Page 2 of 8 
Username Post: Join us for 2012 BOM Challenge        (Topic#1563227)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-01-11 06:49 PM
In response to Lookin4newideas

Hiii My Friend....

You are all so very right!!! Facebook can be a negative place or a positive place. Because we have old high school and college friends, extended family, and even haters there. But if you make it a point to carefully choose your friends...and those that you have contact with, and keep your profile set to private otherwise, then no harm will come to you.

Sally...It is so very nice to hear about the journey your daughter took to find her family. I too recently connected with my half sister that my father had after he left my mother and divorced his family. I have no contact with my father, but my step mother and my Sissy are in my facebook circle. I keep everything pretty general there and DO NOT have many pictures except of my grandbabies. I intend to add more, as I have cute pics of me and my brother when we were babies.

I hope that if you have a facebook that you will add me...as this world can get a little heavy and dark sometimes and it is always nice to have a friend to look to.

You all have become so special to me...that I would love to brag about you too!!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

Thank you sooo much for all the friend requests!!! I love having my scrappy friends on facebook too!

I am grrrrr.....frustrated with my relationship tonight and going to do a BOM page about one of the things that is getting to me, so hopefully once I get it out I will be able to go to sleep! Plus I have the lovely Sketch from the 25 day sketch extravaganza to do as well!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Megan Ann

hi all,
you can also add me to fb as well - but i have two accounts - One Kimberly Clark (real me !!! lol) and Barbara Kimberly Clark (gamer me... lol) Barbara is my middle name. I like to play frontierville and i get addicted to a game and play it until I am bored but my family and friends don't - added the new account pick up friends from around the world who play games and then i don't feel bad sending tons of requests So if you are a frontierville gamer add me to both

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to GMFTS

Hi ladies! I haven't had a chance to work on my name layout yet but my Dh is going out with his guy friends for a guys day tomorrow so I'm looking forward to some time in my scrap room tomorrow!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to DesiLee

Desi....hope you get lots of crafty time while the boys are playing!!!

Hang in there Megan Ann....every relationship has its ups and downs....I will keep you close in my prayers tonights....I like your idea about doing a LO about the problems you are having as a way to kind of work threw it and sort it all out....I hope it helps!!! HUGS!!!!

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to GMFTS

Finally got a pick of my latest BOM layout. I had only a single picture from the trip so I did lots of journaling...

Lost Lake Layout By Jenbustillo

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

I am also on Facebook if anyone wants to friend me.

DaNel Resha Hicks

Just put sb.com so I know it is a real person.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to DaNel Hicks

Omg, so many of you have such common names that I don't know who on fb is you! how about you guys search my oddity of a name and add me. Lol$
I'm now Imelda Stiles

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to littleMRSimelda

OK here is my first layout for my BOM!!! its when i was reciting my vows at my wedding....I am hoping to get my name layout done this weekend!!

My wedding vows By Newtoscrapping2011

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to newtoscrapping2011

JCI- some great pages added so far.

Kimberly- I added your gamer FB self- but there were at least half a dozen Kimberly Clarks- so could you find and add me Charlene Kelch Ricketts (and everyone else is invited to add me too)

Cassondra- crazy- I'm an only child too & unfortunately we have only 1 child. We didn't plan it that way- tried & tried until DS turned 9, then decided the point was not to raise 2 only children. My DH got a vasectomy and the next year the insurance announced they would cover fertility testing and all. Go figure.

I have a half sister from my dad's first marriage that I've never met. All I know is her name is Holly & she is about 8 years older than me. She saw me as an infant, but I've never met her. Which seems wrong since I know she visited my grandparents quite a bit & they lived immediately behind us. I've also been told that Holly was with her mother Pat (my mom also went by Pat) when I was about 9-12mo old when they came to our house for some reason- my mom said she thought it was to know what she looked like. Holly's step father adopted her & I was told she took his name- which I have no idea what that was- so- I have no clue on finding her. Have wondered why she hasn't tried to find me though since she had a much better idea on how to find me than I do of her. I've also kept Kelch in my FB profile I guess for part of that reason. Her and I looked very similar as babies and toddlers. I think that might be a good BOM page- or maybe a couple pages to put down- the sister I've never known. Who knows- maybe still someday I will meet her.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to charcats7

Char - I hope you find your sister and i have added you to my gaming name. I will look everyone up on my real fb as well. I know "kimberly clark" how orginal - I really need to find a husband so that my name can be a little more distinct

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to leokc34

Looks like everyone has been busy....nice job ladies!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Cassondra71

JCI. I haven't even started looking for photos yet for my BOM. Don't know if I'll get anything done this month, but I'll try.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Kamananui

One thing about a BOM- you don't have to have a picture- it is up to you what represents what you want to do. Maybe a picture isn't what you want. So don't let not having a picture or a picture you want stop you. (hope this makes sense).

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to charcats7

acu and jci

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to bbscraps

Here is the BOM page I ended up doing and there is a pic of the hidden journaling in my gallery if you are interested.

i want you to want me By Megan Ann

Thanks for the prayers Cassondra...I use scrapping as therapy OFTEN...hence the 100+ LOs in my book of me! I started a BOM for no reason, just b/c I saw other people had it and thought I would like it. But I really started scrapping BOM Los when I met my therapist and she encouraged me to use talents that I had to express myself and she helped me realize and understand how INCREDIBLY important it is to tell your story--even if only for yourself to read! That's why I do a lot of hidden journaling on my LOs, I share most of it, but some things only I know how to read them hehehe...my own little secret. I am a huge advocate of scrapping the good and the bad in life. I know relationships have ups and downs and rather than try to deny that fact, I celebrate the ups AND the downs. I like to try to see the usefulness in the full range of human experiences. I am a very odd duck in that aspect. Most people try to hide bad things away--I used to be like that too--but now, I put them right out there with the good things in my scrapbooks and online for everyone to see. I truly believe that until things are talked about/until knowledge is shared, people will fear things for no logical reason and reject other people and experiences b/c of their fears! Fear is a very strong and convincing emotion, even when there is not "really" something to be feared!

Have a very good Monday ladies!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Megan Ann

Beautiful lo Megan Ann.....I love the idea of working threw the hard times and celebrating the good times with our art

Hope everyone has a beautiful day

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps

i finally got one done

lavonne or bonnie By Bbscraps

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to bbscraps

Megan Ann- you are so right about putting the good with the bad. It all goes together to make your story.

I think tho that a lot of people put the good- or the highlights is time (some of us don't have a lot) & wanting to emphasize the happy times as our lives get so busy- we need that to remind us we have had and can again have good times.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend- we did- I got a LO done for my family album & today we also spent some time with friends. It rained- but we adapted & had a great time. Tonight I made my DS a Bday card as tomorrow is his 21st. Wow- where did the time go?

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to charcats7

I made this Lo to go into my BOM - I went to see this show by myself when I was in Vegas - loved it
Mystere By Leokc34

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to leokc34

acu

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to bbscraps

Alright I'm a couple days behind. I'm going to look for you all on facebook that listed your names, but if anyone wants to add me I'm under Ashley Mancuso. (There's lots of them so my profile pic is the same as my avatar.)

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to leokc34

Jci -Sunday, I took my daughter with me on a trip to Memory Lane. First, we went to an apple orchard called Mapleside. I grew up right down the hill from there. It was sad because it had changed so much and the economy hit them too. They used to have the coolest gift shop, a cheeseshop, produce section and most important, they used to sell fresh apple cider! They had nothing in the gift shop and only a couple of items in the fresh produce section.

We were leaving and were stopped at a red light at the top of the hill to go home. My daughter says, "turn" meaning let's drive past the house I grew up in and sort of where she grew up since she spent a couple of summers there and every holiday. They painted or sided the house this pukey baby poo yellow/brown. The whole neighborhood had changed. Then last minute I decided to stop at my gf's house which was three doors down. (Plus I had slowed down past the house and this guy was riding my butt) It didn't look like anyone was home. No cars in the driveway and the garage doors closed. I debated on walking around the back/thru the garage door or going to the front door. No one ever used the front door. But we went to the front and my gf had heard us pull on was peaking around the corner to see who was there. I haven't seen her in 2 years since her daughter had a surprise bday for her. Hadn't seen her mom or husband since my dad's funeral, 7 years ago.

We got there perfect timing. she was in the middle of cooking fried green tomatoes! They were soo good. We stayed almost 3 hours, caught up on old times. It was good for my daughter to hear some of the things I tell her from someone else. When I got there, I automatically took my shoes off. (I had a lot of siblings and they had 4 kids, so we all had to take our shoes off.) So, when she took me out back to peek at my old house and see the developments in the back and to show me her garden, I was barefoot. We laughed as it was just like old times.

Talk about a lot of memories... and thankfully all good ones!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 09-06-11 06:51 AM
In response to leokc34

jci...
I have my DD here...she had surgery on her shoulder on Friday, so she will be with me for quite awhile, and it's keeping me more than busy.
Sorry, I don't have time to get caught up just now...but, things should calm down by next week.
Just wanted to let you know I haven't disappeared.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to rtay

Some great Lo's happening.....LOVE it!!!

I missed posting a challenge Monday because of the holiday so think I will wait until this next Monday....sounds like everyone is kinda busy and already busy working on other projects so I think it wil be ok!!!

Here is my name LO.....just need to add the picture

Name LO - BOM Challenge By Cassondra71

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to leokc34

21st B-day Card By Charcats7

Here is the card I made my DS. Inside it simply says Happy Birthday- both both my DH & I put in some encouraging words for him.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

Char my oldest son turns 21 Thursday....I can't figure out where all the time has gone

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

It goes by all too quickly, Cassondra. Too quick.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to charcats7

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to leokc34

acu on love here!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here's another page I made. I added some paper hinges and decided to make this my cover/title page. Behind the picture is a mini album with 4 other pages/pictures.

BOM cover/title page By Lookin4newideas

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Sally I love how you did that LO....what a great idea to use the little hinges so that you could use more photos.....LOVE it!!!!

I am unplugging today until Saturday....Hope everyones week goes well....I will see you in a few!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Wow sally love your page!!

Have a great time cassondra! We'll be here when you get back!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

hi ladies! GREAT work!!! I hope to get to look at your pages more closely, but I have been swamped with school...

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Megan Ann

Sally - FANTASTIC job on the LO

Cassondra- have a great vac

Megan Ann

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-07-11 08:33 PM
In response to charcats7

Hiii Friends...

These are the most creative layouts I have seen. You all are so very talented. I am so proud to be a part of such company!!

Megan...I know the feeling...don't know if I'm coming or going. I am working on my Doctorate degree.

Rhonda...I hope your daughter heals quickly...we will be here when you get back.

Char...I love your 21st Birthday card you made for your son...It's AWESOME!!!!

Sally...I absolutely loved the pictures of the Apple orchard that you and your daughter took. Fried green tomatoes??? Really??? It is always to share memories with old friends.

Cassondra...Have a blast!!! I will be thinking of you and wishing you nothing but FUN. Like Imelda said, We'll be here when you get back.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Thanks ladies for the compliments.
Bon - Ever watch the movie Fried Green Tomatoes? That was a great movie. My friendship with my gf reminds me of that movie, except our skeletons didn't involve covering up any murders!!!

Wow, that's great that you're going for your doctorate! And Megan Ann, hang in there. Just think how far you've come and you're on your last stretch in getting your masters! That's a great achievement. I wish I had gone to college instead of joining the military, but then I had the best time back then. Lots of adventures. It's when you get to be 50 like me, that your choice in life affect you.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Thanks ladies for the compliments.
Bon - Ever watch the movie Fried Green Tomatoes? That was a great movie. My friendship with my gf reminds me of that movie, except our skeletons didn't involve covering up any murders!!!

Wow, that's great that you're going for your doctorate! And Megan Ann, hang in there. Just think how far you've come and you're on your last stretch in getting your masters! That's a great achievement. I wish I had gone to college instead of joining the military, but then I had the best time back then. Lots of adventures. It's when you get to be 50 like me, that your choice in life affect you.

Its interesting that you say that about the military. Can I ask why you feel this way? It is my son's plan to do ROTC in college then join the military. He's in ROTC now in high school.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to JustJenScraps

acu on love!! hope everyone has a great weekend..we are going to dinner with friends tonight, and tomorrow after work I am heading to an overnight crop at my LSS!! hope to get oh so much done...keeping my fingers and toes crossed LOL!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Courtney, that sounds like so much fun. I've never been to an overnight crop, but I thought about hosting one at my home for New Years. Who needs sleep??

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Courtney, that sounds like so much fun. I've never been to an overnight crop, but I thought about hosting one at my home for New Years. Who needs sleep??

Oh... if you have never been you must find one to go to. They are so much fun!!! I have a weekend one in PA that I go to 2x a year. I sooooo look forward to it.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

lol Kelly, I need sleep LOL im going to bring my pillow and blanket i think so i can at least nap LOL!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

We have a crop for the cure in the new year that is a full 22 hrs of scrapbooking with a ton of prizes... last year they had three cricuts to give away. tons of food - creative memory consultant, LSS sales, CTMH rep.... tons of people. over 100 scrappers.. you can sleep where ever of there is a hotel near by - so much fun!!!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to leokc34

• leokc34 Said:
We have a crop for the cure in the new year that is a full 22 hrs of scrapbooking with a ton of prizes... last year they had three cricuts to give away. tons of food - creative memory consultant, LSS sales, CTMH rep.... tons of people. over 100 scrappers.. you can sleep where ever of there is a hotel near by - so much fun!!!!!

I looked into this and I'm sooooooooooo in!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

sounds crazy fun- wish I could go

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to charcats7

Jen - If your son is going to go in after college, I'm sure he'll go as a commissioned officer. If he makes a career out of it, he'll have it made. I didn't make a career out of my enlistment. I worked 4 active years and 6 almost 7 active reserves. Then only benefit I get now, is that I have free health care since I lost my job and benefits.

I have no regrets being in the military. My only regret was that I never went to college or that I got out of the military and didn't retire. After I left I started working in the health insurance field. I lost my job 2 years ago and I can't find a job in my field. I am over qualified and over paid for administrative type jobs. I'm 50 and considered a risk factor. I know so many people between 45-65 who have lost their job in the past 5 years and can't find work. I least I don't have a $300k mortgage, fancy cars, supporting a spouse and 4 kids like a lot of them. A few of my friends have lost everything: job, house, family and have had to dip into their retirement funds. My sister, who is 4 years older than me, lost her job 4 months before me. She screwed up her unemployment by getting a part time minimum wage job to supplement it. They stopped her unemployment. Then she lost the part time job. She was living off her retirement fund until that ran out and now she's losing her house and filing bankruptcy because she can't afford her bills anymore.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Jen - If your son is going to go in after college, I'm sure he'll go as a commissioned officer. If he makes a career out of it, he'll have it made. I didn't make a career out of my enlistment. I worked 4 active years and 6 almost 7 active reserves. Then only benefit I get now, is that I have free health care since I lost my job and benefits.

I have no regrets being in the military. My only regret was that I never went to college or that I got out of the military and didn't retire. After I left I started working in the health insurance field. I lost my job 2 years ago and I can't find a job in my field. I am over qualified and over paid for administrative type jobs. I'm 50 and considered a risk factor. I know so many people between 45-65 who have lost their job in the past 5 years and can't find work. I least I don't have a $300k mortgage, fancy cars, supporting a spouse and 4 kids like a lot of them. A few of my friends have lost everything: job, house, family and have had to dip into their retirement funds. My sister, who is 4 years older than me, lost her job 4 months before me. She screwed up her unemployment by getting a part time minimum wage job to supplement it. They stopped her unemployment. Then she lost the part time job. She was living off her retirement fund until that ran out and now she's losing her house and filing bankruptcy because she can't afford her bills anymore.

Sounds like making it your career after college is the way to go. I totally understand about the overqualified thing. I have been doing admin work for 20 years. I've been told the only way I can make more money is management... I don't want to go into management. I like my job and I'm good at it. I just wish it paid the bills...

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Wow took me a while to catch up.....
hope everyone is doing well

Sally love the LO.....so pretty and I love fried green tomatos.....to eat and to watch!!!

Bon & Megan Ann hang in there you can do it!!!!

Jen I would highly recommend encouraging your son to persue the military especially if he isn't exactly sure what he wants to do when he gets out....it is still one of the few jobs in our country that has some job security and for a young person right out of HS the experience and training surpasses anything they can get in the civilian world. At 40 we are living a life of retirement that I am sure we would not be afforded by many of the other choices we could have made......thats just my 2 cents!!!

we had a relaxing few days.....lots of shopping and lots of scrapbooking goodies.....but good to be home!!! I wasn't supposed to buy any more paper....I grounded myself a while back but I found some that was FABULOUS!!!! I just can't help myself paper is my weakness!!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Just popping in to say hello. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend And, I think I need to add all-night crop to my bucket list.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Cassondra71 Said:
Wow took me a while to catch up.....
hope everyone is doing well

Sally love the LO.....so pretty and I love fried green tomatos.....to eat and to watch!!!

Bon & Megan Ann hang in there you can do it!!!!

Jen I would highly recommend encouraging your son to persue the military especially if he isn't exactly sure what he wants to do when he gets out....it is still one of the few jobs in our country that has some job security and for a young person right out of HS the experience and training surpasses anything they can get in the civilian world. At 40 we are living a life of retirement that I am sure we would not be afforded by many of the other choices we could have made......thats just my 2 cents!!!

we had a relaxing few days.....lots of shopping and lots of scrapbooking goodies.....but good to be home!!! I wasn't supposed to buy any more paper....I grounded myself a while back but I found some that was FABULOUS!!!! I just can't help myself paper is my weakness!!!!

This week he wants to be an aeronautical engineer. Guess that week at space camp made an impression. But... he's also getting his advanced high school diploma with a Biotechnology science major. So... I can narrow down that he will not be a liberal arts major. lol

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

jci!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Megan Ann

jci - i haven't done anything for my BOM lately... crazy busy with the other challenges out there but love all the ideas

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to leokc34

JCI - haven't done anything really on me lately- been working up Christmas card ideas & getting things ready for scrap day this next Saturday. I love scrap day.

Then I'm having a Christmas card workshop/sleepover on 30Sept- so I've also been prepping things toward that. A couple of the girls know exactly what they want to do- a couple others kinda have an idea & one has no clue. Maybe by the time she gets here she'll have it worked out. I hope so. Meanwhile I'm also trying to get mine designed and an assembly line started so I can help everyone else with theirs. That's the way it works when you host usually. But that's okay- I have a good size dedicated scrap area- so it's easier for me to pop in most evenings and do something.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

All these scrap get togethers sound like so much fun!!!

Debby you live close to me....we need to put our heads together and get some people together to have a little get together....that would be so much fun!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.....we are spending the day getting ready for early doe season.....woooo hoooo!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Dropping one off..then i will be back to leave love!

You are my Sunshine By Newtoscrapping2011

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Ladies please make sure to let me know from time to time when your goal numbers change....so I can change them on the first page hard to keep track of who is doing what!! most days I have a hard time keeping track of myself!!!

Posting early this week....

Here is the 2nd challenge:

Create a LO - using your "theme" song

Remember have FUN!!!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

CONFIDENTIAL By Megan Ann

Here is another BOM LO I did about trust...there is hidden journaling under the file folder card thing. It says (pretty much): "I trust too easily."

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-12-11 08:59 PM
In response to Megan Ann

Oh MY.....I have missed so much!!! Sorry...just a little dark cloud hanging over the Ledford family. But, we will prevail just as we always do!!!

So there is already a new challenge and I missed the other. I will be posting my name layout...I might use my "Bon" name though because I know where I got that name, and I do love it!!!

Courtney and Megan Ann I love both you're layouts!!

I would love to participate in Crop For A Cure!! It sounds like an amazing time.

I promise to get committed to this BOM...because it is something I can do for me. We all need a little more of that...right???

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

I haven't had a chance to work on my BOM yet D: I'm kinda swamped with swaps and schoolwork right now. I plan to work on my name layout this weekend though. DH will be watching football all weekend so I should have plenty of time!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to DesiLee

I haven't started my BOM yet either, but I did find a photo. That's progress right?

Bon, hope that dark cloud turns to blue skies soon.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-13-11 12:55 PM
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I haven't started my BOM yet either, but I did find a photo. That's progress right?

Bon, hope that dark cloud turns to blue skies soon.

Thank you so very much...That is just what I needed to hear...and I felt that hug!!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

hey all... been a busy week - i think everyone has been feeling it - sending hugs to you all

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-13-11 10:14 PM
In response to leokc34

Kimberly...Thank you!! I needed that hug!!! This last week has been a challenge for me...

I have a question that I have been wondering for a few days now...I notice all your cute little smilies I guess that's what I would call them. Where oh where did you get them??? I only have the ones I can find on the left side of this message. Is there something I can download???

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Kamananui

JCI- been sick. On Biaxin & steroids now- feeling better but operating on no sleep since steroids make me hyper and me didn't think about when taking them at dinner last night. I'm at work & more and more wishing I'd stayed home. BUT- DH and I have a massage appointment after work - now to keep from falling asleep before 8pm so I don't wake up at 2-3am.

Have plans to work on my page this weekend. Name page that is. Maybe I'll do the song at same time. Saturday is SCRAP day at my house & I have all the girls over. Always a great day.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-14-11 01:09 PM
In response to charcats7

I have been so out of it ...too too much going on IRL...hope to scrap this weekend.
Get to this challenge...and go back and see what you all have been doing.

Bon - hope things are going better...hate those nasty dark clouds.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to GMFTS

Ladies NO WORRIES!!!
remember this is for you....take the time for you but don't put unneeded stress on yourselves....we all have enough of that already I am sure!!!

Bon....praying your grey skies will turn into a rainbow, singing the love don't run song in my head, saying an extra prayer and sending you a big hug!!!

Char so sorry you have been sick and hope you feel much better very soon!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

JCI- so tired- feel better- but steroids have not let me sleep for 2 days. Am wondering if I'm so tired I can't sleep?

Gonna try n take a nap now.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to charcats7

Oh, my! I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon! I am with DesiLee--swamped with school and swaps! But I LOVE it!

Bon, I do hope you have bright and sunny skies soon, as you are always such a bright and sunny person!

Oh no Char! Still awake? I hope you get some sleep!

And, I think we could all use a It never hurts anyway

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to Megan Ann

So glad its the end of the work week. My only plans besides being a taxi for the kids is to play paper and rest.

I'm completely worn out...

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

jci

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to leokc34

Been mia, i have so much this month but I am going to do this soon and catch up.

Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole
In response to Sassy Suzi

The meaning of my name - NICOLE By Scraphappynicole

No picture of me on it, just the meaning of my name. I am not a fan of pictures of myself that will be a challenge to use them on a page all about me so my next BOM page will have a pic, I promise.

Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole
In response to GMFTS

when I did the layout i should of asked some of the questions you had posted on page one. I am about to see if I can doodle them in really quick.

Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole
In response to Scraphappynicole

rescan coming with the the names they were going to go with! lol

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

very cute Nicole!!!

Char hope you have been able to get some rest and are feeling better!!

Sounds like everyone needs a relaxing weekend....hope we all get one!!!

We hunted all day yesterday and were up and in the blind this morning by 6am....all together we got 4 doe (2 for me).....pretty excited!!!

2011 early doe season By Cassondra71

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

you go girl!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-16-11 01:13 PM

I don't know what I would do without you ladies! Even when the color has gone out of my world and I feel beaten and broken I know I can come her and fell like I have been hugged "sincerely". Thank you Mary, Cassondra and Megan Ann. Megan Ann you are right I am a bright and sunny person...and this too shall pass. Instead of thinking about what is so wrong in my world...I am going to be thankful for what is right in my world.

Nicole I love your "name" BOM layout. Do you think I can scraplift your idea??? I mean the drawing and doodling instead of the picture and paper piecing. Just for this name layout I think this was perfect. What a self expression...I LOVE IT!!! I already have the ideas bubbling in my crafty head lol. If you don't want me to scraplift your idea...please just say ok??

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-16-11 01:25 PM

KIMBERLY

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOUR SMILIES (EMOTICONS) COME FROM!!! I know they are not the SB.com ones. I love them!!! Especially the cute one you added above.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-16-11 01:25 PM

Cassondra...YOU DID IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS hunting girl!!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Thanks Bon I was pretty proud of myself!!! I never would've thought it could be so much fun but it brings you back to a time when things were so much simpler....hunting for our food and then thanking God and this beautiful earth for is provided for us if we are willing to do the work to find it is so humbling

Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:
I don't know what I would do without you ladies! Even when the color has gone out of my world and I feel beaten and broken I know I can come her and fell like I have been hugged "sincerely". Thank you Mary, Cassondra and Megan Ann. Megan Ann you are right I am a bright and sunny person...and this too shall pass. Instead of thinking about what is so wrong in my world...I am going to be thankful for what is right in my world.

Nicole I love your "name" BOM layout. Do you think I can scraplift your idea??? I mean the drawing and doodling instead of the picture and paper piecing. Just for this name layout I think this was perfect. What a self expression...I LOVE IT!!! I already have the ideas bubbling in my crafty head lol. If you don't want me to scraplift your idea...please just say ok??

Feel free... I just updated it and will post now. Can't wait to see yours. Glaze pens are amazing they are embossed and raised and look and feel so fun!

Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole

BOM DOODLE Name Meaning By Scraphappynicole This is the updated one. I added the names my parents wanted to give me. =P

Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole

cossandra, your awesome, way to go!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone is feeling better!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

acu....and hope everyone is having a scrappy weekend....I am hoping to get my name layout done today!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Very cute Nicole!!! those pens sounds awesome....you just write with them like a normal pen and they are embossed looking???

I am going to attempt to work on my theme song LO today but my theme song changes as my life changes so not sure which one I want to use....hmmmmmm???? first though there is a pile of laundry and floors that need to be swept calling my name.....Darn it......I just wanna be crafty!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

There are still a few spots left in the Mono/Munchkin/Mini Swap if anyone would like to join we would love to have you!!!....its alot of fun....but be warned it is addictive!!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/15/ti...

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm with you Cassondra, I don't have one theme song for me. I have different ones through out my life as it changed.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

Bon... I am not at my computer right now but when i get home I will send you the link

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to leokc34

Do it again By Leokc34

here is one i did for when i was younger... still trying to do a name page one. Why is it so hard to scrap about yourself??

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to leokc34

I didn't finish a BOM page today but I wanted to share a page I finished for my dad's memorial album. I really like the way it turned out...

A father is... By Jenbustillo

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-17-11 09:33 PM

OMG Nicole...I have some of those GLAZE pens...I am so going to get them out!! You are most AWESOME and I love your updated version even more than your original...You are so TALENTED!! Isn't doodling so much fun?!?! I love to sketch and draw and even dabble in a little graffiti!!! Way cool Girl...You ROCK!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-17-11 09:35 PM

KIMBERLY....THANK YOU!!!! I WILL BE WAITING

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-17-11 09:37 PM

Jen,

That Layout you made for your Daddy is Magnificent!!! What a tribute to your Daddy!!!

P.S. I love everything you created that I received...you are truly creative!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Woohoo! I got another page done from my BOM:

Sam By Lookin4newideas

This is a picture of me and my dog I had when I was a teenager. He was my first dog. I got him around 14, 15 or 16, but I'm thinking around 9th grade. I have two sisters that are 4.5 years younger than me. They claim to have trained him after I left for the service when I was just about 21. That dog did all the sit/stay commands lay down, go to your dog house. He'd walk with us down to the old pumping station. I'd tell Sam to go home, go to his dog house and he'd be there when we got back. My sisters tried to say they taught him that! We were doing some things we shouldn't have been doing and that's why we sent the dog home!

Sorry, I don't have a theme song I had plenty of music I loved and eventually do a page about that, but never had a song.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:
Jen,

That Layout you made for your Daddy is Magnificent!!! What a tribute to your Daddy!!!

P.S. I love everything you created that I received...you are truly creative!

Ahhhh... shucks.... thanks!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Great Lo's ladies!!

Jen what a beautiful tribute to your father...I love the idea of a memorial album....such a wonderful gift to be able to hand down to future generations....nice job!! and Bon is right you are very talented!!!!

Sally no worries if you don't have a theme song to scrap.....maybe its time for a new theme song that you can scrap later!!! your Lo about your dog is great!!

Kimberly love your LO....I think its so hard to scrap ourselves because by nature we are always giving everything we have to someone or something else....that was the reason I thought this challenge was so important to help us take time to remember who and what we have been.....we are and still want to be.

I am so proud of everyone for staying at this....what a great gift we are all creating for ourselves and for future generations!!!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Sunday!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

ladies!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Megan Ann

JCI - didn't get to my BOM LO like I wanted to
I did get a lot of Christmas cards started- the assembly line- and I'm about half way thru that process.

I have my paper & my notes for my name LO- hope to work on that as soon as this batch of cards are done.

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess
In response to charcats7

I just came across this BOM scrap. I have read thru ll the posts and what amazing stories. Is is possible to jump into this still? I love the idea and think it would be cool. Let me know! Thanks.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Pirate Princess

Sure Princess, you can join in anytime. This isn't like the other monthly challenges, there's no deadlines. Cassandra will give a weekly challenge to help motivate ourselves. Many of us don't scrap about ourselves and that helps to think what's unique about ourselves.

Page 2 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics