Page 2 of 57 
Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug OPEN!        (Topic#1561931)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NVyankee

My husband was a military diver and taught me to snorkel. He said in all honesty he prefers snorkeling - you see more around the reefs than you do in the deep.

Never been anywhere near Norway, Denmark or Sweden or Estonia but my husband has travel a lot more than I have. For about 20 years after he retired from the army at 41 he mostly traveled - for some years as many as 11 months.

Since we got married in 2009 we've been traveling together. I've got a good bit under my belt for 2 years, but no where near so here have. I'm a traveling lightweight compared to some.

Hope to have a lot more under my belt though before the end of the year!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Pond's Restaurnt & Flowers By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Seahorse Farm 1 By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Seahorse Farm 2 By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Seahorse Farm 3 By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island Seahorse Farm 4 By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I'm not overly pleased with these layouts. They look a lot better on paper then they do in the photograph - actually they are much better in the scrapbook.

It does show my love for journaling though.

Doing a layout today on Cadillac Rancy in Texas. I'm inspired by the layots posted here using circles so that it my goal today - to do something with these using circles! Get out of my little square box! Going to be hard putting my journaling in a circle, should occupy me most of the day!

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

Henri - My favorite aspect of your layouts is when you overlap items which in effect "grounds" them to your page and helps the eye move naturally from one item to the next. I still struggle with my titles and trying to keep them from "floating" on the page with nothing to tie them into the layout.

You make great examples of the blocking technique. I can't wait to see you step outside the box with your circle layout!!!!

Great job with the journaling. It is so important to our layouts but I know I tend to do it last which means I normally don't leave much room for it. Yours looks very well planned in the layouts.

I will pop over to your gallery when my laptop is fixed (new keyboard sine I spilled coffee in it).

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to ars.scrap

FYI -- Tallin, Estonia is a wonderful city. I really didn't care that the ship went there. We loved it. It's a very well preserved medieval city but you can still see the long soviet influence.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NVyankee

Thanks for your comment about my blocking techniques! I didn't know I was doing that. I do a lot with collages too - as you will see in my gallery. We went to Hollywood and I took a load of pictures of the handprints in Graumans and the stars on sidewalk on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Didn't just want to put a bunch of star on the sidewalk so I pulled pictures of each of the people on the stars or handprints and showed them at different stages of their acting careers and prnted those and then journaled a bio on each. I tied that in with personal stories from when I met some of them, like Jimi Hendrix (strange story), Hugh O'Brien, Roy Rogers (ended up in his house once), and ended up sitting near Paul Newman at a car race. I journaled those stories too along with the bios and did a collage where everything overlapped!

I need to get my map out today to see exactly where Estonia is located.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Good morning ladies. I'm packing up my suitcase today for my next big adventure. Rarotonga here I come!

I'm really enjoying looking at everyone's LOs, and I've definitely added a few places to my bucket list.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to Kamananui

Good morning everyone!
I'm not quite all caught up, but I'll get there.

Kelly - Have fun on your trip! When do you leave?

Henri Jean - I love your layouts! You've inspired me to try and do more journalling on my pages. I also love how many pictures you use on your pages.

Angela - You have some great pictures of Moab! Just looking at your LO's makes me want to go there. I think I read it right, but it's in Utah correct?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mulan05

Oh Kelly - have a good time - I'm so jealous. And I don't think I'm the only one....

Take lots of pictures so you can get great layouts!

I've added places on my bucket list to.

When I do my pages, my focus is on, "How are my husband and I going to feel about the scrapbooks when we are 80 or 90 years old? We won't remember the details and we will enjoy the books more when we are old if the details are all there."

I want us to spend an evening together with just one book and reading the stories and saying, "Oh yeah, I remember those smoothies. We watched the guy throw the fresh pineapple and coconut in the blender. Then we went to Hawaii and tried the same thing. We had a lumpy mess!"

I guess that is why I scrapbook. To capture the pictures and the details and the funny stories. I see my mother look at old pictures now from 10 or 15 years ago. "Oh we went to Bellingrath Gardens. Seems it was hot that day." Then on to the next picture. It isn't that her mind isn't good, (she's still sharp as a tack at 83), its just that no one remenbers the details that make you smile.

On the seahorse information, we thought it was interesting that after giving birth, the male seahorse is ready again in 2 minutes! Now my husband says to me all the time, "I'm not a seahorse."

I tell him, "Yeah, but you used to be!"

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to Mulan05

Yes, Moab is in Utah. I must say that if you go to Utah, you should definitely take in both Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park (I'll upload some layouts here in a bit to show you the landscape). Bryce is one of a kind and surpases Moab area for beauty.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to ars.scrap

These first three layouts are of Zion National Park in southern Utah. Breathtaking scenery and a bit more grand than the Moab area. I must warn that it is hot and when we were there in early May we were already seeing temps in the mid to high 80's so summer is really toasty.

Emerald Pools By Ars.scrap

Together By Ars.scrap

Wonder By Ars.scrap

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to ars.scrap

Ok - These next 3 layouts are a couple from Bryce Canyon National Park - It is near Zion in Southern Utah, but much higher, therefore chillier. We had snow while visiting there in May. Talk about one extreme to another in just a couple hour drive.

BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARK HOODOOS By Ars.scrap

NATURAL BEAUTY By Ars.scrap

SERENITY By Ars.scrap

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

Left love in your gallery. Thanks for posting these. They are wonderful!

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05

Those are amazing LO's! I just love how your LO's make the colour of the rock in your pictures pop.

After seeing these LO's, I think you are right - if I do go to Utah I will have to stop in both those places.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm not overly pleased with these layouts. They look a lot better on paper then they do in the photograph - actually they are much better in the scrapbook.

It does show my love for journaling though.

Doing a layout today on Cadillac Rancy in Texas. I'm inspired by the layots posted here using circles so that it my goal today - to do something with these using circles! Get out of my little square box! Going to be hard putting my journaling in a circle, should occupy me most of the day!

I can't wait to see it. I love to see layouts of places I have been.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sherrenae

Got it pretty much done. Left the final details for next Sataurday when I go to crop. I like to be on automatic pilot at crops, I take everything with me, photos, jounraling, cardstock, patterned paper, letters - and I assemble things.

That also gives me a chance to see how well I really like it after not seeing it for a week or so and since I will be in a scrapbook store I can buy stuff and change it out or add brads or eyelts or somehting I didn't think of at home.

At crops I mat, glue, and polish. Very little thinking involved.

karenlane
New Kid On the Block
karenlane

thanks for the tip on crops. I've only attended a couple and didn't get a whole lot done. To busy chatting. If I have everything ready and just assemble it will be much easier next time I go.

Thanks

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to karenlane

I don't typically go to crops as I am not organized enough to pack for them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sherrenae

I go to so many! I was frustrated at the end of the evening because I accomplished so little.

Now I do my thinking at home. I pick cardstock and papers, I make titles on my Cricut and lift it with drywall tape so I can just glue it. Also print out journaling.

All embellies and everything is put together. I put them in a file folder (which is too small but that is okay) and put them in a 12 x 12 plastic carrying case.

Then at the crop I can cut mats and glue and talk with no problem And I get a lot accomplished! Sometimes I have to make Slice letters but that is okay.

I often grab a piece of typing paper and in 10 seconds draw a crooked rectangle (best I can do, can't draw straight lines) and put where the pictures or letters go so I don't have to figure out how to recreate it.

And by doing it that way, I sometimes see something different at the crops that I would like beter so I do it. Works great for me.

I go to a crop at "She Scrapbooks" at The Villages, FL one Saturday a month, which is all day, and a Friday night one at the extension center here which goes up until 2AM.

Then Michael's sometimes has an all day Saturday and I always try to go to that too.

But I have my scrapping to a point where it is on auto pilot. Plus by doing it that way I don't always have to take so much stuff. Although I usually do anyway, as when I'm assembling I may decide on a particular punch or eyelet.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hawaii - around the Big Island By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Stop the Car, I Saw a Zebra! By Henri Jean

karenlane
New Kid On the Block
karenlane

I just have to say it!

I am so totally thrilled that I joined this forum. It is my first and am enjoying every post. Henri Jean thank you for starting it.

(I'm even having a blast with the smilies:)

karenlane
New Kid On the Block
karenlane
In response to karenlane

On the road today. Heading to Henderson for a couple of days.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to karenlane

Have a safe trip Karen! It's hot in Henderson, bu at least its not humid heat! I think you said this is where you son lives. I'm still getting to know about everyone so I've I've made a mistake I apologize! Don't you scrap from there too?

Anyway, have a nice visit with him and pop him whenever you can! So glad you joined us here!

Wonder if kelly is on the cruise ship yet - today was her cruise dy for the Cook islands. I want to start getting itineraries so we can see where others are in their travels every day!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-31-11 10:48 AM

Karen...have a wonderful trip and take lots of photos. Henderson has a huge SB store (or they used too). I left some love in your gallery. We are so glad you joined too!

I'm so jealous Kelly is on a cruise ship to the Cook Islands. I sure hope she remembered her camera and uses it. I can't wait to see her photos and LOs.

I just wanted to tell everyone that if you don't hear from me everyday, I'm committed to the group. It is the busy season here in Alaska and I'm incredibly busy. Henri and Eileen can attest to that. I will try harder to come on more. It is wonderful to read all the wonderful places you all have been. I have added some places to my bucket list thanks to you....seahorse farm, Spain, potato museum, etc. Thanks for understanding if I'm not on everyday. Pray for October!!!! LOL!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-31-11 10:51 AM

• Henri Jean Said:
Oh Kelly - have a good time - I'm so jealous. And I don't think I'm the only one....

Take lots of pictures so you can get great layouts!

I've added places on my bucket list to.

When I do my pages, my focus is on, "How are my husband and I going to feel about the scrapbooks when we are 80 or 90 years old? We won't remember the details and we will enjoy the books more when we are old if the details are all there."
I want us to spend an evening together with just one book and reading the stories and saying, "Oh yeah, I remember those smoothies. We watched the guy throw the fresh pineapple and coconut in the blender. Then we went to Hawaii and tried the same thing. We had a lumpy mess!"

I guess that is why I scrapbook. To capture the pictures and the details and the funny stories. I see my mother look at old pictures now from 10 or 15 years ago. "Oh we went to Bellingrath Gardens. Seems it was hot that day." Then on to the next picture. It isn't that her mind isn't good, (she's still sharp as a tack at 83), its just that no one remenbers the details that make you smile.

On the seahorse information, we thought it was interesting that after giving birth, the male seahorse is ready again in 2 minutes! Now my husband says to me all the time, "I'm not a seahorse."

I tell him, "Yeah, but you used to be!"

What do you mean when we are 80 or 90? Sometimes I can't remember now and have to go to the albums to remember.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AK Teddy Bear

That is funny Terri!

I'm afraid the details seems to fade as soon as we go to the next port! I have to journal every night, even though it will be highly edited.
I just finished getting the Cliff Palace and Mesa Verda ready to mat and glue and there were things I didn't remember. I didn't journal every night on that trip and I really really regret it becuase I had to do my journaling from memory. I felt like I was flying without a net!

Back to figuring out how to scrap this bottle of mustard. I really must scrap it. And it will be the first layout in a new book so I want it to be awesome.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

I am also horrible about remembering unless I journal - I do find that if I don't journal almost immediately, I lose some great details that I'd love to include.

I don't know what type of journaling works for everyone else, but I think I've tried it all (small notebooks, calendars, IPAD, Microsoft calendar, excel spreadsheets (I should mention that I am an accounting geek by trade)), and I still keep going back to some small notebook that lives in my purse at all time.

On a side note, I drive to Manchester, NH tomorrow to start my travel back to Joplin, Missouri to be with my sister for the birth of her second baby girl - Looks for lots of photos soon!!!! I'm not sure how long I'll be there as the baby is taking her time in deciding to join us.

Take care as I'm sure I'll be a bit scarce over the next couple of days as I travel.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

Travel safely Angela. So you, Kelly, and Karen Lane are travelling now.

I keep a small notebook in my pocket for notes but I can't read my writing. At all. So I have to type it up fast - by the next day I'm clueless what I wrote.

My computer is always with me and I have an open word doc on my desktop called "trip notes" and I've used that one open doc for every trip for years. Every night I take 5 minutes to write the date, day, and what happened. Sometiems it is very lenghty but most ends up on the cutting room floor when I do final edit!

I write out what is in my spiral notebook and anything else I want to remember.

When I get home I print everything in one long doc. It may be 15 pages long!

I lay out file folders - plain old folders made for 8 1/2 x 11 files and print the journaling out and cut it apart by date or event. Sometimes we do 2 or 3 things in one day and I want pages for each thing. Once I do that I put the draft copy in the file. I print pictures and they go in the file. Then I add memorbilia and ticket stubs and anything else I want to include on those pages.

If it is something specific that I have a 12 x 12 for, like paper with San Francisco all over it, then I put it in the file. I pull die cuts and embellies that might work. Then I have a what I need to start on each layout with rough draft journaling. And everything is together. I don't have to figure out what a ticket stub written in Japanese is for long after the trip. (I always take a 12 x 12 plastic carrier with a handle which is always with me as a carryon when I fly and in it I put 12 x 12 papers I buy, memorabilia from the trip, anything I might scrap. I always put a pad of small stickies so if I get tickets or something in another language I can put a sticky on it to identify it.)

Once the files have everything except for cardstok or generic patterned paper (although specific patterned paper will be in the file) - journaling drafts, memoralbilia, embellis, pictures, paper if I have what I think I want without color matching or anything yet, the file gets a note on the front of what the date and event or place it and is put in a stand up file in order by date - oldest first.

It takes about an an hour or two after a long trip to get that completely done. Even after the 46 day cruise around South America, this part of the scrap process was set up in one evening.

Then I pull the first file. THen when I'm ready to work that page I go to the Trip journal on my desk top and copy what I want to work edit and polish. I paste it into a new word document and delete that day from the Trip journal on the desktop. So I'm always working form the top, copy/pasting to to doc to work on it and save it and deleting that part of the long file which is on top. Does that make sense?

I polish the journaling and print it, work the layout, get patterned paper or cardstock if it needs it and bring it to the mat and glue stage, then it goes in my project carrying file, still in the manila file folder to go to the crop and I go on to the next one. If it is complex I sketch out a 3rd grade level sketch so I can remember where everything goes.

Then I pull the next file and go into the trip file and copy paste the top part for it and delete that day from the trip journal doc. Once its in a new doc, I polish and get the layout semi-put together and everything chosen for the crop.

I started working them this way years ago and its the best system I've found.

Husband ordered a pizza. I thouht it would be delivered but he just took off on a Segway to go get it. Don't know how he will keep it hot coming home 4 or 5 blocks with it. Don't know how he is going to carry a hot pizza on a segway either, but he carries everything else on it.

If he runs to Lowes or Sam Clubs or Publix - he always takes the Segways and drive it up and down the isles and brings his purchases home on it.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

OK - One last post before I start traveling tomorrow - These layouts are all from Utah last May in Zion National Park (a continuation of the Moab discussion). Believe it or not, I still have 5 more layouts from the Zion National Park week. I'll post once I reach Missouri.

Maybe I scrap too many images from each trip, but just can't help it!!

RELAXING SUNSETS By Ars.scrap

BACK TO NATURE By Ars.scrap

HIKING HIDDEN CANYON By Ars.scrap

ANGELS LANDING HIKE By Ars.scrap

WHAT A VIEW By Ars.scrap

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to ars.scrap

Angela -- the national parks in Utah have always been on my list. I am so going after seeing these lo's.

Wow you ladies are organized. My husband is the "tour guide" when we travel (though we usually hire a guide too). He researches to the hilt. Has 3 ring binders for each city. So when we get home -- I take them up to my scrap room to remember where we were. I do a lot of hidden journaling on tags. I also stick memorabilia behind my lo's in the page protectors.

I will bbl to leave some gallery luv -- gotta run.

Terri -- I want to know more about your job -- sounds interesting.

I'm off to my UNPAID job at the shelter -- it's also our busy season. Besides strays, abandoned, and surrendered animals -- they are seizing lots of dogs & cats due to neglect. Left tied up in the sun without shelter, food, or water. So needless to say we are busting at the seams. Got a bead on a few dogs -- so hoping to have them placed in fosters or homes.

Resident

When I traveled in Italy and France I took a spiral notebook. It is fun, even 9 years later, to go back and read what I wrote. And I think it will help with the journaling when I do the pages.

I will be around and not traveling for a while. I just don't read the web much on the weekends, so you will see my mostly during the week.

I love seeing all the pages posted, they are great!!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Karen_in_WA

Hello,

I have to catch up. I'm like Karen in WA - I usually am on during the week only. Sometimes on the weekend but this weekend I was down and out with a fever and chest congestion. I rarely get sick and it happens in summer...really? I'm in WI and our summers are so short anyway, so another weekend wasted.

I didn't have a chance to take pics of my old LOs, but I will try to soon. Ok, off to peruse the new LOs that were posted.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Henri - thank you for explaining your journaling process, hoping I can implement some of those tips. I should really start keeping a journal for every day things too because I'm so far behind on my DS's and family albums, I won't remember all of the details.

I'm curious to hear if the pizza made the journey ok.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to pugs223

Hi everyone,

Henri - Thanks for explaining how you organize and journal. I can only hope to be that organized. Did the pizza make it home ok?

Peg - Hope you're feeling some better today.

I'm off to look at some of the new LO's in the gallery!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mulan05

He said it took him 3 minutes each way. They couldn't have delivered it by thier delivery service any quicker. I was still typing my last post when he came up the driveway with it!

He and my son are so good on the Segways that they shop and go everywhere on them. They take them out every day.

He got them so we can throw them in the van for trips. After I did a faceplant in New Mexico (the Valley of Fire) on the park trail I've been gunshy and don't get on them much anymore. We have 3 big ones and 2 little miniature Segways. I think he is selling the minis though. It was really the first time I had ridden it and it did fine but the trail was very elevated and had a very low curb on both sides of the asphalt trail so you always looked down over cliffs up to 10 or 15 feet down and the path was relavitely narrow. It was not a good place for me to learn because i was uncomfortable the entire time and didn't look over at the scenery or anything. I was too concernted keeping the Segway on the trail.

i can ride it carefully in some situations, but not tight situations. At least when it climbed the curb and threw me the fall was only 3' feet but I went face first into a bush. Had scratches all over my face for weeks.

New Mexico - Valley of Fires By Henri Jean

The lower right picture shows the trail and how it loops and wanders - you are always having to turn a little to compansate for the curves and this one had the gizmo to turn in the handle which I don't like. Now we have two handle control turn Segways and one lean-to. Everyone likes the lean-to better.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Karen (Washington) - its been 9 years - time to scrap that trip!!!

We are retired - weekedays and weekends are the same to us for the most part. Unless I have a crop, its all pretty much the same.

The organization process I explained sounds complicated, but it gets everything out of the way up front as far as sorting and pre-planning. Then you are ready to actually scrap and don't hve to look for anything or remember anything. You are ready for the fun part.

Before I started doing that it was a pain-in-the-neck getting everhything together and sometimes I would do a page and remember I had something I wanted to use on that page, or have a scavenger hunt for it. Now I'm ready to grab th file and go.

I envy people who have a nice penmanship and can read their writing. Mine really is bad. When I make a grocery list out for my husband I try to be slow and careful so it is legible but he usually comes back and says, "I couldn't figure this one out and neither could Joe." I now read it to him verbally before he leaves in hopes it will help him read it better.

Howe are you feeling today Peg? Hope you back to normal and not in bed sick today!!!!

Safe travels to Angela, Kelly and Karen Lane today. Two road trips and a cruise to the Cook Islands for Kelly!

Resident

I am just getting into scrapbooking. Last year I had to be lead kicking and screaming, into making one page for my parents 50th ann. book. My SIL desided to do one and asked a lot of the relatives to do a page. Problem is that she wasn't using a 12 X 12 scrap book and I refused to buy a whole pad of cardstock or paper for one page.

So basically, she picked my up at the airport and we went their place were we took the pictures I had brought with and we assembled a very simple page.

After seeing how simple it was, I desided to an album for my cruise, but it never dawned on me to do pages for my trips to Italy and France. The pictures are all in albums, but I don't have many paper keepsakes because I never thought to keep any.

Lately I have been thinking about doing pages for them from my pictures.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

I always start out with the best of intentions to journal doing trips and they first day or two are very detailed, then I am having to much fun and am to tired to keep going with it. On my trips to Italy, Portugal and London I typed something up immediately after getting home. I do take so many pics that these do a good job of jogging the memory.

Segways look fun, I would like to try sometime.

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife
In response to ars.scrap

Those are some awesome pics!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrappinmylife

Hawaii - Big Island - Black Sand Beach By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Volcanos National Park By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - On the Volcano Rim at Night By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big island - On the Volcano Rim in the Daytime By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - On the Volcano Rim Night and Day By Henri Jean

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

My son is desperate to do Segways -- he doesn't weigh enough yet (wish I had those problems!). he's 14 but small -- maybe next year.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NVyankee

Eileen - my husband had all the neighborhood kids on the Segway today - the full size one and they are about 7-10 years old. He just runs beside them and keeps up to make sure they have it under control.

My girlfriend has a 2 year grandson and he was everywhere on it. Bill ran beside him but had trouble keeping up with him. He totally firgured it out and had it under control.

Best Friend's Grandson on Segway - Photo 2 By Henri Jean

Best Friends Grandson on Segway - Photo 1 By Henri Jean

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Henri - those pics are so cute. Wow, I can't believe a two year old mastered a Segway. I've never tried but I'm not too coordinated.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

Adults try to balance and so they fight the Segway. In fact the first time you get on it "bucks" for 10 seconds while all the computers in it figure out your center of gravity and all, then it doesn't do that anymore. In fact it doesn't do that again when you get on - it remembers you.

The problem is that adults get on expecting to have to balance and the machine tries to balance, (which is what it is supposed to do) and so there is a conflict until the machine gets control of the balancing.

Kids get on without the balancing pre-conception that they have to do anything so they take to it much easier. The machine does all the balancing for you and kids are quicker to allow it to where adults will fight it and want to balance themselves. Once you quit trying to balance, then you can ride it.

I would never have believed a 2 year old could do this.

Eileen, if you are even in this part of central Florida Bill will be happy to give your son private lessons! My tiny little 13 year old niece in Alabama rides it like a pro!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

• Henri Jean Said:
Eileen - my husband had all the neighborhood kids on the Segway today - the full size one and they are about 7-10 years old. He just runs beside them and keeps up to make sure they have it under control.

My girlfriend has a 2 year grandson and he was everywhere on it. Bill ran beside him but had trouble keeping up with him. He totally firgured it out and had it under control.

He would do fine on the Segway becasue Bill lets children ride his all the time with very close supervision.

This 2-year old immediately grasped the concept and Bill had to run after him because he took to it so well! It just came completely natural to him, even the turning.

He didn't know how to slow down at first (you stand up straight) but he even got that really guickly.

This is the full size Segway but the handlebar is all the way down in low position. I didn't even know it went down that low!

In the bottom picture Bill was walking backwards in front of him to make sure he didn't get it going to fast and so Bill could grab him if he needed to.

Best Friend's Grandson on Segway - Photo 2 By Henri Jean

Best Friends Grandson on Segway - Photo 1 By Henri Jean

I better not let Brendan see these photo's -- the tours that use Segways always have a min weight. Bummer. Cause it looks like fun. One of my friends from sb did a segway tour around DC. So cool.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NVyankee

If it is a tour, they will have their minimums, probably because of insurance liability and you have to go along with them.

But, if you are ever in central Florida, Bill will give him a nice long lesson and get him comfortable with a one-on-one session.

I can see why they do that for tours though! They are taking responsibility for a lot of people!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Ok, I tried my best to get caught up on love. I really enjoying seeing everyone's LOs and there are definitely more places being added to my list of where I want to go. DH and I always said that family vacations are about touring the States so I think I'll start doing some planning.

My travels in the US have been pretty limited, which is really funny since I've been to Europe a few times and Jamaica but I've never been any further west than Minnesota. I definitely need to change that.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

That sounds like a plan Peg.

Bill and I talk about it a lot and are taking the absolute opposite approach. We decided that we still have our health but we are 62 years old and in 10 more years we may not feel like jumping on planes and running around the world. There are waterfalls and ruins I want to see that involve walking and hiking and already I see my hiking days slowing down considerably. Especially the way my knees hurt!

In all honesty - we take about two big vacations in this country every year for 1-3 months and two big overseas trips for 1-3 months each.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Oh I totally get that theory and if international travel wasn't so expensive, we'd take the kids and go somewhere every year. But for now, I need to concentrate on touring the states and then in about 14 years when kids are out of college, start world traveling again. We will get to Jamaica again before that though and maybe even visit my sister in Germany with the kids at least once but I need to start seeing what's in my backyard.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

You are still very young then with a young family! If I had small kids - it would be the US first, then start retirement with overseas! I would totally do it the way you are.

I think of everyone as being retired and then you go overseas while you have your health!

For family trips, overseas is almost cost prohibitive! At least not something you can do very often. And there is so much to see here and how wonderful for the kids to get those American history lessons first hand! I wish I had seen historical things when I was school age so history would have meant more to me.

When we got married in 2009, I had never seen the US or overseas so we are doing all we can while we can. I'm enjoying both!

I want to see Washington and New York. I want to see so much here - I want to see Mt. Rushmore and Old Faithful and several zoos and aquariums around the country. I want to see Niagara Falls the list goes on and on for places in this country.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Now I appreciate the history and want to learn more about it but when I was 12 and went to Chicago and Shedds Aquarium and Museum, when I was 15 and went to Washington DC and saw all of the monuments and Smithsonian...who's the kid that had attitude and didn't want to be there? Yeah didn't affect my liking history any more, it was just "dumb and old" I was a brat like that.

I'll have to remember this when I'm dragging the kids to places and they don't appreciate it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

I may have been the same way. It's just nice to think I would have benefited from it. But maybe it wouldn't have done me any good.

Mayb your kids will appreciate it and enjoy it.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to pugs223

Trying to get caught up ...

Henri - I love your Hawaii LO's. I'd love to see a volcano up close like that.

Peg - I think a lot of us were like that as kids. I hated going to museums, or listening to someone tell me the history, etc. Now I can't get enough of that kind of stuff.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to Mulan05

Thought I'd share some of my LO's from my Niagara Falls trip. I finally finished the album on the weekend and got it assembled. Now I get to start on the Las Vegas trip.

Day 3 - Niagara Falls - Left Side By Mulan05
Day 3 - Niagara Falls - Right Side By Mulan05
The Whirlpool - Left Side By Mulan05
The Whirlpool - Right Side By Mulan05

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mulan05

Thanks for Sharing Angie! Left love in your gallery on them. I've never been to Niagara Falls so I really enojoyed your layouts!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Henri --

I loved Mt. Rushmore -- went there last summer. I'd highly recommend going back at night for the sunset program. Cried like a baby!

Yellowstone is one of my all time favorite spots. You have to see Old Faithful, but honestly it's not that great. There are so many better geisers and thermal areas. But if you go -- you gotta see it. It doesn't take that long. 2 of my favorite spots in Yellowstone are the mudpots & the boiling river. Lots of people are at the boiling river --but the mix of super heated water and 50 degree river water is so cool to feel.

So I have a question-- off the top of your head:

Name your 5 favorite US destinations:
1. Yellowstone
2. DC
3. NYC
4. San Fran
5. Jackson Hole

And mine are in no particular order.

But I'd go back to any of these places in a heartbeat!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NVyankee

Okay Eileen - top 5 US destinations:
Washington (spent one afternoon as a teenager)
Hershey PA (never been)
Mt. Rushmore (never been)
Boston (haven't been since I was a teenger)
Alaska (never been)

Resident

My top 5 US destinations
Boston-never been
Washington DC-been once about 12 years ago, want to go back
Alaska-never been but planning summer 2013
New Orleans-going in January
NYC-never been

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

New Orleans is like being in another world! Still a lot obvious from Katrina too! I love the wroght iron and gardens and feel of Bourbon Street - much like areas of Charleston or Savannah. Be sure to have a beinet for me! We always have fun in New Orleans, although we are not big party people so Bourbon streets gets out of hand quickly or us at night.

Thre are fabulous cemeteries in New Orleans - and lots of ghost tours!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Top 5 U.S. Destinations that I want to see
1) Hawaii
2) Alaska
3) Grand Canyon
4) Niagra Falls
5) Mt Rushmore

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to pugs223

Name your 5 favorite US destinations
Already visited
1. NYC - did not expect to love it
2. Western SD - it is so much more than Mount Rushmore if you haven't been. Tons to do.
3. Yellowstone
4. Oregon - gorgeous state
5. Great Lakes region

Want to go.
1. Alaska
2. Vermont/New Hamshire in the Fall
3. Coastal Maine
4. Grand Canyon
5. Hawaii

Edited by Sherrenae on 08-03-11 10:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to Sherrenae

My top 5 US destinations:

1. NYC - Already been once, but still so much more I want to do there.
2. Hawaii - Never been, but it's on the list.
3. Coastal California - Went when I was too young to remember much.
4. Boston/Cape Cod - Never been.
5. Utah - Moab, and the National Parks. Never been

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mulan05

Angie, Kelly and Karen Lane - thinking about you and jealous that you are travelling! Check in when you can!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I have sent out friend requests to the ladies in this group to make it easier for me to find layouts and leave love - if I've missed you please go ahead and send me a request!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

That is a great idea. I need to do that too! I like to get the emails so I don't miss anyone's layouts as they are posted!

Got quiet here. I need to post a few more Hawaii in my gallery today and I'll post them here.

Are you doing okay today Andrea? Still learning everyone's names!

Last week my husband got up one morning (We live in Florida) and said, "Let's pack up and go to the Jacksonville today and see where the planes are going. If if we go to Washington or somewhere in on the East coast, at least we can get away for about a week."

I told him, "Sounds great but we have company coming in Thursday (which is today) so not a good idea to leave town becasue we might not make it home in time."

The will leave on the 12th and I have a feeling Bill may wnt to get out of town for a week and then get home to get yardwork caught up before we leave in Sept for 3-4 months.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Good Morning,

I was trying to upload a few pics but for some reason my computer spazzes out everytime I go to Add Images. Hope it doesn't keep happening. It was just a few pics from Europe, not LOs but some of my favorite pics from the trip.

Hope to get pictures of my albums this weekend, but it's going to be a busy weekend. We have a family reunion with my maternal grandma's family. My grandma and her siblings have passed away so it's all of their kids and the generations after. So I have relatives (my aunts/uncles/1st cousins) coming from NV, MD, AL whom I haven't seen in several years. I put together a huge photo board last night and was going to share a pic of that too. Hopefully I can get it to load soon.

Besides the family reunion, I will be cleaning and getting ready for people that want to visit my house. I am the fourth generation to own it so some people may want to see where their parents/grandparents grew up.

Thought I'd share another LO from my gallery. It's the closing page to my Jamaica honeymoon book, LOVED the sunsets there.

Jamaican sunset By Pugs223

Hope everyone is having a good day.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Henri - I love the spontaneity of your husband and you.

I am also jealous of those traveling right now. Hope you're all having a great time!

Resident
In response to pugs223

I was thinking the same as Peg. I wish I could be spontanis. But then I'm still working, and only get 2 weeks of vacation a year (3 starting next July), so I have to plan everything out.

But for me the fun is in the planning also.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Kilaula volcano & Crater Rim Cafe By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Lava Tube By Henri Jean

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Okay, finished leaving some comments for the people on my friends list, might buzz through and do some of the other ladies on the weekend.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Sherrenae

• Sherrenae Said:
Name your 5 favorite US destinations
Already visited
1. NYC - did not expect to love it
2. Western SD - it is so much more than Mount Rushmore if you haven't been. Tons to do.
3. Yellowstone
4. Oregon - gorgeous state
5. Great Lakes region

Want to go.
1. Alaska
2. Vermont/New Hamshire in the Fall
3. Coastal Maine
4. Grand Canyon
5. Hawaii

You are so right about western SD. I love Rushmore but there is so much more. I love the badlands and custer state park is one of my favorite spots to explore.

Never been to Oregon.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to aquabunny

Hi there --

loved seeing your lists. I didn't put Alaska down -- but seriously one of my favorite places. Been twice -- and we all want to go back. And of course, now I know Terri!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to NVyankee

Good Morning everyone,

Still having problems uploading pics, anyone else or is it just my computer?

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to pugs223

Good Evening all, I have to go back and make some comments already looked at everything, just can't always comment when I am at work.

I have been really stressed out this week for some reason and a bit depressed so when that happens I start longing for another trip. So on the way home from work I stopped at the travel agent. Don't think I can really afford anything big now because I have had so many major home repairs these last couple years but it is fun to dream anyway.

I do want to take some vacation time and it looks like Sept is the only time I can do it but I just can't decide what to do. I am not very good with the spontaneous I usually have to do a lot of planning. Since at least 50% of the time I travel by myself I don't like to wing it. Have any of you traveled alone? If so what have been your experiences?

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Mulan05

• Mulan05 Said:
Thought I'd share some of my LO's from my Niagara Falls trip. I finally finished the album on the weekend and got it assembled. Now I get to start on the Las Vegas trip.

Day 3 - Niagara Falls - Left Side By Mulan05
Day 3 - Niagara Falls - Right Side By Mulan05
The Whirlpool - Left Side By Mulan05
The Whirlpool - Right Side By Mulan05

I really like the photo strips - you have given me an idea - I think I might do the same - mat them perhaps but do pop dots underneath every other one - just wondering if it will flow like I think. Loved Niagra - great los.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sherrenae

I've never traveled alone. Before Bill I was a real estate agent. I actually went for 6 years only taking Christmas and Easter and Thanksgiving off (working 7 days a week). that was 6 years without one vacation or sick day. That was in subdivision sales in the new home sales office.

Then I did 10 years of resales and again, never took a day off. If a client wanted to go look at houses, I was out the door. I have worked on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter when doing resales - never would have considered going out of town. It was a hard business to build and I wasn't going to be not available for a minute because I knew people would call another agent.

One time I heard my fax ring and forgot to go check it. One of my clients when into a new home subdivision and called me to tell me she wanted me to write a contract and since I didn't get the fax, I didn't know and lost nearly $10,000 in commssion. So no days off - no travel.

I was having a lot of trouble with the uploading part of this website. I would try to upload from the "add image" page and it just froze. I started it over, got to the add image page and it froze over and over - couldn't get anything to work.

I posted at the bottom of the page where you ask for techincal help and described the problem.

Megin said that that is not desinged to hold pictures, it was so you could load several at once and if you put more than 6 or 7 pictures, it just jams and freezes.

She had to go into my account and take out all the layouts that I had in the add images and I had to limit it to just holding 2 or 3 images at a time to go into the gallery.

SO post to Megin, she will get you out of it. That is usually what the problem is.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Sherri I'm the same way, when I'm stressed I want to get away from home even for a day. We have a lot of house stuff going on too so funds are low. I've never traveled alone before either so I don't really have any tips for you.

Henri that's probably what it is, I have several images in there that I never posted, off contact Megan. Thank you for sharing that little tidbit.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

Good morning ladies - leaving for a crop at the VIllages in 15 minutes. Still in my muumuu. Need to get on the road - its a 45 minute drive!

Will let you know later tonight what I accomplished.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Have fun Henri, hope you get a lot done.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to pugs223

Good morning... or wait... good afternoon.

Trying to get caught up again Left some love for the ladies who posted LO's here. Going to check out the rest of your galleries shortly.

Happy Birthday Eileen!

Henri - Have fun at the crop!

Sherri - I've traveled by myself for work. The biggest thing for me is knowing about the area I'm going to. I'll spend some time figuring out what areas are considered unsafe and then ensure I avoid those by myself - especially at night. I also make sure I have everything with regards to transportation planned out before I leave - i.e. how I'm getting to the airport/to the hotel, how I'm traveling around the city (bus/subway/walking), etc.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-06-11 12:54 PM
In response to Mulan05

Hey Everyone,

So sorry I have been absent for so long. I had to go on a unplanned trip for work and just got back yesterday late. I promise to catch up on all of your LOs very soon.

Eileen...my job. I'm a Wildlife Inspector for Fish and Wildlife Service. Any wildife or wildife products coming in or out of the country, I inspect. I'm kind of like a Customs Officer for critters. Here in Alaska, 99% of my job is dead stuff. We have a UPS and FedEx Hub here so I inspect stuff coming in to the country. I look at everything from hunting trophies to jewelry and everything in between. Plus I am responsible for all of southeast Alaska. That's how I met Angela. I inspected her RV. Everyday is an adventure but as you can expect, summer is extremely busy with all the wildlife going out of Alaska. I like doing the live animals the best and most of my co-workers hate it. So I volunteer a lot of those shipments. I have done gorillas to ostriches! The main thing is trying to catch smugglers.

Favorite US destinations I have been: (That's hard)
1. Jebediah Smith State Park in California
2. Big Trees State Park in California
3. Mackinaw Island in Michigan
4. Miami to Key West in Florida
5. Frankenmuth in Michigan

Five I want to see:
1. Grand Canyon
2. Mount Rushmore (Thanks to Eileen's LOs)
3. All the National Parks in Utah
4. Yellowstone in Winter
5. Fall Leaves in New England

All of you that indicate Alaska...come on up! I would love to meet you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EILEEN! Now you are 21 and can have a margarita!

Well I have to go back to work but I promise to catch up on love very soon.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-06-11 01:41 PM

Hey Henri, did you see they closed the Volcano National Park on the Big Island you just SB'ed. The crater fell and lava is running everywhere. I'm beginning to think it is you. First Christchurch and now Hawaii? Just kidding!

Have a wonderful time at the crop. Can't wait to see all your newest creations.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-06-11 01:59 PM
In response to pugs223

Sherrie, I have travelled all over the world by myself. You just have to know where you are going and where not to go. If I am going by myself, I do a lot of research. If you are unsure, there is always cruises/shore excursions or organized land tours which you will be "almost" safe. I have an single friend and she is gone all the time. She prefers not to be herded so she researches and researches until she finds a safe way to do it herself. On the internet, they have single tours and trips. I haven't done one of those but.... Hope that helps.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• AK Teddy Bear Said:
Favorite US destinations I have been: (That's hard)
3. Mackinaw Island in Michigan
5. Frankenmuth in Michigan

Yeah! I grew up in Michigan, and have been to Frankenmuth over and over - so much fun. And for our honeymoon, my husband and I rented a cabin in northern Michigan, and one of the days we spent the entire day on Mackinac Island. I was sunburned when it was over, too, but that was great - I want to go back and bike around the island perimeter sometime.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to aquabunny

Terri - thanks for the info on your job. Interesting. I'd rather the live animals too. I'm our local NRA fundraiser coordinator -- so I have to visit potential donors to schmooze. I so my fill of animals trophies. We are big NRA people but not hunters. They kind of freaked me out!

And yes I did have a margarita!! Too funny I stopped at the liquor store on Friday (preparing for my bday!LOL). And I noticed the sign said they couldn't serve alcohol to you if you were born after this date. 8/5/90. OH MY! 50 really hit me at that moment. Oh well.

About traveling alone -- I've never done it outside the country. But I would in a heartbeat. I've traveled around the states by myself. LOVE IT! Only your schedule to adhere to. But Terri is so right -- research.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to NVyankee

Good morning,

Going to post some of the pics I was talking about from my Europe 2000 trip, just a couple of my favorites.

Tower Bridge - London By Pugs223
Notre Dame - paris By Pugs223
Grand Canal - venice By Pugs223
Guy in bar - Paris By Pugs223
Coliseum - Rome By Pugs223

Going to catch up on reading - I was just excited I was able to get the pics to post.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-07-11 09:17 AM
In response to pugs223

Morning Ladies,

Andrea...You know about Frankenmuth? What a small world. My Bday is in October and my GM and GP always took me there for Okoberfest. Cheese bread!!!!! My GM and I would buy two loaves because we would have to eat one on the spot. The best fried chicken ever. Okay I'm making myself hungry. For your honeymoon, did you stay at the Grand Hotel? I'm originally from Michigan. MY DH has never been to Michigan there so I want to go and stay at the Grand Hotel (bucket list item).

Eileen...not to worry about 50. It is wonderful. I did the leap a couple of years ago and with 50 comes wisdom. Adopt the "I don't care" attitude and life is good! You know that outfit you like and makes you feel wonderful but others hate it, wear it! House is dirty but something fun is happening, do the fun thing. Dirt just comes back in ten minutes anyway. LOL!
I think I will celebrate your birthday with a Margarita tonight!!!

Peg...Those really are gorgeous photos! They look like picture postcards. Are you scrappin' them? I can't wait to see what you do with them. With all my travels, I have never been to Europe. Thanks for sharing. Glad you figured out the posting. I understand completely. If it hadn't been for Eileen, I never would have figured it out!

Well I have to run some errands. Tomorrow I am so excited. The new mammoth and mastodon exhibit is at our museum from the Fields Museum and I'm going with a friend. How cool is it to see a real baby mammoth? Okay I don't get out much but it is exciting to me!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-07-11 09:28 AM

Eileen...I have to be honest, I really hate doing the hunting trophies. It is dirty, hard work, and kind of creeps me out. I especially hate when I have to do an elephant or leopard. It is disgusting what some of these people do with the animals. One guy (who already has a fully mounted elephant in his game room!) had the feet of the elephant made into waste can and had them dyed bright blue. I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against hunting for food or over population. If you have ever seen an animal starve to death, you wouldn't either. But an endangered animal!!! Big game hunters are freaky, I agree!

I sure am impressed with your work too. It is great the animals have an avocate! My BIL is retired and that is what he does. Except he keeps adopting them instead of finding a good home! LOL!

Have a great day!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• AK Teddy Bear Said:
Andrea...You know about Frankenmuth? What a small world. My Bday is in October and my GM and GP always took me there for Okoberfest. Cheese bread!!!!! My GM and I would buy two loaves because we would have to eat one on the spot. The best fried chicken ever. Okay I'm making myself hungry. For your honeymoon, did you stay at the Grand Hotel? I'm originally from Michigan. MY DH has never been to Michigan there so I want to go and stay at the Grand Hotel (bucket list item).

We didn't stay at the Grand Hotel - but I totally took a picture of the parking lot full of bicycles!

As a kid I loved going to Bronner's in Frankenmuth. It's still probably my favorite part of the city. Zehnder's and and Bavarian Inn are neat, but I always liked better the shops in the connecting hallways underneath. But sitting here thinking of the candy shops and cheese haus is making me hungry too. I love that even the McDonald's in town has a Bavarian-style look to the building.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-07-11 09:56 AM
In response to aquabunny

Oh Bonner's. I still have Christmas ornaments from there I got as a kid. Their antiques now!
Thanks for the name of the fried chicken place, Zehnder's. I was trying my hardest to remember the name. Do you live in Michigan? I need to check your profile. I lived in many places in Michigan as a kid (since my family are gypsies) but I graduated from Pinckney and lived in Hell. I worked at the Dam Site Inn. Halloween was a blast there.

Have a great day.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to pugs223

I have traveled alone a few times, but would like it if I could find a reliable travel partner too. Sometimes though it is probably best I go alone -like my trip to London a few years ago. There was a lot I wanted to do and I planned a packed schedule - had someone been with me they probably would have revolted. So speaking of London this group has made me pull out a few pics for a lo.

Swirlydoos - Tea Time By Sherrenae

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sherrenae

Terri, it is worse than that! You are right, the major earthquakes in Christchurch were right after we left. We were in Tokyo not too long ago and look what happened after we left! One disaster for them on top of another.

And poor Valpariaso Chile! We rode on the incline which was over 100 years old. We weren't home long when the earthquake hit and the incline and track were destroyed. It will never run again.

Volcanoes park is closed, but it is shared with the military camp and our IDs will get us on base. I don't know how close we would be able to get this time. If it is flowing we should be able to get to the same spot, but if it is belching - it will be way off limits to anyone.

It's odd with the Volcanoes park and the Kilaiu military place sharing a gate.

We have been talking about jumping on a plane in the next few days and going to see the flowing lava. Would be an experience. Wish you could still fly over it but you can't anymore. Otherwise we would get in a helicopter to get a really good view but now that airspace is restricted when anything is going on.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thank you for sharing you photos Peg! I especially love the one of the Coliseum! Mine did not come out that well, it seems that when I got far enough away to get a really good photo, something blocked the structure! So most of my Coliseum photos are closer up and in sections. Bummer. Loved it though.

Never been to Paris or London - those are definitely on the bucket list!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EILEEN! Hope it is a good one. I need to tell my husband I need to find a pina colada somewhere to celebrate with you! May have to settle for a glass of wine though.

Terri - the exhibit sounds awesome. Hope you get some good photos. I love all the dinosaur and prehistoric stuff so it will be an interesting day for you!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Neat London layout Sherri - left love in your gallery. I've never been there - definitely on th bucket list!

Got about 10 pages done last night - maybe it a 12.

I have 6 or 8 more ready to glue and then I'm caught up. I have about 10 more ready to lay out and get ready to take to scrap to give me 16 or 18 for this weekend and then I have nothing else to scrap.

Going to crop Friday that lasts until 2AM and one Saturday at Michels that is a 12 hour crop.

I need to get something else to work on.

I want to do albums for both of my boys for thier baby stuff. Maybe I'll throw those pictures in and then look for baby boy stuff on Saturday when I get through with my projects.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• AK Teddy Bear Said:
Do you live in Michigan? I need to check your profile. I lived in many places in Michigan as a kid (since my family are gypsies) but I graduated from Pinckney and lived in Hell. I worked at the Dam Site Inn. Halloween was a blast there.

I grew up in Riverview (one of the downriver suburbs of Detroit), spent junior high and high school in a little town in the thumb (half an hour north of Port Huron, and four miles west of Lexington), then came to Indiana for college; in the meantime my parents moved back downriver to Allen Park, and I lived there for a few years before getting married and moving back to Indiana. Michigan is the state of my heart.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-08-11 08:31 AM
In response to aquabunny

Morning Ladies,

Henri...you sure have been busy this weekend. Hope you can come up for air soon. Can't wait to see your latest creations. I learn so much from them. Can you do me a favor? Don't go to the Caribbean and Panama until my cruise. LOL! I didn't realize you had been to Chile. Did you like it? We have to talk about it. I'm thinking our 2013 cruise will be Chile and Peru. It will be our 30th and I want something special.

Andrea... I feel the same way about Michigan. I haven't been there in ....32 years. But I still think of it as home. I want to take my DH there someday and show him my home. Small world. I lived in Gross Pointe for awhile so I am familiar with Riverview.

Sherri..cool LO. I'm off to leave some love. Tally Ho!

Waves to everyone and hope your day goes well.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Okay - no Panama or Caribbean until after your trip. Actually I've been to Belize and Honduras, Cozmul and Grand Cayman and they are still there and nothing has happened to them!

I really liked Peru - we were in Lima and it really was lovely. If you go, I'm going to recommend that you see the monestary and go through it. Well worth it - we found an inexpensive tour and went. All of the churches in the area were at one time connected with tunnels and at one time. At one time they put bodies there to hide them and there is something like skeletons of about 75,000 people sorted into skulls, femus, and different bone types. Strange and very worth seeing! They are just in big bins. Not gross at all!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Mauna Loa - Left Side By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Big Island - Mauna Loa - Right Side By Henri Jean

Page 2 of 57 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics