rest of your day

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hello everyone! I spent $9 last night on that adorable squirrel and acorn Fiskars punch. Please cross of the punch from my wish list.

Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear about your medical issues. I'll be praying for you.

Vivian, happy birthday! Sounds like you are having a lovely day.

And good luck to all of you playing the lotto this week. May one us win big!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Happy Birthday, Vivian!! Hope you are enjoying your day!

Yeah, my hubby knows I'm nuts! LOL But then again... he's nuts too!

Tammy - sending you and happy thoughts! >_< Hoping for a speedy recovery!

So I spent money today too, but it wasn't for scrapping tools! I got a new swimsuit, on clearance of course (that will hopefully camoflauge the fact that I'm 25lbs overweight and bloated like a blimp) for this weekend! We're going to float the Colorado River outside of Laughlin in the great River Float! *WOOT* 15,000 ppl will be there in inner tubes or rafts! Then Sunday we're going for the most awesomest all-you-can-eat champagne brunch at the hotel/casino we're staying at! Okay... now I know why I'm overweight...

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Happy Birthday, Vivian!! Hope you are enjoying your day!

Yeah, my hubby knows I'm nuts! LOL But then again... he's nuts too!

Tammy - sending you and happy thoughts! >_< Hoping for a speedy recovery!

So I spent money today too, but it wasn't for scrapping tools! I got a new swimsuit, on clearance of course (that will hopefully camoflauge the fact that I'm 25lbs overweight and bloated like a blimp) for this weekend! We're going to float the Colorado River outside of Laughlin in the great River Float! *WOOT* 15,000 ppl will be there in inner tubes or rafts! Then Sunday we're going for the most awesomest all-you-can-eat champagne brunch at the hotel/casino we're staying at! Okay... now I know why I'm overweight...

Can I come?? Sounds like a blast!!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I wanna go!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

morning. i did that stickes deal this site offered this morning. that came to $14. and i only bought what i was missing.

i think that is it for me this month.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Lamoo12

that sounds like so much fun Sonja!

I think i have gained the "freshman 15" in my first year of marriage and I am not happy about it LOL...But i will be teaching dance again in the fall so, hopefully I will shed it!

Stickles are so hard to resist LOL!!

OHHHH I went to my LSS last night...and didnt buy a thing!!!!!!!! she hadnt put out the new papers she just got soooo, i will have to wait until saturday LOL...so yes i will be busting like a mad woman and breaking my twist because there are just some fabulous lines out there that i have to have LOL!!

Its friday YAYYYYY!!!! The weather in NJ is gorgeous!! It was actually chilly this morning and I drove the jeep in...i had to turn around and go home to get a sweatshirt cuz i was freezing LOL. 64 degrees. Going to be in the mid 80's no humidity....perfect day!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I want to go on that rafting trip too! Courtney what type of dance do you teach?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I teach Tap and ballet combo class to the little ones (2-5 year olds). It is my passion and nothing makes me happier (and crazier at times LOL). I love it and this year I am going to try and take a class or two a week for myself...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Good morning, ladies.

Sonja, your weekend sounds like so much fun. Wish I were going.

Courtney, I'm jealous of your weather. I'd love it to be in the 80s.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

that sounds like fun Courtney!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

anyone else have plans for the weekend? I plan on blowing my budget tomorrow on PAPER lol im so so bad LOL!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Courtney is a bad, bad girl.

Lots of plans for the weekend. I'm still a bit jet lagged, so I hope I can keep my eyes propped open.

Today I'll be running all my errands. My fridge is empty. Tonight date night with the hubby. I think we are going to see that new Planet of the Apes movie. Saturday night I'm going to a crop, and Sunday is our weekend group breakfast ride on the Harley.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

anyone else have plans for the weekend? I plan on blowing my budget tomorrow on PAPER lol im so so bad LOL!!

Actually I do I'm hosting my first birthday party ever since I was five. LOL - really looking forward to a busy house full of people I care about. Wish my sis could be there though

Edited by Vivian Lake on 08-12-11 09:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

My fridge is always empty HAHAHA!! Kelly your weekend sounds fantastic! I am also cropping on Saturday and it cannot come fast enough! I love when i get a whole day to have me time...And the ride on the harley sounds wonderful...We have a jeep which we are probably going to go traveling around in this evening!!

Vivian, that sounds like so much fun! So sorry your sister can't be there, but hopefully you will get together and go on a shopping spree soon LOL!! How often do you get to see each other?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

You guys are ALL welcome to come!! Would be a blast! Except it'll be 110 so not sure how everyone feels about that heat... (Personally, I loathe that kind of heat, but I'll be on the water so I'll live!)

Courtney - I truly think there's a First-Year 15 for marriage too. DH and I both put on about 10-15 that year... too bad it stuck around! Ski season always helps us drop some of it though...
And BAAAAD Courtney!! LOL

Kelly - That sounds like a ton of fun!!! How far do you travel on the Harley?

Vivian - SWEET!! That'll be a blast, I'm sure! I don't think I've thrown a b-day party for myself since high school... Too bad your sis can't be there, but what a great chance to get all your friends/family into one place! Hope you take lots of pix!

Well I'm off - got to finish a few things at the office and I'm outta here! Courtney, be sure to share what you go so we can all drool and live vicariously through you! Have a great weekend everyone!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

lol...well i just bought the color add on to the SOD kit so therefore I busted!!! i couldnt help it...i couldnt resist LOL...

I would rather have 110 than snow anyday!! i hate the cold..i would move to florida tomorrow if i could! Can't wait to see everyones pics from this weekend sounds like everyone is doing something..

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I'm totally the opposite, Courtney! Gimme 20 degrees with 2' of fresh powder over 110 and humidity any day!

Ooooo I was totally tempted on the color add-on too, but I resisted (barely). Have fun with it!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Sonja im telling ya ya need to come over lol!

I just won 2 different prize packs on 2 different blogs and I am so so so so happy!!! made my weekend...

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

that is the only plan I have lol I've been holding out for this weekend and I am going to HL to check out the half price paper packs there are 2 I want just from a pic I saw so

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I was supposed to go cropping tonight but not up to it - how sad is that - you know you feel lousy when...

I did manage to do 2 layouts (just waiting for pics) today and I hope to finish my thank you cards over the weekend.

Other than that - need to see a friend as it is her birthday.

Vivian enjoy your party! I am sure Alissa wishes she could be there too.

Sonja, I am with you - winter over hot humid summer anyday!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Vivian, I'm late with your birthday wishes. Hope it was great and your party goes well too.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to tinadn

Alissa (my sister) and I get together once a year. We try really hard to do twice, but 1000 miles puts a crimp on traveling.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Sonja, I live in Arizona (moved here from NorCal) 110 is child's play. BTW are rides vary from week to week, but we travel anywhere between 80-110 miles.

Vivian, your weekend sounds fun.

Tammy, I'm sad you are missing your crop. Hope you feel better soon.

Shayla, have fun shopping. Can't wait to hear about what you end up buying.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

Aww Tammy I hope you feel better soon! that is cool you got 2 done! I am such a slacker I need to scrap more.. right now Im just shoopping...

Kelly, Thanks I'm going tomorrow I can't wait to see what I get either lol!! I will report back tomorrow I hope it's as awesome as it is in my head and It's tax free weekend!! yeah I want to shop more now what a difference a few $ and cents makes lol! It's a shame!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I wish I could be there, too, Vivian! I'll have have a drink tonight in your honor. The party is tomorrow? I'll have a drink tomorrow, too! LOL

I went to Ms for a few basics the other day... um, yeah. Mod podge, stamp cleaner... xmas ribbon, industrial chic charms, glow in the dark toy for DS, erasers for school... a few basics... whatever!

I design for Flying Unicorn and I found out today that she's getting ALL new Glitz Design!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Sorry you two only get to see each other once a year that stinks!! Ill have a drink for you tomorrow too hahaha!!

Lmao Alissa....basics huh...I will be MIA tomorrow cropping all day, but I will catch up either in the evening or Sunday Morning...I will be working the store sunday til 1 then off to see my friend and her baby yayyyyy!! then off to dinner with cousins...man im tired just thinking about sunday LOL

Tammy, I am sorry that you are going to miss your crop tomorrow hope you feel better really soon!

Have fun shopping everyone!! Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Alissa, you made another design team? Congratulations!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Yes, three now. At my limit, for sure! Thanks, Kelly.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I need a new cutter. I'm so tired of being tied to cartridges. I seem to be struggling on my choices. I'm torn between Pazzles, the Sil Cameo, and the new KNK cutter. Any suggestions or recommends?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

i just bought the puzzles, while i have nothing to compare to compare it to I LOVE IT!! i have never owned another machine though....i will tell you that there is a bit of a learning curve, and i am still learning, but i can cut out the basics right now...

Hope this helps!

PS totally bought way too much paper today but i don't care!! LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I would say Kelly as long as it welds letters together it is worth it.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Ok well I am back and I busted... *sigh* I even put back 4 packs of paper.. and one I put back twice so technically 5 lol.. but seriously I'm happy with what I got.. here is what I bought and a pack of black CS. Hobby lobby 50% off By ShaylaCreations

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

nice score Shayla.

Can you please subtract $20 for the 12x12 album and stroke it off the list.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Pazzles not puzzles LOL...stupid auto correct on the phone!!

Hope you ladies are having a fantastic weekend!

Heading off to update the first page!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Oh and I totally bought paper yesterday LOL...My LSS had the new My Minds Eye Lost & Found Two and some fabulous MME christmas lines....oh and they had Pearl Pens for only $4.50...made my day and broke my budget....the positive was that I had a gift certificate from my birthday, buttttt that didn't cover my purchases LOL

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
nice score Shayla.

Can you please subtract $20 for the 12x12 album and stroke it off the list.

Thanks now to not buy for the rest of the month lol.. I was so excited about finding that MME christmas paper!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

You people are making me crave paper. I hope my Echo Park gets here soon.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I did a bunch of layouts today that I need to print pics for. I am using up my stash! Okay so it would take years to use up my stash of papers but I did manage to use some I had bought specifically for these projects!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Bought a punch for $9. Hoping to do great things . . .

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Spent $20 on 4 Cricut carts-woohoo!!
They are older ones, but I didn't have them
Speaking of Fall
Stretch your imagination
Paper Doll Dress Up
Stand and Salute

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, that's a fabulous deal!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Happy Monday all!! Hope your having a great day...(I played hookie from work LOL)

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Vivian, what punch did you get? I love punches.
Courtney, will you be scrapping today? I need to get my chores done so I can play today, I'm feeling quite crafty.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

And let us please note that we are half way through the month, and I am still on budget.

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics