Username Post: What scrap goodies did you get?        (Topic#1568217)
Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Ok what scrap goodies did everyone get? I didn't get any but I did get my pandora bracelet It has three charms my two granddaughters birthstones and a camera

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Sneezy1956

Congrats on the Pandora bracelet!

I got a Gypsy, a Cuttlebug, a mini sewing machine, 2 Cricut carts,and a giftcard for J's and Hobby Lobby. And I treated myself to some new copics the other day =)

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

My DH surprised me with a box that contained packages of brads, buttons and ribbons. I didn't ask for them, so I was quite surprised.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Luvmyfam

My boyfriend's sister was "Santa," and Santa brought me a whole bunch of embellishments. She has been the recipient of many of my cards, so she did a good job picking out stickers and stuff that I would like.

Also--I had an embarrassing moment. Before we got to our stockings, I was telling her about my problems finding a liquid adhesive that I like. She said she used glue sticks, and I told her I would never do that, and I told her why. Well, at the very bottom of my stocking, I see that Santa has given me a 4-pack of Elmer's glue sticks. What to say?!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to jaspernonyx

A few days before Christmas I met with a friend from an old job, who had a few days before that sent my husband a message asking for gift ideas for me. Apparently he mentioned some adhesives I like and other generic consumables I've been needing. Not only did she find for me both the ATG tape and the mounting squares I like, and the pigment ink pads my husband mentioned to her, she also got me a huge pack of solid color cardstock and three packages of ribbon.

From my in-laws, two Cricut cartridges, a set of new Cricut blades, and a pack of glue dots... don't think there was anything else scrappy from them. But lots of tasty cocoa mixes.

Christmas morning from my husband, some brads and ATG tape and more Cricut blades, and, from my wishlist here, some paper and stamps and my first set of Nestabilities and a couple packs of embellishments.

Still one more Christmas, next weekend, with my family up in Michigan.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to aquabunny

no scrappy goodness for me, but I did get a Kindle Touch (and there are still 2 more nights of Chanukah )

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to madmatter

I got a couple of page kits and cardstock from my daughter. Plus some heritage embellishments. She's trying to motivate me to work more on my heritage albums. lol

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to madmatter

Embossing folder forCuttlebug with dogbones and paws, Cricut cart, wireless mouse for computer, computer program for scrapbooking, sparkly chipboard letters, Slice carts, and the carrying handbag for Slice. My family all knows my hobby really well. (My 3 sisters are even scrappy experts)!

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I received a Zutter binding machine and a basket of embellishments

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Mishay36

GC's baby!

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to Mishay36

Ordered my self a few things before Christmas:

Cameo, Copic Markers, some paper, embellies.. etc

I'm debating if I wanna take advantage of the cricut sale..

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-26-11 06:23 AM
In response to love4scrappin85

For scrappy stuff I got a few new Copics, some Dover clip-art-on-CD books (love these for images for cards, and also converting to cutting files), some Dover kids stencil books that will actually be great masks for Glimmer Misting, and a little cash that will probably be spent on scrappy things. And I'm pretty sure there are a few more things because we had to travel to family this year so we have packages still at home to open - including a few from my scrappy girlfriends, so christmas will continue through this week at my house!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 12-26-11 06:39 AM

I got a new DSLR camera. I love it and my wonderful husband for buying it for me.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Lunie

awesome! enjoy it

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to madmatter

DH got me paper and ribbons, all wrapped up with.... paper and ribbons! So I got double the fun, and he got good laughs from the ladies in the SB store who were most impressed at him buying stuff for me. It was interesting to see paper chosen from a man's perspective.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to RedSquirrel UK

A Gypsy & 3 Cricut cartridges.

Tenant

Where did they find the dogbone/paws embossing folder? I really would like to find one for all my pet friends. Thanks.

Edited by korsstubbe on 12-26-11 07:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tenant
In response to korsstubbe

I got a Big Shot from hubbie and my stepdaughter found Old West Cricut cartridge which I've wanted for months.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I didn't expect much because I didn't ask for anything, or even hint for anything.

However, husband bought me a new laptop, as I have had problems with my old one but was going to eek out its last moment of life before replacing it.

Now I don't have to worry. I got the new one all set up - my son will be here from Atlanta with his wife and baby for New Years.

He is an IT guy for Yamaha and was a lead tech for CompUSA for 10 years - they actually sent him around the country fixing things the locals couldn't. He a hardware tech with an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) accreditation so he's the one I call when I yell help!

ANyway, he will get Norton from my old computer to the new, get IncrediMail moved for me (a pain), get Word installed and get Microsoft Picture Manager back for me. The new computer has Windows Live gallery which I don't like.

Other than that, its set up for business.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Henri Jean

I'd like to see the papers DH would buy for me lol

Veteran

My 2 daughters gave me a Cricut, a pad of paper, stickers& My husband gave me a M gift card.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to RockStar

I got a new lens for my Nikon D3100. I can't wait to try it out. Several gift cards but they are non-scrap related so I will be shopping for clothes and eating out while doing the shopping . DGS decided I needed a new bible and carrying case for it. I also go a new Kindle touch.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to prittb

Paper pads from Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz, cropodile big bite, self healing mat, cropper hopper vertical storage thingie, 5 new nestie sets, TH inks, liquid pearls, ATG refills, and the TH tattered florals die.

And about $150 to spend at Amazon since they completely mucked up my husband's order and only half of my stuff came. I told him he wasn't actually supposed to buy everything on my wish list, but he never listens. Gift card to M's, too.

Now I need a room to put it all in.

Expert
In response to kelseymel

I got the WRMK Magnetic cutting mat and a HL gift card...and lots of chocolate...that's a scrappy goodie right?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HuskerMom98

Okay - now I have to go fix a cup of hot chocolate. Its okay - first cup since I came home from the hospital, but now I HAVE to have some.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I bought myself a lot of stamps, embellies and paper. My inlaws got me a ton of stuff, but the scrappy thing was some page protectors that I wanted. My aunt got me this hole punch tool that I haven't really tried to figure out yet, some paper, and some embellies. I still haven't exchanged with a few people.

My BIL is a sweetie and got me the new copic case that I've been salivating over since it came out. Woo-hoo! I switched my markers over right away.

My gram got me a kindle and I am loving that thing!!! She gave it to me a little over a week ago and I've already read 4 books.

The best gift, though, was that my uncle came to our Christmas at my house this year. He has never done so, in all 9 years I've lived in this house. I visit them a lot, but he is introverted and a homebody, so he doesn't tend to go to others' homes too much. He pretty much went visiting with my aunt all weekend, which thrilled us all to death, even though the poor guy was so antsy by the end of it all. Being an introvert myself, I know how difficult it can be to have no alone time to re-energize, which makes it doubly special that he visited.

Edited by siameseplease on 12-26-11 01:54 PM. Reason for edit: to fix a spelling mistake

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to siameseplease

lace, atg tape, a label maker (huh??? DS thought I needed one), money (which I have already spent on six sets of dies), a gift certificate (I bought a ton of ribbon and embellies), stamps and inks, and plain white card stock for printing images and coloring with copics.

DH and I are getting eachother another mini-vaca at Disney World ALONE after we take the kids and grands in January.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to CommaHolly

$55 worth of GC's to HL and M's.

Not sure what I want/need yet. Gonna take inventory in my store....er...scraproom and choose carefully.

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to RockStar

My parents got me a great carrying bag for my cricut and my boyfriend got me a gypsy! I also got a great stack of cardstock, can't remember the brand, but has neat paper in it! gift cards for Pat Catans, Archivers and a LSS.

ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312
In response to RockStar

I got a Cricut haha i feel like ive been talkign about it all day.. from my boyfriend, tons of stamps, a cardstock book, 2 packs of flowers, and more emblishments i also treated myself to my first set of perfect pearls today as well.. they were on sale.. and ive been kinda wanting them, oh and i got a digital camra fomr by bf, and a kindle fire from my dad!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

My sister got the dog bone/paws embossing folder at a craft show in Las Vegas. I threw away the package with the company name but I will try to dig it out. It is so cute. Can you pm me and I can send you the company name.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

so much new scrappy goodness to play with ... I hope you all enjoy your new toys

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

My daughter got me a Charlie Brown christmas tree that plays music. My son always loved Charlie Brown Christmas. He had one too. I am going to scrap it right away. MY son & dh bought me a Nikon Coolpix plum camera which is about the size of my phone.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to anda11

Let's see...scrapbook pages and protectors, adhesive, a new 12 by 12 self healing mat, tinkerbell paperclips, a new "fancy" corner rounder, a tinkerbell decoration that will go in my "in progress" scrapbook room, a big box from SB.com full of my wishlist items. I haven't even opened the SB box yet because I want to savor every minute of it!! And best of all...my wonderful DH is helping me create a new scrapping space. We are working on taking off old border that is up. I am taking a break right now. Let's hear it for scrapbook goodies!!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 12-26-11 06:32 PM
In response to anda11

Pretty much everything I got was scrap stuff - lots of little things. Heat embosser, couple of zing embossing powders, two distress inks, two sets of nestabilities (banners and stars), about a dozen dies, two border punches (cupcakes and scrolls from EK success), six bottles of stickles, a versamark ink, a couple of other ink pads, four or five stamps, Fancy Pants to the moon paper pack, distresser, couple zig pens, a few zig glue pens, xyron x, new cutter and some replacement blades. There's probably a couple other things I'm forgetting - it was quite a haul! Can't wait to get into my scrap room and play with it.

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06
In response to Vintageivy

My bff got me a whole BOX of different cardstock & paper (I should be set for a very long time!) and parents got me gift cards to HL and Santa left Tim Holtz locket keys and TH grungeboard album.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to aschlegel06

Wow sounds like everyone made out I love the camera and lens gifts! I'm hunting for a good used 50 for my canon if anyone has one

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

DH let me get a black cricut expression and some carts. He ordered two gypsy silicone sleeves for me as well as the car charger and the gypsy carry case. I love it. He even got a carry case for my best friend. He's wonderful.

I had bought a lot of goodies on our trip to Ottawa last week at a friend's scrap store. So I guess that was $200 of goodies right there. I can't wait to use my new expression more.

I got to scrap with my best pal for 9 hours today. It was a blast.

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to PhotobearSam

watch that kindle touch.. I ordered one from amazon & my hubby looked up some information when it wasn't connecting to our wifi, apparently a lot of ppl have been having issues with the touches & their lagging speed as well as not connecting to wifi's!!

bj9268 
Resident
In response to love4scrappin85

I received 2 gift cards one from js and the other from Ms. Oh, I also received a tripod for my DSLR.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to bj9268

I got $50 cash, which I just spent at Hobby Lobby tonight. I got my first stickles, my first set of Nestabilities, some embossing folders and a neat border punch.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jaspernonyx

I got my first set of nesties about 6 or 9 months ago,,,,,,,

now I have 30 sets.

yeah, watch it,,,,,,addictive!

stephie
Idol
stephie

• CommaHolly Said:

now I have 30 sets.

So TRUE!!!!!!! BUt I love them don't you?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stephie

• stephie Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

now I have 30 sets.

So TRUE!!!!!!! BUt I love them don't you?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! I can't get enough of them! LOL

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to RockStar

my stocking had some adhesive, prima butterflies, and prima birds embellies...along with some hello kitty socks and a tiny snickers candy.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Do not leave your nesties unattended in a drawer! They multiply.

I need to think up a super handy but still attractive storage system for them.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kelseymel

I've tried several and the one that seems to work the best is this,,,,,

empty DVD cases,,,,,,,,I use magnetic tape for the inside and stick the dies to that,,,,

then I trim down the package they came in (the paper folder) and slide it into the front of the outside of the DVD case.

nothing else I've tried is as useful.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

That sounds very doable. Thanks, Holly!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kelseymel

Oh, that's a good idea. Right now mine (just the one set) are still attached to the card they came on, with about an inch cut off the top of the plastic clamshell and the folder slid into that, and the whole thing hanging on my Clip-It-Up. It's actually pretty workable but I fear the adhesive on the back of the folder won't last long - I've already torn it a bit.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to RockStar

I haven't got all my presents yet- but I did get lots! This was the best Christmas in a long time, for me. Everyone in my family seemed to be in a good mood- well, unless someone brought up my brother's on again/off again marriage to the meanest woman in America. Imagine a cross between an Ewok, with Jabba The Hutt's eyes and lips, and a Hobbit. That's her. And she's not pleasant to be around. Anyways, what was I talkin about?!

Oh yeahhh, Christmas- it was fun. And my Mom gave me some money in a card, and I went to an LSS today on my lunch break and spent it! I got a bunch of paper, from 7Gypsies paper tape, and the Tim Holtz 'Tattered Banners' and 'Mini-Rosettes' die. Which I've been wanting a long time. I have made a few without the rosette-die- but they just look so cool when done with his die. And seems like it'll be simpler. But I'd made a few out of kraft paper to go on a few of the presents I'd wrapped. And I don't mean to brag, but I wrapped some presents like a mo-fo. It was sad to see such a great wrapping job on ******** from the Dollar Tree, but that's life. ;-)

k

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
I haven't got all my presents yet- but I did get lots! This was the best Christmas in a long time, for me. Everyone in my family seemed to be in a good mood- well, unless someone brought up my brother's on again/off again marriage to the meanest woman in America. Imagine a cross between an Ewok, with Jabba The Hutt's eyes and lips, and a Hobbit. That's her. And she's not pleasant to be around. Anyways, what was I talkin about?!

Oh yeahhh, Christmas- it was fun. And my Mom gave me some money in a card, and I went to an LSS today on my lunch break and spent it! I got a bunch of paper, from 7Gypsies paper tape, and the Tim Holtz 'Tattered Banners' and 'Mini-Rosettes' die. Which I've been wanting a long time. I have made a few without the rosette-die- but they just look so cool when done with his die. And seems like it'll be simpler. But I'd made a few out of kraft paper to go on a few of the presents I'd wrapped. And I don't mean to brag, but I wrapped some presents like a mo-fo. It was sad to see such a great wrapping job on ******** from the Dollar Tree, but that's life. ;-)

k

Your brother is married to my neighbor?!!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to ellybug312

Well I purchased a few supplies for myself. Some Slice cards that were $9.99 @ M's, and 2 punches. I picked up some idea books. I didnt do much spending.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to kelseymel

this made me laugh!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to shygypsy

I was so excited to open up the new Graphic 45 tropical travelogue paper pack from DH-it was fabulous! Got some other little things, but my big presents from my parents were Harry Potter related-also ok by me!

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to MrsAnnieS

Bo Bunny!!!!!!!! and a We R Memory Keepers 3 ring album and refills!!! So exciting.

The hubby got me Coach... I

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to AmyK75

• AmyK75 Said:
Bo Bunny!!!!!!!! and a We R Memory Keepers 3 ring album and refills!!! So exciting.

The hubby got me Coach... I

Coach what?! Do tell! If it's a new handbag I want to see... I have a small obsession We have a new Coach outlet nearish here. I could live there lol!

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I got quite a few non scrappy items this year...money, ceramic tabletop christmas tree, metal wall art, lighted flower tree, picture frames, kitchen utensils, flameless candles, Oh and a new printer.

But the most exciting thing I got was a Pandigital Handheld Wand Scanner with Feeder Dock, and Preview Screen! Now I can easily and most importantly (quickly) scan all my Old Photos & documents in high resolution and save them from deteriorating any further (a project I have been working on for a while, but it was a pita with my old printer/scanner).

Even more exciting...it's also portable...so I can take it with me when we go to family reunions, or visit relatives, and I can scan their photo albums!!!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Love 2 Learn

I didn't get too much scrap stuff this year--I got the Project Life Clementine core kit, and a Smash Book. I have never tried either one of these products before so it should be fun to try new things. I bought myself the Fancy Pants St. Nick collection pack and a Fancy Pants Brag Book to make a Christmas album based loosely on the December Daily idea. I love reading what other people get for gifts!

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to luv2scrap:)

Kory, you crack me up (but, I think Ewoks are cute)!

Holly, how have you lived without a label maker???Mine is attached to my arm! (Compulsively organize much, do I?)

I was soooo spoiled. 2 Sizzix dies, an Anna Griffin stamp set, 3 Nesties sets, 7 Viva Decor Pearl Pens, the McGill File tab punch I've been wanting, 2 Martha PATP sets, the upper tier for my Clip It Up, a Corner Chomper, another year of CK mag, "Creative Spaces 2011" by CK, "Love your Handwriting" by Heidi Swapp, "My Creative Companion" by Becky Higgins, & a sweatshirt that reads, "Scrapbooking is a work of heart."

And, my DH wanted to "make it a wonderful holiday," (I've been sick for the last 3 weeks, blech), so he surprised me with a diamond necklace that looks just like my favorite teddy bear. I almost cried, it was so sweet.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to GemGirl

I'm so jealous of those that got cameras/lens'....I want a new camera so badly!
I did get a whole lot of scrapping stuff, though. I got to order a whole bunch of stuff from scrapbook.com (2 orders but both arriving after Christmas) and one order from my LSS....
Tons of paper, embossing powder, bling, a couple dies, a couple albums and refill pages....
Can't wait to use it all!
Alison

ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312
In response to kiyawinn

everyones talking about nestablies can someone tell me how you use them and what they are?!

Lydgranger
Resident
Lydgranger

Cricut expressions 2 Anniversary,ATG gunand two Cricut carts(got on black Friday) but since I have a December BDay my hubby said to put them under the tree. When you're born in December the gifts tend to be combined and serve as double duty.

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to Lydgranger

I opened a BIG SHOT! Very Excited I received quite a bit, a couple of new dies, inks, embellies, paper...and more! LOVE it all!!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to designguyKORY

Hemmmmm Kory didn't know your brother was married to my ex mother in law.

Wow I can't believe all of the goodies everyone got! Hope you all enjoy them.

BTW, Nesties are dies that cut shapes I use them on all of my cards

Edited by Sneezy1956 on 12-30-11 06:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to ellybug312

I don't have any of them but will soon when the box comes in. Since you live here in SC maybe we can learn together how to use them.

Toni

CountrynCrafty
Veteran
CountrynCrafty
In response to bj9268

Hubby gave me $100 to HL so I picked up some different craft items I have been wanting: Canvas, Shrinky Dinks (2 kinds), a adhesive spot stamper, vinyl & vinyl backing for my cricut, bells & denim for some stockings & Christmas tree skirt I'm going to make, & my first ever bottle of mod podge (actually 3: gloss, matte, & sealer), also was able to get a bunch of western decor & Christmas decor 50% off!

He also bought me some western (button up long sleeve) shirts & tees,a new western belt, a Montana West (CAMO!) purse, a holder for my cell,a Harley Davidson braclet, a cake pop maker, a george foreman, a kitchenaid stand mixer, & a mini-cupcake maker.
He bought himself an "airless" painter, a PS3 (plus games & movies), and a new flat screen, & a Keurig coffee machine.

Kids got all KINDS of toys and clothes

DH did very much spoil our lil family of 4 (and spent a ton on other people's gifts as well), but it was all with money that we had been saving esp for Christmas...most of the year we don't splurge, in fact I was still using preg clothes ROFL! And in case you were wondering, my DH & I don't get gifts from any of our families, only our kids....but we both recieved PJ's this year (suprisingly lol).

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to RockStar

Had Christmas with my parents and siblings over the weekend. More scrap stuff ensued:

- Stampin' Up "Just My Type" set
- Some clock stamps and a few other stamps
- Baseball paper, title, and embellishments
- Washington DC embellishments
- Letter stickers
- Making Memories tool kit!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Expert
In response to RockStar

I kinda got them for myself, but I got a few Spellbinders dies, and my daughter got me Teresa Collins Sophisticated cart for my cricut. My mind is reeling with the possibilities. We just got home from visiting relatives for the holidays and we are very tired. It will have to wait till the weekend.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to RockStar

Expression 2
10 drawer Cropper Hopper

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to SoonerT

We ( DH and I ) don't ever exchange gifts, but for some reason he handed me $500 to get an iPad that I have been wanting!
Not technically scrap stuff but I use it to go on SB.com!!

Sharyn01
Tenant
Sharyn01

I got the Martha Stewart Scoring Board, some blank cards with envies, some clear stamp sets and a new 4x6 stamp block. I also got some earrings and a new storage card for my phone, since 90% of my pics are taken with it. And a new engagement ring, since due to finances I had to sell mine.

Veteran
In response to Sharyn01

I rec'd a $50 gc to HL from DH and kids, a $25 gc from my brother to Joann, a 3 drawer paper organizer from SIL and other brother and with cash from dad and FIL, I bought a rolling organizer crate (not the exact one in the picture but similar). I also bought some Christmas paper packs and embellishments that were on clearance.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to jeniferdwn

nothing specifically scrap related, but i did get $200 which is going straight towards making a scrap area. just got the prices for plywood today... and i can afford about 2/3 of it... lol. A piece at a time i guess.

miss becky
Idol
miss becky
In response to Rushli

My best scrapping friend got $180 gift voucher to our local scrapbook shop. I got to go with her while she spent it

Veteran
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
nothing specifically scrap related, but i did get $200 which is going straight towards making a scrap area. just got the prices for plywood today... and i can afford about 2/3 of it... lol. A piece at a time i guess.

That sounds like fun! hope you get it set up just like you want it!!!

$180!!!! WOW

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics