Page 5 of 38 
Username Post: SWAP ENDED...PLEASE DELETE        (Topic#1563873)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Imeldas big sis

How many people are doing either
a) Suzi's lovely TUV challenge or
b) Rosita's killer 20/20 challenge or
c) any other challenge that I dont know about!

JMorales
Guru
JMorales

Ok, so dh husband has an interview on Thursday, maybe this will be the one!

JMorales
Guru
JMorales
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

I wish I could be doing them! But school comes first this month! No scrapping time will just make me enjoy it more when I get to do it

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to JMorales

Good luck Jessica to your hubby!!!

Rachel~no challenges for me...I suck at completing them.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

But I think we need a challenge on here for the ladies in this swap!~(and of course the ladies that hang out with us every round...Rebecca )
Tres~ I did draw a winner and it was Debbie so if you would send her a gift, that would be awesome! I forgot for so long, I'm sorry! Congrats Debbie!

And now, Doodles, the challenge is up to you or I can host a new one. Please just pm me the challenge so I can remember to post it on page 1 for everyone to see!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 10-04-11 03:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to JMorales

• JMorales Said:

Conratulations Nikilynn!

Love this lady Jessica! I remember life like that...once upon a time!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to JMorales

not doing any challenges at the moment, don't have the mental bandwidth.

I have to share this. Some of you have heard my crazy stories about my family, but this is a nice. The younger of my 2 brothers (he's 23) moved to California a year ago, because his gf was homesick. Well, his gf just dumped him, because some on-again/off-again guy has reentered her life, yet again (sounds like he does this whenever he's on the rebound, but she's not my problem. and did I mention she's 30?). My brother was actually mature enough (or maybe naive enough) to suggest couples counseling, which they did once, but she clearly wasn't into it. When my mom told me that Brian had called her, crying, to tell her about it, we knew it was bad, cause he would never do that. So I sent him a txt msg that has opened up a whole new world of communication between us. The abbreviated version is he thought I didn't care because he never heard from me, and I thought he didn't care so I didn't bother communicating with him. Turns out we were both wrong, and have been calling/exchanging text messages since. He's called me to talk to him because "I'm his big sister and a highly intelligent person to talk to" (my draw jopped), and even said "I love you" at which point I nearly cried.

Brian is 12 years younger than me. I took care of him so much when he was a baby, that I felt like he could have been mine, and was very attached. Of course I went to college and we all grew up and away, especially with the large age difference, which I've felt particularly sad about the last couple of years. But it seems like we're making progress! Now to work on the other brother, who's more and more depressed because he still doesn't have a job.

Spoiling Rachel
Tenant
Spoiling Rachel
In response to Tina scraps

Hello Rachel!!

Would you like a hint? I am doing a few challenges this month. Perhaps one of the ones you mentioned...

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• Imeldas big sis Said:
Imelda, dear, your wishlist is shamefully short! How on earth am I supposed to spoil you with that? Please add to it!

Also, a few questions:
What is your favorite color?
Fave tv show?
Fave food?
Top 3 paper manufacturers?
Top 3 types of embellishments?

so sorry big sis! my problem is that i added to my wishlist and then i go out and buy it all... hahaha
i'll go update it now.

also, i've only been scrapping for about 2 years so i'm not super familiar with all the cool stuff or the brands just yet. i'm just discovering them.
I do like to use a lot of glitter and bling, just starting to play with distressing which i love and i like ribbons too. ok so here are the answers to your questions:

1. what is your favorite color? Pink!! i love pink. and yellow too! (those were my wedding colours)

2. Fave tv show? - i have lots, survivor, amazing race, hells kitchen, project runway... reality tv really. other than reality tv i am really really into desperate housewives right now. i also like dexter, and criminal minds. (and of course friends and sex and the city - i compare everything to those shows!)

3. Fave food? - i dont really have a fav food... i love chinese food, and since i'm mexican love mexican too. however, growing up thats all i ever got at home so now i'm really into the traditional thanksgiving foods. i loove thanksgiving! love butternut squash!

4. Top 3 paper manufacturers? i'm not really familiar with manufacturers but i will add some to my wishlist!

5. Top 3 types of embellishments? i like flowers, ribbon and little sparkly things like brads and gems, however i would like to expand this a little.

hope i have been some help!!

how about you?! what are some of your favs?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

well i'm quite the challenge junkie! i am involved in sooo many, they are in my signature....and i'm also about to add the TUV challenge!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• Tina scraps Said:

I have to share this. Some of you have heard my crazy stories about my family, but this is a nice. The younger of my 2 brothers (he's 23) moved to California a year ago, because his gf was homesick. Well, his gf just dumped him, because some on-again/off-again guy has reentered her life, yet again (sounds like he does this whenever he's on the rebound, but she's not my problem. and did I mention she's 30?). My brother was actually mature enough (or maybe naive enough) to suggest couples counseling, which they did once, but she clearly wasn't into it. When my mom told me that Brian had called her, crying, to tell her about it, we knew it was bad, cause he would never do that. So I sent him a txt msg that has opened up a whole new world of communication between us. The abbreviated version is he thought I didn't care because he never heard from me, and I thought he didn't care so I didn't bother communicating with him. Turns out we were both wrong, and have been calling/exchanging text messages since. He's called me to talk to him because "I'm his big sister and a highly intelligent person to talk to" (my draw jopped), and even said "I love you" at which point I nearly cried.

Brian is 12 years younger than me. I took care of him so much when he was a baby, that I felt like he could have been mine, and was very attached. Of course I went to college and we all grew up and away, especially with the large age difference, which I've felt particularly sad about the last couple of years. But it seems like we're making progress! Now to work on the other brother, who's more and more depressed because he still doesn't have a job.

happy to hear that your relationship is getting stronger! i always wish i had a brother. i have 2 sisters and a cousin that's basically a sister and we have our quarrels now and then but i'm thankful that it's never gotten too bad.

hope things work out for your brothers!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to JMorales

• JMorales Said:

good luck! crossing my fingers... and eyes... and toes... and legs... ok ok everything is crossed!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to littleMRSimelda

thought I'd share a layout I finished:

Me, I want a hula hoop By Tina Scraps

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:

Sweet family story...actually made me tear up. When my mom passed away last year, I had a similar experience with my brother and father. It has changed things for me a lot! I'm so happy for you!

JMorales
Guru
JMorales

• littleMRSimelda Said:
  • JMorales Said:

good luck! crossing my fingers... and eyes... and toes... and legs... ok ok everything is crossed!!

haha thanks!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to JMorales

Tina...are you willing to cross everything for Jessica too?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

ya join the pretzel club

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I wouldn't mind crossing it all for you Jessica!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

and for the record, I can't actually hula hoop. it fell down as soon as I took my hands off, lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
Tina...are you willing to cross everything for Jessica too?

lmao you troublemaker!I'll cross most things

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I try to stir stuff up, don't I???

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:

don't stir too hard, you might end up with another kid :P

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-04-11 05:13 PM

Deb, honey, I thought we agreed it was a firefighter with a techie nerdy side.........

She never listens to me...........

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-04-11 05:14 PM
In response to vawm

Rachel, I am doing both the challenges you mentioned 20/20 and TUV.
Well that is if I start doing anything at all this month. LOL!
I am working on a canvas and a mini that you all will have to vote for over at Scrappy Chic Cafe as your favorite, even over Deb and Mel! I send chocolate. Anyway more on that in the middle of the month!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• Tina scraps Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! I'm laughing all the way to the obstetrician's office...just kidding!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

don't you mean to the drug store for the test, where the pharmacist will call your dh and congratulate him before you make it home?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

LOL! I am going to go now...I am tired but we are gonna rent a scary movie...that will wake me up!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:01 PM
In response to JMorales

• JMorales Said:

Conratulations Nikilynn!

Ohhhhh Jessica.. I love that!!!! That is soon going to be me!!!!! Hee~hee!!!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:03 PM

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
Well, I'll talk to you gorgeous ladies later.. I have to get back to work... I'm so excited though... I don't know if do anything!!!!! I just wanna talk all day

Love you ALL .... MMMMUUUUUAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

how is that different from usual? j/k

I know huh??? I never shut up... I stil have ALL that Cheerleader in me!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:04 PM
In response to JMorales

• JMorales Said:

Oooooo I'm saying a prayer and keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Hey Nikilynn! Did you get all my PM's???

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:08 PM

• Tina scraps Said:

Oh Tina... I am SOOOO happy to read posts like this.. there is hope!!! There is ALWAYS HOPE!!!! Much love to you girl!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:09 PM

• Tina scraps Said:
thought I'd share a layout I finished:

Me, I want a hula hoop By Tina Scraps

What a great and fun LO!!!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
Well, I'll talk to you gorgeous ladies later.. I have to get back to work... I'm so excited though... I don't know if do anything!!!!! I just wanna talk all day

I know, me too!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:10 PM

• Tina scraps Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:

Oh girl... you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:11 PM
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
I am working on a canvas and a mini that you all will have to vote for over at Scrappy Chic Cafe as your favorite, even over Deb and Mel! I send chocolate. Anyway more on that in the middle of the month!

I can't wait to see the finish projects... you really do some amazing work!!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:12 PM

• thinkpink22 Said:
Hey Nikilynn! Did you get all my PM's???

Ohhhhh I did!!!!! I sent you a couple of texts

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:13 PM

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:

I know, me too!!!

Twins FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:14 PM
In response to 888

How are you girls doing tonight????

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:18 PM
In response to 888

Here are some questions for everyone:

What is your favorite season?

What place would you love to go and visit?

What kind of music to you listen to?

What are you most afraid of?

What is your favorite movie?

What is your sign?

What do you collect?

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:24 PM
In response to 888

Pink of course

What is your favorite season?

The Spring time.. I love when the grass gets green, the flowers come to life ... I love it!!!

What place would you love to go and visit?

I would LOVE to go to Egypt some day... that is my dream!!!

What kind of music to you listen to?

I'm an 80's girl still!!! I love Duran Duran, Go-Go's, Madonna, Poison, Van Halen... I like country too.

I'm afraid of Bridges... I'm afraid of drowning

I can't pick one, I have three
Breakfast Club
Sixteen Canles
Grease
( See I told you I was still an 80's girl)

What is your sign?

I'm a Libra ... and I weigh out every decision!!!

What do you collect?

Hmmmmmm... that is the toughest question.... Hello Kitty!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

What is your favorite color? PINK

What is your favorite season? Winter and I love fall too!

What place would you love to go and visit? Europe...that's my dream!

What kind of music to you listen to? Pretty much all except rap...

What are you most afraid of? Rats!!!

Many...steel magnolias, pretty woman, butterfly effect, notebook, the count of monte cristo, pay day, and I honestly just watched this movie called the experiment and loved it! love thrillers but I love all types really. I am not big into action ones...but I'll watch them. I LOVE it when the end of the movie just shocks you to death!

What is your sign? I'm a leo

What do you collect? I collect willow tree figurines...and children!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 10-04-11 06:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:26 PM
In response to 888

Am I talking to myself????? Wouldn't be the first time!!!!! (nor the last hee~hee)

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:27 PM
In response to 888

OOOOO those are some good movies!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:32 PM
In response to 888

I wonder where the sweet Rebecca has been ... I hope she is OK!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:32 PM
In response to 888

I am going to text Jackie tomorrow... just make sure that she is doing OK and is kicking butt in Nursing School!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

I am talking to you girl! Do I count?

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:37 PM

Of course you count!!!! You know that!!!!! Muuuaaahhh!!!!!!!!!! (Opps I better not kiss you .... Rebecca might get mad at me)

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-11 06:40 PM
In response to 888

Rachie.. I sure hate to keep bugging you.... but my mum wants to know.... If June is a good time to visit London?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to 888

Nikilynn do you like 38 special?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

i'm here too... just adding to my wish list

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-04-11 06:49 PM
In response to 888

What is your favorite color? Royal blue

What is your favorite season? Fall

What place would you love to go and visit? I want to go back to England again. I haven't been for a long time!

What kind of music to you listen to? 80's and I love Maroon 5 and Adam Levine, Taio Cruz, and lots of the other contemporary pop artists. I have an 11 y/o, so I have to stay cool!

What are you most afraid of? Running out of money

What is your favorite movie? I adore disney animated movies.

What is your sign? I am a Virgo

What do you collect? Art supplies, vintage English pottery that is called Torquay mottowares, china, vintage photos.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

I am doing a) and b). How about you?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to 888

What is your favorite color? i loove pink and yellow

What is your favorite season? i'll have to say summer or fall because i hate the cold winter and the allergies in the spring

What place would you love to go and visit? i'd love to visit China. My grandfather was raised in hong kong and i've never been. i'd also love to travel to Australia

What kind of music to you listen to? i like pop, hip hop, reggae, reggaton,

being lonely

shawshank redemption
old school
inception

What is your sign?
scorpio

What do you collect?
little collectable spoons from places i have visited or places others have visited that i'd like to go to.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Tina scraps Said:

Loved hearing about this reconnect with your little bro! So good to see you back here this round I was missing you somehing fierce!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• thinkpink22 Said:
LOL! I am going to go now...I am tired but we are gonna rent a scary movie...that will wake me up!

Are you watching a scary movie w/o me!!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to scrapbrarian

I thought I would share this one about the music.

Cool Bands By Sassy Suzi

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

What is your favorite color? black

What is your favorite season? summer

What place would you love to go and visit? Austrailia

What kind of music to you listen to? all kinds, love country best

What is your favorite movie? The 6 hour A&E version of Pride and Prejudice w/ Colin Firth

What is your sign?
Cancer

What do you collect?
Postcards and scrapping supplies!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

TinaScraps - thanks for the help today.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hi Nikilynn Thanks for missing me! Just super busy with work again this week although I'll be off Friday because I worked last weekend and I AM SCRAPPING ALL DAY!

Congrats on the bonus! Shop til you drop!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Okay off to bed now, early work day tomorrow. Sweet dreams all!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

night rebecca

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Sleep Pretty!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Hey Ladies! I'm all caught up now! Boy, I can't go anywhere or I'm 8 pages behind! Here is another Halloween-y thing I made today:

Halloween Rockstar Flowers (Halloween Swap) By Megan Ann

Going to go back and reply to some of the posts before I fall asleep at my computer...

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

Oh Tina... I am SOOOO happy to read posts like this.. there is hope!!! There is ALWAYS HOPE!!!! Much love to you girl!!!

Tina!!! I am just sooo happy for you and your brother!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

What is your favorite color? As my big sis already shows knowledge of--RAINBOW!!!!

What is your favorite season? Fall in the Northeast. I like cool weather!

What place would you love to go and visit? Israel, of course!

What kind of music to you listen to? Top 40, Hip Hop/R&B, Folk, & Beatles/Harry Chapin/Jimmy Buffett/Phil Ochs & lots of other "older" (don't hit me!) artists

What are you most afraid of? failure

What is your favorite movie? hmmmm...I don't have one really..BUT my FAVORITE T.V. show is BONES!!!! I love The L Word too!

What is your sign? Libra!

What do you collect? scrapbooking supplies!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

OK, I am going now! Nighty night!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Miss Doodles ......... WE ARE WAITING.... HOW WAS THE COFFEE DATE????????? Leave NO details out!!!

Okay okay. Well, we had coffee....LOL!!! No actually I had coffee, he had tea. He's a bit of a Brit. Rachel will like that one.

Just a little touch of the accent here and there. His parents are from England, but he was born in California. They moved back to England though for a lot of years when he was younger. I'm not sure how many.

He's really nice, very casual, not super cute. LOL!! But he has a cuteness about him if that makes sense. He's really easy to talk to also. Mostly that's what we did was talk.

He has a boat he keeps in a marina near Clearwater, about 2 hours away and he likes to drive there and spend some time on his boat and go to a Tiki bar. Sounds like a really peaceful relaxing time.

We're going to go out for dinner soon. Didn't really set a date, but he said that next time we'd have to go out for dinner. I really did like him.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Awesome! Thanks ladies! I was just concerned because I think I'm the only one from Canada

You can also send it to one of the other girls and have them send it to her if you just send the extra postage. I've done that before.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
thank you for the love girls!!!

Tina, I'm not sure about that one yet. He's been here the past 2 weeks and things are fine, but he's messy!!! Every time he gets a drink he gets a new glass. He comes with a DOG!!! He had clothes in the utility room constantly. I will cook more now. But, I'm hoping by the beginning of next year he'll be ready to get a place of his own again.

On the plus side he does everything I ask him to do. Mow the grass, take out the trash, pick his clothes up out of the bathroom floor. LOL!!!

OH, and btw girls, I have a coffee date this afternoon. It's a guy I've been talking to online for awhile. He's been in India. He works 5 weeks out of the country and 5 weeks off. My kind of guy. LOL!!! Plus he's a computer tech. (swoon) I'll let you know how it goes.

You're swooning over a computer tech person? Is that just so you can get him to fix your computer when things go wrong? Sounds like a geek to me!!! You want someone who can do wining and dining and flowers and candlelight and romance - forget fixing your software (or maybe fixing your SOFTware is whats needed)!!

Sounds good to me. LOL!!! But why can't I have all the above?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Hey Ladies! I'm all caught up now! Boy, I can't go anywhere or I'm 8 pages behind! Here is another Halloween-y thing I made today:

Going to go back and reply to some of the posts before I fall asleep at my computer...

wow!! Megan i loove these! are they for the mmm swap?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
Miss Doodles ......... WE ARE WAITING.... HOW WAS THE COFFEE DATE????????? Leave NO details out!!!

Okay okay. Well, we had coffee....LOL!!! No actually I had coffee, he had tea. He's a bit of a Brit. Rachel will like that one.

Just a little touch of the accent here and there. His parents are from England, but he was born in California. They moved back to England though for a lot of years when he was younger. I'm not sure how many.

He's really nice, very casual, not super cute. LOL!! But he has a cuteness about him if that makes sense. He's really easy to talk to also. Mostly that's what we did was talk.

He has a boat he keeps in a marina near Clearwater, about 2 hours away and he likes to drive there and spend some time on his boat and go to a Tiki bar. Sounds like a really peaceful relaxing time.

We're going to go out for dinner soon. Didn't really set a date, but he said that next time we'd have to go out for dinner. I really did like him.

Deb, sounds like a really nice date! you didnt mention about the end of the night though... was he a gentleman, just a kiss on the cheek?!!?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• littleMRSimelda Said:
  • Megan Ann Said:

wow!! Megan i loove these! are they for the mmm swap?

nah, they are about 5 inches, so too big for the MMMs. But if I have time to make an extra before I send my MMMs in I will stick one in my envie and ask Cassondra to send it to you with your MMMs.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
Awesome! Thanks ladies! I was just concerned because I think I'm the only one from Canada

You can also send it to one of the other girls and have them send it to her if you just send the extra postage. I've done that before.

sneaky sneaky!!! im going to have to take some lessons!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Megan, only if you have time... dont lose sleep over it. although they are super cool!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• thinkpink22 Said:
But I think we need a challenge on here for the ladies in this swap!~(and of course the ladies that hang out with us every round...Rebecca )
Tres~ I did draw a winner and it was Debbie so if you would send her a gift, that would be awesome! I forgot for so long, I'm sorry! Congrats Debbie!

And now, Doodles, the challenge is up to you or I can host a new one. Please just pm me the challenge so I can remember to post it on page 1 for everyone to see!

That's funny because I was just wondering what ever happened to that challenge. Okay, I'll think of one. Give me until tomorrow okay. It's midnight and I'm sure all my faculties are working properly. LOL!!

And for whoever ask, I'm doing Suzi's challenge. There's no way I'd ever attempt to do Rosita's. I might do 1 or 2 Lo's a month!!

Jessica, good luck to your hubby!! I know how stressful that can be.

Nikilynn, congrats to you girl!!!Can't wait to meet you at the next retreat!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Deb, honey, I thought we agreed it was a firefighter with a techie nerdy side.........

She never listens to me...........

Well until someone introduces me to a hunky firefighter I'll guess I'll have to fake it till I make it. LOL!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:

Oh darn!!! You beat me to the punch on that one!! I guess I'll have to come up with a really good bribe.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Tina, that's a really touching story about you and your brother. I think you're the perfect sister to offer him some guidance too. Sounds like he a really sweet sensitive guy and he deserves better than the lady that keeps dumping him.

Imelda, no kiss. Just a nice hug. We both had to leave at about 4:30. He had to go do something with his daughter and I had plans with my sister in law. So the date was only a few hours which was a great amount of time I think to get to know each other a bit.

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

• Deb-doodle Said:
Mel, I'm so happy everything is going well for Rafe's surgery. I pray that the surgery works. That poor little baby should have to go through such traumatic seizures. I just want to cry every time I think of that poor baby having those.

I had the picnic with all the grands. It was Brooke's idea though. Even little baby Drake was there. He's sitting up now so it was fun for him.

Aww thanks Deb. I'm the same way. I can barely even talk aboiut it without tears...I just pray now that the surgery actually works so our little Rafer won't have to suffer anymore...and so it won't be so hard for him to learn new things.
Thanks Rachel, Tina, Nikilyn, Tres and everyone else...we're very very happy! I'm hoping my new management team will understand and be okay with me going to West Virginia for the surgery. I cna't miss it!

Kimberly girl that sounds like a painful accident that to your hand. I bet its frustrating! So sorry girl...

Trish, I'm GREEN with envy of all your world travels! I bet you ARE tired..I haven't had a real vacation in too long! Well, the Wesst Palm Beach trip wass the last almosst-vacation Ive been on! I need to plan one and soon!

Tina, how's it going girl? Feels like I haven't talked to you in forever...

It's so great to see everyone claiming their sisters! i love this part of the swap! Kimberly and Nikilyn, thank you so much for hosting!

youvegotmel
Diva
youvegotmel

• littleMRSimelda Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:

Deb, sounds like a really nice date! you didnt mention about the end of the night though... was he a gentleman, just a kiss on the cheek?!!?

Deb, this guy sounds like a good one...possibly a keeper!? He's gonna fall in love with you once he spends a bit of time with you (who wouldnt???) so be prepared!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to Ariannas big sis

• Ariannas big sis Said:
  • Ariwass Said:
  • Ariannas big sis Said:
Well Arianna,
I am here to claim you as my little sister! I will be having fun getting to know you on here. I am looking forward to spoiling you! Anything special you really want? Have a happy Monday!

Hi there Big Sister!!! Hope you are having a good Monday as well! I can't think of anything specific I really want. I will be delighted with whatever you get me.

Well then, I'm going to have fun picking out things for you for sure! Hope you are having a wonderful day little sis!

Thanks big sister! Just got back tonight from San Antonio Texas. Kids have school in the morning and I have lovely work! Well at least it's a short week for me.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to youvegotmel

Mel - From what I am hearing about the new Girl Scout program, I just am shocked at some of the changes. I am glad that I am not on staff, some of the things coming from the upper management here is not right, dishonest and not based on what JL had in mind. However, since I am a Lifetime Member I do want the 100th anniversary pin.

I hope you will be happy with your new job and a lot less stress. Good Luck!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:

That is the best sort of news Tina. How really truly heartwarming - it made me all teary to read it. So thankful that you sent that text, hey?!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Spoiling Rachel

• Spoiling Rachel Said:
Hello Rachel!!

Would you like a hint? I am doing a few challenges this month. Perhaps one of the ones you mentioned...

Thats not a hint unless I know you are definitely doing one of the ones I mentioned! Come on - spill the beans! As Pink would say - lets start with your first name!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Gotta go to work - wish I could sit here and catch up! Reminder to self - start at the top of p23!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

What is your favorite color? Blue or Brown, depends on the day

What is your favorite season? Fall

What place would you love to go and visit? I have two on my bucket list: London and Australia

What kind of music to you listen to?Obviously a HUGE fan of Dave Matthews Band (I'm beyond a groupie), I LOVE OAR almost as much, Pearl Jam, Zach Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Three Days Grace, Seether, Dispatch, Taylor Swift, and I'm a closet Miley Cyrus fan lol I'm into almost every type of music in some way or another.

What are you most afraid of?Insects that jump...seriously I will RUN from cricket. They're so unpredictable!

What is your favorite movie? There's a few...I'm a sucker for music movies:
Dirty Dancing
Grease 1 & 2
Walk the Line
Beaches

What is your sign? Sagitterius (sp?)

What do you collect?Scrapbooking supplies and Pretty as a Picture figurines

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to scrappindmbfan

I'm lovin reading all the polls...so much fun to get to know everyone better!

I gotta try to catch up quick here...work calls.

Jessica~ I also have everything crossed! Hope it goes great!

Tina~ The story about your family was so great and heart warming. I'm so glad its working out.

Niki~Congratulations on winning the bid! So glad all the hard work paid off! Enjoy that bonus check!

Deb~Sounds like your date went wonderfully!

Ok I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody. I'll try to check back in tonight!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

the thread is definitely heating up now that the round has actually started. no time to catch up this am, so have to do it later. it's career fair day, which means it's going to be craaazzzyyyy. and because of construction in the bldg we use, we have to arrange some logistics differently, and it's going to be really complicated and create lots of crowding in some spots. oi vey!

have a good day.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

• Tina scraps Said:

What a wonderful story, so happy you are both reconnecting.

My brother and I used to fight like cats and dogs when we were kids, but I am happy to say we have a pretty good relationship as adults.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Sherrenae

Holy Batman ladies...slow down I just had to read 10 pages to get all caught up!

Congrats Nikilynn on winning the bid!

Jessica I am keeping my fingers crossed for your hubby's interview on Thursday.

Rachel I am in the ABC challenge, the 20/20 challenge and Tinand's Use Your Supplies challenge.

Tina it is amazing how a little gesture can change a relationship! It's so wonderful that you are reconnecting with your brother. Sounds like they both could use a big sister/confidant right now.

Megan your Halloween embellies are great!

Michelle is your daughter feeling better? How was the vet appointment?

Rebecca yeah for a Friday full of scrapping!

Imelda you can get really sneaky with the packages. I had Rachel for one round and I sent everything to my sister in the UK and then she sent them on to Rachel. I even had my sister send out postcards from Europe to her. That was really fun

I spent the morning yesterday trimming trees and hauling everything to the compost pile. It was nice to see eveything done but now I'm a bit stiff this morning.

Debbie I will send you out a RAK on Friday!

Happy Wednesday all!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to parisdame

Wow, Happy Hump Day, can you say catch up????
I will try.
Tina what a great text and now a relationship with your brother. My brother and I get along fine when we are together but don't have a thing in common. I think I will text him today because of you:)
Rachel I am a big challenge junkie. I'm doing Suzi's TUV, in fact I'm done with that one.
Jessica I've joined the pretel club with everything crossed and praying this is the one.
Deb Sounds like a nice date, now on to dinner and a more juicy one -wink wink
Favorite color depends on the day, right now teal
Favorite Season Fall-I love jeans and sweatshirt weather and the beautiful trees
Place to visit-anywhere, I love to travel
Music I'm an 80's gal too, but love 90's country
Afraid of dying a painful death, my children not succeeding, bees, spiders, rats, bats, mice....
Sign I don't follow, but I'm on the Virgo/Leo line
Collect scrapping supplies, clutter and dust:)

Edited by tinadn on 10-05-11 05:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

What is your favorite color? Orange, lime green, pink, oh I just love all colors.

What is your favorite season? Spring

What place would you love to go and visit? Ireland, Scotland, Sweden, and all the states.

What kind of music to you listen to? I like hard rock, country, blues, some pop. Pearl Jam, Nickelback, Audioslave, etc etc.

What are you most afraid of? Something happening to one of my kids or grandkids. Other than that, not much scares me.

Armageddon
Boondock Saints
U571
The Professional
Duets
Thelma & Louise
A long kiss goodnight
Just a few I can watch over and over!!

What is your sign? Sagittarius

What do you collect? I used to collect dolls, now in addition to scrappy supplies I guess I collect unique chickens/birds. Not real ones!!!! LOL!! Maybe birdhouses.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-05-11 06:53 AM

Okay, just got caught up.
Deb, this guy sounds nice. I am glad...... even if he isn't a firefighter........
I am loving reading the answers to the questions.
Have a great day everyone. More from me later.

Kimberly#1_Bigsis
New Kid On the Block
Kimberly#1_Bigsis

Good Morning to my little sister Kimberly#1!!

I hope you have a wonderful day! I hope you are feeling better. When do you go back to the doctor's for a check up on your stitches?

Love,
Big sister

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Kimberly#1_Bigsis

Ok big sis, so I have been adding to my wishlist like crazy! Let me know if you need more.

Ok so I have a few questions for everyone too:
How do you work? Random projects here and there or a project/album start to finish?

What is your fav technique?

What are you currently working on?

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Saw this posted in another thread. Nikilynn, I thought you'd like it!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Oh I forgot to mention that the coffee/tea computer tech guy went to college in England when his parents lived there. Accounts for the bit of British Brogue.

For your questions Imelda:

I work randomly. Whatever suits my fancy at the time.

My favorite technique is...... ummmmmm...... I like a lot of them. Inking, distressing the paper edges, layering, fussy cutting, oh, I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

I'm currently working on getting my house in shape. LOL!!!! Been a slacker too long and with my son moving in I have to get all the grandkid stuff out of the guest room. I have a closet and dresser full of clothes for them.

In fact when they were here last weekend they told Jarrod that that was their room. LOL!!! And 'in fact', it always has been.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to youvegotmel

• youvegotmel Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:

Deb, this guy sounds like a good one...possibly a keeper!? He's gonna fall in love with you once he spends a bit of time with you (who wouldnt???) so be prepared!

Now this is true...I spent a week with her alone and I fell in love with her!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Imelda~I had to go see your wish list that you've been adding too! I love to browse everyone's lists...that is a great way to add to your own...check someone else's out and add add add! Love some of your items...not sure if they are new or old but your big sis said you didn't have much at all on it before, so you've made a big improvement!

Page 5 of 38 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics