Username Post: Hello, my name is Samantha and I am a Cricut Cart addict....        (Topic#1562807)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I need a 12 step program. I just bought 7 carts off of Evilbay today plus I bought 4 carts this week on clearance at Walmart.....

I need help.

Anyone else?

Can someone sponsor me? LOL

Edited by McKane on 08-23-11 09:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to PhotobearSam

Carts can be addictive. Been there, collected many.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Luvmyfam

Haha I can't help you there! I could have made it worse and sold you all of mine, but I found a buyer already

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Luvmyfam

sure, I'll sponsor you...if you let me use your cricut while you're in rehab!!!!!!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Monique_McCoy

Just bought three this week. I can be an enabler if the recovery doesn't work out well for you.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to 950nancy

I can't quit cold turkey.....I was clean for 4 months......I can't believe I fell off the wagon AGAIN.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to Monique_McCoy

• rubymillerand Said:
sure, I'll sponsor you...if you let me use your cricut while you're in rehab!!!!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• PhotobearSam Said:
I can't quit cold turkey.....I was clean for 4 months......I can't believe I fell off the wagon AGAIN.

The answer is simple. You just need to find a new addiction to replace this addiction. Patterned paper? Glimmer Mist? Stickles?

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
  • PhotobearSam Said:

The answer is simple. You just need to find a new addiction to replace this addiction. Patterned paper? Glimmer Mist? Stickles?

I vote either Glimmer Mists or Dew Drop ink pads.....they're my new addictions...LOVE those little inks!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to ScrappyMama6

Well, I already have about 65 bottles of Glimmer mist....so that addiction is covered.

As for patterned papper....Check.....I buy way too much of it already....

Inks you say.......That sounds intreguing.....LOL

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4

I have bought 2 at walmart and 5 off ebay. I think I may have bought 12 so far this year. To me is not a lot.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to flagirlof4

I caved and picked up "Meow" at Walmart for $20. That brings my grand total to . . . 8.

I think I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

Ycats
Ycats 
Expert
Ycats
  • Ycats on 08-14-11 09:37 AM
In response to kelseymel

lol be like me and have no money! haha no but seriously I know where you are coming from! I go into a craft store and FILL my basket! but before I leave I look at each item and think "do I have plans for this? do I have a craft I will make tomorrow with this? or am I just getting it for some unknown craft later and it will not be used in over a week?" really makes me think about things and put loads back! if I don't plan on useing it within a week of buying it I don't buy it!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

• PhotobearSam Said:
I need a 12 step program. I just bought 7 carts off of Evilbay today plus I bought 4 carts this week on clearance at Walmart.....

I need help.

Anyone else?

Can someone sponsor me? LOL

.......Wait, if we sponsor does that mean we have to kick the habit too?????.......Okay I will sponsor if you buy my cartridges.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to jaxxan

My name is Michelle and I am an addict. But I don't want help, I don't need help, it is NOT a problem, I just do it a little bit, just to relax...........91 carts is NOT to much...........

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to binkiemonstermom

You women are soooooo bad.......

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

MMUUUUUAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Life Saver
New Kid On the Block
Life Saver
In response to jaxxan

I won't do you much good. I bought 3 at Walmart this week bringing my total up to 34. I also, have a gypsy that came with 4 loaded that I didn't have.

Not only is there not much hope of me stopping, I just bought my dd and dil a cricut and my other dd a cricut cake. Do you think that there will be any slowing down now?

Softbrn
Veteran
Softbrn
In response to Life Saver

I'm definitely not the one to come to for help as I will be leading you into the store chanting.. cricut cartridges.. cricut cartridges.. cricut cartridges..

Well that's what I've said as I own almost 200..

Edited by Softbrn on 08-16-11 08:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Softbrn

I think I have found my Queen.....200....WOW

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• PhotobearSam Said:
I think I have found my Queen.....200....WOW

And NOW we all know who to ask (sweetly) to cut us something!!!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

That's it.....OVERDOSE....I just bought 2 more on cricutmachine....

I got Stone Script and Tie the Knot.....

HELP.....nevermind....I don't want HELP.

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 08-18-11 05:19 PM

hi, sorry can't help you, i just bought 3 and am eyeing more.not really sure how many carts i have, lost count after 1, lol! uh...i have anywhere between 30 and 50? must have more though!!!

aw heck...my name is Betty and I am a scrapbooking addict! I love love love new supplies and tools, especially pink tools!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

Do you guys use all these cartridges regularly?

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Penny Lane

• Penny Lane Said:
Do you guys use all these cartridges regularly?

Ummmmm.........NO.

Ha ha ha ha.....

I am just getting into the Cricut for my projects, I just like having a lot to choose from. I am the type of person that I won't try something unless I am pretty sure I can do it well and I love having all the supplies needed from the get-go. I hate borrowing anything and I get really frustrated if I don't have the RIGHT colour of cardstock or the right tool.

I just like having lots. Thank goodness I don't have kids....If not I would not be able to afford scrapping....LOL

Just joking.

I just really love font carts. I love having the choices of letter styles. Just addicted.

Heather Holbrook
Resident
Heather Holbrook

you are SO like me! Wanting to have everything at the ready...this leads me to buying like 15 in the last month or so! I just can't pass up a good deal- and when I discovered ebay has an app... well I was in trouble!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Heather Holbrook

I just don't buy them. It's easy since I have SCAL. If I didn't have it and didn't have TONS of shapes/images/fonts at my disposal, I would probably have a cart problem. Right now there aren't any that I really NEED to have. I'm glad for that as I have ZERO extra money with my new kiddo around.

Bethelbeezer
Pro
Bethelbeezer
In response to Seaexplore

Wow!!! I didn't kniow there were 200. I have been on the wagon for 8 months. I too, had bought several on evilbay and othere sale sources. I keep a list in my iphone, so I don't buy a duplicate, and yet I have, twice. Do I use them all? My answer is "no". I hope to someday

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Bethelbeezer

are you looking to get rid of duplicates? I might be interested if it's the right cart at the right price.

Seamaiden
Guru
Seamaiden
In response to Seaexplore

I bout three on clearance at walmart...while on vacation!!! Lol! B is for Boy, Splish Splash, and StoryBook!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Now I have really done it.....I bought a second Create Machine......One for home and now for Travel/Condo in Florida......Love it.

I really need help. LOL

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

I bought about 8 or 10 on ebay last week (most of the Lite ones that were on sale), and I have over 100 carts! One problem is that I have very limited space and it's getting out of hand. I link all my carts to my Gypsy as soon as I get them, but I keep all the packages in large plastic containers.

Two of the carts I'd wanted for a long time and I finally caved in and bought them (at auction) for a price a bit higher than I really wanted to pay at first (but still a lot less than most of the asking prices for those carts). These are very rare and hard to find, but I love the intricate details:

Love Struck
French Manor

Then I checked my budget, and I'm way over my limit! I've got to stop this madness. Help!!!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
I bought about 8 or 10 on ebay last week (most of the Lite ones that were on sale), and I have over 100 carts! One problem is that I have very limited space and it's getting out of hand. I link all my carts to my Gypsy as soon as I get them, but I keep all the packages in large plastic containers.

Two of the carts I'd wanted for a long time and I finally caved in and bought them (at auction) for a price a bit higher than I really wanted to pay at first (but still a lot less than most of the asking prices for those carts). These are very rare and hard to find, but I love the intricate details:

Love Struck
French Manor

Then I checked my budget, and I'm way over my limit! I've got to stop this madness. Help!!!

INTERVENTION!!!!!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

Link
I have a picture in my gallery of my cricut storage. I link all my carts to my gypsy and then store the carts in my container. I throw away the boxes, I just don't have room for them all and they are not going to survive in my attic in the southern summer heat. This works best for me. I have added more to my container and there is still plenty of room in them. I sometimes use the carts instead of my gypsy so this works best.

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 08-23-11 03:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty

All this talk about carts has me browsing!! I don't even use my cricut barely at all!! It truely is an addiction!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to simplycrafty

You asked for "someone to sponsor" you in a 12-step withdrawal system - HAHAHA! Don't you know ou're in the WRONG place to ask for that. We're all just as addicted as you are! I'm not the worst, by any means, but I do have 70 cartridges now! But I can stop any time I want to...

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to dwelch

We are all doomed.

stephie
Idol
stephie

Ahh, just think of how much fun you'll have creating though.

MandyLeahyCTMH
Tenant
MandyLeahyCTMH

200?!?! Wowza! Do you use them all? I have about 20 but now I ONLY use my Art Philosophy Cartridge. It has ALL the images from my fav carts combined in 1 plus a gazillion more.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to MandyLeahyCTMH

I think one of the reasons I've been buying more carts is because I subscribe to cricut magazine. They list all the carts used in the sample projects. If it's one I don't have, in many cases there's a substitute image that can be used from a different cart. But if there's a really cute one that uses a cart I don't have, I would look for it on ebay.

Maybe I should not renew my subscription after it expires so I wouldn't be tempted.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
I think one of the reasons I've been buying more carts is because I subscribe to cricut magazine. They list all the carts used in the sample projects. If it's one I don't have, in many cases there's a substitute image that can be used from a different cart. But if there's a really cute one that uses a cart I don't have, I would look for it on ebay.

Maybe I should not renew my subscription after it expires so I wouldn't be tempted.

Honestly, every time I opened an email from the LSS or cricut blog, cricutmachine,papercrafti ngpro etc...all I wanted to do was buy the newest stuff whether I needed it or not. I unsubscribed from EVERY one of them and dont get any anymore....and that has made a world of difference!

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy

I am right with you guys! I now have 52.
I bought a brand new in box and plastic "Stamped" at a GS for $3 a couple of weeks ago. Then tonight I go to our Fred Meyer store and they had carts there for 29.99, some had a sticker on them for an additional 25% off and then they also had another coupon for 20% off.. Got Songbird for $17.99 and also found the "Gingerbread" cart on sale for 4.99 w/coupon it was 3.99! Hard to pass up those deals!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to grammykimmy

I have also resisted getting the Cricut magazine for that very reason

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to madmatter

Here is the cricut cart storage system I use...it shows 91 carts in it and there is plenty of room still to add more....and several more have been added since the photo was taken . I love the containers, I bought them at Target.

[image] Cricut Carts Storage By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Does any one have the Destinations cartridge? I'm just looking for a kind soul to cut something for me. Please PM if you do have it. Thanks!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

This is my cartridge storage. I now have 2 of these. They swivel, so hold cartridges on both sides. They are actually CD towers, but work perfectly. With 7 cartridges per shelf, 4 shelves per side it will hold 56 cartridges. I prefer leaving my carts in their original boxes.

Cricut Cartridge Spinner By Dwelch

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

That is awesome Darla! Never would have thought of that! I only have 8 carts, but as I add to them (I didn't say that) I am going to look for one of these things! its the best solution i've seen anywhere!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
This is my cartridge storage. I now have 2 of these. They swivel, so hold cartridges on both sides. They are actually CD towers, but work perfectly. With 7 cartridges per shelf, 4 shelves per side it will hold 56 cartridges. I prefer leaving my carts in their original boxes.

Cricut Cartridge Spinner By Dwelch

Where did you get these? I love it so much.....

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to Solitaire

I've only had a Cricut for a few months, but I only have about 20 cartridges. My favorite supplier is cricutmachine.com. They have amazing specials. If I had more money, I would be buying many, many more! I know that Wal-mart has some carts exclusive to them that I just "need" so those are on my wish list. I only have one friend who has a cricut so I am always bringing my machine and carts when we get together to crop!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics