Page 1 of 99 
Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Coffee Shop Sign (Full View) By Lorna Lee

For our little group but new faces are always welcome.

We have all been so busy with the Holidays upon us and with so many of us going in different directions that we have lost touch with each other and of any new wonders that are going on in our lives, so I thought I'd open this adorable little coffee shop where we'd all have a place to hang out and chat over coffee, tea, and maybe a scone or two. We are setup with WI-FI so feel free to bring your laptop, your scrapping material, a book or even a pillow if you need a quick nap. This is a friendly environment so please pick your feet up, grab a cup of Joe and feel free to chat away.

Soon we will have a coffee shop photo to add to this page so that we'll all feel warm in cozy inside. I'm hoping that Kat will photo shop one for us. Now we just need a logo for the front of the building. Any Ideas feel free to post them.

For those who would like to send a card:
Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA

Here is the link to the petition that I created to put prayer back in our schools. Created by Lorna

http://wh.gov/nD75

Edited by DKravec on 05-18-13 10:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Hello there friends. I am heading over to my kitchen and make myself a cafe con leche decaf of course. Now lets chat....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

Yay, our first customer. I'm hoping Kat will make us a cute little coffee shop with our logo on it to add to the first poste. We gotta have a building to settle into.

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper
In response to DKravec

I am so glad you are doing this Deb! I miss everyone so much, and feel happy to have a new place to keep in touch. It's sad everyone went their own way.

I cannot afford to swap these days, and I have not felt like doing much, but hopefully they new year and back in touch with everyone will spark some new interest.

Miss u all sooo much!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to midnitescrapper

Yay Vicki, so glad your found your way into our little shop. This is a great idea. I've missed chatting with everyone so much and with not swapping it's hard to keep up now.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Hi Vicki how are you sweety?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-22-11 06:09 PM
In response to Martica

Hi there ::peeking in the door:: is everyone welcome here? I'm looking for a place to settle down and enjoy my Peppermint Mocha Latte'~skinny of course

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Huskymom

Of course you're welcome. We all know you so pull up a chair and enjoy the company.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-22-11 06:14 PM
In response to DKravec

Thanks so much, I've been looking for a new place to plant my duff for a bit

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper
In response to Huskymom

Hi Martica, I was going to write u then Deb started this!

I am dealing with stuff best I can, but really want to get back in touch with everyone.

How have u been Martica?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Huskymom

Well your duff should be nice and cozy because I've had all the seats well cushioned. They even recline for those days of heavy shopping and swollen feet.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to DKravec

Martica just signed off to take a shower. She may be back on later. Can't wait until everyone finds their way in. Maybe I should add some blinking lights out front.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-22-11 06:28 PM
In response to DKravec

Perfect Deb...tonight I ventured out to do a little bit of shopping and could use a place to pick up my feet....I remembered quickly why I did 95% of my holiday shopping online, but am still waiting for 1 gift to arrive in the mail...so had to go and buy a back up

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Huskymom

My shopping was easy peesy this year. Nobody got anything. No job still and no money. Although I did make an album and box to put it in for my mom and dad.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

I am back but no latte for me ..... I am giving away some stuff that I did way back when so I am using them as was gifts....
Hi Deb and Deb.....hm how am I going to tell them apart got it.... Deb1 which is the Bratt and Deb2 is theboydbunch....
Vicki nice to see you here, I am doing fine thanks for asking...

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

I'm holding off the coffee at night. Decaf only. It's hard enough for me to fall asleep at night. I will enjoy a good decaf tho.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Me too.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

We've already had 48 views on this corner shop.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to DKravec

Well ladies, the shop is open 24hours but I'm heading out for awhile. Gonna try to get into the christmas spirit by watching a few christmas shows. Have a good night everyone. I may pop in later before heading off to bed for a quick night cap.

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper
In response to DKravec

I was so disappointed in the results of X-Factor, so ruined my night.

Our Christmas is super simple, no gifts, no money. Last year I swore this year would be different, but it is even worse. The world is getting harder and harder just to get by in...idk what people are going to do.

We went together and are making lasagna for dinner, my mom and Brenda coming to eat, Brenda will stay a while so we can try to get back into the scrapping groove.

That is the important thing, family, but it's also nice to be able to give a lil gift.

What is everyone having for Christmas dinner?

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

Hey,Thanks for invite.Just having a donut and some coffee sitting at my laptop.Did the store tonite for our Christmas dinner suppies,Store was crazy.One more day of work left. Joydee1963

Martica
Queen
Martica

We are having cuban food at my mom's house, pork, black beans and yuca and more,
We too are broke Vicky so most of my gifts are handmade...

Edited by Martica on 12-22-11 08:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to Martica

I love Yuca especially with the perfect amount of Garlic. Hello Laides I could not get here with the link but I found you all. How is everyone doing? I hope everyone Christmas is hopeful! I know mine will be.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to crafty lefty

Hi sweety how are you? Are you ready for xmas?

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to Martica

Peeking in the door....hello ladies. Just a sittin here with my berry tea, much rather have a peppermint mocha but would be up all night!! How is everyone? Just putting the finishing touches on Christmas preparations!!! All this work for an hour of pleasure!!!! I am so glad dgd is older and she believes now and is so excited!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to featherrs

No decorations up here this year. No gifts going out either but that's not so bad. We'll celebrate it for what it is...the birth of Christ. So we'll have a nice dinner with good company.

What's everyone else's plans.

Good to see people are stopping by. Hopefully we'll have more tomorrow when everyone wakes up and are ready for their morning coffee.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to DKravec

Ah Deb I'm so happy you started this, I've wanted to keep up with everyone! Another no-gift Christmas for us, too, though I might get a little scrappy money after all. My family is nice enough to give us gifts even though we can't afford to get them anything.

Things are kinda insane around our place. My mom learned a few months ago that her job would be gone this past Friday since the company shut down. But she got a bonus for staying until the end. She has an appointment with an accounting temp agency in the morning to look at options, so that's a good sign.

My mom has been discouraging my brother from finding work for awhile since he takes my dad to all his doctor's appointments and doesn't get frustrated with him easily like I do. I can get cranky.

My anxiety and depression problems make keeping a job very difficult, but the health network I am going to in January for therapy/counseling has a kind of "vocational therapy" where they help those of us with disabilities find jobs we can handle and that are better suited for us. Really hoping they can help me find something.

I can't wait to get back on my thyroid medicine. I get my hormone tested on Tuesday and should have the result by my appointment with my doctor the next day. I stopped taking it in July (without doc's consent...I know, stupid) and I've been ok up until the last month. I JUST realized last week why I've been having such problems with my health, especially my energy: hypothyroidism again. Good news is it's cheaply, easily treated with no side effects.

I just left school again. I haven't been able to stick with a major, I keep thinking I should be doing something else. I'm still praying about it but I am almost positive I'm going back to the creative field. Either web design or photography...not entirely sure which one yet.

And finally, my dad has been through a lot. Right as we were moving he kept falling. My brother and I could usually get him up but we had to call the fire department 4 times because we couldn't lift him. He had been getting fevers and nobody knew why, so his hematologist scheduled him to be admitted to the hospital Nov. 2nd for extensive testing. He ended up on a ton of steroids and because of it now has to do insulin injections in addition to his oral medication for type 2 diabetes. But he went straight from the hospital to a rehab facility really close to our apartment. He was gone nearly 3 weeks getting physical therapy. He is doing so much better physically. He gets therapy here at home 3 times a week and is getting stronger. To give you an idea of how atrophied his muscles got, he's currently doing arm curls with 2-pound weights. He'll be up to 4 or 5 soon.

Then today his infectious disease doctor informed him that he has a staph infection. She said, "You should be dead right now. This kills people usually within 24-48 hours." My mom said that really upset him, and it pisses me off that the doc said it like that. WONDERFUL bedside manner. But he's had no symptoms so it's insane. He goes every day for 6 weeks for antibiotic infusions starting yesterday.

And finally, after New Year's, he's having all his teeth pulled. All the steroids he's been on for so many years have destroyed his teeth so he's getting dentures. He won't have the tooth pain anymore and he will be able to eat much better.

Whew. Did I cover everything? LOL.

So good to see you all again!

Stormydog
Diva
Stormydog

Hey girls, I could use a cup-o-joe! Love the coffee shop Deb!

Cricut OCD
Governor
Cricut OCD

Hi Deb! Thanks so much for sending me an invite to your new coffee clutch! I headed to my Sister's today so I'm without my lifeline...i.e. computer! Here until Monday and then back to reality. Time for me to try and find a job. After reading the comments on here it's not sounding to promising. Good think I've stock piled lots of scrapping materials, it'll give me something to do when I'm leaving under the bridge~!

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one disappointed with the X-Factor. I figured she was going to win but was hoping for the other.

Hi to all of you that I don't know!

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks life kind of sucks right now. Guess things could always be worse but lately if you wait a little bit they do get worse! I'm about sick of it!

OK, enough of my complaining! I won't be on for the next few days but when I get home I'll check in with all of you! Keep the coffee hot for me, I'll need it by then!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Cricut OCD

Oh dear Cricut you hit the nail on the head: "Guess things could always be worse but lately if you wait a little bit they do get worse!" My family's been living a nightmare the last 4 years and people always tell me "just remember it could be worse!" and I feel like screaming, "But it ALWAYS gets worse! Wait 2 weeks and say that to me again!"

I hate that so many of us feel like that, but it is nice to know someone understands!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to katiemylady

And if you don't know me as well as a lot of the ladies here, I DO talk a lot

I just have to say I have GOT to handle my Etsy money better! I mean I sell on there right now for spending money, but I spend the money wayyyy too fast lol. Within 24 hours the profit is spent haha. HL had ribbon 50% off yesterday and since I stopped scrapping last year I haven't been getting any ribbon or trim. I am horribly low on it so I picked up a few rolls. On my way to the back I noticed all the pretty decorative stuff in the front that's often 50% off, and I spotted a black metal dress form! I have been dying for a dress form for some reason. So for $5 I just had to get it.

Then on my way home from my psych appointment I stopped at Goodwill. I found the cutest shirt by accident last week and I wanted to see if I could find anything else. I got two jackets (one denim) and a pink 3/4 length sleeve shirt. It has lace on it too! I spent less than $10...I can't believe I haven't been scouring Goodwill for clothes! I'm always there for something else and didn't realize I'd find so many clothes that are like new but cost next to nothing. Now I'm looking back at the $12 shirts I find at Meijer and Walmart all the time thinking it's savvy spending and realizing how much better I could be doing!

And while watching a YouTube video the lady linked to an Etsy store she got trims from so I checked it out. I had more in my PayPal account than I thought so I got 8 yards of beautiful trims for $16. Yummy! Not bad considering shipping and how much some of them cost at the store (especially for the satin, pleated, and wider trims).

Ok I'm done blabbering (for now). I'm gonna go hang lace on my new dress form

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

Martica Cuban food sounds good I lived in Tampa,Fl for 19 years I miss cuban food!

Edited by joydee1963 on 12-23-11 02:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to joydee1963

Good morning!! I have missed all of you!! Hugs to all of those who need them!!

I have been having trouble with my RA. I was on Humira and it was causing my lupus to flare. So they took me off that and put me on steroids. Then they scheduled me for an infusion. Apparently Rituxan, a chemo drug, works on RA. So I had one on the 15th of this month. I don't get sick, just very tired. I take naps now. I have had some very painful days. Still waiting on this drug to stop the pain, but I do have another infusion on the 29th. So maybe it's just going to take time. ON a good note, I am getting my mojo back. It went on a very long and extended vacation! Anyway, glad to get back in touch with everyone!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 03:15 AM

Morning all

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 03:38 AM

today is my last day of school (I'm a 2nd grade teacher) before Winter Break...The kiddos will be off the wall today, but a fun filled, magical day is in store for them, right down to a school-wide sing-a-long at the end of the day.
Have a great day all

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

Good morning, ladies, I hope you all don't mind if I drop I to the coffee shop daily, I have a lot to talk about, some funny and some real funny :D.

Christmas decorations outside none inside. 8\
Call us weird.

Biscuits going in the oven for a very filling but unhealthy breakfast. Yum!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 07:31 AM
In response to SoonerT

Hi T!! I can vouch for her funny and real funny things to share

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Huskymom

Thanks, Deb!

I also am a teacher, I have those very loveable and totally misunderstood 7th and 8th graders for geography and history. I love them. One of the funnies I like to tell....

Student: Ms. ********, when will we have a 'current' history due?

Ms. ********: Whaaaaaat?

Student: When will we have a 'current' history article that we have to turn in.

A little back-story here...

In geography, we do current events on the country or region we are learning about and since I have all my students for 2 years, this particular student was carrying over an assignment from geography to history the next year.

Ms. ********: So and so, there is no such thing as 'current' history.

Student: Yes there is, Ms. ********, we used to do them last year.

By this time, all the kids are looking at this student with the same look on their faces as I had on mine and we were all trying to keep from laughing. Needless to say, it took a little 'splainin' to help the student understand that there was not 'current' history.

Canadiancandy
Mayor
Canadiancandy
In response to SoonerT

Hi Ladies,
Thanks so much for the invite Deb. I've missed everyone and the threads that develop while a swap was in the works. Always enjoyed reading and learning things about all my new online friends! Hopefully I will spend some more time here and share in the great conversations and the cheek hurting laughs that would happen from reading about someone's crazy day, or funny happenings. Always loved that about the forums.

I hope EVERYONE has a wonderful christmas its great to be here. (pulls up a chair) I think I'll stick around as you all are a great bunch of wonderful ladies!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Sherry

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Canadiancandy

Good morning friends....well its the eve of xmas eve.
Hubby is home and I am sitting here drinking my Cuban capuchino
which is milk and cuban coffee, no whipped cream mmmmm yummy.....

Well cricut I look forward to some laughs this coming year so feel free to share some. Linny my buddy here too has stories she shares and we enjoy.

I too lost my job 2 years ago and I am still looking. Hope 2012 takes a turn for the bettering everyone's life. Well enough of that...

Let me share something with you. Guess what I gave myself for Xmas ........ guess go ahead. I had a gold charm bracelet for about 20 years with about 30 charms. Never wore it because was afraid that I would lose it, so I had it put away. I decided to go to jewelry and selling it which I did . Wow got much more money then I expected. Anyone guess what I got........Apple Macbook Pro Yay!!!!!!!

featherrs
Governor
featherrs

Good morning ladies!!! Nice to see so many friendly faces again. I hope everyone has a fab day. Hugs to those who need them....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to featherrs

So good to see so many faces in the coffee shop. I love listening to how everyones days are going. Lots of hugs to those that need it. That's what we're here for. A cup of joe and a hug or two. Hello to the new comers also. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Girls, if you're going to sell your jewelry, now's the time to do it. Gold is really high. I've been selling mine for the past couple months and was floored at what I got for my pieces. The money has kept us afloat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today. It's gorgeous here. Sunny and in the 70's. You can't ask for more than that.

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to DKravec

Hi Debbie! Thanks for the invite to the coffee shop-I've already had my cup this morning so I'll have a large sweet tea for now please-peach if you have it!

Went to the old thread but it was about 3 months old! Was wondering where everyone was. Was able to keep up a little with Martica's Heritage challenge but so may new faces and talent. And of course I keep up with Donna Kay, just saw her a few weeks ago in Dallas for a little scrapping.

My youngest daughter Laura got in yesterday with my niece and we are getting ready to go get mani/pedi's (waiting on Laura to finish getting ready!) My other daughter and SIL and sister will be here tomorrow. I am so excited that everyone will be here for Christmas. The house is just bursting with the christmas spirit.

Hoping you all have a very Merry Christmas and that 2012 brings new jobs, new homes, good health and happiness.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-23-11 11:57 AM

*Peeks in as well* a Coffee shop? What are your hours? NM, they are posted, 24 hours suits my needs very well. I'm in need of a new home as well.

I'm in need of something hot. I think I'll a scoop of instant coffee, hot chocolate mix, 6oz hot water and a shot of peppermint mocha. (Since I'm not waking a sleeping baby to go to starbucks. Oh, I SHOULD be sleeping, you're quite right, I should. But I'm not. Nor am I doing laundry).

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Martica

WOOOOT! Yeah Martica! Welcome the Macbook Pro world! We like to give hugs You're gonna LOVE playing around with videos in iMovie and storing photos in iPhoto. And the Finder application is just so convenient and easy. I could go on for days Any questions about it let me know!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

thanks Deb for the invite to sit down and have coffee and chat with you all....

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps
In response to Euroalien

hello friends,
well i'm off and running to a christmas program at the church. Just wanted to stop in and say hello, and Merry Christmas to all my friends here. I might be online later on tonight.
cause i'm going out of town with my son and daughterlaw, & grandkids for christmas eve and the day after. so bye for now.
Love you all.

Edited by throwscraps on 12-23-11 02:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Euroalien

Hi ladies. So glad to see everyone finding their way around. Y'all do realize that this is a help yourself to the coffee/tea kinda shop. That's why we're open 24hours. We all run the place. Consider yourselves stock holders.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to DKravec

Hi there throws. We must have typed at the same time. Looking forward to chatting more later with you. Have fun at your church program.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to DKravec

Hi throws, let us know how the Christmas program went! Good to see you around

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 03:38 PM

My last day of work is over until January 3rd I picked up a "Snowflake Latte' " from Wegman's (grocery store) on my way home to give me a little energy boost to now begin wrapping presents...nope, haven't even started yet

I promised DH we would not wait until Christmas Eve to start because we (meaning he) ends up running to Walgreens at 10:00 pm to pick up another gift for one of the kids to even things out, because that's the only place still open Let's see if I make it tonight....

I have a 12 year old daughter and a 16, almost 17 (2 weeks away) son and am from Maryland, btw

So, how was everyone's day??

Hi E

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 03:41 PM
In response to Huskymom

Norma, I love having my family together for Christmas! It feels "right" to me.

Enjoy your mani/pedi! I'm desperately in need!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Huskymom

Hello my lovelies!!!! Sipping my iced coffee (decaf at this time). I made a chocolate cake and drizzled a bit of glaze on it...anyone like a piece???? It's great seeing old friends and making new ones!!!!

dh and I were also disappointed with the X-Factor results....we were Josh fans from the beginning. Hope his career takes off too.

Sitting here wondering why two packages that should have been delivered yesterday are "still our for delivery"....they have been in the truck 2 days now....I think I should buy my mailguy a gps!!!!! One package has Christmas presents for dh; the other, MORE IMPORTANT package is ponte knit pants for me to wear Christmas since I started celebrating prior to the holiday and my pants are tight!!!!!!

Really puts me in a jovial mood....shall we sing....
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

Edited by Linnny on 12-23-11 04:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 04:33 PM
In response to Linnny

Linny, I feel your pain! I am still waiting on at least 1 gift to be delivered...a canvas photo from Artscow that I ordered a month ago, and have no idea of it's shipping info (since it comes from China or somewhere like that!)...so frustrating!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Linnny

A partridge in a pear treeeeeeee.....

Well just had a piece of "torta negra" Black cake mmmmmm good... Its a chocolate cake made with wine and nuts its Columbian yummy......plus a cappuchino.....love it.

Well ladies all the gifts (not many) are wrapped...All is done. My oldest son with wife are here until Monday which is very nice. I am truly content.

Gosh no one coming by my table and I do want to leave a tip.....hehehe

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Huskymom

Thanks for the invite, Brat! Not a coffee drinker, but iced tea or diet pepsi & I'm all over it!

And, I thought "I" was having a bad year!! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger--you think???!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Did you here what happened to BestBuy customers after ordering 3 weeks before BB is informing customers that they ran out of products and there won't be any shipments going out. Now that is not good.....Where will they be able to get a gift a couple of days before Xmas....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Hey Susie.....how are you?

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Norma just noticed you there....Hello....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 04:59 PM
In response to Scrap Smart

• Scrap Smart Said:
Thanks for the invite, Brat! Not a coffee drinker, but iced tea or diet pepsi & I'm all over it!

And, I thought "I" was having a bad year!! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger--you think???!!

This is my life's motto

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

Yes its true.....Deb2

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Martica

Deb2, I've always admired those canvas photos...hope it gets to you safe and sound.

Need to go press my eve and day outfits....found pants that I can wear without closing off blood circulation totally.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Huskymom

Hi, right back at you!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-23-11 07:22 PM
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
My last day of work is over until January 3rd I picked up a "Snowflake Latte' " from Wegman's (grocery store) on my way home to give me a little energy boost to now begin wrapping presents...nope, haven't even started yet

I promised DH we would not wait until Christmas Eve to start because we (meaning he) ends up running to Walgreens at 10:00 pm to pick up another gift for one of the kids to even things out, because that's the only place still open Let's see if I make it tonight....

I have a 12 year old daughter and a 16, almost 17 (2 weeks away) son and am from Maryland, btw

Hi E

Deb, I doubt your kids really still count gifts, do they?

That's the only reason I don't want more than one. I HATE the he/she has more whatever ********. I take it away from BOTH when they pull that. But, as much as I can't image taking attention away from dd, I do believe she needs a brother or sister. We'll see.

Here's a thought-why don't you count BEFORE Christmas Eve? lol.

We're not wrapping this year. I can't believe I said that. I didn't wrap dd's, and I just don't have time or energy for it. Dh doesn't care. I figure it's just more mess to clean. lol. I'd rather spent time with dd. He already gave me my big gift, and honestly, there's nothing more I want.

Hi everyone, glad this place 24 hours, though I'm in bed by 9pm most nights. I being bad and staying up a few minutes late tonight. After dd was asleep, I made cookies (from the tube this year...but hey, I put them in the oven).

To introduce myself, I'm E. Long time sb member, though I currently don't scrap (no time or space), and I did mostly digital last year. I'm a spoiled only child, mother to 2 month dd, married to code monkey for some odd years. Before being a mother, I loved to garden and photography. I do hope to be able to do some planting this spring.

I hope everyone has a great eve of Christmas Eve and may tomorrow and Christmas be stressful and peaceful.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Hi Ladies...
What a wonderful surprise it was when I checked my email and saw a notice of a PM from Deb on this Chat. I love little spots like these for ladies to chat. I can just picture the decor in my head.
I have been out all day getting some last minute things done. I had to go pick up Tamales and I was just in time. They were getting really low on the home made ones. The grocery store was a made house. I was thinking that I was finally in for the weekend and ......
My hubby showed up at 8:00 after working over to make up for the days they are forced to take off without pay (or use vacation). He brought my 7 year old step son with him. I was not prepared to entertain SANTA this year. I already have all of his gifts wrapped and under the tree. Guess who is going out tonight and fight the crowd at Walmart......... Yes that would be me. Santa made a big showing last year at our house (also a last minute thing). He would not understand if the jolly fellow did not come down the chiminey and leave the same kind of loot.
I have been making things for the other kids but this little guy is a different story. Oh what life was like through the eyes of a 7 year old at Christmas.
HO HO HO!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-23-11 07:28 PM
In response to Lorna Lee

wow. shopping the night before, I don't envy that!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to ELynn

Evening everyone. I do believe it's going to be an all nighter for me. Made the mistake of laying down on the couch to watch a bit of tv at 6:30 and only just woke up at 10:30. May as well have the good coffee. I don't think it's going to matter tonight.

I have no gifts to wrap so all the stress if off this year. Also made christmas shopping so much easier. Didn't have to fight any crowds and I won't have to worry about any returns.

Good to see so many wonderful places. Oh and Martica. I would really appreciate a tip.

Stormydog
Diva
Stormydog
In response to DKravec

Hey girls, I can feel a panic coming on. I know there is something that I'm forgetting and Christmas I'll remember with no place to go get whatever I need!
Company is coming, food isn't cooked and house cleaning not done but where was I most of the day???? Yes making cards!...avoiding the real life!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to DKravec

I did the same thing, Deb! But I won't be up much longer; until my thyroid gets fixed I can't stay awake for very long. LOL earlier this week I got frustrated and drank two Amp energy drinks. With 32 oz. of that stuff in my stomach I was still sleepy! Although I did end up staying awake because I had to pee about a dozen times in an hour!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Stormydog

awww! heavy sigh!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 08:38 PM
In response to ELynn

• ELynn Said:
  • theboydbunch Said:

Hi E

Deb, I doubt your kids really still count gifts, do they?

No, E, my kids have NEVER counted gifts, but I do...I want them both to have close to the same, and we try to spend the same amount of money on each of them, which doesn't always make the number of gifts equal, if that makes sense. Zan has 4 less gifts than Annie right now, but we spent more money on him, so we're picking up a few gift cards for each of them tomorrow and calling it done...they are spoiled brats...we just spent 4 hours wrapping!!!
Why don't I count before Christmas Eve normally??? Because I do 99.9% of my shopping online and don't have the time nor the energy to even take the stuff out of the boxes they were shipped in until then I'm actually still waiting on at least 1 package in the mail for my sister...I honestly lose track of what I've ordered because I started shopping this year at the end of October, which is really early for me

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 08:46 PM
In response to Huskymom

I just realized I lost a diamond out of my anniversary band

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

Gosh shopping at Walmart ,one day before xmas eve are you kidding? I would go to my nearest supermarket and buy a bunch of gift cards.... Well my 2 sons were here at home enjoying some music and goofing off. I loved it. Its hard to get them together in one place at the same time these days. My oldest lives in Tallahassee and the youngest is sometimes working, so its great to see them together . Now mind you ladies that still have babies at home, my babies are 23 and 29 years old now....but they are still my babies.....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
:rant: I just realized I lost a diamond out of my anniversary band

Oh my that is not good....

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Martica

Up for 2 hours now it's time to go back to sleep

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Martica

Thanks for the invite!

We are more than ready for Christmas. Adelyn was/is spoiled beyond but we wanted that this year

I'm officially off of mat leave and now a permanent SAHM and am loving it. After a year off with the small one there was no way I was going back. Next small one will be in the works soon I hope. Plus building a new house. Next 2ish years are going to be CRAZY!

Just waiting for tomorrow now! I'm so excited for Ad's 1st Christmas!!!

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps
In response to Huskymom

Hi ladies the church program was awsome. not gonna be on here too long cause i have to go to bed soon, as i have to get up early cause i gotta take Danzig (my Dog) to Stacey's house so she can watch him for a few days while i'm out of town for the holidays.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to throwscraps

Just got back from Wal-mart. The wait in line to pay was worse than the crowds in the isles. About 40 minutes in line. The ladies in front of me seemed like old friends by the time we made it to the register. I think that I am ready now. I tried to order a jersey on line for my 19 yr old step son and it would not take, but they held my card for the amount twice. Once for the on-line try and once for the phone try. Now what since does that make??? My son (30 yr)just had to have major car repairs done. I am giving him a photo of a radiator and a starter wrapped up. Hubby and I will not exchange gifts this year. I got him some little things thou. I am ready for a shower and bed.
Katiemylady, I feel your pain. I take meds for my thyroid everyday. I have been on them for prob 15 yrs. Not only is your body tired all the time, but hair and nails are screwed up. Not to mention weight and emotional problems.
Theboydbunch,
Hope you have homeowners insurance to cover your diamond. I found one of mine that I lost one time weeks later on the carpet that had been vacuumed several times. Luck. Wishing some your way.
Merry Christmas Eve Ladies.
I will stop in for some tea and chat after some sleep. It is after midnight.

Edited by Lorna Lee on 12-23-11 10:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Lorna Lee

It doesn't matter what time I go to Wal-mart, the line is always bad! If I go too late they only have one register open, if I go during normal hours there are a lot more people You can't win lol.

Can't believe I didn't fall back asleep. I took a couple of pictures of our tree yesterday and I'm editing them now -- I hope to use them on a Christmas layout. I haven't made a LO since I started scrapping again, gotta work on that

Lorna, I've had the thyroid problem for just a little over 6 years. When I realized that the tremors I was getting in July went away when I ran out of my medicine, I decided to stop taking it and see how I felt. I didn't feel any symptoms of low hormone so I left it at that. I started feeling like I had mono several weeks ago and it only hit me last week that these are my hypothyroid symptoms -- felt the same way before it got diagnosed. It truly screws with every system in your body! It's crazy how such a small bit of hormone can make you feel like you're dying. I'm not having the blood test until Tuesday so I'm not sure how low it is, but it's low enough, I know that lol.

I saw a trick on Pinterest that might help Deb2...if you put panty hose/tights over the end of the hose on your vacuum (keep it taut with a rubber band), you can get the suction power without actually sucking up what you're looking for. So if you know where you might have lost it that could be worth trying.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Uh-oh, I knew it was too good to be true. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and pouf, 2 am I'm wide awake...so I figured I'd stop in the cafe and grab some warm milk.....

Deb, I do the same thing with my kiddos....I try to give them each the same amount of gifts and spend the same exact $$$. I feel guilty if one gets more than the other.... They certainly don't care what I give. I continue to spoil them (35 and 37 yrs old) and can't wait to be able to spoil my grandkiddos, if my sons ever decide on getting married and make me a happy nana!!!!!! Need to nudge them a lil more

Sorry about losing a diamond from your ring...bummer!!!

OK...should try to get some shut-eye. We are invited for Christmas Eve dinner at 2 pm! Kinda early....I like the eve celebrated in the ummm, EVE!!!!!

Edited by Linnny on 12-24-11 12:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to Linnny

Good morning!! Sounds like some of you are still busy with Christmas prep. I got all mine done before I got my infusion, which by the way has not started to alleviate my RA! I feel like the Tin Man. Could somebody grease my joints?! LOL!

Nothing much going on today. Tonight dh and I will open gifts like we normally do. Tomorrow my ds will come over with my grandaughter and we will open gifts again.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Scrappygal50

Aw Barbara I hate to hear you're dealing with RA! How long have you had it? What does the infusion involve? I don't know much about RA other than how painful and immobilizing it is. Gentle hugs, I'll be praying you get some relief!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Thanks Katie! I also have Lupus and a hypothyroid, but it's the RA that is kicking me in the behind here lately. For the infusion they put an IV in and I sit there for six hours while they monitor me. I hate the thought of sitting there again if it isn't going to work.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 06:03 AM

I don't think we put my ring on our homeowners policy I will do that right away since this is the 2nd diamond I've lost out of it in 6 months...I think the setting is getting a bit "old" and needs new prongs or something (it's 15 years old)

I actually should but all my jewelry on it, as i sit starting at my full Pandora bracelet that added up = lots of $ ....does everyone do this? I hadn't even thought of it!
thanks for the idea!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 06:04 AM
In response to Huskymom

Morning all

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 06:05 AM
In response to Huskymom

I have thyroid issues, too...I've been on Synthroid for 12 years

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Huskymom

Oh dear, Barbara, you're dealing with a lot! I had a lupus scare a few years ago but the first round of blood tests were normal. I'm also hypothyroid and have always taken Synthroid, too (the generic levothyroxine).

Those infusions don't sound fun. I know what you mean about going back when the first one didn't work. When my dad first hurt his back he had a total of 8 cortisone injections, not a single one helped. But they had to go through all of them before they'd consider surgery. It was actually leaving the doctor's office after the injection that he fell and nearly severed his spinal cord. If it weren't for those d*mn injections that didn't help at all he wouldn't be disabled like he is with the mobility and strength problems. He'd have no nerve damage, wouldn't need a cane to walk, wouldn't need a nerve stimulator implant in his hip, wouldn't experience such pain... He'd still be disabled from the Myelofibrosis but only in the sense that he can't work. To go through everything he's been through in the last 5 years and still have a positive attitude...it's unimaginable. My dad is certainly my hero! He's at the hospital with my mom right now getting antibiotic infusions for the staph infection they discovered on Thursday. It is one thing after another with him. But he keeps on going no matter what.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 06:58 AM

Barbara, what are the infusions of?

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

Good morning ladies here I am alone DH is at the gym and I am enjoying a cup of java and listening to Celine Dion sing Xmas music......She sings lie an angel.....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

I got really lucky since I had the kidney tumor I have had hypertension, well after they embolized the tumor it has been 3 weeks and my blood pressure is normal....No meds either also my lower back pains are gone too. Gosh never thought a tumor the size of a tangerine would cause so much havoc....oh not to worry ladies it was not cancerous....
Well enough of sickness lets share our blessings with each other...
What besides everything have you been blessed with this year? Please share.....

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper

It is amazing how fast everyone came back together after going our different ways. So happy everyone is here again, and welcome to the new faces!

I think back to the wild flurry of so many great swaps, and how I didn't realize how burned out I had become til it was all over and I took a breather. We sure did some fabulous things! It defined my days, and weeks and months. Now it is hard to get back into a scrapping groove with not a lot of direction. I am in a bad place because I feel there is nothing I really have to scrap about, nothing I really want to document over the last decades, What a terrible attitude I know.

We all need some fun and laughs in our lives, and this is just the place to come to. Great timing Deb on making the Coffee Shop!

Happy Christmas Eve to all, and hugs everyone!

Raising a cup of hot cocoa...

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Sorry for posting so much, I don't mean to hijack the thread. I don't leave our apartment very often and I have loads of free time so I get bored and come here

Anyway, since I was mentioning my dad, I wanted to upload this pic of him and me. This was in November when he was placed in the rehab facility for physical therapy. After changing his diabetes treatment at the hospital (he was there for extensive testing to find the source of an unknown infection -- after 4 days they determined he had no infection and that his fevers were related to another matter) he gained 40 pounds in water weight in one day...he retained so much water it literally started coming out the pores of his skin. I didn't know that was possible! So here he is, bloated beyond belief, with a genuine smile on his face -- just because my brother and I were there with him. His attitude is more than enviable. I love him so freaking much! When my sister got married and left home and our dachshund Alix suddenly got sick and passed away 3 days later, he started calling me "baby girl," which is what he called Alix -- my dad loved Alix so much he can't see a picture of her without quietly sobbing, and he can't talk about her except to make a joke about her waddling (she had broken her back twice and then went blind for no reason) or something funny like that without crying, hard. So "Baby Girl" got delegated to me as I'm the baby of the family. I have to admit, I actually like that pet name

My Dad and Me By Katiemylady

He gave me a huge hug when I left -- he gives the best hugs. When I'm crying for some reason or I'm not feeling well (especially in regards to depression) he'll give me a big, tight hug for as long as I want. Then he always asks me to sit with him for awhile, either watch t.v. with him or just talk to him, either one, until I feel better. I never realized until a few years ago that he loves me so, so much. Unconditionally. Nobody except my mom will ever love me as much as my dad does. I may be in debt up to my eyeballs but I am blessed with family, and that means much more to me than money.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:

It is a rituxan infusion. It's a chemo drug normally given to nonHodgkins lymphoma patients.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Ok, I am going to count my blessings like Martica said.

I am so lucky to be in as good of helath as I am. I amblessed with two wonderful sons, who on occassion try me to my limits, but really they are sweet loving men. I am blessed with a wonderful husband who is my rock and who truly treats me way better than I deserve. I am blessed with a beautiful grandaughter, who lights up my life. I am blessed with a truly wonderful MIL who also thinks I am way better than I am. I am blessed with a mother, which after many years apart we have made up. It's still strained a bit, but any little bit is progress, and I have to limit my time with her or I end up too upset. Lastly and most importantly I am blessed with a God who would let his son be born to give us all a chance to enter his kingdom.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning....a quick sip of my iced java...need to finish getting dressed.

So sorry to hear of the amount of pain and health problems you all are dealing with...sometimes it amazes me how we get through it all, but somehow we do.

dh did his Christmas shopping last night and he surprised me with this huge branch of a red berry tree. (I love this berry thingy) Didn't do the tree or decorations this year, so I found this huge vase I got at a wedding reception and in the tree went....looks pretty...he made my cry

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve ... guess we are gonna find out who was naughty or nice. In my house both are a positive!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Afternoon all. Hubby hogged the computer this morning so I stayed in bed until he finished. I love to enjoy my coffee with computer time.

I feel blessed to have you all in my life and to be visiting the coffee shop so that we can all chat again. I sure hope y'all hang around for a long time.

The only christmas preps that I have left is to pick up some food for tomorrows dinner. I envision the stores being very packed today. Thankfully we have a small grocery store right around the corner. Hopefully it won't be as crowded.

Have a very Merry Christmas Everyone

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Linnny

Hi ladies, I too have been blessed with many things like my beautiful family, which is my two handsome sons , awesome husband and a adorable grandson that even thow he is far away he is healthy and happy and well loved by us and his mom and her family and friends....I also am blessed with a strong and healthy mother that lives close to me. And of course I have many special friends here in SB.com and all over the world who I enjoy conversing and sharing all that we love.... So happy birthday to my Lord Jesus Christ, this is your day and I thank you for everything.....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 09:34 AM

• Kahlan Said:
  • theboydbunch Said:

It is a rituxan infusion. It's a chemo drug normally given to nonHodgkins lymphoma patients.

I know it well I am a Hodgkins' Disease survivor (11 years this past August) and was not on Rituxan, but are aware of it, since I am associated with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Association. Rough stuff

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to Huskymom

Congrats on beating cancer! My brother beat it also!! It's only been a few years for him but so far he is clear.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I too am grateful for all my friends here!!

Page 1 of 99 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics