Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Halloween kit swap-Who is still waiting?        (Topic#1564379)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Come join in the fun! This is a Halloween kit swap. The following items are needed in this kit (minimum):

2 - 12x12 Halloween themed pattern papers
3- handmade goodies to match the papers
2 - 12" ribbons to coordinate with the papers
1 - Handmade bling item

There are two categories, one Cutesy kit suited for children and one Scary/frightful for adults/older teens. You can sign up for one or both!

RULES:
1)You must check in at least once a week.
2)Your kit must be FINISHED by 10/14/11.
3)you must post a picture of your kit. It doesn't have to be in the public gallery, but at least posted to your gallery. The time frame is important this only gives you four weeks to put it together.
4) PM me with your name and address no later than 9/28/11.
5) I will pm you on 10/15/11 with your pal's name and address. If you haven't completed your kit, by the deadline, you won't be able to swap out. It's not fair for some to be on time while others wait until the last minute and don't get it done in time or forget about it and someone is left out.
6) Most important, HAVE FUN!!!

= I have your address
= you posted a picture of your kit

Halloween Cutesy
1. Meredith
2. Brenda
3. Jen-d
4. Phonechic - Jen S
5. Megan Ann
6. Megan Ann
7. Yevale
8. Melissa
9 Sally
10. Amber

Halloween - Frightful/scary/ghastful
1. Debby
2. Sally
3. Meredith
4. Jen-d
5. Phonechic
6. Megan Ann
7. Megan Ann
8. Melissa

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-25-11 06:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to Lookin4newideas

That 12x12 shipping is going to be expensive!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to stopnstare07

Let me rephrase that...because it will be a bit pricey to ship 12x12 papers (having to package it a certain way so papers don't bend and having to probably ship in a bigger box, maybe you should require more. I love Halloween, but I am looking at my swap and challenge obligations and OMG! Good luck with this one!!! I know it will be fab!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Count me in for Halloween - Frightful/scary/ghastful This sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to debby_westbrook

Actually, the 12x12 doesn't cost that much more to ship. Maybe a dollar more than sending in other swaps. When I mail my ugly papers and embellie, it usually costs me $2.05. So, figure with the extra weight about $3. And with this swap, you don't need to worry about return postage!

Meredith h
Veteran
Meredith h

I'm in! Sally, please sign me up for a spot in each!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Meredith h

Do you ship these in the large envelopes? How do the papers end up not being bent?

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to Kamananui

Yeah, I want to know what you use to ship as well...I've been obviously using the wrong type of box!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

You can use anything like a pizza box. Have you ever ordered scrapbook paper online? I save all my boxes. Then there are envelopes that are big enough to put 12x12 papers in. I just sent out a package yesterday with some paper. The envelope was actually longer than 12". I save everything, so I have cardboard that comes in the paper packs I buy. You can also cut up a cardboard box and place your items between them. Cut the cardboard about 12.5x12.5 so you can tape the edges together. You can buy one of those tubes at the post office. I think they cost $2.19 and then it costs about $2.25 to mail, slightly more because there will be hand made goodies.

oops, forgot I started to type, the envelope I mailed, I put a piece of cardboard in it, then I folded over the envelope to fit and taped it.

I thought about doing the 6x6 papers like Amy does for her kits, but then a lot of Halloween paper can't be cut up like that.

Sometimes you can go to your local pizza shop and ask them if you can have one of the xl pizza boxes. Or they might sell you one for .50

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-16-11 05:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hi Sally! im going to think about this.. it sounds like a great swap!

also I was the one who Sally sent 12x12 paper and she put it in the big envie and folded the one part.. it was delivered to me fine.. Didnt get bent or ruined at all.. thanks again Sally! lol

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to ScrapAngel4

Here is my kit... I have never done this before. Please tell me if anything is wrong, I do not want anyone to be disappointed....

Halloween Kit Swap By Debby_westbrook

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

You rocked it Deb!!! I don't see one bit of disappointment in your kit!!

That's right, I forgot I also sent 12x12 paper to you too, ScrapAngel. I had included an ink pad, a stamp and some other goodies and that cost $2.73 to mail.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I'm so happy

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07

Very clever...never ordered paper online but these are all great ideas!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi Sally,

I am thinking about joining this swap. Here in Australia we don't get Halloween Papers since Halloween isn't big (it sucks that we don't get any!), I use A4 size Halloween Paper I print myself from Digi sites where I buy it. I thought maybe I could include 4 of these in my kit, but then I thought people might be dissapointed if they wanted to do a lo instead of a mini. Was trying to think of a solution and I thought maybe I could order paper online as suggested and have it posted directly to you ( since it would be coming from the US anyway!) then I could just send the rest of the kit to you? What do you think?

Cheers,

Jen

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jenniferd1009

Hi Jen, I think that would work, but it seems it would be a bit costly on your part. I'm thinking here... Ok, I have an idea... instead of you ordering paper online and then having to pay s&h for that and then you'd have to pay postage to send the rest of your kit, Go ahead and send the rest of the kit to me and I'll go to the store and buy paper here. That sucks you have to live on the other side of the planet!! But at the same time, I think it's awesome that our love of scrap-booking brings us together. How are you coming along with your die cuts and recipe cards? You could probably add your kit to the same package. Will that work for you?

So, Henva, does that mean you're going to sign up for the swap??!!!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-17-11 05:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

JCI

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi Sally,

That sounds great! But are you absolutely certain you are happy to do all that extra work for me? It seems a lot to ask and I don't mind paying S&H......

My die cuts and MMM's are all done and I am almost finished my recipe cards, I should definitely be able to pop the kits in with that stuff, but if it weighs too much or is too bulky, I may send it in two envelopes as it is cheaper to do so. = )

So count me in! I will take a spot in each please! I can't believe I will finally be able to get some real, proper Halloween papers!!!!
With the ribbon though, All I will be able to include is some cute fibres, lace and ribbon in Halloween colours as I again don't have access to proper Halloween ribbon. It does suck living over here on the other (less fun) side of the world....been trying to talk hubby into moving to the US!

Nothing wrong with Aus you understand, but I am so accustomed to all the festivities and love of life in the US! I really miss everyone decorating everything for Christmas and Halloween. The first year I did Halloween at my house, I was all set up with tricks, treats and decorations and never even got one trick or treater! = (

And I really miss not being able to get absolutely anything I want to buy....things here are a little limited compared to the US where you can buy just about anything your heart desires! Of course the internet has made things a bit better, but shipping can be so costly!

Most of all I miss the fun loving, humorous and irrascible American people! So friendly and full of fun! = )

Cheers,

Jen

Latte_Memories
Veteran
Latte_Memories

Please sign me up for the Cutesy swap.
Thanks, Brenda

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Latte_Memories

Hi Brenda! Welcome!

Jen - I don't mind buying paper at all, now that's a silly thing to ask!!! I can't buy it for myself, so buying it for someone else is just as fun! As far as ribbons, you can use black or purple or orange. It doesn't have to be special Halloween ribbon.

Are you originally from the US? How long have you been in AUS?

I live within

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

HI Sally,

Thank you so much for your kind offer! = ) I will take you up on it if you don't mind. But if it becomes too much, just let me know and I will arrange something else.....no worries! = )

I used to live in Mexico city and visit the US, and I did live in the US for 4 years.....2 in Wisconsin, 2 in San Antonio. I love the gregarious and fun loving people both in Mexico and the US.
I have been in Australia now for 27 years! Ouch! And I still miss the fun and bustle of that part of the world.......the food, the choice, the people!

Hugs,

Jen

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi all,

Can I be really dense and ask a silly question? I was wondering.....what is a bling item? Is that an embellie with something sparkly like a diamante or a rhinestone brad or something?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Were you a military brat? (parent/s in the military?)That's cool you got to travel a bit.

You got it! It doesn't necessarily have to be the WOW!!! factor, but wow! This is cool or very pretty! The tags and stuff you added to your mini are of the WOW!! factor, lol

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Ok, Jen I just got home from the craft store.. I need your address so I can get something out in the mail right away!! How old are your kids? I picked something up they might get a kick out of.

The individual Halloween pages I found weren't the greatest but I found DCWV Ghosts and Goblins pack 48 sheets for $10 and I won't use it all and I found some ribbon I'll share with you. They had plenty of the wide kind and 3 rolls of narrower ribbon and I got all 3 and each one is different. I have enough for my kit, some for my stash and some to send you for your stash. When you said they don't sell Halloween scrapbook stuff, my heart went out for you!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi Sally,

Thank you! Lol! You are just the sweetest!! I will send some more $$$ off to you to cover this too, thanks so much!!

My little kids are 10 and 12 and LOVE Halloween! (like mum! ) then I have a 17, 18 and 22 year old, so just for the two littlies would be amazing! The big boys are all getting a bit big!

I am so excited!!!!

Will pm you my addy, you are just the best Sally! Thanks so much! : )

Hugs,

Jen xoxoxo

Edited by jenniferd1009 on 09-19-11 12:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

P.S. No, I was not an army brat, I was a hotel brat! Lol! My father worked as a trouble shooter for a chain of hotels and restaurants and we used to go "fix" the places that weren't doing as well..... I got to travel a fair bit, so that part was good, but it is hard when you feel such a part of some places and have to move on! : )

Edited by jenniferd1009 on 09-19-11 12:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Were you a military brat? (parent/s in the military?)That's cool you got to travel a bit.

You got it! It doesn't necessarily have to be the WOW!!! factor, but wow! This is cool or very pretty! The tags and stuff you added to your mini are of the WOW!! factor, lol

Thanks so much for explaining this Sally, lol! And for the sweet compliment! : )

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I picked up a pair of black gloves with white skeleton bones on the back side. I still have my daughter's gloves from last year. I took them away from her because she wouldn't put them away, so I'll send those out too for both of your younger ones. They make for cool driving gloves too!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

5 kids?? wow.. I was one of 7 and long time ago I wanted 5 kids. As I got older, the number went down. My one is handful, I can't imagine 5!!!

You don't need to send me any money. This is a gift from me. I love Halloween and I don't get to celebrate it, other than handing out candy. With all this Halloween swapping, I'm going to tell my daughter she's having a Halloween costume party for her birthday which is the 25th of October! When I lived in Pennsylvania/PA, I had a lot of friends and they loved costume parties. Every year I went to 2 or 3 parties. Move back to OH and my friends moved on and they never cared to dress up.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-19-11 12:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Oh! That is COOL! They will LOVE that! Thanks Sally! : )
and yes, 5! I was crazy!!!! Forgot they all turn into teens one day! Lol! They can definitely be a handful! But I am really proud of my kids! None of them drink or do drugs or gamble or sleep around, they are straight little arrows! And that is NOT an easy thing to achieve here! Teen drinking in particular is a big problem here! I love them to bits!! My baby just went to camp for the first time yesterday and I am like a bear with a sore head I miss him so much!!!! Hope HE is having fun, cause I am counting down days like a convict! Lol!

Thanks again so much Sally!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Thank you so much for the RAK Sally! You are so very kind!!! : ) I am so excited I may just burst like a balloon! Lol!
What a great idea for your daughter's birthday!!! She should love that! My kids love dressing up! : )
actually it was so funny last year! My sister and I dressed up like witches and really decked out the house for Halloween! We got styrofoam and carved our own tombstones and made heaps of Halloween decorations, we made "specimens" in jars and had a cauldron with smoke bubbling out of it. We made a silhouette of a hanging person in the window and put bats, webs and spiders everywhere. Most of the local kids were too scared to brave our house and of those who did, some were so scared they cried or ran away! They are just not used to it being done like this in Aus!
We made all our food themed! I made shortbread from Martha Stewarts site in the shape of fingers and toes! They looked amazing! So real!!! We made maggots in blood and zombie slime and all sorts of gross things! Including "bat wings" whick were whole chicken wings in honey soy with black food colouring! You had to see them to see how creepy they were! I made coffin shaped brownies and tombstone covered cupcakes. We made cauldrons out of black card and covered them with green ooze glitter and filled them with candy. We had such a blast!!! : )

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Oh wow, what an awesome party! You might just start a new tradition over there! I think I might use some of your ideas for my daughter's party. She'll be turning 15 and all her friends except one love Halloween!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I have my papers picked out and ribbon and making my bling item!

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

Can you sign me up for both categories, please?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Phonechic29

Welcome Phonechic! I got your address. Do you want to be called PhoneChic or your real name?

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

It was definitely so fun!!!! I'll see if I can find some pictures so I can send them to you. The tombstones we carved with knives, then "engraved" with a soldering iron and washed with black, green, brown and grey paints to give them an aged look. They were awesome! So real did they look that people thought they WERE real! Lol! We even mulched up the garden in beds in front of them so they looked like grave mounds! I can really recommend the Martha Stewart website for ideas! Hers were wonderful! And there are some really cute DIY treat bags on etsy here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80538332/hall oween-favor-ba...
and here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80858876/hall oween-favor-ba...
that would be perfect for party bags.
Also they have cool specimen labels here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80402791/hall oween-bottle-j...
and here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80787946/hall oween-bottle-j...
and for invites you could make cards out of these.....like my tags......
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/57740831
the first 4 links are only $1 each for the digi! You can't go wrong!
The digi stuff on etsy is amazing! I couldn't live without it! = ) And you can resize them to what size you want!
Sis and I went to the cheap junk shops and picked up some novelty "organs" lungs, skeletons, brains etc and put them in assorted jars in water coloured with various food colourings. You would not believe how effective it was. Also we got some cheap black fabric and hacked it up into long shreds and used them as curtains.....so spooky, then we got polyfill and strtched it out to make webs with little plastic spiders in them.
It was the best halloween ever! Cocktail franks were dead mans fingers, shaped shortbread with candy almond pressed onto the end were lady fingers, puff pastry wrapped up into cheese sticks with an almond pressed into the end were dead mans toes. Hot dogs wrapped in puff pastry and shaped into bones were....well, bones! Dipped in blood of course! Noodles with ham and spices tossed through became worms with grave dirt our punch had eyeballs floating in it and was suspiciously green. We cooked and prepared for a whole week! It was sensational! = ) We carved pumpkins and lit them inside.....
I wanted my kids for once to experience a real Halloween and they did! Now they wonder how cool it must be in the US where everyone does this! = )

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

LOL.. laughing at your kids reaction! Us crazy Americans! No wonder their mother is the way she is! I have to dig up my papers, but somewhere I collected clippings from magazines for years before I ever became pregnant, then after I became pregnant to have a bday party. I had one when she was in 1st grade and that was cute, but the fun scary stuff would be cool at this age. Especially when she's getting too old to go trick or treating.

I posted pictures of the scrap paper in my gallery. Let me know if you want any of them for the swap. The rest I'll be sending to you plus a couple more.

Thanks for all those links. I've never done digi stuff, I've been too scared to walk into the light! I might have to check it out. I like potions and the bags are pretty cool!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-19-11 03:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

I'm in!! Sally, I would LOVE 2 spots in each group if that is possible? (So I would have 2 pals in each group, 4 ppl to send to total!) You convinced me that it doesn't have to be too expensive (plus a little birthday money is going to cover my swapping for a while!) I am also going to pm you with a special request!!

OMG! Jen and Sally! I had so much fun reading through your conversations! You gals are too funny! It sounds like you both love Halloween as much as I do!!! Though I'm not huge into dressing up, but I love everything about Halloween--I especially LOVE to scrap it!!! I have sooo much Halloween scrap stuff! And I have to get the new stuff every year! I actually started scrapping other people's Halloween pics for them b/c I have more scrap stuff for Halloween than I will ever be able to use on LOs for my own family...Check out my Halloween decor I made last night:

Paperback Pumpkin By Megan Ann

It is not scary, but I like it!

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29
In response to Megan Ann

Sally, either is fine. I love the paperback pumpkin! Too cute! Now I'm going to have to try one

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

It really wasn't that hard to make PhoneChic! (do you have a name I could call you besides PhoneChic?) I would suggest that you use a book that is at least 250 pages long, mine is only 1/2 a pumpkin b/c I only had a research journal that I could use About 150 pgs! I am going to pick up some paperback books at the library from the freebie pile to make some more so I can have a little group of pumpkins, I will just put the 1/2 pumpkin against the wall!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Megan Ann

Phonechic- I'll call you JenniferS. A lot of us have gotten to know each other here and are on a first name basis. There's Jen from Australia and since I know other Jens, I will refer to her as JenD. But there are some people that just want to be called their sb.com name, which is fine too.

Megan Ann - We used to make Christmas trees out of magazines. I wonder with the pumpkins, if it would cheaper to get a can of orange spray paint, then mist it with glimmer mist.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to Megan Ann

OMG Megan Ann! That is gorgeous!!! Such a cute little pumpkin! So ingenious! I have to make me one of them! = )

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,

Jen

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

Jen S. is good with me. With a name like Jennifer, it was hard to come up with a screen name, so I used an old nickname. I've been working in IT for years, so " the phone chick" kinda stuck with me.

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

OK, I hate to ask, but I have to know ..... what does JCI mean?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

jci=just checking in

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Lol! When I started I had no idea either! Hahahahah! Glad I wasn't the only one! = )

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here's for all the newbies: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14024...

I have that saved to my Favorite Topics. It's a list of all the acronyms used here. Another tip, I usually have at least two windows open with SB.com. That way I don't have to click back and forth and scroll and find my spot again. Like if you're doing challenges and you want to see the front page (First page of forum) and have the last page opened up at the same. OR you're in the middle of the forum and someone sends you a PM that blocks your screen, you can't check it out in the other window you have opened. OR you want to look up an acronym!!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-20-11 05:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Phone chic- That's cute how you go that nickname. We can just call you chic too if there gets to be too many Jens, or hey you!

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

LOL! Whatever works for you is good by me. As my husband says "I don't care what you call me, as long as you don't call me late for dinner".

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Hi everyone!!! I love that pumpkin Megan!!!

LOL @ Chic....

New Kid On the Block

Hi everybody, is it too late to join in the fun. And what couunts has Halloween bling?

Scrappyanna

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to annalcampbell1

It's not too late to join.

Bling is just something that's glitzed out with some gem stones, cool ribbon, awesome paper piecing, stickles/glitter glue and can be a tag, journaling card.. If your paper is spiders, maybe your three things were die cut spiders, then your bling item could be a very cool looking handmade spider web, or a tag with cool webs and spiders. Just something decked out. Check out Debby's kit on the front page. She's got a lot of cool things in her kit!

Let me know if you decide to join, which category you want or if you want a spot in each one. AND since you're new, don't forgot to scroll down to the bottom of your screen and look for where it says Add to Favorites and click on that. Then on the menu above where it says "Forums" scroll down to your favorites and click on it and you'll see where you have this forum saved!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-20-11 08:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Thanks for the invite Sally but I will have to pass this time. I don't think I'll have the time. Next time think of me.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to kirkkevinsmom

That's ok Joyce!

There's some paper taking a trip to Australia.

New Kid On the Block

i would like to sign up for this swap. i am jen bustillos niece.

New Kid On the Block

i would like to do the cutsy halloween

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to yevale246

Ok cool! Welcome vevale! She mentioned she had to hide her stuff from her niece and daughter!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi Ladies,

I was so excited about this swap that I have made my handmade goodies already! = )

Here are 3 handmade and 1 bling item! = )

Have Cutesy Bling and Cutesy Handmade to go plus 2 Scary Handmade. I love this!!!! It is so fun! Thanks Sally for this excellent swap!

Hope you like!

Cutesy Handmade

Embellishments for Halloween Kit By Jenniferd1009

Cutesy handmade

Embellishments for Halloween Kit By Jenniferd1009

Scary Handmade

Embellishment for Halloween Kit Swap By Jenniferd1009

Scary Bling

Bling Embellishment for Halloween Kit Swap By Jenniferd1009

Edited by jenniferd1009 on 09-21-11 05:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Those are awesome jenniferd100... I have 2 of those stamps in my wish list!!! I love how they look!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Actually Debbie, I saw these in your wishlist. I liked them and found them really cheap here:

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/on-sale/9/

HUrry! They have 75% off! = ) And they have pretty much most of the stamps in your wishlist!

Thanks for the compliment! They are fun to work with!

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by jenniferd1009 on 09-21-11 08:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

WOW!!! Thank you so much!!! I will be placing a order before the day is over!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Us girls gotta stick together! = ) Did you see they also have some Halloween Stamos for only .74c? So cool! = )

Have a great day! = )

Cheers,

Jen

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

I got all Halloween crazy last night and made some 12x12 paper. Is handmade paper Ok to send, or do you prefer store-bought? Either way, I'll include the paper when I send.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Is the hand made acid free?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

(Jen-d) Those embellies were stamped? Wow! they look great!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-21-11 04:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

Gee, I don't know. Probably not :). I'll include it and also send store bought.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

That would be fine. Just remind them when they get it. If they make minis or cards, it should be just fine. Now you piqued my interest.. homemade paper? How do you get it to be Halloween?

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

I used orange paper and my Cricut with a gel pen. I used the happy hauntings cart and drew a spider web and put stickles on it. The web was fit to page. The paper is regular card stock. I also did Halloween sayings and flocked and embossed them, but I ended up cutting those sheets to use for the embellishments.

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7

I would liek to participate int he cutesy swap. I am always looking for fun things to do with all of my halloween stuff.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Can you take a picture of it? We'll see what everyone else in the room says and if people like it, then what the heck. If it's acid free card stock, then that's cool. I thought you meant like recycle papers to make new paper. There's this paper store about 40 min south of me. I love it there. They sell card stock in bulk, card making paper and envelopes in bulk, then they have a section on pp and some supplies (but a bit pricey), an artist section where you can find all sorts of paints, brushes, specialty pens. And also in that section, a wall full of hand made papers. They're beautiful! I would love to buy a bunch and use it to make wall art. The papers are fairly large about 2'x3', some larger, some smaller.

Welcome Melissa!

A note/reminder to the newbies to SB.com..DON'T FORGET to save this page to your favorites!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Chic, That paper sounds awesome!!!

YouDontKnowJack
Resident
YouDontKnowJack

I will do the cutesy swap!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• Lookin4newideas Said:
(Jen-d) Those embellies were stamped? Wow! they look great!

Yes Sally! I was pleased with the result! Love the stamps! = ) Thanks for your kind comment. = )

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• Phonechic29 Said:
I used orange paper and my Cricut with a gel pen. I used the happy hauntings cart and drew a spider web and put stickles on it. The web was fit to page. The paper is regular card stock. I also did Halloween sayings and flocked and embossed them, but I ended up cutting those sheets to use for the embellishments.

Now you've got me thinking phonechic! I was wondering about making homemade Halloween Papers as well! Yours sounds great! = )

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Welcome, Jack, I put you down for cutesy!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Hi everyone!!! I am going to work on my handmade items for this swap tonight if I ever finish my Hebrew homework--I guess I need to get off the computer if I want to do that, huh? I suppose I must go back to school work now...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Megan Ann

Good Morning!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Good morning.. I'll be jumping in the shower soon and gone for the afternoon. Have a great day everyone!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Made the mistake at stopping at the paper store today. I picked up two cute papers, so now I'm signed up for the cutesy Halloween too!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

I have asked my hubby to lock me up in a room with my scrapbooking stuff and not let me out until I use all the stuff I have! I just keep shopping and shopping! I am soooo bad! Lol! Went to the paper shop today too! I am too naughty! = )

Cheers,

Jen xoxoxo

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

I usually go on Saturday morning. It's become a ritual with me. They know me by my first name at Ms and Joanns. I tell my husband that it's therapeutic. He tells me that no, it's just expensive! LOL. I'll be posting the pics tomorrow after I pick up the other paper. Both kits are just about complete, but I seem to keep adding items to them. I'm way over the requirements, but I'm having a blast and can't stop

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

It seems I've been Naughty too!!! Only not with paper... I took a trip down ebay lane and bought Nate's ABC's Cricut cartridge. I did get it for under 20.00 I'm so excited cuz I wanted this one since it came out, but refuse to pay over 20.00 on a cartridge...

I also had to have adhesive.... but I buy that in quantity (ATG tape) on a different site...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 09-23-11 04:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

I don't have a Silhouette or a cricut, but I do have a Vagabond! And the amount of money I have spent on eBay getting Tim Holtz cartridges is not only indecent, but would also have paid a second mortgage this month!!! I have been so BAD!!!! : /
Cheers,
Jen

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

But I did get a LOT of die cuts!!!! And cheap too! Lol!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I heard those Vagabonds are awesome machines!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm laughing reading all these posts. Hello, my name is Sally and I'm a paperholic.

I'll be working on mine this weekend. I'm hoping I didn't stick my embellishment I bought in your envie, Jend. I bought two sets of witch stickers and I can't find mine. Maybe if I clean off my desk/work area, I might find them!

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

The vagabond does look cool. I'm dealing with Cuttlebug issues, as I don't have a c plate and can't find them in stores. I'm so impatient that I haven't ordered one on-line because I can't wait that long. So, I've been creating shims out of chipboard, magnetic plates, texture plates, really anything that I can find. My nestabilities don't seem to like the shims very much so they will cut, but don't stay put in the die. I've been doing the shim thing for about two months now, so I'm kicking myself for not ordering one because I'd already have it!!!

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

Forgot to add " Hello Sally, my name is Jennifer, and I am a scrapaholic". I've not yet been off the juice, because just when I think I have one of everything I could possibly need, they go and make more stuff!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

lol..

uhhh, Jennifer, it's not too late to still order it online! Unless you're like and don't like to pay the shipping and handling. I have a Silhouette and you can't buy the parts in the store. So I always wait until they have a 20 or 30% off sale and if I need a blade, I'll order two of them, or if I need a mat, same thing.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Oh no! I hope you didn't Sally! If you can't find it, let me know and I will pay you for the embellishments......I am sure I would love them if they did happen to slip into my envie! But it is a major pain for you though! Lol!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi Debby and Jennifer,

My name is jend and I am a scrapaholic and scrapshopaholic, today is my first day in a month NOT buying anything, but the day isn't over yet! I have not scrapped for about 10 hours now (sleeping) and am craving a fix! Lol! .........

Yes the Vagabond is truly AWESOME!!!! Jennifer, I hear you! I had increasing trouble finding cuttlebug stuff and also, like you, created shims out of anything I could find. I am also horribly impatient! But you should get it online.....as you said, you'd have it by now! I have no choice but to order online since everything here is about 4 times the price from buying in the US even including shipping! The smallest of TH dies here is $35 or more!!! Daylight robbery! I can buy them online for about $8 - 10 plus shipping and if I order 4 dies at a time shipping is only $13.50 for all four!
Careful using texture plates and embossing folders as shims though.....although they worked the best for me as a shim, I found that it did damage a couple of my folders! My drip drop one for instance I had to buy again as it has two small cracks right through which show up when I am embossing. I also found that I was having to pad up my cutting boards more and more as I think it was pushing my cuttlebug rollers apart!

The only gripe I have with the Vagabond is that the cool stickers don't stay on at all! = ( They just fall off onto your workspace, floor or bag.......so sad.....so now I just have a sad looking little brown case instead of a well travelled valise! But is does work perfectly so I can live with that! Lol! Only other problem I have is I can't keep my sister away from it! Lol! She brings all her dies over here to cut saying.....it's just so much faster on your machine! Lol! She too is a scrapaholic!

OMG! The money we have spent on stuff just so we can "save" by making our own and so we can "recycle" chipboard and stuff is truly frightening.....my hubby keeps saying....you know it's only paper right?! You are spending all this money on stuff so you can make stuff out of paper........I know he is right,but I just can't help myself! It is all soooo pretty! So deluded and addicted am I, that I still think I can make money out of this! Lol! Poor hubby is so good with me though.......he is the one who bought me my Vagabond! = )

Edited by jenniferd1009 on 09-23-11 02:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

You're so right Jen about how much we spend to make something we could pick up cheaper at the store. I did find that pack of stickers I was looking for. If were to buy everything I needed to make them, I'd spend about $7 on all the supplies, not including having to have the right die cuts or even the digital die cutter! I only spent $3 on the stickers!! I'm working on my kits tonight. I grounded my daughter, so she's in her room. I'm escaping into my hobby. Since I grounded her for a month, I decided for another swap, to make all the cuts and have her glue them together tomorrow. At first she'll be eww, but I know she'll have fun.

Oh Jend, I'm sorry, I've been meaning to say congratulations on your son's graduation! So, three more to go? What is the school year over there? Most of the ones here in the US start the 3rd or 4th week of August and run through the first or second week of June.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

I am so glad you found the stickers Sally! Your daughter is grounded for getting in trouble at school? For the MP3 thing? A month seems a while.....you US moms are tough! Lol! = )
I am down to two kids to go and thank you for the congrats.....I am so relieved to have gotten him there...he was a handful! = )

Hobby time for you.....excellent! I am in hobby mode too....and tonight I have my first ever scrapping night at our local store.....6pm - 12pm fun, make and takes, scrapping and pizza! What more could a girl want?= )

Best get organised because I can't possibly take all my stuff with me.....can I? I wonder if they would mind me having 6 x 100 litre boxes around the place.......hmmmm.....Hahahahah!

Have a great day Sally! Or should I say afternoon.....night?

Hugs,

Jen

P.S Our school year runs from Jan to December in four terms....the kids get holidays in between each term for a couple of weeks and then they get a month and a half at Christmas. = ) A bit different to the US.

Edited by jenniferd1009 on 09-23-11 05:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

That sounds like so much fun, Jen! I went to a crop night at our lss and my daughter and I were the only ones.

My daughter made up an elaborate lie to go hang out at the park with friends after school. First she lied about which friends she was going to. After being gone 2 hours after school, I drove to the park to get her since it was going to rain again and I wanted her home for dinner. She wasn't there, but there was about 7 boys and 1 girl. I recognized two of the boys and looked the one (who's afraid of me to begin with) straight in the eye and asked if Melanie was there. He hesitated at first and said she was and I asked how long ago she left.. oh about 30 min ago. Then I asked if she was with Becca and all the kids were looking at each other and I asked again and they said Yes she was. SO I drove to Becca's house and her Mom answered the door, my daughter wasn't there and Becca hasn't seen my daughter in over a week, said she's been hanging out with new kids she doesn't know. GGGRRRRR. So, I had half a notion to go back to those boys, but instead, came home and decided to call this other girl. My daughter was there. I told her to send her home and she was grounded. Then my daughter tried to say that she calls Becky, Becca, too. Not in the three years I've known these girls. I asked her why she had to lie to me. She said I never let her go anywhere or hang out at the park. I told her I just did, but with Becca. Not Becky and Shaun (who claims to be gay is starting to talk femine at age 14-5)

So, that's why she's grounded. The detention thing was stupid on her part, not worth punishing her at home.

On a happier note. I just finished putting together my cutesy kit!!! I'm almost tempted to take my name off and keep it for myself! Hopefully tomorrow we'll get a little bit of sun and I can take a decent picture! Now to start work on my other kit..

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-23-11 05:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Oooh! Naughty girl! Yes, I can quite see why she is grounded. Honesty (specially with your parents who try so hard to keep you safe) is so important!!!

It is so hard sometimes to part with one's creations isn't it? I am feeling the same about the orange and black kit I just finished. But I usually make two of everything just for this purpose so it shouldn't be too hard to get another one put together. Lol!

Have a good night and let's hope Melanie has learned her lesson.....how would she be if something happened to her and no one could find her?! Heaven forbid!

Here in Australia people are so incredibly lax with their kids! I see 4 year olds walking to school in the morning by themselves!!! By the time they are 14, most kids here are pretty much left entirely to their own devices, even roaming the streets at 2 - 4 in the morning! It is really scandalous!
I am supremely over protective, by Australian standards neurotically so, but as in America, I am used to Mexico, where it is just not safe for children, where there are predators just waiting to harm the unwitting or those who relax their vigilance for a second. Now that Australia is becoming just as bad, people here are just so unprepared! I want to scream at mothers who walk a full block behind their unguarded toddlers, I want to hold their little hands and keep them safe!

Don't get me wrong, I believe there is an age where kids need to explore independence.....I just don't believe 14 is that age! I give my kids limited freedom from 16 on and by 18 I only ask them to tell me where they will be and when they will be home. They are however bound by an unbreakable covenant at any age though to call me at any time of day or night to pick them up rather than hop into a car with a friend who may have been drinking or doing drugs or with a stranger, not that my kids hang around with such kids, but you can never be too sure! So they call me and I come no questions asked, has worked well so far! Specially whenever they have felt unsafe or uncomfortable at parties, there is great solace for them to know they can call Mum and I won't judge or lecture or even talk about it unless they want to.

So, there's my two cents worth! Lol! Sorry for the tome! Lol!

Have a lovely night,

Hugs,

Jen

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

That's exactly my beliefs in raising kids too. My daughter tries to get me with things I did when I was younger, but not 14. Curse my older sisters for telling her things about me. She tried to throw that up in my face last night when I asked her why she went out of her way to lie to me. She says, you never lied to your dad? Not about where I was going or who I was hanging out with. These are the trying times of being a single parent. I don't have back-up!

I've been working on my 2nd kit all morning and I'm finally finished with both of them!!! I made this one tag I started on last night and finished first thing this morning.. Thought it looked pretty cool, then put it up against the paper, does NOT match at all. But came up with other stuff and I'm happy now. AND I get to keep my cool tag!

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

Went for my Sat morning ritual to Joanns and picked up the DCWV Halloween stack. I now have my paper!!! I'll put it all together and post some pics. Before I do that, I'm thinking I could add some more.... LOL. The best thing about a swap is it gives you a good reason to create. Staying within a theme is good too, because you don't just sit at your craft table and look blankly at all your stuff with no idea of what to do.

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

BTW, with all my shims in my bug, I think I may have moved out the rollers. Any thoughts on a good replacement embossing and die cutting machine?

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• Phonechic29 Said:
BTW, with all my shims in my bug, I think I may have moved out the rollers. Any thoughts on a good replacement embossing and die cutting machine?

I recently replaced my bug for the same reason! I replaced it with a Vagabond and It is the best thing I have done!!! I LOVE it! The Vagabond is TD4!!!! Highly recommend! : )

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I love my Cricut Expression and my Sizzix Texture Boutique.

I also love my Slice machine, you can emboss with this machine but I don't know how. I've never used it to emboss.

Edited by debby_westbrook on 09-24-11 08:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics