Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: January Budget Challenge        (Topic#1568555)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Ladies I will not be able to host for February so if someone else can that would be great - I will still be budget conscious however (yeah like I think I have two SU orders to put in from friend's parties)

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

I guess it's a good thing, I really have a good sized stash, just I was hoping to find more than I did.. I only found a few cute embellies for my current projects and I have to make it work.. unless I wait till I make another online order... But since I just placed one It probably will be a month or so and I can't wait.

That is a good reason to buy, but yeah moving extra supplies is not fun.. I just had to do that for the second time.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Bootses

I did get christmas and bball embellies as well. I just forgot my ATG gun adhesive I can't believe I forgot!! I am on my last row.

Tammy I can host, if no one else does. but I won't be able to update everyday. If someone else wants it they can have it, but I will be here more next month.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to ShaylaCreations

WELL....i am baaaad and i think I busted today!!!! LOL

Our Local Scrappy Store is closing (not due to lack of business but because they don't want to do it anymore)...so everything in the store is 50% off...I went to a crop with a great group of ladies I know and well I spent $56...i got Paper, Viva Pearl Pens, Stickles, and 6 Glimmer Mists WOO HOOO!!

I blew my twist because I bought a ridiculous amount of paper!!! LOL but how could I resist, some if it was like 12 cents!!

I got my Scraputante order in today and wowsa did I get some awesome Dusty Attic and Leaky Shed!!! Can't wait to make some layouts....I got doilie chipboards they are sooo cute!

I got 5 layouts done and actually started 2 others....it was a productive and fun day!! Going to miss cropping at my LSS, but i have made such great friends that we will be cropping at each others houses!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Courtney given the situation, I think it is fair you busted!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I love DA and Leaky Shed!

I started playing around with digi scrapping last night. Watched a bunch of videos trying to learn to navigate PSE. I couldn't believe all the awesome digi kits that people just give away for free!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to runzalot81

Courtney, that sounds like a perfect reason to bust!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

can you believe it! There are only 3 of us who busted and not the usual suspects!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Courtney, I think it would have been crazy not to bust in a situation like that! I hate when a scrappy store closes but I never heard one actually closing because they just didn't want to do it. I guess that is better than being forced. I know a store Out here was going to close because they were moving away, and someone else bought it from them and took it over.

Only 3 days left in the month too!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

The great LSS in Louisville closed a few years ago. I think they did that in lieu of Archiver's and Joanne's arriving and probably didn't feel like they could compete. It was a bit out of the way for me but I still miss it.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Vivian Lake

Courtney, I probably would have busted too. I'm attempting to give myself $15 today to spend on Recollections embellies. Hope I don't go over. I'm also working on my budget and wish list for next month. I need some Stampin' Up punches and matching stamps. NEED THEM, I swear I do.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

We don't have any LSS in Katy. They've been dropping like flies around the Houston area. And Houston is huge so I don't get out much. Now, San Antonio folks know how to run LSS. They have at least five and I always go to at least three. One is called Stamp Antonio. HELLO! SA is also very easy to navigate.

Mine and Vivian's families are going to meeting up in SA this summer. I know what Vivian and I will be doing for a day

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh and San Antonio is such a cool city - I love the riverwalk!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I have a friend that lives in Katy. One day, when I visit her, I'm going to ambush you, Alissa.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

And how awesome would it be to spend the days shopping with Miss Vivian? You two will have the most fabulous time.

It's off to work for me. I will come home with some budget money left, but I know/plan to blow my twist. I'm completely out of little, bitty pearls. I need some bling. I may also buy a flower pack. We'll see. The day has so much potential.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

Kelly! How'd you do?

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

All this talk of bling and flowers - you'd think we were making wedding plans!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lmao Vivian

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

$17 gone and my twist blown out of the water.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

uhhh well i spent $40 at Michaels today....on their new beautiful embellies that were 40% off...I just couldn't resist....hubby was with me so it was all ok

I have talked extensively with the owner of the LSS...they just are not good business people...They have people that drive over an hour to come to their crops on a weekly basis. Its not because of lack of business. They actually told a friend of mine that they hate doing the crops because the people are so annoying (and she is one of the people that goes to the crops all the time). Pretty stupid from a business standpoint. Also, they don't really carry the brands that Ms Js and AC Moore carry. We have all 3 of those stores in a 15 mile radius. I think they could have been much more successful if they carried some things that aren't available in those stores...

Then they really ticked me off because this saturday was suppose to be their last day. When we booked the crop it was suppose to be the final one...and since then they have set 3 more dates as their final dates...I think its just a ploy to get people to book the crops so Im not going back there....

ok I really have to go to bed LOL

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

ouch

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I still have $16 dollars left. Awesome!! I might actually end the month with some leftover money. Sweet!!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Bootses

Hey Ladies JCI and I am heading to M's today after my Youngest son's bball practice. I shouldn't bust since I just need ATG adhesive and I have a 40% off coupon I am just getting one package for now and I have 18$ left, so far so good

Also I should be able to keep next month's challenge updated more than I originally thought

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Yayy!! thanks for hosting Shayla!!

next month I am going to do really good!! (thats what I keep telling myself anyway LOL)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Bootses

You guys were a bunch of chatty-Kathys this weekend! Phew, 2 full pages to cu on!

Tina - Yeowsers! You GO girl! Go on with your Vicky's Secret bag! Hawaii is so pretty, but so are the hotel bedrooms...

Tammy - WOW!! Bust-o-rama!

DAAAAANG Courtney!!! I'm spending vicariously through you then... seeing as I can't buy squat with $1! Given the situation, I would have totally busted too! Thats a shame they're pulling that cr@p on the crops tho...

Shayla - Thank you for hosting Feb! (BTW, adhesive doesn't count against your budget, ya know! )

Actually I was thisclose to busting on Friday... my co-worker and I were going to order some stuff off here (like I needed more Prima... lol), but we ran outta time. She told me this AM that we're going to the Feb Expo in Anaheim tho so I better build that into my budget - along with my $40 Groupon for the LSS! February is going to be tough... LOL

Seriously, Alissa, how'd you get away w/o spending even $10!?! (Good for u tho!) Lots of $$$ left over this month for a change!

Well we are 90% moved in though most everything is still in boxes and bags. I'm really happy in the new place except that there are much fewer cabinets in the kitchen... (Seriously, I had 15 in my old place and we now have 6!!) So far I've made do, but it'll take a while for me to get comfortable that way... LOVE the hardwood and tile floors and that there's only carpeting on the stairs and in the bedrooms!! The cats had a blast going up and down (up and down, up and down) the stairs - specifically at 2AM!! One good thing though, I can tell right away when they need their nails trimmed... click click click on the HW and tile! Poor kitten can't understand why she keeps slipping on the floor - uh, hello no traction on tile silly! And apparently, ceiling fans render our previously 'fearless' kitten CATatonic! LOLOLOL!! Whenever we turn them on, she freaks out and hides! LMAO!
We just have the last of the old kitchen stuff, hanging plants and curtains and stuff from the old closet to get out of the old place by Wednesday.

Obviously no shopping (or scrapping) for me this weekend, huh? :P
Bit long-winded today, aren't I?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

well you had lots to catch up with us on....I cannot wait to hear about the Scrapbook expo in February..I will be going to the one out here in May...so you will have to give me an insider scoop on what I NEED!! LOL

Glad you got mostly moved....Moving is terrible...but it does make you get rid of stuff!!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Sonja I can only imagine going from that many cabinets to 6! I never had a lot of cabinets so It's always the thing I complain about.. this place has more, but still not 15! wow that must have been amazing!

thanks ladies, I am just glad to help this is our challenge I have been feeling bad about being so MIA lately. I hope to get back into things...

Oh and Sonja I am glad adhesive doesn't count because I would have busted.. I bought some 3-d stickers 40% off but then I got one that wasn't 40% off but didn't want to leave it behind so that would have put me over.. I need to re-total but I did buy everything I said I would this month and a beach embellie and hammer/construction tool for my habitat for humanity pages. I planned ahead for the next two times I am going.
I will be back with my total.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

$11.74 round it to 12 (I didn't include my tax lol) so I didn't bust even with my adhesive I was exactly on 18$

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Thanks for hosting next month Shayla (and as a birthday present from me to you - tomorrow is a free day) It's my birthday on Thursday but I won't be home tomorrow until quite late.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Free day?? does that mean budget doesn't count??? LMAO!! Happy Birthday Tammy

Sonja I can totally sympathize with the lousy cabinet space. We just completed a kitchen remodel and I was blessed to double my cabinet and counter space. My husband says we no longer have a fisher price kitchen LMAO!!

How are you feeling Sonja?? having a good pregnancy?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I'm saying it doesn't count here but it is up to you if you want it to count for you or not.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

woo hooo hoooo!! hey any excuse i can get tammy LOL!! I love your birthday LOL!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy is giving us a free day?? On a month I resolved not to bust? Drats!! I will be good. I will not bust!!!

Shayla, thanks for hosting February!

Sonja, I'm glad you are almost settled in. The cat story almost made snort coffee out of my nostrils. Give a girl some warning next time.

Courtney, I hope you plan on doing a before and after page on your kitchen. That would make for a great page.

As far as kitchens go, I've determined it doesn't matter how much space you have. You will find a way to fill it. It's kind of like scrap storage. Never enough...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

too true Kelly!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Bootses

Ok ladies I went ahead and posted the new challenge http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti... so you guys can start posting budgets for next month.. I am working on mines now.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

lol I just read about the free day lol hmmmmm no, I will be good lol.. I am happy I came in just under budget Plus I got everything I need.. for now..

Tammy Happy EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Well, Since Tammy is giving us a free day....i am going to enable you a lil bit ladies. LOL

Scraputante has 20% off EVERYTHING today is the last day, you use coupon code FACEBOOK20 (go over and like their facebook page) and I have a free shipping code COURTNEYFREESHIP. and YES you can use both codes!

SOOOO thats 20% off plus free shipping...EVEN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!! Just sayin' LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

not even going to look - I started going through some of my stuff - there is a yardsale on the 4th of March that I am putting some of my scrapping stuff in (it is just scrappy stuff) and oh my I have soooo much stuff - most of my Cm Stuff is going, most of my Fiskars are going, most of my CTMH inks and the few stamps I have left are going plus any number of tools I don't need to keep.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Oh i have a ton of stuff to get rid of but for some reason that doesnt stop me from buying more LOL...You are a strong woman Tammy!! I wish I had your will power!!

I guess if had to move I wouldnt be collecting more stuff though!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

yes - my sweet wonderful husband will let me replace anything I need when I get there! And get there I will because after only 3 business days I just got an email indicating my Visa has been issued and my passport is en route from New York.

However I cannot give my notice until March 8 since that is our bonus pay out day and I want my dang money from working all year lol and I have surgery on March 12 so that will take a year. I also by law here have to give 2 months notice to the landlord and my lease is up at end of April so I will give notice with rent on March 1. April will be free since we always pay last month up front so sometime after Easter I will be moving to England - much to do, much to do!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

there ya go...the sacrifice will be worth it!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Bootses

I cannot believe I missed the Peachy deal today!!! 115 pieces of 7Gypsies!!! for $25...ughhh well I don't need any more paper anyway....where are my enablers lol

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I returned stuff at A's a few days ago and got let go from my job today.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

oh Katie - are you okay?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Courtney, I received an e-mail on the Peachy deal this morning and refused to even peruse the paper. I love 7Gs. Also, you are evil. My budget will remain in tact dangnabbit, even though I really want some DA.

Tammy, it's finally happening. You will be living in the UK soon. How exciting!!

Katie, I'm so very sorry.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I am so proud of you Kelly! Signing off here.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Okay, cu on chatter here and will go cu on the February thread, but first...

Oh Katie, I'm soooo sorry! I hope you find a new job soon! Don't worry, we're all there for you for moral support!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to SonjaC

Thank for the love gals. I was in shock for a day, but the workplace wasn't the best for me and I'll find something better. Now, to figure out what I want to do with myself and get a job I like. Also, work on those LOs and keep inline with my budgets!

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics