Page 2 of 38 
Username Post: SWAP ENDED...PLEASE DELETE        (Topic#1563873)
Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Oh, I'm hoping you girls don't mind it I just come by and chat with you. Whether I'm a big sister, a little sister, or just an eavesdropping sister I love all you girls.

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-23-11 10:02 AM
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
I was wondering if the new thread was up! Happy Friday all!

Hi Tres... please tell me that you are in again!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-23-11 10:04 AM

• Deb-doodle Said:
Oh, I'm hoping you girls don't mind it I just come by and chat with you. Whether I'm a big sister, a little sister, or just an eavesdropping sister I love all you girls.

Miss Doodles.... you are ALWAYS welcome... you know that!!! We ALL L*O*V*E you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to 888

Awwww, thank you Nikilynn!!!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Oh my word - I can't believe this thread is up to page 6 and I haven't been over here yet!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RachelUK

Nikilynn I am not sure....I am trying to stop spending because of the trip to Paris in Feb. And since I have been spending like crazy lately, I might need to step back and actually use up some of my ever growing stash!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Tinand I just love the bright orange leaves in your avi! I need some fall colors here!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Just a quick reminder to you ladies...these are the names of all the secret sisters this round so far and if there isn't an * by your name, please send me via pm the survey on page 1 Thanks so much sweet friends!

1. NIKILYNN*
2. KIMBERLY*
3. MEGAN ANN*
4. IMELDA*
5. TINA N.*
6. VICTORIA*
7. TRISHA
8. MELODY
9. NANCY*
10. TINA M.*
11. KIMBERLY #2*
12. MICHELLE
13. ARIANNA

*MEANS SENT IN SURVEY

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Debbie~you BETTER come hang with us still! I know where you live girl and if I can't spend time with you on here, I just might have to make a trip down to see you irl!

Tres~totally understanding about the spending thing. It's great that you have such will-power though. I remember when we were shopping, you were so careful and shopped the bargains and did so well. I need a class on how to do that. My husband says that I buy things at full price and sell tham at 1/2 off...but by the time I go through all my stuff and put a lot together to sell, I don't even remember what I paid for each item...I just see me making money for free! Well, free for me! Men...why can't they see these things!

Financial wizard I am not...I own my weaknesses!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Tinand I just love the bright orange leaves in your avi! I need some fall colors here!

Thanks, I saw it and borrowed via the net. We don't have pretty trees here due to the high winds in July. 75% of the trees here are gone or damaged. Wishful thinking I guess, since I love fall

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

Pink, don't threaten me. I'll disappear and you'll have to come find me. LOL!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Oh my word - I can't believe this thread is up to page 6 and I haven't been over here yet!

I just recently showed up myself.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to scrapbrarian

• scrapbrarian Said:
Hi Tina, so good to see that you will be here for this next round. I missed you so much I was impersonating you!

I'm just catching up over here. It did make me laugh to see Rebecca 'doing a Tina M' and then Tina checking in directly after!

I'm getting an overwhelming urge to sign up again...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
Hi Tina, so good to see that you will be here for this next round. I missed you so much I was impersonating you!

I'm just catching up over here. It did make me laugh to see Rebecca 'doing a Tina M' and then Tina checking in directly after!

I'm getting an overwhelming urge to sign up again...

Do it, do it, do it, do it, doit, doit, doit, doitdoitdoitdoitdoit!Sorr y, I can hear that commercial singing in my head:)

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrapbrarian Said:

LOL!!!! That's was a good one Rebecca!!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Tina scraps

Aloha! JCI...... I think I need a vacation from the vacation. Lol

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to TrishaLouise

Sorry Trisha, don't think we're feeling sorry for you. LOL!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

I second tinas comment. Do it do it do it do it!!

Sharing my take on victorias sketch:

Sweetheart By LittleMRSimelda

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to littleMRSimelda

Hey girls!

Well, today I had a bunch of things happen that were good! ~First off, I got an AMAZING PACKAGE from my secret sister last round~trishalouise. It had so much in it...but if you all want to hear about the box, I'm gonna put it on the other thread.

Then I got a call from the lady I'm buying my teacup poodle Capri from. Capri is now officially one pound and I get to go pick her up tomorrow. I can't wait to get my hands on her!

And one last bit of good news...In December, when scrapbook.com came out with those teasers of new products coming...well, I fell in love with these punches (we r memory keepers lucky which takes 12x12 papers and makes them into those fancy die-cut pages on the edges. Well, I was beginning to think they would never come out but I found them today and although they aren't due to come until later, I pre-ordered all of them! It was so neat to want something for almost a year and finally find them!

So, it's been a great day! Tomorrow will be great too! And I hope all of you have had an amazing Saturday!

Talk to you all soon!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• thinkpink22 Said:
Hey girls!

Well, today I had a bunch of things happen that were good! ~First off, I got an AMAZING PACKAGE from my secret sister last round~trishalouise. It had so much in it...but if you all want to hear about the box, I'm gonna put it on the other thread.

Then I got a call from the lady I'm buying my teacup poodle Capri from. Capri is now officially one pound and I get to go pick her up tomorrow. I can't wait to get my hands on her!

And one last bit of good news...In December, when scrapbook.com came out with those teasers of new products coming...well, I fell in love with these punches (we r memory keepers lucky which takes 12x12 papers and makes them into those fancy die-cut pages on the edges. Well, I was beginning to think they would never come out but I found them today and although they aren't due to come until later, I pre-ordered all of them! It was so neat to want something for almost a year and finally find them!

So, it's been a great day! Tomorrow will be great too! And I hope all of you have had an amazing Saturday!

Talk to you all soon!

did you find them here? They looked so fun!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to tinadn

Welcome to your new family Capri!!! You have a great mom!

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:
Aloha! JCI...... I think I need a vacation from the vacation. Lol

I'm with Deb on this one: no feeling sorry for he girl in the hula skirt! LOL!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to imagine.lilacs

Hi my name is Arianna and I'm so trilled to be apart of the Secret Sister Swap this time around. I'm very fortunate that I can be apart of this since I have already done a swap with Kimberly. Anyway, I work full time and have 3 children and I'm married. I also have a scrapbooking and card making group that I run in my neck of the woods. I look forward to getting to know my secret sister and the rest of you ladies in the group! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ariwass

Welcome Arianna:)

This is my third round of SS. The ladies are all wonderful. The conversation is fun and the surprise packages are a bonus too:)

Edited by tinadn on 09-25-11 05:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 09-25-11 08:44 AM
In response to tinadn

HI Arianna, this will be my third round too! Glad to have you on board.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to vawm

Glad to see both old and new faces - I love these sisters!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Tina have a great visit w/ your bff! I just saw "The Help" last weekend, loved it too.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• thinkpink22 Said:
Hey girls!

Talk to you all soon!

So glad you are having such an awesome weekend!

I remember when you and I were going crazy over those punches, more than a year ago!

Did you get your new fur baby yet?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

welcome Arianna!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Okay I am headed up to my scrap studio so I'll catch you all later.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to tinadn

Welcome Ariana!!!
this will be my first round too although i did hang out last round getting to know these wonderfully beautiful ladies!!! i'm so lucky to have had that time with them! they are all GREAT!
welcome and i'm sure you'll quickly agree with me!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

glad everyone is having a great weekend! i'm hoping to get back online soon i've been so MIA! i miss my daily dose!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Awww thank you for all the welcome wishes!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Ariwass

Welcome Arianna!

I just checked out your company earthbath and all that stuff looks so interesting!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Pink I am usually pretty good about my spending...maybe because I have a whole room so full! I even had a MS coupon, went to use it and realized that I didn't need another punch. I think my dh was in shock when I came out of Michaels empty handed!

Trisha have fun in the sun!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-26-11 10:21 AM
In response to parisdame

Tres ... I totally understand if you can't join with the BIG Paris trip in your near future... but you MUST stay her to talk to us all the time!! It just wouldn't be the same without your smiling face!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-26-11 10:22 AM
In response to 888

Welcome Arianna!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-26-11 10:23 AM
In response to 888

Trisha... you forgot something to take on your vacation..... All us lovely ladies!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are having a good time!!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to 888

Nikilynn - did you get my pm about your folks' vacation?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I decided to sign up again! I sent all my details to Pink yesterday - I'm a sucker for this swap!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

I really enjoyed the movie and my gf said the book had more detail so I may read it too.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to tinadn

I have the book ready for a holiday read - I just dont get enough hours outside work - at least, I do get some, but I just wanna scrap!! esp at the moment, when I have the end of Rosita's challenge in sight!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

Hi ladies. It is almost time for the closing of the sign-ups. I am going to allow people to sign up until October 1, and then I will send out your little sister information on Octover 1 or 2...hope that suits all of you wonderful ladies.

Also, if any of you are interested, I am hosting a Christmas swap as well. If anyone wants the information, send me a pm.

I'm looking forward to a new round!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Pink I am usually pretty good about my spending...maybe because I have a whole room so full! I even had a MS coupon, went to use it and realized that I didn't need another punch. I think my dh was in shock when I came out of Michaels empty handed!

Trisha have fun in the sun!

Well, having a whole room totally full of stuff doesn't seem to stop me from buying! oh well, Dan would be a rich man if he didn't have me to help him out with "investments". I am saving him a whole lot of depression and misery!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Now, I copied and pasted all of the addresses into one pm between Nikilynn and I. I used old addresses from previous rounds for Michelle, Trishalouise, and Melody (youvegotmel) so we are all set to start a new round except for Arianna (please pm me your survey asap...thanks)

If anyone above wishes to change your information, send me a pm and I'll correct it. Sign ups are not ending until October 1, but I will already have most of the matches made by then but if someone else joins in between now and then, I'll get them added.

If anyone has any requests about little sisters, you can send me a pm as well. I can't promise but I do my best to honor requests!

I'll be back later girls!

PINK

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Hi Kimberly!

Sorry for the delay in the survey. I just sent it you.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Ariwass

Welcome Arianna. It's always nice to see a new face.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Looks like another great round is about to get underway!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Good morning girls.

I managed to get hump day off!! Yay!!!! I'll be busy as heck Thur. and Fri. though. So I'm hoping to get to scrap today.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Good Morning Secret Sister Family!

Hope you get to scrap today Deb! Are you scrapping something new or finishing up on a previous page?

Just got back from Las Vegas from a trade show so I have a short day at work today! I'm actually talking my 2 daughters
(Alexandria age 5 and Alyson age 3) to San Antonio Texas tomorrow morning. We are going to go surprise my mom for her birthday. She use to live in San Francisco which is about a hour and a half from us. We use to see her every other weekend but since she has moved we haven't seen her since July!! I haven't even told the girls yet because I didn't want them to tell grandma on the phone. I will tell them today when I pick them up from school! Anyone one want anything from San Antonio while I'm there?? Please PM me if you have a request! Seriously too!!! I don't mind at all

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 09-28-11 08:52 AM
In response to Ariwass

Have a fun trip Arianna!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to vawm

Whats in San Antonio that you might not get at home, Arianna? Curious minds want to know!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Isnt it weird that three days have passed and we're on the same page of the thread. At least it means you can catch up if you're away for any length of time!

When Pink first introduced me to this thread, we covered over 600 pages in three months - pretty staggering hey?! You had to tune in every day in case you missed something critical!

Nowadays I actually have time to scrap as well!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to RachelUK

Rachel! I love that you and I think so alike. I don't have to ask any questions because u do!!! Its awesome!

I don't know what I'd want from san antonio. Maybe just a spoon. I collect those little ones from different places. Other than that, what is there?

Ariana,
Hope you have a great visit with your mom!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Its been a really lovely day today. In fact, we are having a delightfully warm week, so dh is off in Mexico (and he really was drinking kiwi margaritas last night - how is that fair!) but the weather is thunder and lightening, and we are busy having an Indian summer here. It will stay up in the 70s all week and 79 at the weekend - so happy!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Ah - must be that newly married air around us, Imelda!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

$ust be!!

I can't wait to get this round going! The suspense is killing me!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Be patient, sweet girl! It'll be here soon enough!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

Rachel the first time I joined this group I was overwhelmed by how fast it moved. If I didn't check in daily I would be several pages behind.
Either everyone is very busy or don't feel they have much interesting to share.

I'm headed out to dinner with friends and they want to hit some local scrap stores. I don't need a thing. I wonder if I can manage to just look??????

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to tinadn

Just got back from my dd's first real ballet class. She's going to be 4 in march. She was in a dance class last year that was a very basic intro. Shes learned first position now and a couple of other steps. Soooo adorable!!

Kids are bathed now and just waiting for hair to dry before bedtime. I will be online and scrapping tonight but first I must watch Survivor! Is anyone else into reality tv? I also watch amazing race, project runway, hells kitchen and top chef. The only other show I'm into now is desperate housewives! I'm only on season 3 though. Lol

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Tina I could never just look. I'm too impulsive!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I have a page in my daughter's album of her in her ballet kit, but just dancing in the garden on the grass for the love of it! Such a sweet pic - I think shes 4 or 5.

Tonight I worked hard on Rosita's challenge - is anyone going to finish it? It is a tough one for sure! I think I am up to 16 cards and 16 los and just 48 hours to go - its going to almost kill me!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Arianna, Have a fun and safe trip. Your Mom is going to flip. I would just die if I hadn't seen my grand babies in that long. I just love love love spending time with them.

If you still lived in San Francisco I be asking for some sour dough bread. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Just got back from my dd's first real ballet class. She's going to be 4 in march. She was in a dance class last year that was a very basic intro. Shes learned first position now and a couple of other steps. Soooo adorable!!

Kids are bathed now and just waiting for hair to dry before bedtime. I will be online and scrapping tonight but first I must watch Survivor! Is anyone else into reality tv? I also watch amazing race, project runway, hells kitchen and top chef. The only other show I'm into now is desperate housewives! I'm only on season 3 though. Lol

Oh yeah!!! I watch Survivor, Hell's kitchen, Kitchen nightmares, American idol, X Factor, Big Brother, I don't watch Amazing Race anymore. It just stressed me out. LOL!! They were always rushing and running and go go go!!!!!!

I'm a TV addict in general. I watch when I'm scrapping. I'm recording 10 shows tonight and I don't even have cable. LOL!!! It would be 12 shows but I watched Survivor and am now watching America's Next Top Model.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

I am so tired tonight but the house is perfectly clean and my dd has a bunch of new clothes. We went shopping because she actually has hit a growth spurt and all the 2t clothes were getting too small. Afterwards she told that shopping makes her tired. Amateur...lol but then again she is only 3

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to parisdame

Listen Tres, my friend, before very long, she will be asking for your credit card to buy clothes and there will be not a penny left for scrapping or your own shopping - make the most of it while it lasts!!! Now theres advice from an expert - been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Ariwass

• Ariwass Said:
Good Morning Secret Sister Family!

Hope you get to scrap today Deb! Are you scrapping something new or finishing up on a previous page?

Just got back from Las Vegas from a trade show so I have a short day at work today! I'm actually talking my 2 daughters
(Alexandria age 5 and Alyson age 3) to San Antonio Texas tomorrow morning. We are going to go surprise my mom for her birthday. She use to live in San Francisco which is about a hour and a half from us. We use to see her every other weekend but since she has moved we haven't seen her since July!! I haven't even told the girls yet because I didn't want them to tell grandma on the phone. I will tell them today when I pick them up from school! Anyone one want anything from San Antonio while I'm there?? Please PM me if you have a request! Seriously too!!! I don't mind at all

Have fun! Bet your mom will be delighted by your visit!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Tres, a clean house and shopping all day. The only thing missing to make it a perfect day is some scrapping time.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hi Rachel, Doodles, Imelda and Tina.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Mornin girls.

Tres, that's one thing I was grateful about having 2 boys. Although Dane was a little preppy in his day. He was so picky he even did his own laundry. LOL!!! Poor Mom!! hahahaha!!! He always had to be in style. Jarrod was the opposite.

I slept in too much today. I should be at work right now. I guess that's one of the perks of being the boss. I'm working at a different place than Jodi and Susie so they'll never know. LOL!! After all, I have to set a good example. That's okay, I'm taking off here shortly.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I just want to remind you girls of the live chat over at Scrappy Chic Cafe tonight at 9pm est. Hope to see you there.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Deb and Imelda
I'm a tvaholic. I DVR tons of shows. I love Amazing Race, Big Brother, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, Idol, Chopped, Top Chef, if I can't find anything else I get into the HGTV or TLC
then there are all teh detective shows, Law and orders, CSIs, Body of Proof....

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 09-29-11 05:55 AM
In response to tinadn

NO tv here. I occasionally watch HSN home makeover shows and some Disney Channel with DS. But I would much rather scrap or be on the computer!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

I need to sit out a round, but I will be back.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Sherrenae

You girls should watch 'The Great British Bake-off' - think you may be able to get it on the BBC website via their i-player. People have been telling me to watch it for months, and I finally got into it last night and watched 5 episodes on the trot!

I'll watch the next three this evening and then i should be about caught up!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

I think I may be able to finish my 20 cards for Rosita's challenge - but what a challenge it has been! I'm not sure if I can do all 20 los, but I am sure going to work hard this evening and tomorrow to do it!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 09-29-11 09:24 AM
In response to RachelUK

I am almost positive I won't finish the LOs. I have eight more to do. I don't think I have it in me to finish 8 more in two days. I am a slow, slow scrapper. I don't like to rush either.

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-29-11 10:20 AM
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I decided to sign up again! I sent all my details to Pink yesterday - I'm a sucker for this swap!

YAY !!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 09-29-11 10:21 AM

• thinkpink22 Said:
Now, I copied and pasted all of the addresses into one pm between Nikilynn and I. I used old addresses from previous rounds for Michelle, Trishalouise, and Melody (youvegotmel) so we are all set to start a new round except for Arianna (please pm me your survey asap...thanks)

If anyone above wishes to change your information, send me a pm and I'll correct it. Sign ups are not ending until October 1, but I will already have most of the matches made by then but if someone else joins in between now and then, I'll get them added.

If anyone has any requests about little sisters, you can send me a pm as well. I can't promise but I do my best to honor requests!

I'll be back later girls!

PINK

I'm getting excited!!!!! I can't wait!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to 888

Rach- I will definetly check out that show. As long as I can find it online! I've watched project runway australia and uk! Loove it! I'm all caught up on project runway usa. Hells kitchen just finished and so I'm cu on amazing race and survivor too. I don't have a pvr so I watch lots of shows online if I miss them. I don't watch a lot of tv anymore since I got the computer upstairs into my scraproom. I was watching criminal minds then smallville and dexter but I'm acu so I ran out of episodes to watch. I'm on desperate housewives now just on season 3. I think I'm also going to go for law and order once I need another show.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Rach- I'm going to have to search for that lo of your dd. Sounds so adorable!!!!! For halloween my dd is going to be Angelina Ballerina (a ballerina mouse) and my ds is going to be Thing 1 (cat in the hat) last year was adorable, they were boots and dora. Can't wait to scrap those pics!!!

Can't believe its almost the weekend already. Going to a wedding on Sat in Niagara so I get to go for a mani pedi tonight-no kids!!! I've earned it this week! We had friends over for dinner tuesday (about 8 ppl) and then I cleaned up and put both kids to bed! Then last night took both kids to bellas ballet, bathed them and put both to bed. Phew, and to top it off I think my ds is teething again since he had a tough night! Really hope the kids will be in bed when I get back... Doubt it though. They will probably be all hopped up on sugar!! Lol

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I think I may be able to finish my 20 cards for Rosita's challenge - but what a challenge it has been! I'm not sure if I can do all 20 los, but I am sure going to work hard this evening and tomorrow to do it!

Keep at it, you are doing great!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Hi rebecca how are you?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I had a look back Imelda, cos this one was a very early one - way before I knew all these lovely girls - but I found it...

Dancing queen! By RachelUK

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

hello ladies,

glad the new round will be starting soon. good to see new and returning faces. Rachel, you getting used to saying "dh" now?

I did have fun with christina and her baby, who is very cute, but I was exhausted and it really did reinforce that I don't want kids, lol. Elena would go from happy to angry in the blink of an eye, for no reason anyone could figure out. already napped, fed, and diaper changed, and we were out of guesses (she's not colicky, and too early for teething). Good thing christina's the one home with the baby tho, cause she has far more patience than her dh - at one point, he actually yelled in the baby's face! he did apologize after (no, I don't like him any better, but I'm learning to tolerate him)

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Deb and Imelda
I'm a tvaholic. I DVR tons of shows. I love Amazing Race, Big Brother, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, Idol, Chopped, Top Chef, if I can't find anything else I get into the HGTV or TLC
then there are all teh detective shows, Law and orders, CSIs, Body of Proof....

A girl after my own heart. LOL!!! Now we have all these new shows to consider. Tough!!! Good thing I don't have cable, I'd have to retire working. LOL!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
NO tv here. I occasionally watch HSN home makeover shows and some Disney Channel with DS. But I would much rather scrap or be on the computer!

I do all the above together Victoria. I can't just sit and watch. It puts me to sleep. So it's perfect to do while I'm scrapping. In fact I'm watching that new show, 'Person of interest' right now.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 09-29-11 03:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
hello ladies,

glad the new round will be starting soon. good to see new and returning faces. Rachel, you getting used to saying "dh" now?

I did have fun with christina and her baby, who is very cute, but I was exhausted and it really did reinforce that I don't want kids, lol. Elena would go from happy to angry in the blink of an eye, for no reason anyone could figure out. already napped, fed, and diaper changed, and we were out of guesses (she's not colicky, and too early for teething). Good thing christina's the one home with the baby tho, cause she has far more patience than her dh - at one point, he actually yelled in the baby's face! he did apologize after (no, I don't like him any better, but I'm learning to tolerate him)

Oh yeah, a big scary man yelling in a baby's face should make it stop crying. What a dope. Sorry. Had to lay that out there.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I'm with you Debs - if I saw a guy do that it would very quickly have an effect on whether I liked or even tolerated him!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Tina - I'm getting there with the dh thing, although its weird to write it on here! Signing my name was funny - I have a big budget so I have tons of stuff to sign. We had 70 new doctors start the week that I came back to work after my honeymoon, and I had to sign the HR paperwork for all of them. My sweet secretary had actually taken the trouble to write my name in capitals by the place I had to sign each time to help me remember! I didnt need to practice any more after that!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

Christina and I both looked at him in shock, and she immediately told him to never do that to the baby again. He did apologize a few minutes later after he calmed down. To be honest, that's nothing to do with the reason I don't like him. Other than that instance, he's actually pretty good with her. when he came home friday night, he made a beeline for the baby (poor christina's already jealous), so he could hug and kiss her and give her the next bottle.

I kind of sympathized with his frustration. To be honest, I think that's how I'd react if I had to deal with that on a regular basis (hence, one of the reasons I think it wise for me not to procreate). I have an appt in December with the ob/gyn to discuss long-term control methods.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

what's everyone up to this weekend? I'm going to a crop at an LSS for the first time (I've cropped at people's houses and/or hotels, never LSS)with my usual scrap peeps. I have to figure out what I want to work on. Maybe I'll finally get to my mini-album about our Georgia Scrap retreat, now that I have rachel's pics too!

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs

ooooh! Scrap day!! Tina- that sounds fun!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to imagine.lilacs

Tina scraps, so good to see you hear. Been missing you.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Thank you! We made it safely and my mom was so surprised!!! Of course I can send you some sour dough bread when I get back!!!! Please PM me your contact info.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to RachelUK

Rachel they have really good BBQ sauce and BBQ rub.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Ariwass

Arianna - it sounds tempting - depending on how heavy it is to ship. The post/shipping is ridiculous! It costs between a third and a half of anything I buy here to send it over, and then on top of that I have to pay a customs charge which seems to work out about $40 for every $180 sale. The only way to get round this is to send stuff marked very clearly 'GIFT'. I have even had to pay charges on stuff that previous sisters have sent direct from this site in the past!

Debbie did send me some heavenly rub/seasoning - I nearly need to get over there to get me some more of that. My son wanted it on everything over the summer, but I told him it has to last!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Listen Tres, my friend, before very long, she will be asking for your credit card to buy clothes and there will be not a penny left for scrapping or your own shopping - make the most of it while it lasts!!! Now theres advice from an expert - been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

My sister keeps telling me the same thing! LOL
I am grateful she is still little and not spending my scrapping money yet

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• scrapbrarian Said:
Tres, a clean house and shopping all day. The only thing missing to make it a perfect day is some scrapping time.

I couldn't agree more! I won't finish up Rosita's 20/20 challenge but i did give it a good shot.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Happy Birthday Nikilynn! I hope you get spoiled rotten

Page 2 of 38 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics