Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: me again!! Cards for kids!        (Topic#1562519)
Tenant
In response to armygirl

This sounds like a great organization and a great challenge for all us card makers out there, I'd love to join in!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to Michelle Adams

hi michelle...thanks for joining us! it is a lot of fun, and a very rewarding project. please let me know if you have any questions, and please pass this on to your friends!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to randasue

i hope you all had a great christmas, and happy new year! my dad is about the same, has some good days, and some bad, but he is not ready to give up! thanks for all the prayers!

i am so glad that you all are a part of this project, and i am asking your help in spreading the word about this project. anyone you know that might want to help, please tell them about it... i want to have twice as many cards as we did last year, cause we used everyone we had!
if i am not on here before new years, ya'll have a greatnew year, and take care!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to randasue

Well, I only have 46 so far but need to make more boy cards. I'm trying really hard to keep them even in the girl/boy dept. Right now I'm filling up a box. When I have that all filled up, I'll ship it out and start another box.

Tenant
In response to randasue

I'm starting on my cards today! I sell cards in two different stores and would love to put my work into something worthwhile and if it only brings one smile to one child it will be worth it.. Can I put a note on my Facebook page to get others to help? I know a few scrapbookers that will definitely be up to the challenge! Thanks so much for all the hard work you must do to get the ball rolling!

randasue
Guru
randasue

wow that would be great if you asked any of your facebook friends to help! i need all the help i can get this year, we are down a little on the number of people this year, so any help we can get will be wonderful! let me know if you have any questions!
thanks again! i will put your name on the list on the first page!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to randasue

I did sign up a few days ago.

scalvert2542
Pro
scalvert2542
In response to texlady

Happy New Year everyone! I ended up staying in last night instead of the usual party with the family. Therefore I brought in the new year working on cards for the kiddos. Had to take a break from cards for another project, but so glad to be working on them again. I must agree with Debbie, I too get so sick of looking at my scrap paper and this is a GREAT way to use it up! Makes room for more new paper right? lol. I too am trying to keep the boy and girls even, but I am so limited on boy stuff.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to scalvert2542

I will be sending in a few. Tring to use up some pp scraps.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to armygirl

i'll make some cards too.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lamoo12

I almost have a box filled. When it's filled, I'm going to send those out. I'll continue to make more until deadline though.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to DKravec

welcome prittb, lamoo12, and kiyawinn (from general thread)..let me know if you have any questions...adding you to first page! thanks

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to Vivian Lake

vivian, i received your precious cards today! they are so cute!!!!
sorry that i didn't see your post...the week of Christmas was crazier than normal, cause instead of 5 of us taking care of my day, i had one sister here and myself, so we were taking turns staying every other day, till the friday before new years...

i have added your name to the post, and wanted to let you know that i did receive your cards! thanks!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to randasue

add me again! I will be happy too!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to anda11

Good morning and Happy New Year to all!

I need to get back to making some more cards...I think I have about 35 made....need to make more boy cards to get it 'even'.

Have a lovely day!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

I find the boy cards to be the hardest to do. I prefer the pretty paper. I have 50 now. Going to keep going until this box is totally full, then I'll be mailing them out also.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to DKravec

Last year didn't bode well for me. However, I still have a pile of cards ready for you. I'll make sure the box is in the mail much much sooner this year!!!

Veteran
In response to Melissa Birlem

I am filling a box.It will go out this week.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to randasue

• randasue Said:
vivian, i received your precious cards today! they are so cute!!!!
sorry that i didn't see your post...the week of Christmas was crazier than normal, cause instead of 5 of us taking care of my day, i had one sister here and myself, so we were taking turns staying every other day, till the friday before new years...

i have added your name to the post, and wanted to let you know that i did receive your cards! thanks!

Thank you and glad you got them. I will make more after settling into a new home - which won't be until March.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Hi ladies. Looks like everyone made it thru to the New Year. Randasue, how's your father doing? I sure hope all is well.

Tenant
In response to armygirl

Hi again, just a quick question, what age range are the kids? I'm trying to make sure I'm not making cards too young or old..I have about 60 made and will mail when I hit the 100 mark, as the postage is outrageous from Canada:( so I'm trying to get as many in one shipment as I can!

Veteran

BOX GETTING SENT OUT TOMM.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to SHARON ELISE

Good morning!!!!! Plan on working on some 'boy' cards today....I picked up some boy embellishments.

Randasue, how's daddy feeling?

It will be a good day for us all!

scalvert2542
Pro
scalvert2542
In response to Linnny

Good Morning Everyone!

Randasue, how is your father doing?

I just got back from a cruise last night. Getting adjusted to being back lol, but plan on getting more cards done this week. While on the cruise, they had a workshop to make cards, and of course I had to join! Saved them for the kids =) My family got quite a kick out of the fact that we were thousands of miles away from home and I still managed to make some cards!

I hope everyone is doing good so far this year!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Just letting you know I'm still here and participating. I have about 50 cards at this point but plan to do lots more as usual.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to disneylisa

Stephanie, only a scrapper will find a way to scrap anywhere.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to DKravec

Debbie - that is so true!

Veteran

Box of cards went out today. Starting on another batch of cards.Sharon

texlady
Diva
texlady

My box will be full by March when I will mail it. Then I will start another box for next year. It sounds like you are getting thousands of cards. That is GREAT! In all the camps across the country, how many kids attend?

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to texlady

I have about 15 done. I am hoping to get a few more done and box mailed out in March.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to prittb

hi everyone! thanks to all of you for keeping me posted, and for all the concern shown for my daddy. he is doing about the same, he keeps saying that after 94 comes 95, and he will be 95 in march! he still is confined to bed and that drives him crazy, but he is still in his right mind and knows all of us, so we are pleased with how he is doing.
michelle...the ages of the campers are from 6 - 12.sharon elise... i received your cards today, and they are great! thanks so much!

texlady...i am not sure how many campers there are atr all the camps across the country, but there at least a hundred and something camps. we are one of the largest organizations for camps for battered and abused children. the main website is www.rfkc.org if you want to check it out.
thanks everyone...keep on making those cards!!!
let me know if you need anything.
thanks again for all your concern for my daddy!

Tenant
In response to randasue

Thank you for the info randasue. I have about a 100 made and will send out this week, then I have about 50 valentines for 2 stores to make before I start more for the kids..
You're father sounds like a tough cookie! 95 WOW! I think of all the things he must of seen and done in the world..what a wonder! I hope everything is going well! Sounds like you're really close, enjoy every minute of every day!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

95.... Wow. My dad is in his 80's and I've felt so blessed to still have him in our life. I would love for him to still be here at 95. I can't stand the thought of ever losing one of my parents.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to DKravec

Well I have 20 done (I am very slow at making cards). I will try to get some more done and mail the end of February.

Tenant
In response to prittb

Have 100 made and will post tomarrow. Got my valentines made and done with and now starting mothers day and grad cards. Always a holiday around the corner!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

howdy! I'm off to a slow start, but I have a few made and plan to do more.

I'm signed up to get updates from this message thread, but for some reason, the content of the posts never actually come through, it's just a blank email. I just haven't bothered to email sb.com about it.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Tina scraps

Rhonda, I'll be mailing my box out on Monday. We're trying to sell the house so I'm cleaning up my scrap room and getting things better organized so everything that needs mailing is going out the door Monday. I have just a tad over 50. Sure hope that helps out.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to DKravec

I have made about 50 cards that I am storing in a box,, some are A2 size and some are smaller. I want to wait a bit longer to add to this box and mail some time in April/ May.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to armygirl

OOPS, there is no mail on Monday so it looks like it'll be on Tuesday.

Rhonda, how's your dad doing. Haven't heard for awhile so I'm hoping all is well.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to DKravec

hey everybody! sorry i havent been on in a while. my dad is doing pretty good. they finally decided he was well enough to start physical therapy....after 5 months!!! they don't think he will walk, but just trying to get him stonger, and hopefully we can get him out of bed and in a wheelchair. we are all still taking turns staying with him, but i am the only one that works full time, so i can't stay at night during the week, and work the next day. i did it for several months,everyday. then i stay for 24 hours on the weekend. just pray for me and him and all of us!

i haven't done any sb or card making at all since all this happened! am trying to get some things together for cards so when i go to dad's i can work on a few.
thanks to all of you for working on the cards. i am looking forward to seeing all of your great cards.
debbie, i will let you know when i get your cards. i know they will be great!

scalvert2542
Pro
scalvert2542
In response to randasue

Awww so happy to hear that about your father. Even if it is just to gain strength, that is great progress! You all continue to be in my thoughts.

I finally hit the 50 mark on my cards and hope to get a lot more done. I may try and send out a box soon, depends if I finally make it to the post office to pick up boxes. I HATE going to the post office soo much lol. I will let you know if I send a box.

texlady
Diva
texlady

I have a box full.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to texlady

I have 65 cards now,,I was working on them this weekend. Used up lots of my half sheets of scrap pattern papers.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to armygirl

65 is awesome. I never got past the 50's. So many other things got in the way.

Tenant
In response to DKravec

Hi Hope you've received my cards I sent out, I'm trying to get caught up on my stock for the stores and may be able to send more before the deadline, always so much to do!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to randasue

Got side track by a cold and then a broken toe so looks like the end of March they will be mailed. Hope to get a few more made by then too.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to prittb

Randa: what is the latest we can mail them to you and still make this yrs camp session? I am sure you have to sort these and whatever?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to texlady

Tracking shows that the cards made it to your house safely. If they didn't, let me know and I'll check it out.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to DKravec

After listening to everyone here give a count of the number they have made, I counted mine.

101 cards ready to be mailed.

And I have a couple of friends getting together in a couple of weeks for a weekend card making for delivery to Randasue. I am guessing, but I think we are talking about mailing 155 cards by June. I am sure you can find another camp that could use them. if you have to many

Edited by texlady on 03-01-12 06:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to texlady

hi ya'll!! sorry, it is hard to get on here as much as i would like to.
thanks to all for asking about my sweet daddy. he is doing pretty good. he was finally given physical therapy, he can't get out of bed without someone really helping him, but he is pulling himself up in the bed using a ring above the bed, and will do "crunches' using the ring and won't stop until you tell him too!
his 95the birthday is the 1oth, and we are having a big party fo him! thanks for all the prayers and concerns for him!
received michele adams and d kravek's cards this week, and may i just say...."OH MY GOODNESS!!! i have never seen so many gorgeous cards!!! ya'll have dobne an awesome job! they are ablsolutly beautiful!! thanks so much!
to texlady....the camp is the first full week of july, so you should have plenty of time to get them here.

thanks to all of you, by box is full and starting aoin another on. ytou are syuch wonderful ladies to do this for our precious children at camp...it will mean so much to them...

will be back with ya'll soon, take care and keep on making those gorgeous cards!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to randasue

So glad the box made it safely. And glad to hear that your dad is doing better. We'll keep up the prayers.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to DKravec

wow, i didn;t realize just how tired i was when i typed that post....way too many mistakes! sorry...i hate it when i do that!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to randasue

Happy to hear you daddy is doing good!

I have about 35 cards made, but I'd like to make some more. I had carpal tunnel surgery a week ago, so I should be healed and able to make some more before the deadline. Just wanted you to know I'm still with you all....realized I haven't checked in in quite awhile.

Hope all are well!

Tenant
In response to randasue

I'm in!

Missy

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

mms

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to armygirl

Sign me up!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to scrappnmom2il

I just mailed off some cards but I'm in Canada and they said it could take 2 weeks before you get them.....sent them in a bubble mailer, hope they arrive ok....
Alison

scalvert2542
Pro
scalvert2542
In response to kiyawinn

Went to the post office Saturday and got boxes. I was planning on sending one out soon, however they only had the large boxes in stock, so I have a lot more room to fill it up with. As of this evening, I have 100 cards made and still going.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan
In response to armygirl

i will definitely participate, awesome project

Tenant
In response to Crafty Nautolan

I probably won't get more made before the deadline. I have been overwhelmed with things around here. My husband had a lung collapse, and was in the icu for 10 days. He is home now, and doing ok but I have so much more to do now until he's allowed to go back to work. (we run a janitorial business together).I hope my 100 I sent will be enough to get you thru with all the others making just as many or more. Next year I hope to do it again and can start this summer when things calm down a bit!

scalvert2542
Pro
scalvert2542

Sorry to hear about your husband Michelle, hope he keeps getting better.

randasue
Guru
randasue

hi ya'll! looks like ya'll have been very busy making cards! i received your cards, kiyawinn, today, and they are great!! thanks so much!
i am adding missymckibben, nautolan to first page.
Michelle adams....praying for you husband and that his recovery will be swift...thanks for your help this year..your cards are very appreciated.
ok ya'll, take care and keep on making those cards!

Tenant
In response to randasue

Thanks everyone, my husband is doing great, we both have quit smoking as a result of his lung collapse so we are both feeling the usual withdrawal symptoms. Lol. But with the money we'll save maybe the card making budget can increase! Scrapbooking stores, watch out! Lol Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers, we appreciate it!

texlady
Diva
texlady

MMS

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to texlady

Hi all!

Rhonda, I'll be mailing my cards out tomorrow. Didn't get to make as many as I had wanted to. I had carpal tunnel surgery and the recovery is much slower and more painful than anticipated. Hope to participate again next year!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Linnny

Getting mine mailed out today. I did not get that many done - I am a very slow card maker. If I start now for next year, I should get double of what I am sending for this year!

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to prittb

Hi: My pkg goes out on Thurs. I had 3 groups making cards. There is around 175 cards in the box. One group is already talking about next yrs cards. You should have a few next yr also.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to texlady

ok, i received linny's cards...hey, i understand about carpal tunnel surgery, had mine i 2010...not fun at all, but worth it in the end!
texlady..i will be watching for your cards to come soon. thank you for getting others involved too!
thanks everyone! the cards are really piling up!!
take care...

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to randasue

received tex lady's today, and boy did i have fun going thru that huge box of cards!

i also received an envelope of cards and i can't find the sb com name, but it has rashon Bowman in CA. so if you can let me know who you are that would be great!

thanks again everyone!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to randasue

Hopefully, my envelope should have reached you by now. Mine is from Redlands CA and on the back of the envelope I put my sb name.

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to prittb

Hello -

I am mailing a box of cards tomorrow. I forgot to put my name on the back of each one though - is that going to be a huge problem? I hope not : )

Dori

scalvert2542
Pro
scalvert2542
In response to dlanvinson

Hi everyone! I haven't forgotten about you all. I have been making cards but have had some other stuff come up as well. I will be sending my box to you this week. I have about 130 cards made. You should have the box sometime next week.

texlady
Diva
texlady

yes the cards will be really piling up it sounds like. I started on the next yrs box.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to texlady

i received a box from stephanie c. today from arizona....great card!! I LOVE THEM, AND SO WILL THE KIDS!!
THANKS YOU!

STILL HAVE TIME TO GET CARDS OUT..CARDS NEED TO BE HERE BY THE END OF JUNE.

THANKS EVERYONE!

scalvert2542
Pro
scalvert2542
In response to randasue

Glad you got the box. Sorry I forgot to put my username on it.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Hoping to finish up my cards this weekend.

Veteran

WORKING ON CARDS.MY LITTLE GRANDKIDS MAKE SOME! I WILL BE SENDING A BOX SOON.

renwa33
Expert
renwa33

Packed up my cards today...will be in the mail tomorrow (hopefully)...I enjoyed making them again, but only made 40 this year (sorry for the small number)...with the new baby I just don't get into the scrap room as much as I would like to....but I figured that every card counts, so I'll get them on the way. I'll try to make more for next year!!!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

susanlk
Expert
susanlk
In response to renwa33

I only have 10 made, but I hope to get more done & then I'll mail them early- to mid-June.

Hope all is well for everyone.

renwa33
Expert
renwa33
In response to susanlk

Sent my cards this past Tues...hope they arrived there OK!

susanlk
Expert
susanlk
In response to renwa33

Mine just went postal today. I managed to get 43 cards made. I really had hoped to help you more than that. I will definitely try for more next year.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to susanlk

Mine are in the mail today. I realized I left out the note that said who they were from. They are in a white hallmark envelope that has a dog sticker on the back flap. Sorry about that... but I know they are going to a great cause. This is my 2nd batch for the year.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Randasue,

I've been looking and looking on the general page for this!

My 4H club had a late start this year so we didn't make any cards but I had a girl scout at church make a bunch of cards of a service project for you! There's probably 150 cards for you.

Is it too late to mail them to you?

Julie

Veteran
In response to Ohio4HMom

MY PKG SHOULD GO OUT ON MONDAY.I TRIED TO MAKE MORE BOY CARDS THIS YEAR.

Tenant

I'm sending my group's cards on Monday. We've got a little over 300.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to tpeavler

Randa Sue.. you should have mine now. I, too, tried to make more with a "boy" theme this time around. Used Dinosaurs, tents, fishing themes.

Veteran

My pkg went out today. Between the 2 packages I made a little over 200 cards.

Edited by SHARON ELISE on 06-11-12 07:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

My cards will be in the mail today.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to armygirl

I just bought a paper pack and embellishments with dinos, frogs, alligators, etc. so I can sart on next year's cards!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I know its pushing it but mine should go out tomorrow. It will be priority from PA so you may get them in time. If not, I'm sure you'll just save them for next year which is fine.

susanlk
Expert
susanlk

I just had another box go out today, priority mail, so you should have it in 2-3 days.

Tried to mail it on Saturday. Got to the P.O. at 10:59, lights were off. At some point, they changed their Sat. hours from 11:45 to 11:00. So they didn't go out until this a.m.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to susanlk

I have 50 made for next yr so far.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to texlady

I am so sorry, I totally lost track of this! I do have some cards made, but didn't make as many as I had planned, and hadn't even thought about the fact that it was now July! Would you still like the cards I made for this year?

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Tina scraps

Hi, I was just checking to see if you got My cards I sent them on the 19th,,I was trying to see if they would arrive for this years camp.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

I added up just the msgs that have the number of cards mailed. You should have over 2,000 cards this year. I know you will pass what you can onto some other camp.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to armygirl

yes, i did receive yours in time. i did get some right up to the deadline, so they were used at camp too.

i must say that i am very sorry that i didnt' get on here toward the last few weeks to let you all know that i received them, and that the camp went well.
the week after the camp was my pageant that i was the director of. it is for special needs teens and adults, male and female, so that has kept me tied up till just a few days ago, tying up the loose ends. it went really well too.

thanks again for all the cards.. we did have over 2000 cards, and believe it or not, they were all used up! we had 66 campers this year, so the campers each received about 30 or so cards. we have a lady whose job it is to make sure every camper gets cards everyday, and logs in for each camper, that way no one gets left out, and they all receieve about the same.

thanks for once again blessing these kids and making them smile..knowing that people who don't even know them, care enough to take the time to make them a card.

you are all awesome!

i will be posting a new thread soon to start for next year!

THanks and God bless you all!

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to randasue

Randasue: I am so glad everything went well at camp this yr. How did you find time to hand out all those cards in just 7 days of camp. The lady in charge must have had a full time job just tracking cards.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to texlady

Glad the cards were a success.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to prittb

I will definitely be creating and donating for 2013. I have purchased supplies this summer that have your kids in mind. Frogs, lions, zebras, lizards, alligators, etc. I will put them in a special box and mail them off in the fall. I think I got 3 batches off to you for this year and I at least want to match that amount for next year. I didn't keep track of the exact number. Thank you for organizing such an important collection of cards.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I had planned to do many cards this year, and I, too, loaded up on things like zoo animals, ice cream stickers, etc. But I only got a dozen or so done and sent off. So I will try to do better for 2013. I am going to start right away and use the special supplies!

Kim

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics