Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: STAMPED IMAGE #11 -OFFICIALLY POSTAL TODAY        (Topic#1565477)
ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

This is a great way to expand your stamp collection without actually having to buy more stamps. This swap will be limited to the first 15 people to sign up.

Due Date: In my hands by DECEMBER 15TH.
Who can join?
Flakers need not apply! If you have flaked on a swap with anyone before - don't bother signing up. If I don't know about you flaking, someone else will surely let me know.

Life happens and things come up that might get in the way. The key is communication. It only takes a few seconds to post “just checking in” or “jci”. Don’t leave me or your group members hanging and wondering when/if you will be fulfilling your obligation. This is frustrating and not fair to others. Be considerate. If you can’t get online at least once a week for a simple checkin - don’t sign up. If you can’t get your items to me (in my hands – not dropped in the mail – in my hands!) by the due date – don’t sign up. FLAKERS NEED NOT APPLY! If you have flaked on one of my swaps before – don’t bother signing up.

You must post:
• at least once a week (check in),
• when you are postal , and
• when you receive your returned items

Details: Each person to sign up will pick their favorite 2 stamps and imprint them in black on white cardstock. Cut into a square/rectangle to fit the image. Stamped images need to be at least 1”x1”. Image should be able to stand as an alone image. Send in 15 of each image. So you will send in 32 images in total and receive back 30 different stamped images. Please choose quality images to send. Pick images that you would use on your cards! Please let me know as soon as you decide a description of your two stamps and the manufacturer of the stamp. This will help keep a variety of images. It will also provide participants with the stamp information after they receive the images.

Mailing: Place all stamped images inside a Ziploc bag which will go inside your mailing envelope. Please send a return address label and as much postage as it took to send to me plus two extra postage stamps. Also, if you are reusing an envelope, please be sure it is in good enough shape for the return trip to you. I would recommend sending in a bubble envelope to protect your images from getting bent or damaged.

A note from the last swap - most of the images were stamped on a 4x6 pieces of cardstock. Please mail in an envelope large enough to accomodate larger pieces for the return trip to you. PM me for address when ready to mail.
For my Canadian swappers, I have learned that it's hard for you to buy US stamps in Canada for the return trip. If you are able to get stamps, that is fine but if not I do accept PayPal. What I will do is send you a PM with the postage amount and once the money has been sent through PayPal I will mail your package back.

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- -------------------------

DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS THE FOLLOWING STAMPS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SWAPPED:

STAMPIN UP
OUR DAILY BREAD DESIGNS
UNITY, inc
I Brake for Stamps/Embossing stamps, inc.

ANY DIGITAL IMAGE YOU BOUGHT

THESE ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED.. MORE WILL BE ADDED AS WE HERE FROM THE COMPANIES THAT WE EMAILED.

CTMH
HAMPTON ARTS
JUST RITE
BASIC GREY
PAPER INSPIRATIONS
OUTLINES RUBBER STAMP COLLECTIONS
EK SUCCESS
STAMPERS ANONYMOUS
IMPRESSION OBSESSION
STAMPENDOUS
FISKARS
DARK ROOM DOOR

- received by me
received by you

RAK Small gift to first 3 peeps to send in stamps.

1. Moonpuff 10/17/11 woot woot
2. Morninggloryscrapper 10/27 woot woot
3. Cutencrafty 10/27 woot woot

My addy:

Kim LoCurto
24 Kathleen Crescent
Coram, NY 11727

YOU MUST SEND IN 2 DIFFERENT STAMPS

IMAGE GROUP

1. Cutencrafty 10/27
2. 6ta 12/23
3. Squirmys Mom 11/5
4. Moonpuff 10/17
5. DisneyLisa dragonfly from the Stampendous set Flutterfly friends. 12/12
6. Latarris 12/8
7. ScrapAngel4 12/15
8. Phonechi29 12
9. Zoila 12/21
10. MorningGloryScrappers I'm doing a cupcake from CTMH Cricut set and a sketchy daisy from CTMH set "A Friend is" 10/27

11. ladylockwd 11/5
12. Jenniferd1009 Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Mini Halloween "Skull and Crossbones" and "Happy Halloween" on one set and Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz French Market "Eiffel Tower - Paris" on the other. 11/7

13. Sassy Suzi 12/22
14. Jenbustillo 12/5
15. Sassy Suzi 12/22

Edited by ScrapAngel4 on 01-05-12 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to ScrapAngel4

Thanks for the invite! I've been looking for this swap.

I'd like to take 1 spot please.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to cutencrafty

Just one group this time?
I would love to join (and if you do a sayings group, add me to that as well please)

Moon

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 10-13-11 08:13 AM
In response to moonpuff

Add me...thx!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to 6ta

Thanks for thinking of me Kim! I'm totally in!!!

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin
In response to Ariwass

would love to join, this is super easy! I just bought new stamps on a great sale.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to CraftyTwin

I'd like to join. My first image is a dress form and the second is a high heel shoe; both are from the Close to My Heart "Find Your Style" collection.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to i heart scrapping

I am postal

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to moonpuff

thank you for the invite, but I can't. I'm in FL right now and all my supplies are in CT.

Hope everyone has fun w/ the swap.

Monique

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Monique_McCoy

I only did one group this time because not everyone likes the saying ones.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

bumping

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

LOL.. I like the says ones better than the images LOL

You know, i am always unique

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29
In response to moonpuff

I'd like to join. What kind of images are you looking for?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Phonechic29

• Phonechic29 Said:
I'd like to join. What kind of images are you looking for?

welcome! u can send in anything you like.. just no holiday ones.. ex.. a dress, any animal, or anything else you may have.. esp. if you have something different...

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

any more players?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

bumpity bump

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I have my images done. I had some extra time last night! One is a boy acting like a boy and the other one is flowery flourish.

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

I would like to join!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to MorningGloryScrapper

welcome MorningGLoryScrapper

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

I'm doing a cupcake from CTMH Cricut set and a sketchy daisy from CTMH set "A Friend is"

eta- I'm postal :-) (Yay for a monday off to get lots of stuff done)

Edited by MorningGloryScrapper on 10-17-11 11:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

awesome! ty

ladylockwd
Tenant
ladylockwd

I would like to sign up for this swap.

Donna - [email protected]

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Here is my descriptions of my 2 stamps and the manufactures. Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Stamp #1 cupcakes (it's from the stamp set Crazy for cupcakes from Stampin Up)

Stamp #2 will be a monkey hanging saying thanks a bunch
(it's from the stamp set Kidoodles from Stampin Up)

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Ariwass

hey ladies feel free to spread the word around for other players to play

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

bumping

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

My images are stamped and ready to mail. I used saying, sorry to you ladies who like images.

Friend. (what you would see if you looked the word friend up in the dictionary) made from studio g at Michaels
"live today and remember it tomorrow", got this stamp from Hobby Lobby or Michaels for $1.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 10-21-11 06:25 AM

JCI...i will be choosing my stamps today and getting them done too...lol i hope...

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

After a short delay due to craziness caused by a 3 day sub job and a show that opens in a week, the postman has picked up my package and it is on its way to NY. :-)

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

awesome ladies!

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

I had a note from my mail lady yesterday, saying that I didn't use enough postage. According to my scale I did, but *shrugs* I did include extra stamps inside (2 more than I used) but if it is more- -I will repay you! I'm sorry for the trouble. Its not postage due- thanks to small town post office- I just have to stick the money in the mailbox tomorrow.

ladylockwd
Tenant
ladylockwd

I finished my stamped images and will be sending them in in the next couple of days.

Donna - ladylockwd

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to ladylockwd

I sent mine out in the mail today.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

awesome ladies!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Woo Hoo! Mine arrived!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

What the heck, sign me up for a spot. I spent almost 90 minutes this morning at a stamp store that is closing forever today at 4pm. Everything was 75% off so needless to say I got a bunch of great deals (and lots of new stamps) but now I'm sad.

PS - I got several images from Donna as part of a hostess gift recently and loved them. Interested to see what she sends for this.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 10-25-11 12:33 PM
In response to disneylisa

ok i decided on my images...well one of them...
its an image from the stampin up set called Greeting Card kids...of a lil girl pulling a lil wagon with a lil xmas tree on it...

i will go through my stash again just to make sure on the second image.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to 6ta

I'd like to join if this swap is still open.
It would be my very first swap.

Please let me know!

ladylockwd
Tenant
ladylockwd

Hi Scrapangel

I sent my images in today. Please let me know when you receive them.

Donna - ladylockwd

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to squirmys mom

• squirmys mom Said:
I'd like to join if this swap is still open.
It would be my very first swap.

Please let me know!

yes! join us! and welcome

thanks Lisa for joining also!

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 10-26-11 07:21 AM

My second image is a fashion coat with fur on a hanger...

New Kid On the Block

Hi, I've got some CD's that I bought...hey, infact I've got a few that I downloaded too...can I swap these!??!?!?! It's allowed surely....cause what you're doing is illegal too but surely you'll allow CD's to be swapped?!?!?!?!??!

It's called copyright theft of SOMEONE ELSE's INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY!??!?! Maybe you should all google that some time instead of googling for free swaps!!!!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to MegandNicsmum

THESE ARE SCRAPBOOK.COM'S OWN RULES

All swaps that take place on Scrapbook.com need to be legally swappable items.

Digital items that are licensed for the purchaser *cannot* be "traded" or sent to another neighbor without violating that company's copyright.

Stamped images MAY be acceptable, or may not be acceptable, given that company's "angel policy". Scanned images of stamps are 100% *not* acceptable.

These swaps are, simply, theft from the original creator. They will not be tolerated here; the post will be removed, and continued "swapping" will result in removal from the site.

Thanks for your cooperation

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 10-26-11 08:19 AM

If it wasn't allowed why have they let swaps like this in the past...if you don't want to participate just stay off the thread??? let us have our fun!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to 6ta

NO...this post has been reported....!!! What you're doing is illegal!!!

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

What we are doing is not illegal.

Sorry for the lengthy quote, but here is the legal disclaimer from Close To My Heart- the company that made the stamps I used for this swap. notice where it says you CAN use them to sell, as long as you hand stamp and cite CTMH (which I did when I said I was using their stamps)

• Quote:
CLOSE TO MY HEART ANGEL POLICY

All Close To My Heart designs are copyrighted by CTMH Co. and are protected under United States and international copyright law, which means they cannot be copied without Close To My Heart’s permission. Close To My Heart’s Angel Policy grants limited permission (a license) to purchasers of Close To My Heart stamps to create hand-stamped artwork for sale. Close To My Heart does not limit the types of hand-stamped creations that may be sold under this policy, within reasonable standards of good taste. The terms and conditions of this "Angel Policy" are outlined below:

Close To My Heart designs may only be used in the creation of original, hand-stamped artwork.
Any artwork created using Close To My Heart designs must not infringe third-party copyrighted material. The artist must accept full responsibility for his or her artwork.
No stamp design may be reproduced or copied by any means, except hand-stamping, including photocopying, computer scanning and printing, or by freehand drawing. Artwork for sale must be personally hand-stamped by the selling artist, and any mass production or use of paid workers is prohibited.
The following notice must appear on hand-stamped artwork created for resale: “Designs © CTMH Co.”
Completed hand-stamped artwork may be sold at craft fairs, fundraisers, retail locations, and over the Internet. In the sale of hand-stamped artwork, Close To My Heart trademarks and logos may not be used prominently or in any manner which might lead consumers to believe the hand-stamped artwork itself is a Close To My Heart product.
Hand-stamped artwork may be sold alone or in conjunction with Close To My Heart products.
Sales may be made only in the United States (including U.S. Territories), Canada, or on U.S. military installations (as permitted).
Close To My Heart designs and images may not be used in non-Close To My Heart business logos, trademarks, or promotional materials.
Close To My Heart may amend its policies governing the use of its copyrighted designs and images, including the Angel Policy, at any time. Amendments to such policies are effective upon publication unless otherwise noted and will be posted on the official Close To My Heart website. Close To My Heart reserves the right to deny or terminate permission to use Close To My Heart designs and images with respect to any particular person.

New Kid On the Block

"Close To My Heart designs may only be used in the creation of original, hand-stamped artwork."

Stamping a stamp on paper is NOT artwork!! What they mean is for you to hand finish the piece as a card....ask them for clarification!!

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

I did. I called my rep. I asked her. She says this is fine and even encouraged me.

Also- since we are exchanging goods- this would fall under the sell rule (or at least you could make a good case) so as long as we mark it with the designer- or include the designer's name- its fair game. You can't just quote one rule and ignore the rest. That's like saying Peter walked on water without including that Jesus helped. (hope no one minds my Bible reference- its just what came to mind)

ETA- with a little more research I found the following

• MorningGloryScrapper Said:
http://rubberstamping.about.com/od/gettingstarted/tp/ An...

A list of stamp companies with their policies. Most allow use. Happy now?

Edited by MorningGloryScrapper on 10-26-11 09:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Please refer to this post regarding swaps.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15532...

If the angel policy of the company that you are using *allows* this type of swap, then you're fine. Most digital image companies do not.

If you are violating the policy of a company, then that is copyright violation. The swap will be closed, and participants may be removed from the site.

I'd highly recommend reviewing the policies of your chosen company before proceeding.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• MorningGloryScrapper Said:
What we are doing is not illegal.

Sorry for the lengthy quote, but here is the legal disclaimer from Close To My Heart- the company that made the stamps I used for this swap. notice where it says you CAN use them to sell, as long as you hand stamp and cite CTMH (which I did when I said I was using their stamps)

• Quote:
CLOSE TO MY HEART ANGEL POLICY

All Close To My Heart designs are copyrighted by CTMH Co. and are protected under United States and international copyright law, which means they cannot be copied without Close To My Heart’s permission. Close To My Heart’s Angel Policy grants limited permission (a license) to purchasers of Close To My Heart stamps to create hand-stamped artwork for sale. Close To My Heart does not limit the types of hand-stamped creations that may be sold under this policy, within reasonable standards of good taste. The terms and conditions of this "Angel Policy" are outlined below:

Close To My Heart designs may only be used in the creation of original, hand-stamped artwork.
Any artwork created using Close To My Heart designs must not infringe third-party copyrighted material. The artist must accept full responsibility for his or her artwork.
No stamp design may be reproduced or copied by any means, except hand-stamping, including photocopying, computer scanning and printing, or by freehand drawing. Artwork for sale must be personally hand-stamped by the selling artist, and any mass production or use of paid workers is prohibited.
The following notice must appear on hand-stamped artwork created for resale: “Designs © CTMH Co.”
Completed hand-stamped artwork may be sold at craft fairs, fundraisers, retail locations, and over the Internet. In the sale of hand-stamped artwork, Close To My Heart trademarks and logos may not be used prominently or in any manner which might lead consumers to believe the hand-stamped artwork itself is a Close To My Heart product.
Hand-stamped artwork may be sold alone or in conjunction with Close To My Heart products.
Sales may be made only in the United States (including U.S. Territories), Canada, or on U.S. military installations (as permitted).
Close To My Heart designs and images may not be used in non-Close To My Heart business logos, trademarks, or promotional materials.
Close To My Heart may amend its policies governing the use of its copyrighted designs and images, including the Angel Policy, at any time. Amendments to such policies are effective upon publication unless otherwise noted and will be posted on the official Close To My Heart website. Close To My Heart reserves the right to deny or terminate permission to use Close To My Heart designs and images with respect to any particular person.

I know several CTMH consultants. You *are* violating their policy by using them in a swap of this nature.

It's very clear to me that their intent is that you only sell/trade completed items, by what you've quoted here.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Please remove me from this swap.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

I would like to send the following images:

Star / made by Stampabilities
(title: Star Spangled Star 02)

&

Flouish / made by Paper inspirations
(title: Floral Flourish)

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Im so confused.. all we are doing in this swap is exchanging stamps.. we are not selling it..

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

• i heart scrapping Said:
Please remove me from this swap.

I removed you sweetie..

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

apparently its more legal to sell them than swap them :-/

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

before I cancel this swap I want to ask Megan a question.. if not Im going to have to cancel this swap.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi Scrap Angel,

If you don't cancel this swap I would love to join. If you need to cancel it I understand your reasons. I just think it is sad that there are bitter, nasty people out there like this MegandNicsMum person. Really, there ARE ways to nicely get your point across without being so nasty and rude, but whatever, some people are just like that and you need to feel sorry that their lives are apparently so miserable that they must spread the misery around.

I have gorgeous images I AM able to share legally, however I do have a suggestion. Instead of cancelling this swap and letting this nasty woman win, how about we stamp the images and colour them in and embellish them! This way, they will be "works of art" and legally swappable. = )

Either way, I wish you all happy swapping and hope this goes ahead! As for you MegandNicsMum, get a life and stop spreading your misery around. I understand the point you were trying to make, but feel you were out of line with a nasty and aggressive tone right from the beginning. Shame on you! And if you don't like online communities, do everyone a favour and stay out of them!

Cheers and hugs to you all, specially you Scrap Angel! This must have been such an ordeal!

Hugs,

Jen

Edited by jenniferd1009 on 10-26-11 10:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to jenniferd1009

I contacted the CTMH company directly and we are not violating their policy. Please see the email below:

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected] oo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:19 PM
To: CTMH Office
Subject: Contact Us Form

At 10/26/2011 12:19:19 PM a contact us form was submitted from the public website.

Name: SH
Email: [email protected]
Subject: SWAP / ANGEL POLICY

Message: I am interested in joining a swap on a cardmaking/scrapbook website. There has been some confusion as to whether these type of swaps violate your Angel Policy.

The swap consists of stamping 10 images on white cardstock with black ink. You mail the 10 images to each participant of the swap. In return, you receive 10 images back from each of them. I have read your Angel Policy and I am confused by the following statement:

"No stamp design may be reproduced or copied by any means, except hand-stamping, including photocopying, computer scanning and printing, or by freehand drawing. Artwork for sale must be personally hand-stamped by the selling artist, and any mass production or use of paid workers is prohibited."

I believe each participant is HAND STAMPING the images.

A CTMH consulant said that it is legal and encouraged by most companies to share images via swap.

Would this be against your Angel Policy?

Please clarify

RESPONSE FROM CTMH:

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "[email protected]"
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:39 PM
Subject: RE: Contact Us Form

SH,
This would not be in violation of the Angel Policy, and you would be fine to do this.

Thank you,

Katie Feld
Consultant Services
Close To My Heart

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I haven't even chosen what I am planning to send yet, so I can't claim mine are "legal" but I'm certainly happy to check with the company once I have decided. In fact, perhaps I'll go check with a few of the major brands now just to get a leg up on things.

Alternately I'm happy to color in or otherwise embellish my image and swap it. And seriously, if there is ANY company that wouldn't allow that then I don't see the point of a stamp at all. Who would seriously think that anyone would buy a stamp they plan to use ONLY for themselves. I mean, isn't nearly every card made intended for someone else. And how many do we all make and donate to other organizations to use for yet a third party.

Then comes the question of how much do you have to do to an image to make it art. If I stamp it then mat it does that count? What if I ink the edges? If this wouldn't count, then how is one supposed to use word stamps?

Anyway, off to ask some companies about their policies I guess.

I'll let everyone know what responses I get.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

I contacted the Crafts, Etc company the maker of Stampabilities stamps directly and we are not violating their policy. Please see the email below:

body Good morning,

Thank you for your email. No, what you described would not violate the angel policy.

When it comes to selling products made with our materials, we ask that you do not mass produce the item by photo copying it. Each item would have to be made by hand.

If you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me. Your time and business is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Casey Taylor
Customer Service
Crafts, Etc! Wholesale
1-800-888-0321

***THIS IS THE SECOND COMPANY THAT SAID IT WAS OK TO SWAP. I WAS ALSO TOLD BY ANOTHER COMPANY VIA PHONE THAT THE ANGEL POLICIES ARE GENERALLY REFERRING TO STAMPING AND SELLING THEIR IMAGES. MOST COMPANIES ALLOW YOU TO SELL IMAGES AS LONG AS YOU INCLUDE THEIR NAME ON THE IMAGE, SO IT APPEARS TO ME THAT SOME OF THE WOMEN RAISING THE ISSUE NEED TO TAKE THEIR OWN ADVICE AND FIND OUT THE FACTS BEFORE THEY POST THAT THESE SWAP ARE ILLEGAL. I WILL POST ANY OTHER RESPONSES I GET FROM THE OTHER COMPANIES I CONTACTED BUT AS IT STANDS, THIS IS NOT VIOLATING MOST ANGEL POLICIES***

Also, I would prefer the images I receive to not be colored in or embellised. I feel 1/2 the fun is making the image your own.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I've emailed EK Success (Inkadinkado, Jolee, MS, and others), Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and Hampton Art (Studio G among others). I'll let you know when I hear back.

JustRite seems to say it would be fine. Part of their policy "We would love to be part of your stamping experience please feel to use our stamps to create or personalize any papercrafting project whether it be cardmaking, scrapbooking or those truly special events in your life. We grant permission to make and sell artwork made with our stamps as long as you meet the following criteria:
All items must be hand-stamped and handmade by the artist and not mechanically or digitally reproduced in any form." Nothing else seemed to indicate a issue with what we are doing.

I checked Our Daily Bread Designs and their policy seems contradictory. Since I didn't have a particular stamp in mind I didn't ask them to clarify. An excerpt from their policy "The stamps we manufacture are items that we are selling. You may participate in an occasional RAK image to share with another paper crafter, but we do NOT allow participation in Forum-type Wish RAK's or image swaps. You must contact us for permission." So it says no, but then contact us. To be safe, I'd say don't use their stamps.

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

Assuming that we get the okay to continue- I still want to be in. Since CTMH okayed it- and 99% of my stamps are from there- I'm all good :-)

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

• squirmys mom Said:
Also, I would prefer the images I receive to not be colored in or embellised. I feel 1/2 the fun is making the image your own.

I agree.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Reply from Hampton Art:

Hi Lisa;

Your swap does not violate our policy. Have fun, great idea!

Thank you for checking.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Asbury,

Customer Service Representative

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:43 AM
To: Cheryl Asbury
Subject: question on copyright

I frequently join swaps on a cardmaking/scrapbook website. Recently there has been some confusion as to whether these type of swaps violate policies. Specifically someone has claimed to have reported us for copyright violation so we are trying to learn if what we are doing is truly violating the policies of the products we are purchasing and using.

Specifically for the swap where the issue arose there are 15 participants in the swap. Each person hand stamps a single image on 15 pieces of white cardstock with black ink. We mail the images to the hostess. In return, we receive 15 different images back (one from each person).

I have read your copyright policy and it seems fairly simple but just to be certain - Is the above swap in violation of your policies?

Thanks for the clarification.

Lisa

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I've also contacted Tim Holtz and Basic Grey.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Well done ladies! I have double checked with my digi stamp company and spoke to THE DESIGNER HERSELF who said I am allowed to print out her images to mail for swap, just not to send the digital images to anyone.

I agree squirmysmom, some people need to get a life and find out the facts before they run off at the mouth, particularly ones that want to make morons of themselves by being nasty right from the get go! = )

You go girl!

And Lisa, I agree! What would be the point of a stamp if you must keep it only to yourself?
Most stamp companies are happy for people to swap as it is a form of advertising for them.

I know that my sister and both went to a class where the teacher was using a digi stamp with permission from the artist, far from dissuading us from purchase, the second we saw the digi we had to have it, and even after playing with it in class, we knew we would each go home and buy the digi immediately so we could have it in our library to use and so we both did! = )
Thank goodness not everybody is as horrible as some! It seems to me that she joined sb.com (only a day or so ago) with the sole purpose of attacking this topic, which makes one wonder how she found out about it in the first place?

I am hoping I can also be part of this swap once it is all cleared up.

Cheers,

Jen

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

This is the first swap that I have tried to join.
What an experience it has been!!

I was hoping to be able to take part of this and one other also.
Unfortuately, this person as well as another have polluted that swap as well.

It will be interesting to see the outcome especially after seeing the responses by the companies thinking this is a good idea to get their images out there!!

SCRAPPERS UNITE AND HAPPY SCRAPPIN LADIES!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• squirmys mom Said:
This is the first swap that I have tried to join.
What an experience it has been!!

I was hoping to be able to take part of this and one other also.
Unfortuately, this person as well as another have polluted that swap as well.

It will be interesting to see the outcome especially after seeing the responses by the companies thinking this is a good idea to get their images out there!!

SCRAPPERS UNITE AND HAPPY SCRAPPIN LADIES!!!

I am so sorry that your first swapping experiences have been so negative! I would be happy to have you join my swap:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15656...

The ladies on there are really nice and friendly and it is a fun swap! Environmentally friendly too! Lol!

Some other good ones are Cassondra's MMM's, lil1010devil's Christmas Ornament, lookin4newideas' Holiday Kit Swap to mention a few. It is unfortunate you have met up with this at the beginning! I have had nothing but lovely ladies and wonderful swaps here so far and feel most welcome. I am happy to call sb.com home and I know you will too! Just ignore the haters......don't let them ruin your fun! = )

Cheers,

Jen = )

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Well I believe that Im going to continue on with this swap.. I know for a fact that with STAMPIN UP stamps you are not allowed to swap in a forum.. So anyone who uses this brand it cannot be swapped out and would be illegal. Why dont we all make a list of the companies that we are allowed to use and go from there.

If you want to be dropped out of this swap I will not have any hard feelings.. Now that I know that there are stamps that we are allowed to use we will continue with this swap.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

tysm Lisa! you are awesome! Im going to try to contact some stamp companies that I have in my inventory too..

Everyone please list which stamp set again you intend on using.. thanks!

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

reply from: EK Success.....
They are saying as long as it is not MASS produced.... then its ok.
Another company considers Mass production to be 100+....

[No Subject]
TO: SH
Message flagged Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:22
Dear Customer,

We are so thrilled that you love our products and want to use them in your hand-crafted projects! Generally our products are intended for personal, non-commercial use only.

However, we do have an angel policy that covers limited-production orders. You can’t alter or reproduce our designs in any way, and you can’t incorporate them into your own company logo. If wanting to sell the products that you sell also may not be mass-produced. The easiest way to describe this is – you can’t make up a batch of cards and put them on your store shelves (or put them on eBay). If you custom-design each item for a consumer (i.e. your customer chooses the card design they want, and picks papers and embellishments to go with them), then you will be fine! If you are swapping designs for other designs that is a form of sale as long as its not in mass quantity it should be ok.

Check out our FAQ page here http://www.kandcompany.com/shop/pc/viewContent.asp?idpa...

if you need more information on the Angel policy.

To obtain EK Success' permission you can follow the policies and procedures in our Angel Policy. You can find the Angel Policy at http://www.eksuccess.com/angel.php?sess_id=7bbabf6165bb...

There will be a permission form to fill out, and submit to us.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

We appreciate your business.
Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Katie

Customer Care
Wilton Brands/Ek Success Brands
800-794-5866
[email protected]
www.wilton.com
www.eksuccessbrands.com
Info @wilton.com

“Wilton Brands Inc. was named by the Chicago Tribune 2010 Top Workplace study as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the Chicago area”

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

Reply from Paper Insirations:

Hi SH,

You can use them pretty much any way you want as long as you are not making more than 100 of any one image and selling them.

Have fun,

Sherri Tappan - President
Paper Inspirations Inc.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Yay! I am glad you are continuing with this swap Scrap Angel! Can I join please? Not sure yet which image I will use, but will come up with something. = )

Many thanks,

Jen = )

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Glad the swap is still on!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Another yes (its OK) - Outlines Rubber Stamp Company
"Feel free to hand stamp our images to create items for resale. However, please do not reproduce our images by means of mechanical or electronic methods. If you would like to use our images for commercial use, please contact us by phone or e-mail."

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 10-27-11 09:46 AM
In response to 6ta

• 6ta Said:
ok i decided on my images...well one of them...
its an image from the stampin up set called Greeting Card kids...of a lil girl pulling a lil wagon with a lil xmas tree on it...

i will go through my stash again just to make sure on the second image.

ok...i will choose another stamp...and i will check with my upline...I BECAME a consultant!!! lol

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to 6ta

Basic Grey says its OK to use their stamps for this swap. We are not violating any of their policies by exchanging the images.

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Well my stamps are from Stampin Up so please remove me from the swap

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Ariwass

• Ariwass Said:
Well my stamps are from Stampin Up so please remove me from the swap

so sorry ari... do you have any other stamps you can use?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

• jenniferd1009 Said:
Yay! I am glad you are continuing with this swap Scrap Angel! Can I join please? Not sure yet which image I will use, but will come up with something. = )

Many thanks,

Jen = )

thanks for joining!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

I received from Morninggloryscrapper and cutencrafty!

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper

Yay!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi there!

Stampers Anonymous is one of the companies that can go on the CAN SWAP list! Yay! = )

Good morning Jen! Thank you for choosing our products for your creating fun! You are not in violation of our Angel policy if you are hand stamping all of your cards. We do not allow mechanical reproduction using our images. Continue stamping and swapping!! As you mentioned, it is a great way to see new products and ideas and create some good friendships while everyone is having fun. If I can help further, please let me know.
Enjoy!

Warm Regards,

Sue Sherman
@ Art Gone Wild! & Friends
216-241-1477, 800-945-3980 (Phone)
216-241-1479, 888-401-2979 (Fax)
Art Gone Wild - www.agwstamps.com
Inky Antics - www.inkyantics.com
Stampers Anonymous - www.stampersanonymous.com
Darcie's - www.darcieheater.typepad.com
Wendy Vecchi - www.studio490art.blogspot.com

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

your awesome jennifer! thanks!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

The reply I got from EK Success was "please call to discuss". That's different then what we heard above (although maybe it has to do with the other question I asked which was "Your policy says internet sales of designs are prohibited. If trading is considered the same as selling, does this mean that using any EK Success product on the items I make for these online swaps would violate the policy?")

I'm not in a "call to discuss" mood at the moment, besides, that defeats the whole proof of getting it in writing. If someone else wants to call their number is 630-810-2742. Alternately we just go with the response we had gotten previously.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• ScrapAngel4 Said:
your awesome jennifer! thanks!

My pleasure Scrap Angel! I am waiting to hear back from some others too! Will post as I hear from them.....

It will be so good having a list to work from of what brands we can and can't use! Personally, I will be trying to support the ones who are kind enough to allow use in swaps. I think it is a great way to see what products are available and promote their stamps! The ones who don't allow it are denying themselves an opportunity for additional sales in my opinion. I think if you play fair with people, people play fair back. I do a lot of swaps and would prefer not having to worry about whether or not I can or can't use a stamp in a swap! I often use stamps for embellies etc and just realised that some companies don't even allow you to give away even coloured stamps with their images! I thought they only objected to B&W images that could be copied, but apparently not! I think that is unreasonable! Who wants to buy a stamp you can only use at home!? Far easier to only buy stamps that are flexible so I don't have to worry I think! = )

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Glad you got them.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

2 More OK to use

Stampendous

Can images be hand-stamped for personal non-commercial, non-profit enjoyment?

•Yes, all images may be used

Can images be hand-stamped for resale or other commercial purposes?

•Stampendous is an Angel Company, which means our designs may be used on products for sale, as long as the images are entirely hand-stamped and not
mechanically or digitally reproduced in any way.

Impression Obsession

We are an angel company, so you may hand-stamp items for sale. Please respect the copyrights of our artists—they work very hard to create new and exciting images. No mechanical reproduction is permitted.

ladylockwd
Tenant
ladylockwd

JCI

Please let me know when you receive the images I sent.

Thanks,

Donna - ladylockwd

Edited by ladylockwd on 10-30-11 09:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to ladylockwd

will do ladylockwd

CraftyTwin
Guru
CraftyTwin

jci. will mail out friday

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

awesome

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Another OK to use from Fiskars:

Here is our "Angel Policy" which explains what you asked:

The Permitted Use of FISKARS® Craft Tools and Proprietary Craft Designs are as follows:

CRAFT TOOLS

Fiskars Brands, Inc. manufactures and sells a wide range of FISKARS® branded craft tools, fully anticipating that our innovative customers will use these tools to create decorative and functional items. Customers need not secure the prior consent or approval of Fiskars Brands, Inc. to use our FISKARS® branded craft tools to make their own unique and original creations, even if these unique and original creations are sold to others.

SAMPLE CRAFT PROJECTS

Fiskars Brands, Inc. will occasionally make available to our customers suggested designs or sample projects (“Craft Projects”) utilizing our FISKARS® branded craft tools. Our customers are granted a limited license to create the products described in our Craft Projects for personal use and also limited commercial use. Customers are free to sell products resulting from the Craft Projects up to a maximum of 100 products; sales beyond this limit must first be approved in writing by an authorized representative of Fiskars Brands, Inc.

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

I received this response from Stampin Up which is completely opposite what I read earlier.....

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: SWAP / ANGEL POLICY

Dear SH,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our Angel Policy. You are perfectly fine to participate in the swap. Basically, the statement says that you may swap or sell any card you make with a stamp. It's mainly talking about images being photocopied, scanned or reproduced other than stamping the image yourself. Or mass quantities being made and sold. I hope this helps to clarify things for you. Enjoy your swap! They can be very addicting and fun!

Thank you again for contacting us. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions. If you require immediate assistance please contact our Demonstrator Support Call Center at 1-800-STAMP UP. Have a wonderful day!

Warm Regards,

Christina
Stampin' Up! R
Inspire. Create. Share.

Incident #16771397
(When replying, please reference this incident number)

Demonstrator | 1-800-STAMP UP | [email protected] | www.stampinup.com
Online Customer | 1-877-I STAMP 2 | [email protected] | www.stampinup.com

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

I read online that Stampin Up had recently changed their Angel Policy and were now allowing their images to be used in Swaps. Some other people from another forum were trying to find out the same thing and that is what they were told. Not sure if it helps! = )

JCI! = )

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom

I already have my images (NON-STAMPIN UP)ready and will be mailing this week.
The Stampin up email I received was from today so I dont know if this changes anything for anyone.
We have the email saying its ok if anyone needs it I guess.

JCI

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hi All,

I have my images ready to send! = )
I am sending Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Mini Halloween "Skull and Crossbones" and "Happy Halloween" on one set and Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz French Market "Eiffel Tower - Paris" on the other.

Hope you ladies like them! = )

Hugs,

Jen

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I saw you had 3 openings and thought I would like to join in again. Add me please!

I go to my friends house all the time and play with all of her stuff, I am trying it out first before buying it. If it is something that I will use often then I purchase it for myself, if not I just use her's when we get together.

How many stamps you all have purchased after receiving one from this swap? I have purchased several of the ones I like.

Edited by Sassy Suzi on 11-01-11 07:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Well now that Halloween is over hopefully I will get some things done. At the moment I have the entire upcoming weekend with nothing specific planned so I'm hoping to pick my stamps and get this done then.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Wow, i cant believe Stampin Up said we can use their stamps.. I wonder if alot of ladies complained so they quickly changed their policy..

Thanks for joining Suzie!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics