Username Post: Virtual Crop Week # 238 - Busy as Bees We Are        (Topic#1564657)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.
And we miss some of our old friends too!!!!

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Okay, new thread for your posting enjoyment
We're all so busy these days, but I myself have some new projects planned so lets see how it goes!

What are you all doing these days???

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Did some stuff last night for me. Me stuff. LOL

Then when I got home, hubby says "Lets go out"
Out as in you and I? Out as in no kids or grandkids? Out as in not fast food, but an actual bar with music?

I'm IN!!!

Okay the music was really bad Karaoke, but hey, it wasn't radiating from the walls of my kids rooms.

And the rest of the night shall not be mentioned here, cause it was not rated PG

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Today hubby is already hard at work on the drywall in my new studio

I need to go down and finish the prep work on my cabinets.
Then I need to decide if I'm going to take the time to do some wood work on the cabinets themselves, or start basecoating the doors and then work on the cabinets later.

I also need to make 2 birthday cards.
One for my lovely daughter who turns 20 tomorrow.
And one for my lovely granddaughter who is having her 16th birthday party today.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Yay for a night out! My hubby is taking me out to dinner tonight. I've been a little blue lately what with all the studying, trying to get caught up on the swaps I'm in, trying to figure out why we're not pregnant, trying to get something going on my etsy shop so I can bring in some extra cash to cover what I'm loosing with the hours cut, and blah blah blah. I think he saw that I needed something fun so he's taking me to Carabbas

Today I'm doing some studying, I have a test coming up on Tuesday. I'm trying to find time to make a green tomato pie and take it to my Grandma's house for my Pap. Trying to find time to work on my swaps. I'm so looking forward to winter break from class in December xD

Tomorrow we're having a birthday party for my nephew, he'll be 4!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to DesiLee

going to pick up my car from the dealership shortly. then I'll run some errands and hide in my room.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to moxiegirl23

okay, well, I did get one of the birthday cards made. Survived the party. Went out to Jake and Laura's to try to settle their paint dilemma (that doesn't look right, but it came up in spell check??) They were here last night for me to help pick the colors. When they put samples on the wall they realized I was right about one being dark, and the faux chairrail they were going to paint in didn't look right where they had it.
Sigh....

So I went out and looked and convinced her that her colors themselves were fine, it was the proportions that were off, so I think we got that settled. Had to check out Jamie's new bed anyway.

Bill has made amazing progress on the drywall. I am sooo excited about the way the room is coming together.

The doors of the cabinets were all prepped and ready so I went ahead and started on those. The insides now have 2 coats of base coat. The outsides have one....technically I hit them twice but I one was more of a touch up, so depending on what they look like in the morning, I might put one more coat on them. I also basecoated the front of one cabinet that was already prepped.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Still need to make one more birthday card, and wrap a couple of small presents for Meg, but not too many worries because she sleeps late everyday and we are taking her to brunch.

I also have to sit and review some legal paperwork. Phhhhhh......so not looking forward to it. But in another 6 weeks, hopefully it will all be over.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

I'm here and I'm exhausted. We've been slammed from 10pm to midnight, but tonight (and last night) we were slammed from the time I clocked in until the time we closed at midnight.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to BlingQueenRia

happy sunday ladies
no plan except make some cards or altered somerthing for fall trying to find tim new seasonal ink it coming soon here but i want some now,i love the colors some seller on evilbay is selling them for $25 and more i think alot of people want them that bad i will wait for $17 something,
love date night,me and dh do lunch date and sometime we play like we have a meeting someplace
so we can just hang together
CBL

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

new tags
love/remember/hero By Tealbrand

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
happy sunday ladies
no plan except make some cards or altered somerthing for fall trying to find tim new seasonal ink it coming soon here but i want some now,i love the colors some seller on evilbay is selling them for $25 and more i think alot of people want them that bad i will wait for $17 something,
love date night,me and dh do lunch date and sometime we play like we have a meeting someplace
so we can just hang together
CBL

They're gouging because it sold out first time around. Ranger is trying to make some more, they're going to go fast though and they won't be back until next year. I got mine from a local stamp store for $18

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

okay but i found a place for well 18!it 17.99
still 18,lost a bid it went from $17 2 $19! i am not paying that much and i ckeck back it was 35 dollar! ,no way!i will not paid this price for 3 ink pad

Edited by tealbrand on 09-25-11 02:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

Okay, I spent the last several hours reviewing some legal paperwork and working on more documentation. It is so stressful. Hopefully I have provided enough to get the job done.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

My craft room is all set up. I'm so excited. I love how it looks. I'm super happy that it's done and now I can get to work and mess it all up again.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

On the upside, I made a nice birthday card for dd this morning, then we went to brunch.
She then went to spend some time with friends, and then out to her father's family for dinner.

Hubby got a lot of work done in my studio. I am soooo impressed with him! And I am sooo happy with how my studio is coming out.
I didn't get to work on my cabinets at all today, but that's okay. I will have all day tomorrow. I also need to try out my paint samples and make a concrete decision on those. He says by next weekend we can prime the walls and maybe do a test patch of the color.

I have Jamie Tuesday and Wednesday so that will limit what I can do in the basement those days. Bill will be gone late tomorrow night so it will add to the amount of time I can spend down there.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Yay Liz! I can't wait to see pictures. I need to figure out all of my stuff too, once I get my new room. I'm going to have a lot of cabinets, but so far when it comes to my scrapping stuff I am more of a out of sight out of mind kind of person, so I hesitate to put too much of it in cupboards. But having the counterspace so that all of my tools will be out will be amazing!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to foltzy

liz congrats pic please

leebla cannot wait to see your new room too,
i want one but i am so use to scrappin when everyone around whenever chris leave i make his room my scraproom,

Edited by tealbrand on 09-26-11 04:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

I can scrap when people are around, and I can scrap alone. but currently my space to scrap is a tiny cubby and all of my tools and stuff are exploding out into my bedroom, and I have to dig things out to use them and then clean them up and after all these years of not having my own space for anything, hubby decided it was time. Besides, we have the space, it was just going to waste before.

I need to get myself fired up again though. I am losing my extreme motivation to get things accomplished and to stay on the move all the time. I need to make the most of every day and get things done and stop sitting around on my computer. Lately the wind has just gone out of my sails and I need to find it again.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

Here it is.

Top of the steps By Foltzy
The goal is to one day have you all up there.

Main area By Foltzy
Ignore Princess, she was mad because I shut the door to Micayla's room. Also ignore the water stains on the wall, the people never repainted it after they fixed the roof and I didn't realize it until after we bought the house (The inspector took a meter to it so I do know it's old and not leaking now). Also the white board will be on the wall eventually, I discovered last night it's missing a hook to hang it.

Corner of my scraproom By Foltzy
The Xyron is suppose to be on the top of the brown shelf thing but I forgot to put it back after I was done playing with it last night. As you can see I also use the window space for things. I don't use that window as it faces the neighbors one window and so I keep it closed.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

ah, very nice

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to foltzy

liz as one of your fake friend i am in texas,fort worth okay!love your space and love the hutch now get scrappin

leebla hope you get you spirit back

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to tealbrand

Liz I'm near Kansas City, Missouri. Love your drawers, btw. Very colorful! I almost got some of those myself, but didn't have room.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

good morning ladies
anyone thinking about getting tim seasonal ink
trying bidding on a set for 16.99 and went too 17.99 and someone really wanted them for 18.99 and then 19.99 i stop at 17 i am not paying that much for any ink pad unless tim came with them to show how to play with them

hi ria

Edited by tealbrand on 09-27-11 05:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

So...spent the morning watching Jamie run around like a mad man

took ds to hospital for a CT scan

took boys to Wendy's for food

watched Jamie run around like a mad man again

put Jamie down for a nap

Sitting here basically staring at the Essence, trying to stop yawning before I dislocate my jaw

He's here visiting. He keeps saying he's going in to watch a movie with his brother, but he just sits here and sighs

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

of coarse this means I'm not accomplishing anything on my to-do list either cause I feel rude not sitting here with him since he's actually here.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

Elizabeth, could he want something?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Not really Ria.
He's having a hard time right now.
His fiancee broke up with him cause after 2 years, one of which he lived with her family, she decided they were too serious.
His hero aunt, had a hissy fit and cut off all driving him to school since he totaled his car a month ago.
He had to withdraw from school.
And he's been sick and had to go to hospital today for CT scan and other tests. I took him, so he was here to visit for a while. He's overwhelmed, he's scared, and he's feeling the need for some stability.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

Then it could be that he just wants his momma. Who do we all want when we're sick or hurt or sad? Momma.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

that true ria it alway mom
i been working on cards for the think pink blog and i mess up one with glimmer mist maybe i can spray another color on it not this one but the next one

best mom By Tealbrand

here the mess up card with the mist

hero By Tealbrand

i found some tim ink pad on evilbay for $17.98 with $3.20 shipping getting them sometime next week

Edited by tealbrand on 09-27-11 01:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

Up late today, more big brown eyes!

Finished my cabinet doors last night. Need to go check them over, do any touch ups, then they can be put aside and the remaining cabinets can be cleaned, prepped, and done. that probably won't happen until after 5 though. Need to find my to-do list, update that, and attack it with anything I can do with tiny feet running around.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Geez o pete.....just checked my ebay listings...not one single bid. I don't seem to have a lot of luck there anymore.
Used to be a place where people went to buy nice gently used stuff...now I think everyone goes there to buy new stuff and the heck with the rest.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

awesome leebla
am i the only one scrappin today i think i need a nap had too much pepsi last night and could not really sleep and if i take a nap i be up again

u r my hero By Tealbrand

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

Wow, quiet week
I myself wasn't feeling fit for human interaction the last couple days, so I thought it best to avoid it! LOl

It's Friday, I guess I oughta be thinking of a snappy title for a new thread,,,,

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Hrm, it's the first week of October. Maybe something Halloween related? Creeeepy Crafters? lol

I'm getting my usual fall sinus infection so my brain is mush

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to DesiLee

hope you feel better soon desi!
leebla what you selling on evibay give me a link!pm of course

new title let me think on this

1.the boo crew
2.fang for the memories
3.a howlin good time

Edited by tealbrand on 09-30-11 05:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to tealbrand

Thanks Mel! It happens around this time every year. I guess it's the seasons changing. I'm actually glad it's happening now, I'm usually sick on either my birthday or Halloween. If it gets me now it'll be gone by then

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DesiLee

oops, didn't see all of those
well I'll keep them in mind for next week!

new thread

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics