Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: January Banana Goal        (Topic#1568557)
Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to JustJenScraps

Number 7 and 8 are done. Plus an made an extra baby card!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Vivian Lake

wow already and you just got back!

I am done those 2 loads of laundry (in fact a 3rd is in the washer now)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I do believe that now entitles me to 2 free shopping trips (riley is on sale this weekend!)

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Tammy, I was in scrappy withdrawal. Plus, I love a deadline. It truly helps me to DO/MAKE something when I know I have a deadline. The trip wasn't really that hard. All the flights were on time, etc etc. Except for the constant meetings (on my part) it was a rather relaxing trip.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I hear you about the withdrawal and the deadline thing - even at work I function better as the deadline approaches

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I need to add some goals so I will need to think on that but the first one
- get everything organized and together for Monday for my biometric interview

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Day four same page kit. I loathe it. Nothing is working right. I can see it in my head, but it's not translating to paper...

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

Got goals 4 and 5 done this morning.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Maybe I can scratch off a goal tonight...

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to runzalot81

I don't think I will ever get my scrap room clean, but I finally organized, the last box of stuff and put all the containers on the shelves. I put away my Christmas stuff and my winter stuff. I craft every day, so my desk has a different mess every day, but I'm trying to come up with a way to have all the stuff I'm working with, papers, tools, glues, etc in one case rather than 5 different catchalls.

I finished a 3rd lo!! Oh crud, I forgot about an online crop tonight.. I rented some movies with my daughter and fell asleep through the second one. The first one we saw was "The Help" it was a wonderful movie, tear jerker. The second one, don't waste your money or time, called "the Tree of Life" with Brad Pitt in it. That's the one I fell asleep in. It was thee most boring movie I've every seen. About 20 minutes of volcanoe/ocean/who the hecks knows scenes, not sure what the movie was about. Pretty sad.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 01-20-12 10:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Lookin4newideas

I'm reading "The Help" now and can hardly put the book down. My sister says the movie follows the book pretty closely and I'm definitely gonna watch.

Packed my scrap room last night. *sobs*

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Poor Vivian!

I cleaned up my space this morning.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Vivian, The Help was one of the best books I read last year. And I'm sorry your scrap stuff is all packed away. It's just temporary though. You'll be back to crafting before you know it.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

please add the following to my list

- sort all the paper i am giving away, purging etc

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

My daughter wants to read the book now. She said I cursed her. She kept crying through out the movie! Ever since I got pregnant with her, I cry watching tv or mushy stuff and the past two years, she's sometimes even worse than me!

I found a challenge on here for Scrap-room makeover. Not necessarily to redesign, but to to get it organized and have things put away, etc. Perhaps change something that will make it easier to help keep it clean. I joined it!

I want to add a goal for this week.
1)Paint my scrap room (as long as the paint is still good) I have a gallon of pink paint I bought for my daughter two years ago and she decided not to like it. The walls need to be painted in here, so I might as well use what I have. I'll be able to accent it with blacks and whites and silvers.

actually 2:
2) gather all my extras to donate to Pebblesh and mail it. (she in turns gives it away to people who are new to scrapping or may not be able to afford to buy new things, etc)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh pink and black and white with silver sounds soooo very classy

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I finally finished a second page kit. I need a banana so I can shop. Must. Get. Busy.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

It looks like I'm going to go the entire weekend without crafting :/

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Sometimes you just need a break from crafting to feel refreshed and inspire creativity again. You'll be back at it in no time.

I just added another goal even though I haven't finished with my last set. I still have that stupid rosette snowman in pieces all over my craft room. I need to put him together. Maybe he'll be done by next year...

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

• Vivian Lake Said:
I'm reading "The Help" now and can hardly put the book down. My sister says the movie follows the book pretty closely and I'm definitely gonna watch.

Packed my scrap room last night. *sobs*

I am so sorry that you had to pack up but just think of unpacking in your new space and how much fun it will be!

I read the help and watched the movie. For once I can say they did a great job keeping the storyline the same. It was a great book/movie. I loved it!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I finished my Dec. Daily LO, and next up is that snowman. I will have him all put together today, yes I will.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

you go Kelly!!!!

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena

HI ladies!! I have been MIA for a few days, and seems like I missed a whole lot of chit chat. lol sorry ladies. I am slowly completing my goals... My lil' scrappy corner seems to never be clean/organized! anyhow, I just ordered a whole bunch of pictures (snapfish.com has a penny print sale going on right now 99 prints for 99 cents) so hopefully when I get those pictures in the mail, I will get inspired to do some more LO's. How has everyone been doing?

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to cheena

just getting ready for that final phase of moving out of my house

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Hi ladies! I finished my 10 cards! WooHoo!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to cpowife

Hi Cheena, that's a fabulous deal for photo printing. Wish I wasn't so lazy about ordering pictures. There are a ton I need.

Yay, Stacey! You get a banana. Good for you.

Vivian, now that you are close to the finish line, are you getting excited yet? Have you already purchased a new house or are you still looking?

Last night I spent about 2 hours in my scrap space glueing rosettes for that stupid snowman. I had tons of accordion circles that needed to be made into rosettes, and my mother had helped me with them. Dear Lord, she stapled every single one wrong. She just attached the pieces together instead of attaching them to the correct peak so they made an actual accordion fold. I'll remember this snowman project forever, because it feels like forever since I started it. Anyway, all the rosettes are done, but I ran out of hot glue and didn't feel like digging more out, plus I couldn't find the directions, so the snowman pieces will be glued together today, and then I'm packing him in a closet until later in the year. I'm over him.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Kamananui

gee Kelly, sounds like that snowman should never have been "born"

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol Kelly sometimes it is best to just do it yourself!

Stacey congrats on your banana

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Bummer, I took the paint out yesterday and it was dried out. Somewhere I should have another gallon of paint. If not, I'm going over my friend's house on Thurday and he's going to see what they have leftover from when they painted a couple of years ago.. hope his paint is still good And he has some purple, hopefully.

Kelly, I was laughing as I read about your snow man. I bet if you had the directions in front of you he would have turned out as beautiful as your pumpkin did.

Vivian, did you ever find temporary lodging? Or is the house you bought going to be available when you move out?

And since I missed out the past month or two ...Tammy, did you finally move to England?

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena

Finished my tags! Here is one for sharing:

Valentine tag 4 - Front By Cheena

and I am almost done with my LOTW swap as well!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to cheena

Sally - no - not yet - the application has been filed, and I have an appt tomorrow for biometrics - not sure what all that entails.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, good luck with your appointment today.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

thank - went well now all my official papers and documents and passport are on their way to NY (how friggin studid is that)

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

That would make me a wee bit nervous, Tammy!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I am more than wee bit nervous Alissa but apparently they have never lost anything yet since this changed last year when they closed the Ottawa office

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Dumb question, if you're in CAN, why would you need to send your stuff to NY in the USA? Where will you be leaving from?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is biometrics? Was that a prerequisite? Was it another name for a physical?

Last week, my doctor calls me to tell me my triglycerides are running a bit on the high side. I was on medication last year which she took me off of this past June. So, instead of putting me on meds, she told me she was going to put me on fish oil. I told her it sounds disgusting and asked if I was going to be smelly or tasting fish. "Oh no...." Well, I'm on week one where I only have to take 3 a day, then next week two 3x a day. then the next week [email protected] a day. I was smelly fish just her telling me this. Well, I'm on day three now and tonight, I'm burping up fish. We had meatloaf. Meatloaf doesn't taste anything like fish. You know, if natural remedies work, than fine. But I don't care if its synthetic or natural, just give me what's quicker and more convenient.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

My coworker makes me buy her the Omega Fish Oil heart supplement. She swears by it. And yes, she burps "fish".

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena

Happy Friday Everyone!! I finished my other swap YAY!!!

Tammy, how did everything go yesterday? I'm with Sally also, what is Biometrics?

Sally, that seems like a lot to remember to take?! Anyhow, I take an Omega Fish Oil supplement everyday along with a multivitamin, and I've never had that problem... Maybe b/c I'm only taking one? How long do you have to take that amount of supplements? Will it be reduced? Maybe that will help... Sorry for all of my questions. LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to cheena

I absolutely loathe fish, so burping fish is not an option. There is a brand of fish oil out there that is infused with strawberries so when you burp, you taste strawberry. I can find out the brand if you like. I'm too scared to even try those.

Tammy, I'd be a little nervous too. Yikes!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Cheena, did you finish both swaps?

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena
In response to Kamananui

Yes I did. Phew!! lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to cheena

everything I guess went okay. Sally dear my question exactly - wtf is NY got to do with anything - they are the contractors that do the Visa processing.

Biometrics is they take fingerprints and do a special digital facial photo.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

i'm overwhelmed about moving to a nearby town - can't imagine moving to another country

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps

hey girls! Sounds like you all have been busy!

We just spent the last 2 days at the wrestling regionals tournament. Got some great shots but am completely wore out. 7 hours Friday and 9 hours on Saturday. Very long days. I think I have bleacher butt.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Two bananas for two cards and the kitchen trim.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

The board is just filled with bananas. Great job everyone!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

we could bake the biggest banana bread loaf!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Yum! I love banana bread.

I can not remember who the original hostess of this thread was since it's passed hands a frillion times since Alissa. Would you all like me to continue to host for February?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

if you are up to it - that would be great Kelly!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

You really are an awesome hostess, Kelly

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena

Is there a new thread up for February yet?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to cheena

Awww, thanks for love.

The February challenge can be found here:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics