Username Post: Kraft paper??!!!        (Topic#1563517)
binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

Is anyone else obsessed with kraft paper??? I realized that I have several LO with kraft paper posted here.....and have several others that I have done lately and not posted yet. It seems that I am reaching for kraft first!!!! I love all the effects you can get with kraft!!!!! Anyone else?????

[image] Gentlemen, start your engines By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

[image] Space Patrol By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

[image] Squirrel! By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

[image] Kyle By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

[image] Top Cat By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

The Top Cat one is misted and inked.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to binkiemonstermom

I use kraft as a base for my cards more often than not. I love how versatile it is!

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to kelseymel

I love craft cardstock! HereĀ“s my latest card with it!

B-d card SLS card sketch August 4th By StrawberryPia

Veteran
In response to StrawberryPia

Definitely my latest obsession. Love your layouts!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to GAKropper

I really like the Kraft paper the J's sells in the value packs, I always get it when it's only 2.50 for 50 sheets. It's super thick & I even like it better than Bazzill! The pack at J's is made by the paper company, but I didn't see it in the super store.
Products Referenced in This Post:

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI
In response to Karen3066

I too love Kraft paper and used it a lot until I ran out. I didn't notice it a J's but now will be on the lookout. I like it's versatility, it's like a pair of jeans you can mix it with anything and it looks fabulous!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

Yes, in fact I'm using it right now, roughed it up a bit to use as sand base for beach. I also like it for bg paper and to tone down bright, busy pp. it's a must have in my stash.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

• creativesoul_in_WI Said:
I too love Kraft paper and used it a lot until I ran out. I didn't notice it a J's but now will be on the lookout. I like it's versatility, it's like a pair of jeans you can mix it with anything and it looks fabulous!

It definitely is like a pair of jeans

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to pugs223

I use it a lot too!

Katie vs the sweet potatos By Amandahugandkiss

sweet potato page 2 By Amandahugandkiss

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to amandahugandkiss

I just uploaded another LO with kraft paper!!!!

I will have to look at joann's!!!!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to binkiemonstermom

Yep, I use it a lot. The pages I'm doing today will be on kraft

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I got a big pack of Kraft cardstock from oriental trading for a really good price and it is a nice weight. It is good for cards, los and cutting on my cricut. I am loving kraft right now too...

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to SarahWscraps

I use it alot as well

Teenage Dream By Inloveforlife

Peacock By Inloveforlife
Creativity that burts alive By Inloveforlife
Needing a title By Inloveforlife

surescrapsalot
Veteran
surescrapsalot
In response to Inloveforlife

I haven't caught the kraft paper fever yet. It's not that I don't like it....everyone's layouts are fantastic.....I just don't think it blends with my style....I always look at it and think, what would I do with this.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to surescrapsalot

Kraft - is it just shades of beige? Or is there texture to it as well?

I don't think we can get it where I live.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Rosey, most of the cs companies make it. It is the color of your average paper bag. The ones I like best have that fiber-y look to them, just like a grocery bag but in 80lb cs weight.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

I probably use it more than I should...but I LOVE the versatility of it!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
Rosey, most of the cs companies make it. It is the color of your average paper bag. The ones I like best have that fiber-y look to them, just like a grocery bag but in 80lb cs weight.

That's what I thought. I asked on another board a while ago, and one dear lady actually sent me a little sample. But when I took it to 4 different LSSes in Western Australia, nobody knew what I was talking about. They had never heard of Kraft. I stood there, surrounded by the very latest Bo Bunny, wondering if I was in another dimension!

Does it come in lots of different shades? Is it always textured? I ordered the Basic Grey 6x6 Kraft Basics pad and it isn't textured, just patterned with a white base/core.

Oh and I tested the piece that I was sent, and it was not acid-free, so I only used it on cards.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

• RedSquirrel Said:
  • ColbyCheeseCat Said:

That's what I thought. I asked on another board a while ago, and one dear lady actually sent me a little sample. But when I took it to 4 different LSSes in Western Australia, nobody knew what I was talking about. They had never heard of Kraft. I stood there, surrounded by the very latest Bo Bunny, wondering if I was in another dimension!

Does it come in lots of different shades? Is it always textured? I ordered the Basic Grey 6x6 Kraft Basics pad and it isn't textured, just patterned with a white base/core.

Oh and I tested the piece that I was sent, and it was not acid-free, so I only used it on cards.

There are variations in texture and shade. The Basic Grey isn't card stock. Just a "pattern paper". I'm in Canada and have a few different brands that I can send you as well.

No idea if they are acid free... I honestly don't care. The ones I have are Bazill, Recollections (Michaels brand), and a few others. If you want some just pm me

I only point out that I am in Canada because I know you are in Australia so it might be awhile before the package arrives lol!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Interesting. They stock Bazzil c/s here almost exclusively, just not Kraft.

Bless you - you're so kind! I'm actually flying back to the UK for 6 weeks this weekend, so I won't take you up on your offer just yet. I will look in the shops there and see what I can find. But thank you, and if I don't find any, I'll let you know!

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110

I just bought my first pack of Kraft card stock this weekend. I love all the different things that I have seen everyone do with it. So I thought I would give it a try!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

Please do And have fun shopping in the UK. I HOPE HOPE I can get over soon! The great-grandparents are itching to see the baby and I want to shop lol!

Just curious where about in the UK are you heading? My family is near Southampton but used to live in Cornwall

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

How about that?

My family is in Surrey, DH's people and our home are in the beautiful west country near Bristol. Cornwall and Southampton are lovely too. Are you British too?

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

Stinkin emablers you all..... I stopped at J's on the way to work today and bot a 25pk for $3 with my coupon.

Ive decided for consistency, Im going to use Kraft paper as the base pages for a 8x8 mini baby boy album Im making. The Mom likes earth tones, and the green pp I have will go wonderfully.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

• RedSquirrel Said:
How about that?

My family is in Surrey, DH's people and our home are in the beautiful west country near Bristol. Cornwall and Southampton are lovely too. Are you British too?

Haha I'm not. Canadian born and made. My step-dad who has been my 2nd Dad (he came into my life while I was VERY young) all my life is British. The whole family is mine, and I love it so I might as well be lol!

Bristol is gorgeous! I'm so used to the flat badlands in my province... The beautiful meadows and moorlands over there just amaze me!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:
How about that?

Haha I'm not. Canadian born and made. My step-dad who has been my 2nd Dad (he came into my life while I was VERY young) all my life is British. The whole family is mine, and I love it so I might as well be lol!

Bristol is gorgeous! I'm so used to the flat badlands in my province... The beautiful meadows and moorlands over there just amaze me!

I know! After the drought/desert/beach colours/light here in Oz, when I go home I'm just overwhelmed by the colour and greenness.

One of my ambitions has always been to see a Canadian autumn and proper Canadian snow!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

love Kraft paper ...

have you tried the Tim Holtz pack? it is awesome!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to madmatter

yes craft ppr is so cool. u can pretty much pair it up with any patterned ppr to tone it down.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Mia1979

The Top Cat LO is using Tim Holtz new pad. Love it!!!!!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850

• RedSquirrel Said:

Rosey I get it from my local up here - I think "kraft" refers to the colour rather than a particular brand. My local stocks mainly American Crafts cardstock but the Kraft may be from elsewhere.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Christine19850

I agree. I think Kraft is a color/texture rather than a brand. J's Kraft paper is made by Paper Studio? (I think, I tore the label off, but I think thats what it was...) It has a neat, thick feel to it. Im in love with it already and I just got a real pack to use! Before that, it was just pieces here and there.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Christine19850

• Christine19850 Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:

Rosey I get it from my local up here - I think "kraft" refers to the colour rather than a particular brand. My local stocks mainly American Crafts cardstock but the Kraft may be from elsewhere.

Thanks everyone - you're all so kind!
I'll keep asking and keep my eyes open. Maybe I'll find some in the UK. It will always keep there until I get back next spring.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics