Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: January Budget Challenge        (Topic#1568555)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Well here we are again in a new year 2012! We have been in this journey, some of us, for quite sometime together but always welcome new friends to the challenge!

We're here to TRY to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of that you want to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must TRY to buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post.

We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

TAMMY
Budget: $50-$4=$46-$35=$9-$62=BUSTED

Wish List: Riley Stamp, [strike]Girlie Christmas Papers and matching embellies, Stuff to make a Valentines Card for my honey
Twist: No Stamps other than Riley!

Kelly
Budget: $50-$3=$47-$6=$41-$8=$33- $17=16
Wish: Valentine GM, Jenni Bowlin tab punch
Twist: Flowers, Buttons, and Bling

Tina
Budget: $40-$20=$20-$25 (BUSTED)
Wishlist: class at A's (no Cricut club this month)
anything I can't live without
Twist: NO paper,ribbon, or buttons

Alissa
BUDGET: $10
WISH: stamps, tombow markers, extended cuttlebug mats
TWIST: ribbon/lace, brads, rub ons, alphas, PAPER, punches

Vivian
Budget: $50-$13=$37
Want List: Dark Brown CS, Xyron refills, Craft Spot Stamps OR Peachy Keen Stamps
Twist: none cause she shouldn't be spending if she ain't a scrapping!!! (but we love her anyway)

Shayla
Budget: $50-1=$49-$21=$28-$10=$18 -$12=$6
Wishlist:Christmas embellies, basketball embellies, Adhesive for atg, any embellies needed for current scrap pages or projects, BG oxford
Twist: no flowers, no pp besides BG oxford!

Courtney
Budget $100-$28=$72-$42=$30-$56= BUSTED
Wish List: Scraps of Darkness Kit, viva pearl pens, glimmer mist, Stamps, chipboard
Twist: NO PAPER (besides what comes in my kit), Buttons, Ribbon

Jennifer
Budget: $200-$65.87=$134.13-$14=$120
Wish List: page protectors, blue and orange cardstock, stickers, alphas
Twist: ribbon

Sonja
BUDGET: $80-8.83=$71.17-$9.99=$61-$58-$2(SOD)=$1
WISHLIST: SOD kit, 12x12 album, 12x12 page protector refills, clear stamp storage binder, Storage items
TWIST: NO PAPER (except what's in the kit), INK, or STAMPS!!

Katie
Budget: $90-34=$56-20 = $36+5 =$41-$4=$37
Wishlist:
Stuff for SIL's album(s)- album, pps, embellies, adhesive letters. $40
Friend's gift: pps, embellies, binding device, pg protectors, photo printing fees $20.
For me: Slice cartridges $30.
Twist: Stuff that isn't on sale or not bought with a coupon.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 01-30-12 05:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cricut OCD
Governor
Cricut OCD
In response to Ladybing Tammy

This is to funny! My problem is I've already over spent my budget for the month and it's only Jan 1st! And did I buy over 10 items....yep!

Have fun and Happy New Year!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Cricut OCD

I'm in. I'm really cutting back on supply purchases this year (that's what I keep telling myself anyway), so I'm going to need some time to think about my budget and list.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

I really need to use things up so won't be spending as much either.
My budget is $40.
Wishlist: class at A's (no Cricut club this month)
anything I can't live without
Twist: NO paper,ribbon, or buttons

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Cricut OCD

• Cricut OCD Said:
This is to funny! My problem is I've already over spent my budget for the month and it's only Jan 1st! And did I buy over 10 items....yep!

Have fun and Happy New Year!

ah but you can always play along - this goes month to month and Happy New Year - hope you have fun with all your new goodies! But tell us about them - we love to live vicariously through other's purchases!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Hey Kelly and Tina!

Kelly - I am so torn about joining SU or not - just not sure - I sent an email to the English support and asked them if I can transfer my membership from Canada to UK so that will probably be the deciding factor so if the answer is NO then I will be changing my budget for sure.

Tina - have fun at your A's class!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

I'm cutting back, too.

BUDGET: $10
WISH: stamps, tombow markers, extended cuttlebug mats
TWIST: ribbon/lace, brads, rub ons, alphas, PAPER, punches

Good thing my birthday is coming up and I'll be able to use some gift cards

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to runzalot81

Alissa honey - don't take this the wrong way but are you missing a zero on that budget with that wish list?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Nope. It's seriously 10 bucks and hopefully won't even spend that. I have money left from xmas and money coming on my birthday so surely... 10 dollars is doable... right? Watch me bust.

The PLAN is to not even spend that 10 dollars so next month I'll have 20...

I have so. much. stuff.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

okie dokie - I get it! I too have so much stuff but there is so much I want to do - my thinking is if I sign up for Stampin Up (now or when I move), if I don't find a real job right away at least I can do that and maybe make a little money - right?

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

I'm going to tag along with this but won't be shopping/scrapping much cause it's all slowly getting packed for the big move.

Budget: $50
Want List: Dark Brown CS, Xyron refills, Craft Spot Stamps OR Peachy Keen Stamps
Twist: If I can't scrap I shouldn't be spending money anyway!!!! LOL

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Vivian Lake

hey ladies my wishlist is the same as last month.. I failed to spend any money on scrap items last month.. and besides those carts on black friday nothing for two months.. smh it's because I haven't been scrapping I hope it will change!

Wishlist:Christmas embellies, basketball embellies, Adhesive for atg, any embellies needed for current scrap pages or projects, BG oxford

Twist: no flowers, no pp besides BG oxford!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to ShaylaCreations

Hey ladies...so glad to be back with my favorite bunch of budgeters/enablers LOL

Budget $100
Wish List: Scraps of Darkness Kit, viva pearl pens, glimmer mist, Stamps, chipboard
Twist: NO PAPER (besides what comes in my kit), Buttons, Ribbon

I thnk this may be doable!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

welcome back my friends!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Well, I tried to bust already without even giving my info, but F2F was so out, so my budget was saved. I really wanted those Valentine GMs.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Kelly Kelly Kelly - the glimmer mist gods are not on your side this week I am afraid! Technically is it busting if you haven't even provided your budget yet? Hmmm not sure.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

is there a January Banana Goal?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

yes Vivian - I'll get the link and post it here

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Here you go Vivian!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15685...

Bootses
New Kid On the Block
Bootses

Happy New Year, everybody!

Would love to squeeze in if there's still room.

Budget: $200
Wish List: page protectors, blue and orange cardstock, stickers, alphas
Twist: ribbon

Plan is to head out to Ms tomorrow...curious to see what might slip into my basket.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Bootses

there is always room Bootses! Welcome!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

okay I want Bootses budget (especially right after Christmas)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well I have to change my budget since I got word from SU that demoship is not transferable across countries (silly if you ask me really).

So now it will be:
Wish List: Riley Stamp, Girlie Christmas Papers and matching embellies, Stuff to make a Valentines Card for my honey
Twist: No Stamps other than Riley!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Bootses

2011 was the year of excess, and 2012 is going to be the year self restraint. **fingers crossed**

Wish: Valentine GM, Jenni Bowlin tab punch
Twist: Flowers, Buttons, and Bling

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

*cheers* to self restraint!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I'm in again (of course!) I think we'll all be living vicariously through Bootses' budget this month! If you need help spending that $200, just let me know!

Kelly - here here on the self restraint!

Alissa! $10 Really?! I'm impressed!

I too am cutting back. Last year was building my collection... this year is finding a way to organize and store it!

This will be my last month with SOD for a while (I think). I hate to part with such a wonderful kit club, but I have not even opened the last three months' kits so am having a hard time justifying the purchase to my dh. And, to quote Alissa, I have so. much. stuff!!! Need to focus on using said stuff first! Aaaaand towards the end of the month we'll be moving to our bigger apartment in preparation for baby sooo my oodles of stuff will get boxed up for a little while! *sob*

That said, here's my budget for January:
BUDGET: $80
WISHLIST: SOD kit, 12x12 album, 12x12 page protector refills, clear stamp storage binder, Storage items
TWIST: NO PAPER (except what's in the kit), INK, or STAMPS!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Glad to see you Sonja! Are scrapping your pregnancy journey?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thanks Tammy! And thank you for hosting!

I haven't really started thinking about scrapping my pregnancy journey. I'm sure I could scrap the two different ultrasounds I've gotten and I'm sure I'll start scrapping my growing belly, once it stops looking more like extreme gas!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

lmao - oh gosh I had a mouthful of tea when I read that last post - good thing my nose is so dang stuffed up nothing could get through it!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I'm sorry Tammy!!! (But I'm still giggling here...)
Afraid that's really the truth of it though, I still don't feel pregnant! Glad you got a good chuckle out of it!

BTW, cross off my 12x12 album and $8.83... I ordered an album off Amazon today with some books I wanted to get!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

OHHHH EMMM GEE!!! Sonja CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!!! YAYYYY so happy for you!!

I totally understand having to give up your SOD kits, that was the first thing to go when i left my job! I am totally cracking up at the gas comment too LMAO!! you crack me up! Now you are going to have so many amazing memories to scrap!

I will not be getting my next SOD kit until February...need to catch up on bills from christmas! this is the first year in a really long time that we used credit cards for christmas...SOOOO now that I have a full time job, and need to pay for Christmas LOL

I cannot wait to get my first paycheck though so I can go do some major shopping!! I am lucky enough to be designing for Scraputante so I get those kits free!! but they still have stuff in their store that i wants to buy LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I forgot I had two Groupons left for All My Memories. That's $60 worth of stuff I have to buy before January 12th. I'm struggling to find stuff to use it on, I don't really need anything.

Sonja, yay for the bigger apartment; but boo on having to pack up all of your supplies. It's going to be so sad to lock them all up in a box.

Courtney, how are you liking your new job?

Tammy, that SU policy is stupid. I love SU products, and thought about becoming a rep, but I'm pretty sure I'd end up buying more than I sold.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Kamananui

Hey ladies! I'm back in this month. My goal is to check in more than once a week, and not blow the budget. Any guesses as to how long that will last? I have a couple of projects going on, and have different wishlists for each project. Is that something I can do? How do gift cards work into the budget too?

Wishlist:
Stuff for SIL's album(s)- album, pps, embellies, adhesive letters. $40

Friend's gift: pps, embellies, binding device, pg protectors, photo printing fees $20.

For me: Slice cartridges $30.

Twist: Stuff that isn't on sale or not bought with a coupon.

Bootses
New Kid On the Block
Bootses
In response to kdinsmore

Tammy - Thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry that SU is silly and you can't transfer membership. Sounds like someone devised this rule in order to make more money.

Kelly - Greatly admire and wish for your willpower. Teach me the ways oh master. :bow:

Sonja - Your last year is sort of where I am this year. I'm in the collecting stage...although only for a short time. Congrats on the upcoming arrival of a new member of the family and the move into the bigger space! A friend had her little girl this morning (c-section, because the rug rat was upside down for the last monthish of her term). Mom and little Juliet Clara are doing ducky.

Courtney - Best wishes to you in your new job, and that's super exciting about the designing opportunity.

kdinsmore - Love the idea of separate budgets for separate projects. That's just too complicated for me to keep track of without confusing myself.

Shopping trip to Ms was a success and I'm $65.87 poorer on account of scrappy supplies. Got a bunch of alphas (50% off Recollections), some orange and blue paper, and some 8x8 page protectors, which can all be crossed off my list, please and thank you.
Also nitpicked over the Christmas clearance and found too many goodies to count.

Also, I'm attempting Project Life this year, and part of my budget was for items currently sold out. Sounds as though product will not be back in stock until February, so...hopefully, like Alissa, I intend to roll-over into next month. Hopefully.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Bootses

Sonya - totally understand about packin' up your stuff. My house sold so I'm dragging my feet about packing my scrappy stuff. Getting the rest of the house first then . . .

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Good morning all! Welcome back Katie (I am only keep track of your overall but have listed the breakdown for you - this is just too much work once we get going so I hope you don't mind).

Jennifer Project Life sounds so ambitious - can't wait to see what you come up with.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

signed up for mini valentine card class at A's next week. $20 off my wishlist

Kelly I totally understand not knowing how to spend the money. I walk into a store with a coupon and still walk out. My room is overflowing.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Jennifer, it's fun to accumulate a stash of scrappy goodness. Enjoy!

Vivian, have you found your new dream house yet? Makes it easier to pack when you've got the new place to look forward to living in.

Hi Katie. How is your new job going? Are you still working part-time at Ms too?

Day 4 and my budget is still in tact, but I'm off to work in just a bit. Hopefully nothing new has come in.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Kelly - yes, we have an accepted offer on a house. The catch - it's held in a "trust". Which = short sale = 120 days of waiting!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thanks Courtney! Glad to have you back! And so glad to hear you got a new job!!! Yeah, the bills part of Christmas is a bummer, but I'm sure it was still worth it! We've done that in the past and are somewhat still paying for it! But with the baby coming and all, we had to set a strick no credit cards/cash only policy this year. Hang in there, paychecks will start coming! Congrats again on the new job!
Yeah, it's a bummer about the SOD kit, but I'm sure I'll be back! Mel actually was okay with me dropping out after December, but I just couldn't part with it that quickly! I did drop to only the basic kit, but ended up getting an add on anyway... Oops!

Kelly and Vivian - Yep, I'm super excited to get into the bigger place. We outgrew our 1br well over a year ago, but just couldn't find a place we could afford. CA is ridiculously overpriced in the apartment market! We lucked out that our current building had a 2br coming available early enough that I wouldn't be too hugely preggo to help out. DH is on a consolidation kick so I'm having to start getting rid of a lot of things I don't use or wear anymore and it's taking all I can to keep him OUT of my scrappy stuff!! Vivian, so glad you were able to get the new house!!! When's move day for you? (And I'm whining about packing a 1br... I can't imagine moving a whole house! Good luck!)

Jennifer - Oh the collecting stage is so much more fun than the organization stage! I've been avoiding M's and J's because i know they have clearance stuff and I DON'T need it! But I want it!

Speaking of... *Squeeee!* Got my two Cricut Carts I ordered the day after Christmas!!! Now... to go home, upload them on my Gypsy and start actually using them...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

GAH!!!!!!!!! My manager had me unpacking all the new K&Co spring stuff. Oh my goodness, some of it is fabulous. There are some chipboard letters I'm just drooling over. I only found three sets in the box and someone already bought two of them. I really wanted to buy the last one. They are gorgeous. Alas, I remembered my one little word. Restraint.

Sonja, what carts did you get?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Bootses

Danged Peachy website... I'm thisclose to caving on their deal today! I really do want those Pink Paislee Mistables so I suppose it's a worthwhile purchase! Someone talk me down quick!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Kelly, I got Jubilee and Base Camp. Cricutmachine had a big sale after Christmas and I paid $30 for both with Christmas money!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to SonjaC

I don't blame anyone for not following my budget break down, as it's mostly for me to break my budget! I have projects to make, budgets to blow and not enough time or money. I'm still PT at M's, and still alive at my other job. There are 5 core staff at 2 temps (Friday is their last day). 8 women in a very small space, with lots of people coming and going, phones ringing, and tons of learning- its been interesting.
I spent $21 on Slice cartridges and $13 on albums for my SIL.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

Hello Ladies

Kelly, I am totally loving my new job!! I am the new Controller of Cintron Beverage Group. They have been without an accountant for 3 months now so I have a lot to do and am totally busy all day, which makes the day fly by. Thank you all for the well wishes, I really got lucky in finding a job so quickly. And you know when I was home and not working I totally did not have time to scrap!! I think i really do MAKE time when my time is limited.

Sonja, I too have dropped to just the basic kit in February....i love their kits but they get pretty spendy....I too need absolutely nothing!! but NEED is not an option when it comes to scrapping HAHAAH!!

I went shopping on Monday and did pretty well. I spent $58 at J's but had a $50 gift card...on the bottom where it tells you how much you saved...yeah i saved $128 so I think I did pretty darn good....I got 4 ms punches, and a ton of christmas scrapping stuff...ohhh and buffalo snow for my village (thats what put me over my card so technically it wasn't scrappy stuff hahaah)

I then went to M's because I had a gift card for there also...I spent $14 over my $30 gift card. SO Tammy, please deduct $14 from my budget!!

Boy have I missed you ladies! OH and it was 14 degrees here this morning...i was totally not a happy camper!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

It's been the 70s during the day here. Hoping for hot chocolate weather soon.

I haven't spent anything. Who's impressed?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Well I'm impressed, Alissa! (And just a little jealous!) I'm sooo weak-willed, I caved on the Peachy Cheap deal... drat!

So mark me off another $9.99, Tammy!
After SOD, that'll leave me all of $5 to spend for the month!

I'm blaming Courtney... She turned me on to those sites a few months back!! Thanks a lot!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I am definitely impressed Alissa! You, Kelly and Vivian are all not being yourself - where did the aliens hide the bodies I wonder?

Courtney so glad you are enjoying your new job!

Sonja my dear girl - you are the gonna be the Queen of Bust this month if you are not careful!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Sonja so I assume your SOD is $55 so I marked it right away

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Um, what's wrong with Vivian?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Its ok Sonja...you can blame me LOL!! whatever helps you to sleep at night HAHAHAH!!

I am extremely impressed Alissa, Kelly and Vivian....i dont know how you do it.....I honestly NEED nothing, but still feel the impulse to BUY!!! LOL I am hoping to get some scrapping done tonight

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'll be honest. I'm still thinking about those adorable chipboard alphas from K&Co. If they are still there tomorrow, I might be bringing them home with a coupon. I was thinking about holding out until next week when the coupon is 50%, but with only one set of letters left, it will never be there. Next week, I'll pick up a pack of ATG tape with my 50% off. I start to panic when I have less than 10 rolls of tape...

Courtney, I'm so happy you love your new job, and congrats on the design team. That's awesome.

Sonja, I knew you couldn't resist the mistables. Those were awesome. Other than F2F, I refuse to look at any of the daily deal sites. I'm determined to be good.

Alissa, you are doing awesome. Keep it up!

Vivian, stop beating your computer up and pack instead. Can't wait to see a few piccies of your new house! Hope the close happens sooner rather than later. I know how frustrating short sales can be. I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly and quickly for you.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Is it friday yet? LOL

Thanks Kelly for the sweet words...No scrapping for me tonight...we have to go grocery shopping YIKES LOL...hopefully tomorrow night will be scrappy happy time for me...Saturday we have to go pick out our new wood floors, and look for furniture....oh and DE DECORATE my house where Christmas threw up LOL!! Sunday I am going dress shopping with my friend for her wedding dress...

I JUST WANNA SCRAP!!!!! lol

Vivian I totally do not envy you..i HATE packing..I have moved so much that I am really good at not keeping stuff....but its still a pain in the rump!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I feel for everyone - I am starting to go through absolutely everything once again - I am planning to move to Britain (hopefully before Easter) and it is so much cheaper to buy new so I am going to be very ruthless about what I am keeping and what goes - I will donate whatever I can. But oh it is hard indeed.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Tammy - Yep... probably will be the Bust Queen this month, though I'm really going to try not to be! SOD is $55 I think... I'll get the invoice this week - we don't count shipping right? If we do, then I bust!

Kelly - STOP gushing about those K&Co alphas and go get them!!! I think I'd panic if I only saw one left... But get them and let us see them so I can oggle them enviously!

I'm impressed with Vivian and Alissa for sticking to their budgets (so far)!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Bootses

Oh beans.... they just posted all the new K&Co stuff on here... Loving that Engraved Garden set... I just can't catch a break!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

jci but now thanks to Sonja I need to check out the new stuff

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

I only enable when I must!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

well there are lots of great things, but nothing I would cut my arm off for...I'm safe...and I love an enabler btw:)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

lmao thats why we all get along so well..we are one big group of enablers LOL!!

ok so there is the peachy deal site and f2f...what is the other one i gave you sonja because it has been so long since i have had spending money LOL!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Speaking of enabling... Courtney

It was CropChocolate.com, though I rarely find anything on there I can't live without!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

thank you sonja LOL!! adding them to my daily regimen of shopping LOL...I still have trouble shopping online....but I am trying to get better LOL I now get 2 kit clubs that I love from online so it can't be that bad right LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

and its a good thing the peach daily deal was sold out when I got there cuz it is GORGEOUS!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

you guys are killing me! I am not going to look at sites - cheap or not! And I am seriously thinking of anything I buy shipping directly to the UK - but then I would not be able to play with it.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Hello ladies, I went to M's and HL and all I got was a few chipboard albums because they were only .20 cents like who could pass that up lol I only found 3 I would have bought them all lol.. anyways a small 80 cents is all I spent (got some clearance bling too...but I am sad I really wanted some cute Christmas ebellies and Basketball but I must be too picky becasue I didn't like any thing at either store! CRAZY! I am going shopping online! lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ShaylaCreations

be careful Shayla!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I was working at M's last night and saw some clearance stuff I wanted, but refrained. Wanted some Slice stuff, but also refrained. Didn't need, and couldn't get further discount Must use what I have!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to kdinsmore

so, I ended up getting called in to work at Ms. That lonely set of Jubilee chipboard alphas was still there, so I brought it home with me. Please deduct $3 from my budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

oh $3 is not much Kelly - don't be so forlorn

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

You gals are soooooo bad!!! LOL!!

I posted a LO this morning. It's an ode to Alissa - it's her birthday today!!!!!!!!!

Packing is a PAIN! I moved a lot when I was younger but now that I'm married with a kid it's a PAIN. Did I mention that already? Anyway, the good thing that's coming out of it is my husband is throwing away/donating junk. Our garage is looking better now that we are moving!! LOL
So hoping all this anxiety will be worth it. I'll let you know once we get into the house. Or maybe that's an if we get into the house. Everyone says we got the hard part over with - selling our house. But honestly, that was the easy part. Our house is clean, cute and available. (Am I biased?) Houses that we looked at weren't clean, cute and a lonnngggg wait to get them. Except for the one we want. It's need an upgrade but nothing a fresh coat of paint and new carpet can't take care of.

So to make a long story even longer, we sold our house and have no place to go but an expensive hotel room or expensive RV lot. That's what's really bumming me out. I'm feeling homeless and out of sorts. BUT, we wanted to do this for our family so I'm trying to tell myself it will all be worth it in the end.

Somebody scrap me a "sob" story!! Thanks for reading my post! (I KNOW it could be worse - so I'm trying to stay positive).

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Happy Birthday Alissa! I saw the layout - it is gorgeous!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Things will all come together Vivian - it just doesn't seem that way now because you are knee deep in the muck - hang in there sweetie!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Happy Birthday Alissa!

Vivian Try to make your temporary living situation a mini vacation. We've been there several times with 3 boys. We'd try a new resturant, park, use the hotel pool-something adventurous everyday. Hope that helps.
Do you have a son? how old?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Find a new board game, read a chapter book together, a 1000 piece puzzle if you have room...
trying to think of things we've done...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Vivian, I agree with what Tina is saying...make it an adventure!! Although I can totally understand why your feeling anxious

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISSA!! Hope you have an absolutely amazing day!!

Shayla i hope you restrained yourself...ahh who am i kidding hahaha!! i cant control myself in the least...the good news for us is me and hubby cleaned our bedroom last night which was really really needed...so my little scrappy corner will hopefully be easier to organize this weekend!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

these are great ideas Tina.

I am making an executive decision (cause I am the hostess so I can) - when giving me amounts please round up or down to the nearest dollar - I don't really want to be figuring out cents - every little extra second is time I should be scrapping lol

Hope you all don't mind - it's just easier

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Alissa, have a wonderful birthday!!

Vivian, I saw your blog this morning and left some love. Your LO is gorgeous. As for moving, two years ago we moved to AZ from CA. We didn't sell our home, so we rented it up, and the movers came and packed up all our stuff and put it into storage. We ended up renting and apartment for months while we searched for our dream home. Three people and two dogs in a small apartment wasn't ideal, (especially with very little furniture) but we made it work. In the end, it was so very worth it. Trust me.

Tammy, when I host I always round. Go for it!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

I always round too Tammy when i host...definitely makes it easier!!

TGIF...I totally cant wait for this weekend!!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Thanks for all the cheers!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Courtney - TOTALLY on the Peachy deal yesterday!!!! There was a reason it was sold out... I would have busted!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISSA!!!

YAAAY Kelly for getting those alphas!! And $3 is nothing!

Shayla - Eighty cents?!? You've got a long way to go on that budget, missy! LOL!

Vivian, you poor thing! I love Tina's ideas though... your totally not homeless - Your just on vacation from homeownership! Rock that Extended Stay and enjoy the cleaning service while you can!

What Tammy, you didn't like my $8.83?! I want my extra $.17 please! Teasing of course - round away!

OH, sadness! We're moving out of our cabin in the mountains this weekend... It's only a studio, but I'm really going to miss it!
Yes yes, I know it's for a very good reason, and there will be others, but still!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

Extended Stay and cleaning service.... hmmm... That's sounds like a good deal to me!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ladies! It's been a very nice day

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Sonja - lol - just bank the rest!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

You are making changes for the future sonja...so try and not be sad...maybe do a page about your favorite memories at the cabin...that way when you miss it you can turn to that page!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Courtney that is a great idea!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Vivian- Hubby and I had to sell our 1st house when my BIL moved out. House finally sold and we scrambled to find a house. Day before signing we didn't know if had financing or not. We moved and I had my SIL's bridal shower 8 days later. There are still boxes and ******** in the basement nearly 2 years later! It will all come together and you'll find a perfect house to make a home.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Good morning all - hopefully this weekend I can get my 3 layouts done from my goals in the other thread!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I plan to do some birthday shopping this weekend!

Still waiting on an order from Heartfelt Creations (xmas money). Hope it comes soon!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh so do we Alissa so we can all know what you got!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Awww, Sonja, I hope your moving day goes smoothly. You will absolutely love your new place once your sweet little baby is living there with you. BTW, Courtney's idea is brilliant. Scrap that cabin!

Alissa, What did you get. You know I'm a Heartfelt Creations junkie!

Hi Tina.

Katie, you need to get your arse over to the banana goal challenge and get those boxes in your basement unpacked. Please note, I have untouched boxes sitting in my garage from two years ago.

Tammy, hope you get lots of scrappy time this weekend.

Yesterday after I got off of work, I came home and started cooking dinner. While I was cooking my body started aching. I took some Tylenol and went to bed at 9:00. Woke up with a slight cold. It's not too bad, but I think I'll take it easy today. Maybe a few chores, and hopefully some scrap time/nap time.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Kelly I hope scrapping takes care of your cold:)

DS1 and his fiance' are on their way here. We are having our last XMas. All 3 boys and 3 gf-woohoo!
We are going to BWW and U of Ia wrestling meet-GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

have fun Tina. Kelly I hope it is not the cold I have - my gosh girl it is h***

i resisted the urge to stop at a scrapbook store today to buy christmas paper - I have a PSB binder FULL of Christmas stuff!

Back from groceries, am eating lunch, then doing some other chores and then scraptime!!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I had to go to Ms today to get some DMC floss to start a Christmas present (yes a Christmas present for 2012) and a 20% entire purchase including sale items was thrust into my hands - who am I to argue but it turns out I got some glittery papers (and one I can make some embellies out of as well as use it) and stuff for my honey's Valentine card (but alas I bought a stamp for $1.50 that was NOT a Riley stamp but it was too cute for my squirrely boy - it is a squirrel saying I am nuts about you) Ian loves squirrels for some reason. And it only cost me $4 total!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 01-07-12 06:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

what a find Tammy!! Our 20% off entire purchase is for tomorrow...and my friend needs to go to M's to get wedding invites...SOOOO of course I offered to go with her LOL

First we have to go bridesmaids dress shopping!!! I have been in more weddings in the past couple years than I was in my 20's LOL....I HATE IT!!! but how do you say no??? At least she has her dress already....so its just us girls and she already picked a dress out , so hopefully no one complains and I just have to pay for it LOL...I would never complain because it is her day...but man bridesmaids can be such a pain in the ARSE!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

spent $13 on svg files ($30 worth!!)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

LOL Courtney

Vivan that is a great deal!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

off to J's M's and AC's LOL...this is going to be trouble...since I haven't shopped in ages!!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Courtney, I haven't done any weddings in a long time. I eloped. Two friends are getting married this year. Guess I was overdue!

Tried to spend money at J's this morning but the website didn't like my gift card Will try again later.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics