Username Post: Any scrappy crafty stuff or not going on this weekend?        (Topic#1564617)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am planning on working on something scrappy. I have lots of stuff I need to do. I still have boxes sitting on my tables waiting to be filled with paper & put away. I am really tired of my counters & tables filled with it. I would LOVE to finish it this weekend. On Mon. I got A NEW Quickutz Lifestyle Crafts die set that has 8 stars that shadow ea other. I can't wait to play with it.
What are you dear friends going to work on? Anyone doing anything crafty? If not what are you doing??
Products Referenced in This Post:

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to anda11

I have a wedding tomorrow night, and then have a workshop all afternoon on Sunday where I will be demonstrating picket fence ribbon weaving and 3D paper flowers. I have made a card for the wedding couple (in my gallery) and will probably try to fit some cros stitch in this weekend too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to chile_chicken

• chile_chicken Said:
I have a wedding tomorrow night, and then have a workshop all afternoon on Sunday where I will be demonstrating picket fence ribbon weaving and 3D paper flowers. I have made a card for the wedding couple (in my gallery) and will probably try to fit some cros stitch in this weekend too.

Have fun at the wedding! I love them! I just saw your card. It is so cool. I know they will love it! I left some love for you. Your demo sounds like a blast. I wish I was going to it.
Weaving id fun & so are making flowers!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to anda11

I've got a few cards, a mini album, some layouts and perhaps (but probably not) some house cleaning to be done!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Sarah-Scraps

My sister, dollscrap, and I are headed out to a weekend retreat this afternoon in the Sierra foothills.. I'm hoping to get a few pages done in between eating, chatting, and just having fun...and did I mention eating?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Scrapkaty

Good times!

I'm just coming off a month long scrapping run, so I'm taking a little time off for my other pastime which is reading.

Also, I'm postponing starting to scrap Europe, which I'm not really all that excited about scrapping, not like I am about other subjects.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to RockStar

Visiting the in-laws tomorrow. While there, dropping by a local scrapping store's liquidation sale. Also want to go to Joann's and see if the fall stuff from Studio 112 is in yet.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to aquabunny

I am going to a 12 hr scrap in the morning. 9am to 9pm. Can't wait.

I get to see a friend's new Baby.

We are going to be about 12 women so it will be fun. I think I will actually bring my cricut too.

Expert
In response to PhotobearSam

Going to an all day crop tomorrow--new place and group for me (other than one gal I know) so it'll be interesting! Otherwise I'm just doing the "Happy Scrappy" dance because DH just pre-ordered my Birthday/Christmas present today...a Silhouette Cameo!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to HuskerMom98

• HuskerMom98 Said:
Going to an all day crop tomorrow--new place and group for me (other than one gal I know) so it'll be interesting! Otherwise I'm just doing the "Happy Scrappy" dance because DH just pre-ordered my Birthday/Christmas present today...a Silhouette Cameo!

Nice hubby.......Sounds like a keeper!

msdixie
Veteran
msdixie

hubby has had me running the roads in our chevelle the past three weekends.. so my hiney is going to be planted firmly in my crafting desk chair this weekend! except for taking a few breaks to get ready for fall decorating. want to do that over the next couple of weekends. i plan on a nice, fun, relaxing weekend sipping a vanilla diet dr pepper with crushed ice =D

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to msdixie

Cropping in two weeks! (It's been since June. Can you tell I'm excited?)

This weekend I'm taking my son to Kindermusic for the first time and I have my team softball party/bonfire.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

In my head I visialize myself scrapping...However when I sit down to do it, Id rather be sleeping. Ive only completed 1 page this month.....

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Mia1979

Slight change of plans ... still not scrapping, but I remembered I received a free admission to a musium for tomorrow only, so I'm going to see if the Victrola Museum by me will be open tomorrow, and if not, what my other options are.

Sunday is a brunch date w/friends, and I've decided that I need to attend this job fair on Monday, so I've got to fix up my resume and reference list, get my nails done and pick and outfit.

Expert

• PhotobearSam Said:
  • HuskerMom98 Said:

It's amazing how well guys do with gifts...when they are sent an e-mail with the site's name, promo code, and password for my account on the site...! Not to mention specific orders to do it today...

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Now that is funny!!!

This is progressive weekend which means I'm meeting my scrap friends here for a virtual crop

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Ms.Schwiet

I am baking cookies for my guy today and have a set of pics of dogs I plan to scrap over the weekend. Plus I need to make 2 detour signs for the neighbor my guy is trying to kiss up to. The neighbor is a pig but I just do what's asked of me by my guy because he does alot for me

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to catzscrapper

I'm on day 8 after gallbladder surgery, and still not quite strong enough to go to my grandson's birthday party (go-cart track). So I'm going to sit at home all by myself, and slowly and carefully tidy up my scrap table... maybe even go through a few sketches to get started on a new layout.

Why am I not upset about this???

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Hey Jude

Last Wednesday night I took a bunch of stuff out to the LSS in the next town over for their garage sale. Last night was "early bird shopping" for $5 (donated to the Food Pantry) so I went out to that. Waaaay too many people in waaay too small of a space. Still, I managed to spend money on a few stamp sets, some paper and a few stickers. I may go back today when maybe the crowd will be thinned down! We pick up our unsold items Monday night and I'll be anxious to see what sold and didn't sell of mine.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dwelch

That's how the LSS near me does their garage sale. I never go until Saturday - the early-bird fee isn't worth it for me, and Saturday and Sunday are the only days the store is open during hours I'm not working.

Irritated: Went to Joann's last week to look for some fall stamps from Studio 112. They still had all summer stuff - Fourth of July and graduation stamps, even. I asked on the Facebook page when the fall stuff would be in, and was told it should already be in stores; I replied back that the store near me was still all summer stuff. Anyway, I checked back today, a week later. No good. No changed to the bins, all the same stuff as before. It's the only superstore Joann's within a reasonable distance. Anyway, I brought it up on their Facebook page again. Studio 112 is just a rebranding of various EK Success brands - specifically in the case of the stamps, Inkadinkado - and I'd much rather get them for $1 from the dollar bin than pay $2 for the name-brand version everywhere else.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to aquabunny

With retail stores I think it's up to each store manager when they put out different holiday products. So just because their website says it's out does not mean that at John Doe's Joann store they have it out Some managers are not as prompt as the office tells them to be. I have called the store before making the trip for seasonal stuff and they were like, 'um, I don't know if we will get it out before the end of the month or not'

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back. We had company last night. Today I went shopping. I got some Marine Corp fleece at JoAnns. IT was on a good sale. I am going to make one of those 2 layer no sew tie fleece blankets for dh for our anniversary on Mon. . He freezes all the time. I have to make it today or tomorrow. I never made one but I have seen my daughter make them. I do know how.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sarah-Scraps

• Sarah-Scraps Said:
I've got a few cards, a mini album, some layouts and perhaps (but probably not) some house cleaning to be done!

All of those things sound fun Sarah!! lol well maybe except the cleaning! Glad you are going to work on something!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Scrapkaty

• Scrapkaty Said:
My sister, dollscrap, and I are headed out to a weekend retreat this afternoon in the Sierra foothills.. I'm hoping to get a few pages done in between eating, chatting, and just having fun...and did I mention eating?

OH MY!! That sounds incredible!! I know you two will have the best time!! (eating) lol I am jealous! ENJOY every minute!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:
Good times!

I'm just coming off a month long scrapping run, so I'm taking a little time off for my other pastime which is reading.

Also, I'm postponing starting to scrap Europe, which I'm not really all that excited about scrapping, not like I am about other subjects.

Oh that sounds like you have been having fun already! Hey reading is just as important. Our family are all avid readers.
Maybe after you take a break you will feel like scrapping Europe.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Visiting the in-laws tomorrow. While there, dropping by a local scrapping store's liquidation sale. Also want to go to Joann's and see if the fall stuff from Studio 112 is in yet.

I hope you had a nice time visiting! I sure hope you found lots of goodies at the sale.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• PhotobearSam Said:
I am going to a 12 hr scrap in the morning. 9am to 9pm. Can't wait.

I get to see a friend's new Baby.

We are going to be about 12 women so it will be fun. I think I will actually bring my cricut too.

I hope you are having a wonderful time. New babies are so much fun. Glad you are cropping too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• HuskerMom98 Said:

I hope you are having fun with these new women! I do not blame you for Happy dancing. Congrats on your new present!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Ugh, and the store I drove 30 miles to go to a liquidation... was closed and won't be starting the liquidation until next week.

I went into one of the small crappy Joann's stores, and they did have one of the stamps I wanted for $1, so that's cool.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to aquabunny

Ugh, I couldn't find the darn museum!! And I drove 45 minutes to get there ... but I did accomplish the rest on my list for today.

Tomorrow, brunch at the beach, and on the way back stop at AC's/M's and use my 50% off coupons for embossing supplies ... about time I challenge myself to learn a new technique.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to RockStar

Lets see i have done six quilled wreaths and will be workin one more to night. for now i am am doing up the was and putting the clothing aways. got behind

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to Stephanie D

Well I went to my LSS today and donated school supplies and unused craft supplies (they were collecting for Binghamton NY schools that were flooded) and picked up some new Prima paper and the stamp of the month. I also finally set up my etsy store - just have to work on what will be in it - hopefully it will be up in a week or so!
Just received my big snapfish order too - so I think some scrapping is in the cards tomorrow, with some added housecleaning and other crafting!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to msdixie

• msdixie Said:
hubby has had me running the roads in our chevelle the past three weekends.. so my hiney is going to be planted firmly in my crafting desk chair this weekend! except for taking a few breaks to get ready for fall decorating. want to do that over the next couple of weekends. i plan on a nice, fun, relaxing weekend sipping a vanilla diet dr pepper with crushed ice =D

It is great you will be working on something this weekend. I love decorating for fall. Relaxing sounds perfect. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:
Cropping in two weeks! (It's been since June. Can you tell I'm excited?)

This weekend I'm taking my son to Kindermusic for the first time and I have my team softball party/bonfire.

Hi Amanda! The 2 weeks will go by fast. You are going to have a great weekend anyway. I can't remember the last time I was at a bonfire.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
In my head I visialize myself scrapping...However when I sit down to do it, Id rather be sleeping. Ive only completed 1 page this month.....

Don't feel bad... I know when I am too sleepy, I can't seem to think enough to scrap. Or be creative. I hope it won't be too long before you can do it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:
Slight change of plans ... still not scrapping, but I remembered I received a free admission to a musium for tomorrow only, so I'm going to see if the Victrola Museum by me will be open tomorrow, and if not, what my other options are.

Sunday is a brunch date w/friends, and I've decided that I need to attend this job fair on Monday, so I've got to fix up my resume and reference list, get my nails done and pick and outfit.

Well the museum sounds like fun. So does the brunch with friends. Good luck on your job fair.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• HuskerMom98 Said:
  • PhotobearSam Said:
  • HuskerMom98 Said:

It's amazing how well guys do with gifts...when they are sent an e-mail with the site's name, promo code, and password for my account on the site...! Not to mention specific orders to do it today...

That is too funny! I have done that many times myself.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ms.Schwiet

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Now that is funny!!!

This is progressive weekend which means I'm meeting my scrap friends here for a virtual crop

Have a great time with your friends Stacey!

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom
In response to aquabunny

I made a 20 page scrapbook in five hours for a baby shower gift in the wee hours Sat. morning (12am to 3am, slept, worked on it again 8am to 10:30am). The shower started at 11:30........God help me, that's the last time for that nonsense! A co-worker offered to allow me to sell cards at her vendor booth at an Antiques sale coming up next weekend and I was supposed to begin working on those cards Sunday but I think I'mma start on Monday cause Sunday I'll be busy with church activities. I need to clean up my scraproom from last night's tornado before I begin anything new.

Lora
Lora 
Tenant
Lora
  • Lora on 09-25-11 06:22 AM
In response to RockStar

I am going to start working on my Heritage Album and shopping online for supplies. It's a rainy, gloomy, chilly day here, perfect for scrapping!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am done cooking & cleaning for the day! I am washing my fleece so I can make the blanket I mentioned. My dd is going to help me when she comes over later this eve. I sure thought I would be crafting sooner. oh well.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to catzscrapper

• catzscrapper Said:
I am baking cookies for my guy today and have a set of pics of dogs I plan to scrap over the weekend. Plus I need to make 2 detour signs for the neighbor my guy is trying to kiss up to. The neighbor is a pig but I just do what's asked of me by my guy because he does alot for me

I am glad you are going to scrap a little! There is nothing wrong with doing stuff for your guy! I do lots of stuff for my dh all the time. He loves homemade treats. But he does incredible things for me too!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Hey Jude

• Hey Jude Said:
I'm on day 8 after gallbladder surgery, and still not quite strong enough to go to my grandson's birthday party (go-cart track). So I'm going to sit at home all by myself, and slowly and carefully tidy up my scrap table... maybe even go through a few sketches to get started on a new layout.

Why am I not upset about this???

Hi Judy! I am glad to hear you are far in your recovery! There is nothing wrong with you staying home to recover. I am sure everyone understands. Hey if you can scrap a litle.... that is great! LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Last Wednesday night I took a bunch of stuff out to the LSS in the next town over for their garage sale. Last night was "early bird shopping" for $5 (donated to the Food Pantry) so I went out to that. Waaaay too many people in waaay too small of a space. Still, I managed to spend money on a few stamp sets, some paper and a few stickers. I may go back today when maybe the crowd will be thinned down! We pick up our unsold items Monday night and I'll be anxious to see what sold and didn't sell of mine.

I love being in the scrapbook garage sales. I am so glad you got some new stuff. I hope that you sell lots!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Ugh, and the store I drove 30 miles to go to a liquidation... was closed and won't be starting the liquidation until next week.

I went into one of the small crappy Joann's stores, and they did have one of the stamps I wanted for $1, so that's cool.

I am so sorry to hear they were closed. I am happy that you got one of the stamps you want.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:
Ugh, I couldn't find the darn museum!! And I drove 45 minutes to get there ... but I did accomplish the rest on my list for today.

Tomorrow, brunch at the beach, and on the way back stop at AC's/M's and use my 50% off coupons for embossing supplies ... about time I challenge myself to learn a new technique.

I am sorry you couldn't find it. I am glad you got your list done. I know you will have fun when you go to the brunch. I know you will have fun shopping!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
Lets see i have done six quilled wreaths and will be workin one more to night. for now i am am doing up the was and putting the clothing aways. got behind

Hi Steph! I was wondering if you were doing ok. You have got lots done. You should be proud of your self.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Spooky29

• Spooky29 Said:
Well I went to my LSS today and donated school supplies and unused craft supplies (they were collecting for Binghamton NY schools that were flooded) and picked up some new Prima paper and the stamp of the month. I also finally set up my etsy store - just have to work on what will be in it - hopefully it will be up in a week or so!
Just received my big snapfish order too - so I think some scrapping is in the cards tomorrow, with some added housecleaning and other crafting!

It was great of you to donate for the flood. Congrats on your new store. Congrats on your new Prima paper. I love Prima paper. I am glad you will be cropping too!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ms. Mom

• Ms. Mom Said:
I made a 20 page scrapbook in five hours for a baby shower gift in the wee hours Sat. morning (12am to 3am, slept, worked on it again 8am to 10:30am). The shower started at 11:30........God help me, that's the last time for that nonsense! A co-worker offered to allow me to sell cards at her vendor booth at an Antiques sale coming up next weekend and I was supposed to begin working on those cards Sunday but I think I'mma start on Monday cause Sunday I'll be busy with church activities. I need to clean up my scraproom from last night's tornado before I begin anything new.

WOW You deserve a HUGE pat on the back for completing the album. OH my gosh. (and a round of applause too)Talk about working on a deadline.... lol You need a break. and sleep!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Lora

• Lora Said:
I am going to start working on my Heritage Album and shopping online for supplies. It's a rainy, gloomy, chilly day here, perfect for scrapping!

Hi Lora, I am glad you will be working on stuff too> It is so fun to work on heritage albums and shopping for them too!

Expert
In response to anda11

my family and I had our own little scrapfest. Sis in law..2 nieces and one great niece. Had a great time...more chattin than scrapping though..lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
my family and I had our own little scrapfest. Sis in law..2 nieces and one great niece. Had a great time...more chattin than scrapping though..lol

Hi deedee! I am so jealous of your family cropping! I am glad you had a great time! It is fun to crop with family. Chattin is important! LOl I used to make cards & old fashion scrapbooks with my Mom when I was growing up. She would sure love the scrap stores today!! & our wonderful tools etc! She loved using doilys. lol My daughter was in high school when we started scrapping the real wway. lol We did have lots of fun crop time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have decided to piece my quilt not tie it. I am trimming selvage & ready to piece it together. Then I will sew it. I am so thankful that i have 2 6 ft tables that I scrap at but I can put them together so they are 2 yards deep so I can sit on my wheelie chair so I do not hurt my back.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics