Page 4 of 8 
Username Post: Join us for 2012 BOM Challenge        (Topic#1563227)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to JustJenScraps

So, Sorry for your loss, Jen. Only 57? wow, he died young. Paper therapy sounds good!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Lookin4newideas

I seriously think paper therapy is the only thing still keeping me sane!!!....well kinda sane!!!

those are great ideas for the challenges....I love remembering and honoring the people we love who aren't with us especially the ones who have had such a big impact on us thanks for sharing your ideas!!!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Cassondra71

hey everyone...
i lost my mom when i was eighteen... i did this lo for national scrapbooking day and the challenge was to do a page with no pictures of a time you wish you had a camera or of missed opportunities.. here is the LO I completed

mom By Leokc34

it was the very first Lo I ever posted on here... weird that this Lo brought me to you all

Edited by leokc34 on 10-06-11 02:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to leokc34

• leokc34 Said:
hey everyone...
i lost my mom when i was eighteen... i did this lo for national scrapbooking day and the challenge was to do a page with no pictures of a time you wish you had a camera or of missed opportunities.. here is the LO I completed

mom By Leokc34

it was the very first Lo I ever posted on here... weird that this Lo brought me to you all

WOW- very power page Kimberly.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Lookin4newideas Said:
So, Sorry for your loss, Jen. Only 57? wow, he died young. Paper therapy sounds good!

Yeah... he did at age 51. Paper therapy is definitely on the agenda this weekend.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to leokc34

• leokc34 Said:
hey everyone...

mom By Leokc34

What a wonderful idea! Its amazing what brings people together.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Alright, this group is making me cry. I can't wait to get past the sad things in our lives and move on to happier ones!! I'm still stuck on the theme song and I know what one I want to do, even though it's a bit depressing. Just wondering how I'll do the lo. I was thinking of a no picture, just listing why the song was my theme song...

I'll 51 in December... that sounds so gross!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-07-11 04:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I'm not far behind you Sally- I am 46 & my DH will be 49 next Friday.

For the song page- I've been toying that one around a lot. As everyone else has commented- 1 song doesn't cut it. We've liked & identified with many different songs as we've grown up & journeyed thru life. I may do a 2-page LO with different songs kinda on a time-line as I remember the music & major times of my life. First I'm working on the list of songs- then I'll fashion the page maybe as a flow of music across the pages w/years & songs. This will be a lot of work & I most likely won't get it done tomorrow- but I may get the idea gelled more.

Tomorrow is SCRAP DAY here at my house- which means the girls are coming over- I can hardly wait.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to charcats7

I did a song layout awhile ago... Its a girl scout song that I've always loved. The pic is of me at camp as a teenager. Lots of journaling on this one because it was also a life changing adventure. One of those experiences that define who you are going to be...

Camp River Ranch By Jenbustillo

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

That's a great song, Jen, perfect your lo!

I wished I lived near you, Char, and could come scrap with you and your friends. You'd think living near a major city, I'd be able to find scrappy friends.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-07-11 05:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps

jci and acu

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to bbscraps

Sally- you would be quite welcome to come too. Having a place to scrap & ladies come over to share in a creative journey of scrapbooking is a dream of mine. Sounds like I have another page for my BOM huh? I need to keep a notebook of pages I intend to put together.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Lookin4newideas Said:
That's a great song, Jen, perfect your lo!

I wished I lived near you, Char, and could come scrap with you and your friends. You'd think living near a major city, I'd be able to find scrappy friends.

Thanks! And in answer to your question, I'm on the 2nd tier in the white teeshirt and bandana.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:

For the song page- I've been toying that one around a lot. As everyone else has commented- 1 song doesn't cut it. We've liked & identified with many different songs as we've grown up & journeyed thru life. I may do a 2-page LO with different songs kinda on a time-line as I remember the music & major times of my life. First I'm working on the list of songs- then I'll fashion the page maybe as a flow of music across the pages w/years & songs. This will be a lot of work & I most likely won't get it done tomorrow- but I may get the idea gelled more.

Tomorrow is SCRAP DAY here at my house- which means the girls are coming over- I can hardly wait.

This sounds like a good idea for an album!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to littleMRSimelda

Hey everyone
Sorry I didn't check in yesterday....it was a rough one and just had nothing left....My family is doing the best they can but UHHHHHH!!!! and I guess yesterday it was just more than I could deal with!!!
ANYWAY!!! I feel better today and am planning to spend the day cleaning my supply closet and maybe doing some scrapping later!!

Char I love the idea of a time line and Imelda you are right song would make a really great book!! Hope you have a fun day with the girls Char!!!

Kimberly your LO is so beautiful

I want to apologize to everyone because I know I am so behind on leaving love and promise I will get caught up soon!!! right now just trying to keep up!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:

Char this is a great idea!!!!!

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess
In response to leokc34

Here is a LO for my BOM! TFL!
the Dress By Pirate Princess

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

• Cassondra71 Said:
Hey everyone
Sorry I didn't check in yesterday....it was a rough one and just had nothing left....My family is doing the best they can but UHHHHHH!!!! and I guess yesterday it was just more than I could deal with!!!
ANYWAY!!! I feel better today and am planning to spend the day cleaning my supply closet and maybe doing some scrapping later!!

Char I love the idea of a time line and Imelda you are right song would make a really great book!! Hope you have a fun day with the girls Char!!!

I want to apologize to everyone because I know I am so behind on leaving love and promise I will get caught up soon!!! right now just trying to keep up!!!

Please don't apoligize! Its amazing you are even posting now. We all understand and hope that you take the time you need for yourself!

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess
In response to Pirate Princess

Another page! This is my song LO. TFL!
My Song By Pirate Princess

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:

I use these for my music pages for the kids.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Cassondra71 Said:
Hey everyone

Hang in there girl. We are all sending thoughts of strength to you.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• Quote:
I use these for my music pages for the kids.

Products Referenced in This Post:
Technologies To Remember - My Pages Talk - Speaking Up - 30 Second Voice Recorder

I wish I had something like that 2.5 years ago, before I lost my job. I had three voice messages from my daughter on my work phone going back to 1999 when she was three. Then another when she was in Kindergarten or first grade and one more after that. Listening to how her voice and speech changed. When I was having a really bad day at work, I would listen to those messages and forget about everything. I had one of those picture frames that you could record a message and I had always wanted to to take it to work, but never did. But at least I was able to listen to those messages over and over for 9 years and still can hear the one.

I logged onto Facebook this morning. Bon's grandson was born last night!!! Cassondra, I read your grandfather's obituary. What a nice tribute to him. He seemed so full of character. I was sad that he couldn't get into the military, but pictured how he was as an 18-19 y/o, denying his bone disease and trying to beat the military. Then the stupid acts he did. He didn't give up. Sounds like he was surrounded by lots of family who loved him and when he lost his wife, he had more love to share. Sounds like he lived his life to the fullest.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-09-11 07:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Our inter net has been acting up and was out all day yesterday .....sorry I wasn't able to check in I guess country living comes with a price...LOL!!!

Sally thank you so much for your kind words about my grandfather he was a wonderfully funny man and yes quite a character!!! He never let anything get him down. Thanks for taking the time to read his obit and say such nice things!!! I am gearing up......the family stuff starts tomorrow and I think some time tomorrow or wed my mom will be here.....shes not talking to me right now so not sure......I will be glad when this week is over!!!

Jen those recordable things are so cool!!! I want to get one and record Natalie while they are here her little voice is so cute and sweet right now!! I have a message on my cell phone Sally that I have kept since right after the earthquake she called to Bama....I love you Bama melts my heart every time I hear it!!!

Hope everyones week gets off to a great start!!!
Happy Monday!!!

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

the neatest thing about those recordable things is you can ink and embellish them to match your page. I love them!

I couldn't sleep last night so I finished up a BOM page. Just need to glue it down. I'll post pics later.

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

Oh..never thought of linking those to my page! Great idea! Congrats Bon on your new grandbaby! And Cassondra we are all still in prayer for you.
Blessing today everyone....

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Thanks everyone for the continued thoughts, support and prayers....seems like the closer we get to the actual service the CRAZIER its all getting....fortunately I just discovered a new fav......its a red spiced wine called witched brew.....DELICIOUS!!!!! and the name seems so fitting!!!

I did a quick page for my BOM
not my fav but something I had been wanting to do for a while

Article for BOM By Cassondra71

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

That is so cool Cassondra, you have to be proud of what you had. That was a great accomplishment in your life!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Cassondra- I definitely relate having an accomplishment soured by a person or event- even tho it's something to be proud of & stands on it's own.

And Cassondra- we UNDERSTAND completely the challenges you are having right now & the emotional toll it's taking on you. I also understand why you're on here- connection to sanity, support & your creativity calls out for that connection.
But don't feel bad if you don't get to leave love everywhere- it's okay. Don't add to your stress. Lots of love & prayers still going your way.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

Thanks Char....and everyone!!
You can't imagine how much support all of you have been.....just knowing there is a place I can come and spend a few minutes where no one is angry....no one wants or needs anything but instead is just offering up love and support has been amazing!! I think for me this challenge also kinda keeps me grounded in remembering that we all have "stuff" good stuff....bad stuff and everything in between....its more about how you choose to deal with the stuff than it is about the "stuff" itself. I started a LO last night with a theme song....not really a theme song any more but definitely one that defined me for quite some time!!!

Much to do today so better get to it!!!
Happy Tuesday!!!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Cassondra - I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather

I have to catch up on love and chatter here. Since I've had this cold I've been managing to keep up with comments on my swaps, but I haven't been keeping up on my challenge boards as much as I'd like. Now that I'm feeling better I'll pop in more often.

I haven't decided how I want to do my name layout yet. I don't know if I want to use a baby picture or if I want to not have a picture on it at all. I don't think I have enough journaling for a no picture layout, we'll see. I heard a song on the radio yesterday and I though hey, that would be perfect for a theme song for me. I know it was a song I love, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was now... maybe it'll come to me later. This is why I carry a journal with me everywhere. I can't imagine why I didn't write it down lol.

Hope you ladies have a good day, I think it's going to rain here again. It's been doing that so much here lately that I'm thinking about building an ark.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to DesiLee

Girls!

I need your positive thoughts today. I should know if a few hours a the decision I made is going to go through or not. My anxiety levels are off the charts. If this goes through, its a new path for the kids and I.

Please send positive energies this way!

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

• jenbustillo Said:
Girls!

I need your positive thoughts today. I should know if a few hours a the decision I made is going to go through or not. My anxiety levels are off the charts. If this goes through, its a new path for the kids and I.

Please send positive energies this way!

Sending..sending..sending...postive thoughts!!! Good luck, power to you, you're the best, you can do it, you rock, sister power, you're a winner...whew! Hope that helped!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Jen, I'm sure what ever choice you made with you and your kids's best interest, will work out!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-11-11 01:11 PM

Hi my friends...

I feel as though I have missed so much...and I am sorry for that and promise to catch up!!

MY GRANDSON JERRETT BENJAMIN JOSEPH IS SAFELY IN OUR WORLD!!!!! He was born Saturday afternoon at 3:03pm! He weighed in at a whopping 6lbs 2 oz and he was 19 in long...tiny little guy! My daughter hemorrhaged after the birth and our little guy was born with some health issues so prayer is coveted for them right now. He is beautiful...and so loved. If you pop over to my Facebook I will have pictures posted. That is as soon as I get my bearings back...three days in a hospital room took a toll on me. I have to upload them and then transfer them. I might even see if there is a way to post a pic here. I just wanted you all to know I hadn't forgotten you and that I was here.

Jen...I did see your post...I am praying for you and your children Girlie...and sending the MOST positive thoughts your way.

Have I told you all just how important you are to me??...I cherish each of your friendships.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

Happiness over your new bunde Bon! I envy you for getting all the baby snuggles! I love baby snuggles. How's Mama feeling?

Things are looking positive here... I didn't get an answer today but I didn't get a 'no' either. The lady said probably tomorrow. She said for me to stop worrying but it can't be helped.

In a nutshell, the children and I have decided to move from our 4 bedroom 1.5 acre home into a townhouse. We've lived here for 7 years and it was a huge decision to leave.

After my husband left 6 years ago, I've struggled with the upkeep and maintenance. Even the mortgage and utilities are so much that we've had to sacrifice to the point that I never thought I would have had to go.

This new townhouse will allow my son to continue at the same high school, my daughter to move the the 'better' middle school, and save us over $1000 a month in expenses.

Saying my prayers again tonight for the answer the kids and I need and a big thank you for all of you. I'd be insane if it weren't for my paper sisters to keep me in check!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

Cograts Bon!!! excellent news

Jen - sending positive thoughts!!!!

Cassondra - anytime you need something please let us know!!

Had to work late tonight so I didn't get in any scrappin time.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to leokc34

I have been busy busy with just everything lately and fail to stay up to date here, I am so sorry. I read through the thread tonight, prayed for everyone, read some great stories and so ready to get going. I will go back and catch up on the love soon.

I'll begin with my name. It is Suzette Ellen, hated it until I was grown, I could never ever find anything with my name on it. I have always been called Suzi by my family and those dear to me, so it seems Suzi has stuck the pass few years. Back to naming me. My Daddy wanted to name Cathy, but the nurse at the hospital said no, she told them they had to name me Suzette, for my Mama's name was Muzette Ellen. Yes I had a grandfather that would make me cry all the time b/c he knew I hated it when he called me Muzette/Suzette. So my Mama and I have the same name except for the first letter. My Mama's aunt Cassy named her. Guess that is where the sassy came from.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

I knew yesterday I had to get back in here and catch up for I have something I need to scrap after learning a very dear friend of mine had died. He was the very best friend anyone could have and he was a good friend to many and his family. I found him 15 years ago when I began thinking about getting a divorce. I became a totally mess after I divorce, remarried him to divorce him again, I know what you are thinking same thing I have heard, but at least I tried, it was 20 years and two daughters. Anyway years of good therapy and with someone who became my dearest friend I not only got back on track, but I became even better than I was, worked all those issues out of my life.
He had me doing a writing therapy. I have received many letters from him with the best advice and some well just good stuff. I had my bd on the 29th and every year I read the piece he wrote specially for my birthday one year. I have poems written just for me. That was the time I said I was going to change my name to Blossom for I was a new blooming flower.

Anyway I am looking forward to scrapping about the new me too.

I hope that I didn't bored you all too much with my ramblings.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to Sassy Suzi

Suzi~ I'm sorry to hear about your friend... Sounds like he was a blessing in your life.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Suzi, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. He was your angel at the time you needed him most.

Jen- keeping my fingers crossed you get the townhouse! Glad your kids are supportive of the move. That's a wonderful savings that you could enjoy with your children and not stress out over the mortgage and utilities.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Morning Ladies

Desi...sometimes if you can remember some of the words in the song you can type them into google and find it

Jen.....keeping my fingers crossed that things work out for you so that you are able to move

Suzi I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend....Keeping you close in my prayers

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

• jenbustillo Said:
Happiness over your new bunde Bon! I envy you for getting all the baby snuggles! I love baby snuggles. How's Mama feeling?

Things are looking positive here... I didn't get an answer today but I didn't get a 'no' either. The lady said probably tomorrow. She said for me to stop worrying but it can't be helped.

In a nutshell, the children and I have decided to move from our 4 bedroom 1.5 acre home into a townhouse. We've lived here for 7 years and it was a huge decision to leave.

After my husband left 6 years ago, I've struggled with the upkeep and maintenance. Even the mortgage and utilities are so much that we've had to sacrifice to the point that I never thought I would have had to go.

This new townhouse will allow my son to continue at the same high school, my daughter to move the the 'better' middle school, and save us over $1000 a month in expenses.

Saying my prayers again tonight for the answer the kids and I need and a big thank you for all of you. I'd be insane if it weren't for my paper sisters to keep me in check!

Jen...I went thru that a year ago. After my divorce I tried so hard to hang onto my house, keep up the yard, the mortgage and take care of my kids. It was truly killing me. My house went into short sale and I lost it in May last year. I now live in a 2B apt and love it!! If I had known it would be this much easier would have left my house a long time ago!! God has a way of making sure we are provided for according to our needs and He will take care of yours too! Believe me its much easier to clean!! (((Jen)))

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

Suzi, so sorry about your dear friend. Friends like that leave a lasting imprint on our hearts. So glad you had that friendship..sounds like it was amazing.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Finished this today for my BOM theme song

A little bit stronger By Cassondra71

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

lalalalalal lalalalalala can i use this for my theme song!! lol kidding - still don't know - arghh

Edited by leokc34 on 10-12-11 02:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to leokc34

I finally got my BOM pages uploaded onto the computer.

This one is part of a collection of portraits that I've tried to save from discoloration. I scan and reprint them in black and white.
Butterfy Kisses Portrait Layout By Jenbustillo

I absolutely love how this one turned out. I found the poem in a book and felt like it was talking directly at me!

A Note to Myself... layout By Jenbustillo

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Pirate Princess Said:
  • jenbustillo Said:

Jen...I went thru that a year ago. After my divorce I tried so hard to hang onto my house, keep up the yard, the mortgage and take care of my kids. It was truly killing me. My house went into short sale and I lost it in May last year. I now live in a 2B apt and love it!! If I had known it would be this much easier would have left my house a long time ago!! God has a way of making sure we are provided for according to our needs and He will take care of yours too! Believe me its much easier to clean!! (((Jen)))

Thank you! It is time...past time for us to stop struggling to keep up this property. I'm ready.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Cassondra71 Said:
Finished this today for my BOM theme song

A little bit stronger By Cassondra71

I love this!!! I never would have thought to soften the pictures. What a great idea!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Such great work coming from you ladies!!!

So here's a challenge I've taken over for Donna (Orvis). Go Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness

Help me get it going!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15654...

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess
In response to leokc34

• leokc34 Said:

lalalalalal lalalalalala can i use this for my theme song!! lol kidding - still don't know - arghh

Hilarious !!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm sorry Cassondra, I don't know that song and all that kept coming to mind was "try.... just a little harder" by Janis Joplin!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

hey Ladies... i know it isn't for BOM but i wanted to share... wasn't i a cute kid!!!

My Aunt and I By Leokc34

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hi everyone. I'm so behind on this thread. I promise to come back tomorrow and get all caught up on love. Still haven't had any time to get a single page done for my BOM. Life's been busy, but in a good way.

Cassondra, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Bon, congratulations on baby Jarrett! How exciting.

Have a great night, and I'll see you all tomorrow.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Kamananui

Sally I think Faith Hill sings the song but not 100% sure its kinda country....very pretty song though

Hope everyone has a great day

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Cassondra, I have the CD. Sara Evans sings the song, and she does a pretty awesome job of it.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Kamananui

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the 70's. I couldn't tell you any of the new music.

After I had my daughter 15 years ago, I pretty much stopped living my life. I'm so out of it with what's going on out there. Growing up, my childhood was tainted with a few bad things and many deaths, but I think I still turned out ok. I lived in my 20's and 30's. Had fun, explored life. Being involved in this BOM group and other groups I'm involved with, I share a little of me with my "paper sisters". I love that expression, Bon! But it has been bringing back memories, mostly good, but I have no pictures to go with them. The challenging part for me will be to scrap and journal.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I did this for the ugly paper challenge, but heck, I'm going to add it to my BOM. I'm going to do a third page to journal a bit about Ellis Island and some of facts I learned from that trip which prompted me to do further research. (Nothing indepth) But also, these pictures have other memories attached to them. Also, in the one picture are the Twin Towers. I want to journal about that day and the weeks following.

- When I was living in Jim Thorpe, PA, I made friends with two cousins, Cheryl and Karen. We had so much fun when I lived in PA. I was living with an old boyfriend and when it was time to move out, I moved in with Karen's mom who lived next door to her. (She already had a roommate) Then, after I was able to save up to move out on my own, my sister Mary, wanted to move to PA, so we lived together for several years. This during that period of my life I mentioned before, my 20-30's. Worked hard and played hard!

October Ugly paper challenge By Lookin4newideas

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-14-11 03:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

JCI- first wire jewelry class was AWESOME- will post pics maybe tomorrow- made a bracelet & pendant. Learned good techniques. I have a bunch of wire- wasn't sure how to use it & didn't want to mess up a bunch of gold wire to learn. I'm whooped tonight & can't see straight to take pics or work on my M/M/Ms - have another class tomorrow- rings. This is my instructor: http://www.cougarscreations.com/artist.html She travels all over the world (literally) to teach wire design. She is amazing. I have tons of gems & all from my dad & his dad- I need to figure out what to do with them- so learning this is best I can figure out as a medium I'm comfortable with. Might even make some money doing it too.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to charcats7

wow Char... that would be amazing - lucky to have such a talented teacher

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to leokc34

Thanks Kelly.....youre right Sara Evans!!!! I love her!!!

Char your classes sound like so much fun!! what a great way to use some of the treasures you have can't wait to see the pictures!!

Sally there are periods of time in my life that I don't have pictures of and still want to scrap about....you will find the ideas and the words when the time is right and you are ready!!!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

To all of our new friends here we invite you to join us....

Here is Nov thread.....check in and let me know what spots you'd like!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/15/ti...

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

This isn't for BOM..just wanted to share!! TFL!
[image] Nana Please!! By Pirate Princess[/image]

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

Acu and Mms.!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Hello Ladies,

I have been super busy lately. I did do another page for this challenge (I've not gotten as many done as I wanted to do but I still have time before the end of the year to get them done.)

I did a then & now page.

Then & Now By DaNel Hicks

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to DaNel Hicks

I finally started my first page. I distressed and inked my CS, then I cut out my pp, next went to make a specific cut into my pp, and screwed it up. **sigh** Not sure if I can save it or not. Just had to put it away so I can think about it for a bit.

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I finally started my first page. I distressed and inked my CS, then I cut out my pp, next went to make a specific cut into my pp, and screwed it up. **sigh** Not sure if I can save it or not. Just had to put it away so I can think about it for a bit.

Know that feeling! Hopefully you can fix it or put an embellie or pic over the tear..good luck!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Hello ladies!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!
I know I am so behind with love and I apologize from the bottom of my heart....I promise soon to catch up!!! I also need to post a new challenge.....the good news is I have finally almost found my desk again so SLOWLY I am catching up!! thanks for your patience!!

Pirate Princess- such a cute LO those little birds are darling!!

DaNel I love the idea of a then and now LO....I may have to borrow that idea for a challenge!!

Awwwww Kelly hang in there!! some times walking away is the best thing to do....I know some times when I try to fix something I think is a mistake I only make it worse but if I let it set I can go back and save it later....good luck!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Cassondra - we understand- take your time.

Hoping to work on my ugly paper & it will also be a BOM page- not the song challenge- but one about me.

I'll get pics here in a few of the jewelry I made. DH reloaded my computer & not all my software is loaded for my pics.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to charcats7

DaNel - love your idea of the then and now!

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess
In response to leokc34

Went back and added lots of luv...didn't realize I had missed so many lo's! Should be acu and mms.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Char I am excited to see the pics of the stuff you made in your class!!

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

Cossandra...hope you have had a chance to rest! Still praying for you and your family at this time.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Thanks pirate princess and everyone for all the love and support....I am doing ok and trying to settle into a new normal.....I have no creative motivation at all!!! but going to force myself to work tonight on some swap stuff.....weathers not helping its cold gloomy and rainy Uhhhhhh!!!

Someone send us some sunshine!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

just stopping by to say hi. Things have been crazy busy around here! So far, there is nothing scheduled on the calendar for this weekend. I'm going to chill and play paper!!!!!

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

• jenbustillo Said:
just stopping by to say hi. Things have been crazy busy around here! So far, there is nothing scheduled on the calendar for this weekend. I'm going to chill and play paper!!!!!

Don't you just luv those kinda days! I am getting ready to start on my DD wedding album. Of course she was married 5yrs ago! It will be a Christmas present. Finally got all the "stuff" to get it done! Since there are only 65 days till Christmas!!! Yikes!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

I better get busy with this BOM. I haven't even started...LOL

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to kirkkevinsmom

Ohhhh Pirate princess why OHHHH WHY did you have to say that???? 65 days????? YIKES!!!!
SOOOOOO much to do!!!!!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

65 days - arghhhhhh

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to leokc34

JCI - uploaded pics the other day but internet kept going out so couldn't post them... here's my jewelry projects in order of how we did them:

Wire Jewelry Class- 1st Project- Bracelet By Charcats7

Wire Jewelry Class- 2nd project- heart pendant By Charcats7

Wire Jewelry Class - 2nd day- First Ring By Charcats7

Wire Jewelry Class- Fun Ring By Charcats7

The bracelet was hard- but that is the basis for all the techniques you need to know. Now I need to make more so I get the process ingrained. LOL

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess
In response to charcats7

Char those are sooooo beautiful!! Looks very professional to me! Can't believe you just started making jewelry!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

WOW!!! Char all your pieces are AMAZING!!!! I love the ring with the beads I can't believe these are your first pieces they are AWESOME!!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Thank you Pirate Princess for the generous compliment. I have been around it my entire life- just never tried my hand at it before. My dad made some very unique & beautiful stuff in the 1970's so I guess it runs in the family (just wish I didn't inherit the poor sense of direction from him too)

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Cassondra71 Said:
WOW!!! Char all your pieces are AMAZING!!!! I love the ring with the beads I can't believe these are your first pieces they are AWESOME!!!!!

wire is an amazing medium- I think I like it almost as much as paper

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to charcats7

Char... your stuff is beautiful!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to leokc34

My wire workings have been very limited but I never had very good luck so when I see stuff as beautiful as yours Char I am amazed!!! I always know what I want it to do but it seems to have a mind of its own!!! I will stick to paper and clay!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

Here is another LO! This was for the Oct. Heritage challenge but can also be used for my BOM. Its appropriate I post it today since this happened exactly 49 yrs ago today! TFL!
Cuban Missile Crisis By Pirate Princess

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Happy SUnday ladies!!!
Hope everyone has had a SUPER weekend!!

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

Char, your jewelry is beautiful!

My weekend of nothing ended up being pretty busy. Hoping to get some swap stuff done tonight.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-23-11 11:48 AM

Just dropping by to check in!!

I hope to shake the "sads" off soon...I miss you all. I hope to finish a swap and then start my "Theme Song" Layout today. I am so behind...do we have a new challenge that I have missed???

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

No Bon you didn't miss a new challenege....your hostess has been SLACK!!!! I need to post a new one......which reminds me......Char remember when you sent me the BOM stuff??? I never got it in an email....I know you are busy so theres no rush but if you get a chance can you resend some time??

I didn't accomplish ANYTHING this weekend and I don't even have a good excuse why!!! My intentions were good....but some where between intention and making it happen.....it just didn't happen!!! Uhhhhhh!!! Oh well....its a brand new week and I am ready for it!!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I will find it & break it up- maybe the email was too big or something.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to charcats7

Here's two lo I did last night and today. I didn't even think to add them to my BOM. Both are from 1992

This one is of my Little Sister. I was a Big Sister for three years. The last year, I was nominated for the local radio station's Person of the day" and got it! I got a tape recording from it and that's about it! I sent it to my daughter's father to listen to it and he never sent it back, but I still have the memory!

Monochrome challenge week 4 By Lookin4newideas

Then this is one of my sister and I dressed up for Halloween. We always went to parties, out on the town, etc dressed up.

Monochrome color challenge By Lookin4newideas

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Thanks Char

Sally to bad he never sent the tape back that kinda stinks....but really cool that you did a LO about it.....Love the Halloween LO!!!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

Brownie By Leokc34

here is one for my BOM - it is one of me when I was a brownie. too bad the flash was in the window reflection.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to leokc34

Cassondra- I know I typed & sent you all that about the BOM but now cannot find it in my sent items between 3 e-mail accounts. I will find my notes & type it in Word so I won't lose it then copy paste it to you.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

Kimberly what a cute little brownine you were!!! I was a brownie.....not sure if I have an ypics though....your LO turned out really cute

Awwwww Char that stinks I am so sorry!!!! theres no rush so please don't worry about it!!!!

Pirate Princess
Pro
Pirate Princess

I had a sad day yesterday. I lost my first baby before she was born and it was her due date. I know I will see her in heaven but it was a sad day..spilt a few tears. Work helped..kept me busy. I am better today though....

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Pirate I am so sorry for your loss and that it was such a hard day.....I can't even imagine how hard that would be...my heart and prayers go out to you. Sending big hugs!!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

I almost forgot I finished something for my BOM

I said yes By Cassondra71

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

sorry priate princess for your loss

Page 4 of 8