Page 59 of 59 
Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug OPEN!        (Topic#1561931)
Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Henri Jean

Good morning bugs,

Thought I would pop in and wish you have a happy day!

Blanca, so glad to hear Art is feeling better. Nothing is worse than a sick hubby. I always feel so helpless to make mine feel better. I think you and I need a vacation. Hahaha!

Henri, I have a mental photo of Bill getting a pedicure. I can totally see the growling bear in the chair. I bet he was a purring kitty during it. Hahaha!

Well I don't know what my day will be like. It is going to be a surprise!!!

Have fun today!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

The owner of the salon asked for Bills camera and took pictures of him and I getting our pedicures. The pictures are nice of Bill but I look more like the huge bear!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

We have friends that get them more than their wives do. They feel so good. I can't get art to gear a massage either.

Heating into Bakersfield to run errands. I hate it, your whole day is gone.

Have pictures sitting on the table waiting to be scrapped, but have not had time.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

I am not a massage person! I just as soon go to the doctor for a pelvic exam. I hate massages that much. But Bill loves them.

Bill had tried so many times to get me to go for a massage with him but I just cringe at a stranger touching my back or rubbing me. Completely creeps me out.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

For his first school project at Ringling School of Art and Design, Joe had to pick a newspaper article from a Florida newspaper and put it in an animated form. He had to do everything himself and here are the results.

He has been in the school for 3 months, nearly 4 years to go! Can't believe this is just his first real creative assignment. He has learned so much in 3 months!

The video is only 43 seconds long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHEtxytmoQI

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

That is a cute video.

I feel the same way about chiropractor. Just the word makes me cringe. I love massages!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I had an awesome chiropractor in Kennesaw GA - I always loved to go to her office because I felt to good when I left! Definitely miss her but she's in Georgia, I'm in Florida.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

I love getting pedicures, getting a massage, and going to my chiropractor--just wish they were free!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapperbee

Free would be good.

Actually, the Vietnamese woman across the street owns a large salon and Bill is always helping with one thing or another around her yard. If she has contractors over, he lets them in. When she had a new roof put on he let them in constantly to assess a water leak.

Anyway, for the past 3 or 4 years, manicures and pedicures have been free to Bill and me whenever we wanted. She told us when we got the last one, come back soon so we can give you another manicure and pedicure. She says we should come in at least once a month.

Bill already does but I haven't been since I used to go in Georgia 10 years ago. Finally gave in and went with him a few days ago.

They will also do steam facials (Bill did that once, didn't like it) and they wax his eyebrows and he gets them trimmed when he gets a haircut. His eyebrows would look like Any Rooney's used to look if they were controlled! I insist his eyebrows be taken care of!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Lol! A few months ago my eyebrows were so bad, that my daughter told me I looked like the angry birds. Nothing like honesty!!

I agree with Bev, wish pedicures were free.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning bugs,

Well we are quite talkative lately.

Pedicures are wonderful. A little bit of heaven on Earth. I'm with Henri...massages are creepy. You pay for someone to feel you up!!! Chiropractor....never been to one.

I ordered eight more storage cabinets for my scrap room the other day. They were doorbusters at Michael's for 80% off. They are all suppose to be delivered today. Yippee!!! I think other than some shelving in the closet...I am completely back in business. Now, if I could just stay home long enough to scrap. Hahaha!

What is everyone doing this weekend? Well whatever it is, hope it is fun!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I am so excited for you Terri! I can't wait to see your scraproom when its all done! You are going to have an amazing amount of storage! So awesome!

You are going to be the most organized scrapper anywhere!

Have a crop at the sheriffs office tonight. Trying to get into the next book which is also a family book but not a long on. I have under 200 pictures for it and we don't just take one picture - we take a ton of them so I won't be using 200 pictures. I'll be using way less than half of them and with 3 or 4 pictures on a page - its a little book! That one is called "Happy Fall Y'all - and Merry Christmas too!"

Then the Dominican Book - super short! We were on the ship, then at the resort for 3 days and there isn't even a beach. Just stores for shopping and a pool. We did go into the town one day and got a few pictures and a few pictures in a port but it will be my shortest book ever. That one is called "Where's the Beach?"

Then then another family friend book - it is super long and may be broken up but maybe not. Won't know until I get into it. Its called, "Moments to Remember". It has our double shotgun wedding with Tom and Terri.

Then "Cruisin & Flying" - flight from Orlando to Seattle, Cruise to Alaska and back to Seattle, flight from Seattle to Hawaii and flight home. That one has a ton of pictures but I WILL get it in one book.

Now I'm getting quite a few pictures for another book which is, "Livin' and Lovin' in the Sunshine State." That is subject to change since we will spend Christmas in Alabama.

If I will buckle down, I should be able to get 1 or two of these done this year. Just having trouble getting into the next one.

Will leave 2 or 3 going into next year, but last year I had 10 big ones going into the new year!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Holly Molly Henri, you are so organized. I wish I could scrap in order, I would probably have some of my books finished.

I printed some of my Hawaii pictures, and got them organized, but will probably not get started until after the holidays.

Terri, I am seriously jealous. How I wish I had a dedicated room for scraping. My scrap closet got out of control. I have bought new things and there is not enough space to put them. Please post a picture once you are all organized. And please, please tell me how you organize your loose paper, I have such a hard time with it.

Will probably head out on Saturday for Palm Springs. I want some warm weather.

Well. Guess what? I am off to go get a pedicure

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

My weekend--get the garage ready for winter--meaning to get out the lawn mower so I can fit my car in; scrap a little, read a little, relax a lot! Also, take Christmas decorations out of the garage--now have room to store them in downstairs closet! Hope to get a tree Thanksgiving weekend!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Good morning! Bev hope you get to relax a lot.

We are attending a funeral this morning and heading out to Palm Springs right after. Hope the weather is nice all the way. We had rain and fog all day yesterday.

Art's knees were really hurting last night. That is one of the side effects, he has dr. appointment Monday morning, we'll see what the dr says. I really worry that tha medication is too strong.

Got to run and finish packing. Have a good weekend ladies.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Finished a lo! of our minivac in August:

The ponies By Scrapperbee

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Good morning! Got to Palm Springs late afternoon yesterday. I was, still am overwhelmed with the house, I have the wood floors, (that need to be laid) all over the livingroom and master bedroom floors. We have not been here since the beginning of July, so the house is so dusty.

I woke up at 1:45am and could not go back to sleep just worring about how am I going to tackle the house. I told Art it's going to take me all week to get it done.

Calling a haniman this morning to see when he can come lay the floor down.

I made up my mind. No Christmas tree this year. Unless the floor gets done.

On the bright side, the weather is beautiful. It's supposed to be 92 degrees on Thanksgiving.

Bev, I love Hawaiian history and have read many books on the subject, so when we were in Hawaii last month, I finally got to visit Iolani Palace. I was excited, sad, angry, all at the same time. So I u deferstand how excited you must have been seeing the wild ponies.

Well ladies, going out to breakfast, grocery shopping and coming back to start on the house. You can call me Cinderella instead of Blanca. That is exactly how I feel!

Have a good day!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh Blanca - don't envy you with all the housework!

The cleaners did our les than a week ago and I've had to dust again already, but at least it is very light maintenance.

I absolutely hate housework! For me though, the hardest part is picking up after Bill because he leaves a trail of clutter.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Blanca, I know what you mean about Iolani Palace. I require my US History students to know what is the only royal palace in the US and also to explain how the treatment of the Hawaiians was so bad and why many native Hawaiians would like to secede from the US.

It is beautiful, though; and I especially remember the floors.

Edited by scrapperbee on 11-23-17 12:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

A companion page to my pony lo:

Assateague Island National Seashore By Scrapperbee

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Bev, I am normally an easy person to get along, and really respect people's opinions, but when we were at the mission houses, we were the only ones on the tour, it was the last tour. Anyways, the lady was telling us how wonderful of the missionaries to teach the Hawaiians to read and write, so I told her "one thing to teach some to read and write, and another to strip them of their culture.
I told her " the missionaries did to the Hawaiians, like early settlers did to the Native Americans and the Spaniords did to the Azrecs" She really did not want to hear what I had to say. My husband just looked at me, because he knows I never say anything.

Henri, Art is the same way. What he gets out stays out.

I know this sounds mean, but I look forward to the last week in April every year. I clean my house right before he leaves ( and will stay picked up until he returns) and then play soft music and scrap all weekend, watch old romantic movies and some times, I will take a day to hang out with the ladies.

I love, love my "me time". Sorry, ladies, but I do enjoy time alone. Some times I feel guilty about looking forward to April.

Well, kiddos are here and we are getting ready to play games.

If I don't get on the thread before Thanksgiving, I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

I forgot to mention Art goes on a yearly motorcycle trip with his sons. They all have Harleys and honestly, I think they look forward to April as much or more than I do. I think it's a wonderful thing.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Good morning ladies!! Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

Did anyone do any Black Friday shopping? We spent. The day playing board games.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Never done black Friday shopping. I don't want or need anything that badly!

I do most of my shopping on line. I got a ton of scrapbooking done yesterday. Did an entire book in about 5 or 6 days!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Did order a few things online. Have never been a fight the crowds shopper!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

I have only done it once in my life, and that is because Art wanted a big screen tv. Needless to say, we did not get it at Walmart because they were sold out, so we walked into Sam's club at six in the morning, a d got the tv and the best part was, there were only a few people there.

My daughter did part of her Christmas shopping on line yesterday. She even got Drew a gift for me, I just gave her the money.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Bill just ordered my mom a bottle of Chanel #5 on line. She loves it so we give her a bottle every year or so. It has really gotten expensive! Yikes! He saved a bit by ordered it directly through Chanel. Comes with 2 gifts - I picked a fragrance sample and a mascara by Chanel.

Apparently Best Buys started their sale Thursday at 5:00 or 6:00 - and people were lined up and sleeping in tents the night before! That is crazy. Why?

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

You are right Henri, perfume has gotten very expensive.

I like Paris, and Macy's used to carry it. They have not had it in a while.

I can't imagine lining up at 5:00 on thanksgiving day to go do some shopping. That is insane.

Went to the movies today, we saw Coco. What a cute movie. Brought back memories of growing up in Mexico and going to the cementry on Dia de Los muertos.'

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

No - they were lining up the day before and setting up tents in line in the parking lot at Best Buys and staying there all night and all day Thanksgiving until the store opened late Thanksgiving afternoon! How can anybody want anything that badly?

I remember having to sleep in my car on a subdivision construction site once and it wasn't fun at all.

I had a woman who was my client and she wanted a condo in a particular subdivision that was just starting to build the final phase. There were only going to be 10-20 units in the last building and hundreds of people wanted one.

What they did - when the sales staff for the subdivision left, they put a sign up sheet and you had to sign in and wait in line - the first 10-20 got them.

They put up a camera and if you got there and left, you were eliminated you had to wait, although you could sit in your car, since it was cold that night.

I signed in about 5 the day before and then went to my car, which was on camera, so they know I didn't leave. I had a bucket of chicken, several books, blankets and everything I needed.

However, I was the only car in the parking lot until about 4:30 in the morning. It was really scary. Super dark and no lights way out of no where. If anyone bothered me, it was so dark they wouldn't even be able to get clues from the film. Every time I closed my eyes I imagined someone was walking up to my window in the dark so I didn't sleep. I just sat there.

Then others started coming around 4:30 AM, signing in and then waiting in their cars. My client got off work at 7AM (worked all night shift) and got there around 7:30 and the parking lot was packed.

We talked and waited until 10:00 when it opened and we were the first ones called in. I was so glad when that was done and that house closed.

Many of the people who applied that morning did not qualify and they expected that so they just kept taking names on the list and taking back-up offers.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

A house is worth camping for, but nothing else, well, maybe a car, if it was a super deal.

Heading home. It's super windy, kind of scary because the cars are all over the place and it's dusty.

I can't believe how much holiday traffic is still on the road.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Main thing about staying in my car on that construction site - it was secluded, not another soul around, cameras did not show a thing in pitch blackness and in my opinion, it could have been very dangerous. I didn't like it at all. If headlights came on and a car came or went, they would see movement, but other than that, nothing would be on the tape but blackness.

I have never been to St. Augustine and right now they are having their Christmas light events. It is rated as one of the top 10 places in the world to view amazing Christmas lights. I want to go!

There are all kinds of events but the one I want to see the most is Dec 9th - the boat parade at night with yachts, trawlers, shrimp boats, big boats, little boats - all decked out in Christmas decorations and lights. There is a big competition every year and it is supposed to be spectacular.

So BIll is on the phone now booking 2 rooms for December 8th, 9th, and leaving on the 10th. Our friends, Claire and George are going with us so we are booking our room and theirs so we can make sure we are in the same hotel. The Best Western only has 2 rooms left so Bill is trying to get them. Lots of confusion on the room.

They have trolleys that take you to all the attractions all day, like the country's oldest schoolhouse, the historic district, the fountain of youth and everything else there is to see.

Then at night it takes you on the tour of homes in the historic district. So much to see and do. We will go Friday morning and spend Friday and do a trolley tour, see stuff all day Saturday and then go to the water/boat parade that night and then come home sometime Sunday. We may go to the fort on Sunday before we head home. Can't wait!

This is going to be an amazing weekend get-away.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

We made it home. There was a terrible accident and we got re-routed, so that added about 1/2 hour to our drive. So cold over here.

Henri, that sounds like a nice getaway. We have a golf cart Christmas parade in our neighborhood. It's a lot of fun.

Good luck getting the rooms Henri.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We got the rooms for us and our friends. Today I will investigate and pay for the trolley tickets.

Bill was on the phone with them for over a n hour trying to get everything straight and then when they verified it before we hung up - the dumb guy had made it for April! I heard Bill say December at least a dozen times!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

It's so frustrating some times. People just don't listen.

Glad you were able to get the rooms. It will be a lot of fun. I know you will take lots of pictures.

We are supposed to get on the ship on Friday, and just found out my friend's dad funeral is on Friday.

I feel bad, but I know Lori will understand.

I can't believe how cold it is here. Art is starting a fire.

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Where is everyone else? They left us Henri!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Henri, we love St. Augustine! So historic!

hope you have a wonderful time.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

And finally have another lo--still of our August Assateague trip.

Ocean City, MD. By Scrapperbee

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Still plugging along on our summer Maryland trip

Cambridge By Scrapperbee

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

And another:

Foodies By Scrapperbee

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Hi ladies! Well, as expected my cruise went by too fast. We had a great time, lots of laughs and happy memories.

Looking forward to my next one in January. It's is so cold here.

Marty, did you enjoyed your cruise?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Can't believe you already went on your cruise and are back! Where did the time go?

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

It was just a three day party cruise. It seems, you just get on and need to get off. They are very popular here in CA. You guys in Florida are very lucky, you can take different cruises and have to pay the airfare.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That is a big advantage for us - love living near the ports. We have Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral very assessable to us and have also driven to New Orleans to get on a ship. In fact we've driven to both San Francisco and Seattle to get on ships but that is a bit of a drive, but we combined those cruises in with road trips.

We aren't fans of the cruises where you get on then get off - just as much trouble to pack for and as soon as you pack, you have to go home and unpack.

Bill has a couple more that we have our eyes on now. One is end of January - no idea where it goes or for how long. And there is a 42 we have our eye on in May but right now, way to expensive! However, its on the Prinsendam, our favorite ship. Friends called last night to see if we would join them and we may, if the price comes down!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Hi Bugs,

Sorry for the absence. With the cruise, mini road trip and a cold, I was kind of busy. I'm back now and hope everyone is well and having fun with the Christmas festivities.

I need to check out the gallery and see what you all have been up to. I haven't scraped in so long. Tom put together all my storage cabinets. Now that I am back, I need to organize so I can find everything. Wish me luck.

Have a great day.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

So good to see you back! I've missed you here! You have been busy. Hope you are feeling a lot better today!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

Good morning ladies!

Terri welcome back, hope you feel better. Nothing exciting going on here. WE got to Palm Springs late Saturday afternoon and had to go baby sit the grandkids.

Brought scrapbooking stuff with me hoping I can get something done.

I don't know what is wrong with me this year, but I am not on the Christmas spirit at all. Not one decoration is up, and I really need to go Christmas shopping, since Christmas is two weeks away.

My gypsy boys were evacuated from their home due to the fires. They have been staying with us since last week, but are heading home today. I don't think it's a good idea, but their mom wants them back. They live in the Ventura area, where the Thomas fire is raging out of control.

Have a good day ladies.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Loaded Photoshop 2018 in my computer yesterday - so far I love it!

Still going back to PSE12 for a few things I haven't figured out on 18 yet, but I think I'm going to enjoy it!

t-towngirl
Diva
t-towngirl

You are so good with digital pages. Wish I had more time to learn the process. Sandi, my friend, was going to teach us, but she is also so busy.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I downloaded the program and then figured it out myself in about 4 hours and was making my first pages. If you have a good, easy program, its easy. So many utube tutorials too - you would pick it up very quickly if you have a good feel for computers.

I'm a computer dummy but I know the basics so was able to figure it out.

Page 59 of 59 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics