Username Post: SWAP ENDED...PLEASE DELETE        (Topic#1563873)
scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to thinkpink22

Hi Imelda. Way to score on the deals at Michael's!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

Rachel, way to score on Ebay! Love those punches!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Deb, if you are going to bury yourself in paperwork make it Basic Grey, Little Yellow Bicycle, Cosmo Cricket, Webster's Pages, American Crafts, Seven Gypsies, Octoer Afternoon or Graphic 45!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hello to Tina, Victoria, Trisha and Mel!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Looks like it's just me talking to myself so I'll bid you all a good night.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrapbrarian Said:
Deb, if you are going to bury yourself in paperwork make it Basic Grey, Little Yellow Bicycle, Cosmo Cricket, Webster's Pages, American Crafts, Seven Gypsies, Octoer Afternoon or Graphic 45!

Oh yes!! Now that's my kind of paperwork. I finally finished going over all my bookwork and doing my invoices. No more paperwork for while.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

I'm heading to bed too Rebecca. Good night.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-11-11 08:12 PM

What is everyone going to bed for?!?
Oh, just three hours difference! LOL!
I am working on a canvas right now for the Apothecary throw down at Scrappy Chic Cafe. Hope I get it done.
Wish me luck gals!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • Ariwass Said:
Happy Tuesday Sisters!

It's now been 2 days in a row since I haven't been at work because of a bad cold! Guess I'm going to try to stay in bed and drink alot of liquids. I have to get better soon because I have a 2 day crop this weekend.

Oh and the good news is I just signed up to be a Stampin Up consultant (again I did it 8 years ago) I decided since I have a scrapbooking and card making group here in CA people might want stuff here and there. If anyone is interested I'm offering FREE shipping for this month but you need to place the order directly through me and I'll send it to you. If anyone is interested just PM me.

I sure hope you feel better soon!!!!! Sending you get well wishes, via interent!!

I know that you are sick... but looking at your smiling face.. makes it hard to imagine that you are sick... but we all know that you are!!! Get better sweetie!!!

Thank you for the get well wishes Nikilynn!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to Ariannas big sis

• Ariannas big sis Said:
Hi there little sister!

I saw you weren't feeling well so I'm making you some chicken soup and saying a few prayers for you to feel all better!

Thank you Big Sister! I actually had some chicken noodle soup today. Do you think that eating chicken noodle soup is a myth to making you feel better? Hope you had a better day than I had. Still I have the fever and the chills etc etc

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
  • Ariwass Said:
Happy Tuesday Sisters!

It's now been 2 days in a row since I haven't been at work because of a bad cold! Guess I'm going to try to stay in bed and drink alot of liquids. I have to get better soon because I have a 2 day crop this weekend.

Oh and the good news is I just signed up to be a Stampin Up consultant (again I did it 8 years ago) I decided since I have a scrapbooking and card making group here in CA people might want stuff here and there. If anyone is interested I'm offering FREE shipping for this month but you need to place the order directly through me and I'll send it to you. If anyone is interested just PM me.

I sure hope you feel better soon!!!!! Sending you get well wishes, via interent!!

I know that you are sick... but looking at your smiling face.. makes it hard to imagine that you are sick... but we all know that you are!!! Get better sweetie!!!

I'm so sorry you are sick! This season is so hard for colds/flu. and such...

Stamping up is so much fun...I love their stuff! I did that Creative Memories consultant when I first started so many years ago...I did it JUST for my own self and I was a very good customer to me!

Hi Kimberly!
Yes, I'm basically doing it for myself too. We'll see how long I last. I won't have to start my quota for another 6 months so well see how it goes. The stamps are so cute but you can only buy so much right? I just went through a bunch of boxes from Stampin Up that I haven't even used from before!!! But darn there are a lot of new stamps I want in the new catalog. Decisions decisions...

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
  • Ariwass Said:
Happy Tuesday Sisters!

I was thinking the same thing Niki. I look at her avi and think now how can she be sick with that beautiful happy smiling face? LOL!!

I hope you feel better!!

Thanks Debbie! If you only saw how I look now I would scare all of you!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Yay - I won my bid! I won my bid! I bid for eight (EIGHT) brand new MS punch around the page sets, and got the lot for $122! I have to pay $41 international shipping, but it is soooo much cheaper than buying them here! I actually have one of the sets already but I will give that one to my niece when she comes for a scrappy weekend in 10 days time!

Whooohooo Rachel! I'm glad you won the bid. Can't wait to see how you use your new punches on your projects. Which 8 punches did you get?

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

• scrapbrarian Said:
Arianna, sorry you are sick. You positively must get well so that you can make it to your weekend crop!

Hi Rebecca!

I really hope I can go too. I thought by now being the 3rd day I would have gotten better but I just can't seem to shake this one. I thought I was going to rest most of the day but I ended up working on the computer and on the phone for work!!! Trust me it wasn't my choice either. Hopefully, tomorrow it will be better.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• thinkpink22 Said:
And it is SO hard to hear about my father dating someone else. He was with my mom for my whole life. They got married and didn't have me till 4 years later. I don't know how I will handle even seeing him with anyone else. I probably sound crazy now...but I still think of him as married to my mom!

Kimberly my parent were married just shy a their 25th anniversary. Daddy married a year later to a lady that he and Mama used know. Anyway it was just Daddy and me at home, I was 15 by then, and he told me that he had lived with Mama longer than he had lived with anyone and loved her so much, but after being with someone so long it was very lonely when they are gone. Daddy and Esther were married 35 years. When he died he was buried beside Mama and she was buried beside her 1st husband too. I found that comforting to know they were buried beside each other. I will have to say that Daddy was happy with Esther. Be happy for him and know he won't be lonely again.

PS - just run a background check on her.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

Arianna, just make sure you rest and don't over do it. That seems to be the prob with everyone here, they go back to work too soon and then then get it again, much worst.

This afternoon I started feeling back to normal again, I was burning up and then freezing. Bug had a soccer game tonight and it had been raining all day and still misting, I stayed home where it was dry and warm.

My youngest daughter, well I guess she is my middle child now, came to visit me tonight.

Bug got her Driver's License today - look out world.

Imeldas Photo Center
Tenant
Imeldas Photo Center

Just checking in to wish all my sisters a fantastic hump day. Especially to my little sister kimberly! Hope everyone is well! Arianna, feel bettet soon!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Good morning ladies, my eye appointment went well. I have another check up in 3 weeks and Lasic scheduled for Nov. 10. I am very excited!

Thanks Big Sis for asking:)

Imelda kids with food allergies are no fun, but there is so much more info and support out there these days. My 22 year old have problems when he was younger, but has outgrown most of them.

Pink I think Rachel and Suzi said it perfectly about your dad.

Arianna and Suzi, I hope today is the day you are back on the mend. Chicken soup may be a myth, but it usually makes me feel better:)

Arianna I just found out about CTMH a few weeks ago and spent a bundle. Love there products tho.

Rachel Congrats on the win. That's an awesome deal. I don't usually find great deals like that, but I'm getting the itch to try again.

Happy Hump Day to you all

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Spoiling Michelle

• Spoiling Michelle Said:
Michelle.saw this pretty fall picture and thought immediately that I wanted to share it with YOU. Hope all your Autumn days are filled with beauty!

This is beautiful!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Arianna and Suzi

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Good Morning ladies.

It seems I was campaigning for votes too early on my Apothecary Emporium creations. We have to wait until the 15th.

All of us girls on the DT over at Scrappy Chic Cafe will have to upload our Echo Park Apothecary that day and have everyone vote for us then. You can 'like' as many as you want. You can lift or copy our designs too and put them in the gallery.

The girls have been working on some amazing creations so I hope you'll come by and 'like' their projects.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Hi all!

Rachel great score on the evil bay bid! Which sets did you get?

Tinadn I've been thinking about lasik but I only wear my glasses for driving so maybe I'll wait. I would love to hear about your results though.

Pink my mom was divorced back when I was 13 and I always wanted her to get remarried. I still do! I really want her to have a wonderful person in her life. My mom is very busy with work, church etc... but it must be a tad lonely. As long as your father is happy but it must still be a bit odd for you to see.

Arianna get better soon. I just saw the new Stampin Up catalog and it is so nice!

Imelda do you ever get to shop in the US? My sister is in Canada and I am always picking up stuff for her (scrappy and food related) and I bring it up every few months. I can't shop in Canada now because the prices are so much cheaper down here. That said the Greek food is WAY better up there

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Debs you mentioned Echo Park and my heart just swooned! Love that stuff!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to parisdame

Tres I will for sure let you know about the Lasik.
They said it is painful for about 4 hours after, then the next day after a check-up you can go back to work.

megans_bigsis
Tenant
megans_bigsis
In response to tinadn

Good morning beautiful sister Megan! I hope you can check while in LA and see this.

I ordered your October goodies last night so you should have them in a few days. Hopefully they'll be waiting for you when you get home! I had a lot of fun shopping. I hope you LOVE everything!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to megans_bigsis

Hello everyone!

Rachel~that was a good deal you got on ebay! I know there are sellers on there that let you shop in their stores till you get one big total and then they ship for free even for out of the country. I always buy from the ones who do that...cause wouldn't you rather spend 40.00 on products than on shipping??? If you want to know more about which stores or anything, send me a pm...ebay and I are in a love/hate relationship...but when it's loving, I'll be glad to share with you!

Spoiling Rachel
Tenant
Spoiling Rachel

Good Morning, Rachel!!

I am trying to load up a cute picture for you, but can't figure it out. Must need a little more coffee for the brain to start working...

JaniesBigSis
Tenant
JaniesBigSis
In response to Spoiling Rachel

JCI with a happy howdy hump day to my little sis! Now what is going on on campus this week - anything interesting? Are your colleagues happy and smiley today or downright ornery?

IMABear2
Tenant
IMABear2
In response to youvegotmel

• youvegotmel Said:
hi everyone!
It feels like Ive been MIA forever even though it's just been a few days...Im still out of state training for my now/old (lol) position with sporatic access to the web. Have you missed me!

HI BIG SISTER!!!!

Hi, sweet Mel! Glad to see you here.
Of course we have missed you.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Arianna, just make sure you rest and don't over do it. That seems to be the prob with everyone here, they go back to work too soon and then then get it again, much worst.

This afternoon I started feeling back to normal again, I was burning up and then freezing. Bug had a soccer game tonight and it had been raining all day and still misting, I stayed home where it was dry and warm.

My youngest daughter, well I guess she is my middle child now, came to visit me tonight.

Hope you feel better soon!
Congrats to Bug! This reminds me of a lo I did. Its of my dd behind the wheel in our old car-it looks like she's driving. I titled it "Off the Sidewalks"
I'll link it tonight!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-12-11 08:37 AM
In response to littleMRSimelda

Great title for a LO!
I got a great package from my sis.

I got those posted below AND
Some cute American Craft ribbon,
Jolees Autumn bling
7 Gypsies rub ons
and autumn leaf stamps from Stampology!

It was all wrapped in pretty autumn colors and tied with a bow AND I got a personal card with a recipe.
Boy do I feel loved! :0)

Edited by vawm on 10-12-11 08:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Good morning ladies, my eye appointment went well. I have another check up in 3 weeks and Lasic scheduled for Nov. 10. I am very excited!

Imelda kids with food allergies are no fun, but there is so much more info and support out there these days. My 22 year old have problems when he was younger, but has outgrown most of them.

Arianna and Suzi, I hope today is the day you are back on the mend. Chicken soup may be a myth, but it usually makes me feel better:)

Arianna I just found out about CTMH a few weeks ago and spent a bundle. Love there products tho.

Rachel Congrats on the win. That's an awesome deal. I don't usually find great deals like that, but I'm getting the itch to try again.

It really is no fun! Especially with nuts since they are everywhere! I am thankful that people are more aware these days. Also, nuts aren't allowed in school so I won't have to worry about that.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Yay victoria!!
What was the recipe for? And when will you have us over to try it?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Hi all!

Rachel great score on the evil bay bid! Which sets did you get?

Tinadn I've been thinking about lasik but I only wear my glasses for driving so maybe I'll wait. I would love to hear about your results though.

Pink my mom was divorced back when I was 13 and I always wanted her to get remarried. I still do! I really want her to have a wonderful person in her life. My mom is very busy with work, church etc... but it must be a tad lonely. As long as your father is happy but it must still be a bit odd for you to see.

Arianna get better soon. I just saw the new Stampin Up catalog and it is so nice!

Imelda do you ever get to shop in the US? My sister is in Canada and I am always picking up stuff for her (scrappy and food related) and I bring it up every few months. I can't shop in Canada now because the prices are so much cheaper down here. That said the Greek food is WAY better up there

I don't normally get to shop in the states. I still need a Visa to travel there (not canadian yet-still mexican) so I don't go often. I live near toronto so its not too too far to travel there. Also I travel with my dh and hed rather shop for clothes (not that I am complaining) but he won't want to shop for scrappy stuff. I only shop online from the states but so far only from ebay and sb.com

spoilinisthegame
Resident
spoilinisthegame

I'm so glad that you liked this month's tease package. The rest of October's will arrive soon.

I thought since things are hectic at work, you may like to try enjoy this recipe:

ChocoMint Martini

1 packet low calorie cocoa mix
1 packet no calorie sweetener
2 T. Cool Whip free
1 T. light chocolate syrup
3 oz. Vodka
2 drops Peppermint extract
Garnish-chocolate graham crackers

In tall glass combine cocoa mix and sweetener with 1/4 cup hot water, stir to dissolve. Add cool whip and choc. syrup, stir until smooth.

Add vodka, extract and 1/4 cup cold water to the glass. Transfer to shaker filled with ice.

Shake, then strain into 2 glasses. Serve with crackers.

Sip and enjoy while scrapbooking!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:11 AM
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Yay - I won my bid! I won my bid! I bid for eight (EIGHT) brand new MS punch around the page sets, and got the lot for $122! I have to pay $41 international shipping, but it is soooo much cheaper than buying them here! I actually have one of the sets already but I will give that one to my niece when she comes for a scrappy weekend in 10 days time!

Yay for Rachie!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:12 AM
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:
That does sound neat! I have used the perfect pearls before as well. Mainly just played around with them after watching a tim holtz demo

Did someone say (PERFECT PEARLS)? I love to use them!!!!

Here are two projects they were used on:

[image] Perfect pearls... By TrishaLouise[/image]

This was done using TS alphabet stamps, perfect pearls, canvas fabric, and some embroidery floss.

[image] Altered Apron By TrishaLouise[/image]

And you girls remember the apron I did. Used perfect pearls again

WOW... those are amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:14 AM
In response to youvegotmel

• youvegotmel Said:
hi everyone!
It feels like Ive been MIA forever even though it's just been a few days...Im still out of state training for my now/old (lol) position with sporatic access to the web. Have you missed me!

HI BIG SISTER!!!!

Oooooo so lovely to see you Melody!!!! We've been missing you!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:15 AM

• scrapbrarian Said:
Hello to the lovely Miss Nikilynn, love seeing your smiling face here.

Awwww Rebecca you are such a Doll!!!!! Here is a hug from to you!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:22 AM
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Great title for a LO!
I got a great package from my sis.

I got those posted below AND
Some cute American Craft ribbon,
Jolees Autumn bling
7 Gypsies rub ons
and autumn leaf stamps from Stampology!

It was all wrapped in pretty autumn colors and tied with a bow AND I got a personal card with a recipe.
Boy do I feel loved! :0)

Great stuff you got there Victoria!!!! I'd love to see a picture of it all!!

You are the first one to get a lovely package from you Secret Sister!!!! Yay You!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:28 AM
In response to 888

Well it looks like we only have two little sisters that are waiting to hear from their Secret Sisters this week.

Let's keep on spoiling those little sisters!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:31 AM
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:

November 10th will be here before you know it... I'll keep you in my prayers!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:44 AM
In response to 888

How is everyone doing? I'm here!!!!

So what kind of books do y'all read? (if you read?)

I'm a crazy one.. I only read Serial Killer books and True Crime books. I don't know why.... I just like them.

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:45 AM

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Yay victoria!!
What was the recipe for? And when will you have us over to try it?

Yes.... Yes.... what was the recipe????

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:47 AM
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
I am working on a canvas right now for the Apothecary throw down at Scrappy Chic Cafe. Hope I get it done.
Wish me luck gals!

Did you get it done?

I can't wiat to see it.... I really do think that you do some AMAZING work!!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to 888

Congrats tina!!!!!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:52 AM

Imelda... I'm loving your new avi!!! You are just SO gorgeous!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
How is everyone doing? I'm here!!!!

So what kind of books do y'all read? (if you read?)

I'm a crazy one.. I only read Serial Killer books and True Crime books. I don't know why.... I just like them.

Hi nikilynn,
I'm the same!!! Right now tho I'm reading a vamireish book. I really got into twilight (books not the movies)

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:52 AM
In response to 888

Your wedding dress looks so good on you... you should be able to wear it EVERYDAY!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Thanks niki!!!! You are so sweet!!!!!!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

I look at it in my closet and want to run around in it!! Hahaha we want to do the wedding over cuz it was so fun!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:57 AM
In response to 888

Imelda... you like those book too? That is cool!

Well, it is time for this one to get back to work!!!!

Talk to y'all later!!!

Love you all!!! MMMUUUUUUUUUAAAAHH!!!!!!! !!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to 888

Chat later!!! Have a great rest of the day!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:

Evilbay have us all sussed out, dont they? They tell you you 'win' but actually you lose - you have to pay out!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Spoiling Rachel

• Spoiling Rachel Said:

Good Morning, Rachel!!

I am trying to load up a cute picture for you, but can't figure it out. Must need a little more coffee for the brain to start working...

Hi there sweet sis! its evening here, and dark outside, but its been a beautiful warm October day and I was in short sleeves all day!

Went shopping with my bestie (got a parking ticket - nightmare!!), but treated her to lunch and had a lovely time!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• littleMRSimelda Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

Congrats to Bug! This reminds me of a lo I did. Its of my dd behind the wheel in our old car-it looks like she's driving. I titled it "Off the Sidewalks"
I'll link it tonight!

LOVE your new avi Imelda! Can you give me the link to your wedding photo site again please? I want to show it to Neil - now hes done one wedding he is getting ideas for others! Hes thinking about it as his retirement plan!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

OK - I'm going to try and load the punches I won yesterday.... now....how do I do it!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Nope - someone will have to tell me!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to RachelUK

Rachel- thanks! Here's the link:
www.studiosolaris.com/blog

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Wish me luck gals!

is apothecary a brand line or something?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to JaniesBigSis

• TinasBigSis Said:
JCI with a happy howdy hump day to my little sis! Now what is going on on campus this week - anything interesting? Are your colleagues happy and smiley today or downright ornery?

I'm usually the ornery one! lol though staff meeting was a little strange at the end today - my boss was reminding us not to get too dis/stressed during this busy time, reminding us we are all busy but can't let it get to us, and how we need to try to brainstorm solutions rather than dwelling on the negativity. and how if people couldn't do that, maybe they should rethink their line of work. It was a little odd, I can only imagine something specific happened, that's usually when she does that kind of talk. maybe my coworker who went part-time who's always complaining about how much she has to do ticked her off (again).

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

Ariana, hope you feel better soon.

Mel - I've been out of the loop - did you take a new job?

As for parents moving on - I just wish my darn parents would get divorced already! they've been married for almost 37 years but they were only together for 12! they've both gone on to have other relationships but haven't bothered getting divorced.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I may yet be able to work it out...

Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Large Craft Punch Set - Double Arches

Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Large Craft Punch Set - Wild Flowers

Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Loops

Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Deco Fan
(I have this one already but will give it to my niece for Christmas!)

Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Eyelet Lace
(I am convinced my mum has 'half-inched' half of this set - I only have the corner! Half-inched is Cockney rhyming slang for 'pinched'! If I find it, then this too will go to my niece - I still figure this lot is a bargain)

Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Vintage Floral

One I can't see very well cos the flash reflects off the plastic covering, and I can't see the other one on this site, but I will let you know when they all arrive!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I have been watching some auctions over on ebay. It is addicting but what has helped me is that I share an ebay account with Dan now instead of having my own. Makes me a little more accountable when I have to explain the 100+ items I'm purchasing than if they just magically arrive here.

SS-2-TinaN
Tenant
SS-2-TinaN
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:

I'm a so excited for my little sister. I know you must be doing the happy dance huh?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

That wild flowers one is BEAUTIFUL Rachel! That is one I don't have yet...let me know how you like it!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I agree with all of you about my Dad. It is a little different for me because my father was pretty abusive towards me and although my mom knew and allowed it (nothing sexual...thank God!), she was the one who tried to make up for it by buying me everything I wanted. She was the only parent I really trusted and she was the only one who tried to make things good for me. So, wishing him happiness is not something I would just normally do...it takes effort. My dad has really started trying to be better to me since my mom died but he's still a very bitter person and can be verbally abusive when things don't go exactly as he wanted. Only child syndrome...

but if he would have passed away and she were still living, I think it would be weird but that I would encourage her to move on.

I think all of you are right about men though...they always seem to remarry. Women aren't as much. I think about it with my own marriage and I don't think I would ever be able to love someone the way I love Dan. But, maybe you aren't supposed to love someone the same...maybe it's just different.

Well, now that I've rattled on, let me say that I do wish my father happiness...hopefully he will not be as lonely as he has been.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-12-11 12:04 PM
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • vawm Said:
Wish me luck gals!

Did you get it done?

I can't wiat to see it.... I really do think that you do some AMAZING work!!!!

Nope, still layering! I am going to get it done though.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to vawm

Hello to my big sisters...both of you!!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

And hello to the little ones too...I hope I haven't already given myself away!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-12-11 12:09 PM

• Tina scraps Said:
  • vawm Said:
Wish me luck gals!

is apothecary a brand line or something?

Yes, it is a line from Echo Park.
Products Referenced in This Post:

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Parents - what can you do with them!

After I'd got my mom in the bath at the weekend, I actually cut her toenails. I think I mentioned it. She just told me on the phone that a chiropodist called at the house today (now why didnt they suggest that when I made her the appointment at the clinic that she didnt keep!). The lady said 'oh you've had these done recently, and very well, too - who was your chiropodist?'!!! What a laugh - I wouldnt choose to work on yacky feet for all the tea in China!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

Nikilynn I love to read. I am still reading the Hunger Games Trilogy, but I read Nora Roberts, Mary Higgins Clark, Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Picoult,
Janet Evanovich...the list could keep going:)
I recently read Valerie Bertinelli's 2 autobiographies.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

To my big sister, yes I am doing the happy dance and a little sucking up to DH since I am unemployed and he hasn't complained a bit about the cost.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

OMG! Tina, Please tell me how you like The Hunger games? These are on my TBR list and I am dying to get to them. Are they as engrossing as I have heard?

Rachel: LMAO! Yacky feet! Love it

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:
OMG! Tina, Please tell me how you like The Hunger games? These are on my TBR list and I am dying to get to them. Are they as engrossing as I have heard?

Rachel: LMAO! Yacky feet! Love it

Book one started slow, but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down.
I'm in the last third of book 2. It's good, but I've been scrapping more than reading lately. I hope to finish it tho by the weekend and start 3.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Your wedding avatar is totally gorgeous Imelda! I looked through all your pictures and everything looked so amazing!

Kimberly#1_Bigsis
New Kid On the Block
Kimberly#1_Bigsis

Just wanted to say "Happy Hump Day" to my Little Sister!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Kimberly#1_Bigsis

• Kimberly#1_Bigsis Said:
Just wanted to say "Happy Hump Day" to my Little Sister!

Thank you sister!!! It is a great day today...what time is it where you live???

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

I'll link it tonight!

LOVE your new avi Imelda! Can you give me the link to your wedding photo site again please? I want to show it to Neil - now hes done one wedding he is getting ideas for others! Hes thinking about it as his retirement plan!

do you mean now that he's gotten married once, he's going to keep marrying women as his retirement plan? lmao that can't be right

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

OK, tonight I am pleased to tell you that I finished a card and a lo. The lo was for Suzi's challenge - boy I nearly drove myself demented looking for a pad of different pastel coloured vellum paper that I bought donkeys years ago. I had a good tidy up and finally found it when I had almost given up - but now the lo is finished. Pitch black here now but if its light enough in the morning before I go to work I will take a pic.

At the church promises auction last weekend, I promised a pack of 10 cards and a girl of about 15 bought them. I asked her if there were any she wanted to swap out, and she said she didnt know anyone having babies (there was a girl and a boy one in there) so I said I would create something specially that she could use, so this evening I did the first one - a 'never give up' card. With kids her age taking exams and having first sweethearts etc, I thought it would go down quite well.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I am going to get into work bright and early tomorrow and check out whats happening in the ED. The last week has gone crazy - not just at our hospital but at lots of others around the country. Not enough beds in the hospitals to house all the sick people, and we are throwing patients out (not quite literally you understand) when ideally they would have stayed another day. I want to make sure the ED is calm, or as calm as possible, that there are enough doctors down there, and that the wards have enough empty beds to admit the new arrivals into!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

I'll link it tonight!

do you mean now that he's gotten married once, he's going to keep marrying women as his retirement plan? lmao that can't be right

Hahahaha I would never have thought of it that way. I'm not that quick!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Trisha I just finished book 2 and started book 3.
I saw the movie trailer and the movie premiers in March.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Rachel that is very sweet of you the change the cards out so she can use them:)

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-12-11 05:53 PM
In response to tinadn

Isn't that Rachel a keeper?!?
Rachel, do they call you ma'am at the hospital? You are one powerful lady. I was reading about Sharoes Green in Lancashire. I believe my great grandfather died there. I think he must have been in the house for the poor. It made me sad to think that all his family came to the US and left him there. He must have been a sad old person. Although, maybe not, I think he may have been a bit "difficult". KWIM?

mysisternancyrocks
New Kid On the Block
mysisternancyrocks

Hi nancy!!!!! I hope you are enjoying the new season!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to mysisternancyrocks

JCI quick before heading up to bed. Worked a 12 hour day today and doing the same again tomorrow. Fortunately I love my job! Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Rachel I just went back to the old thread by mistake and I saw your post to me. I am hoping to have completed 160 layouts for the year...only 56 more to go...lol. I think I will easily have 50 cards done especially if Rosita keeps hosting new 20/20 challenges.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

• scrapbrarian Said:
Arianna and Suzi

Rebecca!!

Thank you so much for the flowers! That was so sweet of you to do. You really made my day. I was able to sleep in after the kids went to school and I only worked on the computer for a couple of hours.

JMorales
Guru
JMorales
In response to Ariwass

I came to catch up but you all have been way to chatty and there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to read! Hope everyone is doing well!

DH interview went well yesterday and he has another interview with them on Friday so....here's hoping!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to JMorales

Debs I totally forgot to send your RAK from winning the September challenge...I promise to get it out by Saturday. I swear I am forgetting so much lately.

Good all everyone! What is everyone up to? I'm off to teach an art lesson today and then get ready for my dd's 4th birthday on Saturday.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-13-11 07:30 AM
In response to parisdame

Good morning ladies!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to vawm

Good morning Victoria, Tres and Jessica. It's been quiet around here.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-13-11 07:36 AM
In response to tinadn

Hey Tina, everyone must be asleep.........

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to vawm

probably working:)

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-13-11 07:38 AM
In response to tinadn

Nah, they wouldn't be doing that would they?!?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to vawm

Probably to support their scrappin habit

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to tinadn

Not I

I'm out spending not making

How are you ladies?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

So here's a challenge I've taken over for Donna (Orvis). Go Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness

Help me get it going!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15654...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics