Page 2 of 7 
Username Post: ScrapbookSusie's Birthday Swap FINAL Day to open!        (Topic#1567945)
Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to studiocbychelsea

my eyes are all watery today and it's hard for me to look at the computer screen!!! I hope everyone starts to feel better soon.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to Shelly_Anne00

Hellos Ladies I am just checking in. I see many of you have been sick. Hope you feel better soon!

Toni

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to tcletoaddison

Thanks Toni!! I am really trying hard to feel better. I do feel a little better today but still not 100%

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hi ladies!

I'm feeling much better, but I'm still pretty congested. I'm just happy to be breathing through my nose, even if it's not that great lol

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to DesiLee

Hi everyone- I've been MIA & I'm sorry. The end of December was a roller coaster. Then on Tuesday- 3 Jan we enrolled my mom into the hospice program per recommendation of her neurologist. She has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and the medication to help with pain and muscle spasms is no longer working very well. She has suffered enough. Unfortunately being an only child & having a father who refuses to be involved in those details, the decision was up to me. Although I thought I was prepared for it- it still was not easy. Thankfully I have a wonderful DH who is an amazing supporting man to help me thru this.

I still intend to participate in this swap. I've worked on my wish list & everything. I will shout if things get too much since I have no idea how this will go with my mom. No one really does I imagine. But I think I'll be okay coordinating everything.

ChrisC
ChrisC 
Expert
ChrisC

JCI - Happy Thursday

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to ChrisC

hey everybody!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Hola Chicas,

I got everyone's partners figured out and I don't have anywhere to go tonight (still feeling like poo) so I will be home and will send you your partners this evening. I am so so so sorry it has taken this long I certianly didn't mean for this to happen! Thank you for being so great and patient!!! I really appreciate it very much!!!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to scrapbooksusie

Hope you are feeling better. I had to LOL at Bon's post

I think I will sign my posts Moonpuff moonpuff Moonpuff just for her now

Excited to get my partner and place an order online too

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to moonpuff

YEAH Susie! Got mine. Sorry you still feel bad. I'm in the same boat. UGH!! I sound like Darth Vader when I try to breathe!!!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

The coughing is what's KILLING me...crazy bad!

ALL PARTNERS have been pm'ed!!!! Please let me know if you didn't get it or if you have any questions.

ChrisC
ChrisC 
Expert
ChrisC

Yeahhhh time to go shopping

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to moonpuff

Ooo I'm excited. I looked at my partner's wishlist and I already have a good idea of what she's getting

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to DesiLee

me too!!! I already got my list made.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-05-12 08:50 PM

I can't wait to get started I am over the moon with excitement!!! I absolutely LOVE my partner and I can't wait to shop for her.

Edited by NaneeTootieBeebleBug on 01-05-12 08:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

studiocbychelsea
Pro
studiocbychelsea
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

so excited to start shopping for my partner!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

I have a list made. Now I just have to wait till I get paid on Monday

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to DesiLee

I plan to start shopping next weekend!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I just ordered a pile of stuff from my buddies wishlist. Heck, she has great taste that I had to order a few things for me too.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to moonpuff

HAHA!!! I agree moon!!! Same here. I made this list and was like...wait...I want one of those too.

ENABLERS WE ALL ARE!!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

i got my partner ready to go shopping looked at her wish list lots of goodies to choose from. wait till payday on tuesday. order some goodies

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

LMAO Shelly.... I know.
I was looking at my Buddies, and I was like "Wait.. I never say that before...." so I ordered 2 of a few things LOL.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to moonpuff

Ladies, I looked at a house today and I must say I am in love! They converted the 2 car garage into a family room that would be my...guess what...SCRAPROOM - I love love love it!!! Trying not to get too excited but OMG it even has a sink a little counter and nice cabinets in it...it's large too - I could have several people over and everyone have plenty of space! The rest of the house is really cool too - all except a tiny kitchen but I'd be living in the scraproom anyway! Even has a shed out back for the hubby! LOL OH I am dreaaaammmmmin now!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-06-12 01:18 PM

BAD BAD BAD GIRLS!!!! I THINK WE ALL NEED "SA"!!

HELLO...MY NAME IS BON...AND I AM A SCRAPAHOLIC...I NEED TO BUY PAPER AT LEAST EVERY OTHER DAY. MY LIVING ROOM COFFEE TABLE HOSTS MY CRICUT EXPRESSION AND I SLEEP WITH PRETTY PAPER AND EMBELLIES! OH WAIT...I SAVE A SMALL SPOT FOR MY BOO...BECAUSE HEY, HE PAYS FOR IT ALL. I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS BECAUSE EVERYONE I KNOW HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. WE GO TO EACH OTHERS WISHLISTS AND "OUR" SHOPPING CART GETS FULL..."ONE FOR HER...TWO FOR ME"!! OH AND THE DREAMS...I SEE ORDER NUMBER AFTER ORDER NUMBER FLASH BEFORE MY EYES...PLEASE HELP OR I WILL BE SITTING IN A RUBBER ROOM ROCKING BACK AND FORTH SAYING "MOONPUFF MOONPUFF MOONPUFF"!! AND NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-06-12 01:18 PM

Oh Susie...

I am so very excited for you!!! I hope you can make this dream house a reality!! YOU DESERVE IT GIRL!!!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

• scrapbooksusie Said:
Ladies, I looked at a house today and I must say I am in love! They converted the 2 car garage into a family room that would be my...guess what...SCRAPROOM - I love love love it!!! Trying not to get too excited but OMG it even has a sink a little counter and nice cabinets in it...it's large too - I could have several people over and everyone have plenty of space! The rest of the house is really cool too - all except a tiny kitchen but I'd be living in the scraproom anyway! Even has a shed out back for the hubby! LOL OH I am dreaaaammmmmin now!!!

Good Luck!
You need to stop over one day next week (maybe for lunch?) and have a look. I have a 2 car garage conversion as my scrap room.
I love all the space.

What area is the house in?

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:

HELLO...MY NAME IS BON...AND I AM A SCRAPAHOLIC...I NEED TO BUY PAPER AT LEAST EVERY OTHER DAY. MY LIVING ROOM COFFEE TABLE HOSTS MY CRICUT EXPRESSION AND I SLEEP WITH PRETTY PAPER AND EMBELLIES! OH WAIT...I SAVE A SMALL SPOT FOR MY BOO...BECAUSE HEY, HE PAYS FOR IT ALL. I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS BECAUSE EVERYONE I KNOW HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. WE GO TO EACH OTHERS WISHLISTS AND "OUR" SHOPPING CART GETS FULL..."ONE FOR HER...TWO FOR ME"!! OH AND THE DREAMS...I SEE ORDER NUMBER AFTER ORDER NUMBER FLASH BEFORE MY EYES...PLEASE HELP OR I WILL BE SITTING IN A RUBBER ROOM ROCKING BACK AND FORTH SAYING "MOONPUFF MOONPUFF MOONPUFF"!! AND NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND

ROFLMAO.
You are too funny Bon!
Is it bad, then when shopping for my buddy today, I had to buy something that I am not even sure WHAT IT IS. It is made by a major scrappy company, and It was intriguing. I am now, sitting here, staring at it, AND I STILL DON:T KNOW WHAT IT IS. But It is OK.. I bought 2.. one for my buddy and one for me.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to moonpuff

Lol! maybe once your buddy has opened her's she can tell you what it is!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

I am just DYING laughing right now!!! I will understand Bon - always!! LOL

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to moonpuff

• moonpuff Said:
  • scrapbooksusie Said:

Good Luck!
You need to stop over one day next week (maybe for lunch?) and have a look. I have a 2 car garage conversion as my scrap room.
I love all the space.

It's over off Elgin (going toward 19) on Collingswood. You can see it on Zillow,

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11327-Col lingswood-St...

I am working hard to try and make it happen! I'd love to come see your room! Maybe I can bring my ATG??

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to moonpuff

• moonpuff Said:

ROFLMAO.
You are too funny Bon!
Is it bad, then when shopping for my buddy today, I had to buy something that I am not even sure WHAT IT IS. It is made by a major scrappy company, and It was intriguing. I am now, sitting here, staring at it, AND I STILL DON:T KNOW WHAT IT IS. But It is OK.. I bought 2.. one for my buddy and one for me.

NOW I'm laughing at BOTH of you!

Moonpuff Moonpuff Moonpuff

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

wow!! you ladies are giving me some much needed comic relief!! Thanks so much for the laughs. Now I'm dying to know what you are looking at Moon!!! What can it be? lol!!!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Ok I have to ask it Shelly Ann and Desi are you related? I look at your photos and you look so much alike. I got confused and thought one of you had changed your photo but the old one was still up. Duh look at the names and I figured out it was two different people living in different states.

Well ladies I am in a bit of a pickel. Did everyone make a long wish list? I thought we needed to so our partner would have plenty to choose from. If you haven't could you please up date soon. When we order it takes a while to get the order then we have to wrap it and resend it. Please help out by making sure you have a good wish list.

Thanks to you all!

Edited by tcletoaddison on 01-06-12 04:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

• scrapbooksusie Said:
  • moonpuff Said:
  • scrapbooksusie Said:

Good Luck!
I love all the space.

It's over off Elgin (going toward 19) on Collingswood. You can see it on Zillow,

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11327-Col lingswood-St...

I am working hard to try and make it happen! I'd love to come see your room! Maybe I can bring my ATG??

Of course you can bring your ATG
I have glass in front. Our house was a model, so we kept the glass doors in front.

That looks cute! and close to your sons school.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to moonpuff

Come on people... get cracking with those wishlists! Toni wants to get her order in, so get a moving!

OK... (And I went and checked mine, and wow.. I got a bunch of stuff on there, so I know it is not me LOL)

FWIW, this item (the unknown what to do with thing) is NOT on my partners wishlist, but she is getting one too, cause I want to know what to do with it LOL. I figure, she is getting 12 days of wishlist stuff, then bonus things that either I needed an excuse to order one for me too... or in this case, something that just made be go HUH in the middle of the store.

Maybe I should google it?

Signed...

Moonpuff, Moonpuff Moonpuff

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to moonpuff

Question of the hour: If I were me...where would I put my heat gun. Somedays I tell you, it is hard to be me.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-06-12 07:18 PM
In response to moonpuff

Moonpuff, Moonpuff, Moonpuff...WTScrapbook did you order??? Cause you know that I HAVE TO HAVE IT TOO!!!!!!

This swap is an excellent excuse for some shopping for ourselves!!!! I think I LIKE this idea more and MORE!!! And since FEBRUARY is my Birthday month whomever has me as a partner can spoil me rotten if she wants k???

So give it up Girlie...What is it??? I may not be able to sleep if I don't know!!! Getting ready to go place an order right NOW...cause I want that awesome new tombow adhesive stamper...WOOOOO HOOOOO...time to PLAY!!!! Be still my credit card!!!!!

If you don't hear from me please come visit me in the rubber room..."Moonpuff, Moonpuff, Moonpuff

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to moonpuff

Moon!!! You are cracking me up!! I have had to ask myself the same question MANY times about my heat gun. I misplace my stuff ALL the time in the middle of the huge PILE of scrappy stuff on my table!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I cannot share what I bought... cause my partner is getting one. I did send Susie a pic, so she could explain it to me, and now she wants one too ROFL.

I have 2 heat guns, and I cannot find either one right now LOL.

Think I need to clean this mess up?

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to moonpuff

I would like to know what that strange item is as well. I keep thinking about it and keep coming up with nothing. Guess I will be here all day just looking in the store again to try to find it What could it be. Moonpuff you will have to let us know when the swap is over! I love to read your posts Moonpuff. I was in here laughing and my husband had to come see what I was laughing at. Thanks for the word on the wishlists. I wanted to already have placed my order but undecided what to do. Guess I will place it this eveing and then hit HL and JA up for the other 5 items needed to complete the 12. I just don't like waiting till the last minute to do something. Let me get it done and over with. Although I do go shopping everyday just not for scrap stuff. You see I have 18 grandchildren and 2 great grands so I have birthdays every month and some have more than 1. But 2 live with me and I am alway looking for a good deal. I have to start Christmas shopping now in order to keep up. Aw ho is kidding I just love to shop!!!!!!!!! That should have been my middle name. HaHaHa. I don't like to shop on line for much though I like to see and touch what I buy.

Moonpuff keep posting!!!!

Edited by tcletoaddison on 01-07-12 05:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

lol Toni, nope we're not related.

I'm excited to get shopping, but I have to wait till Tuesday D:. I hate that I get paid on Mondays.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

feb is my b-day month too so hopefully i'll get real spoiled. dreams lot of dreams.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to DesiLee

i get paid on tuesday i think that over rated

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to 2BuzyScrapper

JCI - got my partners- this is going to be sooo much fun. I love the goodies idea too. I'll be scouring the wish lists and putting my order in soon. I love giving presents.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

haha Toni!!! Sounds like you will fit right in here...we all love to shop I think! I did go browsing a little today, but I can't narrow the items down just yet that I wanna get. I have to be more decisive this time.

Moon...please let us know when the swap is done. You will have us all wanting one!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

Once my buddy opens it then I will 100% share it with everyone. I shared with our hostess, and she loved it. Go figure! I am still staring at mine, sitting here on my desk.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to moonpuff

Maybe I should apologize in advance???? If you are my buddy, you may be receiving random items that I needed and excuse to buy 2 of... one for you, and one for me

(You will get wishlist stuff too... these are just extra weird stuff from Moonpuff, moonpuff, moonpuff)

Bahahahaha....
scared yet?????

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to moonpuff

I do want one!!! Heck I think I'd get 2 (like I always do) to use one and save (or collect) it!!

It is soooo cool!!!!! I am jealous of MOONPUFF's partner!!!

ChrisC
ChrisC 
Expert
ChrisC

Hmmm was planning on working in my scrap building today... But took a nap instead.. Now I need to make the choc chip cookies I promised my dgd and kids

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to ChrisC

I got a question for everyone!

What is something scrappy you want to try but haven't yet. This can be anything from making a mini album to creating paper flowers to binding your own books...really ANYTHING!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

i would love to make paper flowers

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-08-12 03:51 PM

I want to make a toilet paper album...I have 28 rolls saved so far...

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

Bon...I got addicted to those when I first started!

I want to try the alchol inks on transparency! I saw one on youtube and it looked GREAT! I have a pack of inks, but haven't tried yet. I think the ones I saw were metallic. I'm not sure which I have.

ChrisC
ChrisC 
Expert
ChrisC

I think paper flowers and making things look "vintage". Love the look but need to figure it out

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to ChrisC

Hmmmmmm... I would have to say actually USE something I have bought. I watch something on you tube and write what I need to make it, get the stuff and put it in a draw. Lather.. rinse ... repeat.

So, I have draws of stuff, and no clue why I bought it, and what I was going to do with it either.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to moonpuff

I think I want to try making stick pins. I keep seeing them on layouts and projects lately and they're kind of cute.

I didn't get any scrapping done this weekend. I was trying to finish a pair of jammie pants I was making for my hubby and my sewing machine is being non-cooperative. The thread keeps getting stuck in the bottom with the bobbin and it makes a big knot on the back of the fabric I'm trying to sew. I'm not sure what's going wrong. My Grammer gave me the sewing machine, it's a little portable one, but she didn't have the directions anymore. I might try to find some online. It's set up a little differently than my old one so I may be doing something wrong. It's just annoying because it was working fine all afternoon and then, all of a sudden it started acting up. Anywho, sorry for the rant lol.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to DesiLee

Mosaics - one of the gals in another group did it & it looks amazing- here's a link

Merry Christmas page 2 Mosaic By DaNel Hicks

I asked her the size of the blocks & she said 1" - I keep looking for pics that I want to try this with

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to charcats7

Making my own paper! I have all the stuff just need to get to it!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

I have made my own paper before! Also my own flowers. Loved doing them both.

I have made stick pins too, but I always have trouble with the GLUE!! I like how they turned out though.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

just placed my order and didn't order myself ANYTHING...what's wrong with me? LOL!

Hope everyone is having an awesome monday.

BCS Championship in a couple hours...ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Did you use old cards to make your paper? Did it take long to dry?

Did you use it for cards or scrapping?

Yeppie I got my first order from Scrapbook.com today!!! So exciting for me!!!!!

Edited by tcletoaddison on 01-09-12 04:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

I used lots of different scraps to make my paper. I blended them up in a non-food use blender!

YES..took longer than I ever thought to dry. I figured it would dry faster.

I used it to make Christmas cards about 3 years ago. I loved they way they turned out!

I dyed mine, so not sure about using that for scrapping.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

I was afaid of it taking to long to dry I can't have a lot of screens laying around my my 2 year old grand here everyday. You blink and she is gone. She wrote on my walls today with a pen PaPa left on his night stand.

I bought a cheap blender to use only for the paper making.

Got glitter and dried flowers to go in the paper as well.

I am determined to make some for my xmas cards this year.

OK Bon I have to ask what is a toilet paper album? I have never hear of that before! I save the rolls to make candy poppers for party favors.

Edited by tcletoaddison on 01-09-12 04:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

OH NO!! Papa better watch out. My nephew is 2 so I know what you mean. and PAPA let's him get away with EVERYTHING!

Me too...my cheap blender. I can't remember exactly HOW long it took...but I know it was WAAAYYYY longer that I hadplanned for. Luckily at the time I lived in a house with a garage. So, I just had them drying in there. OOOHHH!! Glitter will be nice.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Papa is a sucker when it comes to the girls they just walk all over him! The grand daughter we are raising gets away with murder with him. All she has to do is look and he jump! Please lord don't let that child frown when PaPa is home. His own daughter is so jealous of her. And she is 36 years old.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

If it's a toilet paper roll album here's a link the first one I ever made:

http://www.hidengoscrap.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive...

I loved it but sent it in for a swap and never heard from the recipient! LOL My sister still says see i told you that you shouldn't have mailed it to someone you don't know! LOL Geesh i do miss it though.

I want a zutter bind it all to bind my own mini's...I also want to try sewing on things, I am so not a sewer at all so it'll be a hard one to do! LOL There are so many things I wanna do - I'd love to be good at quilling like one of my friends, she can quill anything!!!

studiocbychelsea
Pro
studiocbychelsea

I really want to work on mini albums and altering things (picture frames, boxes, etc.) I am kind of like moonpuff in that I buy things because I want to try them out for a project and then I never do it....hoping to change that this year though.

very pretty TP album Susie...I hope that whomever has it is enjoying it

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

First day back to school today... let the insanity begin again!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

All I can say is WOW. That is just amazing to be able to transform tp rolls. You need to do a video tutorial on how to make those. I would love to try! How many rolls do you need to save? Is there a special type? I do know some TP rolls are white and thicker paper and some are kraft and very thin.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-09-12 07:01 PM

• tcletoaddison Said:
I was afaid of it taking to long to dry I can't have a lot of screens laying around my my 2 year old grand here everyday. You blink and she is gone. She wrote on my walls today with a pen PaPa left on his night stand.

I bought a cheap blender to use only for the paper making.

Got glitter and dried flowers to go in the paper as well.

I am determined to make some for my xmas cards this year.

OK Bon I have to ask what is a toilet paper album? I have never hear of that before! I save the rolls to make candy poppers for party favors.

Hi Friends...LONG DAY...Just now checking in!!! Susie is ABSOLUTELY right on with her example of the "Toilet Paper Album"!!!! Isn't it BEAUTIFUL???

The white toilet paper rolls are pretty flimsy and I don't save those ones. But I have been saving the brown ones since November!! You can use as many toilet paper rolls as you wish only the more you use the bulkier it will be. I love them because you can put tags in them where the openings are and do so much!!! Perfect little mini album!!!!

Susie...Your Album is GORGEOUS...I think I'm with your Mom and Sis on that one....ESPECIALLY the fact that you didn't know your partner...It's not the same as maybe ME...if you know what I mean lol

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

• scrapbooksusie Said:
If it's a toilet paper roll album here's a link the first one I ever made:

http://www.hidengoscrap.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive...

I loved it but sent it in for a swap and never heard from the recipient! LOL My sister still says see i told you that you shouldn't have mailed it to someone you don't know! LOL Geesh i do miss it though.

I want a zutter bind it all to bind my own mini's...I also want to try sewing on things, I am so not a sewer at all so it'll be a hard one to do! LOL There are so many things I wanna do - I'd love to be good at quilling like one of my friends, she can quill anything!!!

ok Susie...I had never actually saw this tp mini...but REMEMBER...this is the swap when we became such good friends!!!! you did an awesome job on this. I miss the TWO minis I sent for this swap too...boo!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

That is so pretty Susie!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to DesiLee

I can hardly wait to get home and look at that tp album Susie - can't view blogs at work- government thing LOL. They don't want us "socializing" yet we have FB & they don't know about scrapbooking haha.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I am still working on cleaning up my work area downstairs- have some things already for my partners- just need to figure what else is needed & then order what's missing.... so exciting.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to DesiLee

very cool album, Susie.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I can hardly wait to get home and look at that tp album Susie - can't view blogs at work- government thing LOL. They don't want us "socializing" yet we have FB & they don't know about scrapbooking haha.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I am still working on cleaning up my work area downstairs- have some things already for my partners- just need to figure what else is needed & then order what's missing.... so exciting.

same here Char! Isn't that funny how they let you have Facebook access but they don't want socializing going on? I will never get that!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

HA HA Just order from scrapbook.com for my pal.got her alot of her wish list. hope she likes it all.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Thanks Ladies!!! I really appreciate it, I love making them!

And yes Shelly - I will always think of our friendship when I think of that swap and that mini!!! See everything happens for a reason!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

I ordered from my partners wish list too!!! So, I hope everyones is updated. LOL!

I know Susie! It sure does.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

day 2 of school... my headache is back.

ChrisC
ChrisC 
Expert
ChrisC
In response to moonpuff

We are on day 6 back to school... I don't think my headache has gone away since August. LOL

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to ChrisC

I don't go back to school until the 23rd :D. I had to buy my books today though D:. I wont be able to do my shopping for this until next weekend now. I'll still be able to get it done in time though, I can get everything locally

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to DesiLee

You are so lucky you can get stuff locally. I wish I made more local stores to scour

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to moonpuff

Yup, my town's pretty lucky as far as craft stores go. I have a J's, a Moore's, a Michael's and there's a LSS about 20 mins away

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to DesiLee

MoonPuff and Chris really am sorry about your headaches. Sound like you are both teachers. So if you are I just want to say I appricate the fact you have dedicated yourselves to the children of our future! I have been volunteering at my grands school and see what the teachers have to go through with the students and parents. So many of them do not take an interest in the future of their children. Sometimes I have to walk outside and take a breath at the way some students behave. So once again Thank You!

I still am hunting a video on how to make a TP mini Album. Now I need a book for how to make a mini album with TP rolls. Anyone know where I can find it? Susie I am a dummy on how to make albums I need from start to finish. How to cut the rolls?

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I am so NOT a teacher
I am actually a psychiatric social worker

I don't have the patience to be a teacher.... just this school year, my 11 yr old has a very disorganized teacher. They were told on Monday that the science fair projects are coming up. They need a ton of it done by friday. Why not tell them before break? so we could have thought about it then?

It is a very "last minute" type of school year, and I am all about planning and being organized, and it is driving me CRAZY.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to moonpuff

wow Moon! I couldn't handle that either.

How do you like being a psychiatric social worker? I'd love to make a career change. I've always wanted to do something more serving to the community, but That would mean going back to school.

I really need to do it!!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I love my field.. I am a people person, so it fits me well.

Now, I no longer work full time. I went "consultant" years ago and love that even more. I have quite a bit of forensic experience, so that has benefited me dramatically.

I used to do community based social work, with a full case load of clients. That was not conducive to my family life, and this opportunity popped up, and I was at a point where I no longer wanted to be invited to other planets, etc on a daily basis

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to moonpuff

I picked up a little something for my partner today :D.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to DesiLee

haha Moon!!

I never considered myself much of a people person until I started to work at home. Now...I am much more of a people person than ever.

I don't have a family. It's just me. So...I got time for whatever really.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

i have 4 gifts for my partner that i'm wrapping tonight.

ChrisC
ChrisC 
Expert
ChrisC

I am a special education teacher for 5-8th grade and work with Behavior Disorder K-4 also.

I am also working on my Doctorate so I can go back into administration when I decide to. I spent 8 years as an administrator in the private sector and loved it.. but couldn't keep up with the workload with 6 kids at home. So now I think I'm ready to try it again with just 2 kids and 2 grandkids at home.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00
In response to ChrisC

Wow ChrisC!!! Busy house.

I got part of my partners goodies in the mail today. Could I actually be on time and NOT procrastinating? I think so! Yay me!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

evening everyone, just stopping by to say hello. I've got a little more shopping to do.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to Monique_McCoy

Chris you must have a lot of patience! God Bless you! You sound like me raising 2 of my grands but watch my daughter 6 children while she works some days I just :rant:.

Moonpuff all I can say is wow! I would not like visiting other plants either. This is why you have such a good sence of humor. I alway look for your posts so I can
It picks my day up!

Shelly Ann you are never alone. There is always some one with you. And then you have us here. By the way looked at your Gallery you have some pretty nice work there. I need to get up to speed with you ladies.

Ok my shopping is done now just have to figure out how to wrap some of the stuff. Can we play a joke? Oh need to find a box big enough or will have to use 2 boxes? Can we go ahead and mail out the boxes now?

Watched U tube till 3:00am this morning to learn how to make TP mini albums. I have decided to make my 2nd year Daisy girls a mini for the move into Brownies. It does not look to hard but we shall see.

Edited by tcletoaddison on 01-12-12 06:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

aww...Thanks Toni! I do need to be reminded of that sometimes. Just meant I'm single, no kids, no man...lol. AND I work at home. Not a lot of human interaction for me!

Thanks for browsing my gallery and don't get addicted to that youtube! I sure did when I started making minis. I have been on a mini roll and I haven't done a 12X12 layout in a long long time.

Moonpuffs posts give me laughs too!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I am glad to amuse both Toni and Shelly

Life it too short not to have fun

I got a ship notice on my partners gifts (well, a bunch of them). I am excited, cause I ordered stuff for me too LOL.

I played Enron here today...... paid bills and then shredded tons of old paperwork. Waiting for hubby to come home now, and then I will shower and maybe play in my scrappy room tonight.

What is everyone else up to?

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to moonpuff

I am STILL sick and hacking...sucks. Had some turmoil in the hubby worklife, but I have good news - I may have my first PAYING job editing a book so it will be "official" - I am almost ready to launch my website!!! Exciting!!!

Shelly_Anne00
Idol
Shelly_Anne00

WOO HOO Susie! That's AWESOME!

Moon...i'm working. YUCK! Still have a cough too myself. We have overtime so trying to get it all in, but we got a long weekend! So, I'm excited and hope I get to scrap a lot over the weekend. I might even try to do a 12X12 layout!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

i'm cooking meatloaf for dinner and getting ready to just relax tonight cleaned the house today so that part is done. hope everyone has a good night

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-12-12 06:27 PM

I'm making dinner!!! I really just want to QUIT!!!! Who says that it has to be the lady of the family who is in charge of dinner, dishes and dirty laundry...I am so sick of the "3 D's"!!!!

I am still working on some bookmarks...but think I am going to work on some origami flowers tonight after all my chores are done that is!!!

I still have to catch up on the convo that I have missed here. I have caught bits and pieces! I am among some pretty special ladies in this swap. I am a pediatric oncology nurse, who just earned my masters in social work and am working on my doctorate. I have worked in my community for the last 20 years. I loved my work and wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world. Then I was diagnosed with cancer, and I became very isolated here at home. That is why I joined SB.com! Now I guess you all know a little about me, and why I count you ladies very special in the work that you do!!!

Well...I guess it's time to get dinner on the table...my Boo just walked through the door. Promise to catch up later...

Page 2 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics