Page 62 of 62 
Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug OPEN!        (Topic#1561931)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

Happy Anniversary.

I have our taxes ready to stuff in an envelope and take to the CPA. I'm expecting it to be horrible. We purchased 20 acres of land in Homestead Florida in 2012 and sold it last year for a tremendous profit so we are going to get hit hard.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Page 204 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 205 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 206 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning bugs,

Just checking in.

Henri, the layouts of Anchorage are wonderful. It was so great to see home. Sorry the weather didn't cooperate when you were there but the weather made your photos beautiful. It really brought out the fall colors.

Happy Anniversary to who??? I missed something. Happy Anniversary to _____________? Hahahah!

Nothing much going on here. The two fillings the dentist put in six times...fell out again. Both of them. I'm mad as a hornet. So I'm on the rampage this morning.

Have a great week.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

It was Blanca's anniversary!

Sorry about the fillings Terri - that is really aggravating. It is always such a wonderful treat to go sit in the dentist chair! NOT!

I would be on the rampage too!

I hated that it was so rainy in Anchorage when we were there, didn't get to see things we wanted to see but we still had a good time!

Rainy and dreary here. Bill is still sleeping but its nearly 11:00 - I expect him up soon.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 207 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 208 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 209 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 210 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 211 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 212 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 213 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

More of Kodiak

Page 214 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 215 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 216 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 218 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 219 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 220 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Hi Bugs.

Sorry for the absence. I have been under the weather and hurting from the dentist. I have a new dentist and I really like him. He is the owner of the clinic and not very happy with the other dentist. I ended up having two crown preps. I have lost over five pounds because I can eat and don't want to. I don't recommend this diet. It hurts. Hahaha!

Well I'm off to catch up in the gallery. Have a good day.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I'm glad you are seeing another dentist. Something is just wrong with the first dentist's work. For what you have been going through, they should give you free dental for life!

I'm so glad they are finally doing it right and getting it over with.

Joe has to have a root canal this summer. He's not happy. They also have to remove the fillings on teeth on each side, but they are silver so he's not heartbroken, will be replaced with white but they have to get in there to get to the bad tooth and do the root canal. Joe has the highest pain threshold of anyone I know.

He went to the dentist when he was 19 and the dentist did one thing and asked Joe if it was okay to go on and he kept asking and Joe said to keep going - he was fine.

The dentist called that night to see if Joe was okay because he had done so much work. I told him he was fine, went out with friends for the night. The dentist couldn't believe it, through he would be in bed with ice packs.

He said he had never seen a patient with such a high pain threshold.

We were lazy today. It was 11:00 when we woke up! I do not know why.

Bill and I met 49 days from yesterday so we went to Harry's for dinner last night. Love that restaurant. We were going to try Shrimp Landing that you recommended but when Bill saw the drive time was 56 minutes, we decided to eat closer to home and save Shrimp Landing for another time.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 221 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 222 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 223 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 224 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Hello ladies! have not had time for anything, and tomorrow I drive half way to Palm Springs to pick up my grand daughter, she wants to come and spend spring break with us. Then the gypsy boys come on Sunday. What do you think, I am going to get some rest?

Glanced at the los, but will be back later on to really look at them and leave some love.

We had had the weirdest weather. We even had thunder and lighting. That NEVER happens in the winter/spring.

Went out to dinner to a friend house last night and on the way back the roads were really icy. I can't wait to go back to palm springs were is nice and warm.

Henri, when are you heading out? Hope I don't miss you, since I am not checking in regularly.

Terri, hope you are feeling better these days. I need a crown, but I will wait until the summer when I can see my regular dentist.

Talk to you guys later. Be good!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Heading out April 22nd. Possibly a trip before but I'd like to stay.

We have a great contractor putting new tile in the guest house and it is looking amazing.

We have spots and bumps and dings in the paint all over that room. It had smudges and smears when we bought it and we didn't have touch up paint.

Bill said he wanted the paint to look good. Not completely painted, most is fine and with all the stuff on the wall, would be a nightmare to take it all down. He just wants a lot of touchups and I agree.

He told me, I think we should hire someone to do the touch up painting. I told him that was a great idea, as I would like it done professionally. We got a great reference and he comes Tuesday - the tile guy finishes on Monday. Will be perfect.

I have no desire at all to paint and he's only charging $100.00 - well worth not having the mess.

Then he is going to tackle all the touch up spots that need doing in our house. When Bill painted before we moved in he got paint everywhere - on the ceiling in several places so this guy is going to fix all that mess and get it done right.

I used to do pretty well painting rooms but I don't want to do it anymore.

Bill and I moved all the furniture out of Joe's house into the guest house, but he is going to hire someone to help him move it back in. That queen sized box spring and mattress is too much for me to help with and it hurt Bill's back when we moved it out.

We are also getting references for putting stucco on part of the back of the house where it is cinder block and getting the house painted.

Then I hope to have a big sunroom added across the back but that will be a huge project because I want to do a large area and join it to the pool dome.

Then we need landscapers.

After that we can start inside our house. I will do some serious remodeling inside.

So glad that Bill if finally in the mood to start hiring people to do this stuff!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Oh Henri, that is so nice. Art decided to hire some to do the mudding, taping and texturing the living room. Things get done so much faster.

I woke up at five this morning to drive and pick up Drew, and have been going all day, I am so tired.

We are supposed to get snow tomorrow, I sure hope we don't get any, although it helps with forcing me to stay home. I have not stopped since we got here a week ago.

So, your cruise is on April 22? Nice! I need to get my airline tickets for Cabo and renew my passport. Planning on doing that this coming week.

No Hawaii? I thought that you might have been there by now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 225 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 226 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 227 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 228 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

WE are holding off on Hawaii. We were going to go last week and everything went wrong. The flight was from here to Norfolk to spend one night. Then a C-5 was going to Travis (San Francisco area) and then a few days later there was a plane to Hickam.

Well, the day we were to leave here, weather got so bad they wouldn't determine if the flight was going until the last minute. First, we didn't want to drive or fly with tornado warnings and second, we didn't want to drive 2 hours to find it wasn't going.

Then we found out if it did go, instead of one day in Norfolk, there would be at least 2 nights because the C-5 going to Travis had to be fixed. So, we could have gotten stuck in Norfolk and missed the flight to Hickam.

Then when Bill checked, his source hasn't gotten any license plates in so it would be an expensive waste to go there and not get any plates. That is what pays for our trips!

So, we are going to wait until after our cruise, then try to go.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning bugs,

Blanca, I can't believe you are still getting snow. What a wacky winter this has been. I would send warm Florida sunshine but it has been chilly here as well. There was frost on the roofs yesterday. Tom is talking about migrating further south! Hahaha!

Not much going on here. My mouth is still so sore and just haven't felt my best. I am not a good patient and have absolutely no pain tolerance. I'm off to do some laundry and clean my house. Tom put the new grill together and got propane so I think barbeque is in my future. Hahaha!

Have a great Palm Sunday.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You will really enjoy your new grill! We use ours so much - gets the mess out of the kitchen. I think Bill is grilling pork chops tonight but they are hard to grill. I cannot eat well don't pork chops, I like them just when they are going from pink but not quit really white when they are juicy and that is almost impossible to do on a grill. No blood in them, but barely white.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Just dropping off:

The Wild Side of Silver Springs, FL By Pink Spoonbill

Merritt Island NWR, FL By Pink Spoonbill

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Terri, you should have moved to Palm Springs, where is nice and warm.

Enjoy your BBQ, let me know when the steaks are ready.

Henri, to bead you missed Hawaii, but you made a wise decision. Hopefully things will work out better after the cruise.

Thank God we did not get any snow, but it's only 35 degrees and foggy. Wish i could sit and scrap, but I can't be that lucky.

I had been so tired, I woke up at 10:00 am, and that is only because the phone rang. I need to run away from home from a couple of days, or throw everyone out and luck the door. JK. Like my son tells me, I would be bored in five minutes.

Got to run. Talk to you guys later.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You will never get Terri too far from the beach! Plus, they love to cruise and they are near Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Cape Canaveral, and - all good cruise ship ports!

I can't take dry heat. It actually burns my skin. And my skin dries out and wrinkles before my eyes!

Don't like heat with humidity either, but my skin loves it!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

I would like to live in FL just to be close to the cruise ships.

I can take the heat better than the cold. Even the heat in Palm Springs does not bother me, YET.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 229 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 230 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 231 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 231 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning bugs,

I was thinking someplace more tropical and warm....like a Caribbean island!!! I moved to Florida and I'm just as cold. Hahaha! I am with Henri on dry heat. It really dries my skin out. I LOVE humidity. I have only bought one bottle of lotion since I have been here. In Alaska, it was one big bottle a month and since had snake skin legs!!!

My mouth is hurting so bad. I'm going to call the dentist and see if something is wrong. I can't take the pain anymore and I can't eat. Grrrrr!

Hope your day is better.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

When we go to Las Vegas Bill constantly gets nosebleeds because it is so dry. He gets them in San Diego, but not as badly, that is just too dry for us. Granted, I have better hair on the west coast, but I'll put up with bad hair to save my skin!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through one bottle of moisturizer after another in the dry climates! Here, I rarely use it.

Sorry you mouth is hurting so bad Terri. It doesn't sound right. Maybe they hit a nerve or something - I feel so bad for you! Mouth pain is one of the worst throbbing kinds of pains!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 232 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 233 - 2018 Volume Challen By Henri Jean

Page 234 - 2018 Volume Challen By Henri Jean

The picture with the orca with the seal in his mouth is not from our camera. It is from someone else who was on the boat that day. We saw it, but neither Bill or I snapped the picture fast enough!

Page 235 - 2018 Volume Challen By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Good morning!

My house is a mess!! When the kids are here, there is an explosion of toys and clothes everywhere. but I guess it goes with having them around. I usually clean house before they come and after they leave.

Terri, I have never had any teeth problems, but know people the have, and i know it can be miserable. I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully you don’t have an infection.

I can’t believe March is almost over.

Better run, time to make breakfast.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

These pictures are from my camera or Bill's camera. On one of the pages, Bill got a picture of me getting a picture of a orca which was really far away. The good pictures were of orcas right around our boat.

Page 236 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 237 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

The background paper on this one is made from the paper liner in the fish & chips basket. Bill asked them for a clean one for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I did not take any of the pictures on the next 4 pages. OUr cruise friends - Ian and Rachel took them all. They got awesome photos of the grizzly bears and I wanted to include them in my album.

Page 237 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 238 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 239 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 240 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Much prefer dry heat to humidity!

Hope to go through my pictures tomorrow and get some ordered.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapperbee

The first two pictures are from Rachel and Ian's camera! I thought they were so good I had to include them in my album.

The last two are some of the towel animals from this cruise. Then that is the end of the album.

Page 241 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 242 - 2018 Volume Challen By Henri Jean

Page 243 - 2018 Volume Challen By Henri Jean

Page 244 - 2018 Volume Challen By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Starting new book posts today!

Page 245 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 246 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

2018 Volume Challenge - Page 246 both sides By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Hi Bugs,

Just checking in. Nothing much going on here.

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Our Easter was very low-key for us. Not much went on. Tuna sandwiches for lunch and steak on the grill last night.

Did a lot of scrapbook pages though. I think I got 11 pages done but will be couple week before I post. I have to do a lot of proofreading first!

Today I should finish the pages for 2017 and end of the week or next week, will start working on my Caribbean and Cuba - which is the most recent trp.

Then I am caught up! Although not for long.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Quit showing off Henri!!! Hahaha!

Here is two: I should be catch up in......okay, never!

Silver Springs State Park, FL By Pink Spoonbill

More of Silver Springs State Park, FL By Pink Spoonbill

Have a great day.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You are funny Terri!

On this first page, I have an extra "a" in the 4th paragraph before Burger King Whopper.

Page 247 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 248 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Including a photo of how the layouts look together:

Page 248 - 2018 Volume Challenge - Both Sides By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 249 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 250 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 250 - 2018 Volume Challenge - Both Sides By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 251 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 252 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 251 - 2018 Volume Challenge - both sides By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Hi ladies! nothing new here. Just stopping by to say hello.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

After 2AM - we are getting ready for bed. Got 6 pages done today - 4 more pages and I am done with this book and can start the Caribbean cruise with Cuba - the last book to be scrapped! While we are on vacation - I'm going to TRY to keep those caught up while we are on the cruise!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 253 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 254 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 254 - 2018 Volume Challenge Both Sides By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Hi Bugs,

I'm like Blanca. Nothing much going on here. I went to the dentist and got my new crowns. One side is going great and I actually had real food. The other side is still hurting. Dentist said it will be a few days for it to settled down.

Got our new dining room chairs. Two are different fabric than the first two. Wayfair is really great. We took some photos and they are sending two more for free and we don't have to give back the other ones. Wow! They were so sorry.

I was sweeping our sidewalk after the lawn people mowed the lawn and ran into a snake. Luckily, it was just a black racer but it had to be at least four feet long. I know it has moved on because my crazy lizards are back.

Well I guess that is all. Have a great weekend.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Glad one side of your mouth is better, now just to get the other side better! Hope it does settle down quickly.

Sorry you got two of the wrong chairs but glad they are giving you two more for free. Everyone makes maistakes and things happen - but its nice when places have good customer service and quickly correct mistakes.

YIKES on the snake! Is a black racer the same thing as a regular black snake? Hate those things.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

I hate snakes!!! I don’t care what kind of snakes they are.

Terri, Hope your mouth feels better soon. I will make an appointment with my regular dentist to have my mouth checked and make sure I need a crown. I just do not trust the dentist in Palm Springs, I just have to wait until June.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 255 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 256 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 255 - 2018 Volume Challenge - Both Sides By Henri Jean

Page 257 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 258 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 258 - 2018 Volume Challenge - Both Sides By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hi all -

No one is here anymore except for Terri, Blanca, and me and since we are all 3 on some other threads together where we chat, and there doesn't seem to be much other interest in the travel bug thread, I'm going to let it go.

Its been fun, but it doesn't have enough activity to keep it going.

I've thought long and hard about it and decided - its time. So without any fanfare, this thread is going to take off into the sunset on its own.

So with this, Good night travel bugs. I will see you on other threads!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Puddin Head
Idol
Puddin Head

Hi, Henri!

You normally don't see the layouts I put in my gallery, which is fine, but I thought you might be particularly interested in the layouts from our trip to Oahu, especially since we had talked so much about it and you have a special interest in the place.

So, I thought that I might put them here as I make them in case you, or anyone else, is interested.

So, here are the first few:

An Hawaiian Rendezvous By Puddin Head

In the Heart of It All By Puddin Head

Catholic Mass, Hawaii Style By Puddin Head

Stay tuned for more....

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl
In response to Puddin Head

Hi! I was surprised to see your beautiful los here.

Maybe is time to revive the thread.

Puddin Head
Idol
Puddin Head

Here's yet another Hawaii page.

Torches By Puddin Head

Page 62 of 62 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics