Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: new layout september        (Topic#1563687)
tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

07-31-11 08:15 AM - Post#14587939

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. Thanks terry for hosting august!
and cheryl for standby!

If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO CHALLENGES and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say =)

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

Oct-- Cheryl
Nov--Terry Terry

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

Those Dooney & Burke purses are hot items

i collect these 2!

i love my pepper!

my bad i thought today was the first

Edited by tealbrand on 08-31-11 04:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Hi yall! I'm here! And I just bought my first Dooney & Burke purse! I've never spent that much money on a purse before....dh will probably kill me!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Mel - thanks for hosting September!!

Anna - you will have to post a pic when you get it. I want one but can't bring myself to do it.

My grandson was supposed to be here until 5 but his mom got off early so he just left. I am going to finish up some housekeeping and head to my scraproom!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

I'm here now too. Thanks for hosting Mel!
I never did win the bid for those purses so one night I got the QVC bug and bought a B Makowsky leather purse. Love the thing but I've only used it once. The weight on that purse is more than I want to carry and that's without anything in it! I should sell it on Ebay!!!

Three hrs this am on the phone with Son...that's about 8 hrs total and more to come. But I'm glad he can & will talk with me.

I don't give a hoot or holler---I scrap tomorrow.

Anna-glad your mom is doing well and hope that continues!
Jeannie--Denise wore me out too!!! But I'm like her, when I get started I won't stop. And now since I don't smoke ( 4 yrs now!!!) there aren't any breaks and I can't stand to have anyone or animal in the house when I do this stuff.
BTW...if sept is gone then I should be in MD!!!

BBL...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Thanks for hosting Sept. Mel.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Thanks for hosting August Terry! And thanks for hosting September Mel! What was that you said? You're gonna buy Dooney and Burke purses for everyone? COOL! lol

Congrats on the new purse Anna. So glad to hear your mom is doing well =)I wanna see a pic of your purse tooo!!!

Congrats on not smoking for 4 years Terry! Thats awesome!

I have a Prada purse that was given to me as a gift years ago. Its nice but I never used it. I should try to sell it lol

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to DittoBabyGirl

LOL donna

ss i put the tread up without the link
i had it up until i realize it was the 31
dh told me it was sept!
anyway thank girlfriends and thank you terry for hosting august and cheryl for a standby

i love spellbinder dies
need to find out a cheap place beside evilbay

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

terry i knew we where sister from another mother i been smoke free for 4 yrs too,got pneumonia and my chest hurt so bad i stop while gettin well fom that,got a little pump from that!

anna happy your mom is doing well and hope she keep gettin better enjoy that purse,life 2 short and i think you owe yourself that purse!

denise i am tired just readin your post but i too like to get it done,

the months are going by so fast i hate school started in august because it was 2 hot to be on a bus stop i have to have ice water for terie and mel when they come home,

i did put a link so our friends will find us
i scrap butterflies with differents pp i saw some in the super store bowlin 5 with a little blings i can do my own

Edited by tealbrand on 08-31-11 02:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

Anna, I'm happy that you're happy and that your mom is doing better.

Hey Gals I didn't mean to drop the let's-meet-Katy-and-Jeann ie-at-the-expo thing. We'd love it. The one in Pleasanton will be some time in March, I think.

At the end of this month Katy and I are going to a 3 day retreat. I'm gonna start organizing what I'm gonna bring now....not....more like when I get around tuit.

Christmas before last, DH got me a big black Dooney Burke with brown trim (love those colors in a purse) It is heavy though so most of the time it lives in its little blue dooneyburke cloth bag.I bought myself a DB bag last Christmas that is that vinyl stuff they use...it's a blue plaid...really cute. I want a Coach bag now.....no a Gucci.....yeah!....not. I want the money instead. I do like Brighton and got a good like new one of those off evilbay some time ago...and then got blue paint on it..Always liked Stone Mountain..are they even still around.

Oh I just got a scrapbook idea...must act on it immediately. Have fun scrapping Cheryl and Terry.

Thanks for hosting Mel.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to dollscrap

http://shop.makingmemories.com/Default.asp

yesterday all the cards was $20.00

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to dollscrap

we need to take a pic and post of our purse

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Dropping off 3 cards I have made so far:

Birthday Wishes By Cdjohnson

Chic By Cdjohnson

Just a Note By Cdjohnson

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to cdjohnson

jci...acu...mms....

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to c-leaper

BB tomorrow...

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to c-leaper

I had a purse that had been setting in my closet for years...nothing fancy..no big name...just a big purse...I started using it again recently and now I remember why it has been setting in the closet...everything goes to the deepest part of the bottom of the purse and I have to dig around to find anything.so frustrating!..so as soon as I find me a new purse...smaller....this one is going back into the closet!
Mel, thanks for hosting this month!
Anna, I'm glad your Mom is doing better..
Denise, I am plum tuckered out just reading your post on everything you are doing at your house....wanna come over here??
I might try to do a bit of scrapping this weekend... after I go to my Little LSS... it is being sold..luckily the buyer is keeping it as a scrapstore! She's having a "clean up" sale this weekend..everything is 25% off.. I just HAVE to go check it out and support our local businesses ya know!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

Dropping off one more card. I forgot to say in the description of it that I used Spiced Marmalade distress ink for the emboss resist technique and clear embossing powder.

spoil yourself today By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
Anna, I'm happy that you're happy and that your mom is doing better.

Hey Gals I didn't mean to drop the let's-meet-Katy-and-Jeann ie-at-the-expo thing. We'd love it. The one in Pleasanton will be some time in March, I think.

At the end of this month Katy and I are going to a 3 day retreat. I'm gonna start organizing what I'm gonna bring now....not....more like when I get around tuit.

Christmas before last, DH got me a big black Dooney Burke with brown trim (love those colors in a purse) It is heavy though so most of the time it lives in its little blue dooneyburke cloth bag.I bought myself a DB bag last Christmas that is that vinyl stuff they use...it's a blue plaid...really cute. I want a Coach bag now.....no a Gucci.....yeah!....not. I want the money instead. I do like Brighton and got a good like new one of those off evilbay some time ago...and then got blue paint on it..Always liked Stone Mountain..are they even still around.

Oh I just got a scrapbook idea...must act on it immediately. Have fun scrapping Cheryl and Terry.

Thanks for hosting Mel.

I love Stone Mountain too. I cannot find them around here anywhere but did find them about two years ago at a mall that I was visiting. Didn't buy one but regretted not getting one because I haven't seen them since.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Good morning girls!

Denise, won't you please come to my house? I will turn you lose and let your rearrange until your heart is content!

If I keep the purse, I will post a pic of it. I am concerned that once I get my stuff in it, it will be too heavy. I don't like a heavy purse on my shoulders either. I now feel guilty for spending so much on a purse. I have been carrying Vera Bradley for the last two years, have several of those, but leather is my favorite.

Hope everyone has a good day! BBL

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

JCI before going to my IV pump class at work this morning. After that I am going to meet my sister for lunch and then come home and work on some layouts. See ya later!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

jci

cheryl love all the cards so cute and pretty!

i have a feeling anna going to return the purse

i cutout and play with my bigkick and slice and after i finish washing and folding clothes i want to scrap something,more cards and a page need to order more pics so i can do back 2 school page

terry this thanksgiving will be 4yr for me
got sick leading to thanksgiving and had soup while everyone else ate smoke pig!and i was hungry
and wanted a smoke every now and then i dream i am smoking and i wake up and look around
to make sure it a dream!

bbl

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to tealbrand

Good morning!

I love big, scrunchy bags-not sure how you'd classify them-hobo bags maybe? The last cruise we went on I bought this Guess bag that I loveeee-cept the darn thing is SO heavy...even when its empty. So its sitting in my closet. But I love it lol

I found a site for Stone Mountain bags...didn't they used to sell them in JC Penny's? http://www.stonemountainhandbags.com/ecom/details/38

I saw this Kate Spade bag on Zappos that I really reallyyyyy want. It was $525...just checked it today and its down to $315. I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a bag though. They have a Kate Spade in the outlets near me...maybe I'll take a ride there and see if they have it. Its white so its "out of season". Maybe I'll get lucky =)

A 3 day scrap retreat? Ooooo-lucky you Jeannie!

Gotta jet-have a great day ladies. I'll BBL to leave loves

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Morning~~
QVC also sells Stone Mountain bags & shoes! I'll tell ya this is one area that DH does not understand spending big bucks on. Especially since he's carried his denier nylon wallet for 15 yr & it only cost $22. Spending on purses is a secret in this house!!!

DS#1 left his wife night before last and is doing well. He had an epiphany which made it all easier. He hasn't felt anything for her for years. So the texting affair, the gambling, and all the drama is just more reasons to leave. But now they are pretty amicable and are watching out for the kids. He'll be down this weekend with the 2 sweeties so that's good. I however am still stunned that in 2 mo she pulled out $5400 to gamble on. Only put back $2000 so far....wow!

With that I'm off to exercise & scrap...need a release right now!!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Mel, haven't decided about the purse yet. I'm still thinking...do I or don't I????

Donna, yes JCP used to sell Stone Moutain purses. That is where I got mine. It was a large purse and I carried it for two years straight. Finally switched to Vera Bradley when I decided my SM was worn out. I think Macy's carries them too but we don't have one around here. I have looked online at them, but see nothing that really jumps out at me like the DB did. So we'll see if I keep it or not.

Terry, I didn't realize QVC carried Stone Mountain purses. The channel always gets me in trouble and so does HSN. Hope you are able to have a pleasant visit with your son and grankids this weekend.

TheHybridMess
Veteran
TheHybridMess
In response to cdjohnson

Hello ladies...enjoyed a lovely Spring Day here today. I'm sorry I keep flaking at the end of the month... work is usually gets so crazy then

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to TheHybridMess

Finally got around to posting thepics of the mini album I made for my nephew. Heres the cover:

Mini Wedding Album Cover By DittoBabyGirl

The rest of the pages are in my gallery-I'll post them here later. I love the paper I used for the cover. Found it in J's. Its got these plastic crystal looking...lumps (for lack of a better word) on it.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to TheHybridMess

LOL, y'all and your purses. I had to get a new purse while at my folks and was mad I had to pay $30 for the leather St. John's Bay (black with brown stitching - I like that combo too) one I got at JC Penneys! The smaller the better and I won't buy a purse that has to have a wallet in it, makes them too heavy. I always opt for the ones with the zippered compartment with the little slots for cards, ID, folding money and coins. Kinda fun to see eveyone's tastes in purses.

Got the front closets cleaned and organized and bought frames for my mineral art and got it hung. Now all I need to do is get the stuff moved to the shed and clean (dust, vacuum) the living room. Also looking for some nice baskets for my scrap stuff. Looked at Wal-MArt last night when I was getting cat food but they didn't have anything near what I want so must look at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, and maybe Garden Ridge.

BTW, "NO Thanks" to all you wanting me come and clean for you think I will scrap instead!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Back from my IV pump class, which was AWESOME!! Can't believe how sophisticated these pumps are and how easy to use. We go live with them on September in the entire hospital. Met my sister for lunch and went to Rafferty's for their chicken salad. Home and waiting for daughter to get here to hear about her day at school. Need to clean up from where I scrapped last night before I start anything new. BBL!!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

i did some scrappin
it took me all morning with blog hopping for
free stuff from primas and glimmer mist dt
and trying to keep up with cc deal of the day
i swear you never shop anywhere else except for glue,i love this place 2 but some things here are just 2 high anyway here my page swim By Tealbrand

now to ckeck the tread and give some love

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

denise i love the garden ridge we have here
i get card for buying glue

cheryl i have to keep my area clean period
it in the front room plus i am a sloppy
scrapper

jeannie you are 2 lucky dang

chantal

donna that is a beautiful mini,love the color
and pics 2 cute

bbl

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

ACU on love but will take a bit to read and catch up on the chat from all you chatterboxes.

Just got a hair cut and had the gray covered..feel light and freeeee....and broke.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

JCI

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Here it is my day to scrap...I'm sitting on the floor comparing paper & I took off the glasses aaaannndddd they broke. Now I spent the late morning & most of the afternoon ordering new ones.

But at least I'll be able to see tomorrow!

I'll admit most of my purse cost about $25 to $30 too...just that one went over the top. I like small ones with pockets...lots of pockets!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

I have a variety of size purses that I carry depending on where I am going and if I have grandkids in tow or not. My favorite purse is a zebra striped purse with a black satin ribbon around the top and it cost me $5 at the Dollar General Store. LOL

Here is a card I just finished. Love the way it turned out but sure was time consuming to make!!

Napkin Fold Card By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is a layout I finished this evening.

Hangin' out with Nana By Cdjohnson

Heading off to bed, have to work tomorrow. See you tomorrow evening!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Just poppin in to drop off the rest of my mini

Sorry about your son...but glad he had an epiphany. Even bad relationships are hard to walk away from. Crazy to think she spent all that $ on gambling-she needs help for sure. Glad they are being civil for the kids. Enjoy your grandbabies this weekend!

Hey Chantal!

Oh speaking of Walmart-the one near me got rid of all their Cricut stuff...the scrappy isle is pretty sparse. They did however get in a bunch of these dollar chipboard stickers and embellies. I stocked up when I was in there lol

Glad you feel "light and free" Jeannie lol

I have no idea what an IV pump is for Cheryl-but I'm happy it makes you happy =) The chick who did my hubbys IV could have used a class or 2. She butchered his left arm-finally went over to the right arm. He bruised terribly

Ok...I'll shut up now. Have a wonderful day!

Mini Wedding Album Page 2-3 By DittoBabyGirl

Mini Wedding Album Page 4-5 By DittoBabyGirl

Mini Wedding Album Page 6-7 By DittoBabyGirl

Mini Wedding Album Page 8-9 By DittoBabyGirl

Mini Wedding Album Page 10-11 By DittoBabyGirl

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

are we still talking purse ,i like the over the neck shoulder deal where my hands are free and it got lots of pocket i have a coach and a db that i got at zappos on sale it fit me,it a lot of purse
thief everywhere so use small bags,

terry hope u get your glasses real soon i remember
going shopping once left my glasses at home could read a thing had dh read everything he got so mad
he went up front and got me a pair

donna i have very small vein and the last time i had to drawn blood that nurse left me with pain and bruise and she learn a lot of new words too
making cards today and nothing else woke up with one side of my back sore i woke up acouple of time
maybe i need new pillow i just got some last year from sam and they where not cheap any donna i gave your mini love last week i peep in your gallery,love it

anna
cheryl love the page 2 cute
katy
ashley
chantal

cbl

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to dollscrap

getting my hair cut this weekend
and a dye job 2 i keep it short
now the older i get the less hair i want will post a pic of me and dd

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Good morning and TGIF!

Oh come on, Denise! You know you want to do some more cleaning! Pretty please???? Just kidding, I’m sure you will be glad to get back to scrapping! Garden Ridge??? I love that store. Of course, we don’t have one here but there is one where my sister lives. And we usually visit it when we are there.

Donna, love the wedding mini album! I’m so into purple right now for whatever reason! And I
know your nephew and his bride will love it too! I believe our Walmart is doing away with their cricut cartridges and stuff too. The cricut lite cartridges were marked down to $20 from $39 last week. I got two of them and there are two more that I want. Ok, I know I asked this before and you kindly answered but I simply don’t remember and can’t find the link. Where do you get your chipboard for your minis? I may do one for a Christmas gift. I have good intentions to make one, so we will see!

Cheryl, I try to clean up after each project too. I can’t stand the clutter. Of course, if you could see my scrap space right now, you would think I was lying about the clutter.

Mel, how do you get all of those cute little jumpies and smilies in your posts? I had a color job last week two.

Terry, hope your glasses come today!

Still debating the purse. It is a bit heavy with nothing it it so I am gonna put my wallet and usual things in it this weekend and see how heavy it gets and then make my decision. I’ve never spend this much money on a purse before so I do have some serious reservations about keeping it. But I really want it too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend. I really hope to make it to my scrap space, even if I only get to touch the papers!!!

Edited by Anna C on 09-02-11 05:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to tealbrand

Morning...
I must look hilarious with my nose 4 inches from the 'puter screen!
Loved that card Cheryl!! Wow...I can definitely see why it took a long time to make but absolutely worth it!
I love the cross body purses too Mel. Very handy & light.
I'm working on a LO that involves weaving the the paper...that's fine but time comsuming. I want to craft with the little ones this weekend...they have a ball doing that.
Off to the races!! Everyone have a safe labor day weekend!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

donna do you have this

Spellbinders - Presto Punch Machine

i look awesome saw it on evilbay

Edited by tealbrand on 09-02-11 06:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Anna C

Mel, how do you get all of those cute little jumpies and smilies in your posts? I had a color job last week two.

anna it at the bottom of your post
smilies you need to turn them on for your post

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to tealbrand

Morning!

Broken glasses! Oh no! I'd just die, can't see a blasted thing without mine.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to rockmom

acu

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to c-leaper

Hi!! Caught up on love and read all the chat but got so far behind I don't know how to catch up.
Love you all!!!
If I broke my glasses I would not be able to see...unfocus your eyes and you will see how I see. Terry, I hope you get your glasses asap. We have very important things to look at.
Mel..looking forward to the pic of you and your dd.
Anna...I use my "heavy" Dooney Burke and am getting used to it.. It has removeable shoulder straps which I prefer and regular handles which I would like to NOT have but I find myself carrying it that way. Anyway after I put ALL my stuff in there it wasn't too heavy. I just don't use it when I am going to be lugging it around all day. I will pay $100+ for a good leather bag cuz I get my money's worth. I use them for years.
I just came back from my lss...went for inspiration and something to go with pics of me and Katy we took by the bay a couple weeks ago....think I'll work on that.
We have LOTS of spiders all over front and back..even my neighbors too..wtf is going on?? It's like Arachniphobia! I've taken to walking around waving my broom (no cracks ladies) in front of me so I don't walk into any more webs. They are the orb weavers,the ones that weave those lovely round webs and sit right in the middle of them...they grow up to over an inch and that is just their bodies..one little one made a web overnight right in the doorway on the slider and I nearly walked face first into that one. EW ew ew.
Maybe I'll take a pic and do a layout.

Leah C
Leah C 
Pro
Leah C
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ladies.. I joined in one month June or July and got lost in the humdrum of summer activities. I would love to join in again if there is still room?
I really enjoyed being apart of this group.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Leah C

Hiya Leah and welcome back.

Jeannie, Jeannie, Jeannie.....no cracks indeed. Hubby said if ya just fly ya wouldn't walk into those webs. I was gonna tell ya Halloween is just around the corner. The durn spiders are just ahead to time.

Mojo came back and I've been scrappin! Yay!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Leah - welcome back!! There is always room here for more.

Jeanie - I think taking pics and doing a layout would be cool!

Hi to everyone else. Exhausted from working today. Just going to relax tonight. Supposed to rain here tomorrow so I will probably scrap and organize my scrap room some more.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Morning girls! Lots to do today....I'm doing some stuff my parents and the dh is doing some things for his mother.

Hi Leah!

Jeanie, I had to laugh about the spiders and broom. I'm with Cheryl, bound to be a layout in there somewhere!

Have a good day ladies!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Morning Ladies!

Welcome back Leah-you're always welcome in here =)

I need to shop less and scrap more. Made this one last week:

Rain Rain Go Away By DittoBabyGirl

Anna-I got my chipboard online at Walmart.com. Its $11.28 for 25 12x12 sheets. It says its medium weight but it is THICK-can't cut it with my Cricut...I use my Sizzix (glad I kept my old original Sizzix)I also save the cardboard backs of steno pads...those work well too and they are free!

Jeannie-take a web pic! That would be such a cute Halloweenie lo!

Mel...I have not seen that. Hmmmm....you are SUCH an enabler! I'll have to check it out lol

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Jeannie---that's too funny & I do agree there's a lo there in the making! I'm seeing them here too and in reality I think it's because fall is trying to come on very early this year! Hate spiders!!!
Cheryl---that iv pump is really cool. They used it on me in the hosp here!
Leah--Welcome back...join in anytime...
I spent all day yesterday wearing Rx sunglasses around the house...weird...but I have the new ones now thankfully!
Donna--I meant to ask (remember I lost my brain somewhere in Aug) you talked about going to a Pirate's Cove. Is that the restaurant in ORlando where they do the whole act during dinner? DH & I went there and had a blast...can't say the food was great but who cares!

Hope everyone has a great & safe weekend!!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Jeannie-the lil envelope in the wedding album is to hold the check we will be sending. Unfortunately we won't be able to attend

Terry-Pirates Cove is our favorite mini golf course. We had went to one of those themed resturants a LONG time ago. It was called King Henry's Feast. Was prety cool-there were men in armor on horses lol

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Donna - I also keep cereal boxes and use that for chipboard and it is thin enough the Cricut will cut it without the deep blade.

Terry - glad you got your glasses!!

Contrary to the last report I heard about our weather, the sun is shining and going to be HOT again (98)!! I am decorating with all my fall stuff today, doing laundry and scrapping later on. I have to work Monday so no long weekend for me.

Leah C
Leah C 
Pro
Leah C
In response to cdjohnson

Yay, thanks so much for allowing me to join in ladies... I'm CU2H.

What a great idea keeping the cereal box cardboard.. I hadn't thought of that before.

Here's one from me.
What's the dill? By Leah C

We're celebrating my husbands birthday today, the actual day was Friday, but the kids weren't home pretty much all day.. so today is it. We just gave him his presents, and we're going to pick up his cake soon.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

welcome back leah

jeannie i hate spider! i got bite by one of those last week walk right into it

YAY denise have some scrappin fun

anna/cheryl/terry

donna love the page my son name is

christopher

leah awesome page and i still love pickles and the juice

donna i heard the spellbinder deal is loud and only do small cuts

BBL

Edited by tealbrand on 09-03-11 08:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

Slice Design Card - Great Outdoors 1 $17.99 10 days Remove
12x12 Apothecary Emporium Collection by Echo Park 1 $11.20 13 days Remove
Lush2 Orange Buttons and Trims by My Mind's Eye 2 $6.98 16 days Remove
Stickles Glitter Glue - Cotton Candy by Ranger Ink 1 $1.49 16 days Remove
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain by Tim Holtz 1 $3.99 19 days Remove
Lost & Found Union Square Trims by My Mind's Eye 1 $3.49 20 days Remove
5 Lush Trim Packs by My Mind's Eye 2 $11.98 22 days Remove
Slice Design Card - Nursery Rhymes 1 $17.99 23 days Remove
Slice Design Card - Remember This 1 $17.99 23 days Remove
Lost & Found Trims by My Mind's Eye 1 $2.99 24 days Remove
Paper Whimsies Seamstress Bouquet by Sassafras 1 $1.29 26 days Remove
Lush2 Turquoise Buttons and Trims by My Mind's Eye 2 $6.98 26 days Remove
12x12 Pink Flocked Daisy by My Mind's Eye 1 $0.30 28 days Remove
Clearly Mixed Up Acrylic Album Flower by BoBunny 1 $4.99 29 days Remove
Clearly Mixed Up Acrylic Album Flower by BoBunny 1 $4.99 29 days Remove
12x12 Haunted Paper Kit by My Mind's Eye 1 $5.99 29 days Remove
6x6 A Beautiful Life Paper Pad by My Mind's Eye 2 $9.60 30 days Remove
6x6 Vanity Fair Paper Pad by My Mind's Eye 1 $4.80 31 days Remove
Clearly Mixed Up Acrylic Album Serendipity BoBunny 1 $4.99 33 days Remove
12x12 Hip Hip Hooray Girl by My Mind's Eye 1 $3.99 35 days Remove
6x6 Ooh La La Paper Pad by My Mind's Eye 1 $3.25 35 days Remove
6x6 Fine and Dandy Girl Paper Pad by My Mind's Eye 1 $3.25 36 days Remove
6x6 Meadowlark Paper Pad by My MInd's Eye 1 $3.25 36 days Remove
12x12 Denim/Lizard Cardstock by Echo Park 5 $1.20 37 days Remove

half of my cart on cc

it show how many days i got before in goes back in stock and it only 1 shipping price for all or just half of this,the more the less for shipping

Edited by tealbrand on 09-03-11 08:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

cards i did that i am not 2 happy with and it not a do over it glue down,i think if i keep doing them i get better at it

more xmas cards By Tealbrand

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Good evening!! I am spending the evening in my scrap room and LOVING it. I have finished two layouts so far so I am dropping those off before I begin another.

Discover By Cdjohnson

you can count on me By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off 2 more I finished:

Boys will be boys By Cdjohnson

Grow By Cdjohnson

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

ACU2H...love all the work that was posted today...now off to bed!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

JCI

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Morning! ACU2H

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

G'morning!

ACU/JCI

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I gotta work tomorrow (my last holiday of the year)I'm hoping its very quiet-gonna take my wagon of photos to sort thru =)

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

JCI

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Hey all...Been hectic here with the kids & all and yesterday it decided to hit 92...the second time this year. Sure has been fun to have everyone here. JCI before all heck breaks loose. Take care...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Welcome back Leah.

Good Sunday morning one and all!

I gotta find the spider pic we took last year before we got infested, of one of the gigantic orb weavers...haven't seen one this big this summer ..there are too many of them for one to grow that big and if I did see one that big I would call the exterminator and get rid of ALL of them. It was 2 inches big.
Anyway I found some great pp for it..just gotta find the creepy pic. I was kidding about doing a layout but now if I can find that pic I will do it....for all y'all...lol

Donna that is such a cool gift...an album with a check inside.

Leah C
Leah C 
Pro
Leah C
In response to dollscrap

Thanks for the welcome back, sure is nice.

I wanna see that pic of the creepy spider, so I hope you find it soon.

Here's a canvas I made last night using some JB paper.. I loved this piece and had to use it in a different way.
Cherries Ripe Canvas *TallyScrapper* By Leah C

Leah C
Leah C 
Pro
Leah C
In response to Leah C

ps. ACU2H

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Leah C

me and dd patricia

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

JCI and MMS

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

JCI

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Nice photo Mel!

I actually finished 2 whole layouts today!
The palm trees annoy me but I can't peel them off without ripping the paper. Grrrrr

Summer at Grammas By DittoBabyGirl

I loveeeee this picture-the sky is sooo blue and the water was soooo green. Siesta Key is my favorite beach =)

Surfs Up By DittoBabyGirl

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

thank donna this is me!
left love

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

oh YEA!
i hate SPIDERS no pics needed!

Edited by tealbrand on 09-04-11 12:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Decided to take an hour nap so now maybe I am ready to scrap.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

cheryl the pic

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Mel - I didn't have a pic. I had just got up from my nap and was getting ready to scrap. LOL

I have now finished one:

Baby By Cdjohnson

Here is the second one finished:

Brayden By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here are some paper flowers I made tonight after watching a bunch of tutorials on You Tube.

Handmade paper flowers By Cdjohnson

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

nice flowers cheryl
i think about buying a ek punch that make flower!

you have been scrappin cheryl
i plan on doing some page tues,are you a stampin
up seller cheryl,notice you use a lots of their stuff

Edited by tealbrand on 09-05-11 05:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

Mel Nice photo of you and Patricia..I'd swear you were sisters.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

ACU....
Cheryl -- here's a link to swirly's tutorial list that has all kinds of different flowers:
http://www.swirlydoos.com/page.php?16

And I found some gorgeous ones at GabriellaP's blog
http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com/

And also at Starsailor's blog--Lisa:
http://what-a-beautiful-m ess.blogspot.com/

Son & kids go home today and I need to put the house back in order, do the dishes, vacuum, and then all my new sb.com goodies need filed and then maybe I can scrap....no wait...they turned my scrapping workspace into a dining room table so they could sit & eat. Silly boys!!! Don't understand...!

Have a great Labor Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Good morning and Happy Labor Day!

At work right now....working til 3:00. I brought a suitcase full of old photos to sort. Crossing my fingers it stays mellow!

I actually got 4 lo's done yesterday! That is a record for me. I started my son's GF's Sweet 16 album-made her 2 pages yesterday. Gawd-it is SO hard to scrap for someone else! When she was here last month I made her write a little something on the back of each photo so I could have some feeling for it. The problem I am having now is the paper she had given me is SOOO ugly!!! I asked her if she would mind if I used some of my papers too. Thank goodness she said she didn't care. I may just use her as accents. *gag* can't scrap with ugly paper! I am also putting journaling cards on some of the pages to let her write something in.

I just spent $15 on journaling stamps...when I tried them I didn't like em-couldn't get the lines even and straight. I just whipped one up in PSP. Should have done that first!

Edited by DittoBabyGirl on 09-05-11 08:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

acu2h

Lots of rain here.

Great photo of you and DD, Mel.

Edited by Anna C on 09-05-11 12:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Leah C
Leah C 
Pro
Leah C
In response to Abby0317

Beautiful pic Mel!!!

Terry, hope you get your scrappin table back soon.. figured boys would eat while watching the tele?! lol

It's been rainy and dreary here.. our Labor Day plans were canceled due to the rain, so I've been playing with sculpey clay and scrapped a layout while watching some old episodes of Chuck.

I've got tabs open ready to catch up, and DOO.
Baby Love **TallyScrapper** By Leah C

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Anna C

happy labor day!
we had cool weather today it in the 80, it been 100 something since june so it felt like fall it real windy so i took out my roaster oven and cook a roast with all the fixin
last night dh went to a new burger place here(in and out)never got one the line was 3 block long is that burger that great it been open 3 week,wow terry said he went inside and peoples was line up on the wall waiting,
terry happy you had time with dgs and ds it nothing like familys love my oldest dd pat she had a bad love deal and said she will date but she never ever leavin home again i am okay because she help pay bills and give me scrapbook money she not into it so i made pages for her of mel and her,
donna i hate ugly paper 2,if i had my rather all my paper be basic grey but i found my mind's and echo park and they have really beautiful paper 2!

jeanne thank she tell people that,but i know the true i keep my hair short it seem that my hair will not hold a perm anymore so i wear it short with a color touch up here i need one but sometime i like the gray,my mom say it make me look great
will bbl

ACU2H

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

oh yea some sweet lady post on one of my card
that i was 2 young looking to be married 19 yrs,she was looking dd terie avatar i pm her and told her that was my baby dd

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to tealbrand

A little here cooler today but still in the 90s. It was not too bad moving dd and son in law in today. Got most of the furnituremoved in here or into storage. Still have to move washer and dryer, dining table, a small chest of drawers and all the small things need to be boxed and put into storage. Bed, desk, bookcase, dresser, futon, small bedroom tv, clothes, bathroom items, and big screen tv moved in here. Decor is hung on the walland the bed is made. Did a lot in a few hours but now I am too pooped to participate in any Labor Day activities. Sending hubby to get fajitas from favorite Mexican restaurant for dindin then its to bed for me.

Oh, guess what I decided in a non-lucid moment. I am going to paint and redecorate hubby's office/room in a nautical theme. He was in the Navy and loves tall ships so that will be the theme. Dumb! Why do I do this to myself?

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

because you are soooo sweet and awesome

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Oh Denise--I am so with you on those "non-lucid" moments! I do it all the time! And end up just getting it done as best as my attitude later will allow.
We're having 90 degrees plus today again. I know TX needs the relief but I sure would like the moisture back!
Leftovers for us tonight. Long weekend and I want to not cook for a change. I'd go out for dinner but after taking 4 kids & 3 adults to Mac D' for lunch, $65 for the trout fishing farm, about another $100 in misc groceries, plus gas my budget is shot!
BB tomorrow...laundry is calling...

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Abby0317

I've been working on a little 8x8 book of my dh's and my dd's backpacking trip they took last month.

Heading Out By Scrapkaty

Like Father, Like Daughter By Scrapkaty

Nature Walk By Scrapkaty

here's the first couple of pages....just simple ones.
Now I've got to go play catch up here!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

Good evening ladies!! I had to work today and just now home and getting to check in.

Donna - here is the link for the green flower I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM8h3V952cQ

Terry - thanks for the links, I will definitely check them out.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I love your flowers! I'm going to go make me some!....or try.

Mel, that is a beautiful photo of your dd and you! You should scrap it!

Terry, I checked out the links for the flower tutorials...and got stuck on Swirlydoos...if I already didn't subscribe to another monthly kit club I'd sign up immediately with Swirlydoos...

Welcome, Leah! Love your work!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

Scrapalittle has lots of flower tuts. Its a nice blog.

Kinda scary 'round here this evening. One of the Montgomery Co, TX fires is in the neighborhood NE of us and the wind is from the NE. We live about two blocks from the south end of that neighborhood and the fire is in the area where I was office manager at. Prayin' it stays away from us. I can smell the smoke and see it in the air and its driving my sinuses crazy. If you are the prayin' kind, I'd appreciate your prayers for all the families in TX. WE NEED RAIN SOON.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

I'll bbl for cu but I just wanted to let everyone know that a wonderful woman on this site, Karen aka Fablady, emailed and she lost her grandson Lennon Sun after his horrendous fight with cancer.
Very sad so if anyone wants to send some love to her I'm sure they all could use some big hugs....

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

ss terry will say prayer for her and familys!

denise it really bad,the heat burn my grass and we waiting to see if my pear tree get more leaves for fall!my oak is strong!keeping you and your familys in my daily prayer

katy thank i waiting on some new pp from my mind'eyes

Edited by tealbrand on 09-06-11 06:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

ACU2H

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Good morning!

I hope you are safe, Denise. We got 3.5 inches of rain yesterday and if I could send some of it to you, I would! I have been following the fires here on our news. It is just terrible out there!

Terry, I was very saddened to learn of Lennon's death over at PIT. He was such a brave little boy and he endured so much. Cancer is bad enough but when it hits the little ones, it is so much worse!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Anna,,,I know...kids should not suffer that kind of devastating disease. Bad enough they have to watch for pedophiles, poisoners, kidnappers, etc. but that's another rant. I hope she's going to be able to get thru this.

Denise~~ stay safe! In 2009 we were in the area about 30 mi E of Austin (Giddings) and it was beautiful countryside. Is that area in jepardy?
The high plains area near Bend OR is ablaze right now too as is another area near Mt Hood. We will be getting a lot of smoke from those when the winds shift tomorrow.

Katy~~gorgeous photos and great design on the book! Did you go? Who took the photos?
I know about Swirly...that's how I got hooked with their kits too. Lisa & a few others are very talented and share all their tips & techniques. Did you see the one for making a postage stamp full size "die cut"? How simple yet I don't think I would have figured that out.

Everyone have a good day....!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Terry, Giddings is about 15 to 20 miles east north east of Bastrop, the BIG fire. There is a fire that is to the NE of GIddings could cause it damage if they don't get it contained. There are fires to its south and southeast and to its west as well. Dangerous, dangerous time now it TX.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

yes it is denise looking at the new

card joy By Tealbrand

ho ho ho By Tealbrand

peace By Tealbrand

Edited by tealbrand on 09-06-11 11:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics