Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: August Die Cut Swap - SWAPPED OUT        (Topic#1562351)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Hi, since I had so much fun with the past two die cut swaps hosted by April, I asked her if she'd mind if I started up the third one and she said I was welcome to start it up and she'd help out. Some things I copied and pasted from her last swap, some are new.

For this swap you will be making die cuts using a cricut, cuttlebug, sizzix, silhouette, anything you have to make die cuts with. You will be sending them to me and I will swap them out and return back to you with the category you pick.

PLEASE READ SOME RULES HAVE CHANGED!

Due Date: Postmarked by September 7, 2011 .

Flakers need not join!! You must check in at least once a week, it only takes a minute to say "jci" or add a smile. If you need to drop out of the swap please pm me so I can fill your spot. If it's September 4th and you haven't started, PLEASE let me know ASAP.

The Swap: For this swap you will
1. Pick the categories you want to make die cuts for.
2. make your die cut 1 per person in your group, and bag each die with your name, sb.com name, and group name on it then bag each category together.
3. send to me with the same amount of postage and 2 extra stamps (your unused postage will be returned to you) I will reuse your mailer unless it is damaged

SEND TO:
Sally McCracken
4603 Maplecrest Ave
Parma, OH 44134

If you use a die cut that has layers on the design please use the layers also. You do NOT have to embellish your die cuts, that is up to you. Please send in work that you would be happy to use on your own pages!

Any questions feel free to ask

If you can think of additional categories, let me know and I'll add them.

name - received

-------------------------

** Cats **

1. Shelly Anne
2. Meredith H
3. Kdsmommy
4. Patty
5. Your ScrapAttack
6. Hostess

** Dogs **

1. Shelly Anne
2. Meredith H
3. Vivian
4. Jen
5. kdsmommy
6. Bon

** Fall **

1. Meredith H
2. Hostess/angel spot
3. Sarah
4. Vivian
5. Suzi
6. kdsmommy

** School **

1. Meredith H8)
2. Sarah
3. Jen
4. kdsmommy8)
5. Hostess

** Harvest **
1. Sally
2. Meredith H8)
3. Vivian
4. Suzi

** Mythical **
1. Sally
2. Meredith
3 Shelly Anne

** Teenagers **
1. Sally
2. Shelly Anne
3. Meredith H8)
4. Sarah
5. Bon
6. Stopnstare

** Birthdays **

1. Sally
2. Meredith H
3. Hostess/angel spot
4. Cassondra -
5. Bon
6. Stopnstare

8/4/11 New category added
Baby (boy or girl) If you prefer boy stuff or girl stuff, put that next to your name

1. Bon
2. Patty (boy)
3. Vivian (boy/girl -2-3" for making cards)
4. Jen
5. Sally

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-28-11 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Lookin4newideas

Sorry sally, with the wedding coming up in 24 days I'm a little swamped. Please let me know when the Sept swap is started... I'd love to join then!!!

Thanks so much for thinking of me and inviting me!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Hey Sally!!

I'd love to join. Does it matter what color our die cuts are?

I will get back to you on the categories I want to participate in. Thanks for the invite.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Shelly_Anne00

Yay Shelly! It doesn't matter what color or size.

I understand about your wedding plans Imelda. I forgot about that.. oops!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

ok great Sally!!!

I'll do teenager - rock princess cartridge
dogs - four legged friends cartridge
cats - four legged friends cartridge

I'd also like to do fall, but I'm not sure if I have anything for that category. I will get back to you on the others. :-)

Meredith h
Veteran
Meredith h

Sally, I would like a spot in each group! thanks!

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena
In response to Meredith h

Sorry hun, I have 4 nieces & nephews bdays this month. I don't want to take on too much. But this sounds like fun!! Please let me know when you will have another round at this. Would love to participate the next time!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to cheena

I'll take one each in Fall and Birthday.

Thanks for the invite friend!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

I have a question: What size should they be? Do you want to limit them to an envie size?

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Claggy

Sally thanks for the invite I will take a spot in birthday please

Thank you!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Cassondra71

Thanks for joining ladies, and for those of you who can't, I understand.

Nancy, I would say to limit the size to no greater than 6". I don't want to limit them to an envelope size because some people like to sign up for several categories and then they get too bulky for a regular envelope.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-03-11 10:58 PM

Sally,

Count me in!!!!!

You said that we could suggest some other categories...How about Baby Boy and Baby Girl?? Or Little Boy and Little Girl?? Or even just Boy/Girl and leave it open to whatever age, besides teens of course. Maybe a Sports category.

Besides my suggestions I would love to be a part of the "Teenager" and "Birthday" categories.

Thanks for this AWESOME idea...this is going to be a wonderful swap

springhillsarah
Tenant
springhillsarah
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

I'm in - sounds F*U*N! I'll take FALL, SCHOOL and TEENAGERS. I've been looking for more excuses to use my Pazzles Inspiration!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to springhillsarah

Ok Bon, I added babies, we'll see if we get enough interest. I'll save the sports for next month.

Sarah, I have you added. It's interesting to see all the different die cuts you get from the different ones people have.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 08-04-11 12:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'll be out of town tomorrow night and coming back Saturday, so if anyone signs up, don't worry, I'm not ignoring you, I'll be away from the computer.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I have a few of the TH dies but I dont think there is a category for it, but would love a category to swap some for those I dont have. I have these:

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Sassy Suzi

Ok, I'm getting tired, I now clicked on one of those die cuts three times in between trying to reply here and then losing what I typed because I didn't save it or send it.. grrrrr.

I've been trying to write that if you can be creative enough you could probably made a couple of the work for different categories. If you have any hole punches (like an apple) you could make a sign for an apple orchard and glue some apples down. Or a sign for skateboards, or Hot Topic or something teenagers like, or make flowers in harvest colors, or lock and keys for diaries. Depending on which categories you like, I'm sure something can be used that you have by changing up the color. I like all of them! (we had two or three of those categories specifically last month)

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

Wow Sally,

Your getting a great turn out with some new faces GOOD JOB!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to skittlesab5

Thanks April, well you started it and it was a lot of fun, and fun spreads!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

PLEASE NOTE: I EXTENDED THE DATE BY ONE WEEK. WITH END OF SUMMER VACATIONS AND SCHOOL STARTING, THIS GIVES YOU A LITTLE MORE BREATHING ROOM AND ALLOWS MORE TIME FOR PEOPLE TO SIGN UP!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

I will close off teenagers and birthdays.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to stopnstare07

Ok, got you added, logging off until tomorrow, have a great night everyone!

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan

Hi Sally,
Can I have a spot in baby (boy). I will check and see if I have anything for dogs and cats but for now just a spot in baby. Thanks

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to huskerfan

I'll take baby (boy/girl) but small (2"-3") cause will want to use on cards. Also, dogs, harvest, and fall.

Thanks!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Vivian Lake

Finished mine for the birthday group. Hope everyone likes them!!

Birthday present die cut By Cassondra71

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I will take a spot in "Fall" and "Harvest."

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy

May I please have spots in:

* Cats
* Dogs
* Fall
* School

Thanks.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

please sign me up for dog, school, and baby.

Thanks!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to JustJenScraps

Welcome Kdsmommy and Jen.

The front page has been updated. Everyone, please make sure I added you where you wanted.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-07-11 08:13 PM

Hiii Sally...

Can I have the last "Dog" Spot???

Thanks

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Got you down for dogs, Bon.

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan

Can I have a spot in cats? Thanks

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to huskerfan

Added you to Cats.

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan

Thank you

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

ill take cats please.

anyone else have the cricut lite meow cart?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to YourScrapAttack

Ok, I got you down.

Wow, spots are filling fast. No one wants to do "Mythical" ? Castles, unicorns, Pegasus, Fairies, Wizards...

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Ok, I got you down.

Wow, spots are filling fast. No one wants to do "Mythical" ? Castles, unicorns, Pegasus, Fairies, Wizards...

It's not that I don't want to - more like I don't have anything like that. The only thing I have is one lonely dragon svg file and it's valentine related. I'm guessing others are the same way??

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

LOL.. that's ok. One of the benefits of having a Silhouette, I can download any image any time I want for on .99. This morning I logged on Tuesday their free die cut of the week and weekly sales come out. They announced the release of Harry Potter. I didn't check it out, but the commercial cuts are usually print and cut and I haven't figured out how to do those yet.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Good morning everyone!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

jci...hope everyone is doing great!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

We have a quiet group!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

JCI

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

jci

Sally, things will get more chatty. Give it a bit more time. I'll be on more next week!

Going out of town tomorrow for a weekend crop. Gonna meet up with some SB.com gals. See ya'll Mon. or Tues.!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Claggy

Have fun Nancy!! Thanks for the warning for when you get back Just kidding, miss razzin' with you!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Hey Sally...sorry I'm so quiet but I been working working working! I'm still here though. :-)

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

jci

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

fighting the blues. turned 35 today and it's hitting me rather hard

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Happy Birthday Vivian!!! 33 and 37 were bad years for me. Then 43. I just hated saying I was those years. It's funny because 3 used to be my lucky number. Looking back, I would love to live my 30's again, before I became pregnant at 35. So many things I would do differently. Wait until you turn 50. Try saying, "I'm 50." And remembering when you were 14 (my daughter's age) saying. 'When I turn 50, I'm going to kill myself because that's too old.'"

Do something special for yourself that you'll remember for a very long time.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Vivian.... Happy Birthday!! remember its just a number it doesn't define who you are. I had a few tough years because I felt like I hadn't accomplished as much as I had wanted to but now I just try to embrace it and know time is a gift that unfortunately we have to pay for with graying hair, wrinkles and fun things like that....but it is gift no matter what the price!! Hope your blues pass....sending you lots of happy thoughts!!!

Sally I mailed my package today.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-11-11 12:32 PM

• Vivian Lake Said:
fighting the blues. turned 35 today and it's hitting me rather hard

Vivian...I know you don't know me, but I am offering you a big (((((GINORMOUS HUG))))). I want you to do something for me...It will just take a minute or two. Close your eyes...Start at the top of your head and thank God for that miraculous brain that functions so very well that you can produce the feeling of being "blue". Move down to those eyes that can see so clearly that you can create beautiful treasures to share. Move over to your ears that hear whatever it is that is in your background right now. Continue through the rest of your body, your arms and hands, your legs and feet, all the things that you are able to do that others can't. And lastly your heart. Tell that heart that it was created to sustain life, teach you to love, and help you to let go. Open your eyes now...I hope you can see that 35 year old miracle and see today in a whole new light. There is no one just like you in the whole world. One day one single year is nothing compared to the wonderful life you are blessed with. I hope I helped you today to see that you are blessed and can celebrate a HAPPY Birthday.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and advice. I actually had a good day yesterday. Went to Kohl's and got $130 worth of stuff for $50. Went and found a great optometrist who really nailed what's wrong with my right eye. Excited about getting new glasses next week. I have glasses, but they aren't worth anything for my right eye. Got a manicure/pedicure - first time ever on the pedicure. And then went to A's and got pretty paper!! ALSO, I believe I made a new friend too. That made my day in feeling like I was in second grade again (a good year).

I don't think 35 is old. It's more like this is the first time I truly 'feel' my age. I already have arthritis in my left knee and hips. I'm bummed at work - overworked and underpaid type thing. I don't do anything about it cause my husband makes great money. My boss is terrific but I'm feeling the lack when it comes to my work skills. And I struggle every day with my being 30 pounds overwt. The scale simply won't move. Not up or down. Weird. It's really a physical thing more than a mental one. I shouldn't "feel" older than I am at 35.

Ok - seriously. I'm done with the sob story. Anyone who sees me on other posts knows that I don't write sob stories. But you guys are my peeps! Now I'm gonna go get started on the diecuts!!

Today is already better

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

See, it wasn't all that bad. I wish I could have a birthday like that!

Life could be worse, you could be 50, single mom, unemployed, withdrawing from your IRA, paying all those penalty taxes, living in pain everyday. But as Bon said, there is so much to be grateful for everday.

I remember when I was 41, that's when it hit me that I was getting old. I felt old, I was also in a major depression that started out as post partum depression 4 years earlier. Going to my nephew's graduation party made me snap out of it. I had fun and felt alive again. It took another year or two to put my life back into perspective.

When you feel down in the dumps, talk to your husband, let him know your down. Don't keep it to yourself.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

For those of you that signed up for school, any grade in particular?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I got my teenagers done. If I can figure out the print and cut feature, I might be able to download a Harry Potter die cut. I can, I know I'll have to print and cut a few extras for my daughter and niece! Not sure if my nephews are into HP

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

jci.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

jci

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I did it, I did it! I figured out how to use the print and cut feature!!! So everyone in the teenager group is getting Harry Potter!!!! I might have to change my blade. I double cut and I'm still having to do some fussy cutting. But I'm so excited!!

Has anyone else never tried something because it seemed so difficult and confusing so your mind just shut down and you wouldn't attempt it? That's how I've been for the past 3 years since I got my Silhouette. I tried it for the first time this morning with a test cut they give you and it was so easy. I have Beatrix Potter rabbits I had downloaded when they came out, so I might sign up for the baby category! We'll see if I can get a cleaner cut. I'm happy, can you tell?

Happy Saturday!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Vivian glad your bday turned around.....its not complaining or sob story if you ar telling your friends....thats what we are for!! to encourage and support each other!! I must say though I am jealous of your Kohls trip.....I miss Kohls!!! we had such a wonderful relationship we would spend time together every week....and then I moved away and now there is no Kohls.....so sad!!!!

Bon.....HUGS!!!! your words are always so eloquent and loving!!!! I know without ever having actually met you that you are a WONDERFUL lady with a heart spilling over with love!!!!

Sally nice job on the HP project....are you using your cricut??

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy

jci...

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to kdsmommy

Thanks Cassondra, I have a Silhouette. I received your die cuts in the mail today, very cute! Thanks for the flower.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

jci

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

hi

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Got my harvest ones done. They're really cute veggies. If I ever find my camera, I'll take a picture of them.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

finished my baby ones. I made big bird. pics to follow.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Awww Big Bird sounds cute!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

JCI

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-16-11 12:17 PM

Hiii Ladies...

Just checking in...

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Happy Scrapping

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

here are the baby ones I finished.

Die Cut Swap - Baby Big Bird By Jenbustillo

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

• jenbustillo Said:
here are the baby ones I finished.

Die Cut Swap - Baby Big Bird By Jenbustillo

Too cute!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Good morning, I'm hoping to get all my die cuts finished this weekend. Found the camera, so hopefully can get pictures taken.

I took the last spot in Cats.

There are two spots left in Harvest, School, and baby. Four spots left in mythical. If anyone would like to take another spot or know someone someone else on SB.com that might want to swap with us, spread the word! Three weeks left! That still gives enough time to make the die cuts and get them mailed out on time. .

springhillsarah
Tenant
springhillsarah

I am struggling with what to do! I found a really cute school bus pattern for my school category. Teen is kind of stumping me! Teens are all so different!

I can say I am really excited to receive a Harry Potter die cut! I have pics to scrap from the midnight movie of deathly hallows pt 2. Obviously from my avitar I am kind of into it! LOL!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Cool, if I can find them anywhere, I also cut out the saying "he who can not be named" The school bus sounds cute. I started doing something with a peace sign in it and my daughter said that was good for girls, but not really if anyone had any teenaged boys. The next day I lucked out as Silhouette came out with their Harry Potter die cuts.

Do you have anything with guitars? Kids (and parents) are into the Playstation Guitar Hero and Rock Band or whatever new ones are out. We don't own any of those games.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 08-18-11 01:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

made scarecrows today!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Scarecrows sound so cute!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

too bad i didnt get in on teens cause i just got the cricut girls make up party and it looks awesome.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Maybe we can have a similar category next month, Rhonda.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

haven't stated on baby group cause not full yet

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

If no one signs up for the empty spots, I'll probably close the group after the last person, or I might fill a spot. Not sure ye, but will let you know. I'll wait 'til 8/27

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

JCI
those big birds are so cute!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I finished my cats!

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan

I sent mine out today. I hope everyone likes them.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to huskerfan

Oh cool, I'll let you know when they get here. I'm sure everyone will like them.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

I did my diecuts today JUST to realize that I needed to make 5, not 4! UGH!!!! Back to the drawing board!

For the bday spot, I did bday hats in pink and green. For the teen spot I did the word rebel with 2 bones behind it. Hope I can remember what size I had that dial set to! I am tired now so I will make them tomorrow. These will be in the mail by this weekend.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

jci.

henva i hear ya sweetheart on tired.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• stopnstare07 Said:
I did my diecuts today JUST to realize that I needed to make 5, not 4! UGH!!!! Back to the drawing board!

For the bday spot, I did bday hats in pink and green. For the teen spot I did the word rebel with 2 bones behind it. Hope I can remember what size I had that dial set to! I am tired now so I will make them tomorrow. These will be in the mail by this weekend.

At least you only have to make one of each of them and it doesn't have to be the exact same size or color, either. I've done that before but it's usually when I have mine all packed and doing the final count when I realize I screwed up!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy

jci...

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to kdsmommy

DONE! I will be sticking these in the mail! Thanks for having me! Can't wait to see what everyone else does!

springhillsarah
Tenant
springhillsarah

Sally - Guitars is an awesome idea! I am using a Pazzles Inspiration - so I can cut anything. I think everyone can think up a way to use a Fender Stratocaster on a layout...or a card...just to say "You ROCK." Thanks for the idea!!!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

just the baby ones are all I have left. . .

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Sarah - doesn't Guitar Hero or Rockband have one of those?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Meredith, do you still want to swap out the mythical category? If not, then I can just delete that category. I cut out a fairy and a unicorn.

Meredith h
Veteran
Meredith h

Sally,

I do. I have a castle so far and haven't decided on the other yet. I was thinking about the phrase "once upon a time" would you be interested in that?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Meredith h

That would be cool. I just started a "Book Of Me" (bom) I'm glad I didn't do a castle!

Patty (Huskerfan) I got your mail today. Your babies are cute! And I love that cat! Reminds a bit of Puss-n-boots. (Ok,I'm showing my age) Thanks for the flowers, they're very pretty!

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan

Oh good, I so glad they got there and that you like them.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to huskerfan

gonna get finished and then mailin'

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

JCI

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I took another spot here and there if I had one I could cut, other wise, I close out the categories, if you haven't noticed by now. Hopefully this will help everyone to know how many to make!

A couple people haven't checked in. I'll be sending out pm's this weekend to see if they still want to part of this round or not.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, one more and than Labor Day.. can you believe it? Summer is just about over and soon we'll be complaining about how cold it is.. at those who cold areas and that four letter word!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

jci

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

i could maybe do the mytical if using ONCE UPON A PRINCESS cart would work.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics