Username Post: SWAP ENDED...PLEASE DELETE        (Topic#1563873)
Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

for those of you kindle users, did you know that you can finally get "books" from the library on your kindle? of course there are only a limited number of licenses available at any given time, which means you still have to put a hold on the more recent books and wait your turn, but I was able to get a book i wanted to read. they deactivate or erase or something when the lending period is over.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Imeldas big sis

• Imeldas big sis Said:
  • thinkpink22 Said:
Imelda~I had to go see your wish list that you've been adding too! I love to browse everyone's lists...that is a great way to add to your own...check someone else's out and add add add! Love some of your items...not sure if they are new or old but your big sis said you didn't have much at all on it before, so you've made a big improvement!

you mean the superstore has something that *isn't* on your wish list? hehe

I will have you know that every time I add 100 items, I delete at least 2!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Hi big sis!!!!

How are you today? What did you do?
I have dabbled in distressing but would really really like to try for the more grunge effect.
There aren't really any Ss stores I shop at besides Michaels and walmart. There are lots of stores in toronto but I have yet to discover them, and itd still be about an hour drive.

I like to read mystery/suspenmse books.
I like dean koontz, dan brown sort of books. The books these ladies have been discussing sound gooood! Have you read them?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to littleMRSimelda

Imelda~you and I like the same kind of books! I'm all about thrillers! I love dean koontz books.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Just sayin hi real quick between batches of paperwork. Blah!!!

Rachel, have you considered using your rotary blade trimmer for your pics? I have 2 trimmers, one for pics and one for paper. You can cut so many pics with a blade that will shred your paper but still work fine for pictures. As soon as I cut a picture with a blade its useless for paper. So one for each is much better.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-06-11 05:45 PM
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
Just sayin hi real quick between batches of paperwork. Blah!!!

Rachel, have you considered using your rotary blade trimmer for your pics? I have 2 trimmers, one for pics and one for paper. You can cut so many pics with a blade that will shred your paper but still work fine for pictures. As soon as I cut a picture with a blade its useless for paper. So one for each is much better.

Good luck with all that paper work! I am paying bills... Another Blah!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I do the same thing Doodles 2 trimmers, one for pics and one for paper, in fact I think I got the idea from you!

Hi Sweet Pink, I think it's totally cool for you to have 2 big sisters and 2 little sisters. I need to go see what you have on your wish list and add to mine. Not that I am shopping these days but it's still fun to window shop. BTW I have about used up that great 'Made in America' paper pack you sent for my birthday. Absolutely loved it!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to scrapbrarian

I never thought of having two - EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TWO ALREADY!! Is it photos that blunt the blade quickest? I dont cut photos often, but of course sometimes you do need to get them trimmed. Anyway, I have one more blade in hand for the Fiskars, so I'll work on it. It isnt the super duper version that you had at the retreat, Debs, but it does have the arm that comes out and helps with measuring. What I dont like is that the wire along which the blade runs, is quite difficult to see where the cut is going to be - but I'm getting used to it. I like the other little gadget that allows you to put a fold in the cardstock though - like a bonefolder. Good gadget!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Who makes 'Made in America' Rebecca - I saw it on your last lo and I really like it too!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

My lo of Pink with the huge glass was just featured on the home page - I'm all excited!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

Good morning ladies! Any big plans for the weekend?

My husband is a member of the Knights of Columbus and they are having a dinner/dance Sat. night and my youngest has a dirtbike race on Sunday about an hour from here. It is by the river so will be pretty to see the leaves changing.

Tina I did know about the library for Kindle users. I need to check ours out to see if I can do it with my tablet.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Morning! I'm off today (YEAH!) I'm heading to a weekend crop in a few hours. I still have a ton of packing to do still too. I'm looking forward to it though. I'm hoping to get quite a bit done. I haven't scrapped in awhile.

Here's my answers to Pink's questions (I have another set of questions to go back and find also):

1. Give me the top 5 things on your wishlist that you would like to have most. (wouldn't it be great if sb.com let you put items in order of what you would like most!)
1. Co'ordinations color tags
2. BG Indie Bloom Papers
3. Melissa Frances Chipboard Backdrops
4. Crafter's workshop Templates
5. Canvas corp burlap shapes and corrugated tiles

2. Name 3 things that aren't scrapbook related that you would enjoy receiving.
(i) A donation to the Puppy Rescue Mission. They help bring the dogs to the US that have been saved/befriended by soldiers in Afghanistan. Some really heart warming stories, all with happy endings I can get you the info if you're interested.
(ii)A gift card to Subway or McDs so I can eat out for lunch at work. It's so nice to get out of the office, but I usually brown bag it and read.
(iii) A gift card for Amazon

3. Would you enjoy a hand-made item? Of course!

4. What is the main color/colors in your scraproom/studio? My scraproom is a corner of my extremely outdated living room. It's plain old 1970s paneling lol

5. What is your favorite scent? I not able to do perfume do to allergies, but I LOVE scented body wash. I love fruity scents!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to mysisternancyrocks

• mysisternancyrocks Said:
I see I missed my lil sis Nancy a couple pags back...you girls are moving fast on the thread...it's hard to keep up!
Nancy, I'm so glad you answered Nikilyn's questionaire ! gives me some great insight and ideas for your montly surprises!
I hope you're having a week full of hugs and laughs!

Hi big sis!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to scrappindmbfan

Here's that other set of questions:

How do you work? I work on pages in a random order, It's mostly based on if I find a LO or sketch that I think fit pictures I have.

What is your fav technique? I don't do a lot of techniques on my pages. I do some tearing and inking. I also have fun playing with glimmer mist :)

What are you currently working on? I'm working on several albums. I'm always working on my kids' albums. I started scrapping when my kids were pre-teens so I'll never catch up on them. I'm also working diligently on my DMB album and I have an album for the Blackhawks Stanley cup win that I'm almost finished with. I also always like making card for From our Hearts

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to scrappindmbfan

http://flowerstoflourishe s.com/

Check out all these awesome stamps. For cheap too!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I never thought of having two - EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TWO ALREADY!! Is it photos that blunt the blade quickest? I dont cut photos often, but of course sometimes you do need to get them trimmed. Anyway, I have one more blade in hand for the Fiskars, so I'll work on it. It isnt the super duper version that you had at the retreat, Debs, but it does have the arm that comes out and helps with measuring. What I dont like is that the wire along which the blade runs, is quite difficult to see where the cut is going to be - but I'm getting used to it. I like the other little gadget that allows you to put a fold in the cardstock though - like a bonefolder. Good gadget!

Yes, the pictures really do a number on the blades. The blade will work fine on pictures but you can never use it on paper again!!!

I usually use my old blades for my pictures. They work great for that.

I sent your prize out the other day. If I'd known you needed blades I would have thrown a few packs in there. Sorry. But I did include a little something in there that I think will make your taste buds quiver. LOL!!

Edited by Deb-doodle on 10-07-11 04:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Gotta go get dressed and clean my kitchen table off for the auditor. I hope they owe me this year instead of me owing them. Wish me luck!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Who makes 'Made in America' Rebecca - I saw it on your last lo and I really like it too!

Rachel it's actually called "American Made" by My Minds's Eye, and sb.com doesn't carry it.

Edited by scrapbrarian on 10-07-11 04:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Rachel I have a few paper trimmers and I just got a tip the other day about turning the blade thingy when it dulls.

Rebecca I was just mentioning about how sb.com doesn't carry October Afternoon stuff and their Sidewalks and Very Merry collections are so cute! You would think that they would carry anything by My Minds Eye...their stuff is always so beautiful.

Debs when is the next date with the Brit?

Victoria I love your canvas work! Very nice.

What is everyone up to for the weekend?

megans_bigsis
Tenant
megans_bigsis
In response to 888

Hi sweet sister Megan!

I am starting to shop for you I'm unable to see your wishlist at tattered angels. Would you be willing to make a list of the colors you want? Not making any guarantees, as I have LOTS of other options

May your weekend be full of rainbows

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Deb-doodle Said:
Gotta go get dressed and clean my kitchen table off for the auditor. I hope they owe me this year instead of me owing them. Wish me luck!

maybe you *shouldn't* get dressed - but still clean off the table *winkwink*

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Ooo that's a good way to get out of an audit. Work it deb!! Hehehee

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-07-11 08:49 AM

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

Oh my gosh Tina, I am glad you are back and still "got it"!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

oh believe me, "it" definitely hasn't gone anywhere lol

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-07-11 10:18 AM

Well, it's offical... I have two sick ones at home... Dave and Selena both have strep throat...which means, I'll be at home all weekend.... playing nurse!! Poor things!!

But, maybe I can get my scrap on!!!!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to 888

It's FRIDAY!!!! And I am so happy about that because it has been a [email protected] morning. I misplaced a sweets catalog I need to finish a construction list I have been through the whole house and can not find it

So this is my break after a head banging morning

Tina: Thanks for the library Kindle info... I going to check with my local library.

Niki: Good luck dear! Nothing worse than a sick husband. May the force be with you this weekend.

My weekend will be spent working. I not only have to play vacation catch up but I am going out of town again on Thursday so I need to get next weeks work done as well. Does it ever end?

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-07-11 10:51 AM
In response to megans_bigsis

1. Give me the top 5 things on your wishlist that you would like to have most. (wouldn't it be great if sb.com let you put items in order of what you would like most!)
1. Prima any of the Journaling Notecards
2. Smooch Vanilla Spray
3. Anything blingy
4. I-Rock Metal Accents
5. The 12 x 12 Rock n' Roll Album

(i) Anything homemade
(ii) Anything Hello Kitty
(iii) Anything Pink

3. Would you enjoy a hand-made item? I would L*O*V*E it!!!!

4. What is the main color/colors in your scraproom/studio? My scraproom is Pink / Black / White

5. What is your favorite scent? I like Fruity smells!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-07-11 10:51 AM
In response to 888

Thanks Trisha... it isn't Selena I'm worried about ... it is my hubby.... The BIG baby!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-07-11 10:59 AM

How do you work?
I work in ramdom order... I wish I could stick to ONE thing at a time... but it all depends on my mood.

What is your fav technique?
I'm not too sure if I have a FAVORITE technique ... I like a lot of them... it depends on the picture(s) I'm scrapping

What are you currently working on?
I'm working on a 7 Gypsies Envelop Album, on a chipboard album and a Disneyland album

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

sounds like something my DH would say to me
sorry if TMI

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

sorry if TMI

Don't worry... Mine too! That's his answer to everything!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

Well that might have been a good idea if she hadn't been female and married to a male. LOL!!

Anyway the deeds are done. Thank you lord. I owe IRS of course. I knew that was coming but only because I didn't pay in yet for last year. Bruce did while he was working though. I just filled out paperwork and faxed it in for a mortgage modification. Hopefully that will go through. Cross your fingers for me. That could very well be a lifesaver.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Good luck Deb. I don't understand all that kind of stuff, but I do hope it turns out well for you.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I think I'm going to go see my boys from Hazzard Kounty play tonight at the Winter Garden music festival. They go on at 8:30. I guess I'm going solo. I could invite heeeeeummmm, but, well, I'd rather go solo. LOL!!! Who knows who a tall redheaded girl might meet at a music festival. hahaha!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Good luck Deb. I don't understand all that kind of stuff, but I do hope it turns out well for you.

Thank you Tina. All I know is that it could reduce my mortgage payment and that's about all I need to know. LOL!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

let us know how tonight goes...maybe you could use that table after all

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-07-11 01:20 PM

• Deb-doodle Said:
I think I'm going to go see my boys from Hazzard Kounty play tonight at the Winter Garden music festival. They go on at 8:30. I guess I'm going solo. I could invite heeeeeummmm, but, well, I'd rather go solo. LOL!!! Who knows who a tall redheaded girl might meet at a music festival. hahaha!!

What about your English Computer guy friend? This might be a good test of his mettle!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

What about your English Computer guy friend? This might be a good test of his mettle!

Tina, that's too funny. You must have forgotten that my son moved back in. And his pit bull. LOL!!

Victoria, I'm not sure I feel comfortable enough with this guy yet to let out my wild side. I can't let him see me acting like a dancing banana.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-07-11 02:00 PM

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • vawm Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

Tina, that's too funny. You must have forgotten that my son moved back in. And his pit bull. LOL!!

Victoria, I'm not sure I feel comfortable enough with this guy yet to let out my wild side. I can't let him see me acting like a dancing banana.

Heck, I've never seen you act like a !

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

sorry if TMI

you clearly haven't seen some of my posts, if you feel you have to say that! lol

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
My lo of Pink with the huge glass was just featured on the home page - I'm all excited!!

I saw that one in your gallery and loved your design!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Debbie~have fun....let the guy's dancing banana work on you!

Oh, my gosh, I misread that...you were talking about YOU being the dancing banana!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I worked on my dressform for about 8 hours yesterday and I don't like it today at all. Nothing was done permenately so it can be changed...but 8 hours are now gone. I actually started hanging ribbons all over the skirt part but it has such a gorgeous design on the skirt that I didn't want the ribbons to cover it up, so then I hung them but put them in behind the metal. I did it in colors but I think I need to take them all off and just do them in white and pink alternating...since the dress form is black, that would be perfect with my colors. What do you all think?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Kimberly, I'm not sure what you're talking about. You're decorating a dress form for your scrap room, is that right?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Yes...I bought a big dress form that is taller than me. I am using it to hold ribbon and also as a decoration in my studio

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

It is amazing how much ribbon it can store and it's sad how much ribbon I still have unstored!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I did organize and store a bunch of ribbon like Debbie does on those little pieces of plastic and the boxes. I have four filled that way. Then I got tired of winding and put the rest in a couple of drawers annd that was okay too.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

my ribbon is easy enough to contain. 1 small plastic container and one small zip pouch, with the ribbon on these chipboard wraps. but I don't have patience for winding it all up either!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Kimberly can you take a pic and show us what you have done with it so far?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I wound up hours and hours of ribbon storage...Debbie likes to do it, so I kept thinking the more I did it, the better I would like it. Wait, I'm thinking about something else, and that thought didn't turn out for me with either "hobby"

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Kimberly can you take a pic and show us what you have done with it so far?

I can but it's dark now...I'll take one tomorrow and show you all...okay?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

okie dokie

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tinadn

How are you Tina?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

the both of you Tina's

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Doing good. I came into my scraproom to reorganize. I thought I'd do a little a day, but I keep getting on here instead and don't get far in my room.

How is your hand?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Gotta go, puppy needs a bath and so do 3 little ones and I didn't sleep last night so I'm going to sleep well tonight! Have a wonderful night and tomorrow I'll post some photos!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Doing good. I came into my scraproom to reorganize. I thought I'd do a little a day, but I keep getting on here instead and don't get far in my room.

How is your hand?

My hand is better every single day. I don't notice it all the time like I did for the first few days after the accident. Thank you for asking!

I know how easy it is to get side-tracked. I am always side-tracked

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Talk to you lovely ladies tomorrow!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
I wound up hours and hours of ribbon storage...Debbie likes to do it, so I kept thinking the more I did it, the better I would like it. Wait, I'm thinking about something else, and that thought didn't turn out for me with either "hobby"

jason wishes I didn't like that hobby so much lol!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
my ribbon is easy enough to contain. 1 small plastic container and one small zip pouch, with the ribbon on these chipboard wraps. but I don't have patience for winding it all up either!

It's so much easier when you buy the little winder. I watch TV, prop my feet up and wind away.

Soooooo, no dancing banana's for me tonight. It started raining and thundering like crazy!! I was worried that I'd get there and get rained out. It's about 40 minutes away so I'm not sure what the weather is doing there. They're playing again in November so I'll go see them then.

Pink I wish you'd show me a picture of that dress form. I bet it's awesome. I wanna see, I wanna see!!!

I have 18 of those lucite boxes packed full of those little wound plastic things. No way I could store that much ribbon any other way. And yes, it is ridiculous to have that much ribbon. LOL!!

Some of it's the lace and bloomers and little dangly balls etc.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 10-07-11 03:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Deb - what winder thing?

spoilinisthegame
Resident
spoilinisthegame

Your wishlist requested healthy recipes. This one sounded delicious to me.

Fruit smoothie

2/3 cup light vanilla soymilk
1t. sugar-free fat-free banana flavored
instant pudding
1/2 t. crystal light drink mix

Mix together to dissolve

Add:
4 frozen strawberries partially thawed
1/2 medium banana
1 1/2 cups crushed ice

Mix in blender

Top with 2 T. reddiwhip

Imeldas big sis
New Kid On the Block
Imeldas big sis
In response to spoilinisthegame

speaking of recipes...Imelda, here's one you might like:

Ingredients:
1 butternut squash- peeled,
seeded and cubed
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon brown sugar

salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup crushed saltine
crackers
2 tablespoons grated
Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large pot, bring the squash to boil. Reduce to a simmer until squash is soft.
3. In a large bowl, mash the softened squash. Mix in the mayonnaise, onion, egg, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together crackers, Parmesan and butter. Sprinkle over the squash mixture.
5. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until the topping is lightly brown.

Imeldas big sis
New Kid On the Block
Imeldas big sis
In response to Imeldas big sis

or maybe this one...

Ingredients:
1/2 cup packed light brown
sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground mace
2 pounds butternut squash -
peeled, seeded, and cut into 1
/2 inch slices
2 large apples - cored, and cut
into 1/2 inch slices

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, flour, salt, and mace. Arrange squash in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with slices of apple, then sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
3. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until squash is tender.

Spoiling Rachel
Tenant
Spoiling Rachel
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Spoiling Rachel Said:
Hello Rachel!!

Would you like a hint? I am doing a few challenges this month. Perhaps one of the ones you mentioned...

Thats not a hint unless I know you are definitely doing one of the ones I mentioned! Come on - spill the beans! As Pink would say - lets start with your first name!

Oh that's easy! My first name is.....

wait a minute....

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:
Deb - what winder thing?

there's a little thing that you put the floss bobbin on to wind the ribbon or floss on with. You have to anchor it on the side of a floss holder box though. Or a box with the sides that are thin. It's really hard to explain, but then you just use the little handle to wind the ribbon on. I'll take a picture and show you. They sell then where they sell the flat plastic bobbins by the embroidery floss.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Big sis:

Awesome recipes!!! Its Canadian thanksgiving this weekend so I might havbe to try one out!!
Thanks so much!!!

How are you? What are you doing this weekend?

DebDoodlesotherplace
Veteran
DebDoodlesotherplace

Here's the little winder. See how you attach it to the side of the box while your using it. Put the flat bobbin in it

Ribbon winder By DebDoodlesotherplace

Then you just wind the ribbon/lace on and store it in the box. The entire box is clear plastic so I just have to look in the top to see what's in there. I get them at Joanns

Ribbon winder By DebDoodlesotherplace

Edited by DebDoodlesotherplace on 10-07-11 05:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs

• Tina scraps Said:
not doing any challenges at the moment, don't have the mental bandwidth.

I have to share this. Some of you have heard my crazy stories about my family, but this is a nice. The younger of my 2 brothers (he's 23) moved to California a year ago, because his gf was homesick. Well, his gf just dumped him, because some on-again/off-again guy has reentered her life, yet again (sounds like he does this whenever he's on the rebound, but she's not my problem. and did I mention she's 30?). My brother was actually mature enough (or maybe naive enough) to suggest couples counseling, which they did once, but she clearly wasn't into it. When my mom told me that Brian had called her, crying, to tell her about it, we knew it was bad, cause he would never do that. So I sent him a txt msg that has opened up a whole new world of communication between us. The abbreviated version is he thought I didn't care because he never heard from me, and I thought he didn't care so I didn't bother communicating with him. Turns out we were both wrong, and have been calling/exchanging text messages since. He's called me to talk to him because "I'm his big sister and a highly intelligent person to talk to" (my draw jopped), and even said "I love you" at which point I nearly cried.

Brian is 12 years younger than me. I took care of him so much when he was a baby, that I felt like he could have been mine, and was very attached. Of course I went to college and we all grew up and away, especially with the large age difference, which I've felt particularly sad about the last couple of years. But it seems like we're making progress! Now to work on the other brother, who's more and more depressed because he still doesn't have a job.

That is so wonderful! Yay for open lines of communication!

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to 888

What is your favorite color?
green!

What is your favorite season?
ooooh... winter. And fall.

What place would you love to go and visit?
Hawaii.

What kind of music to you listen to?
all kinds.

What are you most afraid of?
spid... I can't even spell it.

What is your favorite movie?
Wedding Singer.

What is your sign?
Capricorn

What do you collect?
scrapping supplies! LOL! and coffee cups!

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:

Michelle is your daughter feeling better? How was the vet appointment?

How thoughtful of you to ask- you are so good at keeping up with everyone!! She is still coughing a lot, but doing better. The cat needs a Long Appointment for a dental and ear cleaning. Also, she is being a bit of a pill right now since she doesn't like her new diet food (even hough I am mixing it with the old stuff until she gets used to it). Bit of a hunger strike... she'll eat when she's hungry.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Rebecca I was just mentioning about how sb.com doesn't carry October Afternoon stuff and their Sidewalks and Very Merry collections are so cute! You would think that they would carry anything by My Minds Eye...their stuff is always so beautiful.

What is everyone up to for the weekend?

I am surprised that they don't carry October Afternoon too. I love almost every October Afternoon line ever made!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I did 2 lo's and 2 cards today. Only the lo's got photographed and uploaded. I'll add the cards tomorrow. TFL

HAPPY together By Scrapbrarian

got one! By Scrapbrarian

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Deb, I love that little winder thingee, I have never seen one and I have wound hundreds of those little Bobbins w/ ribbon. Plus I still have a bunch of ribbon on the spoil that I can't face doing so maybe I'd better look for that little winder doohickey! Did you say it was at JoAnn's?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Sweet Pink, can't wait to see the dress form, the ribbon skirt sounds enchanting! Someday I would love to come scrap in your room.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Okay all you ladies with so much ribbon and no time or patience to wind it, you can put the ribbon in an envelope and pm me for my address, pink and Deb should have my address, but I will be glad to resend it to you. So I can expect new ribbon my way by the end of next week? Please, Pretty Please, Sugar on Top, did I say Please, Pretty Please, Sugar on Top.

Please Pretty Please By Sassy Suzi

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-07-11 09:24 PM
In response to spoilinisthegame

• spoilinisthegame Said:
Your wishlist requested healthy recipes. This one sounded delicious to me.

Fruit smoothie

2/3 cup light vanilla soymilk
1t. sugar-free fat-free banana flavored
instant pudding
1/2 t. crystal light drink mix

Mix together to dissolve

Add:
4 frozen strawberries partially thawed
1/2 medium banana
1 1/2 cups crushed ice

Mix in blender

Top with 2 T. reddiwhip

Yummy, I am going shopping tomorrow, so maybe I can by the ingredients and try it out! Thanks Sis!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-07-11 09:26 PM

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

It's so much easier when you buy the little winder. I watch TV, prop my feet up and wind away.

Soooooo, no dancing banana's for me tonight. It started raining and thundering like crazy!! I was worried that I'd get there and get rained out. It's about 40 minutes away so I'm not sure what the weather is doing there. They're playing again in November so I'll go see them then.

Pink I wish you'd show me a picture of that dress form. I bet it's awesome. I wanna see, I wanna see!!!

I have 18 of those lucite boxes packed full of those little wound plastic things. No way I could store that much ribbon any other way. And yes, it is ridiculous to have that much ribbon. LOL!!

Some of it's the lace and bloomers and little dangly balls etc[/color].

Is no one going to comment on this?!?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to vawm

JaniesBigSis
Tenant
JaniesBigSis

Seems I step away from the thread for 5 minutes and I return to find I have to load the thread onto my kindle to catch up with eveyrthing!

JCI to wish my little sis the best of weekends - hope you have lots of good things planned!

JaniesBigSis
Tenant
JaniesBigSis
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

Some of it's the lace and bloomers and little dangly balls etc[/color].

Is no one going to comment on this?!?

All I know is.... Deb-doodle is the expert on dangly balls.....

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to JaniesBigSis

• TinasBigSis Said:
Seems I step away from the thread for 5 minutes and I return to find I have to load the thread onto my kindle to catch up with eveyrthing!

JCI to wish my little sis the best of weekends - hope you have lots of good things planned!

hahaha and much of it was probably me talking!

hey big sis. I'm off scrappin' again today with my local girls. One of our former members, who moved home to FL right after having a baby a few years ago, is back in town for their first visit, so some of us are having dinner afterwards.

No plans for sun or mon. yet, but so glad to have a long weekend!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

hhahah I totally missed the bloomers and dangly balls comment - Deb, shame on you! lol

I've never seen that winder thing, but somehow it seems just as much effort to wind it yourself, unless I'm missing something?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Note to self - start back at top of p32

OK - I'm 24 hours into the mum-weekend, and have only had one very large glass of gin and tonic so far - last night!

Wait until I tell you...

I went up there, and took her to the dentist. Despite the fact that I had previously arranged her two appointments, she just didnt go, so this time I took her - all was fine, and I paid the bill!

Then we went to get her ready for the weekend. I put her stuff in the car, which always includes food for the dog (though 12 cans of meat does seem a little excessive for three days). I suggested that, as usual, we take the dogs bowl with just a little water in it, which we put in the back of the car so she can reach it. Mum went to get the bowl and I saw her putting it into a carrier bag. I suddenly realised there must be food in it, so I said 'what are you doing? If there is old food in there, lets throw it away, wash the dish, put water in, and then we can go'. I took the bag off her, opened it up and Y*I*K*E*S - the bowl is crawling with maggots! Now you girls who dont like rats and mice - I'm with ya! But I could lay a trap for either, and feel ok about getting rid of the body, but MAGGOTS are my worst thing - I just hate them soooo much.

I yelled at her - that bowl is full of maggots! She said (I kid you not) 'well they must have got there since this morning'! I said to her - maggots do not hatch in a couple of hours. That bowl has been there for a few days, which makes me wonder how often the dog is getting fed. I said (very nobly in view of my feelings) 'give the bowl to me and I will wash it out'. She gave it to me, and I asked for rubber gloves, at which point she said 'dont worry - I'll do it'. I went in the other room to save myself from gagging! When I came back, she handed me the bowl - in another bag! I said 'is that washed?' and she said 'no, I thought we could leave it until we got to your place'!!!!!

I said 'Mum, there is no way in the world that I am going to take a bowlful of rotten meat, crawling with maggots, in my car. No way!' She looked at me as if I (ME!) was going over the top and over-reacting!! I got the gloves, looked away as I chucked it all in the bin, looked away as I ran hot water over it for 10 minutes, then washed it all. No wonder the poor bloody dog looks thin!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I have a couple of busy days ahead but all good things. I am getting a massage this morning and then off to a baby shower this afternoon. Hope to scrap some tonight.

Tomorrow I have church and we are having a special "pet blessing" service so we'll have dogs in the santuary. There is a Session meeting afterwards and then I am meeting a friend for a long walk. This will be our last chance to catch up before she and her dh head to Florida for the Winter. Hope to scrap tomorrow night too. Life is good!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • tinadn Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

sorry if TMI

you clearly haven't seen some of my posts, if you feel you have to say that! lol

That is so true. Tina encourages us all to be outrageous!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• thinkpink22 Said:
Debbie~have fun....let the guy's dancing banana work on you!

Oh, my gosh, I misread that...you were talking about YOU being the dancing banana!

See what I mean....its catching!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

OH Rachel! Hang in there love, I can't imagine, I am with you on the grossness of maggots! ewwwww!!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:

That sounds like a sensible amount of ribbon. I have a crazy amount! I put it all in old jamjars, because I like how it looks - sort of rainbow like. I think I may ultimately have another set of bespoke shelves (have to ask dh nicely, and maybe clear the kitchen table for them though).

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• scrapbrarian Said:
Deb, I love that little winder thingee, I have never seen one and I have wound hundreds of those little Bobbins w/ ribbon. Plus I still have a bunch of ribbon on the spoil that I can't face doing so maybe I'd better look for that little winder doohickey! Did you say it was at JoAnn's?

Doohickey - a new word for me!

Love those los- esp the rainbow buttons - I want to run away and try it out, but I am off to town to buy a dozen pairs of new knickers - not for me!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Thanks Rebecca.

I did the marathon task of getting her in the bath this morning. She did enjoy it - very nearly dissolved, it was clearly so long since she'd been in there! But there was no way she was going to be able to get out, so I emptied it, put towels round her, and got Neil in to do the whole heave-ho-mother-in-law thing - which he did to perfection!

After that - major amounts more grossness, cos I cut her toenails. They were getting so long she said she couldnt get her shoes on and could only wear sandals. Bear in mind that the doctor arranged her two appointments with the podiatrist which she never opened the letters for, and then I made another one, and she didnt go.

The feet are not perfect but they're about 80% perfect, and that was as much as I could stand!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

O Saint Rachel, my heart goes out to you. You are a wonderful women. I don't think I could handle what you do. And it sounds like the poor pup needs a new home.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

Morning!

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs

• littleMRSimelda Said:

Ok so I have a few questions for everyone too:

How do you work? Random projects here and there or a project/album start to finish?
I work on random projects here and there. Short attention span... lol

I guess inking. I am lazy.
I have been experimenting more with doodling and sewing.

finding my mojo

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs

• thinkpink22 Said:
Okay ladies...I have some questions for every one to give your big sister some help:

---1)alphas. I'm addicted
---2)bling. I am running out!
---3)Echo Park. LOVE!
---4)Nikki Sivils. Looks cute!
---5)embossing folders.

hmmm...

3. Would you enjoy a hand-made item?
sure!

4. What is the main color/colors in your scraproom/studio?
right now a boring, dusty old blue. Soon, it will be a vibrant and energetic shade of aqua. Tropical and bright... I can't wait!

5. What is your favorite scent?
In my house. I love yankee candle melty things! I have 4 all over the house, and buy a different scent family each season. Fall is apples and cinnamon. Winter will be usually cranberries. Spring is often melon or pear, and summer is always tropical!

To wear: bright, fresh florals and fruits. Right now I wear True Religion and Petit Cherie. I also love the new chanel Chance eau tendre.

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to Spoiling Michelle

• Spoiling Michelle Said:
Good morning Michelle! I saw this funny and thought I'd share with you!

Cute!!!

Related: My daughter used to thank the animal we were eating. It was disconcerting at first. "Thank you, chicken!" Now I am sad she doesn't do it anymore- it was so cute and sincere.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to imagine.lilacs

How do you work? Random projects here and there or a project/album start to finish?
I like to be doing a few different things,m but every now and again I go he!l for leather in order to finish an album completely, and then I'm absolutely engrossed in it until the end!

I think I'm an inking gal too, but to be honest - I dont much like the scruffy look of distressing (though I know its almost sacrilege to say so!).

Making a box of 10 cards for the Promises Auction at church tonight (one more to go) and then Emily's 25th birthday album, due next February. I also promised a mini album for the Promises Auction, so as usual - far too much to keep on top of!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Right now I have just printed out the photo I want to use for Suzi's TUV challenge, so I'm off to do that!

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to tinadn

Victoria: Wow! That canvas is gorgeous!

TinaN: Have fun at the dance!! That sounds like fun!

Nancy: WAHOOO! Have fun at the crop! Can't wait to see what you make!

Deb: Bummer about the IRS stuff- fingers crossed for the mortgage mumbo jumbo... When is dinner with your sweetie? I can't wait to hear about a new date!

Suzi: you really want old ribbon? I have a huge container that I am cleaning out today. Much of it is older, but still pretty and in perfect condition- I am just not inspired by it! PM me your addy if you wanna take a look. If you don't want it, you can donate it or toss it.

Rachel: NO!! Poor puppy!! Maybe you should find a new home for him- that isn't right. Good work with the icky crawlies- And I agree with Tina. You are saint...

Rebecca: mmmmmm....... massage......

holy cow. I can' believe I am caught up.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrapbrarian Said:

Yes Rebecca. Joanns or Micheals has them. Look over by the embroidery stuff. Well, in fact where you buy the bobbins. They're for winding the floss but it works great for the ribbon too.

I love your two new pages!!!

Edited by Deb-doodle on 10-08-11 07:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics