Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: me again!! Cards for kids!        (Topic#1562519)
randasue
Guru
randasue

hi ya'll!!! i am back to le you all know that i am starting my card project again for Royal Family Kids Camp, a camp for battered, neglectedand abused children. our camp is in clayton county, ga. ech week at camp all the campers receive cards with notes written by their counselors and other camp staff. i started this project here 3 years ago, and the great people here have helped me make it a wonderful project for the kids. i could not have done this by myself, each year we have donated over 1,000 cards and they are pretty much all used by the end of the week. I am posting the info below for you to read, and if you want to be a part of this worthwhile project, just post here and let me know. if you have any questions, just pm me, or post here. thanks for taking the time to read this.

My family is involved in a camp for battered, abused, or neglected children. The camp is called Royal Family Kids Camp, and it is a church sponsored camp, but we don't push anything on the children. We are just there to let them know that someone cares about them, and we treat them "Royally". There is a camp website that you can go to if you want to check out the organization; www.rfkc.org. There are many camps here in the US, and around the world. The camp that this project is for is the Clayton County, Ga camp. However, my dream is to spread this project to other RFK camps around the country, and the world.

Every day at camp, the campers receive cards from their councelors, and other staff members. I started this project in 2008, for the 2009 camp. This project couldn't happen without the caring people here at sb.com who helped make my dream a reality. At the camp in 2008, I had a idea that instead of just 3x5 cards with notes and stickers stuck on them, that it would be neat if we could have handmade cards for the staff to use for the notes to the campers. The first year, we had over 1,000 handmade cards donated, and the second year, we had about the same. The look on the camper's faces when they realized that someone who didn't even know them would take the time to make these cards for them was so special. The campers could be found at night, taking their cards and reading and talking about the cards, sharing their favorites with their cabin buddes. This project touches so many hearts who truly need to know that there are good people in the world, who want to help them,and care about them.

I will use this thread to post the names of those who sign up to participate, and will mark your namess as the cards are received. I do want you all to know that I understand that sometimes, situations change, and you may not be able to participate as planned. Please, just pm me, and let me know, and I will understand. If the shipping cost of the cards is a problem, pm me and I have some people willing to help in this area.

You will find all the information you need listed below, but if you have any questions, please post them here, on this thread, because you might ask a question that someone else has as well. But please feel free to pm me if you still have any questions not answered here.

1. The cards can be any size that works for you, but it is best if they are standard card size, or smaller. This is a great time to use up scraps..some of the cutest cards I have seen, are little...3x4 or so, when folded. Envelopes are NOT needed. We just write the campers name on the back of the card and put in the camper's cubby in the camp mailbox.

2. Please sign your name or screen name on the back of the cards, in small letters on the side or bottom of the card.

3. Mail the cards at any time, just be sure to mail them by mid june 2012 for the July 2012 camp. Please put your screen name on the package you mail them in to help me out.
mail to Rhonda Towe, P.O. Box 583, Morrow, Ga 30260
4. The cards can be any theme, girl, boy, or for either sex. Other themes can be: princess, prince, popular characters( Disney, movie characters, etc}, sports, floral, animals, etc.
We have an "Everybody's Birthday" party, so bd cards are great too. We also have a tea party for the girls, so that is a nice theme too. Also, positive words or quotes are nice too; way to go, awesome, you rock....etc. We seem to have more girl cards each year, so if you especially like boy themes, then that helps too. Your cards can be as simple or as elaborate as you want them to be. One person here sent me some valentines that were from the movie CARS, and I am going to cut them up and use them on cards this year. So, keep your creative mind alert, and you can come up with some great inexpensive ideas for your cards. Be sure to share any such ideas here to help out the others working on this projec.

5. Lastly, please help me spead the word about this project. I had a private school that made some cards that were just precious, and the campers loved that children like them, would do that for them! Think about groups you are involved with; girl and boy scouts, church groups, crop groups, schools, etc. For instance, if you have a blog, post a link about this on your blog. If you host a crop, give door prize tickets to anyone who brings or makes cards. If you sell sb products, or card making products, challenge your customers or crop attendees to make some. Please help me get this out to as many people as you can. If we get more cards than our camp can use, I wil send some to another rfk camp.

Well, I hope this isn't too much info, but I appreciate you taking the time. If you want to help, just post here, and I will add your name to the list here.
Thanks for reading, and Bless you!

********EXTRA INFORMATION; THIS YEAR'S CAMP WILL BE THE OLYMPIC THEME. OF COURSE, WE DON'T WANT ALL CARDS TO BE THE OLYMPIC THEME, BUT IT IS GREAT TO HAVE ALOT THAT ARE.

1. bj9268
2. Sharon Elise
3. disneylisa
4. jaspernonyx
5. bbarthehj
6. cnsarenee
7. dlanvinson
8. susanlk
9. pinkpaperairedale
10. SarahWscraps
11. renwa33
12. peridotskies
13. armygirl
14. renwa33
15. ximxyoursx
16. veejer
17. ximxyoursx
18. logawood
19. Katz101808
20. DKravec
21. texlady
22. laceykat
23. Linny
24. Christine 19850
25. Scrap-peace3
26. MichelleAdams
27. Sue-Z-Que
28. prittb
29. kiyawinn
30. lamoo12
31. vivian lake
32. missymckibben
33. scrappnmom2il
34. nautolan

bj9268 
Resident
In response to randasue

Sign me up for this. I've always wanted to participate but didn't for some reason. With this advance notice I'll definitely start making cards during my spare time.

Veteran
In response to bj9268

I want to do this again...Please sign me up.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to SHARON ELISE

I'm in again. Have about 50 made already.

I also gave my nieces a book of stickers and printed out some cards with simple borders. We'll see what they come up with.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to randasue

Sign me up, too!

EmahB
EmahB 
Expert
EmahB
  • EmahB on 08-08-11 10:31 AM
In response to jaspernonyx

I'm in!

cnsarenee
Tenant
cnsarenee
In response to EmahB

My daughter and I would like to sign up again!

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to EmahB

Sign me up too! I've already made a few. Dori

susanlk
Expert
susanlk
In response to dlanvinson

Please sign me up. I only got a few cards to you for the 2011 camp, but I hope to do much better for 2012.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to susanlk

I would like to participate. This will be my first time at this particular benefit/goodwill event. I have some "boy" embellishments and stickers that I was keeping for just the right thing. Well... this is JUST THE RIGHT THING. Thanks for the reminder. Best wishes on another successful year and thank you for being an advocate for children.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Sign me up again. I already have a few done. I am hoping to double what I sent this year.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to SarahWscraps

hi ya'll! sorry i haven't been on here for a week or so.. school started last week, and my class doesn't have a teacher yet (I am a paraprofessional, or assistant to teacher) but NOW i am the teacher!!!! so needless to say, i have been busy, and not leaving work on time, an coming home exhausted!

BUT... i am so glad i got on here tonight!!!! thanks everyone for signing up...to returning people and to new people!!! it is going to be a great year, and we are going to have fun making the cards. thanks everyone! I am going to start the list on the first page now!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to randasue

btt

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to randasue

still recruiting for this years camp project!!! you know you want to help!!! it is alot of fun, so think about joining us...we need you!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to randasue

I have always wanted to get involved with something like this. Please sign me up!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to scalvert2542

Adding you to the list! You will have a great time doing this project....thanks for wating to help! let me know if you have any questions!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to randasue

I think I only have one question right now. Is it ok to make some duplicate cards? Ex: 5 of one card design, 3 of another, etc. or do you want all different?

randasue
Guru
randasue

yes it is fine to make duplicate cards! i usually do a little of both....whatever i have and what i am in the mood for. thanks for helping out !

to anyone considering joining us...this project is open all year, to join in at any time. the cards will just have to be to me by June 25 or so, we will leave for camp on the last Sat. of June. Please help!!!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to randasue

I would love to help!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Peridotskies

My daughter Scrap-peace3 and I will join again for next years camp.

renwa33
Expert
renwa33
In response to armygirl

Count me in! I enjoy making them and will try to work on them as the year progresses!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to renwa33

glad you are joining us again....

ximxyoursx
Pro
ximxyoursx
In response to randasue

sign me up

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to ximxyoursx

ok! i will add you to the list..thanks for wanting to help, and you will have a great time doing something really special for these kids! let me know if you have any questions.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to randasue

I want to help! Sign me up!

ximxyoursx
Pro
ximxyoursx
In response to randasue

alrighty, thanks!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to veejer

veejer....thanks for joining us!
i am sorry i haven't been on here lately. my mother in law passed away, then 2 days later my father fell and broke his hip and is still in the hospital with other health issues- he is 94! so i have been working, then going straight to the hospital..so i haven't been on here much.
let me know if you have any questions, and thanks again!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to randasue

Randasue, so sorry to hear about both your mother in law and father. Stay strong.

randasue
Guru
randasue

thanks for your support...i am trying, but i am just worn out!! my daddy is doing some better, but still not where they want him to be before he can get out of the hospital. thanks again!

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to randasue

I'm so sorry about your MIL. I hope your father is recovering and will be able to leave the hospital soon.

Veejer

New Kid On the Block
In response to randasue

Hello, Me and my friend, Sheryl, are just starting a tiny home crafting business. I'd like to send a few cards.

My screen name will be our business name

SheriLin Designs

Hope to hear from you.
Linda Logwood

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to logawood

hi linda...thank you so much for wanting to help out! i hope your business goes well...please let me know if you have any questions.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-22-11 09:07 AM
In response to randasue

I would love to participate.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to katz101808

I would also love to be added to your list. I missed last years list so I've saved up lots of paper for this years.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

I have a small pkg coming your way and am working on a bigger pkg. We have until next spring to make them and mail to you, right?

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to texlady

I would like to sign up also. Sounds like a great opportunity to help out!!

I do have one question... what exactly do you mean by olympic themed?

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to laceyKat

Hi! Please sign me up...what a wonderful project!

What are the ages of the children at the camp?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

I was going to ask the same thing Linnny. I too am curious as to the age groups.

I finished seventeen cards today. They're simpler than my normal style. I'm going to try real hard not to over embellish like I always do.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Deb, I know it's going to be hard for you to not over embellish!!!!! You, the queen of embellishments!

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Linnny

well... i think they can be as lumpy as you want them to be, because they are not being mailed... they are going to be hand delivered!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to laceyKat

Yea they can be lumpy, but I'm more worried about cost. I'm using up a lot of my old flowers so I'm happy to get rid of my old stuff. I do need to find some different glue tho. The glue I have is too costly. I use the herma dotto's and I've already gone thru four packs. At $5.00 a shot, I have to stop. Anyone have a cheaper but good glue that they use.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

HeeHee....I got this project and the cards for our armed forces confused! The ones going overseas they ask that they not be too bulky! I got the criterias confused and was making sure the cards for the kids were flat!!!!! So I can bulk up!!!!

Deb, I use Magna-Tac by Beacon. I think an 8 0z bottle is about $8 and it lasts forever and holds really, really good.

OK...happy scrapping!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Linnny, can I buy the Magna-Tac at Michaels. I'd love to have another reason to go.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

I would say DEFINITELY go and take a looksie! I know M's carries Beacon. Oh and don't forget yer coupon! I already cut mine out .... don't know where dh is taking me tomorrow, but I'm always prepared!!!!!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to randasue

Please sign me up. I've subscribed to the topic so I'll be notified of any updates. It sounds like a wonderful project.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to Christine19850

wow! i don't get on for a few days and look how many of you signed up! sorry ladies...my 94 year old daddy fell and broke his hip, had surgergy, hospital 3 wks, hospice 2, now home and all my sisters are helping to take care of him. he really isn't doing well, so things are a little stressful round here.
but ya'll managed to lift my spirits! now to answer:

welcome to christine19850, laceykat, DKravec (welcome back!), linny, katz 101808. i hve added your names to the fist page. to answer your questions: i guess i should have said patriot theme...we do that camp theme the year of the olympics..you can do patriotic, or sports theme with encouraging words (way to go...great job...etc.) the campers ages are from 6 to 12 years old.
thanks again, and if you have any other questions, just ask...if i don't answer right away, someone else here that has done it before probably will.

also to texlady..i got them last week...they are really cute...thanks!!

so glad you all want to help...tell your friends!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to randasue

So sorry about your dad. I sure hope things improve for him. Wow, 94 years old. That's amazing. Don't worry about having to check in too often. We all tend to amuse ourselves around here.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Prayers for your dear dad!

Thanks for adding me...just note my name is spelled with 3-n's, Linnny. Wouldn't want to contacting the other Linny about this thread...

Beautiful brisk day here!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

I still remember three years ago Linnny when you told me the same thing. And I've never forgotten it.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to DKravec

I remember that too, but i still call ya Linny, with two n's.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to laceyKat

Kat, does that mean that when you say Linnny, you don't add that extra n to your tongue when saying it.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

You gals are too funny. That darn additional 'n' is always causing me problems! I did that because linny was already taken...at the time I thought that was such a good idea

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Did you know that all the other linny's are no longer on board here. You're about the only one left that's active. The rest don't even have anything in their galleries.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Last of the Linnnnnnnys! No Deb, I didn't know that... probably because I still don't know how to search for people on this site! I am sooo lame when it comes to puter stuff!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

First bring up your friends then go over to the left of your screen and you'll see more neighbors. Hit that and then you can type in names to find.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Hi girlies!

Thanks Deb ... I copied this so I don't FORGET!!!

ok....actually shower, dressed, and out the door now to do some errands.

Happy Friday!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to Linnny

This may be a silly question, but I don't want to assume. We are just suppose to leave the inside of the card blank, right?

Also, I didn't see my name on the front page. Just wanted to let you know I have 25 made already and continuing =)

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Stephanie, I'm pretty sure that you keep the insides blank so that the councilors can write on the insides.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to DKravec

Thanks Debbie! Just wanted to make sure.

randasue
Guru
randasue

hey everyone! just checking. thanks for the prayers for my daddy. he is home now with round the clock hosice care. we are still staying with him, just so one of us is there in case anything happens.

linnny...sorry! i will fix it for you!
scalvert2542. sorry i didn't add you...going to do that now too!

ya'll take care, and keep on making cards! i really appreciate all of you helping out!

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

More to come.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to texlady

I'm still working on my cards. I'm a bit slower than most people. I only have about 20 ready so far. I'm going to try to work my way to 50. I figure I've still got lots of time.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to laceyKat

Hi ,,I was looking at the list and I didn't see my daughters name on the list, Can you please add her,, Scrap-peace3..thanks

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

That is what I am doing. A few at a time and waiting until the box is full. Might have 75 cards before I mail. If you receive 50 cards from 20 people, that is 1000 cards. If the kids go to camp for 7 days and you need a card a day, that means 1000 cards will help 142 kids. Do we need to make more cards? 142 kids is a few kids, but if there is more than that, or less but more days, you are short cards.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to texlady

I'm thinking that if there any extra cards left over, she'll be able to put them away for next year. There can never be too much.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to DKravec

hi ya'll. i have missed being on here...still with my daddy..he doesn't have much time left now. but i am grateful that i have had a wonderful daddy, and that he has lived a long and happy life. he has always said he wanted to be at home when he passed, so it looks like that is what God is allowing to happen. thanks for your prayers!

i see ya'll are discussing the number of cards we need. last year we went through almost 2,000. we were out of them by the next to the last day of camp. their are alot of staff members, besides their counselors, that write notes too, so we go through tons! and we will keep any extra and use them the next year.
one way to really get alot of cards done is to have a card party with fellow crafters. even people who don't sb or make cards have had alot of fun getting together and making cards. church groups, girl or boy scouts, ladies groups..teenagers...get a group together and see what happens!

i really appreciate all of your help. this is really a great project that keeps giving to this kids every year. and we never know how much a simple card can mean to those who don't have much...they can carry that gift with them for the rest of their lives...

sorry..got a little sentimental, but that is how this camp is....it will change your life. this past year we had 2 siblings that had once been campers...the first few years of the camp...and one is a councelor, and the other on the praise team. it was really neat to have that happen..to see them want to give back to something that gave so much to them....

keep praying for us and my sweet precious daddy. he has always started and ended the day, and all through the day...sang or whistled, and even now, as he is transitioning, in pain and not always knowing what is going on..he still sings...."Count your blessings, name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done,,,Count your blessing, name them one by one...and it will suprise you what the Lord has done"
even if you aren't a Christian, we should all be able to count our blessings.
thanks ya'll. i will be back in a few days hopefully.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to randasue

I continue to pray for your daddy and all those who love him. I know how difficult a time this is as both my mom and dad are with our Father. How wonderful that your dad continues to count his blessings...your post has reminded me to do the same!!!
Blessings

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Linnny

count me in again. Not sure how good I'd be on the olympic theme, but I can make some other cards.

Veteran
In response to Tina scraps

I have a pkg that is almost ready to send.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to SHARON ELISE

Sending prayers and blessings to your father that he passes peacefully. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

Had to take a short break on the card front to catch up on a few things but should be ready to start back up again in a few days.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to DKravec

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts. It is amazing how he continues to sing even while being in the position he is. Sounds like you have had a pretty good father to guide you in life.

I also had to take a break from the card making, but will be starting back up in a week or so.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!!

How's you dad doing? Prayers continue.

Working on some projects and then will go back to making more cards. Only have 15 made so far....work in progress

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Linnny

I also have a box going. When it is full, I will mail it.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to texlady

Finished up three more cards yesterday. I really love being able to use up my scraps this way. I can also use embellies that I've tired of looking at.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to DKravec

RandaSue,
You brought a tear to my eye reading that about your Dad. Still loving God even tho he is in pain. Faith does that to a person. He is blessed to have his faith as I feel blessed to have mine.
I do count my blessings and thank heavenly Father every day.....

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to randasue

I have a package of 35 cards completed for you. They will go in the mail on Monday. I usually only make adult cards so I had a blast doing this many for kids! It put a smile on my face to think of the smile tht will go on the child's face to get a note of caring and compassion each day. My heart breaks for innocent children who are abused and neglected. We must all be the village it takes to raise a child.The best things in life cannot be rationed..friendship.loyalty, and love. They should never require a coupon!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to pinkpaperairedale

thank you all for your support and prayers for omy sweet daddy.he is slipping away a little more eah day. this past week, he is mostly sleeping, and when he talks we can't understand him at all. he hasn't sung too much lately, but i play te keyboard for him and hope that he can hear his favorite hymns. he is really a wonderful man and father, and i know that he is ready to go home, and to be with our mama.i thought i would share a few layouts that i have done about him, if anyone wants to see them. i am going to do that now.

i am looking forward to all yur cards, and know that they are going to be great, and more than that, they will bring joy and comfort to some very special kids. thanks again to all of you!
much love, randasue

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to randasue

Good morning girlies!

RandaSue, I look forward to seeing the layouts you made honoring your daddy! And I continue to pray.

I'm working on other committments right now...have only about 20 cards made so far, but will resume after the holidays or in between projects. this is such a cool project!!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

I too look forward to seeing your layouts. Are they in your gallery now. I'll take a look see.

I've also taken a short break on my cards while finishing up other obligations but will start up again soon. I'm hoping to at least make fifty. I have 27 right now. I love using up my scrap paper for this project.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to DKravec

no envelopes, right??

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to laceyKat

Thats right Kat. No envies.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to DKravec

I really need to get started on these....

but i have some bookmarks to make first...

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to laceyKat

No big hurry hun, you have until June of next year. I think it's June. I'll have to recheck the first page. I need to do some more boy cards. I'm trying to keep them evened out.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to DKravec

Finally finished a baby book project I took on for a friends soon to be born twins. It took longer than expected but I can now focus on cards and my own stuff again. Got 4 more cards made for the kiddos.

RandaSue, how is your dad doing?

Resident

Hello RondaSue,

I am new to card making but I would like to contribute some cards for RFKC. It breaks my heart to think of what has happened to these children and what they are going through.

How is your Daddy?

Sincerely,
Sue-Z-Q

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Sue-Z-Q

Hope to work on more of these cards once I get my holiday cards done...truly a wonderful project.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Rhonda, I sure hope all is going well with your father.

Working hard on christmas cards right now but I always try to throw in a couple cards for the kids in between them.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to DKravec

I managed to get a couple of cards made for the kids this last weekend. Moving right along.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to texlady

hi everyone! i am so sorry that i haven't been on here for a while. most of you know that my daddy has been very sick, and have let me know that you are praying for him...just to let you all know that he is still with us, and doing much better!!!one day, about a month ago, he kept saying over and over again, for hours, "AFTER 94 COMES 95". he will be 95 in march, and we think he has decided he is just not ready to leave us! he still can't get out of bed, unless we lift him out, but they are planning to start physical therapy soon. he was supposed to have it within 20 days of leaving the hospital, but he wasn't able to casue he was so sick. so, he is still with us, and doing better, and i want to thank all of you for your prayers for him!

also, thanks for all the cards you all are making! i haven't been able to any sc or cardmaking lately. things have just been too busy. we have to take care of daddy 24/7, there are 3 of us that live here, and 2 that live about 2 hours away. my sisters' that don't live here come and stay for about 10-12 days, then we take over when they go home. i am the only one that works full time, one works 2 days a week. so it has been so exhausting, but our daddy took care of us and taught us what we needed to know, it is the least we can do for him!

anyway, if i don't get on here as often, know that i am very appreicative of you helping with our cards, and for your prayers. if you will keep on praying for our family, i would appreciate it.
it's been rough since august, when my mother in law passed, daddy fell, my job took a really difficult turn, i hurt my foot at work, a dear friend at church died (0nly 44),my youngest dd's friend had to come stay with us and her family doesn't know where she is cause she was mistreated and neglected and we had to get her out of there.she is special needs like my dd and is 26, so her parents can't make her come home. then our precious coccoa passed away (our dog) then i fractured a bone in my other foot!

wow...sounds like a country song to me! anyway, i am sorry that i have gone on and on with my problems, buti know that our God can and will and has been here all along, and i can do what ever needs to be done, because He will give me what I need to take care of whatever comes my way.
thanks for listening, sorry to be so long winded!

Take care...i'll be back soon!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to randasue

So sorry for all you have been going thru but I am so happy that your father is doing much better. The prayers will continue.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

So glad to hear your dad is doing better. I too will continue to pray. Your attitude, wit, and faith is getting you through such a difficult time. Your spirit is inspiring.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to Linnny

thanks ya'll!!! i really am trying to be more positive and not have too many pity parties! the other morning i was running late, and realized i had to go to the store before work, which made me a little more late, but the upside was, i was able to see the beautiful sky that morning, and i don't ususally see it cause i live so close to my work that it doesn't take me long. so that morning, i just had to stop and thank God that i was running late, cuz i was able to ebnjoy His beautiful handiwork!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to randasue

Love that kind of positive thinking.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to DKravec

hey ya'll! well, is everyone ready for Christmas? i am not, but that is ok. i will get everything done, i hope! just wanting to wish you all a very merry christmas!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to randasue

I would also like to wish everyone a very merry christmas.

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to DKravec

Merry Christmas to all of you!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Just three more days to go.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to DKravec

Hello - I participated last year and am going to participate this year. I just NOW found this thread. I have several birthday themed cards made for this already. Gonna mail them soon cause I'm going to be moving in about 6 weeks and don't want them to get lost.

Merry Christmas!

Vivian

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Vivian Lake

Hope everyone had a wonderful christmas. I spent part of my day working on a few more cards for the camp. Did four boy cards and three girl cards. I'm trying to keep them even. I'm sure you must get a ton of girl cards since they're so much more fun to make. This is such a great project for using up my scrap paper. I never know what to do with it because I'm usually so tired of looking at it by the time it hits the scrap drawer that I just leave it there.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to DKravec

I had a wonderful Christmas. I hope everyone else did as well!~

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics