Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: 12 Days of Swapping - MUST BE IN PALS HANDS NOW!!!!        (Topic#1563923)
ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hi everyone! I have been doing this swap for 2 years now and I hope that you will sign up and have some fun!

Pals out: 2 days later
Kits received by your partner by: 12/7

Who can join?

Flakers need not apply! If you have flaked on a swap with anyone before - don't bother signing up. If I don't know about you flaking, someone else will surely let me know.

It is very important that those who sign up fulfill their obligation to their partner and get the package to them by the due date – not in the mail by the due date.

Life happens and things come up that might get in the way. The key is communication. It only takes a few seconds to post “just checking in” or “jci”. Be considerate. If you can’t get online at least once a week for a simple checkin - don’t sign up. If you can’t get your partner's kit in their hands by the due date – don’t sign up.

Max 1 spot per person

If you have never been in one of my swaps before I must receive 3 referrals from hostesses whose swaps you have been in this year. And I will require you to mail out your pals gift by November 29th.

12 Days of Swapping
($35 gift swap)

This has some handmades, but is mostly storebought. I figured by starting it now, everyone could work on the handmades and then as it gets closer to Christmas work on the storebought items (since wishlists might change quite a bit from now to then).

This will be a secret pal swap and you will not have the same person that has you – that way everyone still has the ability to request who they want.

You will send your pal 12 gifts total. Each is wrapped separately and has a handmade tag attached to it with the date your pal is to open it. You mail them all together along with a handmade Christmas card.

On December 13th your pal will open their handmade card.
Then on December 14th they will open their first gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until December 25th when they open their last and biggest gift.
Hence, the 12 days of swapping - and why your pal must have their package by 12/7.

Each day everyone will post what they received in their gift for that day.

All items must be storebought, from your pals wishlist/survey, be scrapbooking related and be new/unused. When I mention from their wishlist/survey this means you can send them stuff that they may like but you dont have to buy it from sb.com. If you see it in your LSS that is fine. This will save on shipping and handling. (I dislike paying shipping) The items that they open each day are to be New Stuff. not handmades unless you are including it with a NIP item. The handmades are counted as an xtra item you are giving your pal to further spoil her.

The total value of the first 11 gifts (12/14-12/24) must be a minimum retail value $25. No more than 3 of these gifts can be goodie bags (new/unused) – the rest must be NIP (new and in the package).

The gift(s) that your pal opens on Christmas day must be worth at least $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought)

Any additional handmades or gifts (scrapbooking related or not) are optional/extra…but who doesn’t like to be spoiled? Stay away from dollar stores to be safe. Don’t be cheap. Follow your pals wishlist(s) and survey for items that count towards the minimum requirements. Anything over and above that is up to you. DO NOT TAKE STUFF OUT OF YOUR STASH THAT HAS SITTING FOR YEARS. NEW STUFF FROM HER WISHLIST PLEASE.

Mailing
Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open.
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 12/1. Don’t cut it close!!! Keep in mind the holiday mailing delays and weather.
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.
When you go postal you must post that number in this thread for all to see.

You must post:
• at least once a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit

Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day. Its really fun to see who gets what!

How To Join

1 - Post that you would like to join.
2 - Be sure to bookmark this swap
3 - Load up your sb.com wishlist for your pal to shop from. Keep this list updated!!!
4 - Then you will need to pm me the following information using the subject: “12 days of Swapping Survey”:

Screen name

Name & mailing addy

Colors you like

Colors you don’t like

Embellishments you like or would like to try

Embellishments you don’t like/want

Any items you would like that are not on your sb.com wishlist (not in the sb.com store)

Please list 12 items from your wishlist that you really want:

Do you have any other wishlists to share with your partner? Provide links here:

Anything else you’d like to share with your partner

RECAP OF WHAT TO SEND TO YOUR PAL:

1. MAKE A HANDMADE CARD
2. MAKE 12 HANDMADE TAGS
3. SEND 12 WRAPPED GIFTS FROM THEIR WISHLIST.
4. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PAL RECEIVES IT BY 12/1.
5. HAVE FUN SHOPPING FOR YOU PAL!

My Swap Motto: if it’s not sold in the scrapbooking section of a scrapbooking/craft store or on sb.com – don’t bother sending it in. You should only send in high quality items for my swaps.

package sent and confirmation posted
rec. gift from pal
surveys rec.

SIGNUPS

ScrapAngel4
Zoila
Drayia
Mommie75
DisneyLisa
Rubymillerand
Moonpuff
JennaS
Ariwass
bluucaca
skittlesab05
Hvn101
turtle619813 FLAKER
sixta
ChrisC
kdsmommy

Edited by ScrapAngel4 on 12-13-11 10:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to ScrapAngel4

sorry ill have to pass. already in 5 like this.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to YourScrapAttack

Had fun with this last year. Please add me!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Drayia

me me i have not been in any swaps in forever..

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to mommie75

I'm in again.

Also just a reminder for ladies to be sure to add LOTS of items to their wishlist and be sure to include several smaller value items ($1-2) in addition to others. Its tough to find items locally or shop from a wishlist that only has 15-20 items and all of them are paper collections, stamp sets, spellbinder dies, and cricut cartridges (says the person who has these on her own list - well not the cartridges since I don't own a Cricut).

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to disneylisa

it sounds like fun, count me in.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Monique_McCoy

OK. I am in

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to moonpuff

I'm going to follow along for the next couple of weeks. Will let you know before the deadline date to sign up. I'm not working and I have to watch my swaps.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Lookin4newideas

• Lookin4newideas Said:
I'm going to follow along for the next couple of weeks. Will let you know before the deadline date to sign up. I'm not working and I have to watch my swaps.

I understand completely. I have run this for ac ouple of years now and im aware that others have opened up the same kind of swap.. no worries....

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

thanks ladies for signing up!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Thank you for including me in your swap! I'm so excited to meet all of you! My name is Arianna and I'm married and have 3 kids. I work a full time job and commute 150 miles a day but don't worry I make plenty of time to scrap and make cards. LOL I also have a scrapbooking/card group that I organize and run in Northern California. Looking forward to making new friends that enjoy the same hobbies as I do. Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day weekend so far!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Ariwass

Hi ariwass! thanks for joining!

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

loved this swap last year and hoping that I will have the $ to be able to do it again this year, I have to wait till it gets closer to make sure have had alot of extra things come up this year and have to cut back so we will see

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to scrappinlilly

Drayia thanks for letting me about this i also loved it so much last year. So sign me up i'm in also. Thanks

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to bluucaca

I am considering it

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to skittlesab5

I must say I am very VERY sorry, since I just started swapping mid-year I didn't know you did this, and if anyone wants to drop out of the one I opened to do this I COMPLETELY understand!!! I would never have opened mine if I had known!!! Please forgive me, and again if you normally do this one and got confused when I opened mine please don't feel bad if you wanna drop mine and do ScrapAngel's - no hard feelings at all!!!!
I am so so so sorry to cause confusion!!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to scrapbooksusie

no worries suzie! ill update first page later.. omw to work!

JennaS
JennaS 
Diva
JennaS

I'd love to join!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to JennaS

so glad your back to play Jenna!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

welcome bluucaca!

JCelebre
Resident
JCelebre

The two Swaps are different enough it seems fine scrapbooksusies seems a little easier as its hard to find all 12 exactly from wish list

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to JCelebre

add me in please

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to JCelebre

• JCelebre Said:
The two Swaps are different enough it seems fine scrapbooksusies seems a little easier as its hard to find all 12 exactly from wish list

Last year peeps didnt get things that they liked. so I want to make sure they dont get junk

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

• ScrapAngel4 Said:
  • JCelebre Said:

Last year peeps didnt get things that they liked. so I want to make sure they dont get junk

it might seem like a pain in the butt to go by their wish list but in the end you will like what you got 2, I was in 2 of these last year and other swaps like these I have had pals that went completely by my wish list and survey and I loved everything I got and was very pleased and other pals got whatever and most of the stuff I would never use, when you spend $ then turn around and get stuff that doesn't look like your pal spent much it sucks, now if you can tell they spent $ and went by your wishlist/survey and they got other things to be able to have enough pkg's or to throw in extras then I am fine with that just hate it when I go get my pal mostly stuff on their wishlist and spend the $35 or whatever the amount is and they only get me $5-10 of stuff that I want or will use then it sucks (don't get me wrong I have had some people that have sent me things that weren't on my wishlist and I loved it was very happy with it but it can be hard to do that cuz everyone has different taste)

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101

add me too

turtle619813
Tenant
turtle619813

can I join here too..... I love to shop LOL

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to turtle619813

hi

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

yes you can. but since you are new turtle please check in once a week and tell us somethings about you. If you cannot do this then I will have to drop you.

welcome aboard!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

jci

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I am in no way affiliated with the following. Its just a place where I have a wishlist and thought others might want to make one as well. Stock is last year but name brands and everyday prices are good. Last year they had a great 12 days of xmas sale (only problem is until you get the items its cutting it close to our deadline here). Anyway the name is dollar scrapbooking (one word). Its a "net".

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

i think we all need to babble a little more about what products that are our favorites to use and what what we mostly like that why out partner would know that even if it isn't on our wish list we would like and use it.
My favorite line's of products are Websters, Prima, Tim Holtez and Vintages goodies anything in this lines i would use

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

• disneylisa Said:
I am in no way affiliated with the following. Its just a place where I have a wishlist and thought others might want to make one as well. Stock is last year but name brands and everyday prices are good. Last year they had a great 12 days of xmas sale (only problem is until you get the items its cutting it close to our deadline here). Anyway the name is dollar scrapbooking (one word). Its a "net".

LOVE THIS SITE!!! thanks for passing it on

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to bluucaca

• bluucaca Said:
i think we all need to babble a little more about what products that are our favorites to use and what what we mostly like that why out partner would know that even if it isn't on our wish list we would like and use it.
My favorite line's of products are Websters, Prima, Tim Holtez and Vintages goodies anything in this lines i would use

I think that's a good idea as well.

I've got 3 paragraphs written at the bottom of my survey under "anything else you'd like to share". Just copied them over from last years survey. Then edited a bit to update. While some of it is about me and non-scrap related, it is all an attempt to explain my scrapping habits.

While sharing on the thread is OK, putting it in the survey itself is probably better as I print off the survey and shop from there. That way the info is right in front of me and I don't have to go scouring the thread and copying it over.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Favourite products or companies. I LOVE DCWV they have to be my number one. All my patterned cs is from them as well as the corrodiating solid stacks. Imaginisce is next LOVE all their pink tools, working on getting them all. My i-Rock is my fav. use that so much that I am getting rid of almost all my other bling LOL. Just got and used my i-Bond, works well but over heats on large projects. Prima love their stacked or 3d flowers, dont buy their other flowers that need brads anymore. Then their is Spellbinders, I love the intricate die they have and have been really enjoying my Grand Calibur, just waiting for it to come back from warrenty. Enjoy my cricut but dont use it enough, I have found that the personal one I have is very limiting in what I do so looking at upgrading to the E2.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

• disneylisa Said:
  • bluucaca Said:

I think that's a good idea as well.

I've got 3 paragraphs written at the bottom of my survey under "anything else you'd like to share". Just copied them over from last years survey. Then edited a bit to update. While some of it is about me and non-scrap related, it is all an attempt to explain my scrapping habits.

While sharing on the thread is OK, putting it in the survey itself is probably better as I print off the survey and shop from there. That way the info is right in front of me and I don't have to go scouring the thread and copying it over.

I explained a few things on my survey too but not in alot of detail. But then my fav companies have not changed much LOL just added a new one to my top 5

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Drayia

i love to hear about everyones favorites only because there might be one I have never heard of.. I put some stuff on my wishlist the other day.. Im dieing to get some of the wiz of the oz. stuff cause we did that play with girl scouts last semester.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy

Can I get in? I loved this swap last year!!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

that dollar site i love it have not been there in while but i used to shop there all the time and bought way to much heck stuff is cheap that is my reason lol

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to mommie75

I didn't go into detail on my survey. I wasn't sure what to write. I'm going to try now, so here goes.

I'm game to trying anything. My style is fairly simple. I would love to try steampunk. I like stamping, it doesn't come out very well but I will keep at it until I get it right. I like the Tim Holtz style, I'm just not too familiar w/ it yet. I love flowers (I have way too many that need brads) and I'm just starting to use bling. As for paper, I don't really care for neutrals. I love all things Halloween and Nautical.

I think thats about it. Thanks.

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

I am not picky on my pattern paper, I will use any brand. I also want to try steampunk, and am not very familar with Tim Holtz products. The only thing I have is a distress ink pad, and am not sure what to do with it but ink up edges of things since it is not very good for stamping. I LOVE to stamp, I have alot but would like some girl, or fairy ones.

I really want some new flower and butterfly punches. Since my cricut died I have no use for any new cartridges right now, so I am stuck using punches and my cuttlebug.

I love the wizard of oz (as my wishlist shows), and any thing vintage. Halloween vintage especially.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 09-09-11 06:21 AM

Kim I wanna join as well....this is my xmas to me...my family knows i love crafty stuff/stores but won't spoil me...lol
so this is my way of sayin merry xmas!!

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to 6ta

i also print out my pals survey but maybe after we know who we got then maybe we all to go over everthing again that way who ever prints it out can then write on it what they have learned about there pals here by babbbling.
I will rewrite my favorites and likes again when they give out pals that way she doesn't have to come back looking for it. That way everbody can keep an eye open after pals are out.

ChrisC
ChrisC 
Expert
ChrisC
In response to bluucaca

I would like to join... However I haven't swapped much lately... Love to shop for others and get surprises..

turtle619813
Tenant
turtle619813

Hey guys just checking in.

I am kinda new to scrapbooking I am so addicted though lol. I love the distress ink pads from Tim holtz. Most of his things are great. I love ribbon I have some but they are all 1/8 inch need I say more lol. I figured out can't do much with such a narrow ribbon to get a pretty effect. I want to try alcohol inks they look very interesting. I have a few clear stamps. Would love to try some more.

Can't wait to meet more people who share the same interests

Thank you

Kim

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

turtle make sure you put some ribbon on your list! lol.. I started out too with 1/8 inch.. it is good but you need bigger sizes.. they cover up any mistakes you make! LOL

Hi ChrisC.. Since I have never swapped with you before could you tell us some info about yourself?

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy

Just wanted to let you know that that I may be in and out for the next week - my grandma died early this morning and I am helping my mom with arrangements and picking family up from the airport. Don't count me out though...I'll be checking in periodically.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to kdsmommy

jci - sorry to hear about your grandma, kdsmommy.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Checking in!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to moonpuff

jci i am MIA latley had migrains. Will pm my survey soon been adding to wishlist.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to hvn101

thanks ladies!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Hello, already pulled out my DCWV Christmas stack from last year to start on the tags.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Drayia

wow early start

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to mommie75

jci

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

thats a good idea drayia! start now before you get too busy.. I think I may have to do that too!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

With my 2 card swaps and your envie swap I need to be alittle ahead on something as I am behind on my cards :P

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to Drayia

Hi Everyone!
Just checking in! Happy Tuesday.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to Ariwass

jci

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to bluucaca

I am ready to start shopping, I can't wait

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

jci

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Wow... guess I need to start making my tags soon

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to moonpuff

thanks for check ins ladies!

dont forget to add stuff to your wishlist ladies!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

bumping

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to moonpuff

Great idea Dyria better start with the tags for know

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to bluucaca

i do not make good handmades so my tags will not be anything special

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

no worries momma75..

hey does anyone mind if I close the signups this weekend? doesnt look like anyone is gonna sign up.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I'm fine with that.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 09-16-11 05:39 AM

Sounds good that way we can start shopping little by little....

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to 6ta

sounds good kim close it up so we can have fun....do we give hints as to who our partner is?

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Sounds good to me. Looks like a great group of Ladies to swap with.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to Drayia

Yes sounds great! I can start shopping!

ChrisC
ChrisC 
Expert
ChrisC
In response to moonpuff

Jci

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to ChrisC

Cool! Then I can shop and wrap it all up

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to moonpuff

ok ladies.. signups are officially closed. as soon as I get everyones survey i will send out partners..

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

i rec. some surveys today.. just waiting on a couple of more.

turtle619813
Tenant
turtle619813
In response to moonpuff

JCI. CANT WAIT TO GET MY PARTNER!!!! Good idea to start on the tags

turtle619813
Tenant
turtle619813

sorry guys but can someone please tell me how to bookmark this??? Thank you

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101

checking in

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to hvn101

Turtle,

Scroll down from here, and on the right side you will see "Add to favorite topics". Then each time I log onto SB.com, I just click on forums, and second from the bottom is "My Favorite topics" and they are all right there.

Moon

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy

getting anxious to get my partner :-0)

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to kdsmommy

got my partner

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

all pals are out except turtle.. for some reason every time i go to send it my windows says failure. if i dont get it now.. i will send tomm.. so sorry

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy

thanks! happy shopping to everyone...

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to kdsmommy

got my pal man can not wait to shop

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Whooohooo got my partner too! Going shopping!!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Ariwass

hi everyone. Got my partner, ready to go.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

just ordered my pals stuff half the stuff i wanted to get is out of stock urg

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca

got my partner going to go have a look at her wish list

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to bluucaca

So Kim do we give clues?

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I'm sure you can give clues if you'd like, although we never did much in past years.

Kim does usually give us a login so we can ask our pals questions on the thread or pm them.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Oh that would be a great idea! Would love to ask and or get to know my PAL as well.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 09-19-11 11:21 AM
In response to Ariwass

Got my partner...SHoPPing time!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to 6ta

im going to look in last years book i do have a secret login name.. i just need to find the password to it.. lol

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

LMAO at Kim ......

You so belong in my house tonight.
I been organizing passwords today LOL

Now, i am off to shop for my pal. I have her big item ordered as of this morning.
But it is the lil things I now need to get

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

• ScrapAngel4 Said:

im going to look in last years book i do have a secret login name.. i just need to find the password to it.. lol

That would be awesome, I would also like to get to know more about my pal and her likes

JennaS
JennaS 
Diva
JennaS

Looking forward to shopping for my pal!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to JennaS

We definitally need a way to ask questions... Cause I need to ask my partner some thing too LOL

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

ok ladies. i sent everyone the secret name and password.. if you didnt get it.. please lmk

turtle619813
Tenant
turtle619813
In response to moonpuff

Thank you so much

Resident

Oh Miss 6ta,
Can you check your wishlist. There are many single sheets of paper on there, but not many other things to buy for you. I loaded up my cart with stuff, then went to check out and many things were already bought. Looks like someone else is shopping from your wishlist as well.

Your Secret pal

turtle619813
Tenant
turtle619813
In response to Secret Santa2

I'm SOOOOOO confused LOL I recieved a pal to shop for and now I recieved a name and password?????? Can someone please help me??? I want to buy my stuff and do my shopping but I am not sure anymore who to shop for LOL

I'm sorry for all the questions

Thank you in advance

Kim

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics