Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #252 - Make New Friends but keep the old        (Topic#1568497)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.
And we miss some of our old friends too!!!!

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

so one person PM'd me and asked where the thread was. Thought I'd start this new one and see if any of the gang shows up. Fun meeting new people, but also miss the old.

I personally hope to be scrapping a whole lot more in the coming weeks now that my studio is done. Pics are in the gallery if ya wanna see. Got a floor model Clip-It-Up for Christmas, so I have been sorting my stuff and pulling it out of drawers and getting it out where I can see that I have toooooooo much stuff, so I need to get busy.

Anyone else?

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to leebla

Morning Eliabeth. I'm Monique. Mind if I join in?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Monique_McCoy

not at all! Welcome Monique.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Good morning! Things have finally slowed down for me now that Christmas is over. My sewing machine died and my Grandma gave me a portable one that she never uses so I'm going to be getting rid of mine and the table it's in so I can have room for more cubes. It'll be nice to have more places to put things.

I've got a head cold, I may try to haul my butt off the couch and go down to my craft room and make some valentines day cards to try and sell on my Etsy. There's a little shop in my town's downtown area that sells handmade things. I think I'm going to see if they will take my cards.

Your craft room looks awesome Elizabeth, I'm glad you got it finished!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DesiLee

Hi guys. Life is still busy. We had a total of 17 people at Christmas dinner. It went off really well. We're discussing doing it again next year. We fixed the ceiling in the dinning room before Christmas and all I have to do is paint.

I need to get my butt moving and make some cards. I have a guy who wants me to make him 24 Christmas cards and he wants 2 designs of 12 each. I have some ideas but I need printer ink first. Isn't that always the way.

School starts in 2 weeks. I'm really nervous, I haven't been on a campus for classes in years. I have 9 classes yet to take and I'm done. 2 classes this semester. I'd like to be done by 2013 so might do some summer classes too.

That's about all that's going on with me at the moment.

Welcome Monique.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to foltzy

Happy New Year everyone!

Enjoyed a few days with Abby and Jolene before Christmas.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to NMlady

awww, what a cute pic. They're so sweet when they're asleep.

thanks for the welcome, Liz and Elizabeth.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new years!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hi ladies. My head cold has progressed into a sinus infection I think. I feel horrible this morning. I want to practice coloring with my new copics, but I can't be bothered to go downstairs and print some digi stamps lol.

Welcome Monique!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to DesiLee

Joy - Jolene is so cute!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DesiLee

Happy New Year!

Well I need to update my goals list for this year, and I need to rearrange some stuff in my room so that I can get a system going for some serious scrapping.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Joy she's so precious!

Desi, boo for colds and sinus infections.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to leebla

feel better, Desi. Hope everyone had a safe New Years.

I got 75% done w/ a layout tonight and realized I was one picture short...(insert angry word), hopefully I can finish it tomorrow. LOL

Edited by rubymillerand on 01-01-12 07:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Thank you, I'm feeling a little better today. I remembered to turn on my humidifier and I think that helped. I slept better than I have in a few days.

Back to work today D: It's going to be a long slow day I bet.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DesiLee

I have no idea why I'm awake in the middle of the night again, but I thought I'd check in.
Hope you're feeling better Desi.

I hate when that happens Monique.

I hope school goes well for you Liz. I don't find a full time job soon, I might have to consider some retraining or something. Yeesh.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Liz - sending you some good job hunting vibes! I hope you find something soon

I'm feeling a bit better. I can almost breathe through my nose so that's a good sign. I'm sleeping easier too :D.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to DesiLee

Elizabeth, what field are you looking at? Wishing you the best of luck in your search.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

the cold's on its way out! I'm still pretty congested, but able to breathe through my nose :D.

I hope to get in my craft room this weekend. I don't have any plans besides going to the Amish market with my friend on Saturday morning. I want to make some valentines day cards. I can't really do any layouts because I need ink for my printer and I can't get that until I get paid.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DesiLee

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to NMlady

Hello ladies... contrary to popular belief I have not fallen off the face of the Earth. Haven't been scrapping though, I need to get to the studio and get some pages done.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

I went over and looked at your blog. You don't live too far from me, I'm over in Clearwater. Are you going to the Achieva crop next month?

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hi!

I haven't gotten much scrapping done lately either. I need new ink for my printer so I can print some photos.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to DesiLee

Apparently I don't scrapbook anymore. I only buy stuff.

Need to haul myself into my scraproom and start using my ever expanding stash.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to corrie fan

I think I'm falling into that boat too Jane. I did make a valentine's day card yesterday. I gotta put a sentiment on the front of it and then I'll get a pic.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DesiLee

I just don't have any place to set up my supplies yet. Was going to work on that soon but now money has to go elsewhere.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to NMlady

hope everyone is having a great weekend.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Hi! May I join this awesome sounding group?

Ausra

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to scrappnmom2il

Hi and welcome. Where are you from?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

Orland Park, Illinois (southwest suburb of Chicago).

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hello! Welcome here. We're not quite as active as we used to be, but we'd love new people to chat with

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to DesiLee

Hey strangers!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to KellyLeigh

Kelly, it's great to see you. I was thinking of you the other day, wondering if you had finished school and what you were up to.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to NMlady

Hi ladies! Are we still around?! I need you guys to help me keep my mojo! I haven't been scrapping too much lately.

What's everyone been up to? I'm 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow! So close. I can see the finish line.
Not much else happening. DS started potty training himself lol. Good timing on that one.
Hubby's been working insane overtime. But we're hanging in there.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to bcblondie

Susy, I'm so glad you're nearing the end of the pregnancy. Can't wait to "meet" your baby.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to NMlady

Thanks Joy! What's new and exciting with you? I had a really hard time making myself scrapbook before I had an official scrap station.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to bcblondie

Yay Susy! How exciting that you're so close!
Joy - How's the grandbaby? I bet she's getting big!

I haven't been on the net very much this week. I scratched my cornea in my left eye (something got between my contact and my eye) so I've been MIA for almost a week now D:. Much better today though, still a little blurry but it doesn't hurt anymore.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to DesiLee

Feel better Desi. I tried contacts once and hated it, but I loved buying dollar store sunglasses!

Good luck w/ the new baby coming, Suzy.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Thanks ladies.

Desi that sounds really painful!

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to bcblondie

Wow! Haven't been here in quite sometime and it looks to me like no one else has either. What happened to everyone?

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Scrap Chica

Dunno! They disapeared! I have a bridal shower to go to tonight so I should maybe make a card. Although I have quite teh stash to choose from anyways....

38 weeks pregnant now! Just waitin.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to bcblondie

Hi ladies!

I'm feeling much better now. It was pretty painful. I'm happy to be able to see again :D.

I made a page about my Maine trip Sunday night. I'll have to get a pic of it to load.

Yay Susy! I bet you can't wait to meet your baby!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to DesiLee

Hi Ladies!

I completely forgot about this thread. I deeply apologize. I have now marked it so I wouldn't forget. Beautiful, windy day here in the suburbs of Chicago. Going into the scrapping area tonight after I get home from work. Need to get organized for a crop on Friday and a 3 day scrapmania at the e3nd of the month.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Oh, we're still around? hooray!

I had my baby! It's a girl! Rachel Amber, born Feb 29th, (leap day!) at 3pm, 7lbs 15 oz. Super speedy 2 hour labour.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/40487 7_1...

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to bcblondie

• bcblondie Said:

I had my baby! It's a girl! Rachel Amber, born Feb 29th, (leap day!) at 3pm, 7lbs 15 oz. Super speedy 2 hour labour.

Congratulations! A girl! I love the name Rachel Amber. 2 hour labor. You are lucky!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Thank you! It all went very well. Whos the baby in your pic?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to bcblondie

The baby in my picture is my cousin. Our family has been truly blessed. Since April 2011, we have had 4 boys born into our family. Evan, the baby in the picture is the only one who lives nearby. The rest live out of state, so I haven't met them yet. I get to spoil this little pumpkin. I get to see him every week and hold him and smooch him and... love him to pieces.

We have a grandniece on the way in June. Another out of towner. Argh!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Aww that's so great that it's raining babies around you. Too bad most are far away though. I cant stop snuggling my munchkin.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to bcblondie

I miss those days when I got to snuggle with my two. Now ds is 16 and dd will be 14 at the end of the month. I get hugs and once in a while when they want something, I may get a snuggle for a minute. Cherish every minute with your precious little one.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Aw, and here's me getting all upset because her cord stump fell off lol.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to bcblondie

• bcblondie Said:

what a cutie! Congrats Suzy!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Awe Susy, she's adorable! Congratulations!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hello ladies I know i haven't been on here in forever. Let's see what's been going on in my life Keke is still doing great better then great can't believe she will be three in august we are planning a trip to disney for next year for her birthday. Other then that just been working how has everyone been doing.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to bcblondie

• bcblondie Said:

She is a cutie.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Hey ladies. I just wanted to pop in quick and update. Rachel's been in the Childrens hospital since sunday (the 18th) afternoon. She's having these weird episodes where she chokes and can't seem to breathe. Upon being hooked up to monitors we see she's a periodic breather. Usually she'll skip a few breaths, then her heartrate slows to about 80, and then her oxygen saturation drops to the 70s or 80s. Doing all kinds of tests but no answers yet. Main suspect for now is reflux but it's really only mild and probably not hte cause of all this.
I'll keep you all posted.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to bcblondie

Your baby will be in my prayers. I know we haven't met but i use to be on here all the time. Plz keep up updated.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to babigirl

Susy, keeping you and your sweet bebe in my thoughts.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to NMlady

awww, I hope she's better soon.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hello ladies just stopping by to say hi. I hope all is well.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to babigirl

Awe Susy, how scary D:. I pray that everything is okay with Rachel.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to bcblondie

• bcblondie Said:
Hey ladies. I just wanted to pop in quick and update. Rachel's been in the Childrens hospital since sunday (the 18th) afternoon. She's having these weird episodes where she chokes and can't seem to breathe. Upon being hooked up to monitors we see she's a periodic breather. Usually she'll skip a few breaths, then her heartrate slows to about 80, and then her oxygen saturation drops to the 70s or 80s. Doing all kinds of tests but no answers yet. Main suspect for now is reflux but it's really only mild and probably not hte cause of all this.
I'll keep you all posted.

Susy,

I haven't been on this thread in forever it seems.

She is a cutie - hope you have good news to update us with.

{{Hugs}}

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

hi jane remember me

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to babigirl

Of course I do. Keke is getting old - can't believe how much time has gone by.

Where are working these days? Scrapping much? how is everyone?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Yes keke will be three in august yes times does fly. I am working at a prison. No not scarapping much trying to get back into it

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to babigirl

Yikes. I thought you were military.

I have been scrapping but only a little. I am assembling an album this weekend - tons of pages but not in the album. Putting them in order (the pics are from 2006 so my brain is working hard at placing them in order).

Have a Happy Easter if you celebrate it. If not, enjoy Sunday.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

I am but I am in the National Guard so its only part time.

Happy Easter to u to

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to babigirl

So I am not senile after all. lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• corrie fan Said:
So I am not senile after all. lol

No you are not senile

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Hi ladies. I tried to update yesterday but I accidentally clicked and ad and lost my whole post.

Rachel and I were discharged from hospital on tuesday the 3rd. (so we were there 2 weeks and 2 days.) They discovered that her breathings issues were a "central apnea" which means the center of the brain that controls breathing is underdeveloped. They put her on caffeine and immediately the episodes stopped. The plan is to remain on that for 4 to 5 weeks, wean off, and then repeat the sleep study to see how she's doing without it.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers while we were in the hospital. It means a lot. I hope you've all been well.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to bcblondie

Poor little thing.

I'll be thinking of you.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Will still be praying for you and Rachel taht everything is ok I know this has got to be a rough time.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to babigirl

THanks ladies.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to bcblondie

I'm glad she's doing better Susy, I hope the next sleep study comes back normal

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to DesiLee

Thanks. How are you ladies doing? Today was pretty nice out. We met a whole group of friends at the park, came home and played outside a bit, then hubby came home and we had d inner, and now DS is napping, DD is laying on hubby. And I'm having a night cap!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

Oh, and I took DS to walmart for new shoes lol. Exciting.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to bcblondie

I've been busy and exhausted lately. We've had two new girls come in at work and then one day one stopped showing up and a couple weeks later the other one stopped showing up. I've got classes and school work and I can't wait until May, when class is over and DH and I are going on vacation

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to DesiLee

What?! How do you just not come in to work, and not tell anyone?
Thank goodness for a vaca soon. I could use one!

Rachel's almost 7 weeks now and she's been so incredibly colicky i the evening, I swear it's the caffeine. I called the hospital again and they said we co uld stop the caffeine early and bump up the sleep study to see how she does. I hope she's ok because this SUCKS.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to bcblondie

I know, and she was 30 she should have known better!

I hope Rachel feels better soon, I bet it is the caffeine.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to DesiLee

A lot of people don't have good work ethics - and the sad thing is that it doesn't seem to affect their job prospects when it should. Grrrr.

But if I was a ******** employee, I could not go to bed with a clear conscience.

Hi everyone.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hi Jane!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to DesiLee

Hi ladies.
What's up?
Rachel has definitely had some better nights now, off the caffeine. Today she had another sleep study to confirm she's ok without it and she is.

Check this out.
http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-hobbies -crafts...
Really nice lot. I see primas and you pretty much can't find those in manitoba, but 200 is a lot of money. What would you offer?

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

hi girl .... so what have I missed

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Tink-Hildur

Wow! So much! It's been a LOOONG time lol.
My baby girl will be 6 months on the 29th. She has just started eating solid food and loves it.
My son is 3.75, getting bigger all the time. Loves his train tracks. Crazy crazy.

Ive been taking a facebook break and thus, generally offline more than usual. It's been about 2.5 weeks. And it's been good for me.

Hardly done any scrapbooking. Though yesterday I made a busy-bag matching game using my cricut and stamps for my son's friend's party.

What's new with you?!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to bcblondie

not much .... just at home like usual .... not taking any classes this semester .... and just trying to relax .... hoping that in the end it will work ....

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Tink-Hildur

Relaxing is awesome! Hope you feel refreshed.

I forgot to say, we got a Scrapbook Cottage in our city, just opened a couple weeks ago. I am STOKED. I went there last month just to check the place out, had no money to spend. It's all gorgeous, prima style stuff. Really high end fancy floral stuff. I'm in love. If they were closer to my house I'd apply to work there. Ha.
Anywho. Finally a new month and new "allowance" to blow. Spent it all there. lol. I got a couple sheets of paper, 2 packs of prima flowers, normal and haloween themed brads, 2 embossing folders... ahhh love. Cant wait to go back lol.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to bcblondie

Hello ladies.... I'm back. Been dealing with depression, kicking it's butt so I never have to deal with that again I hope. I'm back up in my studio now printing pictures so I can start scrapbooking again. I see a few new faces, and dear friends who I have missed. It's so good to be back. Hopefully I can catch up on what's been going on here.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Hey Kimberly. I'm so sorry you've been struggling. Hopefully the scrapbooking will be good therepy.

Nothing to report here. Kids just wearing me out today. Hubby came home, put baby to bed and took son to the park. Huzzuh! Break for mommy.

Edited by bcblondie on 09-10-12 11:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to bcblondie

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to BlingQueenRia

Ria how r u

Edited by babigirl on 12-18-12 06:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to babigirl

Hey ladies! Been a while again! But we're all still back eventually.

I have news. We bought a house! It all happened really fast. Id actually kind of given up finding what we wanted within our price range. But then bam. Perfect place.

We swooped it up and then still had to sell our place. It sold in 8 days, and less than 2 weeks later we were into our new house! I love it!

Best things i like about it? (must haves for moving at all) are the big basement (playspace for winter!) big backyard, front attached garage. Becuase lets be honest. It's too cold out to leave your car outside and try buckle 2 kids in lol.

2 major bonuses of the place is the kitchen happened to be large as well, and there's a spare bedroom. Guess what that room is. My very own SCRAPBOOK ROOM!! So very stoked. Because I have 2 cats and 2 kids that get into everything. Now I can leave my sewing machine and all my projects out how I left them, lock the door and come back later.
SO happy! I will post pictures soon. All my craft stuff is still in boxes as I currently dont get 2 mins when both kids are sleeping. Sigh.

Anywho. In other news. DS turned 4 on the 14th. (also my neighbour has a 4 yr old. How awesome is that?)
Rachel is almost 10 months. That just flew by... Her first word was cat! And I think she's gonna walk soon..

what's new with you guys?!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

Hi all. Been many many many moons since I've been in VCW. Well hopefully I'll be back more now that my little guy is only 15 days away! Counting down my days lol but while I'm home and he's not here I wanted to start (and hopefully finish) my pregnancy scrapbook.

So I've drug everything out and going through it to see what I've got and what I need.

Should be a lot of fun

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics