Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: November Budget Challenge        (Topic#1566219)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome to the November Budget Challenge! We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of October that you want to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Tina

Budget $65-$15=$50-$19=$31-$$$=BUSTED
Cricut club and supplies $15
Twist-paper

Courtney

Budget $30

Sonja

Budget: $150-$42=$108-$29=$79-$59 =$20
Wishlist: SOD Kit, Storytellers kit, blank white cards, cardstock, TH Tags class supplies

Shayla

Budget: $30-$52=BUSTED
Wish: Anything needed
Twist: No PP

Katie

WISHES: border punch(es), papers, mini-envelopes, adhesive, printed photos, scrapbook stuff for my SIL's gift, stamps, ink pads, slice toys.

TWIST: stickers, and nothing not on sale!

Kelly:

Work Budget: $25-$10=$15-$$$$$=BUSTED
Wish: Christmas PP, Christmas Stamp set
Twist: Nothing not on sale or with Coupon

Personal Budget: $30-$13=$17-$$$$$=BUSTED
Wish: MS double edged snowflake punch
Twist: No flowers, no bling, nothing not on sale or must use coupon

Alissa

BUDGET: $50-$18=$32-$20=$12-$$=BUSTED
WISH: Glitz, stamps
TWIST: brads, rub ons, ribbon

Vivian

Budget: $100-$33=$67-$35=$32-$60= BUSTED

Want: Peachy Keen Stamps, paper, ATG refills, cricut carts

Twist: none (my sis will hopefully back me up - I don't excessively buy any one thing)

Tammy

Budget: $100-$7=$93

WISH: album for wedding layouts, album for christmas for dgd, christmas card supplies, whatever i see that I just have to have while shopping on BF

TWIST: no off limits this month

Edited by Kamananui on 11-29-11 01:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I am in - this month is important for budgeting as I have to start Christmas shopping and there are some scrapping items on my list!

I need to make a list of what I need and then can better define my budget.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'm in again.

Budget $65
Cricut club and supplies $15
Twist-paper

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I seem to be struggling with my budget and wish list.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Of course I am in again!!

My budget is going to be $30
It should be zero but that is just totally unrealistic LOL

I will fill in my wish list and twist shortly!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I'm in again! Mine should be zero too, but like you said, Courtney, that's just not realistic! (Especially with an Expo coming this weekend! EEK!)

Budget: $150
Wishlist: SOD Kit, Storytellers kit, Expo classes (2), blank white cards, cardstock, TH Tags class supplies,

I'll have more wishlist stuff, but that's all I can think of now... And I still have to come up with a twist... How about NOT breaking my budget this month??

Edited by SonjaC on 11-01-11 11:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

I honestly may need two budgets this month. A personal budget, and a work budget. I do have access to the class room supplies, but I want to offer a card class with a Christmas theme. I think I might buy a Christmas stamp set. To be honest, a lot of the store supplies aren't my style. It would be much easier to teach students something I can create in my comfort zone, but I also don't want to invest obscene amounts of money that's for a class. Still thinking about what to do. I also need to buy a DCWV stack for a paper bag mini. I have LOADS of DCWV stacks I could use, but sadly those were all J's exclusives. Don't think Ms would appreciate that.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

umm do you need practice - you could teach us your class virtually first!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Hey Ladies I am back I am in again although my budget has controlled itself these last 2 months since I have been crazy busy.. I am going with a budget of 30$ for anything I need to make holiday cards or gifts... that is it.. I have a ton and havent been scrapping lately smh...
My twist no PP!! none at all!! lol
Kelly thanks for hosting!!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to ShaylaCreations

I'm in again this month. I still don't have a permanent/full time job yet, but my budget will be $30. I'm going to be ramping up my creative projects and present making, and will need the goodies!

WISHES: border punch(es), papers, mini-envelopes, adhesive, printed photos, scrapbook stuff for my SIL's gift, stamps, ink pads, slice toys.

TWIST: stickers, and nothing not on sale!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

Hi Shayla, Hi Katie hmm $30 for THAT wishlist!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Work Budget: $25
Wish: Christmas PP, Christmas Stamp set
Twist: Nothing not on sale or with Coupon

Personal Budget: $30
Wish: MS double edged snowflake punch
Twist: No flowers, no bling, nothing not on sale or must use coupon

Edited by Kamananui on 11-04-11 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Hi Shayla, Hi Katie hmm $30 for THAT wishlist!

I was thinking the same thing. She is gonna need a heck of a sale-LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I managed to leave teh lss and only spend the $15 on Cricut club. NO extras for me.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Yay, Tina!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Hmmmm, I work today, and I have a coupon in my pocket. Do I get a Christmas PP or a Christmas stamp set? What do I want to start working on first? Can't wait to practice making some store displays.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

yayy Kelly how exciting!! have fun and can't wait to hear all about it!

I have been doing so good....been home all week and actually have been scrapping and not spending!! yayy me! LOL

Sonja i would be in bad bad shape if Expo was coming this weekend LOL...I am seriously putting all the money I find in the laundry away for next years scrapbook expo and ck convention LOL!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

now there is an idea Courtney!

Good job Tina!

Have fun Kelly!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Thanks for hosting, Kelly!

BUDGET: $50
WISH: Glitz, stamps
TWIST: brads, rub ons, ribbon

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to runzalot81

I unpacked so many tantalizing Christmas goodies yesterday. Love the little TH Christmas trinkets and muse coins. I'll probably have to have them. Today though, I plan to go to Ms and get one Christmas stamp set (with a coupon) to use on the TH Tags sample I need to practice.

Edited by Kamananui on 11-03-11 09:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

You are being so organized and planning your expenditures so responsibly Kelly!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Getting geared up for a great round of TV tonight! Had an awesome run today. And tomorrow's Friday.

So, if you're looking for a good cause and a way to share your work, check out Flying Unicorn's gallery this month. For every project posted, Flying Unicorn will donate $1 to Women In Distress. WID is a foundation that assists battered and abused women. You can also donate via PayPal to this month long drive, if you so desire.

The great thing about the Flying Unicorn gallery is that EVERY project uploaded gets attention. Nothing gets ignored so if you really like feedback, come on over and post and support a great cause! Your project(s) do not have to be new, just new to Flying Unicorn.

That's all for today

Oh, and I'm so ready to do some shopping... at Flying Unicorn I know I'm awful.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Alissa - you have turned quite a few of us on to Flying Unicorn - how wonderful that they are also such wonderful people!

Will be heading over htere on the weekend to do some posting possibly but I think I have a paypal account somewhere that could work

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Alissa, glad you had a good run. Hope your down from your runner's high before you do your shopping. Don't want you to bust your first week.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

I went to my LSS today to scrap with a friend...i did so so good...I spent $5 on brads and paper that I used right away (on my Beautiful Girl layout!! So i totally do not feel guilty since I used them...

Was great fun, and my friend is having a fundraising crop on Sunday. I will be teaching a class on acrylic...So I am pretty excited about that!

OHHH heres an update on the job front....I have a final interview at the job I really want on Monday....its between me and one other person...fingers and toes crossed that I get this job. Would be so awesome to be able to go on a scrappy shopping spree!! LOL

I have to say though, my DH has been really great!! I have really been controlling my spending, he keeps telling me to buy something for me...i will when I have a job LOL!!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Hello everyone!!!!!

Budget: $100
Want: Peachy Keen Stamps, paper, ATG refills, cricut carts
Twist: none (my sis will hopefully back me up - I don't excessively buy any one thing)

I've already spent $33 at M's on ATG refills (yes I count adhesive in my budgets), envelopes (really needed) and a cricut cart for only $19!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Vivian Lake

Vivian what cart did you get?

Courtney I'm crossing everything for you too

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Courtney, that LO is gorgeous. Tell me about this Gesso stuff. Do I need it??? So tell us about the potential new job. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you!

Vivian, does this mean you've got some time to scrap again? I'm looking forward to seeing new things in your gallery!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

It's already going to be a challenge not to break my budget this month, but I'm determined. I will not break my budget, I will not break my budget, I will not break my budget.

Spent $9.75 at Ms yesterday. This stuff will be used for work projects. I purchased one Recollections Christmas stamp set, and TH blending foams. I want to practice the Tags of Christmas Past class at home before I teach it next month.

Spent $13 on the new TH pinecone die. So wasn't on my monthly wish list, but it's awesome, and I couldn't resist.

Now if I could just find a minute to actually sit in my room and play. I got my schedule yesterday, and my husband is already wanting me to quit. **sigh**

BTW, I have a 50% off coupon that starts on Sunday, plus they were passing out another coupon for 25% off of total purchase including sales items. That MS snowflake double-edged punch is coming home with me this weekend.

Edited by Kamananui on 11-04-11 07:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Kelly my hubby is the same way, except I don't work. Everytime I tell him I'm going to apply he pouts-LOL
I am going to start filling in at a bead store uptown. The owner is the only employee and she wants to be able to have time off occasionally so I start getting trained next week. DH is already whining about who he will eat lunch with if I'm working.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, my hubby had quite the tantrum last night. I usually go riding on the Harley with him on Sunday mornings, but didn't last week and can't this week because of work. He's quite put out.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Oh goodness, leave you ladies alone for a few days and all heck breaks loose! It's been a rollercoaster week. I have been feeling sickly since last weekend and I am soooo not in the mood to scrap! Like looking at my stuff makes me nauseated! HELP! I need divine intervention! (Or a direct shot of the Scrap-holic juice...)

I'm trying to cu on chatter, but first... Kelly, will you delete the Expo Classes from my wishlist? That fell through as I was supposed to get them at half price, but my friend got laid off the Expo company!! (No, I'm really bummed for him, but STILL! )

On the plus side, our showhall tickets are still free so that won't count against me! On the minus side, we had a massive electricity bill, an unforseen medical expense, car tabs and AAA annual renewal due this week on top of our usual bills and rent so my budget for the Expo should really be zero... (but it won't be...) BUT on the plus side again, I just found out the ski resort will open next Thursday (pending conditions of course) so my seasonal job will start soon! Go spending money!!

NOW to cu on chatter:
- Courtney that is fabulous!!!!! Oh good luck on your interview - if they have any brains, they'll pick you! And yes, I'm in deep doo-doo with the Expo tomorrow...

- Kelly - I saw those TH trinkets and coins at M's yesterday and was in loooove! Will prob use my 50% off on those... Are you teaching the TH tags class too? I have that class on the 16th! Wanna give a sista a sneak peak???

- Alissa - What's on your Thursday night TV line up? I never miss an episode of Big Bang Theory - BAZINGA! That Flying Unicorn charity sounds great! I donated a ton of my discontinued MK products to that organization last year. Will have to check it out this weekend!

- Vivian - What cart did you get? Bravo on that price! Anything under $20 I think is a steal!

- Tina - My dh is the same way... he's pouting that I'm leaving him all day tomorrow, they just don't get it! I bought him the new Battleground game today so I'm sure he'll forget I exist before I've even left!

Sorry to be so wordy, but I just haven't been able to get on here very often and don't wanna miss out on all your comings and goings! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Pray for me for some restraint tomorrow...

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

WOW and good grief to those hubbies!! I think they need a hobby . . . oh!! Tell them to take up scrapbooking!!

I got the Sentimentals cart for $19. Not my first choice in a cart but for $19 - couldn't pass it up.

I made several scrappy things lately and haven't posted anything. I'm quite proud of a LO and card I made last weekend. Looking for the right place to post them!! I don't usually post without entering in a challenge somewhere. (That's the key!!) The card is a complete scraplift but it is cute!!! The LO is about me and hubby, which is a subject I don't scrap enough about cause my cute kid hogs my thoughts a LOT!

Did break down and buy Peachy Keen stamps today. Nearly $60 and that was with 10% off. Something told me they don't put those stamps on any kind of real "sale". But I love making die cuts and these stamps will help me take die cuts to a new level. I've been following any blog I could find on ladies who make items with die cuts. Cards with stamping just isn't for me. I prefer to admire other people's work!!

My sis has been encouraging me to start my own blog. And I must confess that I've been thinking about it. Part of me keeps "competing" with her and her style but we are so different. I admire her work, she admires mine. Enough said but I think (finally) I could contribute my thoughts on scrappy goodness to others.

Enter "encouragement" here . . .

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Vivian I'd love to see the diecuts you make from some of your stamps.

Sonja, I feel like I went on the rollercoaster with you, reading your ups and downs-lol. Yeah for the seasonal job starting:)

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

for Vivian!

I love blogs. I wish I kept up with my favorites more. Used to be part of my Sunday routine... need to get back to that.

Spent $18 at As tonight. What can I say? Also picked out a cute little rainbow stamp for my DS. He's really into rainbows right now. And puppies. But not real ones. Real ones pee and bark.

Also placed an order at Flying Unicorn tonight. Used my credits and money from card sales so didn't spend any real money, per se.

Thinking about ordering a bit from Part Time Sally with the rest of my card sales money. I know I'm going a bit nuts. I call it "stress."

BTW I don't recommend the skinny peppermint mocha from starbucks. waste of money, calories, and time.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Sonja, I've missed you. Hope you are feeling better. Wouldn't want you to not enjoy the expo to your fullest potential. Can't wait to hear about all the scrappy goodness you procure, and yay for seasonal jobs!!

Also, I'd be happy to share some of my tags when they are done, but the ones you'll do in your class will be completely different. Each teacher is able to put their own spin on the project.

Vivian, I'm waiting impatiently to see some new stuff from you. I'd also love to see you create a blog.

Alissa, I checked out your blog the other day and loved the video on using repostionable adhesive for manual die cuts. That is an awesome idea!!

Katie, Tina, and Tammy; I hope you are all having a fabulous day!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Spent another $20 at Part Time Sally last night. Yeah, I was feeling kinda itchy and twitchy or something.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

And cross off Glitz.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

lol at the hubby's that is funny and cute haha.

You guys are doing great so far I mean I know it's just the 5th but still! I can be proud lol.. I haven't been in a scrappy store yet.. but with so much coming up and events that just happened I will

Kelly I get excited every time you post! lol I haven't seen them but I love TH!! Can't wait to see your tags!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Today is a gorgeous day and was at a football game for 9 year olds this afternoon - they lost the championship 6-0 but they gave it their all and never quit once!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Here is a card that I made for my son's teacher. Gonna have to make more!! Also, I posted two LO's today too (just for you Kelly!)

Great Job . . . By Vivian Lake

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oops well I spent $7 today at the new Ms in town - but paper was 4 for $1 that I needed - got some Mickey stuff and some football stuff and some gorgeous lacy butterflies for my wedding album.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Shayla, you are so disciplined. I'm proud of you.

Vivian, thank you!!!

Tammy, you can never have enough paper.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

who needs a budget??? Spent $35 at A's yesterday!! Yikes - I think I'm making up for the small withdrawal I had in October of no shopping or scrapping!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well I needed this paper for layouts I am working on - I didn't just buy stuff cause it was on sale (although there was some stuff I desperately wanted to touch and feel and take home and love!!!) LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Vivian, I'm so proud of you. You are the first one to bust this month, and you did it in less than a week. Nice job!

Edited by Kamananui on 11-06-11 07:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Vivian, I'm so proud of you. You are the first one to bust this month, and you did it in less than a week. Nice job!

I'm not sure whether to raise my head proudly or blush with guilt!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I went shopping a few hours from home and hit some sb stores. Bought nothing and I'm bummed about it. I thought M's would have some Halloween clearance, but no they did not, darnit!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

way to go Vivian!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I too was shopping today and never bought a thing although I was looking for Christmasy things not scrappy things

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tina, our Ms has tons of good Halloween stuff on clearance. I'm trying to pretend I don't see it.

Anyone have the Distress Stains? I kept trying to convince myself I didn't need them, but now I think I might need them. What sayeth the Budgeteers? Are these necessary?

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Kelly,

I have them. I wouldn't need them if it wasn't for grungeboard. I actually started buying them so I would use my grungeboard more and yep - been using it more. Very easy to use with that in mind.

Personally I need more mists or more ways to make color combos. No body sells the reinkers in stores so I may be stuck buying glimmer mists

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I've never tried the stains, but have been thinking about them...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I just realized I need to set my budget so I am going to say $100 (since Black Friday shopping trip is this month)

WISH: album for wedding layouts, album for christmas for dgd, christmas card supplies, whatever i see that I just have to have while shopping on BF

TWIST: no off limits this month

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

and $7 needs to be deducted for a bit of shopping I did this past weekend.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I want my three last Jetmax cube on BF. Sadly, I'll probably be working and not shopping.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Behaving.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Wow, it must be a role reversal this month. Alissa behaving and Vivian is the bad girl!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

I work today and have a 50% off coupon in my pocket. What to buy, what to buy?

I really want my MS punch, but of course it's on sale but for only 25% off. I'll wait. Maybe I'll pick up a TH stain to play with.

Edited by Kamananui on 11-08-11 08:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Vivian Lake Said:
  • Kamananui Said:

I'm not sure whether to raise my head proudly or blush with guilt!!

I say, stand up and be proud!
And I can dance cuz I wasn't the first one to bust this month!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Ohhh ladies, the Expo was dangerous! BUT I kept within the limited cash budget I had planned and came away with some goodies!
Got some Primas at a 3 for $10 booth and also got the new North Country Prima flowers half priced! Sooo pretty!
Got the brand new Echo Park 'Winter Park' paper pack - SOOO excited! Finally someone comes out with ski resort pprs!
There was also a booth that was selling individuals of all Prima, TH, Petaloo, 7 Gypsies, etc embellie packs. Kinda of neat, though probably overpriced. You could pick and choose the items buffet-style from those packs that you wanted and didn't have to buy the whole darn pack. Got lots of metal tags, clocks, lobster claw, safety pins, flowers and buttons.
Oh, and I finally found the TH film strip ribbon!! Been looking for that forever!

All in, I spent $42 of the $60 I took with me!! Of course, dh thinks I 'won' a pack and only spent $30...
And the $5 Peppermint Mocha I had after the show doesn't count! (I actually liked the skinny version, but I always ask them to half the amount of mocha they put in so maybe that was better?)

On top of that, my Storytellers kit arrived so mark off another $29 for that too.
I refuse to bust this month!!!!

Sounds like lots of you are letting loose this month with holidays coming.
Kelly, can't wait to see how those stains turn out. I need to start using my blending tool, but don't have the Airondack inks for it. Is that the only ink you can use with the tool? I have a 50% off coupon too... but I'm waiting for my TH Tags supply list...
Tammy - I LOL at your Wishlist and Twist! Fabulous! teehee
Vivian - Gorgeous card!!!

I'm still not motivated to scrap, but I did pick up my knitting this weekend so maybe I'll get bitten soon... In the meantime, I'll drool over all your works!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

oh Sonja you got quite a haul I would say - and I love that North Country stuff by Prima!!!!

lol well $100 is a huge budget for me but we'll see what happens...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I really want to try a couple of TH stains, but M's doesn't carry them. Does J's or HL have them in stock? I want them now!!!! **stomps feet**

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I really want to try a couple of TH stains, but M's doesn't carry them. Does J's or HL have them in stock? I want them now!!!! **stomps feet**

Go stand in the corner, Kelly. No attitude here

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Kelly I've seen the stains at our HL.
Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, I'm going to use them for stamping. I'll go to HL if Vivian lets me out of the corner.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Here is my take on TH - I LOVE TH and his work - I do not like attempting to do what he does - it is messy, it is difficult for me and I have no idea half the time what to do with his stuff unless I attempt to lift others - he is truly an artist - me a lowly little scrapbooker!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, I love getting messy. I always have rainbow fingers.

Sonja, nice haul!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

it's more wtheck do I do with THAT! LOL - he has these wonderful things out now that look like corner shelf brackets and it's like okay I have no idea but they are gorgeous

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I'm feeling the need to shop.......

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Uh-oh. Tina wants to shop...

Tammy, the only thing that I really find peculiar with the TH line are those doll things. They scare me.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

ok I don't even know what the doll things are - but that makes me nervous!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

ok sorry I have been MIA...but I kinda knew this month was gonna be crazy!!

Sonja..I cannot believe you only spent $42 at expo you are my hero...i think I spent over $200 at each of the expos I went to LOL

OK so here is the update...we leave on saturday for Disney and well it is going to be a huge CELEBRATION! We celebrated our First Anniversary a week and half ago, my DH just got a huge contract which will eliminate our debt....and well...drum roll please.....I GOT A JOB!!! I am so so super excited about it also! It is more money than I was making, closer to home, and hopefully less stress. I start the Monday we get back from Vacation! YAYYY!!

So in my pre vacation celebration I totally went on a bender!! I spent about $60 today...i got an MS scoring board for $10, 2 TH Sizzix embossing folders for $10, All clear stamps were $5 so I got a set that was originally $32 for 5 bucks..how could I turn that down...that was at AC moore...then I went to M's and bought a few odds and ends...some ribbon, some fall silk flowers....I then went to TJ Maxx and got 4 paper pads for $4.99 each....ughhh i couldn't resist...then i felt totally guilty and called DH...and said Im sorry but I went on a bender LOL...he said what do you mean...I said..well I went scrappy shopping..he said oh no worries you deserve it!! THIS IS WHY I LOVE HIM!

Someone asked about the blending tool...You can use the thinner felt pads for alcohol ink, but the thicker blending pads, I use for the distress ink pads...it gives a softer distressed look to the edges than just rubbing the ink pad on the paper...

I have a couple of distress stains and to be honest I haven't used them much...but i love to get messy and dirty and my hands are always stained with some kind of ink LOL

I will be away for the next week...hope you have a great week and i will hopefully not be spending any scrappy money LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Courtney lots to celebrate-Congrats on the job!!!!

I agree about the TH dolls things, what was he thinking????????

Kelly I didn't spend any money and I'm bummed again. I even went to Menards cuz I heard they had $15 Cricut carts but none that I wanted. I really tried hard to spend.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Courtney - that is all wonderful news!!! Congrats! Have fun on your vacation!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I printed some pics, got some inks and got a border punch. Now, if I can find the receipts! I've spent more $ on yarn and fabric for making Christmas gifts than scrapbooking goodies! I made my budget and realized there's Black Friday. Working at M's doesn't help, but I'm able to watch the deals and clearance. I figured I didn't need some stuff since I have so much, and there's always Black Friday, since I'll have to work it anyway. I can always stash surf. I have ideas of what I want, and I can always get Christmas stuff in January when its on sale. I'll have to figure out my purchases very carefully this month too. Oy, budgeting is hard.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to kdinsmore

Courtney, wow! A multitude of good things are coming your way. Happy Belated Anniversary!! Yay for your DH contract! Congratulations on your new job!!! And have a wonderful vacation!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina, it totally sucks when you want to shop and can't find anything to buy.

Katie, I'm pretty certain that I'll be working on Black Friday as well. I really want to get the last 3 Jetmax cubes I need to finish off my wall. I wonder if they'll let me put three aside or if I'll have to send my husband in.

Well, I went to HL yesterday and they only had two of the stains I was looking for, so I'll have to order online. I suspect I might bust today. I decided I want to do a December Daily, so I'll need a few things for that. Everything I need is at Ms for 40% off this week, so I'll probably pop in today (on my day off) and pick it up.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Kelly dear - no bustin'!!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

• Vivian Lake Said:
Kelly dear - no bustin'!!!!

Oops. I should have read this earlier. I might have busted, but not by much. Must tally up the receipts.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Kamananui

Congrats Courtney that is AWESOME!!!

Kelly thanks I started making Christmas cards and trying to use what I have so I can save my budget for black friday lol. I wish I would have thought about BF before I made a budget.. anyways I only spent 1$ on some silver snowflakes for my cards. I need some holiday quotes and embelies too so I may actually have to go into a scrapbook store.... I have been avoiding them and from the post you guys make I am missing a lot of new items...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Shayla, I forgot to add BF into my budget too.
It's good to see you here. Stop avoiding us. You are tough enough to handle all of the shopping posts, woman. Good grief, you went six months without buying a single scrapping item. You are tough as nails!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

DH took me to Menards and a few scrappy stores before my Lasik surgery yesterday. Still didn't buy a thing. M's did have some new papers I've never seen before, but really didn't have to have any of them. I must just have too much [email protected] if i can't buy anythig.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to tinadn

thanks Kelly and I am not avoiding you guys just the stores lol and I have just been swamped so it seems I am avoiding everything. I def appreciate the vote of confidence

s/o Black Friday have you heard of any good deals

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Black Friday has a budget?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

ACM and Ms has their ads posted on BFADS.net if you wanna sneak peak - good deals on cricut expression 2

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I don't think BF should have a budget. It should be like the free space on a bingo card.

Off to check out Ms BF deals...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I do the budget for me - cause otherwise I would purchase all kinds of things I don't need just cause they are on sale lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Anyone see that the fruity deal site is having different specials all day today?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, are we talking about the Peachy fruit site?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

yes, I've seen 3 different deals so far

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Hmmmm... I just keep seeing the same Halloween stuff.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

it was flowers and I forget what was first
When they sell out of one, they change it

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Halloween stuff's been their for hours. People must not be wanting/needing that.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

deal changed

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to tinadn

Checked the ads.. I am not too tempted.. I guess that is a good thing... hmm at least I won't save my budget if I see something else I want.. and I have a growing list for scrapbook pages i need to make!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

changed again:)

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to tinadn

busted some more yesterday at M's. To quote my sister, "you see, there was this coupon . . . with a sale . . ."

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I busted last week at some point. Got a wild hair and just kept on shopping online.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Kelly I had a chance to play with the distress stains yesteday and a friends house. They took a class at Scrapfest and loved them.
This is what we did-
After stamping a flourish design on paper, we added clear embossing powder and heated up.
Then we heavily dabbed two colors of the distress ink onto the paper, then sprayed it with perfect pearls mist. Let is dry on it's own. Took a while so towards the end used a heating tool. It was gorgeous, stained glass-like look. I'm going to try today using distress inks and water it down some. Will let you know how it works.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics