Page 1 of 29 
Username Post: Volume Scrapping Challenge 2012 - FULL and ready to scrap!        (Topic#1568259)
janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Greetings and welcome to the 2012 Volume Scrapping Challenge!

We are FULL and scrapping away!!!

Here's the challenge:

1. State how many layouts OR cards OR mini-albums OR whatever you want to get done this year. PICK ONLY ONE!!!! You decide what you want to accomplish and what counts towards your goal.
2. Report monthly how many you have done AND your total count for the year. You must check in at least monthly so I know to keep you active.
3. Update your signature regularly (at least monthly) with how you are doing towards your goal.
Example: 50/100 layouts - 50%
4. (If desired) Post your layouts/cards/albums/proj ects for us to leave love on.
5. Please try to leave some love on other's projects. It is not necessary to leave love on EVERY item posted, but as much as you can would be great as we all enjoy getting comments from one another.

We're on the honor system here. I'm not requiring EVERY layout is uploaded or a special album or anything like that. As long as you're enjoying your scrapping and working towards your goal, we're all winners anyway!

========================= ===============

Monthly end percentage goals:

January 8.3%
February 16.7%
March 25%
April 33.3%
May 41.7%
June 50%
July 58.3%
August 66.7%
September 75%
October 83.3%
November 91.7%
December 100%

Let's have fun scrapping in 2012!

* For the sake of the "volume" and potential quantity of work posted here, I am limiting the number of participants to 20 or so...

Edited by janet28rn on 01-01-12 05:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to janet28rn

Participants for 2012

NAME= goal met!!!!
At goal percentages:
January:
February:
March:
April:
May:
June:
July:
August:
September:
October/November:

1. Janet28rn: 90/100 layouts
2. AK TeddyBear: 148/170 layouts
3. NewSnow0518: 55/75 layouts
4. Claggy: 41/60 layouts
5. Miller.Melissa.09: 17/300 layouts
6. Faithscrapper: 66/100 layouts
7. Ncyankee: 20/150 layouts
8. AnnaC: 113/100 layouts
9. Bbscraps: 1/100 layouts
10. Scrapbook Queen: 98/100 layouts
11. Mwendt7: 25/100 layouts
12. SonjaC: 64/100 layouts
13. Abk32276: 4/100 layouts
14. J-M: 357/366 layouts
15. Senora X: 21/250 layouts
16. Chile chicken: 131/100 layouts
17. Henri Jean: 392/300 layouts
18. Under5feet: 28/75 layouts
19. Amancuso: 39/150 layouts
20. TeriScraps: 2/100 layouts
21. Smsinger75: 41/100 layouts
22. DaNel Hicks: 174/250 layouts
23. SparkleGirl: 17/120 layouts
24. Ladybing Tammy: 177/100 layouts
25. Miss CA: 41/150 layouts
26. Kdinsmore: 15/50 layouts
FULL and scrapping away...

Edited by janet28rn on 12-18-12 03:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to janet28rn

me please! So I wanna make sure I'm understanding this.. last year we did like 75 lo's and 10 cards.. this year we are only focusing on 1 thing, like lo's OR cards?

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to NewSnow0518

Kelly-sounds that way to me too!

Janet-I would love to hang out here again this year! WOW, one year gone by *snap* like that! Marking to faves.

miller.melissa.09
Expert
miller.melissa.09
In response to Claggy

I stalked this challenge this year, and would love to join up for next year. I'm thinking aroud 300 LOs would need to be my goal. I have 17 month old twin boys and would like to try to catch up on their books in 2012!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to miller.melissa.09

I'm in!! 100 LOs. Thanks for continuing this, i'm really looking forward to it and to making some great scrappy friends!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Faithscrapper

me me me -- I feel mojo returning (well at least sometime in 2012!).

Put me down for 150 lo's

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to ncyankee

I would like to join this challenge for 2012. I did over a 100 layouts last year not including my Project Life (which is not quite finished yet) so I am going to set my goal at 100 for 2012. I have signed up for a photography class in January so that will interfer with my scrappy time some.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to Anna C

i would like to do this if there is room,last year was not a good scrappy year for me,but i hope 2012 is better,i will try for 100 layouts,i hope to do more but we will see,thanks,bonnie

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to bbscraps

I would love to try this again!! I am on Mat Leave until Aug and have tons of awesome baby pics!!!

My track record for the last two years hasn't been great so let's set a goal for 100 lo's!!!!!

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I would like to participate in this. I hope with a goal it will keep me motivate me to scrapbook more in 2012. I would like to set my goal at a 100 LO's. I have never really kept count of what I do over the course of a year so it should be fun to see

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to mwendt7

Hi Janet,
I stalked this challenge a bit over the summer and was hoping it would come around again for '12! If you still have space, I would love to give this one a shot for 2012!
Let's see... I did 87 LOs this year, I'm betting I can get to 100! (I think it'll help that I will be off for 3-4 months beginning in June when my first baby is due... though this could prove to be my downfall, I know I'll have LOTS of photos to scrap one way or another! )
Looking forward to joining and hitting the ground running! *stretching* And getting my creative mojo back!

abk32276
Expert
abk32276
In response to SonjaC

I would like to join in. Now that the new year is upon me I need to dive back into my scrappy life. I am going to try for 100 layouts.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 12-27-11 03:46 PM
In response to abk32276

I'd like to play, if there's still room? My goal is 366 layouts - I'm trying to do something scrappy every day for the year

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to J-M

I would love in again! this really helped me stay on track last year and I exceeded my goal! I'm going to set my goal at 275 layouts this year!

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to senora_x

okay, lots of ladies in for this year!! This is a great challenge!!

I will go ahead and set me goal for layouts only and we'll do 75 lo's again. I was soooo close this year!

Sonja, I didn't know you were preggo!! Congrats!!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

YIPPEE!! I was starting to think no one saw this yesterday... then I return tonight will all sorts of signups.

I think I have everyone updated on the first page. Let me know if I messed something up, please.
Looks like 100 is the lucky number for this year

Kelly: You got it. Last year it was confusing (kind of) with multiple "goals". Trying to simplify things for all of us
Nancy: Love to see you again here.
Melissa: Glad to have you!
Paula: You made it here! Yay!
Eileen: So happy to see you here.
Anna: Hooray for another familiar face.
Bonnie: This could be your year!
Scrapbook Queen: What a wonderful maternity leave. Enjoy!!
Melissa: 100 layouts (like so many of us)... you can do it!
Sonja: Congrats on the upcoming arrival!
Amy: Welcome!
J-M: What a goal! You can do it...
Senora: So glad to have you back. Loved seeing your work in 2011.

Edited by janet28rn on 12-27-11 06:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to janet28rn

I would love to join this group! I am expecting my second child in July and so I need to do a pregnancy album and also get my son's 2nd year album up to date, as well as our family album. Please put me down for 100 layouts as well!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to chile_chicken

thanks Janet! This is going to be such a great motivator!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 12-28-11 05:44 AM

Woot, woot! This is going to be fun. I currently have six months of pics to catch up on - hoping I can tuck in this winter and get some pages done. All the scrappy toys I got for Christmas should be a good motivator.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to J-M

Congrats SonjaC! I didn't realize you were expecting. I have missed seeing you and your layouts over at VLB.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to J-M

Thank you for the congrats Kelly, Anna and Janet!

I didn't exactly tell everyone right away so that's why you didn't know! We actually have known since late November, but wanted to keep it quiet until I was out of the 1st trimester. We told our parents on Christmas day (see my altered frame for how!) so now we're going public about it. Still doesn't seem real, but I'm sure it will as I get bigger!

I've missed being on here and participating in these challenges! Hoping this one will motivate me to use my new Gypsy as well as the dozens of scrappy items I haven't even opened since the fatigue and lack of motivation set in at the end of October!

Anywho, can't wait to see everyone's work and get some inspiration!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-28-11 12:49 PM
In response to J-M

Janet: You rock! Thanks for pencilling me in. I am going to increase this year to 170 layouts. I still have three cruises (with a fourth around the corner) and two drawer file cabinet. Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm so glad to see some old faces and some new. Let's make this our best year ever.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-28-11 12:53 PM
In response to AK Teddy Bear

Janet: Can you please put Henri Jean on the list? She wants to be in and can't get to a computer right now. She will give you her stats soon. Thanks.

Hope I'm not sounding bossy. I'm just super excited to start again!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Terri: I'm pretty laid back. On here at least... when it comes to "real life" (I am myself on here but you know what I mean) and work and marriage and my kiddo, that's another story Anyway, got your friend added.

Chile chicken: WELCOME!

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to janet28rn

this is going to be a great group!! Can't wait to see all the awesome lo's and projects coming this way!!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to janet28rn

Is it too late to join in? I am really slow, so I would be challenging myself to do 75!

Corky

Edited by under5feet on 12-29-11 08:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to under5feet

Hi - I'm Henri. Thank you for allowing me to join your group. I'm a total blank as to how many to commit to.

I'm going to say 300 pages because I don't know what we will do this year that will give me a lot of things to scrap. My husband wants to travel more this year which gives me less scrap time, but more pages to scrap.

I scrap very differently than anyone else. I work on 6-8 pages at a time. I get the papers, pictures, momentos, cardstock and lay them out roughly like I want it and take a photo. Then I put them in a file with a copy of what it is supposed to look like.

Then when I go to a crop - usually 2-3 a month, I do all the mats and glue and completion. I don't have to think - I can visit and enjoy the crops.

So if I don't go to a crop for a month, then nothing gets completed, then when I go, it adds up quickly.

Sometimes I have 70-80 pages ready to complete. Its a strange way to scrap but I lov eit. Right now I have 8 pages spread out and am choosing papers and things - journaling is already done for each of them. In fact the journaling is even matted down. But final assembly won't be until I get to a crop.

I'm letting you all know that so if you see that I haven't posted that I've completed layouts, I probably have a ton of them just waiting to glue and one day my number will go way up. (I have at least 35-40 now ready to glue. But my number won't go up steadily - it will be in spurts. I hope that is okay. I am scrapping. Just not completely as I go.

Wierd way to scrap but it works for me.

Happy to meet everyone! Thank you for having me. This will be great and will help to keep me focused!

Thanks Terri for asking for me to be added to the list! In the next few days I should be back on the computer more regularly. And the new computer should be flying well by the end of the weekend and this one can be put aside to finish dying in peace. This old computer has been a good friend, but it is taking its last few breaths. New one for Christmas was just in time.

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to Henri Jean

If there is still room I'd love to sign up! I see a lot of familiar faces here! My goal for 2012 is 150 pages!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to amancuso

Wow Henri! I'm totally impressed with your different style of scrapping! Nothing wrong with a new perspective at all! Wish I could go to 2-3 crops a month! I'm going to try for at least one a month and maybe adopt some of your methods! I'm lucky if I finish 2 pages in one 5-hour crop! So even 6-8 seems unreal to me!

Glad to have you on here! This is going to be a fun group!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to SonjaC

Corky: There's still room! Nice to meet you.

Henri: I say whatever works for you! No need for explanations. Can't wait to see your work. (I do uncompleted pages all the time, but don't "count" them as finished until the photos are in place)

Ashley: Another familiar face... hooray!

This is going to be a great group! I love the enthusiasm already.

TeriScraps
Governor
TeriScraps
In response to J-M

I would like to join, if I don't set a goal and keep track of progress, I don't feel like I get as much done! I'm going for 100 LO's for the year.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to TeriScraps

Teri: You're number 20 and we're full!!

Although I am pretty good at math, I'd like to thank everyone who picked 100 layouts for making the calculations easy this year (HAHA)

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to janet28rn

Hi everyone!

Henri,I say whatever works for you! I often start layouts and then don't have just the right photos or embellies and often set the layout aside until I do. And like Janet, I don't count them until they are actually finished. I actually have several two page layouts worked up, but do not have any photos for them yet.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year and I look forward to seeing all of your layouts in the new year!

Happy New Year!

Edited by Anna C on 12-30-11 05:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to janet28rn

I know you already have 20 participants. But I plan on challenging myself to 100 layouts this year. Especially since I only completed 10 in 2011.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

So interesting to hear how you put your pages together! You will be fun to watch. Corky

amancuso
Diva
amancuso

Sonja! I don't believe I said congratulations yet! So CONGRATULATIONS!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

Hi ladies!! This is going to be a fun group!! Congratualtions Sonja!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I don't count them until they are completed either. Just wanted to say my numbers don't go up consistently. They may be low and one day shoot up a bunch and that is why.

I love going to crops but I hate coming home with just a few pages done. Since I pay to go to crops, I put a lot of pressure on my self to come home with layouts to show show for the time.

This way, no pressure, I just mat, glue, occasionally make Slice letters and put them together. Acutally finished 18 layouts in one day at a crop becuase they were ready to go with some adhesive.

We are leaving for Hawaii on January 18th so I hope I find a crop or two before then. If not everything will be in a holding pattern until we get home February 13th.

I think I have around 35 ready to mat and glue! So they are not counted until I get out the cutter and the ATG and finish them.

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518

well I am gonna set up my scrappy space tonight and I cannot wait to get started this year!! What's everyone doing this weekend?

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

Kelly, we moved in November so I'm setting up my scrappy space, too!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Heri-You and Eileen should scrap together. It would be like a marathon crop! She is the fastest I've seen in action and she talks up a storm as well.
***Love You Eileen!***

Sonja-Congratulations! How fun to be having your very first baby. So excited for you!!!

Janet-I'm a whimp and I'm saying 60 LOs because I didn't make my goal for 2011. That's 5 per month. That's the best I can aim for this time around.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My son, his wife and new baby are visiting from Georgia. Mostly I think I'm cooking and loving the time with the baby. Nice quiet weekend.

How about you?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Gonna be a busy today here but I hope to ge some scrappy time in tomorrow and Monday. And I hope to get my Project Life for 2011 finished up too.

Edited by Anna C on 12-31-11 03:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to J-M

I've been so busy this week I did not get to see the sign ups for this challenge. I saw it for last year and wanted to sign up for this year.

It must have filled up fast.

I may follow along and lurk this post this year.

I myself will be doing about 250 layouts if all goes according to plan. (more would be fun)

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 12-31-11 05:09 AM
In response to DaNel Hicks

Happy New Year's Eve ladies! Anyone working on anything this weekend? I started a mini Christmas album last night and I'm hoping to get it finished today or tomorrow. My mom always said to do what you hope to do all year on New Year's Eve, so I'm going to scrap! lol With a brief stop for Chinese food with DH after the kiddo is asleep.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

• AK Teddy Bear Said:
Janet: Can you please put Henri Jean on the list? She wants to be in and can't get to a computer right now. She will give you her stats soon. Thanks.

Hope I'm not sounding bossy. I'm just super excited to start again!

Yippee!! Henri & Terri

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to J-M

Morning --

Wow its so much fun to see so many friends and new faces.

Janet -- isn't it funny when a thread you start has slow signups. I feel a little "hurt" at first. But sure isn't the case here! Looks like a great group.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

Oh & sonja -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! What fabulous news.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to ncyankee

Jci, hope to get scraproom straightened up today and get a couple things done,but we will see, hope everyone has a great day and congratulations Sonja

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to bbscraps

Cleaning and cooking for a small group of friends coming over tonite. I made cakeballs (first time ever) 3 different kinds and are they YUMMY! I always seem to take on too much when it comes to parties, but all the prep work is done so it should be fun and relaxing.

Get ready 2012-here we come!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Claggy

Sonja, Congratulations!

Henri, I love your style of scrapping! I should do that! I have tried something simliar and it worked out well!

Hope everyone is having a great New Year's Eve! We've all been battling bad colds/sinuses so I'm taking it easy and relaxing at home! My goal is to clean up my scrap space so I'll be inspired to scrap tomorrow!

Miss CA
Mayor
Miss CA
In response to senora_x

Wow! This site is busy! I'd love to join if I'm not too late. My goal is 150 LO's.

I've been having a wonderful Christmas holiday. Lots of family around and lots of spoiling for my new little man.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-31-11 02:54 PM
In response to Miss CA

Happy New Year to Everyone!

Congratulations Sonja!

Hey Charity! How's the little guy doing?

Eileen. You can run but you can't hide from us!

I'm working!!!

Take care everyone!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

On the East coast we are about 6 hours away from the new year! I'm working on two pages - at least getting them ready to take to a crop. Then I start getting Russia ready. Cancun and the general sea days pages before Russia are ready to finish.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to Anna C

Well it is the first of January here in New Zealand, and I have done my first layout today! This is my son wearing his big brother t-shirt, as we announced our second pregnancy on the Christmas Day just been. I hope it is OK to start posting layouts! The journalling tells the whole story if you want to take a closer look.

A Christmas to Remember By Chile_chicken

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Left love for you in your gallery Chili. Where in New Zealand do you live? In 2010 we visited Wellesley, Dunedin, Christchurch, and somewhere else but I'm drawing a blank. We loved it! I want to go back. Christchurch had already been rattled a bit by earthquakes but everything was pretty much intact. We spent hours in the big church in Christchurch. Just weeks after we left another series of quakes came through and did severe damage. I think some may have been killed in that beautiful church. I know that the earthquakes after we left left a lot of devastation. I'm so sorry the lovely people of New Zealand have gone through so much loss with all the earthquakes.

When we were in that part of the world a few months ago we did not get to see New Zealand again but we went back to Australia and saw 4 or 5 more places in Australia.

Anyway... Happy New Year everyone! My son and his wife and baby are going to Univeral studio today so I have the day to scrap!!!!!

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps

happy new year ladies

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to bbscraps

Happy New Year!

Sparklegirl
Idol
Sparklegirl
In response to Claggy

Love this challenge! I never get into it on the right day though...always too late! Can we play motivational??? If there isn't any room to play with the group?? I really need to get organized and set some goals for this year! You guys always inspire me to try new things!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to Sparklegirl

Happy New Year ladies!

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to amancuso

Good morning ladies!! I did nothing scrappy last night liked planned.. played with my boys all night so it was a great trade off! However today, I have given full permission to scrap the day away!! Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-01-12 10:24 AM

Happy New Year Everyone! I think Chili was the first to celebrate and I was the last.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-01-12 10:27 AM

Dah! I just realized this year we have two who are having a baby - Sonja and Chile. How fun!

P.S. You can't catch the condition from the computer can you?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hope every one had a great New Years!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 01-01-12 11:17 AM
In response to Anna C

Hey ladies, happy new year! I'm powering through my mini Christmas album today and hoping to finish it up by bedtime

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Claggy

happy New Year, ladies!!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken

HI ladies!

I am in Christchurch Henri Jean. So yes, we have been pretty shaken up this year. My husband's workplace was demolished but our house is still standing. We were actually jolted awake this morning at 6:45am by a fairly large aftershock. But life goes on! If you are interested, I have a whole scrapbook in my gallery about the earthquakes, including pictures such as the Christchurch Cathedral. Luckily, no-one ended up in the cathedral at the time of the earthquake so there were no injuries or worse from its collapse.

How did everyone celebrate the New Year? I had terrible morning sickness all day so I watched a movie until 11:30 with some potato chips and chocolate, and then headed off to bed.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• AK Teddy Bear Said:
Dah! I just realized this year we have two who are having a baby - Sonja and Chile. How fun!

P.S. You can't catch the condition from the computer can you?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

looks like I missed out on sign up this year - but I won't get a whole lot done again this year I am sure. Still I will check in periodically to say hi if that is okay! Miss you all but hope you all have an incredible 2012!

miller.melissa.09
Expert
miller.melissa.09
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Happy New Year! My husband and I went to his co-worker's wedding reception last night. It was very interesting. I just started to work on cleaning/organizing my craft closet, and am hoping to finish up by the end of the day. We have lived in our house for almost 2 years, and I finally managed to unpack enough boxes that I was able to claim a closet for all my craft stuff. Just a few more boxes and then I'll post photos!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to miller.melissa.09

Happy New Year everyone. Went to older son Victor's house for his annual New Years party. Ate too much, only had 1 beer and a little bit of sparkly to toast the new year. We played a new game called "Loaded Questions", laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Game gives you lots of ways to say stupid funny things. Ten kids and nine adults!! We celebrated with silly string, noise makers and poppers and really trashed my son's yard!! Now I am ready to get to work scrapping. Corky

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 01-01-12 04:58 PM

Spent the last two days scrapping and finished my Christmas mini - have to wait for better light to get pics though - and did some layouts of our beach trip from the summer. Here they are:
At the ocean's edge By J-M
summer paradise By J-M
Enjoy life By J-M
To the beach By J-M
Our fish By J-M

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to J-M

Happy 2012, ladies!

Scrap away, and post away (I see some of you are already, and that's fine!!!)

We may have a few more members joining the group, so please welcome them as well. I just need to keep the numbers manageable but hate to limit some gals who want to scrap their hearts out!

Sparklegirl
Idol
Sparklegirl
In response to janet28rn

I'm going to shoot for 100 LO's just to make the math easy for you!!

Thank you for allowing me to join again!!

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to Sparklegirl

Happy New Year to All!! I started scrapping yesterday at about 8pm and I am just coming up for air now.(other than a couple hours of sleep. I finished some of my projects for swaps. I did manage to get one layout done. It is a christmas layout with pictures of my nephews.

Congratulations on the two expecting moms to be!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to mwendt7

Melissa: Love your embellishments! Is there any way for you to link your layouts through the gallery so we can comment directly there? (If you need instructions, let me know)

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to mwendt7

This group is sounding so great! I am so happy that I found this group and this challenge! Thank you again for letting me join. I hope to post some layouts tomorrow. Have to run to Walgreens and pick up pics that I had printed. I am so excited! My daughter has also started and has finished 2 pages in her first album. :-) Congrats to the new mommies!! Happy New Year to everyone! Looking forward to a great 2012!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to smsinger75

thanks so much Janet for expanding for us. My goal is going to be 100 layouts and 25 cards. Now to go leave some love.

So sorry Chile to here about the earthquake. They are so scary and I have only experienced two itty bitty ones.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Tammy: This year we are just picking ONE item (card or layouts) for our goals. It makes tracking easier. Let me know which you'd like

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to mwendt7

• mwendt7 Said:
Happy New Year to All!! I started scrapping yesterday at about 8pm and I am just coming up for air now.(other than a couple hours of sleep. I finished some of my projects for swaps. I did manage to get one layout done. It is a christmas layout with pictures of my nephews.

Congratulations on the two expecting moms to be!

Melissa this is adorable! I love the belt buckle you made and your nephews are so sweet!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Terri - you can't catch it on the computer. You get it from drinking the same water!

Chile - would love to see your Christchurch books. It is such a beautiful place - I can't even imagine the devastation.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken

Henri Jean- here is the link to the start of my album:

Canterbury earthquakes Book Cover By Chile_chicken

Melissa, I love your Christmas layout!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Chile-I experienced my very first earthquake a couple of months ago. It was small in comparison and the damage was limited with a few minor injuries. Bless you all.

Melissa-Your LO is too cute! Love how all the elements pop! Looking forward to leaving some love on it in your gallery.

Tammy-I had fun hanging out in your gallery and seeing that romantic LO of you with the new hubby! I wish you tons of happiness! Did your son make it to the celebration? And Miss Bella is growing up too fast!! Major big hugs!!!!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Claggy

Thanks for posting that Chile - we are going to bed now but tomorrow I want to take time to really go though it. We loved Christchurch so much, I really want to see it.

We met two really nice young men on the last cruise a few months ago who also got on in Seattle and cruised to Russia, Asia and Australia with us for the full 49 days. However, they got visas or whatever they needed to live in New Zealand so they flew from Sydney to Wellington which will be thier new home.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Melissa, your layout is really nice. Love the patterned paper and the consistency of using it on everything - really pretty.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

ah Nancy my sweet friend - I have missed you! No my son never made it and thank you for the kind wishes - we hope to be together permanently in the same country early this year!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
ah Nancy my sweet friend - I have missed you! No my son never made it and thank you for the kind wishes - we hope to be together permanently in the same country early this year!

WHICH country is that going to be? I'm such a nosy gal!

Miss CA
Mayor
Miss CA
In response to Claggy

Terri - the little man is doing really good. He's a hungry little porker and so I don't have much time for much of anything yet but he'll settle down really soon I hope. Then I'll get my house clean and some much needed relaxing and scrapbooking done.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Miss CA

Good morning girls!

The wind is blowing something awful here today with snow on the way. We've been lucky so far and haven't had much snow yet.

Chile, I am in Virginia and we had a small earthquake back in the fall. No damager here but it was felt by many.

Melissa, love your Christmas layout.

Hi Tammy!

I hope to get some scrappy time today. Have a great day ladies.

Edited by Anna C on 01-02-12 10:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Miss CA

Nancy - England - Manchester area

Charity - congrats on baby Dominic!

Hi Anna!

Chile - your earthquake album left me speechless.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 01-02-12 05:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps

jci,going back to leave some love now

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bbscraps

Chili, I went through your Earthquake scrapbook and you have documented it beautifully! You really did a wonderful job.

Such a sad and frightening subject - I was surprised how familiar everything looked to me. I know it was awful but you really brought it home and personalized it.

When we were there the first earthquake had been a few weeks before. We were walking on the street and there was a news crew interviewing someone. The man with the microphone called us over and introduced us to the man he was interviewing. Apparantly the man had been drinking in one of the pubs heavily that night and walked home - he was in front of a block of two-story buildings when everything started falling. He was too drunk to know and fell under debris - he was found covered in blocks where he had been hit.

Amazingly he survived with only a few broken ribs (think that was all). The news person was doing a documentary and wanted my husband and me to ask questions to the man.

Where were you standing when you felt the earthquake, were you injured, how long were you under the rubble? Those kinds of questions.

They were right across the street so the buidling would be seen in the background. Seems one of the buildings was a bookstore but I'm not sure about that. It looked like the block in your layouts - the one called "R R Sport" - so it had to have been that block or one very close to it.

My husband has been to Christchurch several times and had gone to the top of the spires of the cathedral on an earlier trip.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 01-02-12 07:18 AM

Morning ladies! Windy here today as well - but super warm, 10C and raining - unheard of in Nova Scotia this time of year! No snow at all - hope it stays away, but the temps are going to drop later this week. Just had a call from my son's friend asking for a play date, so I'm going to get him ready to go - and that means I have a free afternoon to scrap! Woot, woot! Can't believe vacation is over tomorrow and it's back to work time, though

Chile, amazing album. I love what you did with such a terrible subject.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to J-M

Jenn - where in Nova Scotia - I was just there for Christmas - a little place called Mount Uniacke.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Got 6 pages done yesterday except for final touches and glue. Its in the box for a crop.

Got 5 done today - just need to match papers and mostly it will be cardstock. That means Petropavlovsk is almost ready to pack up for the next crop along with all of Cancun and the general onboard the ship stuff.

I think I have a sea day to crop then go into the second port in Russia.

So much to scrap but I'm enjoying reliving my last vacation again.

amancuso
Diva
amancuso

Just popping in to say hello!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to amancuso

Thanks to those who cheked out my earthquake album. it was very emotional to document but I am glad I did at. My son is two so is just starting to notice all the aftershocks, and so I wanted to have something to show him in ten years that would give him an idea of our personal experiences.

My husband's shop was just two doors down from R&R sport Henri Jean, it was one of the badly damaged areas and I am so thankful that my husband made it out safely.

I hope to do some scrapping today- I am starting up a photo a day challenge so there is 52 pages right there! Took some pictures today of my son using his plastic tool kit to "help" my husband unscrew the computer, it was very cute!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

jci

Page 1 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics