Page 4 of 10 
Username Post: Paper Sisters Circle (Invitation Only)        (Topic#1566545)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 11-30-11 07:23 PM
In response to scrapbooksusie

• scrapbooksusie Said:
Hmmm I have no doubt that I can make it through this and that God's got it taken care of...I am just a scaredy cat when it comes to tests and procedures. I always say if you can knock me out you can do anything you want to me! LOL

Bon you always provide me with such encouragement just hearing your story and you sharing yourself! I have tears in my eyes and I am proud to call you my friend!!!

...and I am BLESSED to call you my friend.

You ladies have no idea what your friendships mean to me at this time in my life. I feel wrapped in love and I know I am not alone. Even though I am isolated and I cannot drive and my Husband works long hours, I know I am NOT alone. I appreciate each of you more than you will ever know.

I love my Paper Sisters

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

We sure do have a Awesome group of Ladies

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to debby_westbrook

Absolutely! What a special bunch of ladies! I am so honoured to be in this group with you all and share in your sorrows, triumphs and creativity! = ) xoxoxoxoxox You are all an inspiration to me!

Hugs,

Jen = ) xoxoxxoxoxo

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to jenniferd1009

So much love here....makes me feel all warm and smushy inside!!!!

I am hopeing I can sneak off to the sb store one day soon to get some paper for these little albums!!! I have been on a paper diet but don't have much thats 2 sided so I NEED some new paper!!!! thats what I am trying to convince my hubby....its not a want....its a NEED!!!! LOL

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Cassondra71

I feel all warm and gooey like a fresh baked fudge brownie

Cassondra- I'll back you up- scrapping is therapy & therefore supplies are a NEED

It's officially December & Christmas is coming fast upon us-

Happy Thursday everyone

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-01-11 01:13 PM

• Cassondra71 Said:
So much love here....makes me feel all warm and smushy inside!!!!

I am hopeing I can sneak off to the sb store one day soon to get some paper for these little albums!!! I have been on a paper diet but don't have much thats 2 sided so I NEED some new paper!!!! thats what I am trying to convince my hubby....its not a want....its a NEED!!!! LOL

Bawhahahahahaha That sure made me bust my gut laughing cause the other night I told Joe I NEEDED stickles and Valentine's paper. He told me, "********, Baby that's gonna be pretty hard to get since I just heard the scrapbook store closed down." I said, "I can just stop at Michael's real quick" he said " Nope sorry, Michael's is closed now too"!!! It's a little joke between us that every time I say I NEED something crafty he tells me "Nope, sorry they're closed" lol as a way to shelter his wallet. I always WIN though because he just took me to Michael's the other night for stickles and Valentine's Paper...$60 later we left the store!! I think I have all the stickle colors they make now So, so much for the "Nope sorry they're closed" huh????

Just tell Charles, "Charlie I really NEED double sided paper or my albums are gonna look to cruddy to send!" He'll fall for it and take you just like Joe did

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-01-11 01:17 PM

Happy Thursday Char and the rest of you Paper Sisters!!! Hope everyone has a little time to be crafty today

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

AND mention to Charlie that when your albums are too cruddy to send, you lose the ability to cook since your creativity is impaired!!!! Lol!!!! That ought to seal the deal! : )
All's fair in love and scrapbooking!!!! Lol!

Hugs,

Jen xoxoxo : )

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Biopsy update: I get a call today from the surgery center checking on my insurance I ask if she has any clue when they're thinking of scheduling me for she's like um we have you scheduled to come in on MONDAY!!!! I was like really cuz no one told me! She said yep a nurse will call you tomorrow to confirm what time to be here...I am nervous already and my Dad wanted to come with me...I had to talk him out of it!!! Prays for calm nerves will be very appreciated, thank you all for the prays and positive thoughts already sent on my behalf...I really appreciate it very much. Oh and the swap I am hosting that I got flaked on - everyone had MORE than made up for it I have been showered with awesome gifts now!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Everything is going to be alright on Monday cuz I am praying very hard!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• scrapbooksusie Said:
Biopsy update: I get a call today from the surgery center checking on my insurance I ask if she has any clue when they're thinking of scheduling me for she's like um we have you scheduled to come in on MONDAY!!!! I was like really cuz no one told me! She said yep a nurse will call you tomorrow to confirm what time to be here...I am nervous already and my Dad wanted to come with me...I had to talk him out of it!!! Prays for calm nerves will be very appreciated, thank you all for the prays and positive thoughts already sent on my behalf...I really appreciate it very much. Oh and the swap I am hosting that I got flaked on - everyone had MORE than made up for it I have been showered with awesome gifts now!!!

I am very glad to hear the swap turned out so well. I was wondering how that went.

Praying & sending many positive & calming thoughts your way from now thru Monday. I know it will be fine.

I myself go in on Tuesday morning for the spinal injection of steroids and whatever other goodies they put with it to hopefully stop or at least reduce my back/leg pain & improve my ability to function. My doc has me on a "nothing > 10lbs & NO bending or twisting" restriction until further notice It's like every day I can do less & less. Very frustrating. I'm not going to list all the side affects and risks to the procedure as they are scary- but they are rare- so I'm not going to worry about them. Plus- it's in God's hands & I'm just going to focus on that.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

Saying lots of prayers for you both Susie and Char!!!

Char my hubby had those injections and they helped TREMENDOUSLY!!! I hope it works well for you and you find some relief

saying lots of prayers!!!!

We are going to the sb store tomorrow....to pick up "one" thing....WINK>>>WINK!!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Oh my goodness! I think you poor Americans must be doing way too much lifting! So many people there I know have back and spinal problems! My heart goes out to you!

I will also be praying for you both Suzie and Char! I hope both of you soon get a clear bill of health / relief!

Lots of hugs,

Jen = )

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-01-11 08:14 PM

• scrapbooksusie Said:

It is better that you didn't know before today!!! Just like I said...think positive...just somethin' you gotta go do...and don't dwell on it!!! God's got this and he will see you through it!!! You know you have all of our support, prayers and good thoughts heading your way...so you have to welcome all that light...and push out the darkness okay???

You also have the #...use it if you need to!!!

All my love

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-01-11 08:17 PM
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
  • scrapbooksusie Said:

I am very glad to hear the swap turned out so well. I was wondering how that went.

Praying & sending many positive & calming thoughts your way from now thru Monday. I know it will be fine.

I myself go in on Tuesday morning for the spinal injection of steroids and whatever other goodies they put with it to hopefully stop or at least reduce my back/leg pain & improve my ability to function. My doc has me on a "nothing > 10lbs & NO bending or twisting" restriction until further notice It's like every day I can do less & less. Very frustrating. I'm not going to list all the side affects and risks to the procedure as they are scary- but they are rare- so I'm not going to worry about them. Plus- it's in God's hands & I'm just going to focus on that.

That is absolutely right....this is in God's hands. Don't let the light get covered by the darkness...positive thoughts and prayers are going with you. Just think you will feel so much better afterwards. I has steroid shots to one knee...it only hurt as Doc did it...then I felt great!!!

Good will come of this...I promise.

Love you Girl

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

My hubby had those injections too, I actually know a lot of people who've had them! Hopefully you will get the relief you need!!!

I must say my swappers are spoiling me silly to make up for the flaker!!! It's amazing, I am so used to being the one doing the spoiling!!! This is fun!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Woo Hoo Ladies I just got my pre-op phone call and was told if I have someone drive me I can have something for my nerves!!!! God is good!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!

Thanks for all the love & support- lifts my spirits even more. I've known very few (1 actually) who never had to do further treatment after the injections. So to hear that it has actually helped others boosts my confidence that it can be the end of further treatment for me. I have been scouring the net for information on sacrum care and back strength improvement as I think that will make this procedure even more successful. Our culture here in the US is to sit so much that we aren't strengthening continually our back & therefore prone to injury. So I have found a couple videos and books specifically for strengthening the back- I'm going to get them.

I am stoked it is FRIDAY & tomorrow is SCRAP DAY at my house. Looks like only 2 of my girls can come tho- December is such a busy month for everyone. But I was hoping that the first Saturday meant everyone wasn't so committed yet. But I will get to scrap ALL day- the boys will be at drill (my DH & DS both have drill tomorrow & I have drill next weekend). So tonight I'll have them set up the tables & vacuum as I'm not supposed to do that- and then get to scrapping. I intend to be heavily into things when the girls arrive & take advantage of every minute. I have a long list of projects I must work on- my Christmas cards mailed yesterday so that is done for the season. I hope to have my family album progressed by several pages, a BOM page done and my M/M/M items.

I won't work on these little albums yet as I'll use the quiet during the Christmas holiday to work on them (we get Friday thru Monday off). I have the basic album body done- all 9- and inked distressed- ready to decorate. The only commitment we have during Christmas is that Christmas eve we go 1.5hrs south of us (the other side of Nashville) to have dinner with our niece and watch the little ones open their presents. She has 2 of the most precious little girls- 4 & 1 and I spoil them as I don't have grandkids yet (told my son I'd hang him by his big toes and skin him if he had any kids before graduating college).

Anyway- I'm rambling now- but I'm so excited it's FRIDAY (sigh) I'd better get to work now.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• scrapbooksusie Said:
Woo Hoo Ladies I just got my pre-op phone call and was told if I have someone drive me I can have something for my nerves!!!! God is good!!!!

YAY!!! Just concentrate on breathing & focus on something you love & you'll be surprised when they say they're done.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

Hello Sisters!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-02-11 12:18 PM

• scrapbooksusie Said:

GOD IS GOOD!!! HE IS IN CONTROL!!! EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK!!! NOW LET YOUR DADDY GO WITH YOU IF HE WANTS TO!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

HAPPY FRIDAY - soon to be HAPPY SATURDAY

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to charcats7

I had a good day today! And my biopsy is scheduled for 10am on Monday! I had an ornament and cookie exchange with a Meet Up group I co-organize, it was lots of fun but I didn't get home until about 30 minutes ago...YIKES!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

JCI ladies, sorry I am MIA, but I got my old job back and have been working soooo hard! It has also put me behind with some of my swaps so I need every spare sec now! = (

Will try to check in more often, but Christmas is the busiest season for restaurants! = )

Love you all! Am proud of you all! Pray for you all!

Hugs to you all!

Jen = )

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Susie so glad they are going to be able to give you something to relax you a bit....I will be saying lots of prayers!!!

Char - hope you have a SUPER productive scrap day!!! I think you are exactly right about trying to strengthen your back....I can't remember if I told you before or not but I have a very dear friend who is a chiropractor in Atlanta....she also owns/runs a wellness center....yoga, meditation, alternative medicine....things like that.....I know she would be more than happy to help steer you towards anything she could that might help...let me know if you would like her info. I have found when I was doig yoga regularly it helped immensely to strengthen my body and just made me feel better every where.....I need to get back to it.....ANOTHER new years resolution!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! I have to run to the PO and then the day is going to be spent working on Christmas projects!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I have a nasty cold going on, But I'm gonna try and have a good crafty day today!

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 12-03-11 03:47 PM

Hi ladies ! I finally get a chance to work on another album tonight or at least stArt one who can this one be for ....... Hmmmmmmm

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to vani

Hi my lovely Paper Sisters

I had a great craft day- also entertained by my cat & my girlfriend's kitten getting to know each other. Too funny- but we used valuable craft time watching them. I did take pics and they were so funny. After we gave up on watching them and started working- they started playing. So my 8yr old Sparky (a Russian Blue & my avi pic) & her 8wk old kitten (some sort of long hair) chased each other back and forth around the room & up and down the stairs. Then the other 2 girls arrived and my cat went and hid under my bed- which is what he usually does when we have company. He's skeeerd of kids. Why I don't know- he has always been jumpy.

I did get 3 pages of my family album almost done- 2 complete & the 3rd almost. Considering I'm working on 1991- I've got to move a bit faster. But then again- I'm not rushing.

I keep itching to start on these albums, but I have to get a few other things done first. So I'm using these as my incentive... motivation.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to charcats7

Glad to hear someone had crafty time!! I am patiently awaiting my light to be fixed in my scraproom, hubby is looking for the globe to put back on right now...I will have even better lighting - yeah!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

okay- worked on some M/M/M items- now off to bed so I can start again tomorrow when my eyes aren't so fuzzy cheaters aren't even working anymore so I guess that means my eyes are tired. Good thing I don't have to look at the keyboard to type LOL

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• scrapbooksusie Said:
Glad to hear someone had crafty time!! I am patiently awaiting my light to be fixed in my scraproom, hubby is looking for the globe to put back on right now...I will have even better lighting - yeah!

YAY - good lighting is key- hope you can get crafty soon

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-03-11 11:07 PM

• scrapbooksusie Said:

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! For Hubbies with Handyman skills!!! Like Char said...lighting is so important!!! Now get back to crafting Girlie!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-03-11 11:17 PM
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
okay- worked on some M/M/M items- now off to bed so I can start again tomorrow when my eyes aren't so fuzzy cheaters aren't even working anymore so I guess that means my eyes are tired. Good thing I don't have to look at the keyboard to type LOL

Ooooh fuzzy eyes...No Bueno!!

Yes...For sure get some sleep cause tomorrow is another scrappy day...right???

Have an AWESOME Sunday!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

YEA!!!! Sounds like most of us will be crafting!!! Can't wait to see your album Vani!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Hi sisters - YES- today is another scrappy day. Working on my M/M/M stuff so I can mail them. Then finishing a family album page- then, then, then, I can work on an album. I'm so excited. Hope I can get through everything and actually do that.

Have a scrappy day

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to charcats7

I finished my first letter for the Letter of the Word swap - now I just need to post it!

P.S. I am NOT thinking about tomorrow!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Good luck tomorrow Susie! We will all be here praying and rooting for you! = )

Hugs,

Jen = )

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

YES!! What Jen said, Sending Prayers and Hugs!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• scrapbooksusie Said:
I finished my first letter for the Letter of the Word swap - now I just need to post it!

P.S. I am NOT thinking about tomorrow!

Susie- I know you won't see this till later- but I'm praying for you today & that all goes smoothly being over before you know it. AND that the results show "negative"

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

I had an awesome weekend doing scrappy stuff until I couldn't scrap anymore

Got my M/M/M swap items almost complete, 1 more set to go. Finished a LO- almost finished a 2-pg LO. Didn't get to all I wanted/intended, but my intentions are always more than I am capable of.

Tomorrow is my back injection. I so hope it helps as I'm tired of taking all these pain meds that are NOT doing anything but making my head fuzzy & just taking the edge off the pain. When the surgery center called on Friday to ask questions and register me, she asked about my pain med & what my pain level was right then on a scale of 1-10- I said "5". She then asked- "even on the medication?" - "YES" Like the meds are supposed to fix everything. Obviously she has never had chronic pain or she would have understood.

I'll probably be on line tomorrow from home as I can't DO anything the rest of the day- so I'll browse the gallery and look at beautiful stuff & get inspired to work on my albums That is as long as it isn't raining as we don't have internet when it rains (blasted satellite)

Hope my Paper Sister have a great day

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

I will be praying that the shot will help you Char!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Me too! = )

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Char hope your injections went well!!!

My biopsy...hmmm...not fun. I didn't eat or drink and had hubby drive so they could give me something as per what the nurse from the surgery center told me and well they wouldn't give me anything!! I had the WORST panic attack of my life (seriously) leading up to it, the surgeon was late so that made the attack draaaaag out...I will say once I was up on the table I was a lot better but it's always the anticipation of something that is horrible for me! My boob is now sore, but I took some ibuprofen, I've been trying to work on swaps a little to feel better but I will probably go to bed early! Thank you for all the prayers and positive thoughts, i really appreciate them very much! I will have results before the weekend and let you know.

On a happier note, I was so freaked afterward that I went to Hobby Lobby and spent way too much but hubby didn't question it! LOL Although almost everything I bought was for swaps!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-05-11 05:45 PM

I'm so HAPPY to hear that it is DONEE!!!!! The anticipation of anything I do is what makes me panic once I am doing it...I CHAMPION through it!!! Sounds like we have a lot in common!!

As a nurse I kind of thought you weren't going to be given anything...but, I didn't want to detour you from just getting it DONE!!!

So it is done...and in God's hands now!!!

The Hobby Lobby thing sounds pretty darn fantastic to me!!! Your hubby is a trooper like my Joe...sometimes it's about what makes us happy and not so much what it costs that makes them feel better about what we have to endure.

So happy you are home and creating. MAKES ME WANNA DO THAT HAPPY DANCE...I THINK I WILL!!!!

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 12-05-11 06:18 PM
In response to vani

Sending good vibes to Char and Susie

Hope everyone is doing well . I can't believe it's December already ! My little family is away from all of our other loved ones this year , but I'm glad that my husband is home with us this year for Christmas and not deployed

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-05-11 08:00 PM
In response to vani

I'm far from my loved ones this year too Vani...and not well enough to travel 8 hours...I am so going to miss the first year my brother is home from the Army after serving for 25 years. But, maybe he will come and visit me...I can hope right??? Also my oldest child...my daughter who has never spent a day away from me except to live 30 minutes away...is moving to Chicago...1500+ miles away...and is taking my whole world with her in the shapes of my Tootie, my Beeble, and my Buggie! She wasn't leaving until January and is now leaving this month. So our home will be very quiet. But I am so thankful for my Husband and my Son...and especially my LIFE! So even though we are not near family we both have so much to be thankful for. It's wonderful that you will have your husband home with you this year. That's blessing enough for me!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-05-11 08:04 PM

Char...You got this Girl!!! You are one of the toughest girls I know!!! Piece of Cake

But, I will pray with my whole heart that you have peace as you walk through those doors and that most of all...that this treatment will work.

Big Hugs!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Sending Big Hugs and prayers to both Char and Susie!!!

Bon you are like a breath of Fresh Air. You are always so strong and and so caring about others! I admire you so much!!! Hugs and Prayers to you too!!!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

Checking in. Sorry it's been a few days. Busy with wrapping, shopping, making presents, wrapping, decorating, cleaning house, finishing swaps, did I mention wrapping too? Haha. Gotta love the craziness that leads to a wonderful Christmas day with family. Glad to hear that everyone seems to be hanging in there through the busy month so far.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to silver26AK

lol... Erin.... It sure is a crazy, but fun month!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Hi my wonderful Paper Sisters. Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts.

Not feeling so good this afternoon- this morning went great- my blood pressure was good going in 115/65 pulse 67. The process went well until he hit the nerve. I swear my leg came off the table 12" & a lightening bolt went down to my toes. They say- that's good because Dr is getting meds in right place. I'm thinking- I thought that's what the dye was for. But- all done- got to sit up in a recliner and drink ginger ale then walk out. Simple huh? Then after lunch a nagging dull headache started and I've progressively felt blah since then. My heart is pounding- but I have that reaction with steroids. I've been a good girl and been resting, drinking water, and resting more. I read and looked at all the Escape Kitty episodes (which are wonderful btw) & watched movies. I think I'm going to lay down now. They told me it will take 2-4 days to feel the benefits of the shot...

Susie- glad the biopsy is done! Here you had a bad experience for the process & mine was opposite. Now you're scrapping and doing better and I'm not so hot. So what's up with that???
Hoping both our experiences were worth the trouble & we both get good news/results.

to all my wonderful paper sisters- so glad you all are a part of my life.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to charcats7

I am so glad both your procedures are done Char and Susie! Won't make the prayers stop though! = )
Will pray for good results Susie and Char for pain relief!
You are both inspirational in your bravery! I am so proud to be your friend!

I have a little news to share with all you lovely ladies! I have just realised a lifelong dream! It may seem silly to some, but to me it is the result of years of planning and training for just the right thing to come along.

Hubby and I finally bought our own business yesterday! I am so excited I can barely sit still! It will be mine to run completely and I am beyond excited! We bought a little fish and chip shop which we will gradually move over to Mexican takeaway, since there are none in the area and Australians like their spicy food. Me having grown up in Mexico will definitely help as well as having been a chef! I can't believe it! Sometimes things are just right! After years of trying to buy business after business and all of them falling through for some reason or another, this one came together in unbelievable fashion!

Hubby and I went for a drive to look at new places to buy a home yesterday..... a business was furthest from our mind. We stopped for lunch at a little fish and chip shop in a suburb about 20 minutes from ours and whilst waiting for our order I commented again to hubby about how wonderful it would be to have a little place like it to call my own. He agreed that a little shop like that would be perfect for us and I mentioned a shop very close to home that I have had my eye on since we moved ten years ago! I wondered out loud to hubby if the lady there might be willing to sell and my inner voice (gut, guides, or whatever each of you personally believes) told me to go and talk to her. I said to hubby that I might stop by there and talk to the lady and he drove me over after we picked up my daughter from school.

I waited for the customers to leave, leaned over and asked the lady: "Excuse me, but you wouldn't be thinking of selling your business would you?"
The lady looked at me like I had suddenly sprouted a second head in front of her. She held up both hands and I could see badly swollen wrists. She said she had only just seen her doctor two days ago and he had told her she has severe carpal tunnel syndrome and needs an operation or she will lose use of her hands completely. The lady has a husband much older than herself and he is unable to run the business. They had decided they would sell in the New Year. As they got the place cheap when they bought it and since she has had to dramatically reduce her operation hours due to her hands, she said that if we wanted to buy it, we could have it for $10,000 with all stock, food and fixtures included! By the time I went home we had a business! The rent is cheap, they turn over $2K a week on a bad week, but as I said her hours of operation have only been lunches, no dinners so I am anticipating an increase when I take over! So from 1pm to 5pm yesterday I suddenly became a business owner! I am beyond ecstatic and hope you will all understand that I may not have as much time as I used to for swaps etc. specially initially whilst we renovate and get the place running. Of course I will get to and try to finish all the accordions for this swap and all other swaps I committed to due soon, but I may have to withdraw from some of the ones due in the New Year.

Please all wish me the best of luck in my new little business, I am so excited right now I have tears rolling down my face....I am also a bit scared and nervous to be honest! I am sinking about $20K of our savings into this! Eeekkk! = )

I know that the good Lord is looking after both that lady and me with this one transaction and I have faith in him, he has never steered me wrong, but I am still a bit nervous! Lol!

Hugs to you all my lovely sisters!

Jen = )

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

P.S. I could be in my new business by as soon as next week!!!! Argh!!!! Yay!!!!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

CONGRATS JEN

I'm so excited for you!!! Your business is going to be awesome with you in charge!!! I love mexican food! If I lived by you, I would be eating there every day!!!!

Just don't forget to check in once in awhile! We love you here and want updates on how you are doing!!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Hahahah! I WISH you lived near me then Debby! Lol! But I have wished that many times before too! Lol!

I most certainly will check in! You don't get rid of me that easily! lol! Thanks for the congrats Debby! = )

Hugs,

Jen = )

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-06-11 02:50 PM

Jen...

I am OVER THE MOON with excitement for you. Just reading the joy in your words made my whole week. God does have a plan for our lives. Sometimes, when we least expect it, he drops us a miracle in the shape of a building that needs an owner and an owner that needs a break!!! You are so blessed, and I am so happy for you!!! I wish you all the success and happiness in the world as you embark on this new adventure. I am so proud of you for being assertive enough to see this dream through to reality!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your new place!!! What will you call it???

If you need any recipes...I am right here sister!! Born and raised on some of the MOST delicious Mexican food you have ever tasted!!

You have been given wings...Now fly!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Thanks so much Bon! Your words are so touching and just the encouragement I needed! Am desperately trying to think of names.....my DD came up with a cute one! Since it is a fish and chip shop she thought "Fish and Chimichangas" and I must say I do really like it! What do you gals think?

I am happy to have any recipes you might have though Bon! Sounds good! Send me your best ones please! = )

I do have several cookbooks in Spanish with tried and true recipes (I still speak and read Spanish) but extras could never hurt! = )

I am soooo excited!!!

Hugs,

Jen = )

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Jen- I am so proud of you for following that whisper of an idea you were given while sitting there at lunch. I firmly believe God sends messages thru our guardian angels, but we don't always listen. You listened!!! And your patience on the dream paid off. Like Bon said- you've been handed a miracle. Just remember to keep Him front and center in your business and it will continue to prosper and grow. We'll all be right here cheering you on.

Yes- I want to know too- what will you call it? I grew up in California- my HS was 60% Mexican (tho I don't speak Spanish)- but I've eaten the real deal yummo Mexican food. When you go to Mama Rosita's - you get more than you can eat & it's GOOOOOD!!! Here in TN we've a place that serves the real deal & we'd eat there more often, but I think we gain 5lbs whenever we do. If we ever visit Australia- I want to visit your place. So- you must check in and let us know how you are and give us updates.

I'm so excited for you-

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-06-11 04:38 PM
In response to charcats7

It has to have a Mexican/Spanish name but still involve the fish and chips right??

I have two names that popped right out at me:

"Las Cosas Buenas"..."The Good Stuff"

"Alimento Alma"...Short for "food for the soul"!

I can think of more. But, both of these encompass any food that you would sell in your restaurant!!

I also would be honored to share my Grandmother's tried and true recipes from Spain. I too speak and write in Spanish We have so much in common besides being night owls.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

wow- do I feel like a total gringo now

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

I'm a Gringo too....

Edited by debby_westbrook on 12-07-11 03:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
Jen- I am so proud of you for following that whisper of an idea you were given while sitting there at lunch. I firmly believe God sends messages thru our guardian angels, but we don't always listen. You listened!!! And your patience on the dream paid off. Like Bon said- you've been handed a miracle. Just remember to keep Him front and center in your business and it will continue to prosper and grow. We'll all be right here cheering you on.

Yes- I want to know too- what will you call it? I grew up in California- my HS was 60% Mexican (tho I don't speak Spanish)- but I've eaten the real deal yummo Mexican food. When you go to Mama Rosita's - you get more than you can eat & it's GOOOOOD!!! Here in TN we've a place that serves the real deal & we'd eat there more often, but I think we gain 5lbs whenever we do. If we ever visit Australia- I want to visit your place. So- you must check in and let us know how you are and give us updates.

I'm so excited for you-

Oh Char! Thanks so much! It is so wonderful to have such amazing friends wishing me well! I too believe strongly in God and believe he works his miracles in many ways many days, but most people don't listen. I try so hard to listen when he speaks to me. I am so glad I did this time! He has truly blessed me! And I know he blesses us all in different ways. I am so grateful that he is so good to me and blesses my family. I do know it is such a miracle! Everythign has fallen into place so easily this time....and we have tried for so many years to own a business, and each time it would fail and I would say it is not meant to be, although I must confess, one time I was so angry with God! I told him so! And it turned out that that time he was looking out for us the most! I was so grateful and apologized for my impatience! God is really so kind to me!

I am still trying so hard to think of a name........I am thinking something really unusual that people here don't know, but not so many words that they have no hope of saying them. I was thinking if I called it Chimichanga, people would come in and ask what it is and I could show them and maybe they might be curious enough to try one! Lol! Here it isn't like the US where most people have some working knowledge of Spanish. Here they know nothing of Spanish or Mexican!

If you ever come here, you MUST visit me! I will feed you Mexican food just like they serve in the barrios in Mexico! Real authentic! I make everything from scratch myself! Mama Jennifer's will look after you! Lol!

I will absolutely keep in touch and let you guys know what we decide to call it! And how it all goes! I heard form the solicitor today and apparently we should be able to exchange on Monday and settle the Monday after that! OMGosh!!!! I will be operating before Christmas! Yay! I am excited and a nervous wreck all in one! Lol!

Thanks so much for your kind words Char!

Hugs,

Jen = )

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:
It has to have a Mexican/Spanish name but still involve the fish and chips right??

I have two names that popped right out at me:

"Las Cosas Buenas"..."The Good Stuff"

"Alimento Alma"...Short for "food for the soul"!

I can think of more. But, both of these encompass any food that you would sell in your restaurant!!

I also would be honored to share my Grandmother's tried and true recipes from Spain. I too speak and write in Spanish We have so much in common besides being night owls.

My dearest Bon! You have had your thinking cap on! I am so touched you have been thinking of names for my tiny takeaway! Como no sabia que hablabas Espanol?! Que bueno! Mira que los milagros si ocurren! Que pequeno es el mundo!

I would be so honoured to have your Grandmother's recipes! Thanks so much Bon! As for the names.....I will have to keep thinking. Although they are good, they are way too complex for Australia as no one would ever be able to remember the name! My little shop is by the beach also if that helps!

Thanks so much my sweet Bon for your help!

Hugs,

Jen = )

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:

Hahahahhahahah! Char! Lol! You and Debby are GringAs! With an "A" Lol! Unless you are both men! Lol! Hahahahahahah!

Las quiero much mis hermanitas gringitas! (I love you very much my little gringa sisters!) Lol!

Hugs,

Jen

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Is anyone else having issues with their gallery? I have not been able to look at a single pic in mine today! When I click on it, my screen goes funny and the pic doesn't show up and I can't read the comments either which is a bummer since I have some! = )

Any suggestions sisters?!??!

Hugs,

Jen = )

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I don't think I have ever had a problem with my gallery!!! Whatever it is, I hope it clears up for you Jen...

Here some name suggestions for your restaurant...

Neighborhood Cafe

Small Town Taste

Cottage Corner Cafe

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

• jenniferd1009 Said:
  • charcats7 Said:

Hahahahhahahah! Char! Lol! You and Debby are GringAs! With an "A" Lol! Unless you are both men! Lol! Hahahahahahah!

Las quiero much mis hermanitas gringitas! (I love you very much my little gringa sisters!) Lol!

Hugs,

Jen

Nooooooooo I can't be a man..... I will be a Gringa!!!! lol........

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• debby_westbrook Said:
I don't think I have ever had a problem with my gallery!!! Whatever it is, I hope it clears up for you Jen...

Here some name suggestions for your restaurant...

Neighborhood Cafe

Small Town Taste

Cottage Corner Cafe

Thanks so much Debby....will think about these. = ) And I hope my gallery sorts itself out soon! I can't read who has left me comments to say thanks!!!!

Hugs,

Jen = )

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• debby_westbrook Said:
  • jenniferd1009 Said:
  • charcats7 Said:

Hugs,

Jen

Nooooooooo I can't be a man..... I will be a Gringa!!!! lol........

Hhahahahaha! Good choice Debby! Lol! Gringa it is! Hahahahaha! xoxxoxoxoxo

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to charcats7

Char - hope you get to feeling the benefits soon! Sorry you had to go through that!!

Jen I am so so so excited for you - that is such an amazing opportunity, how perfect!!! I have been thinking of names but I haven't had any luck, I did like when you said "Tiny Takeaway" though, that's cute! You will have to check in and keep us up to date with your progress!!!

Bon - you are an amazing breath of fresh air, always! Thank you for just being YOU!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I keep forgetting about the A and O thing. Two years of Spanish class & I learned more off Sesame Street. I had a teacher who sat at the front of the room and gave us book work- you can't learn a language out of a text book!!! The Mexican girls took the class for an easy A and they sat up front and chatted with teacher. Therefore we get book work so not to interfere with her chat time. The French class actually learned something as in 2nd year French- you couldn't speak English when you walked in there. My parents made me take Spanish & I wouldn't have minded if I could have learned something. Being in the US Army I have access to Rosetta Stone for free- I could take Spanish that way. We do have a lot of Latinos around here & it would be nice sometimes to know what they're saying. Shocks them when a white person speaks fluent Spanish.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to charcats7

What about "Chips & 'Changas" or "Fish & Chimis" just thinking...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-07-11 01:26 PM

No GringOs ALLOWED in this Paper SISTERS Circle...So I hope you both have decided to be GringAs

Okay...So I have to think simple...GOT IT!!! And by the water...hmmmm

I kinda like "Fish & Chimis"!! But I still like "Las Cosas Buenas" or heck since they are Australian and such...just call the darn place "The Good Stuff" that's easy to remember...right?? I just thought a Spanish name would be cool.

How bout "Surf Taco" or "La Casita"! What is the name of the place that you live. Or better yet...what is your hubbies name??? Or maybe one of your children...the one who really digs Mexican food??

Oh I give up!!!! The name should be picked by you and your family!!! It's just so exciting that I wanted to join in hehe!!!! THERE ARE JUST SO MANY AWESOME NAMES!!!!!! This is also a dream of mine Jen...to cook wonderful meals and watch other people besides my family happily eat them. So pardon my excitement!!!

"Estoy rebosante de entusiasmo para usted!!!Le deseo lo mejor!!!!"

Isn't it AWESOME that we can all share in such excitement for one of our Sisters???

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

At this rate- we're going to all have to plan a group trip to Australia and crash at Jen's place all so we can eat at her new place- whatever it's named

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

Jen what awesome news!!! I am so EXCITED for you!!! I remember when I opened my shop when I was in NC and I was over the moon!!! if there is ANYTHING I can do to help....signage....name badges....promo items....just let me know I would love to help you get your dream off the ground....sorry I have no reciepes to share I think I am more of Gringa than the rest!!!!

Susie glad your procedure is over!!! I will continue to pray for you

Char I sure hope you start feeling better soon and that the shot brings you some relief!!!

I apologize for missing 2 pages of chatter....took a while to catch up!!! Hope everyone is enjoying the Season!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I'm feeling better this afternoon. There was a bit there I was thinking this wasn't a good thing. I react to steroids- they make my heart pound and all. Didn't used to- but lately they've started that reaction. Anyway- I'm now back downstairs in my scrapping space working on a few things. So I'm getting back up and around. My leg is feeling better- still has the tightness and pulling, but not so bad- it's like it's starting to relax. AND- I haven't had to take a pain pill since this morning. THAT is a VERY good thing

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-07-11 04:00 PM
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I'm feeling better this afternoon. There was a bit there I was thinking this wasn't a good thing. I react to steroids- they make my heart pound and all. Didn't used to- but lately they've started that reaction. Anyway- I'm now back downstairs in my scrapping space working on a few things. So I'm getting back up and around. My leg is feeling better- still has the tightness and pulling, but not so bad- it's like it's starting to relax. AND- I haven't had to take a pain pill since this morning. THAT is a VERY good thing

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO LET'S DO THE HAPPY DANCE

OH NO WAIT....I'LL DANCE...YOU JUST SIT THERE AND LOOK PRETTY K???

I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER i WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU YESTERDAY!!! TOMORROW YOU WILL BE GOOD AS NEW!!!!!

BON BON IS DANCIN'

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

That is awesome news Char!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Bon- you are sooooo funny

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

Working on albums today!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-08-11 11:44 AM

I wish I was Debby...pooie

Will be starting one tomorrow though!!

Hmmm...Who will be first on my list???

Have a wonderful day my paper sisters

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I have drill this weekend- so won't get much time to work on scrap stuff at all

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to charcats7

So glad you are feeling better Char! = )

Thanks so much my sisters! Thanks Susie, Char, Debby, Bon and Cassondra! I am so excited!!!! I start this Monday! OMG!!!! = )

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

OK Sisters - time for some more good news and some happy dancin'!!

I fulfilled a longtime dream of mine tonight!

I just finished proofreading a book before it is published! I have always wanted to but never knew how to go about it without working for a big publishing firm or having loads of experience. Then it dawned on me and I realized with all the self-published authors these days it shouldn't be too hard anymore! So after reading a book a while back, I contacted the author. She was super friendly and shared all kinds of info with me and lo and behold I just proofed the third book in her series!!!!! It will be released in a couple days and I am so so so excited!!!! I am doing the happy dance, dance along with me everyone!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-08-11 09:31 PM

I AM DANCIN' CAUSE YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS SISTER OF MINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

You will share the author and series won't you???

PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• scrapbooksusie Said:
OK Sisters - time for some more good news and some happy dancin'!!

I fulfilled a longtime dream of mine tonight!

I just finished proofreading a book before it is published! I have always wanted to but never knew how to go about it without working for a big publishing firm or having loads of experience. Then it dawned on me and I realized with all the self-published authors these days it shouldn't be too hard anymore! So after reading a book a while back, I contacted the author. She was super friendly and shared all kinds of info with me and lo and behold I just proofed the third book in her series!!!!! It will be released in a couple days and I am so so so excited!!!! I am doing the happy dance, dance along with me everyone!!!

SUSIE!!!! OMG! Well done! That is amazing! Good on you for your perseverance! I have always wanted to proofread a book too, but I never thought of self published authors! Great thinking 99!!! = )

Yay! Well, the good news just keeps rolling in this week huh? Wishing all my sisters a week as good as mine has been! = )

Hugs,

Jen = )

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Thank you Ladies!!! I am still so excited, she wrote me back an awesome note of appreciation and I was floored!! I can share the author and the series but let me preface it by saying I read a lot of paranormal weird stuff (lots of vampires, trolls, weres, etc.) Her name is Christin Lovell and it is the Diary of a Vampeen series, her first 2 in the series have loads of mistakes...but this third one will be much, MUCH better!!!

OH and the results of my biopsy are BENIGN!!! Good good day!!! I also go get my hubby back on medication this afternoon, so hopefully this greatness will carry into the weekend!!! Woo Hoo!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

YEAH SUSIE!!!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-09-11 12:29 PM

SUSIE...SUSIE...SUSIE....

"BENIGN"!!!! I AM IN TEARS!!! PRAISE YOU lORD, THAT YOU HAVE TOUCHED MY FRIEND WITH YOUR MERCY AND YOUR GRACE...I PRAISE YOUR NAME, AND THANK YOU WITH MY VERY SOUL. IN JESUS NAME...AMEN!

GOD IS GOOD! Benign...That is the sweetest word I have heard today!!!! I have prayed and I have prayed just to hear that word.

Now LIVE my friend. Live everyday like you are going to die tomorrow!!!

I am so excited about your new endeavor and can't wait to check out the series. My daughter is all about books like that, as a matter of fact, so is my son. I am just so HAPPY for you!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Thanks Bon, I know it's thanks you and your awesome prays! I really think He listens to you!!!

Thank you everyone!!!

Annnnnd...to continue on my good news train the author wrote me back after looking over my edits and this is what she wrote:

"Hi Susie,

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! Your edits, comments, suggestions, the whole nine yards were WONDERFUL! I am absolutely using you again & recommending you to everyone! You did such an amazing job! The second you create a website for yourself advertising your work, you can absolutely count me in to provide a testimonial

Thank you very much once again. You absolutely have the talent and professionalism to pursue this with solid success! You will definitely be my go-to editor from here on out, so start making a price list :)"

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? I am so over the moon right now!! I have to admit it's sorta funny because when my boss heard me talking about wanting to do this at a Halloween party we were at he got really worried and took me to breakfast the next week to discuss my future with him! LOL

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

wow looks like everyone is having great news, congrats jen and susie on your accomplishments, and yeaaa to benign, I am so HAPPY for you, god does answer prayers.

I haven't had time to start mine yet hoping to soon I have some other swaps I need to finish and got alot to do around the house like get my tree up, that is my goal this weekend is the house decorated they put us back on overtime a couple weeks ago and are making us stay over so it is dark when I go into work and dark when I get out so have not been able to go get the tree I am off this weekend (had to get my vacation used up) so I took this weekend off, hopefully have some time off next weekend to bake and finish my christmas shopping if not I will be doing it on the 24th yuck.

Hope everyone has a great weekend I am sure I will I love decorating the house and we are going to the zoo tom. night to see the christmas lights, well I am off to make supper before the girls get mad they are hungry

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to scrappinlilly

Susie - BENIGN!!! YAY
An editor? NICE!!!

Love all the good news.

I won't be doing any scrappy stuff this weekend- have drill. Tomorrow will be in classes all day & then Sunday our Christmas meal w/family. But AFTER that DH & I are going to the Middle TN Gem & Mineral Show in Franklin. I'm a member of the Middle TN Gem & Mineral Society & the show always brings some talented craftsmen (and women ;))- I can hardly wait. All the pretty gems, jewelry, fossils, scrimshaw, ....... I may even get an early Christmas present

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to charcats7

OMG! Susie! Am SOOOO happy for you on both counts, but specially the breast biopsy! Congratulations! Am flat out doing ballet concert prep today and tomorrow, (3 concerts this weekend! ) But just wanted to jump in and say YAY!!! So Happy for you!

Hugs,

Jen = )

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Thanks everyone!

Jen did we come up with a name yet - I am dying to know!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I am working on albums today!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Here is the album I finished making today....There a couple more pictures of it in my gallery...

Paper Sister Swap By Debby_westbrook

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

OK.. Here is the other Album I've been working on... There is another picture in my Gallery....

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

WoW how awesome Debby!!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

Wow! Debby! Those are gorgeous! Susie, I am wracking my brain and nothing sounds right yet, but I will know it when I hear it! Lol!
Flat out with concerts! (Ugh!) And exchanging on the business tomorrow! Yay! No sleep for me tonight, it will be like an early Christmas! = )

Hugs,

Jen = ) xoxoxoxo

Page 4 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics