Username Post: Closed - Embossing Folder Swap Closes August 6        (Topic#1561947)
Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Hey Y'all! There are tons of Tim Holtz embossing folders that I would love to have, but...I can't just go out and purchase them all. So, I was thinking of hosting a swap for 4X6 white, black, cream or craft cardstock from the embossing folders and maybe some die cuts as well? We could do 2 different groups. One for Dies and one for Embossing folders. It wouldn't have to be only Tim Holtz...you could send any type you have. That way, it's kind of like a stamped image swap and you expand your collection without the cost of buying all the folders. Each person could list what embossing folder they are going to be embossing for the group and sending...that way no duplicates. I hope there is some interest!! If there is I will list the rules and all the fun stuff for the swap. It shouldn't cost much to ship either!

If you'd like to participate...leave your name and I will update the thread if there's enough interest!

****Update***

This is going to officially be a round robin. If anyone else would like to join please leave a comment below and we will add you in to the mix.

Right now the players are

Shelly Anne - Host
Iuplori
ScrapbookSusie
Megan Ann

Edited by Shelly_Anne00 on 08-08-11 07:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Shelly_Anne00

Thanks for the invite, I didn't know what an embossing folder is, and I just looked it up, I don't have any of that stuff, so I'll have to pass.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Lookin4newideas

Thank you Shelly - looks like fun but I don't have embossing files or die cuts or any of the things you mentioned. I hope to get a machine to do embossing but right now its in the future!

Thanks for thinking of me - I really appreciate it!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks ladies!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

unfortunately I dont have that stuff either.. but dont give up. I know there are plenty of other ladies who do though.. gl!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to ScrapAngel4

Hmmm and I was just at Michael's last night and ALL Tim Holtz is 30% off! I could very easily be persuaded to join if you get enough interest!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to scrapbooksusie

So far just me and you Susie! Hopefully some others will want to join. I love my Tim Holtz folders!!! BUT I don't have but 2 of his so far. SAD!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I'll join but I don't have Tim Holtz

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to cutencrafty

Hey There cutencrafty!! That's fine. It can be any brand. :-)

Even if we just get a few people maybe we can still expand our collections. :-)

We'll see if we get anymore interest and if not we can just do one to one swap if you want and Susie can join us too if she likes.

KellyCreates
Diva
KellyCreates

Sorry, Shelly Anne...I'm unable to participate in a swap at this time. Best of luck, though! CHeers, Kelly

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to KellyCreates

Which ones do you have of Tim Holtz, cuz I will run up and grab one or two tonight or tomorrow and don't want to get the same ones you have!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Shelly Anne
Thanks for the invite I have a cuttlebug but only one folder so not sure I would be able to participate but thanks for thinking of me!! Hope all is well!!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

• scrapbooksusie Said:
Which ones do you have of Tim Holtz, cuz I will run up and grab one or two tonight or tomorrow and don't want to get the same ones you have!

sadly I only have gridblocks and dot matrix in the tim holtz, but I have some other ones too. I may pick up another th this weekend. I have several cuttlebug ones, some sizzis ones and one quickcutz. If it's just the 3 of us swapping...I can send y'all some of all of them. I opened up the same swap on the beach...5 people there so far. :-)

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

I printed off a coupon for Michael's I will let you know what I pick up!

hobbyaholic
Veteran
hobbyaholic

I only have Brick & Woodgrain.

I have the tattered florals, birdcage & on-the-edge file tabs.

I'm in if you go forward.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to hobbyaholic

OK I got 2 - 2 packs, that have; Bingo & Patchwork, and Rays & Retro Circles.

They're pretty darn cool! With the coupon and the sale I got each 2 pack for $5.97!!! That's awesome!!! Thanks for posting this I probably would have never bought them otherwise! =) I love reasons to shop...I just need more funds! LOL

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

AWESOME!! Hobbyaholic...at least me and Susie are gonna swap. I have a few and I'll post my list on Monday. I don't have any of the ones you have! I'm going to Michaels today. :-)

Awesome sale Susie! I'm gonna get some too! HAVE TO for that price!

Edited by Shelly_Anne00 on 07-30-11 06:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Be sure you print a 20% off your entire purchase coupon before you head out! If I wasn't so broke I'd go back up and get the other 2 they had! LOL

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Be sure you print a 20% off your entire purchase coupon before you head out! If I wasn't so broke I'd go back up and get the other 2 they had! LOL

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Susie...did you get yours at Michaels? My joann near me does not have TH!!

amymwz
amymwz 
Guru
amymwz

Hello, I have two th folders I believe. I can't remember their names right now thouh. I got them in a set I got last year. I think hey are old fashioned ones. Pretty busy looking, nothing like wood grain or circles I think. I will see about checking them. But I do have several other folders too.

I even have some smaller folders for like matching borders etc.

I have several of his dies also. I dotn have the birdcage but have wanted it for while. It would be nice to trade for some of those in the swap.

I have that long film negative from him. I even bought the bigger 4x6 sized matching film negative too, to go together. Thw big one isn't th but it is sizzix, maybe he made his smaller strip one to go with it or because if it's inspiration? Who knows?

But I also have the barouque tags too. And the key and lock or whatever it is.

Oh yeah and I have that super cute hanging sign. I just love that one!

Almost forgot I have his flower die now too.

By the way the embossing folders work in the cuttlebug for those of you who have it, actually you can use them in anything. There is a chart I have that says what you need to make the dies or folders work on any machine. I believe I got it on here while back too.

I have the sizzix purse looking machine i got it first for embossing folders. It costs $30 reg price, so with sale less than $20. Might be something you ladies might like to check out fo yu want a way to emboss.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to amymwz

Hey Amy!! Are you going to send some of all of those? I guess I need to arrange this swap better!! lol...with rules and stuff? I don't like all that, but I think it would be great. My idea was for you to make 1-3 cuts of each die or 1-3 4x6 cardstock pieces of each folder and send 1-3 for each person! I think it will work if we all have different dies and folders. I have a list of my dies, but I'm gonna wait to post both dies and folders til my run to michaels...right now! I'm getting ready to walk out the door!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Shelly-Thanks for inviting me, but I do not have those tools either, although they are on my "wish list!"

Good luck and have fun!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Claggy

Shelly, I am in! I have TONS of embossing folders, but only a few of the Tim Holtz ones...I will look at all of mine and come back and let you know which ones I have. I DO NOT have any dies yet as I only have the Sizzix Texture Boutique, not a die cutting machine. But I just got the Cuttlebug from my bff as an early birthday gift, but she hasn't mailed it to me yet. And I don't have any dies for it yet anyway. OK off to see which embossing folders I have--I have about 20-25 of them I believe so I should have a good selection for you to choose from!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to Megan Ann

Yep - at Michael's all Tim Holtz was 30% off and I printed a 20% off your entire purchase coupon so it was like $6 per set of 2!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Here are the Tim Holtz ones I have: (See under post)

I DO NOT have the WOODGRAIN one in the Bricked and Woodgrain set. I got the BRICKED in a swap without the Woodgrain.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Here are the Cuttlebug ones and one Sizzix Set I have:
Swiss Dots

Spots & Dots

Owl Flourish

Journaling Card

Script

Allegro

Birds & Swirls

Pumpkin Harvest

You

Friend

Thanks

Cupcake Princess from the "Once Upon A Princess" Set (5x7)

Butterflies in Flight

(see under post for the rest)

Edited by Megan Ann on 07-31-11 08:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to Megan Ann

I have some embossing folder dies that I have NEVER used. I like the idea of this swap BUT I would like more variety in the colors...if you consider more colors I would definitely join. Maybe folks can sign up for the folder and colors they are doing it in? Just a thought.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Here are the Cuttlebug ones and one Sizzix Set I have:
Swiss Dots

Spots & Dots

Owl Flourish

Journaling Card

Script

Allegro

Birds & Swirls

Pumpkin Harvest

You

Friend

Thanks

Cupcake Princess from the "Once Upon A Princess" Set (5x7)

Butterflies in Flight

(see under post for the rest)

If i join, going to make sure I am in a lot of groups with you! LOL...love these!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to stopnstare07

• stopnstare07 Said:
I have some embossing folder dies that I have NEVER used. I like the idea of this swap BUT I would like more variety in the colors...if you consider more colors I would definitely join. Maybe folks can sign up for the folder and colors they are doing it in? Just a thought.

I would like colors too! Or mostly white, cause I can then color them any color I want with glimmer mist/ink/paint/embossing powder/etc. But I would totally do them in colors if I have the color.

ALSO, I wanted to ask if I could emboss 4 1/2x6 1/2 cardstock instead of 4x6 b/c I have some of those DCWV Cardstock Matstacks that have lots of great colors! Then the person who receives them could just cut off the extra 1/2 inch if they don't mind. I am just lazy & thinking since I have so many folders I will probably be doing tons of embossing, which I totally do not mind, I just don't have a trimmer that does more than 1 piece of cs at a time.

ALSO, I LOVE the DCWV cardstock b/c it has a white core. If anyone doesn't want the white core, let me know, I will see if I have other cs that is solid color throughout....OOOOOIO...just thought of a fabulous idea!!!!! What about embossing on Core'dinations Cardstock!!!! I have tons of that and I love embossing on it b/c you can then sand it and get the other color core showing through--it's REALLY COOL!!!! I have the black magic Core'dinations, Chocolate Box Core'dinations, The White Core'dinations, and some of the Multicolor solid rainbow colors. Got it all 40% off when JoAnn's had a sale on Core'dinations--I ordered some stacks of it thinking they would be maybe 24 sheets of cs, but they were 60 sheets in each stack!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Here are the 4 1/2x 6 1/2 colors I can emboss in--also black, white and brown in the same size, they just aren't pretty like the rainbow!

Colors I Can Emboss In By Megan Ann

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to Megan Ann

Hey Guys!! We can do colors! Thats fine with me. I would prefer white or craft so I can use them with any colors...but we can add colors to the mix once everyone decides for sure on the folders we are all sharing. I got some new folders yesterday...so I'm going to put up my list tomorrow. Once we get that all cleared up...we can do color choices for each swapper if everyone thinks it's not too much of a hassle? Let me know your thoughts!!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Megan Ann - The larger size is fine. That may actually be the size of cardstock I have as well! I just wanted it to be at least 4X6. :-)

iuplori
Guru
iuplori

Hey Shelly...I'm just seeing this one now. I would love to join in too if you still have space. I'm all for white, color, whatever. But, I don't have any tim holtz folders. In the 4x6 size I have...

D'vine Swirl
Script Texture
Spots & Dots
Victoria
Leafy Branch
Traffic Jams
Tiny Bubbles
Floral Fantasy

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to iuplori

Looks like we will have a pretty good swap!!!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Hey Everyone!! I'm so glad that it looks like we will have a good group. I was thinking about the best way to do the swap over the weekend.

I think we can co colors for those people that want colors. Cream, black, white, craft for those that don't and that should be easy enough for me to keep track of.

How we want to do the folders are a different story. Does each swapper just want to chose what folders you want from the other group of swappers, mail them all to me and have them swapped out? Or is there enough variety in the folders we all have to just send in X amount of the folder or die cut(if you choose) and I'll swap them out that way?

I want everyone to recieve something they want and will use!! AND for everyone to get a big variety without having to go out and buy all the folders. I purchased 2 more at Micheales this weekend. I'm going to post my list on my lunch.

Here's my list of participants so far. I will update the first post with more rules and fun stuff when we decide how we'd like to do it.

I've been in stamped image swaps where each person sends in one image for each person and each person lists what they are sending so there's no duplicates, but I already see there are some of us that have a lot of the same folders.

Please let me know your thoughts!!!!

Here's the list of swappers I have so far.

Host
scrapbooksusie
cutencrafty
hobbyaholic
amymwz
MeganAnn
stopnstare07
iuplori

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

scrapbooksusie...I went to Michaels too, but they wouldn't let me use my 20% off coupon that made me so mad because it was already on the website and the old coupon was gone. So, I only got one. I went to Joann next and they have the NEWER folders by TH that are small...kind of like ATC size? I think I am going to order some of those or go back and get more or something.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Here's my folder list

cuttlebug-
swiss dots
diamond plate
allegro
diamond in the rough(one of my favs)
formal circles(4 smaller folders)
5X7 bamboo
5X7 kimiko
5X7 oriental weave
5X7 plum blossoms
japanese scales
koi
lanterns
mandarin screens
small flowers(not sure about the name)
owl flourish

Quickutz - swirls

I also have a few Disney cut and emboss for the cuttlebug if anyone is interested in those?
tricks and treats - disney
pearl frame - disney
rose frame - disney
wooden frame - disney
bubble frame - disney
heart frame - disney
star frame - disney

If we go in to dies...i can list those out too!

see under post for the ones I found in the store.

hobbyaholic
Veteran
hobbyaholic

I like the neutrals so i can fit them on any project. as for colors it depends on how you organize it all.
I also like your idea of send x get x. less complicated.

Here's my list (not including mini's/corners)

Cuttlebug Folders
*leafy branch
*Tiny Bubbles
*Script
*Floral Screen
*Swiss Dots
*stylized flowers
*Distressed stripes
*birds and swirls
*textile
*Floral Fantasy
*houndstooth
*Perfectly Paisley
*argyle
*diamonds in the rough
*devine swirl
*numbers collage
*you
*happy birthday
*traffic jam
*spots and dots
*bloom dots

SU!
*Manhattan flower

Sizzix
*flower vine
*twizzle
*snow caps
*diamonds

dies are a different story. :-)

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

yes same here for me with the dies!! I am just starting to build those up though. :-)

thank you for your input!! I think the send x get x makes more sense that way it doesnt get so complicated. The only problem with that is people getting duplicates or from folders they already have. I don't want that to be an issue.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

ok guys...I just spent a little time on my lunch with a spreadsheet...I tell ya!! I am dedicated to this swap. :-) I think we have the variety to do this and nobody get any duplicates.

How does everyone feel about me just telling you which one to send in and in what colors? If that works for you...it works for me!

I have it all down in a spread sheet who has what.

I did not list Amy or stopnstare because I didn't really get a list from you. If you still want to participate let me know and I'll add yours in.

Really not trying to be difficult but we don't want dups from folders we already have! :-) bare with me ladies!

also need to know how many you want of each one. For example do you want more than one of each folder? If I send Regal flourish...what number of 4x6 cards of regal flourish does each swapper want? 1, 2, 3? Keep in mind if we all send in one, we will all get that number back, if you send in more than one, you will get more back if we have enough people with variety. :-)

Edited by Shelly_Anne00 on 08-01-11 01:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

mms! I don't know why, but this is how I pictured the swap in my mind--each person would tell me what folders in what color and quantity & I would emboss it for them...I never thought about how I would get the ones I wanted, I have never done a stamped image swap or anything--I have hosted an embellie swap, but that was easy--you send in x things (with a max of 10 per group), you receive back x different things. I think that way is easiest on the hostess, but then you might not get EXACTLY what you wanted. BUT I thought of another idea that would be easy on you Shelly, when the time comes to swap out the packages.

SO, I would like to offer--if it is ok with you Shelly, for each person to list which of my folders they want me to emboss for them & in what colors & what quantity & I will make a ziplock baggie for each participant and put their name on the baggie with their requests inside, so all you would have to do is make sure the baggies go into the right envie, but you wouldn't have to mess with the individual embossed papers (if that makes sense!) OK, I am going to try to organize my thought process and then explain what I was thinking in much clearer terms! I am ADD, so I have a hard time with clear, concise descriptions! Will be back in a little!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

OOPS< disregard my above post, I didn't see your post about the spreadsheet plan--If you figured out a way to do it Shelly--ROCK ON!!! I'm all for doing it however you figured!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to Megan Ann

Megan, if everyone wants to do it the way you have said...that is FINE with me. Like I said, I just want everyone to get in return what they sent in. :-) I don't want you to be sending in 15 because you have such a variety and not getting that many back.

Thoughts from the group??? What is best and LEAST complicated for everyone else?

iuplori
Guru
iuplori

Wow Shelly, a spreadsheet? You are a girl after my own heart. LOL

Another possiblity that might make it easier, but takes a little time up front is just to start with 50 or 100 embossed sheets, and then mail them as a round robin to one person. So, when the box comes to you, you pick out what you want, replace it with as many as you took to bring it back up to the original number, and mail it on to the next person. Each person that gets it could just pay attention to what is in the box already and add something that isn't there to keep the variety going.

Or, the spreadsheet thing. I do love spreadsheets. I am a nerd like that.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to iuplori

lol @ Lori!!

Yes, I am a big old nerd and did a spreadsheet. :-)

Megan Ann has sent me details of a way we could do it as well...make a list for each swapper.

I just want everyone to chime in on what they think would be easiest?

The spread sheet I have shows which ones only one person has...so I thought I'd just pick that one out and that would be the one(or more) you emboss for everyone and send in. I thought that would make it simple, but it might not get everyone the folders they want?

Does everyone want to make a list from each swapper of the folders you want or go with my spreadsheet?

I am fine with either way!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I know I said I was interested but I only have a few embossing folders and it looks like a lot of the people posting have the same folders so it wouldn't do much good for anyone.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to cutencrafty

not a problem cutencrafty! it seems like it's getting kind of complicated. I didn't inted for it to be. :-) if there are any I have that you'd like to swap with individually...pm me and we can swap. :-)

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

I also like the round robin type too - that way you can see and pick through what you want and people with duplicates can still play too!? Just a thought. With the size we could probably get by with a small priority size box or even a padded envie!?!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

OH and I am going to have to check into the atc size embossing folders, sounds like a me thing for sure!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

scrapbooksusie...I ordered them all today!! :-) They are 40% off at joann and I had a coupon for free shipping. I had $37 left for my July budget, but I'm on HOLD for sure now!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

COOOOL!!!! I am jealous! That's a really great deal!!!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

I will have to go home and look for the folders I have. I can tell you now it won't be anything that isn't already listed because I am not a big embosser.

The round robin sounds good too, actually. It would just need to be in a small box so postage won't be too much and it will only be postage one way so then we are saving on postage a little (having to send to you and then send back) The down side to that is getting the box and not wanting anything in there though...pros and cons to everything! :-)

hobbyaholic
Veteran
hobbyaholic

Ladies, I won't be able to go this round. Maybe next time. Sorry to have to back out so early.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

not a problem hobbyaholic! thanks for letting us know.

sounds like we have 3 people at least who say go with round robin. I'm a little worried about these kinds of swaps, like stopnstare said...pros and cons to everything. But, we will give it a try!

I need to hear from everyone by close date of the swap ....which is August 6...if you still want to participate in the round robin style. The ones who suggested round robin, but pm me your address. :-) I also need you to PM me your address by August 6 or you will not be included in the swap.

I'll be updating the first post a little later with rules and such. :-)

Edited by Shelly_Anne00 on 08-03-11 08:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

i will play along

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to Megan Ann

The few I have are what others have as well so I will be no good for this swap. Great idea though, best of luck to you with your swap!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

sent my address in a PM Shelly

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to Megan Ann

Sending my addy in a PM...

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

ok ladies...i got the pm's and replied, but I'm also posting here in case anyone wants to join between now and Saturday we can throw them in the mix. :-)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics