Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: September Budget Challenge All are welcome!        (Topic#1563677)
newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Welcome to the September Budget Challenge! We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

Our illustrious hostess Alissa needs a break so I am taking over for September.. Hosting this challenge is great fun and we have a great group of enablers hahah!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of September that you want to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Courtney (Newtoscrapping2011)

Budget: $100-$12=$88-$58=$30-$16= $14 BUSTED!!!
Wishlist: Smooch, Prima Masks, EK Success Paper Shapers Punches (they make the flowers and are so so cool) LOL
Twist: NO PAPER (except what comes in my monthly kit)

Glinda (Razzledscrapper)

Budget: $50
Wishlist: Flowers, MS punch around
Twist: Cricut Carts

Tammy (Ladybing Tammy)

Budget: $75-$5=$70-$35=$35
Wishlist: embellishments for my wedding pages, beau chateau digital elements for my honeymoon album, wedding album
Twist: NO RIBBON!

Kelly (Kamananui)

Budget: $100-$27=$73-$27=$46
Wish: Spellbinders, Glimmer Mist LE
Twist: Absolutely NOTHING from the dollar bins.

Tina (tinadn)

Budget: $500-$15=$485-$27=$458-$1 34=$324-$2=$322
Wishlist: Cricut Class, major splurge at scrapfest!!
Twist: NOTHING (she is allowed to buy whatever she wants haha)

Vivian (Vivian Lake)

Budget: $80-$28=$52-$2=$50-$12=$3 8
Wishlist: Modge Podge, Blue CS, christmas quilling strips, precut ATC, Craftsheet, blank grungeboard, peachy keen stamps
Twist: dont get my panties in a wad if i dont get everything I want this month!!

Sonja (SonjaC)

Budget: $175-43=$132-$30=$102-$74 =$28-$25=$3 BUSTED
Wishlist: Cricut cutting mat, 12x12 album pages, Life's a party Cart, MS "Fence" Halloween Punch, MS Snowflake punch, EK "Notebook" punch, TH Adage Tickets, brown purple and/or gray mists, SOD kit, Storytellers Kit
Twist: NO PAPER, NO $1 Bin stuff

Alissa (runzalot)

BUDGET: $50-$16=$34-$4=$30-$14=$1 6 BUSTED
WISH: that I won't bust my budget
TWIST: brads and rub ons

Shayla (ShaylaCreations)

Budget: $10
Wishlist: Anything I need Adhesive Included
Twist: NO FLOWERS

Katie (Kdinsmore)

Budget $150-$62=$98
Wishlist: whatever she wants at scrapfest!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I'm in of course. Thanks for hosting again Courtney!

I am unsure of my budget this month. Need to think on it and my wish list.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I've got to think but I'm definitely in.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I'm in.

Glinda - Razzled Scrapper
Expert
In response to Kamananui

Hello girls I am back. Missed everyone. Whats been happening with me well....My husband went back to work after being unemployed for 8 and half months, daughter turned 18, son turned 13 so I now have only teenagers. I can go on but those are the most important things that has happened since I have been gone.

So now for this months $$$ well I think I will limit myself since I am saving for a new car and my husband always buys me scrapbooking stuff for my anniversary in Sept. so I should be able to get buy with only spending $50.00

Budget $50.00
Wishlist Flowers, Martha Stuart punch around

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

I hope Alissa is ok I havent seen her in a while....

Welcome back Glinda!! Yay for your DH....
Did you have a twist you wanted to include?

First post is ACU to here....lets see how good (or bad) we can be this month LOL!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm going to be good.

I just need to work on a budget and wish list. Welcome back, Glinda. It's so good to see you!

Expert
In response to Kamananui

Thanks girls. I've glad to be able to get back into the fun things.

As for a twist I will add no Cricut Carts.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

here i am

Alissa is fine (she's my sis). Her plate is VERY full with back to school (work) and DT stuff.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Vivian Lake

Hi Vivian!!

Budget: $100
Wish: Spellbinders, Glimmer Mist LE
Twist: Absolutely NOTHING from the dollar bins. I swear on all that's holy I have about a $1000 worth of dollar [email protected]!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

So glad to hear that Alissa is doing fine...I totally understand that she is busy, I just totally didn't want to step on any toes by hosting in September....Hope she is able to come and play along with our budget!!

Congrats Vivian, you won the RAK from last month!! PM me your address and I will get you some goodies!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

$500 for me
Wishlist: Cricut class, major splurge at Scrapfest!!!!!!!!!!
Twist: Nothing, this is my buy anything I darn well please, cuz I'm going to Scrapfest month:)

My classes are already paid for and those were in my vacation budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I am going to give myself a budget of $60
WISH: embellishments for my wedding pages, glimmer mist or like product
TWIST: no ribbon!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 09-02-11 07:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I want Tina's budget!!!!

Also, please note that I'm not including the Silhouette Cameo in my budget. I plan on getting one. I just want to see how everyone else likes theirs first. If there seems to be issues, I'll get the new KNK cutter, Zing. All I know is that I AM getting a new cutter, and it's a separate budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Yeah I want Tina's budget too! And a trip to scrapfest!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Ill just take the trip to scrapfest...i really need to make it to one of these....this just sounds like entirely too much fun!!

Kelly, good luck in your search for a new cutter and it should be a seperate budget!! (yes i am totally enabling you here lmao)

Off to update the first post!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

hmm I guess to wishlist can you add a Wedding Album and then maybe up my budget to $75

Thanks

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

sure thing!!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

Just spent $28 at HL on stuff actually on my list:

Budget: $80
Wish: Modge Podge (got it): Blue CS (got it): christmas quilling strips (got them too): precut ATC (got them)
More wishes: Craftsheet, blank grungeboard, peachy keen stamps
Twist: don't get my panties in a wad if I don't get everything I want this month!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

$500?! I want Tina's budget!

Congrats Vivian!!!

I'm in again! (I've had my budget written down for a week already, just waiting for Courtney to finally post the challenge!) It includes both my SOD and Storyteller's Club kits as well as two Cricut items I just won on Ebay yesterday... Believe it or not, we're trying to watch our spending this month... And with my b-day coming, I'm hoping for some scrappy money to get some of these things as 'gifts'...

Budget: $175
Wishlist: Cricut cutting mat, 12x12 album pages, Storybook Cartridge, Life's a Party cartridge, MS 'Fence' Halloween punch, MS snowflake punch/stamp, EK 'Notebook' punch, TH Adage Tickets, brown, purple and/or gray mists, SOD Kit, Storytellers Kit
Twist: Absolutely NO paper (again), or $1 bin stuff!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

And with that... you can take $43 off my budget for the Cricut goodies I got on Ebay and cross off the Life's a Party cart and cutting mat! Also take off another $30 for my Storyteller's kit and cross that off too...
Sheesh, only day 2 of the month and I've nearly spent half my budget!!!

Okay, I only have a three-week month so that should help, right??

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

lmao!!!!! well my dear its been posted for like 3 days lol and you werent here!!!

At least you know you were missed

ok now i can get my panties out of the bunch they were in hahahah!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thought you'd like that!

Really!? I totally missed it! I was going through all the challenges looking for it... are you suuurrreee???

Yep, glad to know you guys missed my enabler spirit! Wait till you hear about the deal I got on evilbay...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

ut oh lol!!! cant wait...it looks like your getting as much work done as i am today hahahaha...im closing the office early woo hooo going the heck home, no one is working!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Yep... not a dang thing... well, I took a couple training courses that were required, but not due till the end of Sept. Lucky! I'm hoping to go home early today...

So I found a Cricut Tool package that comes with 2 mattes, a spatula, the zip-up toolkit case, a cutting board and two packs of paper for $20!! WOooot!! And I got the cartridge for $23!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

good for you Sonja!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Uh-oh, Sonja's wish list is making me want to shop. I really want the MS Himalayan punch, but I think it's discontinued. **sigh** I also want the the Cricut October 31st cartridge which is retired. Why do I always want things after I can no longer get them?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

lol your not alone Kelly. Her wish list has me drooling!! I wish i had someone to share the expense with me LOL...There are so many great punches out there and they just keep getting better LOL

Im going to a friends house on monday to scrap!! So excited!! we have hung out at crops, but our schedules haven't allowed us to crop together lately!! I am hoping to get so many layouts done this weekend!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

jci
Have a great weekend!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

have a great weekend everyone! I have lots on my plate today but no real scrappy time although I do expect to learn how to make my own misters later tonight!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

oh how exciting Tammy!! that sounds like grand fun!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

Glad to see everyone! Be back later with budget and wishes.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to runzalot81

Hi Alissa. I've missed you!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Yayyy there you are Alissa, I was worried about you!! Hope you don't mind that I hosted again this month.

I have not shopped yet this month woot woot!!

Are you all behaving or just really busy?? lol

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Hey Ladies thanks courtney for hosting again! I sold my baby bug this weekend

I am in again and my budget is a very low 10$ just for anything I need to scrapbook this month adhesive included.. My twist no Flowers

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to ShaylaCreations

There you are shayla!!! Was wondering where you were hiding. I will update the first post later tonight! I'm posting from my phone!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Shayla, you sold your bug? Are you buying a new cutter?

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Don't know about anyone else - but I've been busy AND not behaving. Mom driving me just a little bit nuts. The bonker house is starting to look promising . . .
Been working on my ATC's. First time making them and thoroughly enjoying it. Dusting off my quilling paper/packs and using them again. My son is keeping me busy with "let's go somewhere, please. can we go go go go go . . . !!???" Gah!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

hey everyone! Glad to see Alissa and Shayla back!

Make your own Mister success I think! I am still playing before I use it for real!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I probably won't be hosting anything here for quite awhile so y'all knock yourselves out!

BUDGET: $50
WISH: that I won't bust my budget
TWIST: brads and rub ons

I spent $4 getting stuff for one of my DTs. About to spend a little more...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Oh and $16 at Ms... NEEDED Halloween ribbon in a way that only you all would understand... and there were mini roses on clearance... and a punch my mom needed... and some Halloween stickers that were on sale...

And for the $4 I'm getting Happy Days by EP and the little random things that go with it.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

And Alissa is off and running! BTW, I'm totally in love with EP Happy Days. Love it!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL Alissa....ok i just don't want to PIS% anyone off LOL...

I got such a great deal today... A MS halloween punch around the page ghost punch today at TJ Maxx fro $6.99 I am sooo sooo excited I will update the first punch in a bit...going to put all my fun purchases away....not many scrappy items just the punch!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

I was out at a discount store just looking at what they had - they often have punches and I found the MS holiday penquins for $4.99! That is unheard of up here in Canada so needless to say it landed in my home!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I've never found a really good deal on a holiday punch. I'm not giving up though. I'm persistent when it comes to punches.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to SonjaC

So I took last month off. Scrapfest is this month, so I'm going to spend a lot of $ and I have no idea what will be there, or what will be on sale. Should I even bother playing along this month?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

It is totally up to you! You can set a budget (no matter how high or low) and make your wish list....this may help you curb those impulse purchases??!!! We would love to have you if you would like to join us!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

ok first post is all updated...let me know if I missed something!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

$2 at M's for Halloween stamps. $12 at J's for craft sheet. Yep, I'm all chatty this morning.

Edited by Vivian Lake on 09-05-11 03:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
So I took last month off. Scrapfest is this month, so I'm going to spend a lot of $ and I have no idea what will be there, or what will be on sale. Should I even bother playing along this month?

I set mine for $500. I've been to Scrapfest the last 3 years and spent a ton. A's has a seperate hotspot section that is HUGE and they add new items daily. The store itself has had paper companys selling their new items too. Last year I met Madison from Echo Park and had to buy his paper:) and then there were the Fancy Pants guys...

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

lol - Katie - welcome back! Just set a no budget but add a wish list so you know the must have items you want from scrapfest!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

$14 on digi stamps.

Courtney, you'll have to hop over to GS to find the pi$$y kind. I do have to admit I find the drama/train wrecks downright hysterical

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

GS???

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Katie, you better play along! I need to live vicariously through you and Tina!

Alissa, the smiley thread was killing me yesterday.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
GS???

General Scrapbooking

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

BUSTED. I was with a friend and I was alleviating stress...

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Alissa I know - I was thinking maybe the NSBR so I was surpised by the GS however I am quite enjoying reading this one thread in there right now!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

The things some folks worry themselves over!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LMAO!! so glad you ladies aren't the pi$$y kind!! I went shopping this weekend, but I think I may still be under budget!
Will have to count up the damage and list the fun stuff i bought!!

First post is all updated..hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.

Tina and Katie...when is Scrapfest?? Me and my friend are going to save up to head out next year!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Busted on Day 5? ********, I haven't even spent any money yet. I'm a late bloomer.

So, what thread should I be reading?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
LMAO!! so glad you ladies aren't the pi$$y kind!! I went shopping this weekend, but I think I may still be under budget!

Tina and Katie...when is Scrapfest?? Me and my friend are going to save up to head out next year!

Scrapfest is Sept 16-18 this year. It is always the 3rd weekend of Sept.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

LMAO!!! i dunno but people really are silly!! I actually stopped reading some of the snippy comments in GS because i wanted to tell those people to get a life LOL...Sometimes you do just need some entertainment though LOL

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Shayla, you sold your bug? Are you buying a new cutter?

I Have the big one so I just sold the baby finally. It's been just sitting feeling unloved.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

There you are shayla!!! Was wondering where you were hiding. I will update the first post later tonight! I'm posting from my phone!

I was slow this month lol Hopefully that means I will be slow to spend. Although I was sick since thursday night so another good reason lol.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

Some people really say too much . . . others are really too sensitive . . . it's called life!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Oh, I get it. You have the Expression. You certainly don't need two bugs. Good for you for making space for more scrap stuff.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

i think you ladies are all shopped out from the summer LOL!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm still trying to recover from that insane haul I had a while back with all those DCWV packs I don't use. I took a photo of the damage, and every time I'm tempted to go nuts I look at the picture. Stops me in my tracks every time.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:

Scrapfest is Sept 16-18 this year. It is always the 3rd weekend of Sept.

Oh perfect! If you guys decide to buy me a birthday present that weekend, I will totally and graciously accept it!
Kidding of course! Sooo jealous! Like I need a reason to shop, but with a budget of $500 I can't wait to see all the goodies you get!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Goodness you guys were busy this weekend! Trying to cu here...

Alissa!!!! How can you be busted on the 5th day already?!? Okay I get the relieving stress thing though...

Kelly - that's a good idea! I will do that when my SOD kit arrives... Whew... I nearly busted on that alone! Won't be doing much shopping after that one... hehehe

GS forum for the drama huh? Well I believe I'll be skipping that one! I get enough drama at home w/o hearing about everyone else's! If there was an Academy Award for Best Actor in an Melodrama, my DH would win every year... Sounds like there are a few that are just wound a bit tight huh? I thought scrapbooking was supposed to be relaxing and therapudic?!

Speaking of... I whined and begged the dh to stop at M's on the way home from the cabin last night since they had a 50% off coupon for that day. He agreed as long as we could go to REI and get him something. Sheesh the things I do for scrappy goodness... Right like you have to twist my arm to go to REI either... ANYwho, so I got my MS Halloween fence punch for $9!!!! *SQUEEEEE* Soo excited! And then the evil w*tch hands me another 50% off coupon for next week...

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

lol Kelly try the post by Yellowstar - freakin hilarious.

Ummm I am afraid to look at the first page but I spent $35 late yesterday - I needed some challenge stuff and a few extra things landed in my hands (honestly a girl can make her own gm if she doesn't have any mini misters now can she)

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Uh-oh. Tammy, you do realize that GM can become a sick addiction, right? Welcome to the dark side.

Sonja, I printed out the 50% of coupons and ended up tossing them out. Yay me!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

yes yes I see that Kelly - yikes!

And Yay you for throwing out your coupons!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Good for you Kelly!!! My only reason for not tossing it was that I was waiting for their next 50% off coupon so I could get the fence! Just didn't think they'd do it that soon!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

lmao Sonja you crack me up!! you ladies have been great so far...I spent $58 dollars yesterday on stickers, bo bunny mini albums all kinds of random ******** LOL!! to be honest it is still in my trunk LOL raining here and I didn't feel like getting it out!!

I will update y'all later tomorrow hopefully LOL!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

OH i bought a Crop a Dile with my 50% off coupon...i have been wanting one of those for a while....so i finally broke down and got one!! (i still don't know what i spent the other $38 on LMAO) $8 was for 2 bo bunny mini albums...OHHHH and there was Tim Holtz Stuff in the clearance bin at AC Moores....so i spent like $15 on that....and the rest was on stickers because they were 52% off for labor day! phew i was starting to think i was totally losing it!!!

BTW i think fall is here already!! it was only in the 60's today...its like someone flipped a switch and turned on the coldness!! I want summer back!!!!!!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I've had a crop a dile for about 5 years and have never once used it. I lost the instructions that came with it, so I don't know what to do with it. I bought it at Costco and it came with tons and tons of stuff.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Went to Cricut Club tonight at a scrap store about 30 miles from me. Spent $15 there.
Spent $10 on ribbon and $2 on a acrylic stamp set elsewhere.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Someone talk me down, STAT! I'm about to drown myself and budget in one huge Bo Bunny order. I want the collections for Et Cetera, Welcome Home, and Forever Fall. Plus I want all the matching buttons, jewels, and trinkets. I'm so ready to pull the trigger. Help! (I really do need Welcome Home though. I still haven't scrapped the photos of our new house that we've now lived in 18 months...)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

OHHHH this is going to be hard to talk you down because that Et Cetera collection is amazing..I cannot wait to get my Scraps of darkness September kit!!(that collection is in it)

ok im gonna try to be rational here with this....do you need the "Welcome Home" collection in order to scrap the photos of your new house....can't you use paper and embellies you already have??

I say let it sit in your cart for a few days...if you still want/NEED all of it, then push the button, but chances are you will realize that you dont need ALL the jewels buttons and trinkets...Im sure you have similar stuff in your stash.......

Ok how did I do because that was torture!!! BE STRONG!! lol

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Someone talk me down, STAT! I'm about to drown myself and budget in one huge Bo Bunny order. I want the collections for Et Cetera, Welcome Home, and Forever Fall. Plus I want all the matching buttons, jewels, and trinkets. I'm so ready to pull the trigger. Help! (I really do need Welcome Home though. I still haven't scrapped the photos of our new house that we've now lived in 18 months...)

*smack* STOP shopping and go make something fabulous!! I KNOW you can!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

lmao i love it Vivian...short and to the point!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

And I've now backed away from the cart. (it's still loaded, but I'm off the page at least) I love all that Bo Bunny paper and know that if I don't get any of it, it will be ok because more paper will eventually come out that I will love just as much, right?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

I need to go package up some swap stuff and go to the post office. I need to mop my floors and do laundry. All these things should keep me occupied long enough for this shopping urge to pass.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

listen if you need housework to keep you occupied i will be happy to have you come to my house and do some floors and laundry!! LOL

And yes there will be more pretty paper next month right??? yes...set a goal and use that many papers before you can buy any more....while i have to be perfectly honest, it hasnt completely STOPPED my paper buying, it has made me really think if I have a specific purpose for paper before I buy it...Now MME lost and found 2 i had no will power when at my LSS LOL their christmas paper was to die for!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I've had a crop a dile for about 5 years and have never once used it. I lost the instructions that came with it, so I don't know what to do with it. I bought it at Costco and it came with tons and tons of stuff.

Yeah that - me too - I think I might have used mine 3 times and had to have someone show me each time

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy and I need a crop a dile inservice. Who is coming over to teach us how to use it?

BTW, I still haven't pulled the trigger on my cart, but I did realize that I'm 2.6 pounds away from losing 40 pounds. That's got to be worth some kind of scrappy reward, right? Maybe when I tell my hubby, via e-mail with a link to my shopping cart he'll buy it for me.

And no Courtney, I do not need additional cleaning for distraction. Trust me when I say I have plenty to do over here.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

You guys are sooo funny! LOOVE Vivian's take-charge way of talking Kelly down! I seriously laughed out loud here and had to explain why to my co-worker! She still thinks I'm ...

Kelly - Don't do it!!! Have your dh buy it for you as a reward , because that is a fabulous accomplishment!!! Great job for you! Now.... wait till you get that last 2.6 lbs and it'll really help keep you motivated!

I cannot wait for the SOD kit since I was able to resist buying the Et Cetera line when sb.com had the 20% deal. Wasn't easy, but I"m really glad I waited! And I've curbed a lot of spending recently. I took (I think) Kelly's advice and took a photo of all the [email protected] I have to remind myself that I really don't need anything else!

A Cricut Club, Tammy?? That sounds interesting!

No spending for me... I'm being a good little today!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Kelly congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome! I'm sure some talk show host would say you should lose sb supplies to help you lose weight. But I don't agree, sorry I'm an enabler, buy, buy, buy! Reward, reward, reward!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

my crop a dile is still in my trunk LMAO!! but as soon as i figure it out I will be glad to let you know how to work it LOL

I want mine more for hole punching in the middle of the page LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I wasted 20 minutes of my life watching some you tube video made by this woman with a really annoying mouth. The video was supposed to teach me how to use my crop a dile, but I was so distracted by her mouth I didn't learn a thing.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Oh and F2F has the new LE fall GM as their DOD. I spent $27 on GM, and you can cross it off my list.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

I saw in our paper that someone has 200 pieces to the cuttlebug and Sizzix on the their garage sale tomorrow. Hmmmmmmmmmmm wondering if I should go??????????????

Kelly annoying mouth made me spit my coffee:)
I wish I would have known about the GM earlier, I would have pounced.

I recently found a great deal on the cropadile too. I like it for putting eyelets on deeper on pages and it can put holes thru several pieces of paper. I took a flower class where we used it and was very handy. It's the flowers where you dip the papers in downy and water and crumple, then uncrumple.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Oh, I get it. You have the Expression. You certainly don't need two bugs. Good for you for making space for more scrap stuff.

Exactly.. I wont lie I held on to it for an extra year before shaking myself to sell it. I could have gotten more $$ for it last year but I was finally ready to let go no point having two

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

lol you guys have me laughing this Morning, I love my crop-a-dile.. well when I scrap.

Oh Kelly Bo Bunny is my fave I was trying to ignore your post I want all of those papers too!! I agree send the link to your hubby, you def deserve a prize for losing almost 40 lbs! that is AWESOME I lost 25 lbs recently and that was tough! Now Im just trying too keep it off lol so in my eyes you definately deserve it!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

I think i have found the weight you all have been losing LOL! need to get my butt back to the gym!

Tina, i think you should go...and if they are cheap i mean how can you resist right??!!!

I will be MIA the next couple of days...dinner with friends and a band tonight yayy! and then tomorrow I have an overnight crop at my LSS woo hooo....if only i didnt have to work all day before hand....i think i am going to need to bring my blankie and pillow!!

I will try to check in though....Im off to update the first post! and man that f2f deal is hard to resist grrrrrrrrrr lol

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

OH and if anyone wants to volunteer to host in October that would be great...its my anniversary month and so much going on...(if Alissa doesnt want to come back for october)!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tina, if you are asking me, the answer is GO! You might find some amazing stuff. Also, not to enable or anything, but POUNCE! The F2F deal is still up and not sold out. BTW, that Downy flower thing sounds interesting. I've never heard of it.

Shayla, it's hard to lose that weight, isn't it? I've been working so hard. I'm fortunate enough to have a home gym with a treadmill and Bowflex Selecttech weights which I use a lot, but mostly I'm addicted to programs. I love Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire, and CLX. I have most of the Beach Body programs. Anyway, I suspect my husband will reward me generously as he just spent a small fortune on his Harley, and that's no where close to the price of my paper.

Courtney, sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Have fun. And I can host October for you if no one else is interested. I think Alissa will be on a long break. I miss her so much, but I'm so happy for her. She's doing such amazing things for her Design Team projects.

Edited by Kamananui on 09-08-11 08:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Glad I can amuse you all. Alissa is on a long break from hosting I believe. She's taking on the world while I'm happy just to putter along and make something every now and then. Although I LOVE the motivation that projects give me and it's why I sign up for swaps. I love the focus it gives otherwise I just aimlessly wander over my scrappy stuff and do . . . nothing.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

listen Kelly...im trying to be good here and not get those glimmer mists lol...YOUR NOT HELPING LOL!!

vivian you make beautiful pages so dont make me smack you LOL!

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics