Username Post: SWAP ENDED...PLEASE DELETE        (Topic#1563873)
Mayor
  • 888 on 10-19-11 10:37 AM
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
Oh my what a day. I didn't sleep at all last night. Not for 5 minutes. I kept looking at the clock, looking at the clock. Finally at 4:30 I got up and got ready for work. After coffee I felt fine. Bonus was I got home early. LOL!!

Once I got home I took a shower and passed out on the couch. I hope I sleep good tonight. I'm off tomorrow and I NEED to go get some groceries in this house. I'm getting to where I hate to grocery shop. I'm not sure why. Lazy, tired, cheap? LOL!

Niki, I hate root canals. I've had 2 of them. Thanks for reminding me that it's time for a check up and cleaning. I have to stay religious with my cleanings since I had that gum surgery.

Awwwww... Thank you Deb... They are going to have to put me under for this one. Doesn't sound like fun to me at all!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-19-11 10:39 AM
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:
Wow! That was some Halloween costume that girl was sporting. You know the guys probably went nuts over it. Lol

Oh yea... and if they have girlsfriends... I'm sure that might have caused a few fights!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-19-11 10:40 AM
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Hi all,

I spent a few hours with Victoria last night and she is just a darling! We went a did a wee bit of scrappy shopping and then off to dinner at a small Greek place. She's very well spoken, sweet, just as pretty in real life, interesting and so much fun! Oh and she makes her own jewelry...very talented! I know all of you would just love her:) I had a wonderful time and now that I know she doesn't live too far away, I see a trip to her neck of the woods soon.

Oh that sounds lovely Tres!!!!! So glad you two had a good time!!!

JaniesBigSis
Tenant
JaniesBigSis
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
OMG I loved the funny quotes...especially captain obvious and lt. sarcastic lol

I thought maybe you'd written that one yourself! You have always been the witty one on here!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-19-11 10:41 AM
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Good morning ladies! I am at my meeting. I met Tres last night. We had some fabulous Greek food! I am so glad that I met Tres. She falls into my category of "FABULOUS FUN PERSON"!

You know, there is NO doubt in my mind that Tres would fall into that category!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-19-11 10:42 AM
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
Well, big sister! I got the box today from you filled with some amazing products!!!! I can't believe you bought me cookies AND this wonderful box of scrapping goodies as well.

Here is what I got:
Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Large Craft Punch Set - Wild Flowers

Martha Stewart Crafts - Classic Halloween Collection - Buttons

AND three packages of Recollections floral embellishments in blue, green and PINK!!!

PLUS, my wonderful big sister sent me 2 bottles of bath and body works lotion and one bottle of shower gel as well~LOVED it all so much! SEriously, you gave me every single favorite thing that I love!

I can't thank you enough but I want you to know that you are appreciated so very much!!!! You are spoiling me so much!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

GREAT stuff Pink!!!! Loven' that punch set!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-19-11 10:43 AM

• thinkpink22 Said:
I was up all night last night with my daughter Mackenzie. She was having a lot of pain and had some blood in her urine. Not a lot though, but I think that probably she might have a small kidney stone and it's ripping through. Anyway, she slept well but I stayed awake watching her incase she needed any help. She goes to the doctor today. I'm soooo tired. I can't do the over 24 hours of being awake (well, I CAN do it, but after the first 24, I'm not sure what I'm doing could be labeled as actually "doing" anything. I'm in a fog right now.

On the plus side, when she was sleeping well, I was able to do laundry, organized and clean around the house, and just did things that there is never enough time to complete. I still was up and down to her every 1/2 hour. I wanted her to go to the emergency room, but she begged me not to take her and I called her doctor who said she was fine with having her wait until today to be seen. I'll let you all know...please say a prayer for her! Thanks girls!

Oh My Goodness... I'll keep her in my prayers!!! Poor her!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-19-11 10:44 AM
In response to 888

How is everyone? Happy Wednesday to ALL!!!!

JaniesBigSis
Tenant
JaniesBigSis

• thinkpink22 Said:
Well, big sister! I got the box today from you filled with some amazing products!!!! I can't believe you bought me cookies AND this wonderful box of scrapping goodies as well.

Here is what I got:
Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Large Craft Punch Set - Wild Flowers

Martha Stewart Crafts - Classic Halloween Collection - Buttons

AND three packages of Recollections floral embellishments in blue, green and PINK!!!

PLUS, my wonderful big sister sent me 2 bottles of bath and body works lotion and one bottle of shower gel as well~LOVED it all so much! SEriously, you gave me every single favorite thing that I love!

I can't thank you enough but I want you to know that you are appreciated so very much!!!! You are spoiling me so much!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

That wildflower punch looks fantastic - when are you going to use it on a lo?

JaniesBigSis
Tenant
JaniesBigSis
In response to JaniesBigSis

Hows my little sis today? Good hump day for ya?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• thinkpink22 Said:
I was up all night last night with my daughter Mackenzie. She was having a lot of pain and had some blood in her urine. Not a lot though, but I think that probably she might have a small kidney stone and it's ripping through. Anyway, she slept well but I stayed awake watching her incase she needed any help. She goes to the doctor today. I'm soooo tired. I can't do the over 24 hours of being awake (well, I CAN do it, but after the first 24, I'm not sure what I'm doing could be labeled as actually "doing" anything. I'm in a fog right now.

On the plus side, when she was sleeping well, I was able to do laundry, organized and clean around the house, and just did things that there is never enough time to complete. I still was up and down to her every 1/2 hour. I wanted her to go to the emergency room, but she begged me not to take her and I called her doctor who said she was fine with having her wait until today to be seen. I'll let you all know...please say a prayer for her! Thanks girls!

Poor girl - those kidney stones are soooo painful. I remember we had to sieve the pee of patients with kidney stones so you could find the 'gravel' and send it off for analysis. Hope you're sieving, Pink - in between giving her bucketloads of drinks and analgesia!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • vawm Said:
Good morning ladies! I am at my meeting. I met Tres last night. We had some fabulous Greek food! I am so glad that I met Tres. She falls into my category of "FABULOUS FUN PERSON"!

You know, there is NO doubt in my mind that Tres would fall into that category!!!!

I'll second that - she definitely is!

Kimberly#1_Bigsis
New Kid On the Block
Kimberly#1_Bigsis

I'm so happy you like your goodies! Can't wait to spoil you again!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I know its only Wednesday (evening) here, but I havent scrapped since last week, and I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! I CAN'T go cold turkey - I have to go scrap in a minute!

I also realised this evening that I have worked so late that I havent had a hot meal since Sunday! I have had toast when I got home late, but its not really a meal, is it? I picked up enchiladas (for 2 - so 4 of them) from Marks and Spencers, put them in the oven, and just ate every single one.

Now either I am going to be fat and happy, like now, on my way to scrap, or thin and miserable - which I was last night. The enchiladas are winning!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I'm not a Halloween girl but I like those buttons!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• TinasBigSis Said:

Hey big sis. It's pretty good. I had a career panel today that I organized, which was pretty well attended and the conversation went well. I was supposed to have 3 appts, but 2 cancelled and 1 stood me up! lol no complaints from me today...I have a workshop that I'm going to at 5, but I don't have to do anything, it's part of some training we're doing.

How was your day? Are you by any chance exhausted from staying up all night with a teenager girl?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

Poor girl - those kidney stones are soooo painful. I remember we had to sieve the pee of patients with kidney stones so you could find the 'gravel' and send it off for analysis. Hope you're sieving, Pink - in between giving her bucketloads of drinks and analgesia!

all I can say is EEEWWWWWW

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to 888

Hi everyone!!

Tres & victoria,and everyone else, I'm so jealous that so many of you have had the opportunity to meet irl! Sounds like a nice evening:)

I've figured out that some are nurses, but I'm wondering, what does everyone do for a living?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:
Hello again ladies!

To my big sister~the package did NOT arrive today so your wish is granted that they are not on the same day!

Victoria~have fun with Tres! She's such a sweet lady and funny too!

Rachel~that book had me on the edge of the chair the whole time! LOVED IT! I didn't even delete it off my kindle because I might want to read it again! The punch thing Neil made you sounds fabulous!

Imelda~I have seen those over the door shoe things but the problem with my studio is it's an open room with no doors...so those don't work! And I wanted to tell you I did see the movie "the others" and although I ususally love Nicole Kidman, it bothered me that she killed her kids. The tv show is nothing like that movie though. Seriously, I'm a HUGE thriller fan and I've pretty much seen them all but I've never seen anything quite like this! You like thrillers too, don't you? If you do, you'd love the show!

Gonna go...pizza and movie night with kids and hubby...I want to see the bad teacher with Cameron Diaz but I also wouldn't mind seeing a Nicole Kidman movie Trespass...I thought I saw that was available on demand as well. We will be watching a little kid movie first...I'm praying it is anything besides spongebob.

How was pizza and the movies? What movie(s) did you watch?

We watched "bad teacher" and "Trespass" and both were great! Kids even picked "tangled" which is so much better than spongebob!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-19-11 12:50 PM

Pink, any news on your dd? I have been thinking of her all day today.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • vawm Said:

No doubt at all

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littleMRSimelda

Pink- hope your dd is ok... Maybe its just a blaDder infection?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Pink, any news on your dd? I have been thinking of her all day today.

My husband is still with her at the doctors. She has either slept or cried all day...I feel so horrible for her! It happened to me before and I remember wishing that it would just end in any way possible!

Thank you so much for asking Victoria~you are just such a sweetheart!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:
Hey Pink, were you the one that said you wish sb.com let you prioritize your wishlist? When I got my package from my big sis, there was a card in it for "askforit.com", asking if you had any suggestions for scrapbook.com, to go to www.askforit.com/channel/scrapbook.com.

I agree with you, so I just went and suggested the wish list idea! maybe if enough people ask, they'll do it.

I did it too! Great idea Tina!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

She is back and she has a horrible bladder and urinary tract infection. The doctor said that it was so swollen down there that when she peed, it actually caused small tears, which is what the blood was from. I am glad it isn't a kidney stone...this is much easier to deal and take care of! Thanks everyone for all your prayers!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to 888

Kimberly I hope Mackenzie is feeling better! I hope its nothing serious. Please keep us updated and let us know what happens from the doctor appointment.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to Ariwass

Okay you beat me to the punch! I just read your response. GLAD to know its not her kidney!! Hopefully, she will feel better in the next day or so. Was the doctor able to give her some medicine for the pain?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• TrishaLouise Said:
Wow! That was some Halloween costume that girl was sporting. You know the guys probably went nuts over it. Lol

I was just reading through on here and my husband came home while I was looking and his eyes about bugged out of his head! He said "WHAT are YOU looking at? I said, "I'm on my scrapbook site and if you are interested, I would be glad to direct you to my wish list". Turns out, he wasn't really interested in scrapbooking!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Oh, thank you Arianna! She is on pain medication and has antibiotic for it. I'm so happy that it is taken care of...I hope she sleeps well tonight!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Tinas Big Sis Said:

Hey big sis. It's pretty good. I had a career panel today that I organized, which was pretty well attended and the conversation went well. I was supposed to have 3 apts, but 2 cancelled and 1 stood me up! lol no complaints from me today...I have a workshop that I'm going to at 5, but I don't have to do anything, it's part of some training we're doing.

How was your day? Are you by any chance exhausted from staying up all night with a teenager girl?

What?? Tina's sister was up all night with her teenage girl too? Wow, what a coincidence...if I'd only known we could have chatted some!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• TinasBigSis Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
OMG I loved the funny quotes...especially captain obvious and lt. sarcastic lol

I thought maybe you'd written that one yourself! You have always been the witty one on here!

What quotes??? Am I missing something?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Oooo... Kimberly I feel so sad for your DD. She has got to be miserable!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Oh, I found the quotes and the funny pumpkin pictures!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• TrishaLouise Said:
Oooo... Kimberly I feel so sad for your DD. She has got to be miserable!

Thank you Trisha! How are you doing? Is life without Hawaii killing you? LOL! I keep thinking of that slutty turtle...makes me laugh every time!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Hey Pink - you gotta give Mackenzie lots of cranberry juice - everyone says it is the BEST thing for UTIs! So pleased it isnt a stone. This, as you say, is much easier to deal with.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littleMRSimelda

Rachel- does that still count if it has vodka in it too?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I've had a lovely self-indulgent evening, and I feel so much better for it!

I ate 4 enchiladas!, finished a lo (which always makes me feel better!), then started to check on Emily's album, which is due in February for her 25th birthday. Mark had his two years ago, and so now Emily regularly checks on the progress I've made on hers so that she will be sure to get it on time! Neil and I were married 16 July, and her birthday is 16 Feb. On 16 October she emailed me - not to say Happy 3 months Anniversary, but to warn me 'Only 4 months until my album has to be ready'!!

I have done about 50 los, and about 30 to go (of course all three of my kids will have to have the same, and as I did 80 for Mark, I have set myself a standard)!

After I worked out which years of her life I needed to find photos for, I went through a box of old photos - isnt that always the most enjoyable thing to do! and found a load of negatives which I need to get prints of so as to be able to work on the album.

My niece and her baby (and my sister and bil) are coming to stay for the weekend, and my niece has not long been scrapping, so we'll be playing while everyone else does their own thing!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Hmm - vodka and cranberry is what Pink has to drink while ensuring Mackenzie doesnt risk having any alcohol!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

A girl who I met on this site a couple of years ago is not scrapping too much cos she has two babies. Her youngest is just starting kindergarten and she posted this on fb tonight - it made me laugh!

' Catherine's advice to George before walking into Kindergarten. "George, no fighting and don't ******** your pants. Ok." hehe My favorite moment as a parent. '

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to RachelUK

Lol at least it counts... Now I can justify my weekend drinks. Hehee

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Missing word is [email protected] - brilliant from a 4 year old! Her mom told me 'Yeah I said "stop [email protected] your pants man!" once, under my breath, and now Catherine says it all the time. lol I should watch my mouth.'

Don't kids always hear EXACTLY what you say at the times at which you least want them to hear it!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

Yes, that is right...I will need to drink all of the vodka just to be sure Mackenzie doesn't accidentally drink from it~! I don't think I'll need it though to go to sleep tonight! Heck, my eyes are starting to close while I'm sitting here typing.

I just wanted to tell girls that I am so thankful for each of you on here. I love getting on here and hearing the positive uplifting comments, the jokes, and just the happy easy going postings from all of you! I appreciate it so much! It is such a joy to chat with you all! Thank you so much for everything you girls do! This round is just wonderful!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Remember my story of when we moved to this town...we started at a new church and this was the first time we'd ever been there. Landon was about 3 years old and although she'd been potty trained for over a year, she still hadn't mastered the job of wiping her own behind. Well, we went into the ladies room before church had started and it was packed. I took Landon in with me and had her go and she got up and started to open the door. I told her, "No, Landon, wait for Mommy to be done" Much to my total humilation, she yelled (with her hands on her hips) "That's fine, but I am not wiping your butt this time!" Everyone in the restroom laughed...I didn't come out for a LONG time!

SS-2-TinaN
Tenant
SS-2-TinaN

SS-2-TinaN
Tenant
SS-2-TinaN
In response to SS-2-TinaN

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

That and the year all the girls wore white dresses to Easter service...the 2 year old got into the chocolates and (don't ask me how) but wiped just a spot of two underneath the bottom part of the dress. We were in the middle of church service when 5 year old was playing with 2 year old! All I heard was "Tauryn has poop on her dress" to which Tauryn simply lifted the dress to her mouth and smiled!

SS-2-TinaN
Tenant
SS-2-TinaN

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• SS-2-TinaN Said:

I love this! so funny!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Time to take a nice long shower with my new shower gel and go to sleep. I have been awake for 37 hours...I am so ready for beddy!~

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Sleep tight and mind the bugs dont bite - I'm off to bed in a mo too!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Good night girls!!! Hugs!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
  • vawm Said:

I'll second that - she definitely is!

Awwww...thanks ladies! You are all such a great bunch!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Pink glad to hear things aren't so bad for your dd. My dd had that same thing but she was only 9 months old and that was a nightmare. Here's hoping you get some sleep and that your dd feels right as rain quickly.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to parisdame

Thank you Tres! Mackenzie had a bladder infection when she was tiny too. And Rowyn had her first when she was a few weeks old and didn't even weigh a full 4 lbs. When they had to catherize her to get a urine sample, I about cried as much if not more than she did. It's horrible when they are little and sick.

I'm thankful it wasn't a kidney stone. The antiobiotics should work quickly. Thanks for all the good wishes!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Rebecca~loved your message! YOU are the sweet one, my friend!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

bahahha I'm laughing at all the kid comments, those are too funny. and so true, I can't think of them offhand, but I remember my brothers' said some funny things as kids.

Pink, glad to hear it wasn't as abad as a kidney stone.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

• SS-2-TinaN Said:

LMAO! Way to go lady bugs

megans_bigsis
Tenant
megans_bigsis
In response to 888

I haven't seen my sister Megan lately...I don't know when she gets back from Louisiana. I hope the October goodies arrived safely!

Hope you're ok sweet sister! Have a great rest of the week!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• SS-2-TinaN Said:

This made my night along with the others, thanks so much!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Pink I'm so glad your daughter is on the mend.
I hope you get a good nights rest tonight.

Good night ladies, I was hoping to join in on teh fun, but I've got a teenager "needing" the computer.

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to tinadn

Kimberly- I hope you daughter heals fast... poor sweetie... It is horrible when the little ones are sick and in pain.

Edited by imagine.lilacs on 10-20-11 06:18 AM. Reason for edit: taking advice!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-19-11 07:42 PM
In response to imagine.lilacs

Good night to all of you fabulous ladies! I just got back from a great dinner. So tired! Going to try to hit the hay early tonight.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to megans_bigsis

Morning everyone!

Finished my book AND a lo last evening, so I'm happy! Got up late this moring, and will be into work a little late, but my PA has just had a week off and she will be sorting out my first appointment, so all is good - its like having a mum or a best buddy taking care of me!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• imagine.lilacs Said:
Kim- I hope you daughter heals fast... poor sweetie... It is horrible when the little ones are sick and in pain.

ppsstttt. I'd recommend using pink or kimberly, she does not like "kim" at all!

spoilinisthegame
Resident
spoilinisthegame

The weekend is coming and I'm not a big football fan but I do get invited to watch with a friend occassionally. Here is a quick and easy recipe that's always a hit.

Chicken Taco Dip

1 large can of chicken-I keep one on hand just for this reason
6 oz. cream cheese
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of cream of chicken soup

Place all ingredients into a microwave dish. Cook until smooth and heated through-about 5 minutes. Stir every minute. Serve with tortilla chips.

I usually use low fat soup and cream cheese with no complaints.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• thinkpink22 Said:

Prayers for Mackenzie (and you!), Hope you were able to catch up on your rest later in the day.

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs

• Tina scraps Said:
  • imagine.lilacs Said:
Kim- I hope you daughter heals fast... poor sweetie... It is horrible when the little ones are sick and in pain.

pssst... thanks! I had no idea!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hope everyone's Thursday is awesome.

I am puttering around the house this morning, going in a bit late too, Rachel, because I have a Board meeting that won't end until at least 9 PM.

Was it Imelda who asked what we do? I am a librarian/library administrator and after a rough few months where I was kind of down in the dumps about work, I am loving my job again!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to scrapbrarian

Good morning ladies,
I'm avoiding the grocery store and going out in the cold weather here.
Have a great day.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• imagine.lilacs Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • imagine.lilacs Said:

I learned it the hard way, lol!

Rebecca, glad you're feeling better about work. I know we talked bout it a little in May. Wish I could say the same. Though I am tolerating it better right now.

Edited by Tina scraps on 10-20-11 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to megans_bigsis

Hi everyone!

Well to answer my own question, I should be a teacher. I am currently staying at home with my kids. I have been trying to find a job for almost a year now but teaching jobs are pretty scarce right now. I've also been trying to get an admin job but I seem to be over qualified or they think I won't stay long...

I hope I get something soon because I need to get out of the house

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 10:24 AM

• thinkpink22 Said:
Remember my story of when we moved to this town...we started at a new church and this was the first time we'd ever been there. Landon was about 3 years old and although she'd been potty trained for over a year, she still hadn't mastered the job of wiping her own behind. Well, we went into the ladies room before church had started and it was packed. I took Landon in with me and had her go and she got up and started to open the door. I told her, "No, Landon, wait for Mommy to be done" Much to my total humilation, she yelled (with her hands on her hips) "That's fine, but I am not wiping your butt this time!" Everyone in the restroom laughed...I didn't come out for a LONG time!

Oh I love it!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 10:25 AM

• SS-2-TinaN Said:

OMG... this is great!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 10:26 AM

• thinkpink22 Said:
Thank you Tres! Mackenzie had a bladder infection when she was tiny too. And Rowyn had her first when she was a few weeks old and didn't even weigh a full 4 lbs. When they had to catherize her to get a urine sample, I about cried as much if not more than she did. It's horrible when they are little and sick.

I'm thankful it wasn't a kidney stone. The antiobiotics should work quickly. Thanks for all the good wishes!

I'm so glad to hear that it was a kidney stone either!!! How is she doing today?

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 10:29 AM
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Morning everyone!

Finished my book AND a lo last evening, so I'm happy! Got up late this moring, and will be into work a little late, but my PA has just had a week off and she will be sorting out my first appointment, so all is good - its like having a mum or a best buddy taking care of me!!

I wanna a PA.... how do I get one of those>????

Rachie .... I'm glad that you have someone there to take care of you!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 10:31 AM

• scrapbrarian Said:
Hope everyone's Thursday is awesome.

I am puttering around the house this morning, going in a bit late too, Rachel, because I have a Board meeting that won't end until at least 9 PM.

Was it Imelda who asked what we do? I am a librarian/library administrator and after a rough few months where I was kind of down in the dumps about work, I am loving my job again!

I'm glad to read that things are turning around for you at work!!! Nothing like not being happy at work and having to be there so much!

I'm grateful that I do love my job too!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 10:35 AM
In response to 888

Imelda ...

My work ... I sell electric motors to big companies and power plants.. the motor run their equipment. I am also in charge of all the company cell phones, all paperwork goes through me for approvel before we bill the vendor or customer. I take care of the process of all the company uniforms for the guys that work here. And whatever else shows up in my office ...

I love it here, I've been here for 11 years!!! I love both of my bosses.... it is a great place to work!!!

They all call me the Princess here at work!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 10:41 AM
In response to 888

How is everyone doing today?

No one ever seems to be here when I'm at lunch... or ya'll are just ignoring me ... just kidding.

Well, I hope everyone is have a wonderful day!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to 888

Hi Nikilynn, I 'm here for a bit, then back to the laundry calling my name

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 10:58 AM
In response to tinadn

You can do my laundry, if you would like LOL

Well, I was just looking through the store here and I think I found a NEW favorite line .... I'm IN LOVE with Imaginisce!! I just added a ton of thsir stuff to my wishlist.... OMG.. I just love it all!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 11:00 AM
In response to 888

And of course... most of their products are Pink... so you know I'm sold!!!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to 888

Yesterday my DH and I went to a couple of stores and I thought of you alot when I saw Hello Kitty microwave, watch, slippers, etc. It is everywhere. Are you on the hunt for anything specific?

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 11:00 AM
In response to 888

Back to work!!!

I have to do laudry tonight and finish packing.. I'm going to a scrapbook retreat in the mountains this weekend... I'm so excited... driving up with my cousin tomorrow afternoon!!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I'm sure your big sis will be excited to see your new wishlist:)

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-20-11 11:02 AM
In response to tinadn

Have a great afternoon.. I have to get to work

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:
  • imagine.lilacs Said:

I'm sorry for being such a pain about my name...but seriously, I cringe whenever anyone calls me KIM. It doesn't seem like me at all. I never know how to say "I don't like that name" without sounding rude so thank you Tina for saying it for me! And thank you Michelle for changing it! I appreciate it!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Back to work!!!

I have to do laudry tonight and finish packing.. I'm going to a scrapbook retreat in the mountains this weekend... I'm so excited... driving up with my cousin tomorrow afternoon!!!!

Oh my goodness Nikilynn~I am so happy for you! Wish I was going to the retreat with you! Have a blast!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Imelda~As far as jobs go, I'm not anything right now.

I have degrees in Elementary Education and one in Nursing, but I stay at home for now.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• imagine.lilacs Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • imagine.lilacs Said:

I was just waiting to see how many times she'd see it before her head exploded off her shoulders!! Ah shes a darling is our Pink!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
Morning everyone!

I wanna a PA.... how do I get one of those>????

Rachie .... I'm glad that you have someone there to take care of you!!!

Strikes me you either have to be close to retirement, or so busy that you keep missing things and need someone to put you right and find everything on your desk thats lost. I fall into the latter bracket!! The good thing is that she is a SCRAPPER!! How fantastic is that? We are a rare breed in the UK but I was able to buy goodies for her when I was in the US and she got all my colleagues to buy me the most beautiful 'Memories' box for my wedding present - it was the perfect thing for a scrapper!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

She has also just been diagnosed with macular degeneration whcih will mean that she will eventually go blind - definitely in one eye but possibly in the other too. She is the sweetest lady, so I want her to get on and do the scrapbooks for her granddaughters that she wants to get busy with, as well as for her three grown boys. It will be a slow process, but - as anyone would be - she was devastated when it happened.

I give her a little nudge every day! I was telling her about the 20/20 challenge this evening!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

Afternoon Ladies!

NikiLynn: I can so see everyone at your office calling you "Princess". Because you are such a princess

Imelda: I usually tell people I am a bum just to see their reaction. Lol

I have a degree in Interior Design and a masters in Architecture. I work for an Architecture firm and I am lucky enough to work mostly from home. I only have to go into the office twice a week for project and client meetings.

You are not alone in the job quest. I can't count the number of friends who have been laid off and can't find a job. I have a girlfriend who is an attorney and was laid off last year.

She could not find a job in her field and ended up taking a job at Wal-mart! Now do not get me wrong there is NOTHING wrong with working at Wal-mart but it is very sad when you have spent all of that time and money achieving a Law degree and end up having to take a job at Wally world so you can pay your student loans back.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Nikilynn, how awesome that you are going to a scrap retreat, I know you will have a great time!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Trisha, I've had to talk to students interested in law school and explain to them the state of things. new lawyers are in particularly bad shape as far as jobs these days. some of the students already know it, some of them are completely clueless, which of course makes me want to say did you RESEARCH ANYTHING???? lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

and Kimberly, I don't think you're being a pain about your name, you have the right to ask ppl to call you whatever you want.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

has anyone taken a class at mycreativeclassroom.com? I just signed up for a class on alcohol inks that starts tomorrow!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

shoot, no one here. I'm home alone and bored...

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

for those of you who like blog hops, here's a stencil one:

http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/2011/1 0...

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

have fun with your alcohol inks class Tina

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

is it Friday yet?

I'm going to babysit for a friend tomorow and I babysat for her all day Wednesday. The worst part is that her house is a pit...so very dirty and I cleaned it all up on Wednesday and I'm betting that tomorrow it will be all dirty again. On a positive note I just received a box of goodies today so I might just have to play tonight

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics