Page 61 of 61 
Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug OPEN!        (Topic#1561931)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

We haven't found another cruise that is interesting to us. Bill did find one that goes to Europe and med this spring for a couple months. If we did that one, we would end overseas and take a flight to Prague for a while. However, cruise price has to come down before we can consider it seriously.

One of Bill's chess buddies will be on that one so he knows he will have someone to play chess with. That was his big disappointment on the Cuba cruise - no one to play chess with except on or two people occasionally for a game. He likes to play for hours.

Bill has to renew his passport - it is full. They sure don't last very long, even the long versions. Seems we always need new passports.

They are slowly getting away from passports and going to the scanners! YEA!!!!!!! I can't wait. We beg places not to stamp our passports. Some places will stamp a piece of paper and give it to you.

We were on one ship South Africa, maybe it was India and we had to meet with immigration officials from the country face-to-face on the ship. The immigration people boarded several days previous, which is not too uncommon for some countries.

Anyway, we were behind a cute little couple so we heard everything going on.

The officials looked at her passport and said, I'm sorry, your passport is too full for us to stamp and so you will not be able to get off in our country, you will need to stay on the ship for all 3 ports. Also, because your book is full, you are being fined $300 which will be paid to us by your ship card to be put on your credit card.

WOW! No way to contest that or get out of it. They had a $300 fine that they were charging the ship and the ship was passing the cost on to the woman.

They were near tears and couldn't get off at any of the 3 ports in that country.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl
In response to Henri Jean

I do 't have a lot of stamps on my passport because we cruise all the time and they don't stamp your passport on the cruises.

Wow! I never heard of people being fined because their passport being full, but It makes sense, and if these people were seasoned travelers they should have known.
Just plain common sense.

I would never have that problem because I probably would never take a world cruise, or travel that much internationally in ten years. I just don't have that kind of money.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Caribbean cruises and things like that, they don't collect passports and stamp them at each port but if you really get cruising to Europe or Mediterranean or any other long cruise - it gets crazy.

We ended up getting 8 stamps each on day on once cruise, but the ship had gotten them stamped and we went in and out of a few other countries and then the ship got them stamped out of the country! We didn't want 8 stamps each that day!

The poor little couple was in tears. I don't think they were seasoned cruisers. I think they may have flown a lot but I got the feeling they had saved a lifetime for that world cruise and probably figured they had enough pages. If they cruised a lot on Caribbean and those kind of cruises before where you don't get stamped, then they wouldn't have realized that a world cruise really eats through passport pages.

International travel can be very inexpensive - just a matter of shopping it. We cruised from New Orleans to Rome 3 years ago and found a cheap international on Royal Caribbean. The inside cabin was $249.00 each for 14 days. Then we jumped on another cruise. Even the balcony cabins were cheap. There is no other travel for 2 weeks we could have done for under $500 for both us which included our bed and all our food. And that was the book price for that one!

We drove to California for a week or two, then drove to New Orleans and got on the ship, then went to Civitavecchia (Rome) one morning, got off our ship and went to another dock in the same port and got on another ship and sailed to Greece that afternoon.

When we went on a 28 day to Egypt and through the Suez and that entire area, Bill found that one on Princess and it broke down to $28 a day each. We couldn't have travelled around the United States and got a nice hotel for under $50 a day each, and great food on top of that!

We have found international to be very reasonable but it takes a lot of homework on Bill's part. I am shocked at the bargains he finds - usually on vacationstogo.com then he goes down to the 90 day ticker.

Every night he checks vacations to go to see what has been added to the 90 day ticker and he checks other sites and friends do the same thing and let us know when they find something good.

Expensive travel is not in our budget either!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 103 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 104 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 105 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 106 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hey Terry - after some family pages, including Joe's Sante' Fe graduation and a quick trip to Miami, I will be posting Alaska. Just started working on those, then Hawaii again.

The trip to Hawaii I will be working on next is the one when Blanca and I finally caught up with each other.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning bugs,

I will be looking forward to seeing Alaska. It will probably make me homesick!

Not much going on here. We went to the movie at the clubhouse last night and it was so cute..."A Dog's Purpose." This week we have the curbing and landscaping contractors coming to finish the backyard. Then, it is BBQ grill shopping time. We have a friend coming towards the end of the week. I hope it is done before she comes. Somewhere in that mess, I have to clean my house. So you see, I have a busy life these days.

Blanca, how is your back? I hope it is feeing better.

Well I am off to the gallery. Have a great week.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl
In response to Pink Spoonbill

Good morning!!

Henri, you are on a roll! You are going to be caught up with your scraping pretty soon. Looking forward to Alaska Pictures.

Terri, you are busy!! I bet your back yard is going to look beautiful. We both enjoy being out on the yard. We drink coffee, read, play games etc.

My back is back to normal Thank God! I am being very careful when we are working.

My phone is not working. I can text, but not receive or make calls. It's is five years old, so I guess I need a new one. Just hate to spend the money right now.

Had planned to scrap yesterday, instead we ran around all day I was dissapointed. Might have to wait until next weekend to scrap.

Have good day !!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I know the feeling Blanca. I have an old iPhone 4 and it still works so I'm not replacing it. So outdated, can't even get updates on it anymore. But... not spending the money until I have too!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Well, it took all day yesterday to get the phones, my husband also got one and be gave his to his sister. He really did not need one, he just wanted it, and today we got the new battery for it, so Rosie has practically a new phone now.

I am so tired, as long as I am moving I am ok, but the minute I sit, I am done.

Art made good progress today, while I ran errands for him.

Tomorrow I get back to helping him.

How is everyone doing??

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning bugs,

Well yesterday was a disaster. The curbing guy postponed again. Grrrr! He is suppose to come today. We will see.

So I start cleaning my house, I stop to do a load of laundry. About 30 minutes into the cycle, the pipes make a horrible sound and then, the smell of sewer gas filled the house. I went into our bathroom and the shower was full of water, soap and filth. Aaaargh. The plumber came and sent a camera down the pipes. It turned out that a drain cap was in the line clogging it. How it got there is a mystery. I suspect the previous owners. After cleaning the lines and re-cleaning the house, it smells better. I disinfected the shower twice. Yuck. I need a vacation really bad. Hahahaha!

Blanca, it sounds like you need a vacation too! Hope it gets better for you and you can rest a bit.

I just haven't been in the scrapping mode lately. I have been so uninspired. Don't know what is going on. I have about six layouts half done and can't seem to finish them. Plus I'm jumping around and not doing them in order. What the heck? My OCD is going bonkers!!! Hahaha!

Oh Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Happy Valentine's Day to you Terri, and to everybody else.

Bill is getting out really cheap this year. He has a secret shopper assignment at Gaters, Dockside so he gets paid for taking me. Such a deal!

I don't expect any goodies, as I got diamond earrings last month for no reason.

Sorry yesterday was so bad Terri - that is a disaster! What a mess to have to deal with! Glad your house is smelling nice again and things are fixed.

Now if the curb guy will just get there...

Hope today is a lot better for you!

And hope everyone else has a nice Valentine's Day!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Arrr!!! My day is not going so good either. First I wrote a long message, only to have it dissapier.

Anyways, can’t remember if I had mentioned I had my teeth cleaned last month. They did x days and cleaned my teeth and charged me $200.00 co pay. I thought it was weird , because we never pay. Well, that should have been my first clue.

Last week I received a bill for 1990.00 and a check for $665.40 from the insurance. So I called my insurance to find out why I was getting the check. Long story short, the dental office is not in my insurance net work.
This in Palm Springs, so I had never been to them before, but I did ask if they took my insurance and they said they did. They billed my insurance for $3080.00, almost every penny I have on the coverage for the year. I am so furious.

I thank God I have the money to pay them, but I think they should be ashamed of themselves for being so money hungry. I feel for the people that don’t have insurance.

I will write a letter to the dentist and let her know how I feel and enclose it with my check.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

We went to Dunkin Donuts and got our free drinks and a breakfast sandwich! We are going out Friday night for a late Valentine's.

BTW, we are out of school the rest of the week because of the flu.

Terri and Blanca, hope things start going better. Life can be so frustrating.

Today I'm tryin to get some cruise scrapping:

First Thing By Scrapperbee

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to scrapperbee

Here's San Juan:

San Juan By Scrapperbee

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning bugs,

Well yesterday was much better. The curbing guy showed up and I HAVE CURBING!!! I love it. The curbing machine he used was old but it made a perfect curb around the back of the house. Now, the landscaper comes on Friday!!! I am so excited. It is finally comin together.

Bev, you scared me with your San Juan layout. You journaled that lots of stores with closed and then, I saw the Mallorca store. I was so relieved it was just closed for the day. Just looking at your page makes me want to go there.

Blanca, that really sucks. Why did they charge that price for a cleaning? I would find out. That was ridiculous. I hate insurance and medical/dental paperwork. Good luck.

Well I have to pick up some groceries today and clean the Florida room. Have a great day.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Henri, thought I'd check my passport for stamps--got it in 2013, and the only stamps are Dublin and C De Gaulle--we flew into both of those airports this year. I led my last Europe senior trip in 2013, but no stamps from that. But this year we're cruising the Baltic, British Isles, and Mediterranean, so guess I should plan on some stamps!

Terri, I knew you'd want to know about the Mallorca store--we were so relieved that it wasn't really closed, just open fewer hours.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Henri, I had to laugh--Wayne checks vacations to go and Sherman travel every day--love the 90 day ticker!

And here's a St. Maarten lo--it got hit by Irma hard--really sad to see it, especially for those who have enjoyed it before.

St. Maarten By Scrapperbee

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good morning! When I opened the thread this morning, it went to Terri's post and she mentioned Bev's layout on San Juan and also Mallorca's! I didn't see that one.

I scrolled up and there it was! I almost missed it! Don't know why the computer didn't go to it, and instead went to the post below it!

When we were in San Juan about the same time you were Bev, I was amazed that there was so little damage showing. The people have done an amazing job of cleaning up and getting thing nice and operational.

The only thing we were disappointed about is that the little free tourist train is not operating yet since the hurricane and we loved that. Really got us around to a lot of places so we had to do a lot more walking this time.

Sorry to hear St. Maarten hasn't bounced back. Beautiful place!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

And here's Antigua:

Antigua By Scrapperbee

Oh, and, Henri, I thought of you and Bill when I took the picture of the pirate!

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-15-18 04:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Another hard day at work!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning bugs,

I'm with Blanca. Hard at work here. I went grocery shopping in the morning and then, worked in the yard in the afternoon. We needed to do a few things before the landscapers come today. I'm excited to have it looking good. The neighbors saw it yesterday and said it looks better already even without rocks and plants.

We have company this weekend so if you don't hear from me...we at off having fun. Hahaha! Have a fun weekend.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Making progress on the cruise--St. Lucia:

St. Lucia By Scrapperbee

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning Bugs,

I forgot to post these layouts yesterday. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Hahaha!

Tuscawilla Park, FL By Pink Spoonbill

Pelicans, FL By Pink Spoonbill

I have company today but I will be back to catch up. Have a great day.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

First page for our cruise--have to remember where we went!

January 2018 cruise By Scrapperbee

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Hello, we have been hard at work. I did manage to scrap a couple of pages yesterday. I told Art we needed a break. I am so tired. Tired of the work, and tired of the house being dusty and messy, but the us part of the process so I have to grin and bear it.

Will post my los, once I am caught up on spreading love.

Fraustrated that I lost my fb account when I hit the new phone, and don’t know how to get it back

Went into the dentist office on Friday armed with my letter, and I was told that it was a mistake, that they were going to contact my insurance and for me not to do anything until they call me back. They said all I owe is $250.00. I never pay anything for X-rays and cleaning, but at this point, I will gladly pay them the $250.00

Well, going to check the boards, maybe I will get acu.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

A NEW TRIP!

Page 135 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 136 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 137 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 138 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Hello ladies!!

Henri, really like the bright colors on the los.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thanks Blanca - I'm playing more and more with brighter colors I think and having fun doing it!

Working on Juneau, Alaska today! The paper I really insist on using on it has a lot of olive green and I'm having a problem getting Juneau to work with Olive Green.

I ordered paper for each port and each one is a different color (mostly blues) and has the name of the port repeated over and over in a pattern. The one for Juneau just happened to be olive green.

The rest will be easier to work with. After using that paper for the title pages and corresponding page, then I'm sticking with the color scheme, but not the same paper for the rest of the port so Juneau is giving me fits.

Juneau will only be 4-6 pages so it won't be too bad. Ketchikan was longer but the paper was black and white so I mixed in brown and cream and it worked.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

I like the title papers, in fact I have some in order for my Mexican Riviera cruise. Can't wait to see your Alaska los. I really need to scrap my trips to Alaska. I finished a book for my son, but never even started mine.

Checking the boards early today. Having company for the weekend. My granson is comming to help Art with some of the work, but Art wants to take them out sightseeing instead.

Living room is ready for drywall, YAY! hopefully it won't take too long. Then I will do all the painting, which only takes a couple of days, and finally we can start with the floor. Feel I can start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Have a good day ladies!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Sounds like there is light at the end of the tunnel! Awesome. I know it will be beautiful - and it will be done!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

SAN DIEGO

Page 139 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 140 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 141 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 142 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean