Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: August Budget Challenge All are Welcome!        (Topic#1561885)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

By the way, I was in that big Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989. It was 7.1 on the Richter scale. Now that was the one that scared me. You could actually hear it. It was the longest 15 seconds of my life.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Whew, saved by the competition... I lost those brand new flower punches by EK success by about 50 cents! GRRRR But it would have busted my budget so I guess there's a reason!

Yikes Kelly! I think I would have felt the same way! 15 minutes is a long time to be quakin! And you know it's bad when you can hear the thing coming on... DH was in the Northridge one, but he was living about 30 miles away so damage was mostly to things on the walls. He said driving anywhere around that area was a nightmare for months!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

I read about the quake, but now I actually know people who were there. So much going on lately - raging tornadoes, huge flash flooding, quakes, etc. etc. Our world is changing . . .

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Vivian Lake

the weather is crazy lately!! we have had the snowiest winter on record, the wettest summer, the first earthquake in forever...it has been absolutely crazy!! I wont complain about 80 degrees and no humidity in august though...we have had great weather the past couple of days...

Now we are preparing for a hurricane! Good times...never a dull moment...I am just hoping we can sit home and I can scrap LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Yes about 1 hour from here got hit with a tornado this this week, then this earthquake (which is only the 2nd I ever remember and I was on the 19th floor - it was last June) and then we had a tornado warning last night and wow what a storm - it was very frightening.

A guy I know in the elevator yesterday said - hey what the heck - we live way up in the frozen cold winter for a reason - not to have to put up with this kinda nonsense! I agree!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Ladybing Tammy

The world is going haywire. We were getting all those insane dust storms, otherwise known as the famous Phoenix haboob. We are still getting monsoons, but they've not been anything like those crazy storms.

Stay safe Courtney. I have a friend in Brick, NJ; and she's stocking up on canned goods, water, bread and peanut butter in case they lose power from the storm. Hope you've got plenty of rations on hand.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

I am fortunate enough to be inland (near Philadelphia) but i have lots of friends near the shore (ocean as people not from jersey call it hahaha)...hopefully it wont be too bad, but i can't say i wouldnt enjoy a day in the house with my scrappy stuff

As long as there is no damage I will be happy with a rainy sunday!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Somebody help me! I'm about to bust my budget on the Et Cetera collection sale... Why do they do this to me?!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

On the world note... Yep, further proof of Global Warming, or whatever they want to call it! We're only just now getting our hot, muggy weather! Otherwise the weather has been unseasonably cool all summer. And during the winters... well, Mammoth Mtn still has nearly a full mountain of snow! This is the second year in a row they have stayed open after July 4th!
Hope those in Irene's path are safely out of the way!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, did you bust yet? Don't look to me for help. I went to Michael's for two packs of pop dots. I wanted large and small. They were all out of small. Some how my bill was $27. I found a MS Halloween border punch, some fall ribbons, a stamp, a few candy molds, and the large pop dots. Plus there were boxes of boxes of stuff still unpacked. I wanted to tear them all open like the Tasmanian Devil. Seriously, I could hardly control myself.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Oh Kelly, you poor thing! Never stood a chance, did you? I'm totally LOL at your Tasmanian Devil analogy! No truer statement has been said! Which MS border punch did you get, btw???

Haven't busted yet, but I am sooo close! I found a bunch of clearance stuff I wanted too - mists, stamps, flowers - Oh MY!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

my cart is totally overflowing but the longer the stuff sits there the longer i dont need it...lol...that et cetera line though is incredibly hard to resist!!

kelly you crack me up!!

Earthquake tuesday, hurricane Sunday, i am thinking i need to move LOL...thank goodness i live inland, but have many friends on the coast!! I hope this is all hype and ends up not being as bad as they are predicting!! One night of scrapping by candlelight may be kind of interesting though!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

stay safe everyone this week!

I am doing okay with budget! Course I am trying to stay away from anywhere that will make me go over it!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

hold on everyone . . . about to get scrappy!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

oh can't wait to see what you created vivian!!!

If I am MIA im in New Jersey and we are in the direct path of Irene!! Thank goodness I am not near the shore, but have lots of family that is...looks like we are going to have a full house on Sunday!! Well nothing like being surrounded by the people you love during a catastrophe right?? LOL hope we dont kill each other LOL!!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Wow I've missed a lot been a little MIA

but re: bolted furniture, I also lived in Cali like 10 years lived there twice and we never bolted anything down lol. that would be funny to see lol.. I mean it makes sense for earthquakes but what if you want to rearrange your room.. that sounds like a lot of holes!

I use to live in DC on base when I was a teenager (my sd is military) and that is one thing they don't prep you for and when I lived in Cali we had earthquake drills which we use to laugh at as kids.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

Happy belated birthday Tina!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to ShaylaCreations

Vivian is getting her scrap on! Have fun creating.

Hi Shayla, I've missed you.

Courtney, hope you survive your full house this weekend. That may be worse than the storm.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

By the way, I'm trying to ignore the fact that it is free shipping day. I have my fingers in my ears. I can't hear you. La, la, la, la, la.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

well so far everyone i know is staying put....so we are safe!! from the family hahaa!!

I am so sad that I will not be cropping tomorrow, but they let me reschedule for a date in september which is awesome!! We bought a 1000 piece puzzle so between that and scrapping i should be fine through this storm!

Be strong kelly....its only a couple of bucks you save with free shipping anyway....not worth buying (YES I AM TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF TOO!!!) LOL....we can be strong!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
By the way, I'm trying to ignore the fact that it is free shipping day. I have my fingers in my ears. I can't hear you. La, la, la, la, la.

I know!!!! What the heck is that all about?! It's like they're trying to see how weak-willed I am!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I have a ton of items in my cart, but surprisingly no paper still! (Yes, I will bust my budget, but danged if I will slip my twist!) Really doesn't help that I just got paid today either.... It's like the stars are aligning against me...

Glad you are safe, Courtney! Hope the rest of your family is! I'm betting this is all hype... it's going to hit the Carolinas and fizzle out like all the rest... *crosses fingers* Well anyway, glad you are prepared!

Welcome back Shayla! Cool photo!

You go girl! Get your scrap on, Vivian!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Free shipping and it's payday? Sonja is doomed.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Its payday for me too!! But Sonja we can do this....Me you and Kelly can fight the urge to hit that checkout button!!!

(although what if this hurricane demolishes all my scrappy stuff and i am going to need new things) yeah its true im trying to rationalize purchases with irrational thoughts LMAO!!

Ok seriously, we can be strong ladies..they will have another free shipping day soon!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Kelly!

LMAO at Courtney! Way to rationalize there, girlfriend...

I really want some new inks and mists though and there are a ton in the clearance section... Grrr I need to accept that I don't need to spend the money... but I really hate paying for shipping too... and the Et Cetera embellies are sooo danged cute...

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Vivian is getting her scrap on! Have fun creating.

Hi Shayla, I've missed you.

Courtney, hope you survive your full house this weekend. That may be worse than the storm.

aww I feel loved

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
I have a ton of items in my cart, but surprisingly no paper still! (Yes, I will bust my budget, but danged if I will slip my twist!) Really doesn't help that I just got paid today either.... It's like the stars are aligning against me...

Glad you are safe, Courtney! Hope the rest of your family is! I'm betting this is all hype... it's going to hit the Carolinas and fizzle out like all the rest... *crosses fingers* Well anyway, glad you are prepared!

Welcome back Shayla! Cool photo!

You go girl! Get your scrap on, Vivian!

Thanks

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ShaylaCreations

oooh want to see Vivian's creation!

My momma lives in NS and is hunkering down for the storm too.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

omg... I was thisclose to caving in and getting one of the new MS Halloween punches today.... Just an FYI, I think I'm going to bust on Sunday...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

I totally bought one of the MS punches this week. I got the cool fence one. What one are you thinking about? God, I love punches. I'm pretty sure I need the new EK Success gourd border punch too. I'm going to need another scrap room just to hold punches.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

That is exactly the punch I nearly got! The one with the little bats, right? (And I probably will get it on Sunday... 40% off of course) LOL
I agree, I'm becoming a punch-maniac... I already grew out of the plastic storage box I bought to hold them... dang things take up a lot of room! What do you keep yours in?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

oh my a 70% off clearance sale - thank Goodness there are too many items to look at.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

hope everyone is well!!

I made . . . something . . . s . . . and am sort of happy with them

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well share woman share!!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh my gosh Vivian - I love your White Squirrel quilling!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Thanks to Kelly, I picked up that MS fence punch last night. Busted a long time ago so it doesn't matter

Edited by runzalot81 on 08-27-11 07:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to runzalot81

Everyone is loving that fence punch with the bats. It is so freaking cute! Sonja, I store my punches in Jetmax cubes. I've got almost two full cubes of them (the three drawer cubes) I still need to buy three more cubes, and then I swear I'm done. I need to stop buying instead of continuing to expand. I just can't seem to help myself when it comes to dies, punches, and paper.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
oh my gosh Vivian - I love your White Squirrel quilling!

Thanks!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Well I went looking and didn't find anything that appealed to me - but let's be clear I avoided the punch section!!!

Although I did order the digital stamps for my wedding album that match my real stamps I bought so mark me down for $10 for that and cross off digital stamps.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

will do....I did not hit the checkout button on my cart yet..so it is still full LOL

I did however go to M's and J's this morning for some embossing powder and stuff for my brothers wedding invites..I am so happy I got 10 done...only 55 more to go LOL....I am way ahead of schedule though thanks to Hurricane Irene!! I am hoping to get most of them done tonight!!

So far, we have been very lucky here with Irene. Just heavy rain..thank god!! and no one is staying here LOL so just me and hubby!! we have been watching movies and getting stuff done...

hopefully the worst will pass over while we are sleeping!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Vivian, look at you with such a huge part of your budget left...Im proud of you!!

And Tammy is still within Budget!! wowsers...still quite a few in the running for that RAK!!

There are still a few more days left in the month LOL

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Hmmm - could have sworn I spent more than that . . . oh well.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Everyone is loving that fence punch with the bats. It is so freaking cute! Sonja, I store my punches in Jetmax cubes. I've got almost two full cubes of them (the three drawer cubes) I still need to buy three more cubes, and then I swear I'm done. I need to stop buying instead of continuing to expand. I just can't seem to help myself when it comes to dies, punches, and paper.

That makes me feel much better. I have one jetmax 3 drawer cube full with punches, can't close the drawers tho

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Punches reproduce like rabbits at my place.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

lol you ladies crack me up!!! Sorry I have been MIA most of the weekend...We lost cable & internet on Saturday night and got it back late last night...at least we didnt lose power!

Irene was no where near as bad as they had initially predicted...lots of local flooding and tons of rain and wind, but all in all we did okay!
The tornado warnings really creeped me out..other than that, it was a relaxing time!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Happy Monday!!

Does anyone know if we have a host for September??

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I can't remember if we have a host or not.
I can if no one else can.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I can't - sorry, my hubby will be here for 3 weeks from the UK so I am not going to have a lot of free time.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

and Courtney so glad you made it through Irene with minimal impact.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Courtney, glad to hear the storm wasn't too bad for you. The winds and flooding looked pretty crazy on the news.

I've been wanting some Spellbinders dies. Since I'm already busted, I wonder if I should just get them today... I really want to stay on track next month. I just want to see if I can do it once.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

You guys are so funny! Love the rabbit comment, Kelly! I think paper has that same problem in my house.. except I haven't bought ONE PIECE this month! (Aside from my kit clubs of course)

So glad to hear you made it through Irene okay, Courtney! I was wondering about that! Wow... 55 more cards?! Yeesh... think you need another stormy weekend, then!

Well I managed to avoid buying the gate punch at the crop yesterday, but let me tell you, it was HARD! The dealbreaker was that M's didn't have the 40% off coupon this week and we only got 10% off for being at the crop. So that punch will be on next month's budget... I did zero my budget out though... bought two packs of letters that were on sale $3.58 for both, the TH blending tool at 10% off $4.49 and a pair of $1 wood stamps from the dollar bin for a total of $10.07. Aaaand I'm done!

Well almost.... I am 'watching' two cricut cartridges that I tried out at the crop... they end Wednesday and Thursday so hopefully I can count those towards September!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

Just when I think I don't need any more CC - more come out (or I just discovered them).

Sonja - what do ya have your heart on?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Vivian - It went up to three actually b/c I couldn't stop looking...
I tried out the Storybook and Life's a Party carts at the crop and I've been wanting Cuttin' Up and Tear Drop forever, but can never win them!
What's new that I can't miss out on?

Oh, and I tried out the Gypsy too... loooved it! Can't afford that sucker anytime soon tho!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Vivian, what new CC have caught your eye? I'm trying not to buy anymore since I'll soon me getting the Sil Cameo.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Vivian - It went up to three actually b/c I couldn't stop looking...
I tried out the Storybook and Life's a Party carts at the crop and I've been wanting Cuttin' Up and Tear Drop forever, but can never win them!
What's new that I can't miss out on?

Oh, and I tried out the Gypsy too... loooved it! Can't afford that sucker anytime soon tho!

I think I saw the Gypsy for cheap online somewhere. If I see it again I will let you know. I love what mine can do, but need to use it more.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I think the Gypsy was on sale for $98 at Cricut Machine.

Hmmmm, only 2 days left in the month. I still need small pop dots. Maybe I should go and get them today before the new budget starts since I'm already busted...

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

It may not be new to anyone else, but I've been eyeballing the Campy Trails one . . . or the title similar to that. LOL Just recently got Nate's ABC's and LOVE it and plan on making a couple decor items from it.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Vivian Lake Said:
It may not be new to anyone else, but I've been eyeballing the Campy Trails one . . . or the title similar to that. LOL Just recently got Nate's ABC's and LOVE it and plan on making a couple decor items from it.

I saw that Campy Trails one on ebay actually. Almost bid on it... I'll bet you could get it for less than $30 there too! (Says Sonja the enabler...) lol

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Thanks for the tip on the Gypsy Tina and Kelly! I'll keep an eye on it, but there are other things I should probably get first... like this fabulous Cricut tool pack I saw... includes 2 mats, 2 blades, spatula, zip-up tool kit, cutting board and two packs of paper... I've tried three times and keep loosing it by a dollar or two, but never more than $25! I gotta stop...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

we are all a bunch of enablers LOL...I will be stopping by to get some adhesive for my ATG because I have more invites to do and not enough to do them...plus im already blown my budget too so next month I will have to behave..

I keep telling myself that I really want my kitchen, living room, and basement projects finished so i can have my own scrappy room!! but i keep spending...I NEED TO STOP!!! lol And it seems the more i shop the less i create....I have 10 minutes so I can browse....but I need much more time to create a layout!! lol yes im trying to justify....

If no one else wants to do september, I will do it, I just didnt know if Alissa was coming back in September or not??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well I don't have a cricut but I totally love that art nouveau cartridge! and no I am not going to buy a cricut just to get the cartridge! LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Thanks for the tip on the Gypsy Tina and Kelly! I'll keep an eye on it, but there are other things I should probably get first... like this fabulous Cricut tool pack I saw... includes 2 mats, 2 blades, spatula, zip-up tool kit, cutting board and two packs of paper... I've tried three times and keep loosing it by a dollar or two, but never more than $25! I gotta stop...

They have this pack on Cricut machine too. I think the Gypsy deal I saw is over tho.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • SonjaC Said:

They have this pack on Cricut machine too. I think the Gypsy deal I saw is over tho.

*Jams fingers into ears* I can't hear you! I can't hear you! Lalalalalalalalalala

I'll have to check that out... thank you for the tip!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

So I went to Ms, and they still didn't have small pop dots. I'm going to have to go to the one in the town over. They did have Fiskars and EK success border punches on sale, and one may have come home with me. They also had some new Martha Stewart Halloween border punches. I was so close to getting one. It was a cool deep edge punch with scary faced jack-o-lanterns. I restrained myself this time. How many Halloween punches do I really need? I have drippy goo and the cool fence one, but that jack-o-lantern is calling to me. I also really want the gourd punch by EK success. I haven't been able to find it though. Maybe that's a good thing.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Tammy, I love the Art Nouveau cartridge. I'm also in love with the Chic & Scary cartridge. Must. Resist.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

I so nearly caved on that punch sale they had on Sunday, but resisted as the only one they had that I really wanted was the MS Halloween fence one and it wasn't on sale...
Gads, you're going to brave going into another Ms?! You are a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

oh I have the drippy goo punch too and I love it!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Kelly I try not to look at the cartridges - don't need an excuse to spend money on a cricut!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I was sooo good...i went to J's and bought my ATG refill and some envelopes for my brothers wedding invites...yayyyyyy!! I avoided all of the punches..even the beautiful flower EK success punches!! I am finding those extremely hard to resist lately....

But i did good....oh i did buy some clearance ribbon because it was pretty fall colors LOL.....but hey i got 4 spools for $2 that was pretty good...

I am going to set up a challenge for September, but if Alissa wants to be the host with the most again, she can have it LOL...

At the end of tomorrow I will assign numbers to all the people who are eligible for the RAK and then let random.com select the winner!! I am so proud that so many of you stuck to budget this month....I am actually jealous HAHAHA!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hmmmmm, last day of the month. To buy or not to buy. That is the question...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

NOO!! You can resist Kelly!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Really? Resistance is not my strong suit.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Well mine either, but I have to try...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

So far, so good; but the day is still young.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

LOL - well I am off to the September thread ladies!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I will be announcing the winner of the RAK in this thread later tonight! I didnt get a chance to do it last night! Thanks!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Congrats to Vivian! Her number was picked at random.com for the RAK...Please PM me your address and I will be sure to send you out your RAK!

Congrats and way to stay in budget!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Congrats to those of you who stayed under budget.
See you over in Sept.

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics