Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: October Budget Challenge        (Topic#1565123)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome to the October Budget Challenge! We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of October that you want to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Sonja

My budget is: $140-$30-$14=$96.00-$31=$65-$25=$40-$10=$3 0-$54=BUSTED
Wish List: SOD kit, Storyteller kit, 12x12 album pages, MS Snowflake punch, Dusty Attic chipboard frame set, 5x7 cards Cricut Winter Frolic cartridge
Twist: NO PAPER or $1 bin stuff!

Alissa

Budget: $30-$16=$14-$9=$5 SO VERY BUSTED!
Wish: foam brushes, new Glitz design, new EP
Twist: xmas krap

Kelly

Budget: $130-$36=$94-$48=$46-$13= $33-??=BUSTED

Wish List: MS Himalayan snowflake punch, MS pansy PATP set, EK flower punch, 2in scallop square punch, patterned paper for Christmas cards, sheer white ribbon, dark blue ink, Heartfelt Creations Christmas dies & matching stamps, T.H. Tiny Attacher, Christmas PP, Winter Frolic cart

Twist: No paper other than what's listed, no flowers, no dollar bin items

Tammy

I am going to do a budget of $25
Wish: I don't have one - it's a just in case budget
Twist: I don't have one - it's a just in case budget

Courtney

Budget: $25-$27=BUSTED
Wishlist: whatever I "NEED" LOL
Twist: NO PAPER!! BAD GIRL

Tina

Budget: $75-$52=$22-$$$=BUSTED
Wish: Elegant Edges
Twist: paper

Vivian

Budget: $** -$9
Wants: Peachy Keen Stamps, Punches, and paper
Twist: none

Vanessa

Budget: $200-$37=$163-$25=$138-$1 39= BUSTED
Wishlist: 2" square punch, lace/other trims, paper flowers, project life, buttons, black or vanilla album, scraptastic kit
Twist: No. More. Paper!!!!

Katie

Wish list: adhesive, Slice products, stuff for my SIL's scrapbook.
Twist: stamps
Budget: TBD. $15-$2=$13

Doviana

Budget: $25
Wish: Pink paper and some breast cancer stuff
Twist: clear stamps

Shayla

Budget: $10
Wish: Adhesive
Twist: Paper

Edited by Kamananui on 10-25-11 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Thanks Kelly for keeping this going.
I am headed to an all day crop with some friends today. Will be back tomorrow with my budget.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Oh that sounds like fun. Have a great day, Tina!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Kamananui

I'm in. I have no idea on a budget or wish list yet!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

Thank you for hosting Kelly!!! I'm in again for sure! I love how this challenge always makes me be honest with what I spend on scrappy stuff - so when the dh wants to spend money on his toys, I can't say a thing!

I did HORRIBLE last month so I should have a budget of zero, but I have the SOD and Storyteller's kits to get and a few odds and ends here and there. I got some great fun stuff on the road trip too so of course I'm already down a bit How about a goal to actually USE all the goodies I've gotten??? LOL My project goal will be 20 pages for this month! I did knit a couple scarves while on the road tho... that should count for something!

My budget is: $140
Wish List: SOD kit, Storyteller kit, 12x12 album pages, MS Snowflake punch, Dusty Attic chipboard frame set, Cricut Winter Frolic cartridge
Twist: NO PAPER or $1 bin stuff!

(here's hoping...)

I'll think of more wishlist items, but at the moment I don't really need anything! And go ahead and mark off the Storyteller kit and $30 for the kit and another $14 from my road trip goodies. The KOA we stayed at in Rapid City, SD had a scrapbooking section in their store! The owner, I guess, is a big scrapper and just got back from Scrapfest! Wished I had gotten to meet her, but she was off that day we were there. I got some fun camping/rv-ing papers/embellies to use tho...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

I'm trying to figure out a realistic budget. I have a lot on my wish list this month, but of course, it's not all a necessity. **sigh**

Budget: $130

Wish List: MS Himalayan snowflake punch, MS pansy PATP set, MS flower punch, 2in scallop square punch, patterned paper for Christmas cards, sheer white ribbon, dark blue ink, Heartfelt Creations Christmas dies & matching stamps, T.H. Tiny Attacher, Christmas PP, Winter Frolic cart

Twist: No paper other than what's listed, no flowers, no dollar bin items

Edited by Kamananui on 10-03-11 03:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

You rock my world, Kelly! Thanks for hosting!

Budget: $30
Wish: foam brushes, new Glitz design, new EP
Twist: xmas krap

That's all I have for now.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to runzalot81

I'll do whatever it takes to see my sweet, Alissa. We don't see you often enough these days. It makes me pouty.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

LOL @ Alissa's twist! I seriously snorted here b/c I know the feeling!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I am going to do a budget of $25
Wish: I don't have one - it's a just in case budget
Twist: I don't have one - it's a just in case budget

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

OHHH i heart you Kelly...thank you so much for hosting!!

I would like to join in this month....

Budget: $25 (crossing my fingers and toes I can show self control) and this does not include my monthly kit clubs...
Wishlist: whatever I "NEED" LOL
Twist: NO PAPER!!

I think i need to go back to work to support my scrappy habit LOL!! Have had a couple of interviews so its been positive at least....although my DH loves having me home....its too much work at home LOL at least when i worked i had an excuse why the house was a mess LOL no more!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I'm having a hard time making a budget.
I know I have Cricut club tomorrow night...
I can't think of a thing I need...
but been trying to find Elegant Edges Cricut cart at a decent price...
I guess I will say $75...I don't have to spend it if I don't find it or any other cart cheap:)

Thanks for allowing me to think out loud.

Twist: paper

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, Elegant Edges is a favorite of mine.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $**

Wants: Peachy Keen Stamps, Punches, and paper (yep, need to update my boy stash)

Twist: none

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Vivian Lake

This might be a record breaking month. It's day 4, and no one has busted yet.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Tina, a friend of mine got Elegant Edges on Ebay for $29.99 and free shipping. I've gotten a lot of cartridges through Ebay, specifically the seller 'ProudParents.' Just a tip!

$25?!? Courtney! Tammy! You're making me look like a scrap-glutton! Well, I do include my SOD kit in my budget though...

@ Courtney!!! I totally understand that! DH loved having me at home when I was unemployed! He had this crazy, cackameme idea the house would be cleaner when I was home... He did gain about 10lbs when I was off cuz I spent more time trying to make fancier meals tho... Glad to hear you've had a few interviews! I'm sending you good vibes!

I spent $9 at Target on some cute Halloween stuff by K&Company... nothing I needed, but some stuff I wanted!

And speaking of angel.... We got a new !!! It's the dh's fault this time... the area he works is part of south L.A. and is unfortunately a dumping ground for unwanted dogs and cats. (Its where our current cat came from via me.) Someone in his office found this adorable white kitten and knew we wanted a white one to go with our current black one. She's only 3 weeks old and will be named Gabriel(la) or Gabi for short. So we have Lucifer and Gabriella! My dad said when I told him,'I said grandkids not grandkittens!!'

Edited by SonjaC on 10-04-11 03:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
This might be a record breaking month. It's day 4, and no one has busted yet.

Hang on... I haven't even begun to shop!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja I love your kitties names!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I am still so terribly proud of myself that I didn't shop last weekend

Sonja, I have all kinds of stuff I shouldn't be buying the xmas stuff is is the most ridiculous right now.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

lmao Sonja!! congrats on the new kitty....cant wait for you to scrap her!!

I havent shopped...and yes @ $25 LOL...I am waiting to see if I have gotten approved for unemployment yet SOOOO spending will be extremely limited for me LOL!! Trust me i want to be able to add a zero to that....but this will be a great opportunity for me to use my stash....Did I mention that I got ALL of the add ons in the SOD kit..so I spent $150 on that LMAO...shhhhhh don't tell DH!! LOL

Alissa, I am loving the christmas stuff that is out!! I am trying so hard to resist!!

Ok i have to be an enabler for a minute...have you all seen the new Bo Bunny lines??? Enchanted and Snowfall...OHH EMMM GEEE they are gorgeous!! you have to go look!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Sonja, congratulations on your new kitty. Can't wait to see pictures of your baby.

Courtney, I saw Snowfall yesterday, and fell in love. That blue and brown is gorgeous. I want it, and we don't even get snow here.

scrapnessy
Veteran
scrapnessy

I have been following this challenge since August and I think it's time to join:) My wallet could definitely use it!!

Budget: $200
Wishlist: 2" square punch, lace/other trims, paper flowers, project life, buttons, black or vanilla album, scraptastic kit
Twist: No. More. Paper!!!!

I have no idea how much I will be spending for project life, so I estimated a price. $200 seems like a lot, but it doesn't go too far when shipping and customs are added to my purchases

Oh! The scraptastic kit can be crossed off, along with $37

Edited by scrapnessy on 10-04-11 08:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to scrapnessy

Sonja I've gotten several carts from that same place. I should have gotten Elegant edges a while back tho, cuz it is going for more now.

Sonja and Courtney I was unhappy with my job just over a year ago, didn't get paid a thing and was hard to get time off if needed, so DH helped me decide to quit. After he noticed the house was cleaner, the laundry always done, dinner on the table, etc and I wasn't grumpy. I'm still not working and everytime I mention applying for a job, he says he loves me home. So I'm here to stay for a while longer anyway:)
BTW Our eating out budget has declined but my scrapping budget has gone up-LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Hi Vanessa, welcome to the challenge! Good luck with your budget.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
BTW Our eating out budget has declined but my scrapping budget has gone up-LOL

OMG I totally cracked up there!! Our eating out budget dropped to zero when I was unemployed, but that was when I started this whole scrapping craze! Sounds like you have a good deal going on at home at least! And I agree, I'm kicking myself for not getting the Edges cart!

Thanks all - I cannot wait to show her off! She is sooo tiny! She can't be more than 4 weeks old and she was soo dirty from the streets. What is wrong with people?! She has a vet appointment tonight so we'll see how healthy she is. And Luci seems to be okay with her for now, though she did glare at us during dinner like 'Really?! We're not even going to discuss the noisy white thing taking over my bathroom?! WTH?!'

Hear you there Courtney! That waiting game for the unemployment approval is nerve-wracking and it's a joke really how much you actually get! OMG! That's right, you did go for the whole schebang at SOD this month! When you put it that way, $25 is a lot!

Dang it... I love winter papers so will probably cave on the new Bo Bunny stuff...

Vanessa, what's project life? Sounds intriguing! And just so you know, we never count shipping or taxes here!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

That's right, Sonja, show the newbie all the loop holes in our challenge. BTW we don't count adhesive either.

Bo Bunny, Martha Stewart (all the new deep edge
PATPS), and Heartfelt Creations are trying to kill me and my budget. This is going to be a really tough month. I'm dying to shop today. And let us not forget I hold the 50% off MS coupon in my hands...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

That's what I'm here for! And go get your snowflake punch, Kelly!! (wow, am I an enabler or what?! LOL)

I just realized today that I have tons of supplies to get this month for a Cricut class I'm taking - eek!! How am I going to get around that... any more loopholes, Kel?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

What Cricut class are you taking, Sonja? I would love to take a Cricut class.

Seriously want my Himalayan snowflake punch, but the only place that currently has it in stock is here. I keep stalking Ms, so I can use a coupon. Maybe on my way to Trader Joe's today, I'll pop in for another look.

Not to enable or anything, but Joann's has free shipping on any orders over $35 with code. I spent $35.66 on my square scallop punch, the Tiny Attacher and extra staples (I've wanted one of these for so long now!) and two teensy EK success flower punches that can be used to make itty bitty roses. I feel like I could still shop too. This is going to be a long, hard month for me...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Flying Unicorn has a 13% off your entire purchase promotion going on all month long.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

M's in Granada Hills has a really good class program and last month was offering 50% class fees for the rest of the year. I signed up for like 5 classes:
- Tim Holtz Tags of Christmas,
- Operation Christmas Card,
- Cricut Off the Page: Winter Frolics,
- Cards in a Flash, and
- Martha Stewart Punch Around the Edge.

The Cricut one is first and you have to have the Winter Frolics cartridge, hence why it's on my Wishlist - and I just won it on Ebay for $22!!! Its 2 hours of using your Cricut for projects other than scrapbooking pages. We decorated candy jar, 2 cards and a candle jar all using the cartridge. I'm really excited for it as I'm dying to learn new techniques for my Cricut machine!

Ohhh, I've been eyeing some of Joann's stock of GMs... Alissa, what is Flying Unicorn???

Nope! Nope nope nope! My supply list for the first two classes will prob wipe me out this month... again!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Welcome Vanessa - and yes please tell us about Project Life!

I am soooooo in love with the Bo Bunny Snowfall - it reminds me of an old Bohemia christmas paper.

I am not looking at sites, I am not looking at sites, I am not looking at sites. I have a few birthday gifts to buy this month and I want to start my Christmas shopping.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I seriously think BB Snowfall will be my Christmas paper this year. It's stupid since there is no snow here, but I really like it.

Sonja, holy smokes!! You really did sign up for a lot of classes at Ms. Tell me how you like them.

Well, I suck. I went to Ms to use my 50% off of Martha S. coupon, and they had nothing I wanted. I'm going to take the coupon over to Js and see if they will honor it. I really want the pansy PATP set. The stuff I ended up buying was adhesive and party supplies, so nothing out of my budget there. However, I came home and felt sad about not getting anything and went over to Lindy's Stamp Gang and bought 5 Moon Shadow Mists and some embossing powder. $24 gone in flash. Then I went and bought a Shapeabilities die. I'm blaming Lisa Gregory. I saw a fabulous flower she made (with the die and Moon Shadow Mist) and I had to have the stuff to make it. That woman could convince me to buy anything. Her work is so freaking amazing.

scrapnessy
Veteran
scrapnessy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja I'll send you a PM with links for project life.. I'm so excited to start it!! It's a lot simpler than making LOs for everything, but good for documenting daily activities, or even weekly/monthly. I'm glad I don't have to count s+h or adhesives, because I believe I might even go over the $200 for the month! Eek! And you thought you were a scrap glutton - I think I may be in trouble for spending so much, so all "evidence" of my purchases will be conveniently misplaced

scrapnessy
Veteran
scrapnessy

Tammy, I'll also send you a PM with links

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

here's my wish list: adhesive, Slice products, stuff for my SIL's scrapbook.
Twist: stamps
Budget: TBD. $15 or $75

My budget depends if I get a job or not. I should know by this time next week, so I can have a firm budget.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

My budget will be average but my spending most likely will be down. Too busy trying to get my house ready and my October schedule is so full of appointments!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

O boy I am in trouble. I saw a class at A's I want to take. And Last night in Cricut club I used Lacy labels, and now I want that too.
I also had J's order me Elegant Edges. It was on sale this week and they didn't have it.

So that was $37. Cheaper than what I was finding anywhere else.

My class was $10, supplies $5.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I think I'm ACU. Everyone please check the front page and make sure everything is correct.

I feel like I might venture out today and search for my pansy PATP set. I'm becoming obsessed with it.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Not that I want to admit this, Kelly, but you gotta take another $9 off from my splurge at Target and $22 plus cross off the Winter Frolics cartridge!
And I'm thisclose to caving on the FF deal today....
More importantly I am jonesing for some scrappy time! I told the dh that Monday (Columbus Day, and I'm off) is officially declared as scrap day! He's not allowed to come home and say 'What have you done all day?' b/c the answer is SCRAP!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Mine's right, but I feel a bust coming on already, really only $22 left and a $20 class I want to take and a cart I want

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I feel a bust coming on too. I need to check my receipts. I may have already tipped this month. I did go to Js and use my 50% off MS coupon there. I bought the last pansy PATP set they had. Victory is mine!!

Edited by Kamananui on 10-06-11 04:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

It's probably bad form for the hostess to bust first.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Kamananui

I returned some stuff at Archiver's and used the $ to buy some paper. I still have a store credit there. Does that count in my budget?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to kdinsmore

Nope, if you returned something, and used the return money for the purchase, it doesn't count.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I went to M's for something tonight for a gift for a friend and couldn't find anything - walked out empty handed! Good for me!

doviana
New Kid On the Block
doviana

Ok I'll give it a shot...

Budget I'll say... maybe 25$ since it doesn't include adhesive.

Wants: Pink paper and some breast cancer stuff because of my crop this weekend, don't know what else

Avoiding... clear stamps

and this doesn't include the entry for my crop this weekend cause my hubby bought that for me in sept!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to doviana

welcome doviana! Wow you truly are a newbie here to SB.com - we are honoured to have you join our challenge (we get a little crazy from time to time but all in good fun).

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome Doviana.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Went to J's last night with my mom. Spent $9 on a punch and Kraft paper.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

Sonja, Flying Unicorn is a scrapbooking store. The owner Alda loves to provide international manufacturers that you can't get in the US. If you go over there, be sure to check out Riddersholm, Pion, and The ScrapCake. And, of course, she has plenty of American favorites.

The ScrapCake
Moments We Share *Flying Unicorn* By Runzalot81

Heartfelt Flowers *Flying Unicorn* By Runzalot81

Riddersholm
Sympathy Card *Flying Unicorn* By Runzalot81

magical mommy moment *flying unicorn* By Runzalot81

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Vivian spent $9 on a punch?!! *faint*

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Alissa these are all gorgeous, I need to check out that store.

Welcome Doviana!

Got a coupon for J's 2o% off even sale items, the day after I special ordered my cart there. That stinks, would have had $7 extra in my budget.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

So hypothetically speaking, if you were already busted and determined to make the most of your 50% off MS coupon, and really wanted another butteryfly punch because you are sick of the one you have, would you:

A: Buy the classic butterfly

B: Buy the 3-2 classic butterfly

C: Buy the royal butterfly

(the royal butterfly isn't sold here, so no pics)

Edited by Kamananui on 10-07-11 08:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

well of the 2 shown I would pick the 3 in 1 to give myself options cause I just know me (or is that you) would end up buying it anyway after I got sick of the 1st one! LOL

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-07-11 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Good job, Tammy, for not buying anything.

I've decided the royal butterfly is ugly, so I'll probably go for the 3-1. I'm so indecisive. Thanks for the help, Tammy.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I just think the 3 in 1 is more versatile because of the different sizes.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Wow Alissa! Those are gorgeous!! I don't think we have any Flying Unicorn stores around here.. drat! I thought LA was the center of everything?! For being the 'center' or whatever, we sure are way behind on LSS!! LOL

Kelly - I'm thinking 3 in 1 just cuz I like to have options too!

Welcome Doviana! Fair warning... we tend to be enablers here..

Tammy I am SO impressed! I can never walk out of Ms w/o spending at least $1!

Just want to go on record that I am NOT stalking Ebay for stuff I don't need... I am NOT searching products I've been eyeing for months... I am NOT drooling over the SnowFall collection... I'm NOT! I'm NOT! I'm NOT!!

Edited by SonjaC on 10-07-11 10:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, Flying Unicorn is an online store.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

OOOHHH Alissa.... YOu shouldn'ta told me that...

But I'm glad you did!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Alright... Take $5.99 off my total... I caved on today's Peachy deal... Just too cute!!! Sooo not what I need, but it wasn't that much anyway!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Good job, Tammy, for not buying anything.

I've decided the royal butterfly is ugly, so I'll probably go for the 3-1. I'm so indecisive. Thanks for the help, Tammy.

I've got the 3 in 1 and like the different size options

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

ahhh Sonja - I think we all knew you were stalking somewhere! LOL

I do love that Flying Unicorn store too.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Spent $16 today. No xmas krap.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Cross off foam brushes and Glitz Design.

scrapnessy
Veteran
scrapnessy
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Wow Alissa! Those are gorgeous!! I don't think we have any Flying Unicorn stores around here.. drat! I thought LA was the center of everything?! For being the 'center' or whatever, we sure are way behind on LSS!! LOL

Kelly - I'm thinking 3 in 1 just cuz I like to have options too!

Welcome Doviana! Fair warning... we tend to be enablers here..

Tammy I am SO impressed! I can never walk out of Ms w/o spending at least $1!

Just want to go on record that I am NOT stalking Ebay for stuff I don't need... I am NOT searching products I've been eyeing for months... I am NOT drooling over the SnowFall collection... I'm NOT! I'm NOT! I'm NOT!!

Hahaha I don't believe you! And if you actually aren't, I wish I could say the same! I've got several shopping carts on different sites just screaming for me to click the check out button!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I had to return something at Ms today. I ended up spending most of my return money, but nothing out of pocket. Copics were on sale for $3.14 each, but they didn't have much in stock. I was able to find 5 markers I didn't have. I also got my butterfly punch.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Yay Alissa!!!

Kelly which punch did you settle on?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

My scraproom disgusts me. I have piles of stuff sitting everywhere and can't even think to scrap.
Anyone want to come by and help me organinze???????????????? ???????????????????
I'd pay you in scrapping supplies you can stay under budget ...then I could buy more

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tammy, I purchased the 3-1, but I'm hoping the big butterfly on that page isn't too small. It seems kinda small. Maybe I still need the other one too. I like having options...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Sonja, I'm pretty sure none of us believe that you are not stalking scrap krap. Behave girl.

Vanessa, back away from the online shopping carts. You can do it.

People, do as I say, not as I do. I am a poor example of a leader.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Alissa, which new EP are you jonesing for? used to be I couldn't resist anything with BG's name on it. This year, not a whole lot of BG has found it's way into my scrappy space. EP on the other hand is rapidly working it's way into my number one paper love.

And Tina, my room is a disaster too. We should post pictures to see which of us has the worst room. Too bad we didn't live closer. We'd could clean yours, then clean mine, and then mess them both up again.

Courtney, how are you doing? Is your budget still safe?

Edited by Kamananui on 10-08-11 07:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Kelly, I got Happy Days recently and now I want Times and Seasons.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Times and Seasons is awesome. I've been wanting it too. Not that I need anymore paper...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Kelly that would have been a great idea.
I did get a great start on it tho and hope to be able to scrap again tomorrow night.

I too love EP and BG papers!

scrapnessy
Veteran
scrapnessy
In response to tinadn

I went into a new (to me) craft store and could not resist.. I got some buttons, stickles, and glass bulbs to decorate for Christmas presents. Would they count? I spent $30 total, so if the bulbs don't count, then it would be $25 for scrappy things. I like to think I'm doing well so far.. but then again, we are only 1/3 through the month. Fighting the urge to spend!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I have no idea what you guys are talking about!

I was good today! I actually used what I have and made a couple pages and a card! Go me!

Yaay Kelly, you got your punch!! Let me know how you like that one... the snowflake one on my list is 3in1, but I'm hesitant...

Tina, I'd be happy to come help you clean, but I think the trip there would probably cost more than any goodies you were offering! Ah some day!

Big BG fan here... (I'm assuming you mean Basic Grey, right?)! Also a BB and self-appointed Prima junkie...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Free shipping WORLDWIDE at Flying Unicorn today. Just sayin'.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh nooooo - thanks Alissa - I did sooo well not caving on these paper deals I saw yesterday. Must not go checking out online sites.

Vanessa hun no your Christmas balls don't count. And for that matter if you are just using the other stuff on those and not for scrappy items they wouldn't count either (just a wee loophole lol)

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

• runzalot81 Said:
Vivian spent $9 on a punch?!! *faint*

NO no no no no. $9 on punch AND Kraft paper. Total.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Hey ladies sorry Im late but I am here budget $10 again (moved over from last month) My twist is no pp!! My budget is mostly for adhesive...

Hope you ladies are having a great weekend! thanks again Kelly for hosting!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ShaylaCreations

hi Shayla! Glad to see you!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh noooo I went to the Flying Unicorn - must be strong

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

FREE shipping. FREE international shipping. FREE.

Be sure to check out: Pion, ScrapCake, and Riddersholm

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
hi Shayla! Glad to see you!

thanks Tammy I got stuck in traffic lol how are you doing?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

stuck behind some big ole truck that says - no scrapping on this highway....

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Ladybing Tammy Said:

way to stay strong

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

ooohhhhh and be sure to check out the Gallery of Olympia at Flying Unicorn

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-09-11 03:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • Ladybing Tammy Said:

way to stay strong

You guys are too funny

scrapnessy
Veteran
scrapnessy

Well, there goes myy budget! I caved on the 25% off page protectors, and ordered a bunch and then some. I figured if I was ordering them, then it couldn't hurt to get a couple of punches (2 square & 1 scallop edge), then decided to get some leaves and prima flowers.. and more buttons, because I need buttons like I need a toothache! So that was $110.25 .... woooops!

AND THENNN I read runzalot81's post about free shipping at Flying Unicorn and went just to check it out and see what they carry, and could not resist getting some stickles and glimmer mists. The total was $28.69, which wasn't too bad for 4 bottles of stickles, 1 container of crackle paint, 1 container of glimmer glam, and 2 glimmer mists.

Thank you Tammy!:) I did buy the stickles with the intent of using them for the bulbs, but ended up using them for LOs already.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

No No NO... Alissa the enabler! Glad I got home I think too late to take advantage of that sale... buuut it's not stopping me from looking! I'm such a weak-willed shopper

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Well done Vanessa! The newbie busted!!! Yes! LOL but it sounds like you had fun.

scrapnessy
Veteran
scrapnessy

Hahaha I'm a scrapaholic and shopaholic ... double trouble!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Someone quick talk me off the ledge! I've got mists and flowers in my Flying Unicorn cart and am about to hit pay! EEK! It's only $35, but still, that'd be my budget!

Of course, next to Vanessa, I dont feel so bad...
Just teasing of course - I'm really just insanely jealous!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Okay, forget it... I think I'm going to splurge... I've wanted brown mists forever, but I have four in there and don't think I need them all... Which ones do you u guys recommend?
- Tattered Leather
- Coffee Shoppe
- Chocolate-Covered Cherries or
- Suede

I also have Pearl in there which is a 'yes' so was thinking two more... Any suggestions?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I have no idea about brown mists Sonja - sorry I can't help.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I have Tattered Leather and Coffee Shop. I love them both.

Alissa is dealing paper crack. Yikes. Thank God, I missed the free shipping deal. I wanted that Christmas paper Alissa showed me. Phew. I'm safe for now. Well, my budget is blown, but my husband's budget is safe for now.

BTW, I need to find my receipts. I bought the MS Stamp around the page starter set (for 50% off at Ms) and two additional stamp sets for it. Can't wait to play with it. It looks so cool!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Hello ladies...I totally miss my budget buddies!! I haven't blown my budget!! No time to shop! We went down to the Sailboat show in Annapolis this weekend and had a fantabulous time!

Preparing for a phone interview tomorrow! Life is just so busy....plus we are coming up on our 1 year anniversary...wow how the time flies.

Hope all you ladies are doing well!! And i will be able to check in better later tonight!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Courtney how much fun! And Kelly I hear you - I somehow managed not to purchase the checkout button!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Did someone say "budget"? Excuse me while I go and research that in the dictionary . . .

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Mistress Vivian is in the house to whip us all into submission. I promise I'll be good for the rest of this week.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics