Page 3 of 7 
Username Post: CHRISTMAS SWAP...FULL AND CLOSED!        (Topic#1563877)
Mayor
  • 888 on 10-11-11 10:40 AM
In response to TrishaLouise

OK.... It looks like everyone is telling who they have so I'll let you know who I have:

For the $25.00
I have the Fabulous Trisha!!!!! Yay

And for the $75.00
I have the Wonderful Shelly!!!!! Yippy!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-11-11 10:42 AM

OK.... It looks like everyone is telling who they have so I'll let you know who I have:

For the $25.00
I have the Fabulous Trisha!!!!! Yay

And for the $75.00
I have the Wonderful Shelly!!!!!! Yippy

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-11-11 10:42 AM
In response to 888

I guess I was more excited than I thought... And I had to post twice...

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-11-11 02:47 PM
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

WOOT!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

my other pal have not post either

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tealbrand

Wow! The fun and fabulous NikiLynn has me! I am honored

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Melbas Pal

• Kimberlys Christmas Said:
For my sweet Christmas pal Kimberly!

Here are some jolly Christmas facts that will arouse your interest :

*In the Ukraine, if you find a spider web in the house on Christmas morning, it is believed to be a harbinger of good luck! This belief resulted from an old Ukrainian folk tale, which told the story of a very poor woman. So poor was she, that she could not even afford Christmas decorations for her family. One Christmas morning, she awoke to find that spiders had trimmed her children's tree with their webs. When the morning sun shone on them, the webs turned to silver and gold. The woman took this as a godsend and her misery ended forever. An artificial spider and web are, thus,often included in the decorations on Ukrainian Christmas trees.

*A famous Christmas tradition is to exchange kisses beneath the mistletoe tree. Though the reason behind the choice of mistletoe in this custom is not properly known, it may be well to remember that in ancient Scandinavia, mistletoe was associated with peace and friendship. That may account for the custom of "kissing beneath the mistletoe".

*Have you ever heard of "Hot cockles"? It was a popular game at Christmas in medieval times. In this game, a player was blindfolded and the other players took turns striking the blindfolded player, who had to guess the name of the person delivering each blow. "Hot cockles" remained a Christmas pastime until the Victorian era.

*In many households, part of the fun of eating Christmas pudding is finding a trinket that predicts your fortune for the coming year. For instance, finding a coin means you will become wealthy. A ring means you will get married; while a button predicts bachelorhood. The idea of hiding something in the pudding comes from the tradition in the Middle Ages of hiding a bean in a cake that was served on Twelfth Night. Whoever found the bean was held as the "king" for the rest of the night.

*Christmas Pudding originates from an old, Celtic dish known as "Frumenty". Frumenty was a spiced porridge, enjoyed by both rich and poor. It was a forerunner of modern Christmas puddings. According to the old Celtic legend, it is linked to the Celtic god Dagda, who stirred a porridge made up of all the good things of the earth.

*In Greek legend, malicious creatures called Kallikantzaroi sometimes play troublesome pranks at Christmas time. In order to get rid of them, salt or an old shoe is burnt. The pungent burning stench drives off, or at least helps discourage, the Kallikantzaroi. Other techniques include hanging a pig's jawbone by the door and keeping a large fire so that they can't sneak down the chimney.

*The poinsettia is a traditional Christmas flower. In Mexico (its original birthplace), the poinsettia is known as the "Flower of the Holy Night". Since the 19th century, the poinsettia has been associated with Christmas.

*Louis Prang, a Bavarian-born lithographer who came to the USA from Germany in the 19th century, popularized the sending of printed Christmas cards. He invented a way of reproducing color oil paintings,known as the "chromolithograph technique", and created a card with the message "Merry Christmas" as a way of showing it off.

*The "Urn of Fate" is part of the Christmas celebrations in many Italian households. The Urn of Fate is brought out on Christmas Eve. But what is it? The mother tries her luck first, then the others in turn. If you get a present with your name on it, you keep it; otherwise, you put it back and try again. The Urn of Fate, an old Italian tradition, is a large ornamental bowl that holds wrapped gifts for members of the family. When the family gets together, each member takes his turn at drawing a gift from the urn until all the presents are distributed.

*In Sweden, a common Christmas decoration is the Julbukk, a small figurine of a goat. It is usually made of straw. Scandinavian Christmas festivities feature a variety of straw decorations in the form of stars, angels, hearts and other shapes, as well as the Julbukk.

*Santa Claus has two addresses - Edinburgh & North Pole. Letters addressed to "Toyland" or "Snowland" go to Edinburgh, but letters addressed to "The North Pole" are really sent to the North Pole because, as you know, there is really such a place.

*In 1647, Christmas was made illegal by a law that was passed by the English Parliament. Christmas festivities were banned by Puritan leader Oliver Cromwell, who considered feasting and revelry as immoral actions that were performed on the holy day that Christmas was. It was only when the Puritans lost power in 1660, that the strict ban on Christmas was lifted.

*The first Christmas Pudding was made as a kind of soup with raisins and wine in it.

*Have you heard of "Animal Crackers"? Are these crackers made by animals? Not really! These are cookies that were imported to the United States from England in the late 1800s. Barnum's circus-like boxes were designed with a string handle so that they could be hung on a Christmas tree.

I am looking forward to thinking up new ways to spoil you for Christmas.

OMG sweet pal~I LOVE this!!!! So much I didn't have any idea about!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Hi Miss PINK!!!! I am your secret pal, who is not so secret Since you have one pal playing secret, I figured I would let you know!

How are you doing today? I cannot wait to spoil you!!! I am picking up the internet from the neighbor's house (shhh!) so I can't always get on, but I wanted to come and wish you a wonderful week filled with happiness and fun!

Tomorrow is National Coming Out Day, which is always an awesome day on Duke's campus! I am missing it though b/c I am in Louisiana.

I am awake now with terrible heartburn...OUCH! I can't lay down & I have taken a bunch of tums, but no relief I might take a sleeping pill, just so I can get away from the pain. I hate this!!!

Good night my sweet Pink!!!

You are such a sweet sweet lady Megan! I am sorry you have heartburn...do you have acid reflux...I thought I had a flu and then strep throat (which I did...but after all the antibiotics -2 rounds-I still had no voice and my throat was still sore. It turned out that I have acid reflux which was causing my voice to be gone. I feel so much better with the prilosec now and I am with you...I am all about the sleep and pain medications if I need them!~

Hope you are enjoying yourself on your trip!

Big hugs :),
Kimberly

Chrelaine
Expert
Chrelaine
In response to mommie75

• mommie75 Said:
wow alot of people comming out about pals... everyone but mine lol..

hum hostess nows who her pals are since she set them up i have her for one spot .

the other pal has not posted if she wants to now or not so i will not say anything as of yet.

I have you for the $75 dollar group! Looking forward to shopping for you

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Chrelaine

yipp i know one of my pals..

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

and i have u for a pal also.. have already looked threw your list

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • betty1 Said:
I'm thinking on spilling the beans to my pal...I'm not good at keeping secrets!!!

I think her last name is Nelson!!

well that is a very generic name, but would her first name be Tina

Get your wish list up dated!!! Ya know what? I just figured it out we have each other!! hahahaha!! I got your card and stamps thank you!! I'll put your card on the shelve in my scraproom where all my other cards are.

I love the stamps, thank you so much, it put a smile on my face after a hard days work!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to betty1

Betty I'm excited we have each other. That will be fun:) I'm glad you liked the stamps.
I just cleaned out my wishlist. It was getting ridiculously long. Anything scrappy makes me happy tho. Have a great day

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Chrelaine

• Chrelaine Said:
  • mommie75 Said:
wow alot of people comming out about pals... everyone but mine lol..

hum hostess nows who her pals are since she set them up i have her for one spot .

the other pal has not posted if she wants to now or not so i will not say anything as of yet.

I have you for the $75 dollar group! Looking forward to shopping for you

and guess who have you

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-12-11 08:32 AM
In response to tealbrand

Good morning everyone!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:41 AM
In response to mommie75

• mommie75 Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:

and i have u for a pal also.. have already looked threw your list

Woooo Hoooo!!!!!!!!!! Am I on your 25.00 list or your 75.00?

Jennifer has claimed me!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-12-11 10:48 AM

• TrishaLouise Said:
Wow! The fun and fabulous NikiLynn has me! I am honored

I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy to have you!!!! I know E*X*A*C*T*L*Y what I am going to get you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Hello girls! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to thinkpink22

I sure am Kimberly. I've done a little scrapping with no interuptions and it's been wonderful.

How are you doing today?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

NikiLynn: Are you going to get me "a swift kick in the backside"? Lol

sdenison
Expert
sdenison

Hi Nikilynn,
Long time no see...I think it's been over a year since I have been on here. I am so excited to have you as my sister. This will be fun!

Victoria,
I am your sister so I will be searching through that wish list and checking out your gallery to get some ideas. Let me know if there is anything in particular you are coveting.

sdenison
Expert
sdenison

Hi Nikilynn,
Long time no see...I think it has been over a year since I have been on here. I am so excited to be in a swap again. This will be fun!

Victoria,
I am your sis so make sure that wish list is up to date. I will be checking it out along with your gallery to get some ideas. Let me know if there is anything in particular you are coveting.

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to sdenison

ok. that's weird. I posted the first one and couldn't see it even after I refreshed the page so I posted again and now it's there twice.

stupid computer...

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to sdenison

nikilynn i have u for the 25.00 spot i have dear hostess for the 75.00 spot

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Betty I'm excited we have each other. That will be fun:) I'm glad you liked the stamps.
I just cleaned out my wishlist. It was getting ridiculously long. Anything scrappy makes me happy tho. Have a great day

I'll be going over to check your wish list out....this is going to be so fun!!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to betty1

Just checking in!

JMorales
Guru
JMorales
In response to scrappindmbfan

Good Morning!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to JMorales

that is adorable!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to tinadn

So cute and cuddly!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-13-11 07:30 AM
In response to Ariwass

OH Jessica, that is so cute!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-13-11 07:32 AM
In response to sdenison

• sdenison Said:
Hi Nikilynn,
Long time no see...I think it's been over a year since I have been on here. I am so excited to have you as my sister. This will be fun!

Victoria,
I am your sister so I will be searching through that wish list and checking out your gallery to get some ideas. Let me know if there is anything in particular you are coveting.

Yeah! I am claimed. If you could give me one extra day in the week to clean the craft room, that I would COVET! I will be thrilled with whatever you get me, so just have fun! :0)
MUAH!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-13-11 10:20 AM
In response to vawm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-13-11 10:21 AM
In response to sdenison

• sdenison Said:
Hi Nikilynn,

Victoria,

So lovely to see you back!!!! Welcome Back!!!

How are you adorable babies???

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-13-11 10:22 AM
In response to JMorales

• JMorales Said:

Good Morning!

Awwwww Jess ....... those are as cute as you are!!!!!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to 888

happy birthday shelley

cute puppy pic

still have not heard from my pal oh well i just shop off her wistlist we do like the same brand in goodies!

Chrelaine
Expert
Chrelaine
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
still have not heard from my pal oh well i just shop off her wistlist we do like the same brand in goodies!

I'm here. I wasn't ignoring you! Just offline for a day or two. I would love anything from my wishlist. I really am easy to buy for!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-13-11 06:16 PM
In response to Chrelaine

Happy Birthday Shelley!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Chrelaine

hi sweet pal
already started shopping your wish list is almost the same as mine EXCEPT for the pp size i like 6x6 and your are a 12x12 girl anything special you want

TGIF

hi to my santa
hope you have a fun weekend

hope both my pal have a safe and fun week end

Edited by tealbrand on 10-14-11 03:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tealbrand

Good morning Betty. Any big plans for your weekend? I may do a little shopping....

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to tinadn

jci

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-14-11 07:52 AM
In response to mommie75

Ooooh, I started shopping for my wonderful pal!
Ho,ho,ho Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Good morning Betty. Any big plans for your weekend? I may do a little shopping....

I'm taking a break from work and cleaning...I'm going shopping myself!!!!! Have a fabulous weekend!!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to betty1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLY

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-14-11 09:28 AM
In response to betty1

Hello Miss Betty!!!!! I just love seeing you here!!! I've really missed you!!!

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to 888

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone.

I have a quest for you guys: The last two years I have done Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas album which is a lot of fun but I realized that in 20 years, my kids are not going to want to store 20 different albums for one event. I think they would get much more fun out of a "Big Book of Christmas" they could pull out once a year and see all of the memories right there so this year I am going to start a HUGE OVERSIZED scrapbook where I can add pictures for each topic every year.

Your mission: Help me find a big huge book. I know I have seen them before but I don't know where to look for one. Can you help?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to sdenison

Martha Stewart used to make 18x18 books. You might be able to still find them on the auction site. You could even do an internet search for them and see if anyone still carries them.

Good luck!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to scrappindmbfan

just ordered most of pinks stuff well all the scrapbook stuff anyway lol

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to mommie75

• mommie75 Said:
just ordered most of pinks stuff well all the scrapbook stuff anyway lol

Really? Oh, now you have to give me some hints Jennifer!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I have done some shopping for my pals as well...I am doing a little at a time but I know that my pals will be very happy by the time I'm done!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i am doing one person at a time lol. i went to the mall today and picked up so yummy halloween smelly stuff had to get my self some also..

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to mommie75

OHHHH, what did you get? I had one of those bath and body works plug in things one year and seriously, every single adult who came to our door for trick or treating asked me what that wonderful smell was! It was amazing to me how strong it was because our house is not small and it has the massive high ceilings. It wasn't sickening strong though...kwim?

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to mommie75

shopping

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

love bath and body stuff i buy my girls sweet deal from there every Xmas's

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tealbrand

I love bath & body works too! It is the only brand I can use on my skin without it breaking out in an itchy rash...not fun or attractive, I might add!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i love bath and body works yummy.. i love going there..

i have one of those smell things in my kitchen love it...

there lotion is my fav

Chrelaine
Expert
Chrelaine
In response to mommie75

I have a drawer full of their plug in refills. I buy so many every year when they go on sale. I really like their candles too.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Chrelaine

I love their plug in things. Have them all over my house:)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Good morning Betty. How is your weekend going so far? We went to a Japanese steakhouse and casino last night. Off to try and see the changing leaves after church today. Maybe a little shopping too...

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tinadn

I agree with you about Bath and Body works lotion too! The shower gels are my favorite!!! I love to go in that store and shop!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Tina~I love the japanese steak house restaurants too! So good! And fun!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

we have awesome taste on this tread

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-17-11 05:54 AM

I love Bath and Body Works too, I am lovin' the Wicked Spiced Pumpkin lotion now!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Hello Miss Betty!!!!! I just love seeing you here!!! I've really missed you!!!

i miss you to my little hello kitty friend!!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Good morning Betty. How is your weekend going so far? We went to a Japanese steakhouse and casino last night. Off to try and see the changing leaves after church today. Maybe a little shopping too...

My weekend went by way to quick...I did get to go to Joannes and got alot of supplies, My hubby and stepson went with me and after 2 hours of shoping they were bored and started to wrestle in Joannes and I had to ground them...sent them to the car!! Kids!! LOL

Than we went to his parents to give them there birthday cards. That was my saturday. Sunday I slept in and miss church. I hate that. but anyways I cook and cleaned all day. I had alot of mojo to be creative but I was to tired so I watch a movie instead. thats about it!!

I have a cabin in Evart and the colors of the leaves were so gorgeous, I love to drive and look at the colors!!!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to betty1

I love Bath and Body works...Ohhhh the smell just walking in the store is fabulous!!!

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to betty1

Hi Victoria!

Hope you are having a fantastic Monday!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to sdenison

Happy Monday ladies. It is a cold yucky day here. I've made a few cards and watched the first episode of Lost with my middle son. He isn't working today and we are bonding some:)

I didn't get shopping done like I wanted yesterday, maybe I'll check out some deals online today.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Betty you must have needed the extra sleep.

What movie did you watch?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

Did someone say "Japanese Steak house"? Why that's my home planet! Benihanas is my all time FAVORITE resturant!

I can not believe some of you are done with your shopping already. I have started but I am no where near being done.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi Trisha,
I've only been to a Japanese steakhouse twice, but for a few days afterwards, other food is soooo disappointing to me. Nothing compares to that taste. Scallops and their secret sauce are my faves!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-18-11 10:25 AM
In response to tinadn

Happy Tuesday Everyone!! How are you????

I started shopping... I didn't much done.. but I had to start sometime!!!

JMorales
Guru
JMorales
In response to 888

I have seen this before but it still cracks me up!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-18-11 10:30 AM
In response to JMorales

I love that Jessica!!!

How are you?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to JMorales

• JMorales Said:

this is so cute, but I don't even want to think about snow yet!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to tinadn

i have never been to a janpesse steak house i guess i am the odd one. but we do not go out very often with 4 kids cost to much and my hubby is very picky...

If i get my choice of place it is somewhere with seafood.. he is not a big seafood eater so i chose that when we go out so i can get it and not have to cook it.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to mommie75

you can choose various steaks, chicken, shrimp, scallops or a combo of them. I took chicken and scallops, it comes with shrimp appetizer. DH had steak and scallops, also comes with soup, noodles, rice and veges all to die for! Expensive with 4 kids tho, more a date night price:)

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to tinadn

Kimberly you better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice
He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!
O! You better watch out!
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why

Kimberly, the elves are working hard on making special things for you this holiday season.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-18-11 08:41 PM
In response to Melbas Pal

Happy Tuesday! I just had some fabulous Greek food this evening. Yummy!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-18-11 08:42 PM
In response to sdenison

• sdenison Said:
Hi Victoria!

Hope you are having a fantastic Monday!

Thank you! I hope your week is going smoothly too!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to vawm

That steakhouse sounds awesome.....I'm getting hungry!!!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Betty you must have needed the extra sleep.

What movie did you watch?

I watch, "STEP IT UP 3", something like that. it was really good. It was about dancing and some of those people could really move!!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to JMorales

• JMorales Said:

Love this....lol

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to betty1

Have a great week ladies happy scrappy don't work to hard!!

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to betty1

I really do need to work on my Christmas cards. I make alot of them myself for my family!! Better get going on them!!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to betty1

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1
In response to tealbrand

I went shopping for my pal...I got goodies off your wish list plus I got me some thing to!!!

Have a super great day!!

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to betty1

Hi everyone still doing some shopping hoping to get this wraped up soon

Still waiting on my pal Megan Ann to list a few more things to her wish list like what colors do you really want of Glimmer Mist

Edited by bluucaca on 10-19-11 08:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to bluucaca

just placed an order online...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

My husband says I'm such a tease

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

Yeah Tina... you are a tease! Lol

I actually had to go into the office today for a project meeting. My boss took us out to lunch and I tried to talk him into going to the japanese steakhouse. But we ended up at the Twisted root

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-19-11 10:45 AM

Trisha... what is the Twisted Root?

Chrelaine
Expert
Chrelaine
In response to 888

Hi all! Just checking in

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to betty1

I got some lotion and shower gel from my secret sister (another swap) from bath and body works. It is the new vanilla/cinnamon scent...OMG~! Has anyone else seen this one? I hadn't till I got this one and I think I have another new favorite!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

man some of the stuff i bought my pal is no longer on her list and that is about 45 worth of stuff i am guessing she no longer wants it or got it in another swap not sure what to do now

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Okay girls...

I have a couple of questions for everyone.

1. If your wishlist could be put into order by what you want the most to the least, what would your top 5 things be? (I asked this on my ss thread as well, but since there are several ladies on here that aren't on that site, so I thought it might be great to know from all of you as well!

2. What was your favorite Christmas gift that you've ever received?

3. Do you have any family traditions that you do every Christmas?

4. Favorite Christmas food/snack/candy/dessert that you are most looking forward to having?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to mommie75

• mommie75 Said:
man some of the stuff i bought my pal is no longer on her list and that is about 45 worth of stuff i am guessing she no longer wants it or got it in another swap not sure what to do now

Jennifer~if it was stuff for me, do NOT be concerned. I go through my wishlist all the time and update. If it was ever on there, I will still love it! Most of the stuff I remove are just to make room for other stuff. Other than border punches, I am the type that LOVES to have more than one of any item I like. So, don't worry at all about it if it is me. I am very very very easy to please and honestly, I have NEVER gotten a gift that I didn't like from anyone!

I actually will go through my wishlist and cut it down because I get worried it's too long...but I can't tell you how many times I've removed a bunch of stuff but then in a few weeks or days, I'm adding it right back on. I am moody that way. I think a lot of it has to do with whoever I am sending to (on the secret sis site) and their wishlist. If theirs is short, I feel guilty for how long mine is...but watch out if my sister has as long or longer wish list...cause then I add like crazy! I'm a follower.

Edited by thinkpink22 on 10-19-11 02:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

My answers...

I would like the pin it system from purple cow, buttons (I am on a huge button kick), border punches, stamps, and pretty much anything you pick will be great!

As a child, probably a baby doll or the barbie townhouse. As an adult, I love anything that I've received from someone who really tried...I LOVE gifts that someone picks out for me because they think of me when they see it. I think those are the best gifts in the world. KWIM?

traditions include a fondue steak and shrimp meal, cheese fondue and bread and then chocolate fondue over fruit or pound cake for dessert on Christmas eve. Kids open one gift on Christmas eve (new pajamas) and Christmas morning is usually very early (they can't wait) with Christmas music blaring and kids opening gifts one at a time. Donuts and bagels from panera bread with cream cheese breakfast and then a huge Christmas meal around 3. Christmas is the holiday we go all out on food and snacks and just extras!

I'm looking forward to homemade noodles and Panera's bagels...and stocking candy and...and...and... I also look forward to Cheryls buttercream frosted cookies because my brother used to send us a box of 120 cookies for Christmas, and that was all we ever ate them. But just yesterday, my secret sister sent me a box of them~OMG!!!! I was so happy!

Okay, can't wait to read all of your answers!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 10-19-11 02:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Jennifer: I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of us up date our wish list often. Even if it's things she has already gotten if she is like me, I don't mind having doubles.

NikiLynn: The Twisted Root is a specialty burger place. They have burgers like: Buffalo, Turkey, Venison, Elk, Lamb, Ostrich, Kangaroo, Emu, Boar, Alligator, and Black Bean Vegetarian Burgers.

Everything is homemade and really good! My favorite are the Fried Green Beans

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

1. If your wishlist could be put into order by what you want the most to the least, what would your top 5 things be?
*Sizzix - Bigz Die - Die Cutting Template - Artist Trading Card

*Martha Stewart Crafts - Halloween - Die Cut Lace Tags - Black and Orange

* Any collage tape

*Martha Stewart Crafts - Halloween - Large Bottle - Glow in the Dark Glitter

*Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Alterations Collection - Die Cutting Template - Mini Paper Rosettes

2. What was your favorite Christmas gift that you've ever received?
When I was 8 my Mom's best friend had a feather pillow that I loved. She made me a standard size pillow "like hers" and gave it to me for Christmas. It is now 30 years later and I still sleep on that "dam" pillow. It has been re-stuffed more times than I can count and I don't sleep with out it

3. Do you have any family traditions that you do every Christmas?
Watch a Christmas Story and bake goodies

4. Favorite Christmas food/snack/candy/dessert that you are most looking forward to having?
I love the chew peppermint disks!

Chrelaine
Expert
Chrelaine

1. If your wishlist could be put into order by what you want the most to the least, what would your top 5 things be?
(1) Any Basic Grey paper line (2) a Martha Stewart edge punch (3) stickles storage, (4) any line of Christmas paper... I just LOVE them (5) any Stickles

2. What was your favorite Christmas gift that you've ever received? Anything that someone bought without my input. I always appreciate the thought
3. Do you have any family traditions that you do every Christmas? Xmas eve at my brother's house and Xmas day at my grandmothers. My grandmother passed this summer so it will be a tough year this year.
4. Favorite Christmas food/snack/candy/dessert that you are most looking forward to having? I'm italian...can I say anything other than the cookies?

Page 3 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics