Page 2 of 17 
Username Post: Secret Sister Swap (January~March) CLOSED for this round        (Topic#1567803)
Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 11:58 AM
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Hey ladies

Is anyone doing OLW for 2012?

Nikilynn great new avi and I love your scraproom!

Victoria lucky girl you had 3 weeks off! It really doesn't take longer to get right back into the groove does it?

Have a wonderful day all.

Awww Tres... Thank you so much... you are such a sweetheart!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 12:00 PM
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
  • vawm Said:
Good morning ladies! I am back at work. Yahoo! It is so odd to be in my office. I have been gone a total of three weeks. Well, I guess I need that paycheck, so I will work! LOL!

You are in the smae boat today Victoria... I've been out forever too and it's my first day back ... I need the paycheck too!!!!

How are you?

I'm good. Today was payroll day so I have been signing and reviewing time sheets. It only took them about 6 hours to beat the vacation out of me. GAHAAA! No really it is great.

Hmmmmm ..... since you are doing payroll.... can you print us all a paycheck too????

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-04-12 12:00 PM
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • vawm Said:
I'm still unclaimed. Oh where oh where is my big sis?

Our VERY sweet Victoria... I'm sure that she is working up something special just for you!!!!

Me too!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to vawm

NikiLynn: Love the hello kitty room! I am happy your enjoying your clip it up

***Creepiness***
The crazy people are out if full force today!
I came out of the store and got in the car, when I see a "scruffy guy" heading my way. I automaticly hit the lock button and went to start the car. He stopped in front of my car and started talking to me. I shook my head no (I couldn't hear a word he was saying). He walked around to my door and started talking again. I shook my head once more and put the car in reverse. He started shouting cuss words and slapped my window! WTH!
Now who in thier right mind is going to approch a woman "alone" at the back of a parking lot?
And what woman is going to roll their window down to see what a stranger wants?
Maybe, I was being a little over cautious and I might be a "B" as he called me but I am NOT going to trust a total stranger in a parking lot.
I did call the store and tell them some guy is accosting women in the parking lot. I feel quite certain that he wanted a money.

I must admit my first instinct when he slapped my window was to hop out and kick his @ss. But he was bigger than me and I just know a little kick boxing. So I just kept going

Would you all have talked to him?

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to SS-2-Shana

• SS-2-Shana Said:
I have some questoins, and not just for my awesome little sister, this is everyone.

1) What is your favorite color?

2) What do you do most, LO's, Cards, Altering Projects?

3) What is you favorite product line/lines?

4) What color is your scrapbook room?

5) What would you like to receive most? (from your wishlist or from a craft store)

Hello SSister I am so excite that I am finally claimed, LOL. What a wonderful set of questions to ask, hope my answers help you some.

1. I love purple and silver

2. Currently I make alot of cards and altered projects. I should be doing LOs too but they take me more time LOL.

3. I love DCWV because their CS is a nice heavy weight and their designs are wonderful. Spellbinders is another top fav. their dies are very percise and intricate. Imaginisce because of their wonderful pink tools LOL, plus their paper lines have the right amount of cutiness to them.

4. My scraproom is beige because I rent but I try to alter most of the things in it to purple and silver, mostly a light lavander colour of purple.

5. Been thinking about this a lot today, LOL. It would have to be something for ribbon storage. Right now my ribbon is in 3 shoebox size plastic containers. I had the chance to pick up the Clip-it up ribbon storage for a incredible price but had to buy christmas presents, so I am watching scrapbooksteals.com for it to become available again LOL.

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 01:34 PM
In response to Drayia

OMG Trisha............. WTF????? I would have locked my doors too and NOT roll down the windows either. Maybe hit the panic button on my key remote. I'm so glad you called the store to let them know!! But most of all, I'm glad that you are OK!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 01:54 PM
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I got the clip-it-up thing for ribbon when it was going for $10 instead of some crazy price and it is sitting looking at me at the top of the stairs. I think a little pressure on Neil this weekend may see it move from floor to wall which would be so much fun.

Your room is looking great Nikilynn!

. Oh Rachie.... You are going to have to share a picture with us, when you get it up!!! And Thank You for the compliment...you are soooo kind!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 02:15 PM

• SS-2-Shana Said:
I have some questoins, and not just for my awesome little sister, this is everyone.

1) What is your favorite color?

2) What do you do most, LO's, Cards, Altering Projects?

5) What would you like to receive most? (from your wishlist or from a craft store)

1) Gee, I'd have to really think about that.... Hahahaha.... PINK of course!! 2) Cards and LO's. Although I've been getting into chipboard albums lately. 3) Imaginsce....they had me SOLD with everything being Pink!!!! Although I have just about everything they make, except the Pink hoy glue gun with the glitter glue.. Been thinking about it. I'm a SUCKER for Bo Bunny's brads they are all so cute! I love so many things!!!! 4) My scrapbook room is Pink,White and Black (with ugly blue walls... Some day I'll get around to painting them). 5) Well...I love anything, I LOVED to be suprised!!! I L*O*V*E homemade gifts that I can put or hang in my scrapbook room. I cherish and display all of them!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 02:19 PM
In response to 888

I hope my litter sister answers those questions! That will help me out!!!! Everyone answer those 5 questions please!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

First, YAY, I've been claimed! Hilarious avatar sister! I never see that part of me! LOL!

Second, here are my answers to the questions (I love get to know you questions!)

1) What is your favorite color? PINK, I know you all are shocked beyond belief!

2) What do you do most, LO's, Cards, Altering Projects? I have started doing a few altered projects and cards, but up until now it's been all about the layouts

3) What is you favorite product line/lines? Bobunny, basic grey, echo park...but there is always something from every line that I like...

4) What color is your scrapbook room? pink/white/black

5) What would you like to receive most? (from your wishlist or from a craft store I would LOVE to get any of the border punches on my wishlist! I probably use those more than any single item in my studio!

And, I have a few questions for all...

1. What do you do for a living?

2. What is your favorite pass-time (besides scrapping)

3. What is your favorite book?

4. What is your favorite movie?

5. What is your favorite restaurant?

6. What is the one thing that you would love to receive that is not scrapbook related?

7. If you received a gift card, where would you most like it to be from?

My answers:

1. Right now I work as a head start teacher and also as a home health nurse. Both are part time but soon that will be changing!

2. I love reading, talking to friends (texting too), and laughing most of all!

3. I love thriller books...lots and lots of favorites! Dean Koontz is good, James Patterson is as well...but I'll pretty much read anything except a long instruction manuel or a long boring biography (much like all my answers to these questions! LOL)

4. I like many movies and many different types but Steel Magnolias, Pretty Woman, The Hostel movies, I LOVE the count of monte cristo, the christmas carol, see what I mean...I like it ALL!

5. Favorite restaurant...well, I am trying out Ruth's Chris this weekend and I am sure I'll love it. But for now Olive Garden, Don Pablos, Red Lobster, and many many others.

6. My last sister got me a beautiful journal notebook and also a huge notepad that she altered to make it gorgeous! (thanks so much Imelda!) I love journals that are pretty with pens to match... Nothing is quite as fun to get as a beautiful new journal to start putting in thoughts and things that mean a lot to me.

7. Right now, I could always use an amazon card for kindle books but I also like restuarant gift cards for when I'm traveling between jobs and want to get a little something to snack on or eat for a meal. But seriously, I am probably the easiest person to buy for because I like it all...and there have only been one or two times that I didn't think something was my style, but when I got it out and played around with it, I LOVED it and learned about something new! Doesn't get any better than that!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Here is the view from my daybed...

Here is the view from my daybed By Nikilynn

Trisha... I am sooooooooo loven' my Clip it Up... see where I put it? I have so many goodies that people have made me... I display them all!!!!

What a totally cool kitty room Nikilynn!!!! Love all the pink!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Gonna go check on a couple things...I will be back!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-04-12 04:17 PM

Okay, I am going to tackle all of the questions!
1) What is your favorite color? Royal blue

2) What do you do most, LO's, Cards, Altering Projects? Yes! I do anything I can get my hands on, in fact it's a wonder all the people around me don't have embellishments on them!

3) What is you favorite product line/lines? Graphic 45, MME, anything vintage looking.

4) What color is your scrapbook room? purple blue, red and white

5) What would you like to receive most? Adhesive and mod podge! never ever can have too much of that.

1. What do you do for a living? I am a dietitian by training, I run a research and health promotion program for a non-profit organization that focuses on the health of American Indians and Alaska Natives residing in the NW.

2. What is your favorite pass-time (besides scrapping) reading, other crafts, and hanging out with my family.

3. What is your favorite book? I love mystery novels and classics.

4. What is your favorite movie? Anything with Johnny Depp

5. What is your favorite restaurant? My kitchen! LOL. We sometimes go to Red Robin and sometimes to Subway and Baja Fresh. We have a limited number of faves.

6. What is the one thing that you would love to receive that is not scrapbook related?

Something sweet for my office.

Barnes and Noble or Bath and Body Works.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-04-12 04:19 PM
In response to vawm

Pink, you are a sweetheart!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-04-12 04:20 PM
In response to vawm

Trisha, locked the door, started the car and picked up the cell phone and dial 911 would be my strategy.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to vawm

I definitely would not have talked to the guy either. I hope I would have had the presence of mind to lock the doors!

IMABear2
Tenant
IMABear2
In response to RachelUK

Hey, Lil' Sis look at all that Hello Kitty stuff! Do you have pink in other places in your house or just your scrap room?

TrishasSis
New Kid On the Block
TrishasSis
In response to TrishaLouise

• TrishaLouise Said:

***Creepiness***
I came out of the store and got in the car, when I see a "scruffy guy" heading my way. I automaticly hit the lock button and went to start the car. He stopped in front of my car and started talking to me. I shook my head no (I couldn't hear a word he was saying). He walked around to my door and started talking again. I shook my head once more and put the car in reverse. He started shouting cuss words and slapped my window! WTH!
Now who in thier right mind is going to approch a woman "alone" at the back of a parking lot?
Maybe, I was being a little over cautious and I might be a "B" as he called me but I am NOT going to trust a total stranger in a parking lot.
I did call the store and tell them some guy is accosting women in the parking lot. I feel quite certain that he wanted a money.

I must admit my first instinct when he slapped my window was to hop out and kick his @ss. But he was bigger than me and I just know a little kick boxing. So I just kept going

wow! totally creepy! i'm glad you're ok.
you are one strong chickie, I probably would have freaked out.

TrishasSis
New Kid On the Block
TrishasSis
In response to TrishasSis

Little sis:
can you please make sure you answer the questions? it would most certainly help me pick out some really great stuff for you.

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 08:48 PM
In response to IMABear2

• HelloNikilynn Said:
Hey, Lil' Sis look at all that Hello Kitty stuff! Do you have pink in other places in your house or just your scrap room?

Yippie... my SS was here again! If I had MY WAY everything would be pink ... Hee~hee

The only two things that are pink... other than my scrapbook room, is my bathroom and my office at work!

I hope you are having a good day!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Hey ladies

I am Tres. My word for 2012 is Joy. How about you?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to 888

Hi Danelle Happy New Year to you!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• TrishaLouise Said:

***Creepiness***

No way! You did the right thing getting out of there when you did! Bet it shook you up though.

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 09:01 PM
In response to 888

I've worked for the same company for 11 years now and I STILL love it!! I'm very lucky to have a job that I love! I work in a "man's" industry... I sell electric motors to companies, so that it can run their machines and equipment. I also do all the purchasing, in charge of the uniforms and the companies cell phones.

I love to go on rides on the Harley with my hubby! I love to get tattoo'd. I think tattoos are SEXY!!!!I love to spend time with my mom and daughter and I love to watch Lifetime movies.

Favorite book of ALL times? Well I have two: I love the Judy Blume book: Summer Sisters.. I read that every year or so... also The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers. I love true crime books

I have 3: The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Grease. I'm SUCH an 80's girl!!!

Olive Garden!!!! Also anything my mom's cooking!

Anything homemade, I love those kinds of gifts.

I'd have to say EBay or ITunes

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 09:01 PM
In response to 888

Well Hello Sweet Rebecca!!!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• thinkpink22 Said:
First, YAY, I've been claimed! Hilarious avatar sister! I never see that part of me! LOL!

My answers:

1. Right now I work as a head start teacher and also as a home health nurse. Both are part time but soon that will be changing!

2. I love reading, talking to friends (texting too), and laughing most of all!

3. I love thriller books...lots and lots of favorites! Dean Koontz is good, James Patterson is as well...but I'll pretty much read anything except a long instruction manuel or a long boring biography (much like all my answers to these questions! LOL)

4. I like many movies and many different types but Steel Magnolias, Pretty Woman, The Hostel movies, I LOVE the count of monte cristo, the christmas carol, see what I mean...I like it ALL!

5. Favorite restaurant...well, I am trying out Ruth's Chris this weekend and I am sure I'll love it. But for now Olive Garden, Don Pablos, Red Lobster, and many many others.

6. My last sister got me a beautiful journal notebook and also a huge notepad that she altered to make it gorgeous! (thanks so much Imelda!) I love journals that are pretty with pens to match... Nothing is quite as fun to get as a beautiful new journal to start putting in thoughts and things that mean a lot to me.

7. Right now, I could always use an amazon card for kindle books but I also like restuarant gift cards for when I'm traveling between jobs and want to get a little something to snack on or eat for a meal. But seriously, I am probably the easiest person to buy for because I like it all...and there have only been one or two times that I didn't think something was my style, but when I got it out and played around with it, I LOVED it and learned about something new! Doesn't get any better than that!

My favorite restuarant!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

Hi Nikilynn, I am so glad you are feeling better. Love your new avi btw!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I'd better get to bed now, I have an early morning mammogram.

When did you have your last Mammogram ladies?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Before I go here are 3 lo's that I did Monday;

W By Scrapbrarian

Magical Hana Road By Scrapbrarian

child of my (heart) By Scrapbrarian

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Night, night!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 09:18 PM

Sleep well Beautiful!!!!

And thank you for the compliment!!! You are so kind!

I love your new LO's... but of course I L*O*V*E all your work!!!!

I need to schedule one.. Thanks for the reminder!!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to 888

Hi ladies! i am still not finished packing and we leave tomorrow at 4:00 pm! So I only have about 16 hours left to get ready!

I will be gone from tomorrow (Thurs afternoon) until the following Tuesday. We are driving tomorrow & next Tuesday. So I will be there Friday to Monday. It is about 8 hours away from where I live in NC to my BFFs house in PA, outside of Philly. K & I are spending Fri. & Mon. with my BFF in PA, going to NYC on Saturday & then driving to my family's house in NJ on Sunday! It will be A LOT of travel & time in the car... YUCK!

OK, I'm off to answer questions for my big sis then for the thread!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-04-12 09:26 PM
In response to 888

Hey Trisha.... Guess what????

I received an EBay Gift card and guess what I bought??? The upper tier for my Clip it Up... I can't wait!!!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to 888

I am now a stay-at-home mom, plus to bring some extra cash I run a day home so I am raising about 6 kids under 4, 2 of which are my own LOL.

I love cross stitch and reading

I love crime novels, policial thrillers and Fantasy

Dirty Dancing, Grease, Stardust and lakehouse. Then there is Starwars and Lord of the Rings LOL

Red Lobster but have to travel 2 hours to go to one.

6. What is the one thing that you would love to receive that is not scrapbook related? I love homemade or altered projects they help to inspire me.

ohmycrafts.com, best shipping prices to Canada that I have seen. PLUS I love Spellbinders and they are cheap there too.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Drayia

OK, I answered my SS questions and now I am beat, so I will answer the questions for this thread another time!

Victorias BESST Sis
Tenant
Victorias BESST Sis
In response to 888

Hello Victoria,

It's your secret sis here! I am looking forward to getting to know you and all your scrappy habits. I hope you are having a good New Year so far.

I am going to give you a hint to start you out on who I am... the clue is in my name. You won't be able to figure it out yet, but if you pay close attention to the posts on here for the next three months, you just might catch on. You're a mystery reader so you should be good at figuring out clues.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to TrishasSis

• TrishasSis Said:
Little sis:
can you please make sure you answer the questions? it would most certainly help me pick out some really great stuff for you.

1) What is your favorite color? *Black & cream

2) What do you do most, LO's, Cards, Altering Projects? *Right now mostly altering

*Teresa Collins & 7 Gypsies

*Green walls with Black, cream & red accents

*Sizzix - Bigz Die - Die Cutting Template - Artist Trading Card, Ranger Ink - Glossy Accents, or any kind of bling!

Yeah, NikiLynn! Now you can display double the happiness

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-05-12 08:17 AM
In response to Victorias BESST Sis

• Victorias BESST Sis Said:
Hello Victoria,

It's your secret sis here! I am looking forward to getting to know you and all your scrappy habits. I hope you are having a good New Year so far.

I am going to give you a hint to start you out on who I am... the clue is in my name. You won't be able to figure it out yet, but if you pay close attention to the posts on here for the next three months, you just might catch on. You're a mystery reader so you should be good at figuring out clues.

Oooh this is fascinating! :0)

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-05-12 09:17 AM
In response to vawm

Good morning to all you beautiful ladies!!!! How is everyone today?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Pink, you are a sweetheart!

I don't know what I did to prompt you saying that...but whatever it was~I want to keep doing it! Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm smiling ear to ear!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

okay...I honestly don't have a clue what I'd do with the situation Trisha talked about! I am so naive...knowing me I'd have gotten out of the car, and been listed as missing after a few days!

Honestly, when I was in college (in Florida), a couple girlfriends and I were out (and I'm talking out at a mall, not the bars or clubs). Some guy walked up in the standard "creeper-wear" of a long black trench coat and started pulling something out. The girl with me started crying and saying "Kimberly, he has a gun!" I froze in my spot, but he was just showing us his own gun! I started laughing and when we walked away, I said, "you would think if he was going to go waving his gun around and showing it off, it would have been a whole lot bigger!" True story! Weird story as well...but true

I think you were very smart Trisha! I have had MANY things happen that scared the heck out of me, and looking back, I always do the dumbest moves possible... it's a wonder I'm still alive to talk about it

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hi Rebecca! I hope life is settling down with work and the holidays...your layouts were so cute!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Scariest thing ever was when we drove almost 4 hours to buy some furntiture that we wanted. We drove in two cars because there was a lot of furniture and kids. Anyway, it was around 3 AM when we arrived back home and I had one car follow mine for over 2 hours (which was mostly back roads) and he would speed way up and pull beside me then slow back down and get behind me again. I wasn't sure what to do but knew Dan was either at home or would be shortly behind me so I pulled into our driveway and so did he! He was getting out of the car and coming over to me in my own driveway when Dan pulled in. My husband asked him what he wanted and he said he thought I was going to Canada and he was following me to get there...(all the way into my driveway?) I'm blond, but even I knew that this way a TOTAL LIE FOR SURE! And he was really out of it through drugs or alcohol. I am positive that if I would have been alone, things wouldn't have gone the same way!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

We are trying out your favorite restuarant Rebecca. We got a gift card for it for Christmas and I think it's gonna be so much fun! I'm sure I'm going to LOVE it!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Kids are almost asleep so I'm going to watch a movie for a while.

Megan~have a safe trip! I wish I lived close to where you were visiting!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

• thinkpink22 Said:
Scariest thing ever was when we drove almost 4 hours to buy some furntiture that we wanted. We drove in two cars because there was a lot of furniture and kids. Anyway, it was around 3 AM when we arrived back home and I had one car follow mine for over 2 hours (which was mostly back roads) and he would speed way up and pull beside me then slow back down and get behind me again. I wasn't sure what to do but knew Dan was either at home or would be shortly behind me so I pulled into our driveway and so did he! He was getting out of the car and coming over to me in my own driveway when Dan pulled in. My husband asked him what he wanted and he said he thought I was going to Canada and he was following me to get there...(all the way into my driveway?) I'm blond, but even I knew that this way a TOTAL LIE FOR SURE! And he was really out of it through drugs or alcohol. I am positive that if I would have been alone, things wouldn't have gone the same way!

That is freakin crazy! What an idiot he must have been. Good to know if I want to go to Canada I can find it in Kimberly's drive way.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

OMG!!! I am running sooo late! I wanted to sleep in bc I am driving tonight (EIGHT hours!!) bc Kayla had to work all day, so I turned off my alarm when it went off this morning....WELL, I just woke up at 1:45 pm!!! I still need to pack! BUT I had to make something for lunch first you know how hungry sleeping makes you! So as I am cooking I realize that I am out of milk! Which I need! I NEVER run out of milk...as milk & cereal are my FAVORITE food. But I consciously did not buy any more milk bc I knew we were leaving this afternoon. So I had to run to Rite Aid to pick up a prescription, so I went & bought a 1/2 gallon of milk too Finished cooking & just finished eating as I caught up on the thread & now you are up to date on my OH SO EXCITING day I still need to pack EVERYTHING clothes, meds, electronics--cameras, laptop, iPad, chargers, toiletries, and Aslan's things (my doggie--he is coming with too).....AND Kayla gets home in 1 hour & 20 mins! We are supposed to leave as soon as she takes the bags to the car! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I better get moving!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

MissPINK!!!! I wish you lived closer too! I even looked it up it is 4 hours to your house from where we are staying outside of Philly BUT....(and it is a good BUT!) if I get to visit my Aunt in NY you will only be 3 1/2 hours away from where she lives in NY (she lives in Lewiston, near Niagara Falls)! BUT (yes another BUT) she works a few days a week in Buffalo which is only 3 hours away. So my aunt runs the Seneca Casinos, & there is one in Buffalo. She works 10 am Friday until 2 am Saturday morning. My plan (that I just came up with in my head 30 seconds ago--details still need to be worked out!) is that I will take her car while she is at work & drive to PA to meet you! We can spend the day doing whatever we want & then I will drive back to buffalo with the car SO you will just need to let me know when you have a Friday off! ANOTHER COOL PLAN: You and your kids and hubby came up to Niagara Falls, NY & meet me, then we all go to CANADA and meet IMELDA!!!! I think that is brilliant! How many kids do you have? I would totally volunteer my Aunt's house for you to stay in (She is the only one who lives there & I think it is pretty big so we could probably all fit! AND she has a cleaning service so it is not like her or I would have to clean after everyone left! hahahaha!) OH WOW am I good at procrastinating! Better move on to the next thing I have to do...finish checking in on my threads before I go pack! I am sooooooo bad!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• scrapbrarian Said:

I had mine when Dana and Mel told us to get one - around a year ago I think!

sdenison
Expert
sdenison

1) What is your favorite color? My favorite color combo is red and silver but my house has a California citrus-theme. I like to break out the silver and red at Christmas-time. I also tend to use stuff with rich tones when scrapbooking.

2) What do you do most, LO's, Cards, Altering Projects? I haven't been able to do much of anything in about a year but I am going to change that this year. I mostly do layouts but I want to try more cards.

3) What is you favorite product line/lines? Not sure...I like Doodlebug. Their stuff is always so cute. Prima has gorgeous stuff but I'm not much of a frilly girl. I do like bling for my layouts though. Oh! and I also recently discovered Graphic 45 (thanks to my Christmas sis Victoria), Nikki Sivils, and Glitz Designs.

4) What color is your scrapbook room? Right now it is white (a blank slate) but I am considering changing it to earht tones for a more relaxing feel.

5) What would you like to receive most? (from your wishlist or from a craft store) I've kinda been thinking that I don't want product. I think the two things I would like would be either handmade stuff (which I stated in an earlier post) or inspirational materials like idea books and such. I could probably use some tools and organizational stuff. I'll try to update my wish list in the next day or so for that type of stuff.

Edited by sdenison on 01-05-12 12:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Clearly Megan has not quite counted all Pink's kids yet - but hey - whats 6 or 7 kids at a time - whos counting anyway!!

sdenison
Expert
sdenison

• thinkpink22 Said:

1. What do you do for a living? - To make money I work at Warner Bros Studios. I handle the Sam's account so if any of you shop there and see a WB DVD on the shelves, I am the one responsible for making sure it's on their shelf. (I'm kinda the person between sales and shipping). What I do to LIVE is love my kids and try to be creative as I can be when I have the time.

2. What is your favorite pass-time (besides scrapping) I love music. I used to be a dancer but haven't done that in a while. I am starting a blog this year, so that will be what I spend a chunck of time on. It should be up and running within a few weeks.

...And I Don't Want To Live This Life
The Ragamuffin Gospel

Nightmare Before Christmas
Anything by Baz Luhrman
Anything that is modernized Shakespeare (Shakespeare is awesome when it's done right. You just need good actors and good direction to understand it and not be bored)

Local - Joe's in Venice Beach
Out of State - Soupcon in Crested Butte, CO
International - La Capilla in San Miguel de Allende
Chain - Houston's
Fast Food - In 'N' Out

A Cool Notebook (I seem to collect them but rarely fill them up)
A Unique/Unusual Christmas Ornament

One of the deal-a-day scrapbook websites, or a gc to take a class, or Joann's, or movie tickets, i don't know. I'm sure I could put anything to good use.

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

Favorite book of ALL times? Well I have two: I love the Judy Blume book: Summer Sisters.. I read that every year or so... also The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers. I love true crime books

Nikilynn,

I love True Crime too! Have you read any of John Douglas' books. He was one of the guys that pretty-much developed the art of profiling for the FBI. I also got on a kick where I was reading one Ann Rule book after another. I had to stop because I was getting a bit freaked out when I was home alone.

You should also read about Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka if you haven't already. That was a wild story.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-05-12 01:39 PM
In response to sdenison

Pink, it is just the nice things that you say!

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to sdenison

I have a few music questions to add:

What's your favorite soundtrack?

What's your favorite album? (recent and past)

What would be your ideal playlist to be creative to?

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to sdenison

Speaking of unique and unusual Christmas ornaments (in my post above)...my husband did a show on John Waters a few years back and ended up on his Christmas card list. One year, we got a Christmas ornament from him that was a clear ball ornament with a dead cockroach in it. I will post a picture of it when I get home. (I love John Waters)

IMABear2
Tenant
IMABear2
In response to sdenison

Hello Nikilynn, well hello Nikilynn, it's so nice to have you AROUND................

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to IMABear2

Just popping in before I head home from work for the day. It was a doozy of a day! Glad it's over now.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Yes, Trisha, that guy going to Canada was a nut job for sure! There are some really crazy people out there for sure!

Megan Ann~I love the idea of meeting sometime for a Friday! That would be awesome! But Rachel is right...7 kids for guests isn't something anyone would want! It would be a bit of a shock to anyone! At least Dan and I had time to adjust to it one kid at a time! Okay, we still aren't totally adjusted, but I'm sure we will be someday!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Rebecca!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Awwwww.... Danelle, is it is SO wonderful to see you on here... I've had you in my mind lately... how are you sweetie?

*hugs* Nikilynn.. I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick!!! I saw your posts on Facebook and my heart goes right out to you! Hope things look up for you soon.. last year was way to rough on you!

I am doing wonderful.. just very busy. We've been down one person in the office since July and it's our busy time of year right now. I just can't seem to keep up! For Christmas we did a homemade exchange and it was SO much fun.. but very time consuming also. I am really looking forward to being able to spend more time to do some things I want to do.. like catch up with all of you!

Besides illness.. how is life for you???

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • lynnde Said:
Our Christmas was so nice! We got everyone home for Christmas which was something I didn't think we were going to accomplish all at the same time ~ that made it perfect for me! Great family time!!

We did something this year that was so fun. We went traditional and had to give each person something but it couldn't cost more than $5.00. It had to be meaningful to the person receiving as well. This was right up my alley and I had so much fun creating meaningful gifts for my siblings and parents. I just loved it! It really helped the pocket book too! Many of my items are in my gallery of you are interesting in looking and most of my ideas came from Pinterest. (I have fallen in love with that site!)

I hope you all enjoyed Christmas this year with your families like I did.. that's what it's all about!

It really made me concentrate on just creating so I didn't get to spend alot of time here... but I am happy to be back to catch up with everyone and what's been going on in all of your lives! I've missed you!!!

Hi Megan & Victoria.. & Rebecca!! I see some new faces too! Hello to everyone!

Hi there Danelle - my newly wed buddy! (along with Imelda of course)

We had the most perfect family time too - all the kids and in-laws too - I loved it. My oldest son is still here for a couple of days and I am just loving that too - it feels like an extra gift!

Sorry I havent clocked on to the new thread before now - I'm sitting out this round - I need to use lots of my new goodies and not buy anything for ages! - But I am always on here to chat to my sweet friends!

Rachel.. your photos on Facebook were PRECIOUS! So glad you had such wonderful family time!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
Hey ladies

Nikilynn great new avi and I love your scraproom!

Victoria lucky girl you had 3 weeks off! It really doesn't take longer to get right back into the groove does it?

Hi Tres!! You've been on my mind lately.. haven't had a chance to catch up with any of you and I've been thinking so much about you all!

I am doing the OLW again this year Tres. I had such great success with it last year I decided to do it again. My word this year is Health. I am concentrating on health from all aspects.. physical & mental... and healthy within my heart. Are you choosing to do it again?

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

• scrapbrarian Said:
Hi Danelle Happy New Year to you!

*hugs* Rebecca! Happy New Year to you too!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

• scrapbrarian Said:

I had mine in May... I have one every 2 years

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to lynnde

Glad to hear it Danelle!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hi Danelle! How is marriage treating you? I think about you all the time! I LOVE it when you get on and talk here!

Love ya girl!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to 888

Megan and Trisha - i too am FREEZING!!!
I have been so mia since my scraproom is C-C-C-Collllldddddd!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i get a runny nose just sitting in there. I was in there in a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie, jeans, fleece housecoat and another on my lap and i was still cold!!!!
brrr

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littleMRSimelda

WOW insane creepy stories!!!! Trisha, i probably would have yelled back at the guy for hitting my car... probably not a great idea! You did the right thing and maybe even saved someone by calling the store and letting them know!

Pink - really to Canada?? did he seriously think that was going to work?! also, no way someone that stupid was coming to canada... ahhahaha ok maybe.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

• littleMRSimelda Said:
I have been so mia since my scraproom is C-C-C-Collllldddddd!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i get a runny nose just sitting in there. I was in there in a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie, jeans, fleece housecoat and another on my lap and i was still cold!!!!
brrr

Do you have freezing temps out there in Central Canada?? Here in Alberta we have been having crazy winds no snow and temps past 15 degrees Celcius which is 59 for the Americans.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

K here are my answers to the first set of questions:

Right now I am a stay at home mom. I have graduated with a teaching degree in 2010 but then had my ds so i stayed with him. I am hoping to get a teaching position for september. Fingers crossed i'll be teaching HS law.

I love being creative so right now i'm into crocheting. I love cake decorating, cross-stitching too. I love reading, shopping and watching movies!

Like many ladies here, i love thrillers!! i dont know if i could pick a fav book. i like authors like koontz, dan brown, james patterson and john grisham. I did read the story of Jane Doe (a rape case from Toronto) which was REALLY good!!!

I am a sucker for chick flicks!!! I looove the wedding planner, notebook but i also loove thrillers and comedies. I saw the new mission impossible recently which was really good! i also really like the dark knight and all the other batman movies with christian bale!! My fav comedy has to be Old School HANDS DOWN!!! super duper HARLARIOUS movie!!!

I dont know if i have a fav restaurant.... i like moxies and milestones - i think thats unique to canada though... not sure.

anything really... i'm easy! books, anything homemade...

probably a shoe or clothing store. I LOVE shopping!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Drayia

• Drayia Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
brrr

Do you have freezing temps out there in Central Canada?? Here in Alberta we have been having crazy winds no snow and temps past 15 degrees Celcius which is 59 for the Americans.

The weather wasn't so bad a couple weeks ago but for the past week and a half or so it's been insanely cold!! just the other day we had a ton of snow in my town (not my parent's who only live 30 min away) and the estimated high for the day was -14 celcius! yikes!!

i'm a baby though, i can't hanlde the cold weather!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-05-12 09:41 PM
In response to sdenison

• sdenison Said:
I have a few music questions to add:

That is an easy one for me I have two of them: Grease and Purple Rain!!!!

Past: Duran Duran, Madonna,Poison, Motley Crue and Thompson Twins

Recent: Lady GaGa, Adele, Carrie Underwood

My IPod is FULL of 80's music... I love it all!!! One hit wonders, Hair Bands... I love the 80's! That is what I listen to when I'm in my creative zone

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-05-12 09:52 PM
In response to IMABear2

• HelloNikilynn Said:
Hello Nikilynn, well hello Nikilynn, it's so nice to have you AROUND................

Thank you SOOO much... you have NOOOO idea, how good it feels to be back!!!!! My voice is almost back,,, still sounds a little rough.
I'm finally catching up on things and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

How you are doing my SS?

I do have one question for you.... if you don't mind..... what is your first name???? Hey... a girl can try right????

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to sdenison

• sdenison Said:
Speaking of unique and unusual Christmas ornaments (in my post above)...my husband did a show on John Waters a few years back and ended up on his Christmas card list. One year, we got a Christmas ornament from him that was a clear ball ornament with a dead cockroach in it. I will post a picture of it when I get home. (I love John Waters)

OMG! That is so John Waters! I bet your husband had a blast doing that show and meeting him. He has such a fun odd ball sense of humor.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

NikiLynn: Let's have a round of applause and hear it for the hair bands!!!! The 80's had the BEST music ever

I'm going to break out and sing "Home sweet home" by Montley Crew....

You know I'm a dreamer
But my heart's of gold
I had to run away high
So I wouldn't come home low

Just when things went right
Doesn't mean they were always wrong
Just take this song and you'll never feel
Left all alone

Take me to your heart
Feel me in your bones
Just one more night
And I'm comin' off this
Long & winding road

I'm on my way
I'm on my way
Home sweet home
Tonight, tonight
I'm on my way
I'm on my way
Home sweet home

You know that I've seen
Too many romantic dreams
Up in lights, fallin' off the silver screen

My heart's like an open book
For the whole world to read
Sometimes nothing keeps me together at the seams

I'm on my way
I'm on my way
Home sweet home
Tonight, tonight
I'm on my way
Just set me free
Home Sweet Home
Home Sweet Home
Home Sweet Home
Home Sweet Home

I'm on my way
I'm on my way
Home Sweet Home
Yeah
I'm on my way
Just set me free
Home Sweet Home

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-06-12 07:26 AM

Woo-hoo Trisha! Holds up lighter!

SS-2-Shana
Tenant
SS-2-Shana
In response to vawm

SS-2-Shana
Tenant
SS-2-Shana

Imeldas sister
New Kid On the Block
Imeldas sister

Hello sister! I hope that all is going well and I hope that your weekend is the best ever!!!

Talk to you soon little sis!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-06-12 01:13 PM
In response to Imeldas sister

Shelly your box is postal!! It will be there on Wednesday!

Trisha your box is postal too!!! It will be there on Tuesday!!!

Thank you both for being SOOOO patient and kind to me!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-06-12 01:16 PM
In response to 888

Oh yea..... those will be delivered via: UPS... so keep an I eye for the Big Brown Truck!!!!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-06-12 01:39 PM
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
Oh yea..... those will be delivered via: UPS... so keep an I eye for the Big Brown Truck!!!!

And a cute guy in the truck!?!

IMABear2
Tenant
IMABear2
In response to vawm

Ms. Nikilynn........

A special order for you has been placed. But GIRLFRIEND update your wish list............ OR I will have to send you ALL HELLO KITTY! LOL!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to IMABear2

Happy Saturday!

Shellys Sister
New Kid On the Block
Shellys Sister

Today is the day to get all my supplies for some wonderful surprises for my little sister! So many ideas floating around from all the questions and answers going on. Hope you had a most wonderful week and that your weekend is filled with family and crafting.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Shellys Sister

I'm working hard on not buying any supplies until I have done 75 layouts - same as tres. This will be a real discipline for me!

So as much as I keep seeing lovely new products, I am doing my best not to look at them!

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:

My kids will be so excited! They love the "USP" truck.

Speaking of the UPS truck, a few months back, Eli told my husband that the UPS truck was black and Brian said, "no, it's brown." and my son kept insisting that it was black so Brian said, "ok, we'll ask mommy when we get home and whatever she says, that's what it is."

So they walked in the door and Eli excitedly runs up to me and says, "Mommy, what color is the USP truck?" I said, "brown". He got real quiet turned around and then just let out this huge "Waaaaah!" and started crying like I had totally crushed his world.

We laughed about that (behind his back of course) for weeks.

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to sdenison

I just realized I didn't answer my own questions:

Favorite Soundtracks: Nightmare before Christmas, Canticle of the Plains, Reality Bites, Grease 2 (yes I did say two)

Album: Past - Any Rich Mullins, Darden Smith & Boo Hewerdine's duet album, Jeff Buckley's Grace

Current - I haven't bought anything non-kid related lately but since Adele's album blew outta the water, I've been thinking about downloading it

Play list:
Childhood would be Jerry Jeff Walker, Willie Nelson, Jimmy Buffet, etc
Current: Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Burlap to Cashmere, Jason Mraz,

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to sdenison

Here's another question:

What movies would you not necessarily consider one of your favorites when asked, but when you run across it on TV you say, "Oh, I'm just going to watch this one scene." and then you watch the entire thing.

I just did that the other night with Strictly Ballroom. I do it everytime I see it.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to sdenison

I just thought I'd share one of my Christmas journal pages - the prompt was Unexpected Surprises. I journalled about all the handmade cards I got from international scrappy friends!

Unexpected surprises! By RachelUK

Unexpected surprises! By RachelUK

I included Debbie's envelope, and stamps from Tres, Rebecca, Lori (Paperluv), Ingrid, Tina and Rosita. I also had a card from Suzi with some other stuff so it didnt have an American stamp!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Imeldas sister

• Imeldas sister Said:
Hello sister! I hope that all is going well and I hope that your weekend is the best ever!!!

Talk to you soon little sis!

HELLO big sister!!!!!!

weekend is going pretty well. how is yours going? how are you?!

Wanna gimmie some hints? hehee

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to RachelUK

Here are my answers for the next set of questions

Dont really listen to soundtracks.... the only ones i can remember owning are Pochahontas (from when i was a kid) and Grease.LOL

I dont buy albums any more but one of my all time favs is Chirstina Aguilera

I dont really get creative to music. I like watching tv while i scrap though. I watch tv series. I've seen Criminal Minds up to date, Project runway, Desperate housewives and am now on Grey's Anatomy.

What movies would you not necessarily consider one of your favorites when asked, but when you run across it on TV you say, "Oh, I'm just going to watch this one scene." and then you watch the entire thing.

I always do this with "What Women Want" LOOVE this movie!

oh ya and another all time fav movie has to be Shawshank Redemption AMAZING!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Here are my answers for the next set of questions

I love "movie" sound tracks and have a ton of them! Some of my favorites are Twilight, Phantom of the opera & Cherish.

Who buys albums any more? I usually down load from i-tunes. Past: Royal court of chine "Geared & Primed".

What would be your ideal playlist to be creative to? I have one of these on my ipod & ipad! It's titled "Laters" and has Lady Gaga, Adele, Abba, Audio slave, Linkin Park, Avril Lavign, The Black eyed peas, The Bee Gees, and Boston just to name a few. Now if your wondering why the play list is titled "Laters"... Laters is a "funny" from a book called Fifty shades of grey.

What movies would you not necessarily consider one of your favorites when asked, but when you run across it on TV you say, "Oh, I'm just going to watch this one scene." and then you watch the entire thing. The Other sister!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Hi everyone!

It has been a really nice day here - not in the least cold, so we have been outside doing a bit of sorting out in the garden, and what we have done has made such a difference, its amazing! I cut back the very healthy vine that we have growing along the south-facing wall of the house - it has loads of both black and green grapes. We neglected it a little last year, but it is now all ready to go up the wall without taking anyone's eyes out as they pass by!

We have a pretty trellis in our little patio courtyard, with clematis and climbing roses on it. One or two of the supports had got rotten and broken, so we had to wait until now to see where to prune everything right back, renew the big supports and get it all looking smart again. Neil has bought some new wood to replace anything that was too far gone, so we are all set to have a very pretty courtyard this year.

Finally I have left him outside chopping down the lilac. At the moment it obscures some of the light (and some of the view of the fields opposite the house) from my scrap room, so I have got him getting it from 20' high to a more reasonable 7-8! That should also mean lots more flowers at a height where we can see and smell them, which will be lovely.

Hard work but good results!

Now I am inside to 'tidy up Christmas' but I couldnt resist saying hello first!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to RachelUK

Hi all,

Rebecca and Nikilynn I just received your New Years cards! That was sooo sweet of both of you. I made about 3 Christmas cards and gave up so I guess I'm ahead for next year

Rebecca and Danelle I am still thinking of my OLW - I better pick up the pace. I did like it last year. Great words you both have.

Trisha you did the right thing with Mr. Creepy. I had a guy once knock on my window with a dollar bill in his hand...I think he wanted to give it back to me but I knew it wasn't mine. Weird and scary all at once.

As for Home Sweet Home - I am sure I have that tape buried in my hope chest somewhere..LOL. I am turing "29" this year

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-08-12 11:55 AM
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:

And a cute guy in the truck!?!

Victoria... if I could order that I would... Heck... I'd send all you ladies a NICE HOTT UPS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-08-12 11:57 AM
In response to IMABear2

• HelloNikilynn Said:
Ms. Nikilynn........

A special order for you has been placed. But GIRLFRIEND update your wish list............ OR I will have to send you ALL HELLO KITTY! LOL!

Oh My Goodness...... I'm so excited!!!

Hmmmmmm .......... maybe I won't update my list... all Hello Kitty... how could that be bad

I'll update the list today!!!

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-08-12 11:59 AM

• TrishaLouise Said:
Happy Saturday!

I wasn't online yesterday... but Happy Sunday Trisha!!!!

BTW... when you posted Home Sweet Home... I was singing it as I was reading it. (so glad you couldn't hear me LOL)

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to 888

I don't need a nice hot UPS man - I have my own little hottie - hes perfect!

Page 2 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics